KLEEN's Quest for PRIME! A transformation contest log.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I have tossed my hat into the ring in the Transformers... The Quest for PRIME thread and this will be my log to kind of track my progress and training during that run. It is an 8 week transformation challenge between myself, DreamWeaver, ScottyDoc, LivetoLift, and TurningGreen.

The contest is for 8 weeks as I said above and it is an anything goes contest so most all of us will be on some sort of anabolic whether it be a PH, DS, Peptides, or AAS. No one is required to use full disclosure on everything they are taking to achieve the goals since some of us have families and it isn't considered the best idea posting that info up.

To let you all in on what is going on I am running FinaFlex EPI-V, and AndroDrive right now and plan on adding in some Stanadrol at about 600-800mg a day as well as increasing my dose of AndroDrive up to 6 caps instead of 4. Once I do get the Stano I will probably stop the EPI-V until the last 4 weeks so I can use it to help me peak at the end since it keeps the water off so well.

I have been nursing an overuse injury to my elbow the past 2 weeks and can not lift heavy with it right now. As a matter of fact I have not lifted with it at all in a week. That is going to be a factor in my training and progress for sure. Hopefully I will be able to perform my Dumbbell Giant Set routine since it is very low weight. If not then I will be doing legs and then a hands free upper body workout consisting of Machine Flies, Machine Pullovers and Machine Lateral Raises.

Here is a picture of me in my current condition, 207 lbs 9.7% w/ 20 lbs fat, 187 lbs LBM

Now let's get this Mutha started!

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Got my eye on this

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok lets follow along...

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Sweet Kleen! You got mah vote!! GO AND KICK SOME ASS BRAH!

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Count me in!!

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for the invite. Should be a great competition.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In.

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
subbed here as well. cant wait to see the results off this one. any way ya'll will disclose any of the substances being used?

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
Looking forward to see how the pros do it! :p

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks to all of you for following along.

Superbeast, not sure what people are going to talk about. I listed quite a bit of anabolics I intend to use above, however this is going to come down to our training and nutrition. Also that distinction does not mean everyone is using something other than what is mentioned. However, it was asked that be a stipulation of the contest so I can assure that everything will not be mentioned by everyone.

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Thanks to all of you for following along.

Superbeast, not sure what people are going to talk about. I listed quite a bit of anabolics I intend to use above, however this is going to come down to our training and nutrition. Also that distinction does not mean everyone is using something other than what is mentioned. However, it was asked that be a stipulation of the contest so I can assure that everything will not be mentioned by everyone.
i never claimed to know how to read... good luck man.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
SUB'd for the WIN!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
This morning I went to do a little lifting and my elbow is still just not as recovered as I would prefer so I decided to extend the Hands Free workout through the rest of this week. For those of you that were not involved in my last log I have chronic tendonitis in my left elbow. Sometimes when I push to hard for too long it flairs up and then I have to take drastic measures like not training the area for a couple weeks. I already took one week off of training the area by not doing any pressing or pulling movements that I had to bend or straighten the elbow under a load.

Hopefully next week I can go back to training my full body and do my DB Giant Set workout. It is 20 reps per exercise, 3 rotations with 9 exercises done as a giant set with no rest being the goal and if unable to finish without a break then not more than 30 seconds between sets exercises or rotations. If I am unable again then I will just do more of what I already am.

Now for the actual workout.

These exercises were done Hands Free as in my hands were not touching the equipment while lifting. I wanted to make sure I did not unintentionally use my hands for any of the lifting and engage the tendon under resistance.

Lateral Raise Machine - 70x15, 90x12, 110x12, 110x12, 110x11 - My shoulders swole up like cannon balls by the end of these.

Pec Deck
- 105x15, 135x12, 135x12, 135x9, 120x12 - Had a nice burn in the pecs and a major chest pump.

