PUNTHRA IS BACK ON AM AND READY TO THROW SOME WEIGHTS AROUND!!!

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Well, after a several month hiatus i've come back to my favourite board to begin a training log again. Had to take some time off to deal with family stuff and allow myself to get in a better head space mentally. I've been training fairly regularly but took some time off due to being busy. I ran a 4 week run of Taurus Nutritions 50HP which i'd definitely due again if i was cutting but not on a bulk. My bodyweight is sitting at around 230 with the cardio i've been doing and not being into the weights all that hardcore. I'll be running a 4 day split with alternating A and B workouts to allow shock but also to keep everthing fresh. The only supplements i will be using for now are Whey protein and a multivitamin. The goal in mind for this program is begin to get my body back up to the 240lbs that i know. Bye Bye HIT cardio...HELLO BULK!!!!!

Will update the alternating training program later today....Also will briefly outline my eating protocol. Any suggestions are appreciated!

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Heres what the program is going to look like....

BACK / TRAPS A

Deadlifts
Wide Grip Chinups
Old School T-Bar Rows
Wide Grip Cable Rows
Unilateral Cable Pullovers

BACK / TRAPS B

Dumbbell Pullovers
Wide Grip Hammer Strength Pulldowns
Reverse Grip Pulldowns
Barbell Rows
Barbell Shrugs

SHOULDERS / TRICEPS A

Barbell Military Presses
Dumbbell Laterals
Incline Dumbbell Rear Laterals
Front Dumbbell Raises
Grasso Tricep Pressdowns
One Arm Dumbbell Extensions

SHOULDERS / TRICEPS B

Floor Presses
Olympic Bar Skullcrushers
Dumbbell Upright Rows
Machine Rear Laterals
Cable Laterals
Alternating Dumbbell Presses

LEGS A

Barbell Squats
Hack Squats
Stepups
One Leg Press
Lying Leg Curls

LEGS B

Front Squats
Leg Press
Reverse Hack Squats
Leg Extensions
Stiff Leg Deadlifts

CHEST / BICEPS A

Incline Barbell Presses
Weighted Dips
Flat Dumbbell Flyes
Cable Crossovers
Hammer Curls
Cambered Bar Preacher Curls

CHEST / BICEPS B

Flat Dumbbell Presses
Incline Hammer Strength Presses
Decline Barbell Presses
Incline Cable Flyes
Barbell Curls
Rope Hammer Curls

*** calves and abs are just boring and monotonous so i`m not bothering to write them down

An Idea of a typical day for me diet wise....

Breakfast:
4 Whole Eggs
2 Slices Multigrain Toast
1 Banana
4 slices Turkey Bacon
Glass of Skim Milk

Snack (Pre-workout):
Oatmeal
500ml milk
32grams protein powder

Snack (Post Workout):
Protein Shake with some sort of a fast acting carb

Lunch:
Chicken Burger (Whole Wheat Kaiser Bun)
Raw Veggies ie carrots, snap peas
Almonds

Dinner:
Steak
Prawns
Brown Rice
Veggies

Snack:
32 grams of protein powder
500ml of milk

*** Water is drank throughout the day....I do not drink pop or juice really, only milk, water and occasionally beer

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Training will begin tomorrow...Will update in the afternoon.

dunhill225

dunhill225

Awards
Good luck bro.

Just wondering what you are looking at for your split and sets? When you list A&B are you alternating within a week or is that A one week and B the next? You hitting each body part once or twice a week? I'm sure it will be obvious once you start getting the work outs posted but just curious bro.

Again man, best of luck to you.

Edit: (oops)

Just re-read your 1st post and paid attention this time...lol... I got your split man... Just wondering what you are looking at for sets?

Again, good luck.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm in... SUB'd Fo-Shizzle Bro! I am very happy things are going well for you Bro, Good Stuff!

emekajokammor

emekajokammor

Awards
Hope it went well today...

