16 weeks of DC - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 3

16 weeks of DC

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
  1. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Working some OT today so I'll update tomorrow, beat incline BB bench rep range with 275 today, pretty jacked about that!
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

2. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I can't seem to find my workout log book, not good! Weight didnt really budge this week but I wasn't eating all my meals, having that stomach bug kinda messed me up a little. Im fine now just gotta keep eating
  3. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

I worked out Monday but haven't had a full workout since, some family issues have come up but everything seems to be ok now. I'll be back in the gym tomorrow
    •   

4. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

back on it today, about to go train. Have 10 eggs and 1 cup of oatmeal in my belly and ready to pump. Weight is down a few lbs, figured it would be. Ive actually been eating more, this Insanly Good Food has me more and more hungry
  5. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Pre-Pump this morning
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  6. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Decided to hit workout C3 yesterday, will start A1 monday.

You guys have any recommendations for Pre-workout? Right now I drink an ABB N.O. pumped Speed Stack with added creating mono(5gr) and taurine( 3.6gr).

I know beta-alanine is supposed to be so great but I just hate how it makes me feel, that and 1,3DIM or whatever the hell it's called. I've pushed through the feeling for a long time but blah, don't wan it anymore.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.

Try litup there's no 1,3dim in it. I think cryoshock doesn't have 1,3 either. I too am over the 1,3 prework outs
    IFORCE INTIMIDATE SPONSORED LOG
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/188517-intimidate-u-ready.html#post3123054
  8. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Lit up is very solid. I also actually like SuperSize by AX and Craze is another good choice as well. I have cycled thru all 3 with excellent workouts.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  9. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Thanks fellas, I'll look into them. I just bought a case of the ABB drinks so I'll be good for a while, give me plenty of time to research and maybe pimp some samples from board reps lol
  10. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Decided to back calories down a little. Going to run at about 3,500~3,750 400p/300c/100f. I'm going to sub the up your mass shakes with Beverly Int Mass Maker+Muscle Provider shake twice a day. Better quality protein (IMO) and a half the carbs and tastes great!

Im also going to start cardio on off days, just some Low Intensity treadmill in the AM, probably 30min. Put on my dress pants today and they were a little snug in my waste (been about 10weeks since I've wore those particular ones)
  11. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Great workout today!!!

Workout A1

Flat BB Bench
    225: 22x6x2
    20-30RP

Hammer shoulder Press
    240: 10x4x3
    11-15RP

Skull Crushers
    115: 12x6x4
    28RP

Wide Grip Pull Ups
    BW: 16x6x4
    15-20RP

Hammer Iso Row
    280x12 SS
    370x8 SS

couldn't use 110 for skull crushers bc I guess my gym doesn't have 2.5lbs weights and someone was hogging the 110 BB. I didn't use weight for pull ups bc well I'm too short to grab the weight with my feet and i just feel awkward doing it that way. Plus there's no weight belt. I've been looking to buy one so should fix that.
  12. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Workout B1

BB curl
    100: 12x5x3

DB Hammer Curl
    55:18 SS

seated Calve raise

Seated Leg Curl
    130: 12x6x3

BB Squat
    425x15 SS
    385x20 SS

Annnnnd I've thrown up 3 times since I finished legs. One real one, two other gage throw up in mouth. Fuuuuck, I see why terds don't wanna squat.

Why wouldn't I throw up? Gotta keep the streak alive!!!!! fml
  13. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Strong squat!
  14. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Nice leg work bubba! Yaking on leg days is a given. Lol
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  15. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Thanks fellas, if I can get a training partner. I'll try and get a video of squats. Speaking of which, DC leg day has me so freakin tired. Still have 5 more hours of work and I could go to bed now!!!!
  16. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Thanks fellas, if I can get a training partner. I'll try and get a video of squats. Speaking of which, DC leg day has me so freakin tired. Still have 5 more hours of work and I could go to bed now!!!!
    I'm about to cruise after today because I just can't do another widowmaker on the bb squats. I completely failed last time and did 10, tonight did 15 and decided it's time to cruise lol. Anyways, really good work killing it with those!
  17. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia
    I'm about to cruise after today because I just can't do another widowmaker on the bb squats. I completely failed last time and did 10, tonight did 15 and decided it's time to cruise lol. Anyways, really good work killing it with those!
    Haha yeah man it's intense. My legs are toast today, gonna suck waking around at work. I feel like I could sleep all day too, Ohhh the life of DC
  18. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.

Those squats are to parallel and everything? Yikes. I dont even like to squat more then 5 reps with how tight I get lol
  19. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.

Lit-up has beta-alanine in it. Ive been meaning to try supersize for awhile. Craze is crazy strong tho.
  20. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

subb'd

I'm contemplating starting a powerbuilding routine like DC in the spring, so I'm definitely interested in this log.

Quick question though, and I hope I don't sound stupid, but can you decipher the stats format here for me?

