Who wants some FST7?!?!?!

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey everyone, Ol' DW here again with another training log. This time I'll be taking a break from the DC Blasting and go with the new "hype'd" training that is FST-7. I'll be doing an 8 week run with it, focusing on my Back and Legs for my sets of 7's.

I will also be lean bulking during this time. Calories will be above maintenance on training days (~500) and slightly less on off days (less carbs). I'll be heavier on carbs (ugh, idk how I feel about this) with 2x's per lb of body weight on training days and back them down on off days.

I'll begin this training on Monday 2/23. I'll start with morning weight (pre-food, post-bathroom) and measurements at this time also.

I'm still looking for a good "pump" preworkout supp. Its recommended for this outline of training and Hemovol seems to be getting a lot of attention, i've got a week to come up with one so any good ones let me know, im open to suggestions.

Hope everyone enjoys

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hemavol is awesome for pumps! You will need to add some stims though. The soon to be released Maximize Intense would be a great combo as the MaximizeV2/Hemavol pairing was crazy good for me. Looking forward to learning how your FST7 is set up.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do they have it at vitamin shoppe? I have a 30% coupon for their store, and its within walking distance of my apartment.

My split looks like so....

Sunday: Off
Monday: Back with 7's
Tuesday: Chest
Wednesday: Off
Thursday: Arms
Friday: Quads (am) Hams/Calves (pm) both 7's
Saturday: Shoulders

I may swap monday and tuesday, kind of depends on how I feel after shoulders on saturday

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Shew this regular volume crazy is a real change up

Everything was super set. I won't put weights bc well, they don't really matter with this training. I'll note if they go down or up though.

DB Pin wheel curls
3X12,10,8

Rope Pushdowns
3X15,12,10

Hammer preacher Curls
3X12

Dips
3x22,21,18

DB Seated Hammer curls
3x12,10,6

Skull Crushers
3x10

BB Curl
-3sec negatives
3X12,10,7

Rope Kick Backs
3x15,12,10

Really started running out of gas to the 2nd half of my workout. Had a huge pump with only Creatine and taurine preworkout. Didn't eat many carbs this week either so thts promising.

Started upping the carbs today though ;-)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah, I've thought about FST-7, but i'm too old for that crap :)

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Fst7 is good if you can recover and eat enough. My friend loved it. But he was taking in over 4.5k cals a day. And he is ecto meso. Pretty damn genetically gifted IMO. I got over trained on it. I definitely built up mean stamina though.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My tri's are pretty sore today, biceps meh, been worse. I do however have a ragging headache? No idea why, I feel like I drank champagne last night or something. Hmmm, well I'll toss back some aspirin and chug some water see if t helps.

I don't know I I'll be able to split legs today like i wanted. I'm moving this weekend and slept in a little later than expected so may just have to hit a hard 2 hr leg session, o well. I love killing legs so it's all good

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My legs feel like they're 800lbs! Pump wasn't anything crazy or out of the ordinary but 1st workout so I'm not judging. I'm def gonna have to split legs though, that'll increase my pump and overall work load

Leg extensions
3X15,12,10

Seated Leg Curl
3x12,10,8

Leg press (low stance)
3x20,18,15

Good mornings
3x10

Deep narrow squats
3x15

Stiff leg deads
3x12

Single leg extensions
7's

Lying leg curl
7's

*I'm hitting calves with chest Tuesday

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Shoulder pump in the morning then moved ALL DAY!!!! It was mostly raises with some presses at the end

On a side not, I ate close to 4lbs of ground beef today in the form of sloppy joes. I was in heaven haha

Def hit my protein mark for today! Had normal breakfast and post workout meals then sloppy joe bonanza started

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
While not the sloppy joe variety, ground meat and brown rice are daily staples in my diet. I usually brown the meat with some taco spices.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
While not the sloppy joe variety, ground meat and brown rice are daily staples in my diet. I usually brown the meat with some taco spices.
I'm a chicken and rice guy. Ground beef is too expensive for me right now.

In college I would buy the 15lbs logs from BJ's, it was 92/8 I think. Would throw some taco seasoning like you mentioned along with rice and some medium salsa & FF sour cream and be in heaven haha

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Better pump today, had a lot of sodium yesterday.

Modified Single Arm BB rows (DB only go to 100)
3x12,10,9

Lat Pull down
3x12,10,7

CG Cable Row
3x15,12,11

Rope pull overs
3x15,12,10

Smith Shrugs
3x15,12,10

Hyperextentions
3xfailure

Row Machine (underhand grip)
7'sx10-12

I dont try to have my reps up at 15, coming from DC training it's hard for me to gauge what weight I'll use and if I got some in the tank I ain't stopping at 12!

