My journey and SS...my starting point - AnabolicMinds.com

My journey and SS...my starting point

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.

My journey and SS...my starting point

Hello all and thanks for reading. A little background on myself. I am a physically recovered anorexic(was 121 lbs am now 144) and have been cleared to begin weightlifting. imagine how bad I looked at 121 lbs. My height is 5'11 so you can. After doing alot of research and even though I have done fitness programs before I feel that Starting Strength is best suited to my current goals. I want to get stronger in the big lifts and by this time next year would like to be much stronger. I will be following the practical programming template which will look like this:
    Squat 3x5
    Bench 3x5
    Chinups 3 to fail
    Dips 3 to fail

Squat 3x5
    Press 3x5
    Deadlift 1x5
    Curl 2x8-10

Squat 3x5
    Bench 3x5
    Pullups 3 to fail
    Tri Extension 2x8-10

I will drop all accessory work if I feel my progress stalls at all. I have been doing BW exercises while recovering(dips,pulls,chins and pushups) but was not cleared for heavy BB work until yesterday. Tomorrow will be my day one workout which I will be filming and asking for any and all feedback on my form.
    My diet is also forced upon me at 3200 cals a day and if I am not gaining weight I have to up it. I am working with a nutritionist and my macros basically break down to 215p, 100 or so fat and the rest coming from wherever. Hoping that the people here can critique my form. Although I have a trainer that is going to work with me once a week I see no reason to get as many opinions as possible. Bar speed not max and slow and steady progress. Lets start!!

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.

Just to put this into perspective here are my short and long term goals.
    Short Term - Stop beaing a weak skinny bastard and to work as hard as I can in the major lifts.
    Long Term - Get myself mentally healthy and in a place where I don't have to meticulously count calories to be comfortable and maintain about 170 or so at 8-10%'m still at an unhealthy level despite the weight gain which was over about 3-4 months).

Personally I have to balance all this with getting into Political Science Graduate School. I will be moving over the summer and at this point I will buy a power rack and just workout at home. If anyone has any advice,suggestions please let me know.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.

Squat - 30 each side
    Bench - 135
    Chins - 11,10,10
    Dips wit 25 plate - 11,9,9

Ran day one as outlined by RIP in the book. Excited to start.
    •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Good starting point
    By Turbotuner101 in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-12-2009, 08:14 PM
  2. starting point PIC
    By Machwon1 in forum Pics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-13-2009, 10:37 AM
  3. My starting point! Pics! and stack
    By Machwon1 in forum Supplements