16 weeks of DC

Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds

Honestly, for real detls/upper back I have been adding in some direct work 2x a week at the end of my workout. Just like 3 sets of 10-12. Something like face pulls, inverted rows, etc. Just trying to squeeze the **** out out of them, not worried about going super heavy. I feel like the upper back can take a tremendous work load, and a little added work, hasn't posed any recovery issues "for me". With DC I don't really like adding too much, but this has not been a problem at all.

The mid IMO should get blasted pretty hard from all the pressing.

You ever done standing DB strict over head press, or Reg Park press(same thing but with a hammer grip)?
    Nope sure haven't. On DB and Hammer Machine presses my mid is toast.

I'll keep that in mind. I'm going to go another 6 weeks on this blast then I'll cruise for maybe 4 weeks and try out some of these exercises and think about rotating them into the following blast.

Thanks for all the input bro, much appreciated.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

2. Got pics, will post Friday.
    •   

3. The same way you did this one. When you put the first image in, just hit select more images before you hit upload. You used the image icon in the tool bar right?
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

4. Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF
    The same way you did this one. When you put the first image in, just hit select more images before you hit upload. You used the image icon in the tool bar right?
    I use my phone, it's an iPhone of that means anything haha

5. You can use the photobucket app, upload them, and then just use the [IMG] tag in a post and it will show up.

From that angle it doesn't look like they are lagging all that much. You don't want to have my problem and have them take over your chest..ahah
    •   

6. 219 in morning 1/09/2012

Name:  untitled5.bmp
Views: 71
Size:  62.8 KBName:  untitled1.bmp
Views: 77
Size:  69.6 KBName:  untitled2.bmp
Views: 69
Size:  66.5 KBName:  untitled3.bmp
Views: 73
Size:  52.2 KBName:  untitled4.bmp
Views: 69
Size:  68.6 KB

7. Something may seriously be wrong with me. I've had a sharpe pain in my left abdominal region since yesterday. Anytime I eat or drink it gets worse, I'm going to call the doctor tomorrow and set up an appointment. Bc of this I haven't really eaten much, got 4 meals in yesterday and today, just a PB&J.

8. Appendix?
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

9. Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF
    Appendix?
    Nah, wrong side

10. Workout A1

Flat BB Bench
    275: 8x2x1
    11-15RP

Hammer Iso-Overhead Press
    230: 12x4x2
    11-15RP

Straight Bar Skull Crushers
    110: 13x4x2
    15-20RP

Im going heavy for this blast so I will break it up into an A,B, & C. My recovery isn't the greatest so this should work out well, has for me in the past. Notice I went to 11-15RP on Flat Bench, I want to push heavy weight this time!

Weight this morning was 223.7 at the gym! I would love to be 225 by friday, time to eat up and sqeeuze out these last few days of sweet juice

11. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water
    Workout A1

Flat BB Bench
    275: 8x2x1
    11-15RP

Hammer Iso-Overhead Press
    230: 12x4x2
    11-15RP

Straight Bar Skull Crushers
    110: 13x4x2
    15-20RP

Im going heavy for this blast so I will break it up into an A,B, & C. My recovery isn't the greatest so this should work out well, has for me in the past. Notice I went to 11-15RP on Flat Bench, I want to push heavy weight this time!

Weight this morning was 223.7 at the gym! I would love to be 225 by friday, time to eat up and sqeeuze out these last few days of sweet juice
    you are tempting fate with that flat bb man. If you feel you HAVE to have flat bb in there keep the range up brotha. And stay tucked.Jmo

12. Quote Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds View Post
    you are tempting fate with that flat bb man. If you feel you HAVE to have flat bb in there keep the range up brotha. And stay tucked.Jmo
    Not if you actually know how to bench

13. Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    Not if you actually know how to bench
    Even still it is risky being rest paused in that fashion.

Knowing how to bench(elbows tucked) is for sure the way to do it, but I would still keep the rep range up. You are effectively going for a 1rm on that last rep.

14. Quote Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds View Post
    Even still it is risky being rest paused in that fashion.

Knowing how to bench(elbows tucked) is for sure the way to do it, but I would still keep the rep range up. You are effectively going for a 1rm on that last rep.
    In the context of DC training I see your point. I hope he has a good spot and even better form bc things always go wrong when your fatigued.

15. Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    In the context of DC training I see your point. I hope he has a good spot and even better form bc things always go wrong when your fatigued.
    Absolutely. DC/rest pausing that low in the RP range, is what I am referring too...

On that last set, with a single, after 15 breaths, that is sketchy.. You are on the fine line of failure, and one error in form(get lose in your upper back, flare your elbows, etc), and there goes your pec. It just isn't worth it. IMO

I would just bump it to 15-30RP if you feel you need to do flat bb, you are not losing much DW believe me. Not to mention you will progress better that way IMO. Coming from high in the rep range, down allows you to make faster progress. When you are already at the bottom of the rep range, it is hard to dig yourself out of that hole. When you work your way back up so you are doing 275 x 15-30rp you will have gained a **** ton of development.

Again JMO. I just want to make sure you stay safe my man!

16. Yeah you guys are right, my form is pretty flawless on bench press though lol. I'll stick to incline bench in the 11-15RP, guess I got caught up in tryin to push big weight. Thanks for the lookout fellas, reps coming.

17. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Yeah you guys are right, my form is pretty flawless on bench press though lol. I'll stick to incline bench in the 11-15RP, guess I got caught up in tryin to push big weight. Thanks for the lookout fellas, reps coming.
    I feel ya. It is easy to get caught up. I got roped into ME inclines last night with a PL buddy, and worked up to 300 x 1. So much for an off day. lol But there is a huge difference sitting around for a few min between sets, and 15 breaths.heh

If you like flat BB, and have good PL style form, go for it, just bump the rep range a bit. If you dropped to 225 and got say 25RP, and started adding 10lb each time you hit that, fighting to keep reps up, before you know it you are at 275 x 20rp.

What I do sometimes if I am feeling like you, is near the end of a blast I will do an ME day, and push some heavy singles, then jump into a cruise.

18. Quote Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds View Post
    I feel ya. It is easy to get caught up. I got roped into ME inclines last night with a PL buddy, and worked up to 300 x 1. So much for an off day. lol But there is a huge difference sitting around for a few min between sets, and 15 breaths.heh

If you like flat BB, and have good PL style form, go for it, just bump the rep range a bit. If you dropped to 225 and got say 25RP, and started adding 10lb each time you hit that, fighting to keep reps up, before you know it you are at 275 x 20rp.

What I do sometimes if I am feeling like you, is near the end of a blast I will do an ME day, and push some heavy singles, then jump into a cruise.
    So you would do the ME day during the blast? Also, would you max on everything (for instance, max bench movement and max shoulder press), or just do one or the other? I ask since of course benching will tax your shoulders sufficiently to make a difference moving heavy weight for shoulder press.

19. Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia View Post
    So you would do the ME day during the blast? Also, would you max on everything (for instance, max bench movement and max shoulder press), or just do one or the other? I ask since of course benching will tax your shoulders sufficiently to make a difference moving heavy weight for shoulder press.
    No, I would just do it to end the blast, and I don't always do it. No way I could handle much in the way of added work with DC.

I don't have a set routine that I do for ME. Sometimes I will just go in when I know I am about to cruise and test a few lifts, then cruise. I kind of play that by feel, and err on the side of safety.

20. Quote Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds View Post
    No, I would just do it to end the blast, and I don't always do it. No way I could handle much in the way of added work with DC.

I don't have a set routine that I do for ME. Sometimes I will just go in when I know I am about to cruise and test a few lifts, then cruise. I kind of play that by feel, and err on the side of safety.
    Gotcha, thanks.

Lifts looking good, Distilled. Always following here.

21. Working some OT today so I'll update tomorrow, beat incline BB bench rep range with 275 today, pretty jacked about that!

22. I can't seem to find my workout log book, not good! Weight didnt really budge this week but I wasn't eating all my meals, having that stomach bug kinda messed me up a little. Im fine now just gotta keep eating

23. I worked out Monday but haven't had a full workout since, some family issues have come up but everything seems to be ok now. I'll be back in the gym tomorrow

24. back on it today, about to go train. Have 10 eggs and 1 cup of oatmeal in my belly and ready to pump. Weight is down a few lbs, figured it would be. Ive actually been eating more, this Insanly Good Food has me more and more hungry

25. Pre-Pump this morning
    Attached Images Attached Images  

26. Decided to hit workout C3 yesterday, will start A1 monday.

You guys have any recommendations for Pre-workout? Right now I drink an ABB N.O. pumped Speed Stack with added creating mono(5gr) and taurine( 3.6gr).

I know beta-alanine is supposed to be so great but I just hate how it makes me feel, that and 1,3DIM or whatever the hell it's called. I've pushed through the feeling for a long time but blah, don't wan it anymore.

27. Try litup there's no 1,3dim in it. I think cryoshock doesn't have 1,3 either. I too am over the 1,3 prework outs
    IFORCE INTIMIDATE SPONSORED LOG
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/188517-intimidate-u-ready.html#post3123054

28. Lit up is very solid. I also actually like SuperSize by AX and Craze is another good choice as well. I have cycled thru all 3 with excellent workouts.

29. Thanks fellas, I'll look into them. I just bought a case of the ABB drinks so I'll be good for a while, give me plenty of time to research and maybe pimp some samples from board reps lol

30. Decided to back calories down a little. Going to run at about 3,500~3,750 400p/300c/100f. I'm going to sub the up your mass shakes with Beverly Int Mass Maker+Muscle Provider shake twice a day. Better quality protein (IMO) and a half the carbs and tastes great!

Im also going to start cardio on off days, just some Low Intensity treadmill in the AM, probably 30min. Put on my dress pants today and they were a little snug in my waste (been about 10weeks since I've wore those particular ones)
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-11-2011, 11:55 AM
  2. Testopro/Stoked Short Question (4 weeks or 8 weeks)
    By fireblade187 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-12-2010, 02:16 PM
  3. 25mg ATD for 3 weeks + DTH(diesal test hardcore) for 8 weeks
    By akaswolebd in forum Get Diesel Nutrition
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-22-2008, 10:53 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-09-2008, 03:04 PM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-08-2005, 03:20 AM