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for following along guys! As far as sets and reps, i kind of go by how i'm feeling that day.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey... Dunhill asked the question of how you are going to split your body parts up from A & B, and he seems to have found his answer, but I didn't see the answer anywhere and I read that thing like 3 x's, do you plan on working A workout one week, then B the next? or hitting every body part 2 x's per week using A & B each week?

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
A workouts one week and B workouts the other....I can't recover fast enough to hit everything twice a week.

Here's today's back workout....

DEADLIFTS
135x5
225x5
315x5
365x5
405x5 (Not a bad start to the program if i do say so myself)

WIDE GRIP CHINUPS
BW x8
BW+10 x8
BW+20 x6

OLD SCHOOL T-BAR ROWS (Weight doesn't include the bar or V-Handle0
135x10
180x10
225x10

WIDE GRIP CABLE ROWS
180x10
220x8
260x6 (I'll be back up to the stack in no time!!!!)

UNILATERAL CABLE PULLOVERS (Weight is per side, not total)
60x10
70x10
80x8

NOTES:
- feels weird not using any supps right now but what a damn good workout
- great intensity through this workout...In and out in under an hour.
- Targeted 240-245 as my weight goal while still maintaining some semblance of abs
- forgot to mention i'm strictly a free agent right now as i'm not sure where i stand with AI due to my absence. I would however like to thank them for all their help and patience through everything in the last year or so.

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Here's today's workout...

SHOULDERS / TRICEPS

BARBELL MILITARY PRESS
135x8
185x8
235x6

Dumbbell Laterals
35x8
40x8
45x6 w/ drop 20x15

20x10
25x8
30x6

Front Dumbbell Raises
30x10
35x10
40x8

Grasso Pressdowns
175x10
205x8
235x6

30x10
40x10
50x8

Notes:
- fairly good workout but i feel like i'm battling a bit of a cold, i'm sure the numbers will be better in a week or two
- finding it really weird to train with just the basics for supps
- tomorrow is a day of and then back in to train legs on saturday...Chest and Biceps on sunday...
- feels good to be able to focus on training again which means i'm in the right frame of mind to get results

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In for this! Lifts looking beastly brosef

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Haven't received anything in a couple of months and i haven't honestly following anything bodybuilding related in a while, as well as not being on the board for a while. I'm just getting back into training with full time dedication. Highly motivated to get some things done this winter.

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Legs and core will be done today @ 11. Will update this afternoon.

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
I went with workout B today for legs, as my back was a tad tight from falling asleep on the couch. My wife didn`t want to wake me so she just went to bed.

LEGS

Leg Press
200x10
400x10
600x10
800x10
1000x10

Front Squats
135x5
205x5
275x5

Reverse Hack Squats
180x10
270x10
360x10

One Leg Extensions (Decided to do these instead of the two leg version so i could get some quad isolation)
105x10
120x10
135x10

Stiff Leg Deadlifts
135x10
185x10
235x8

NOTES:
- not bad for my first real hardcore legs workout in a bit...Pace was good, took about an hour and fifteen minutes to finish due to core being added in
- really have the fire in me to train, i think the fresh new training partner is helping that...The other reason i can tell the fire is back is because i couldn`t wait to get home to share how my training went....Bring on the big ass numbers!
-chest and biceps tomorrow!

dunhill225

dunhill225

Awards
Glad to hear you got that "feeling". I got it back the last so many workouts and it just is a great feeling when ya hit the gym and its not "if" your numbers will go up but instead its BY HOW MUCH!
Sorry if I missed it but are you back from an injury (that's my deal) or just back from time off? I know you said family stuff and getting stuff straight but just wondering if any part was injury related. Guess it don't matter but yea man.... That "how much am I going up today?" Feeling is great bro. Keep at it and keep it updated bro.

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
No i'm not coming off any injuries....Just been dealing with my wife's autoimmune disease and spending time with mom now that she beat breast cancer. Missed yesterday's training session due to feeling ran down but will make it up this afternoon. Thanks for following along!