Single Arm Lat Pull Downs using an Elbow Strap
- 50x15, 70x15, 90x12, 90x12, 90x12 - last set was hard to complete. If you are curious what this was. I took an ankle strap and put it on the Cable Crossover then strapped it just above my elbow around the bottom of my biceps and triceps then scooted back a little knelt down and rowed / pulled the cable down and back until my elbow broke the plane of my back. I was surprised by the isolation I was able to feel in the lats even though the strap was uncomfortable on my arm it did exactly what I needed it to for my lats.

Leg Extension - 150x20, 150x20, 150x20 - I have been alternating between a heavier leg day and a heavier or higher volume upper body day. Today was kind of a heavier uppper body day and I was only supposed to get a pump on legs today. Saturday I did hack squats up to 495 so today was just active recovery and getting circulation going.

Body Weight Good Mornings - 15 reps x3 sets in sauna - My hamstrings were still sore from Saturday's lift and I didn't see any need to push them so I used this to get a little stretch and blood into the muscles.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hands Free... Hahaha, that's what she said!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Interesting my woman tells me Hands On, you must be doing something wrong.
I like my womens to go hands-free personally, you know tickle the tonsils!!! IMO... of course!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I like my womens to go hands-free personally, you know tickle the tonsils!!! IMO... of course!!!
Uhm Al... if she is tickling your tonsils then she is a he and that is why they are hiding their hands...

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Uhm Al... if she is tickling your tonsils then she is a he and that is why they are hiding their hands...
i just spit my chicken out onto my computer screen. i have bbq sauce coming out of my nose. thanks dude. now the ish talking has escalated to perfection.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hahaha... Touche, you got me! Nice flip/flop, didn't see that one coming!!!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm the old Fugger and you guys are the ones with all the injuries... go figure...

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'm the old Fugger and you guys are the ones with all the injuries... go figure...
LMAO, sounds familiar doesn't it. I know you spent some time injured from training hard before you started farting dust. :)

Actually, aren't you nursing that chronic shoulder injury too?

Heck I am proud of myself, I actually had the intelligence this time to recognize it before it got to bad and react. I COULD train them really hard right now but I would just run myself down. Now if I could have just recognised it a week earlier I may not have had to take the 2 weeks but oh well this beats the heck out of a month or so. It does suck though I was poised to add some extra muscle to these guns of mine and get them a little more in line with the rest of my body. Now I have to hold off on that.

Today is a cardio day not much to tell. I will also be taking a walk at lunch and extending my fast until at least after that.

Macros For Yesterday:
Protein - 250 - 1000 - 36.5%
Carbs - 265 - 1060 - 38.7%
Fats - 75 - 675 - 24.6%
Total - 2735 Calories

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
LMAO, sounds familiar doesn't it. I know you spent some time injured from training hard before you started farting dust. :)

Actually, aren't you nursing that chronic shoulder injury too?

Heck I am proud of myself, I actually had the intelligence this time to recognize it before it got to bad and react. I COULD train them really hard right now but I would just run myself down. Now if I could have just recognised it a week earlier I may not have had to take the 2 weeks but oh well this beats the heck out of a month or so. It does suck though I was poised to add some extra muscle to these guns of mine and get them a little more in line with the rest of my body. Now I have to hold off on that.

Today is a cardio day not much to tell. I will also be taking a walk at lunch and extending my fast until at least after that.

Macros For Yesterday:
Protein - 250 - 1000 - 36.5%
Carbs - 265 - 1060 - 38.7%
Fats - 75 - 675 - 24.6%
Total - 2735 Calories
Yah very liltle I can do about it so I no longer really consider a real injury... injuries are things that I can improve, all the other shyte is just an inconvenience...

