16 weeks of DC

Page 4 of 6 First ... 23456 Last

1. Yeah you guys are right, my form is pretty flawless on bench press though lol. I'll stick to incline bench in the 11-15RP, guess I got caught up in tryin to push big weight. Thanks for the lookout fellas, reps coming.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

2. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Yeah you guys are right, my form is pretty flawless on bench press though lol. I'll stick to incline bench in the 11-15RP, guess I got caught up in tryin to push big weight. Thanks for the lookout fellas, reps coming.
    I feel ya. It is easy to get caught up. I got roped into ME inclines last night with a PL buddy, and worked up to 300 x 1. So much for an off day. lol But there is a huge difference sitting around for a few min between sets, and 15 breaths.heh

If you like flat BB, and have good PL style form, go for it, just bump the rep range a bit. If you dropped to 225 and got say 25RP, and started adding 10lb each time you hit that, fighting to keep reps up, before you know it you are at 275 x 20rp.

What I do sometimes if I am feeling like you, is near the end of a blast I will do an ME day, and push some heavy singles, then jump into a cruise.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds View Post
    I feel ya. It is easy to get caught up. I got roped into ME inclines last night with a PL buddy, and worked up to 300 x 1. So much for an off day. lol But there is a huge difference sitting around for a few min between sets, and 15 breaths.heh

If you like flat BB, and have good PL style form, go for it, just bump the rep range a bit. If you dropped to 225 and got say 25RP, and started adding 10lb each time you hit that, fighting to keep reps up, before you know it you are at 275 x 20rp.

What I do sometimes if I am feeling like you, is near the end of a blast I will do an ME day, and push some heavy singles, then jump into a cruise.
    So you would do the ME day during the blast? Also, would you max on everything (for instance, max bench movement and max shoulder press), or just do one or the other? I ask since of course benching will tax your shoulders sufficiently to make a difference moving heavy weight for shoulder press.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia View Post
    So you would do the ME day during the blast? Also, would you max on everything (for instance, max bench movement and max shoulder press), or just do one or the other? I ask since of course benching will tax your shoulders sufficiently to make a difference moving heavy weight for shoulder press.
    No, I would just do it to end the blast, and I don't always do it. No way I could handle much in the way of added work with DC.

I don't have a set routine that I do for ME. Sometimes I will just go in when I know I am about to cruise and test a few lifts, then cruise. I kind of play that by feel, and err on the side of safety.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds View Post
    No, I would just do it to end the blast, and I don't always do it. No way I could handle much in the way of added work with DC.

I don't have a set routine that I do for ME. Sometimes I will just go in when I know I am about to cruise and test a few lifts, then cruise. I kind of play that by feel, and err on the side of safety.
    Gotcha, thanks.

Lifts looking good, Distilled. Always following here.
    •   

6. Working some OT today so I'll update tomorrow, beat incline BB bench rep range with 275 today, pretty jacked about that!

7. I can't seem to find my workout log book, not good! Weight didnt really budge this week but I wasn't eating all my meals, having that stomach bug kinda messed me up a little. Im fine now just gotta keep eating

8. I worked out Monday but haven't had a full workout since, some family issues have come up but everything seems to be ok now. I'll be back in the gym tomorrow

9. back on it today, about to go train. Have 10 eggs and 1 cup of oatmeal in my belly and ready to pump. Weight is down a few lbs, figured it would be. Ive actually been eating more, this Insanly Good Food has me more and more hungry

10. Pre-Pump this morning
    Attached Images Attached Images  

11. Decided to hit workout C3 yesterday, will start A1 monday.

You guys have any recommendations for Pre-workout? Right now I drink an ABB N.O. pumped Speed Stack with added creating mono(5gr) and taurine( 3.6gr).

I know beta-alanine is supposed to be so great but I just hate how it makes me feel, that and 1,3DIM or whatever the hell it's called. I've pushed through the feeling for a long time but blah, don't wan it anymore.