Flat BB Bench
    195: 24x7x3=34 RP

I get the 195pnds, and 34 rest pause? but 24x7 to me means 27 reps x 7 sets, so what is the 3 for and how does it equal 34 rest pause reps. I know I have a lot of reading on DC to do, so - sorry for the question hehe, noob to DC here.
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative
    www . millenniumsport . net
  21. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutterpump
    subb'd

I'm contemplating starting a powerbuilding routine like DC in the spring, so I'm definitely interested in this log.

Quick question though, and I hope I don't sound stupid, but can you decipher the stats format here for me?

Flat BB Bench
    195: 24x7x3=34 RP

I get the 195pnds, and 34 rest pause? but 24x7 to me means 27 reps x 7 sets, so what is the 3 for and how does it equal 34 rest pause reps. I know I have a lot of reading on DC to do, so - sorry for the question hehe, noob to DC here.
    No problem man, it's 34 total reps performed. It's 3 rest pause sets total. So each number is the number of reps in that rest pause set.

Initially 24 reps were done. Weight was racked and I took about a 15 second break (deep breathes) then performed 7 reps, racked the weight another 15 seconds and did the last set and got 3 reps.

Hope that helps. I actually started with DC as a building block for powerlifting, I'll cruise with some FST-7 training in between but nothing beats DC for strength IMO
  22. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

I may have messed up my shoulder tonight. It was a little tight then when I went to stretch for Back, it started to hurt. Fml

Incline BB Bench
    285: 10x3x1=14RP
    11-15RP

Overhead DB Press
    90: 14x6x3=23RP
    20-30RP

Rev Grip Bench
    235: 8x3x2=13RP
    11-15RP

Hammer Lat Pull Down
    300: 12x5x4=21RP

Then I stopped bc of my shoulder. I have the weekend to rest up and take care of it. This may be a little shorter blast than I thought, sad face
  23. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Also, post workout meal today. 2 scoops Trutein and 1 little Cesar's pizza and bag of crazy bread
  24. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

Hope the shoulder comes thru ok. Nice post workout meal!! Pizza Pizza
  25. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF
    Hope the shoulder comes thru ok. Nice post workout meal!! Pizza Pizza
    Yeah it feels pretty bad today, FUEURk!!!!!

There's a Little Caesars right next to the gym and I was too tired and didn't really feel like cooking. $5 for 150gr of protein :-D I love GFH season lol
  26. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Shoulder is a little better. Heat/Ice/ibuprofen routine again today. I lost a few lbs this past week, good amount was water from my face haha.

I can't find Mass Maker online for a decent price. So I'll stick with the Up Your Mass for a bit longer and drop the milk from them, my stomach is feeling a little messed up. Milk and y stomach don't get a long the greatest
  27. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Shoulder is a little better. Heat/Ice/ibuprofen routine again today. I lost a few lbs this past week, good amount was water from my face haha.

I can't find Mass Maker online for a decent price. So I'll stick with the Up Your Mass for a bit longer and drop the milk from them, my stomach is feeling a little messed up. Milk and y stomach don't get a long the greatest
    Sucks about the milk. But your story reminds me of how I was doing pop tarts throughout my bulk until recently, and I noticed in the last few weeks I felt like I had been gaining way more fat for no apparent reason. I dropped the pop tarts as of a week ago and dried up like a raisin in no time and looked so much better, haha. I guess we all have our little things that don't work with our bodies.

EDIT: I replaced calorie intake of pop tarts with honey, so it's not like this was all due to dropping cals.
  28. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Sucks about the milk. But your story reminds me of how I was doing pop tarts throughout my bulk until recently, and I noticed in the last few weeks I felt like I had been gaining way more fat for no apparent reason. I dropped the pop tarts as of a week ago and dried up like a raisin in no time and looked so much better, haha. I guess we all have our little things that don't work with our bodies.

EDIT: I replaced calorie intake of pop tarts with honey, so it's not like this was all due to dropping cals.
    Hahaha it's crazy isn't it! What kind of pop-tarts? While I bulk I'll grab a box of the cookies and cream every now and again or old school brown sugar cinnamon
  29. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water

Hahaha it's crazy isn't it! What kind of pop-tarts? While I bulk I'll grab a box of the cookies and cream every now and again or old school brown sugar cinnamon
    Sugar cookie poptarts ftw!
  30. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

Brown sugar cinnamon...arrgh
  31. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

All that talk of pop tarts made me have a carb day yesterday! At close to 800gr or so :-D & drank close to 2 gallons of water too which put my morning weight back to 222.8lbs!