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Oh well in that case I am dealing with an inconvenience since the tendonitis in my elbow is considered chronic and will never fully go away. Doc said only way I can get rid of it is surgery to have the messed up part cut out. It is going to have to be a whole lot worse than it is now for that to EVER be a consideration. Similar to the situation with your shoulder. The inconvenience just happens to be acute at the moment.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh well in that case I am dealing with an inconvenience since the tendonitis in my elbow is considered chronic and will never fully go away. Doc said only way I can get rid of it is surgery to have the messed up part cut out. It is going to have to be a whole lot worse than it is now for that to EVER be a consideration. Similar to the situation with your shoulder. The inconvenience just happens to be acute at the moment.
Yah for me it'snot the pain so much as the weakness under heavy weight. I can get around it and even get the 100 lb db's on chest incline but sometimes not... flat and decline are no problem though.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yah for me it'snot the pain so much as the weakness under heavy weight. I can get around it and even get the 100 lb db's on chest incline but sometimes not... flat and decline are no problem though.
Yeah mine is simply that I know what comes after this if I don't get it under control. Nothing like dropping things because you can't hold onto them. I am talking small things to like a cup, or a shaker bottle. Move the wrong way and it runs accross that tendon and the grip just fails as the muscles go into that reflex to stop contraction in order to prevent further damage.

I definitely keep my eye on it and try to adjust quickly now after fighting it being pretty bad for almost 2 years.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have this little inconvenience called a Effed up Shoulder Girdle, if it is an inconvenience, then why does it always hurt so conveniently??? Ahhhh, things that make you go Hmmmmm????

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I have this little inconvenience called a Effed up Shoulder Girdle, if it is an inconvenience, then why does it always hurt so conveniently??? Ahhhh, things that make you go Hmmmmm????
Wait so it only hurts when it is convenient to you? HMMMMMM indeed.

Just remember this because when you lose to me and blame the shoulder I will simply say. "Oh how convenient..."

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah mine is simply that I know what comes after this if I don't get it under control. Nothing like dropping things because you can't hold onto them. I am talking small things to like a cup, or a shaker bottle. Move the wrong way and it runs accross that tendon and the grip just fails as the muscles go into that reflex to stop contraction in order to prevent further damage.

I definitely keep my eye on it and try to adjust quickly now after fighting it being pretty bad for almost 2 years.
When it comes on/happens, do you feel a sharp, yet electric/shock-like pain right before or when your hand goes weak/numb? My hand/arm never really goes numb, but I experience a sharp and electric shock-like pain in the shoulder before my entire arm and hand go completely weak on me!!! I am hoping and praying, but one of my old "Chiro School" teachers has a practice in the area and he is "The Master" of extremities and he swears he can re-set my shoulder back in place and then has a MT that is extremely skilled in deep tissue that can break up all the scar tissue and as long as I come see him once a week for a few weeks and get the soft-tissue work done weekly, and continue to lift high reps with very light weight, he believes he can get me 80-90+% better in a matter of 4wks, I'm a hoping and a praying!!! Please ohhhh Please let him be right!!!

I mean what he is saying makes perfect sense, but it is also what I really wanna hear too, LoL!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
No I beleive that so long as you did not tear anything that is a pretty reasonable expectation.

Yeah mine was a sharp almost electric shock and my fingers just kind of let go really quickly, there is not numbness though, that sounds more like you are floating around in the joint a bit and impinging a nerve. Mine was the Golgi reflex I think it is called causing the muscle to temporarily and completely relax for a second in order to prevent further damage contracting under perceived stress.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No I beleive that so long as you did not tear anything that is a pretty reasonable expectation.

Yeah mine was a sharp almost electric shock and my fingers just kind of let go really quickly, there is not numbness though, that sounds more like you are floating around in the joint a bit and impinging a nerve. Mine was the Golgi reflex I think it is called causing the muscle to temporarily and completely relax for a second in order to prevent further damage contracting under perceived stress.
Well... I sure hope it gets better after tomorrow's visit... conveniently of course!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
LOL yeah, I hope so too.

So for my cardio at lunch I walked to the bayou then did interval running the first mile basically running up the hills about 8mph and then a brisk walk down then ran up the next one... I did that the first mile on the trail then walked about 3 miles at a brisk pace. I was out there for a total of 70 minutes from the time I walked out until I walked back in the building.