Plus I get better pumps from lower rep range work, 6-10reps, I know seems odd but how my boy seems to roll

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm a chicken and rice guy. Ground beef is too expensive for me right now.

In college I would buy the 15lbs logs from BJ's, it was 92/8 I think. Would throw some taco seasoning like you mentioned along with rice and some medium salsa & FF sour cream and be in heaven haha
Logs lol I call them torpedoes :p

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here's my diet breakdown. I need to add some more protein, a 50gr shake when I got home from work would be ideal. I wish dymatize still made their 12hr protein, it was in expensive and tasted alright.

image-2911890285.png

image-413124173.png

Carbs should be a little higher, my cottage cheese has pineapple in it so add about 24gr to the carbs that's the real out look on it.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Back is a little sore today, my back never gets really sore. Im excited for the growth possibility from that.

you want to be humbled with presses, do 4 sets of machine flys with a 2 sec squeeze as your first exercise.

Machine Fly
140x15
155x12
170x11
180x10

Incline BB Bench
225x10
235x8
245x6

Hammer upright chest press
45x12
50x12
55x12

Smith Decline Bench
135x20
135x20
145x18

My workout had to be sped up a bit also, I had cable installed yesterday morning so I had to wait around for everything to be completed so my 1hr 15min window was shrunken to about 35min

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well with moving this past weekend and putting everything away I found my diets from when I tried doing a contest 6 years ago! I also found my workouts from the time shortly after. I remember I made some great gains in the time after with that workout, hmmm.

I didn't do the show because the guy putting me through the show (and close friend) had a stroke about 4 weeks out from the show. However, this makes me kind of want to give it a go again. I was about 30lbs lighter than I am now but could make the adjustments to the diet, or just call me buddy and ask what to add.

Hmmm maybe a contest diet starting in May????

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Figured I'd post my diet invade you guys were wondering how I ate. This is the revamped version I'll put into place when my stuff gets here.

Meal 1:
True Protein MG's Powdered Muscle

Post workout
1 scoop Gaspari Intra-protein
2 pieces Ezekiel bread with jam

Meal 3:
4 egg whites
4whole eggs

Meal 4:
3 scoops Mass Maker
1 scoop Muscle Provider
8oz soy milk
1 tbs almond oil

Meal 5:
10oz chicken
1/2 cup brown rice
4 the natty peanut butter

Meal 6:
3 scoops Mass Maker
1 scoop Muscle Provider
8oz soy milk
1 tbs almond oil

Meal 7:
1 container cottage cheese w/ pineapple
1/4cup Almonds

Meal 8:
2 scoops Dymatize XT protein

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
]Had a better pump today, a good workout all together

Leg press low stance
435x25
525x20
615x15
705x10

Single leg extensions
70x12
70x12
80x8
85x6 -drop set- 40x6

ATG squats
135x20
185x12
225x8

Leg extensions
7's with 125 for 10-12

image-2829077312.jpg

Starting point for quads, trying to increase the outer sweep. 7 more weeks to improve!

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good pump today

Single Arm Hammer Machine Row
90x15
115x12
125x10

Neutral Pull Downs (2sec stretch at top)
170x12
175x10
180x9

CG Cable Row
180x12
185x11
190x10

Straight Arm Rope Pull Down
50x13
60x10
70x8-drop set-35x8

DB Shrug (2sec squeeze)
80x12
90x10
100x9

Back Hyperextentions
BWx3xfailure

Rope Face Pulls
7's with 50 for 10-12

Like I said, had a good pump today and felt strong. My back is on fire

image-132348345.jpg

image-3290629770.jpg

Starting back shot's. Trying to thicken up my upper back, 7 weeks to build!

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Workout sucked today. I'm done with this FST7, too much volume for me & my lifestyle (job) I cant recover. Novel idea, just not for me.

I'm eating 4k calories a day with a 20gr Creatine/Glutamine regimen & at least 7hrs of sleep every night (more on fri/sat/sun) and I'm still sore 3 or 4 days later and it's affecting my workouts

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well sorry guys, I decided to keep up with the FST-7. I've gained about 2lbs in 4 weeks and my waist remains the same. I'm starting to get stretch marks on the back side of my arm pit bad, at growth?)

I'm taking a few days off because of my work schedule. Plus it's been 4 weeks of hard training so the 3 days off should de me well. Back to shoulders on Friday!