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Thanks man...Just kind of getting back into the swing of things again.

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
All i'm going to say about this workout is....Apparently i missed pre-workout mix!

CHEST / BICEPS

Incline Barbell Presses
135x10
205x8
255x6
295x4 (Thought i needed a spot on this but i managed to bang through it on my own!)

Weighted Dips
BW+60 x8
BW+80 x8
BW+100 x6
BW+120 x3 (Fell short on reps but it felt damn good to get some reps with that much hanging off me!!!)
BW x15

Flat Dumbbell Flyes
50x10
70x10
80x10
90x8

Hammer Curls
50x10
60x8
70x6
80x4

Cambered Bar Preacher Curls
70x10
90x8 (Pump was painful after this set!!)
50x20

Cable Crossovers
60x10
70x10
80x10
90x10

*Workout took an hour and 5 minutes

NOTES:
- time to go out buy some preworkout!
- felt damn strong today so i just went for it on most exercises
- tomorrow is a day off then back on wednesday and shoulders / triceps on thursday
- feeling pretty confident that the new program is going to reap some benefits

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Back today....Will post numbers later!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
damn what are you on test, deca and dbol bring that its legal in the Uk....lol strong as a bull Jason

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Thanks John...It's so nice to be back and focused on the weights / diet again!

Here's Back today....

BACK / TRAPS

Dumbbell Pullovers
100x10
120x10
140x10

Wide Grip Hammer Strength Pulldowns
180x10
270x10
320x10
370x7

Reverse Grip Cable Pulldowns
200x10
240x8
280x6

Barbell Rows
200x8
230x8
260x6 (Not bad, considering i was this deep into my workout.)

Barbell Shrugs (Done with a lean and my chin tucked to force my whole trapezius to work versus just the top)
135x10
225x10
315x10
405x8

Cable Pullovers (Added this in as i wanted just a little more isolation on the lats)
135x10
150x10
165x10

NOTES:
- good workout but could have pushed myself a touch more
- really enjoying having different back workouts which emphasize width or thickness
- triceps and shoulders tomorrow...

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Here's yesterdays triceps and shoulders workout....

TRICEPS / SHOULDERS

Floor Presses
135x5
205x5
255x5
305x4 (Fell short but this is a great start for this exercise)
225x15

Olympic Bar Skullcrusher (HOLY CRAP!!! Thes are way tougher than the regular version!)
95x8
115x8
125x6

Dumbbell Upright Rows
40x10
55x8
70x6

Machine Rear Laterals
175x10
205x8
235x5
145x15

Alternating Dumbbell Military Press
60x10
65x8
70x6 (I had to grind this out as my delts and tris were already cooked)

Cable Laterals
50x10
40x10
30x12

NOTES:
- strength was pretty good but i've definitely got some room for improvement
- great pace on this workout, done in 45 minutes
- training legs tomorrow
- been reading a bit about pulsing PH's and thinking about a run here in the up coming months. First i want to get my strength / weight up to snuff and then it's time for a much more thorough run then ever before.

dunhill225

dunhill225

Awards
Just wondering.... Are tris a priority? Just seemed odd to me that you would do tris before you do presses for delts. I understand if delts are a stronger body part for you than tris .... So I guess I'm just wondering if that's the reason.

Peace.

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
I alternate back and forth week to week to allow each one to get some prioritization. And yes, i want more thickness to my tris...

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Well, had another kick ass workout today....Also found out my training partner has a video recorder so the vids will start coming along with some pics to show where i`m at. Here`s Legs....

