Bruno Transforms with Help from Muscle Pharm's Arsenal

cbruno924

cbruno924

Awards
Hello Anabolic Minds,

Let's start off with an introduction. My name is Chris Bruno and I'm here to get some accountability and motivation from the great members of this board while I transform my body! I will log my workouts, diet, and supplementation used while I do this. The log will run between 45-60 days with the hopes that by the end of that, I WILL have succeeded. I will be adhering to a healthy diet as my foundation, along with several Muscle Pharm products, and a straightforward training schedule.

Short-Term Goal (45-60 Days):

My short-term goal is to gain more physical energy and mental motivation while packing on as much muscle as possible. Bigger, Stronger, Leaner!!!
1. Gain 10-15lbs+ majority being muscle.
2. Cut 2-4% bodyfat.

Long-Term Goal (180+ Days)

In the long run though, I'd like to eventually slim down extra bodyfat to the 8-9% range and develop a 6-pack while maintaining a muscular figure. For now my diet is geared more towards clean gaining, not slimming.

Beginning Stats:

Ethnicity: Italian/Irish (As Caucasian as they come)
Blood Type: O
Height: 6' 4"
Weight: 195
Bodyfat: 16-18% (Anyone have suggestions on more accurate means of measurement? I can never get consistent self measurement results on my abdominal region with the calipers.)

Beginning Measurements:
Neck: 15"
Upper Arms (Biceps): 13"
Forearms: 11"
Chest: 38 1/4"
Waist: 36 1/2"
Hips: 39 1/4"
Thighs: 23 1/2"
Calfs: 14 1/2"
Privates: Just kidding.

Sense of Humor: Yes

Current Short/Long Term Conditions:

Physical State: 6/10;

1. Fully (ish) recovered from miniscal tear from December of 2010 and subsequent surgery on the 23rd of July, 2011. Strength is still not fully recovered but range of motion and flexibility are completely restored. I haven't been able to perform a squat or deadlift up until 2 months ago. Weights will be increased gradually or as comfort level increases.

2. Minor Back Pains possibly due to sleep issues or bad posture.

3. Occasional joint pains or discomfort in hip flexor and knee joints.

4. If you count being physically weak a condition, then it belongs here.

Sleep: 4/10;

1. Many issues maintaining regular sleep schedule as well as falling asleep/ waking up. Will not be using any medication to improve sleep as I'd like to see for my own personal sake if physical activity/supplementation plays a significant role in being able to sleep. However, Muscle Pharm's Bullet Proof will be used since it claims to help improve sleep quality and recovery. I'm typically a non-responder to these types of supplements so we'll see.

Confidence 6/10;

1. I am very good at projecting outward confidence in social settings, but lacking in actual self-confidence. My hope is that a renewed physical well being will bring about a change in this.

Motivation: 6/10;

1. My motivation some days will be great, other days it is just awful. I believe some accountability and friendly motivation will go a long way in improving this.

Next two posts will explain diet, supplements, and workout regimen.

cbruno924

cbruno924

Awards
DIET

Diet is the most essential aspect of everything I am doing here.

Throughout the log I will include a general summary of food and drink that is consumed and a breakdown of macronutrients. My main reason for wanting to include this is so that if I'm feeling off that day, I can typically trace it back to food or meal timing and find a reason for it.

Grocery List: Think of this as a list of foods that I can and will consume. Water will be consumed the most with others just being occasional.This is a very accurate breakdown of what I will eat in any given month. Its been taken from my daily food logs over the course of 3 months and consolidated here with the only exception being the New Muscle Pharm protein powder. Once again, any suggestions or ideas are appreciated.

Liquids:

Water
Lactaid Low Fat Milk
Omega 3 Fortified Milk
Carrot Juice
Orange Juice
Mango Juice
Coffee (Only on Occasion)
Coconut Water
Fuze (Multiple Flavors)
Red Wine (On rest days or weekends)
Beer (If its a long week, you can't deny a nice IPA relaxes you best)
Starbucks Double Shot Light Vanilla (this **** is my Crack in a bottle)

Snacks:

Greek Yogurt (Multiple Flavors)
Cottage Cheese
String Cheese
Glen-Oaks Drinkable Yogurt
Mini Babybel Cheese
Hummus
Pita Chips
Almonds
Cashews
Walnuts
Trail Mix
Beef Jerky
Protein Bar
NEED OTHER CHEAP EASY IDEAS TO PROVIDE MORE SNACK VARIETY

Main Meals (Protein):

Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
Salmon
Tuna
Sushi (All types)
Steak
Prime Rib
Burgers (90% lean)
Ground Beef (90% lean)
Bratwurst
Sausage Links
Bacon (Infrequently)
Corned Beef
Eggs
Lunch Meats (Turkey, Ham, Roast Beef, Chicken Breast)
Cheese (Typically Pepper Jack)0
Ezekiel Bread