I have no idea how many calories that burned, then I got back waited 45 minutes and had 6 oz grilled chicken breast which I just finished.

Was kind of cool I walk back through the front part of the library, it is just an open space outside of there with places to sit and stuff. Well I had my shirt off working on my tan. I was of course wearing my headphones but the song I was listening to had a dead spot at the end of the MP3 well I hear this woman exclaim "Damn look at him!" I didn't turn my head I just figured no big deal. So she said something else to her friend then her friend says. I am gonna tell him what you said. I am telling him you said he was one nice piece of meat you would like to eat." the other girl says "Well he is yummy!" Mind you they think I can't hear anything because I have my headphones on. At that point I just had to do it so I turned to her as I walked by and told her "Thank You!" She freaks and says "Oh my God he heard us, he just said thank you!"

I didn't know that a person could turn that red. Was very cool though because at this point I don't see myself in that way.

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
LOL yeah, I hope so too.

So for my cardio at lunch I walked to the bayou then did interval running the first mile basically running up the hills about 8mph and then a brisk walk down then ran up the next one... I did that the first mile on the trail then walked about 3 miles at a brisk pace. I was out there for a total of 70 minutes from the time I walked out until I walked back in the building.

I have no idea how many calories that burned, then I got back waited 45 minutes and had 6 oz grilled chicken breast which I just finished.

Was kind of cool I walk back through the front part of the library, it is just an open space outside of there with places to sit and stuff. Well I had my shirt off working on my tan. I was of course wearing my headphones but the song I was listening to had a dead spot at the end of the MP3 well I hear this woman exclaim "Damn look at him!" I didn't turn my head I just figured no big deal. So she said something else to her friend then her friend says. I am gonna tell him what you said. I am telling him you said he was one nice piece of meat you would like to eat." the other girl says "Well he is yummy!" Mind you they think I can't hear anything because I have my headphones on. At that point I just had to do it so I turned to her as I walked by and told her "Thank You!" She freaks and says "Oh my God he heard us, he just said thank you!"

I didn't know that a person could turn that red. Was very cool though because at this point I don't see myself in that way.
Hahaha that's gold!

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LOL yeah, I hope so too.

WOW! Damn Chris you are a STUD! Married though. If my wife heard/read that... she' forbid me from taking walks... Though maybe not as she has gotten really apathetic about the whole me trying to get abs thing. I guess I have morphed it into a "I'm trying to be strong, lean and have muscle function till I die thing" Looking good is very much less emphasized lol.

I wanna go for a walk and have some one call me yummy....

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice update Kleen! You guys aren't gonna make this easy at all! I might have to pull a schwell and jump on three oral methyls to keep up! Lmao!!!!!! Keep killing it, you will push us all to the brink on this one and like mentioned before we will all be winners in turn!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yep when you are in really great shape you have them coming at you.. even at my age. It''s weird how young some of them are. Some of them are hot enough to melt steel too... It feels really good but ... I can't do anything about it. Just do what Chris did and say thank you. Oh this is funny, my wife used to like to walk 20 feet behind me so she could hear women comment about me. Then she'd tell me...

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LOL yeah, I hope so too.

LMAO....Them moments when you can turn women's heads feel great!! Even for us married guys....pure motivation!!

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yep when you are in really great shape you have them coming at you.. even at my age. It''s weird how young some of them are. Some of them are hot enough to melt steel too... It feels really good but ... I can't do anything about it. Just do what Chris did and say thank you. Oh this is funny, my wife used to like to walk 20 feet behind me so she could hear women comment about me. Then she'd tell me...
love that! Hot enough to melt steel. hahah! I can't wait to be shredded either :D

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
God I live in the wrong city...or I'm just one ugly fugg.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Well I tried to do the multi-quote thing but it has really been hit or miss over here with it working. Yeah it was pretty cool, the girls was unfortunately not "Hot enough to melt steel." However I assure you she could have melted and ice cube... :) Would have been even cooler if she was hot but hey an unexpected compliment is always nice no matter who it comes from.