LEGS

Barbell Squats
135x8
185x8
235x8
285x8
335x8 (Could go heavier but i`m still allowing my lower back to adjust to heavy poundages again)

Bench Stepups
40x8
60x8
80x6 (I was rubber legging hardcore on this)

Hammer Strength Hack Squats (God i miss the old hack sled...Shiny and new is not always better!)
230x10
320x10
410x10

One Leg Presses
180x10
270x10
360x8

Lying Hamstring Curls
60x10
80x10
100x8

NOTES:
- legs are thrashed!
- pumped to train chest and biceps tomorrow

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
CHEST / BICEPS

Flat Dumbbell Presses
100x8
110x8
120x8

Incline Barbell Presses
180x10
230x10
280x8
330x6

Barbell Curls
95x5
115x5
135x5
105x15

Decline Barbell Presses
135x10
205x10
255x8
305x6

Incline Cable Curls sup/ Rope Hammer Curls
50x10 & 120x10
70x10 & 135x8
90x8 & 150x6
40x20 & 90x20

NOTES:
- great pace to the workout
- strength remained steady throughout the workout which was great
- very happy with the training right now given that i'm supplement free right now
- watching some of the old vids has given me some targets for my training and i also have a goal of 245 by the end of january (Leaner than last time with more muscle)

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Update: My chest is not all that sore today but my hamstrings and glutes are killing me...Sitting to crap is painful....LOL!!! Begin cycle 2 of week A this week. Back on wednesday and shoulders / triceps on thursday. Having a pretty good day today, just put my two weeks notice in at my job cause i start a better paying one here soon....the bonus is that i'll clients to train on side as well (Love personal training!). Things are definitely looking up!

dunhill225

dunhill225

Awards
Good for you bro. I feel ya on training people... Nothing I enjoy more. After our wedding the misses to be and I are gonna be opening a small studio so I can actually make good money doing it....instead of fitting clients in on the side.

Best of luck at the new job man.

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Here's how back went today...All my numbers were beat! I love getting back into the swing of things!

BACK

Deadlifts
155x5
245x5
335x5
425x5 (Up 20lbs from two weeks ago...BooYa!)

Wide Grip Chinups
BW x8
BW+15 x8
BW+25 x6

Old School T-Bar Rows
145x10
190x10
235x10

Seated Wide Grip Rows
190x10
230x8
270x6

Unilateral Cable Pullovers
60x10
70x10
80x10

Total Workout Time: 1hour

NOTES:
- strength is continuing to improve steadily, which means size gains are not usually far behind for me
- need to do a better warmup before my workout, as i found i didn't hit my stride until midway through the second exercise
- shoulders and triceps tomorrow...Gonna smash those numbers as well!

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like your videos Bro, very beastly, I just can't lift that heavy anymore, too afraid of injuries, I'll leave that to you Younger Fellers!!!

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
It's what works best for me right now...Eventually i'll have to adapt my training as my body tells me. For now i've got some numbers i want to beat and some improvements to my physique i want to make. Eating is back on track right now and i'm seeing improvements without really using any supplements right now. Fingers are crossed that i can keep this going for a bit....

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's what works best for me right now...Eventually i'll have to adapt my training as my body tells me. For now i've got some numbers i want to beat and some improvements to my physique i want to make. Eating is back on track right now and i'm seeing improvements without really using any supplements right now. Fingers are crossed that i can keep this going for a bit....
Hey. Just thought I'd drop in to let you know I'm following man.
Bulk season is here lol. Time to grow them muscles and get hyoooge!

Interesting split. Good work too. Man I wanna pull some 425 deads for 5.

Keep killing it man!

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Lower back is cooked today...Hope to get a vid or two up later today! Gonna kill shoulders today!

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
No luck on the vids, as it was a little to busy at the gym today....