Sides:

Salads (Almost any type of Lettuce)
Brown/Wild Grain Rice
Black Beans
Red Beans
Baked Beans
Sweet Potatoes
Pasta (Several types typically with red sauce)
Cabbage
Spinach
Asparagus
Broccoli
Squash
Peas

Fast Food (Some days you have no time and have to rush out the door):

Turkey Burger from Carl's Jr.
Chicken Strips from Carl's Jr.
Breakfast Sandwich from Starbucks
Double Double from In n' Out (Cheat Days)
Anything from Subway
Chipotle Burrito or Salad Bowl

Supplement Protein Powders:

Muscle Pharm Combat Powder
Optimum Serious Mass (If I'm slacking on calories that day)
Universal Whey Pro

cbruno924

cbruno924

Awards
SUPPLEMENTS/ROUTINE

Ahhh finally on to the genetic equalizers and the workouts :p

Supplements:

Assault, 1.76 Lbs., Fruit Punch (PRE WORKOUT PREP)
Recon - 30 Servings - Watermelon (AFTER WORKOUT RECOVERY)
Bullet Proof - 40 Servings - Grape Fusion (SLEEP/RECOVERY ASSIST)
Combat Powder - 4 Lbs. - Chocolate Milk (PROTEIN SUPPLEMENT)
Armor-V - 180 Capsules (COMPLEX MULTI VITAMIN)

Now as it comes to the world of supplements there is always the option of strong performance enhancers to help progress and provide the ideal environment for growing. This choice I will leave to you guys; so if you have a "natural" supplement in mind, I'm sure I can incorporate it in with all the proper support in tow. Keep in mind, my goal is not singular in the fact that I wish to transform by gaining muscle AND losing fat in the process.

Debate is welcome on this topic of course so lets argue about it!! :p

Workout:

I tailored my workout to be more of an introductory 3-day/week routine (Ex. Mon/Wed/Fri) due to the fact that I have been inactive for over 8 months. I of course am using a combination of complex movements (Squats, Deadlifts, Dips, etc.) as well as isolation exercises (Dumbbell Curls, Leg Curls, etc.) for smaller muscles. After a month I will most likely adjust to a 4-day/week routine. I'd really like to get into DC training but I don't believe I'm physically ready for that so for now I'll simply incorporate some of the philosophies.

My workout outline involves a 10 minute warm-up on the treadmill. Stretching before/during/after major lifts. Then, after the workout, a nice 10-15 minute "cooldown" in the sauna to keep my metabolism running fast while releasing lactic acid in the muscles and speeding up recovery. I have a typical rest time of 45-90 seconds after a set depending on the workout and what my body tells me. The workout lasts between 1-1.5 hours.

Day 1 - Chest and Back

Barbell Bench Press 10-8-6-4
Incline Dumbbell Bench Press 10-8-6
Dumbbell Flys 10-8-6
Deadlift 10-8-6-4
Lat Pulldown 10-8-6
Seated Cable Row 10-8-6
Swiss Ball Crunch 15-15-15

Day 2 - Legs and Abs

Barbell Squat 10-8-6-4
Leg Press10-8-6
Stiff-Legged Deadlift 10-8-6
Leg Curls 10-8-6
Calf Raises 10-10-10
Swiss Ball Crunch 10-10-10
Hanging Leg Raises 10-10-10
Side Bends 10-10-10

Day 3 - Shoulders and Arms

Seated Dumbbell Press 10-8-6-4
Lateral Raises 10-8-6
Rear Delt Raise 10-10-10
Barbell Curls 10-8-6
Alternating Dumbbell Curls 10-8-6
Dips 10-8-6
Triceps Pushdown 10-8-6

I believe this is a good workout for me and that it is constructed to engage a lot of growth. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

I look forward to getting a lot of input and encouragement from all the great peeps on AM. This is going to be ****ing tits. I'll post comparison before/after pics at the end from multiple angles as well as all changes in stats/measurements.

Attachments

cbruno924

cbruno924

Awards
Reserved for Ending Stats

cbruno924

cbruno924

Awards
Day 1 - 9/13/11

Workout:

Barbell Bench Press - 65x10, 85x8, 105x6, 115x4
Dumbbell Incline Bench Press - 20x10, 25x8, 30x8
Dumbbell Fly - 20x8, 25x8, 25x6
Barbell Deadlift - 95x10, 135x8, 185x6
Wide-Grip Lat Pulldown - 60x10, 90x8, 120x6, 135x4
Seated Cable Row - 90x10, 110x8, 120x6

Nutrition:

Snapshot of macronutrients and main meals...let me know if this picture works ok

Attachments

cbruno924

cbruno924

Awards
Day 2 - 9/14/11

Had a good day yesterday! Definitely feeling the effects of the workout from yesterday but my body usually gets hit hard by DOMS 2 days after a workout. Thats where and when we'll see if the extra supplementation (Recon & Bullet Proof) plays a big role in recovery.