In turn I had a great workout today and didn't throw up! I'll post numbers tomorrow
  32. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Workout B2

Hammer Machine Curl
    110: 8x4x2=14RP
    11-15RP

Reverse BB Curl
    80: 10x4x3=17RP
    15-20Rp

Calf Machine
    155x12

Lying Leg Curl
    155: 12x5x3=20RP
    15-20RP

V-Squat
    435x15
    405x20

I guess that carb up really helped on my leg movements, shoulder feels pretty great to day too. Still a little sore but hopefull one more day of Ibprofen and the ole ice/heat routine will get it readu for A3 tomorrow
  33. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.

Looking good, man. And to answer your question, I go for the strawberry poptarts. I used to dig the brown sugar/cinammon ones as a child but I can't stand stuff that's too sweet anymore.
  34. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Looking good, man. And to answer your question, I go for the strawberry poptarts. I used to dig the brown sugar/cinammon ones as a child but I can't stand stuff that's too sweet anymore.
    Ahhh yee ole Original. I like your style
  35. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

If I don't post for a while it's bc I'm in jail bc I killed my little brother, just so you guys don't worry bout what happened, you'll know......
  36. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

Don't like the sound of that!
  37. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Didn't have y workout log yesterday, my mind was aloof. It appears this will be my last week of DC, the 16 week ride is over. It was a good run my joints are really starting to bother me. I've been busting my ass at work this week which probably isn't helping much either.

This weekend ill try and go through to find beginning and ending weights/reps and my weight etc. I've lost some pounds since starting my new job but no too much. Thanks for everyone following along!
  38. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.

Alright dude. Let us know your final verdict on DC. You doing a log or anything on here when you go back to powerlifting?
  39. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Alright dude. Let us know your final verdict on DC. You doing a log or anything on here when you go back to powerlifting?
    I'm probably going to hit some FST-7 training after this with a heavy focus on legs and back thickness (my 7's set)
  40. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

To give you guys an idea of what I've been doing at work to add to this fatigue I've had these past few weeks. Thankfully the jobs over but my whole body is sore today, mainly my back/traps, shoulders, and biceps/forearms....

There were these 2'x2'4" steel plates that were probably a few inches thick & roughly 20lbs heavy i was working with. I had to take them off of a palate and load them onto a machine that was about 4 1/2' off the ground, form there i had to awkwardly fasten 4 points with a 3/8" allen wrench, two of which were at full extension. Then unfasten them, clean the part with the grinder and wash the part and load it onto another palate about 30' away. I was working about 55 of these parts a night on a 10hour shift and I'm gased!!!!!

I'll probably take next week off from lifting entirely, then onto the FST-7. I need a bit for my CNS to stabilize and give my joints a little break from the heavy lifting. Since my gym situation wasn't the same the entire time, I can't compare the same lifts but there are a few that stayed the same that we can easily measure. I'll use a rep max calculator for the BB Press and Squat. I dont know how accurate they are but it gives us a better idea of the strength increase.

Weight
    Week 1: 193lbs
    Week 16: 219lbs

Waist
    Week 1: 31+"
    Week 16: 33.5+"

Flat BB Bench
    Week 1: 300lbs
    Week 16: 370lbs

Incline BB Bench
    Week 1: 300lbs
    Week 16: 370lbs

DB Shoulder Press
    Week 1: 65lbs for 21reps
    Week 16: 100lbs for 15reps

BB Row
    Week 1: 185x12 & 225x8
    Week 16: 235x12 & 250x8

Straight BB Curl
    Week 1: 65lbs for 15 reps
    Week 16: 100lbs for 12reps

Close Grip Bench
    Week 1: 185lbs for 10 reps
    Week 16: 235lbs for 10 reps

BB Squat
    Week 1: 560lbs
    Week 16: 640lbs

Something I just noticed, things in the beginning of the workouts (bench/curls) saw much greater gains then those at the end (Rows/Squats).

Well there you have it. This is the strongest I've ever been, probably the best shape:weight:strength I've been in. (I've weighed more but BF% was higher)I did the best I could with eating and my new job, I think I feel into a trap of trying to eat clean and couldn't get enough calories in here these past few weeks, a lot of added stress/calorie burning didn't help come to a close. Paired with losing a training partner for the 2nd half of the DC cycle didn't help things much either.

Id love to see another training style that can r-i-v-a-l these type of strength and size gains. I'm still looking for it, like I stated earlier I'll be giving FST-7 training a run, probably an 8 week total run, I think thats what Hany suggests. I have his huge article in Flex about the " 38 week off-season FST-7 plan" or whatever it is. It appears to work well with a lot of guys so we'll see.

I'll be doing it with DAA and GHRP/CJC combo and a good amount of carbs, like he suggests, still need to find a good pump pre-workout I guess. Looks like i'll bit the bullet and pick up some Hemovol and give it a try with a little caffiene.

SHEW, thats a lot! haha any questions shoot!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-11-2011, 09:55 AM
  2. Testopro/Stoked Short Question (4 weeks or 8 weeks)
    By fireblade187 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-12-2010, 12:16 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-09-2008, 01:04 PM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-08-2005, 01:20 AM