SHOULDERS / TRICEPS

Barbell Military Presses
145x8
195x8
245x6

Dumbbell Laterals
35x8
40x8
45x8
50x6

25x10
30x8
35x6

Front Dumbbell Raises
45x8
40x10
35x10

Grasso Pressdowns
175x10
205x10
235x8 (Had to struggle for the extra two reps but i got it! Will move up next time) w/ drop 115x15

35x10
40x10
45x10
50x8 (Did a few more sets here to burn the triceps out a bit more)

NOTES:
- will get the camera in on saturday, as it is usually quieter. Leg training is usually fun to watch anyways...
- great workout today. the triceps seem to be especially fried today
- almost all my lifts were up today, which continues to make me very happy
- once i start the new job i think it's time to start thinking about a good bulk stack to run, either hormonal or non-hormonal. Thoughts and suggestions are always appreciated.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm not knocking it Bro, even a little jealous because I used to really enjoy it when I would hit a PR and throw up some POUNDAGE, but it is what it is and now I am in just as good of shape, but moving in a different direction, all about working with what you got and making the best of it and you are doing a fantastic job with that Bro, Props, BIGTIME!!!

Definitely up for some current VIDs, you make them and post them and I can promise, I will watch them!!!

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Vid on saturday! Hopefully some squats and some other fun stuff.

emekajokammor

emekajokammor

Awards
punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Vids will be up in the next day or so, just need my buddy to upload it onto youtube. Got some vids of front squats, reverse hacksquats, and some weighted situps. Killer workout overall!

LEGS

Leg Press
400x10
600x10
800x10
1000x10
1090x8

Front Squats
145x5
215x5
285x5 *vid
315x3 *vid

Reverse Hack Squats
270x10
360x10
450x8 *vid

One Leg Extensions
120x10
135x10
150x8

Stiff Leg Deadlifts
185x8
235x8
285x6

Weighted Situps
115x5
125x5
135x5

Hyperextension Situps
BW x12
BW x12
BW x12

NOTES:
- great workout today and i absolutely destroyed my legs today! Can't wait to get the videos up...
- new training partner has definitely been a great addition, fresh energy and a never say die attitude!
- going to front squat earlier this time and then leg press with some even higher reps to trash the quads next run through
- pumped for chest and biceps and my bad ass cheat meal tonight! No booze for this guy, just lots of appies and horror movies this year!
- hopefully get some vids from tomorrows workout as well!

emekajokammor

emekajokammor

Awards
One hella of a day bro! Solid work!

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Thanks...Vids should be up tonight but i won't be able to get any vids for chest today as i have to go it alone. Training partner has to work and i really need to get this workout done today.

dunhill225

dunhill225

Awards
Thanks...Vids should be up tonight but i won't be able to get any vids for chest today as i have to go it alone. Training partner has to work and i really need to get this workout done today.
That's why I use an old "flip" most of the time. They have a wide base and I just sit it on anything near by with a decent angle... Don't ALWAYS work cause I tried to tape my rows the other day and had the angle off so all I got was a vid of my ass sitting on the bench...lol... I would get a new high deff one but they made them thinner so they don't stand up as well. Anyway.... Keep kicking ass in the gym and get more of it on tape. Good work man.
Peace.

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Thanks man...Training went good this morning but had to back off on weight due to no spot. There was literally no one in there! Pace was great and a few numbers were beat.

CHEST / BICEPS

Incline Barbell Presses
135x5
185x5
235x5
285x5 (Felt strong on this, but with no spot i had to back off)
205x15

Weighted Dips
BW+65 x8
BW+85 x8
BW+105 x7

Flat Dumbbell Flyes
70x10
85x9 (Chest gassed out!)
55x15 (Very tight pump)

Hammer Curls
55x10
65x8
75x6
85x4

Hammer Strength Preacher Curls (Did feel like cambered bar curls today)
45x10
55x8
65x6
35x15

Cable Crossovers
80x10
90x10
100x8 w/ Superset Low Cable Crossovers 35x15 (Great way to fry my chest out at the end)

NOTES:
- good pace to the workout but wished i had a spot so i could push it a bit
- pump was really good again this workout as i borrowed some of my buddies pre-WO on friday, so i could use for the next few workouts
- legs are thoroughly beat up today

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice work man! You are one strong SOB. Insane weight on incline bro!

Looking forward to the vids ;)

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Today's FINAFLEX Trivia is....

NOW!

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/168461-redefine-nutriton-weightlifting-51.html#post3068467