12. Try litup there's no 1,3dim in it. I think cryoshock doesn't have 1,3 either. I too am over the 1,3 prework outs
    IFORCE INTIMIDATE SPONSORED LOG
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/188517-intimidate-u-ready.html#post3123054

13. Lit up is very solid. I also actually like SuperSize by AX and Craze is another good choice as well. I have cycled thru all 3 with excellent workouts.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

14. Thanks fellas, I'll look into them. I just bought a case of the ABB drinks so I'll be good for a while, give me plenty of time to research and maybe pimp some samples from board reps lol

15. Decided to back calories down a little. Going to run at about 3,500~3,750 400p/300c/100f. I'm going to sub the up your mass shakes with Beverly Int Mass Maker+Muscle Provider shake twice a day. Better quality protein (IMO) and a half the carbs and tastes great!

Im also going to start cardio on off days, just some Low Intensity treadmill in the AM, probably 30min. Put on my dress pants today and they were a little snug in my waste (been about 10weeks since I've wore those particular ones)

16. Great workout today!!!

Workout A1

Flat BB Bench
    225: 22x6x2
    20-30RP

Hammer shoulder Press
    240: 10x4x3
    11-15RP

Skull Crushers
    115: 12x6x4
    28RP

Wide Grip Pull Ups
    BW: 16x6x4
    15-20RP

Hammer Iso Row
    280x12 SS
    370x8 SS

couldn't use 110 for skull crushers bc I guess my gym doesn't have 2.5lbs weights and someone was hogging the 110 BB. I didn't use weight for pull ups bc well I'm too short to grab the weight with my feet and i just feel awkward doing it that way. Plus there's no weight belt. I've been looking to buy one so should fix that.

17. Workout B1

BB curl
    100: 12x5x3

DB Hammer Curl
    55:18 SS

seated Calve raise

Seated Leg Curl
    130: 12x6x3

BB Squat
    425x15 SS
    385x20 SS

Annnnnd I've thrown up 3 times since I finished legs. One real one, two other gage throw up in mouth. Fuuuuck, I see why terds don't wanna squat.

Why wouldn't I throw up? Gotta keep the streak alive!!!!! fml

18. Strong squat!

19. Nice leg work bubba! Yaking on leg days is a given. Lol
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

20. Thanks fellas, if I can get a training partner. I'll try and get a video of squats. Speaking of which, DC leg day has me so freakin tired. Still have 5 more hours of work and I could go to bed now!!!!

21. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Thanks fellas, if I can get a training partner. I'll try and get a video of squats. Speaking of which, DC leg day has me so freakin tired. Still have 5 more hours of work and I could go to bed now!!!!
    I'm about to cruise after today because I just can't do another widowmaker on the bb squats. I completely failed last time and did 10, tonight did 15 and decided it's time to cruise lol. Anyways, really good work killing it with those!

22. Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia
    I'm about to cruise after today because I just can't do another widowmaker on the bb squats. I completely failed last time and did 10, tonight did 15 and decided it's time to cruise lol. Anyways, really good work killing it with those!
    Haha yeah man it's intense. My legs are toast today, gonna suck waking around at work. I feel like I could sleep all day too, Ohhh the life of DC

23. Those squats are to parallel and everything? Yikes. I dont even like to squat more then 5 reps with how tight I get lol

24. Lit-up has beta-alanine in it. Ive been meaning to try supersize for awhile. Craze is crazy strong tho.

25. subb'd

I'm contemplating starting a powerbuilding routine like DC in the spring, so I'm definitely interested in this log.

Quick question though, and I hope I don't sound stupid, but can you decipher the stats format here for me?

Flat BB Bench
    195: 24x7x3=34 RP

I get the 195pnds, and 34 rest pause? but 24x7 to me means 27 reps x 7 sets, so what is the 3 for and how does it equal 34 rest pause reps. I know I have a lot of reading on DC to do, so - sorry for the question hehe, noob to DC here.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-11-2011, 10:55 AM
  2. Testopro/Stoked Short Question (4 weeks or 8 weeks)
    By fireblade187 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-12-2010, 01:16 PM
  3. 25mg ATD for 3 weeks + DTH(diesal test hardcore) for 8 weeks
    By akaswolebd in forum Get Diesel Nutrition
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-22-2008, 09:53 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-09-2008, 02:04 PM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-08-2005, 02:20 AM