This morning was a high rep leg day. I haven't been feeling awesome lately, not sure why but I haven't. I have had some off an on fever and nausea and it took a lot to get my backside out of bed this morning. As a matter of fact if not for the competition I would have stayed in bed for certain. I had major night sweats last night, and think it could have been the carbs in the evening giving the metabolism a boost, or was just me having another feverish moment.

The workout - 20 reps 60-90 seconds rest.

Hack Squats - 135x20, 225x20, 225x20, 245x20, 245x20 - the last two sets I had to lock out and take a breath or two to get the final few reps out. Quads were full an pumped after this.

Leg Extensions - 130x20, 160x14, 145x17 - This one is a different machine and felt heavier than the other one so I had a hard time finding the weight I needed for 20 reps. I think 145 all the way through would have been better. Burn in quads was intense and they were so full they barely moved when I took a step.

Leg Curls - 70x20, 75x20, 72x20 - I could have went a little heavier here but I wanted to be careful with my leg. It is still at the end of it's recovery and this is one of the moves that can aggravate it. This and heavy leg press. None of this will be a concern as of next week when I start my new program. :)

Well the combination of high reps and not feeling well bit me about 30 seconds after my last set of leg curls and I had to make a b-line to the toilet and went through some extremely violent retching. Once I finished up and got myself and the toilet cleaned back up I went into the sauna and finished myself off with some stretching and 4 sets of crunches to failure, each set with a slightly different hip position or angle. I am not even sure why I went into the sauna though, between how much I sweat on the gym floor and then how much more I sweat when I started vomiting I am surprised I had much left to sweat out once I got in the sauna.

Got home had 1 scoop of HumaPro and one scoop of Grape Xtend. I am about to have 2 scoops of RecoverPro here in a few minutes, and another 2 scoops around 10:30-11:00, then will be going out to eat lunch with my beloved. Thursdays are our lunch date day and this contest is not going to stop that. The wife comes first!

Teaser - My abs seemed a lot more noticeable this morning. Especially when I got out of the shower. We have a flood light there and the dressing room is right across from it and there is a mirror there. It is probably the best lit place in the house to display definition. Could be I am getting leaner or that the tan I have managed to get taking my walks is making the definition stand out more. Either way, their is a visible difference already.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah getting sick wil really flush the water out of the system but bilemia is a hard way to go about it....

Yah I had one particular woman in mind when I mentioned the steel melting thing, it was a gorgeous black girl last summer and she said everything she needed with a look and a smile... don't even get me started about the bootie on this girl man!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I won't, you know I am an ass man so I would be daydreaming about it all day.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'm sure those ladies were dreaming about your abs yesterday lol.
Maybe my chest or arms, the abs are still barely visible if not flexed. They are getting easier and easier to see when flexed though.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Maybe my chest or arms, the abs are still barely visible if not flexed. They are getting easier and easier to see when flexed though.
That is definitely a good sign of things to come! Mine look great relaxed....if I'm dry. If not then they look like crap unless flexed. I don't think ABS are my strong point anyways. Even with lower bodyfat, I've seen guys at 8-9% with better more defined ABS than me

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That is definitely a good sign of things to come! Mine look great relaxed....if I'm dry. If not then they look like crap unless flexed. I don't think ABS are my strong point anyways. Even with lower bodyfat, I've seen guys at 8-9% with better more defined ABS than me
Well your abs are more than adequate you may not consider them a strength but they are far from a weakness. You also used to be bigger right? I have a little loose skin on my stomach that keeps my abs from really popping until I am really lean and it shrinks up a little. Your back, chest and arms are ridiculously lean to.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention my nutrition for yesterday.

161 grams protein 53%
18 grams fat 13%
103 grams carbs at evening feeding - 34%
Total calories 1218

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Chris... You Hot Piece of Meat you!!!