The Combat Powder turned out to be ****ing delicious mixed with 1 cup of Lactaid Milk. Consistency of a thick chocolate milk as seen in the photo below.

As for the Bullet Proof I can't say I noticed any obvious effects last night or this morning besides the fact I woke up at 530 feeling pretty refreshed and ready to rock. I won't make any assumptions though until a few days pass using the stuff.

I'll post up changes in beginning stats once every week to gauge the effects of my supplementation. :)

Below is also a nutrition overview of today.

Attachments

cbruno924

cbruno924

Awards
Day 3 - 9/15/11

Workout:

Barbell Squat - 95x10, 135x8, 165x4, 175x4
Leg Press - 140x8, 160x8, 200x8
Romanian Deadlift - 95x8, 145x4
Lying Leg Curls - 60x8, 80x8, 100x8
Standing Calf Raises - 115x10, 155x10, 195x10
Swiss Ball Crunch - 15, 15, 15

Nutrition

Nutritional Snapshot below.

Attachments

cbruno924

cbruno924

Awards
Day 4 - 9/16/11

Legs incredibly sore today. Deadlifts/Squats are a love/hate relationship. I was having trouble walking let alone standing from a sitting position.

I have been taking the Muscle Pharm Bullet Proof supplement and I hope to start seeing some quicker recovery times. So far though it has had a nice effect on my sleep and I've been able to wake up earlier while feeling more rested.

Didn't have much of a appetite at all today but still tried to feed myself a little bit.

Attachments

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Your diet has 1000x more variety then mine lol

cbruno924

cbruno924

Awards
Day 5 - 9/17/11

I was supposed to go to gym today but once I got finished with work it was already closed at 8 on a Saturday wtf? I have had a ton of trouble moving at all without my legs giving me a nice shot of pain haha. I love leg days they **** you up real nice like :p I'll have to push my next workout day to Monday for now.

Nutrition

Attachments

cbruno924

cbruno924

Awards
Your diet has 1000x more variety then mine lol
Haha I think it's good to have variety even when you are eating healthy. Helps make the diet go along much easier. Ty for commenting, I was beginning to look at this like I was writing in a personal journal since no one's been following lol.

Turnitup122

Awards
Crap u r one thorough mofo. Lol

cbruno924

cbruno924

Awards
Day 6 - 9/18/11

Worked all day in San Diego with the only food available being food from the track. So turned this into a cheat day haha. Legs were a lot better today but I still walked around like I was holding in a turd...haha.

I've got to mention that the Bullet Proof might be doing its job because I woke up at 430 for work today feeling phenomenal!

Nutrition:

Attachments

cbruno924

cbruno924

Awards
Day 7 - 9/19/11- Week 1 Update

Wooo good day today. Ate a lot, relaxed a lot, then kicked ass in the gym. I did a full scoop of Muscle Pharm Assault, that really did the trick for me. The 1/2 scoop would give me a nice focused effect but nothing like a full scoop where I want to throw weights across the room haha. It's almost a shame this was only on a arm day I can't wait to try it on legs or chest day.

Status Update:

Weight: 198 (+3)

Week 1 Measurements:
Neck: 15 1/2"
Upper Arms (Biceps): 13 1/4"
Forearms: 11 1/2"
Chest: 39 1/2"
Waist: 36 3/4"
Hips: 39 1/2"
Thighs: 23 3/4"
Calfs: 15"

I got slight increases all across the board so that's exciting :) The only thing I want to make sure stays the same or goes lower is my waist. I'm not in the mood to go shopping for more clothes....

So far I have been very impressed with Muscle Pharm's product line. Their preworkout Assault has noticeable effects from even a 1/2 scoop, yet the full scoop is where it really shines, at least for me. The taste is fantastic, in fact every one of these products has got to be one of the best tasting products in each category. The post workout Recon is like dessert after a workout :p; the watermelon flavor is shockingly close to Watermelon Bubble Gum, not to sweet but just right. Their night time recovery mix Bullet Proof makes me think I'm drinking something off of the planet on Avatar haha. As far as recovery effects from the Recon and Bullet Proof it's really tough to say only a week in what they are doing for me. I feel as if they're helping from what I've seen of my body's recovery time and muscle soreness, but I need to observe their effects longer before giving an opinion.

Workout:
Dumbbell Shoulder Press - 25x10, 30x8, 35x6, 40x4
Dumbbell Lateral Raise - 10x10, 15x6, 15x5
Dumbbell Rear Delt Row - 25x10, 35x10, 50x8
Barbell Curl - 45x8, 55x8, 65x5
Dumbbell Alternate Bicep Curl - 20x8, 25x6, 30x4
Cable Triceps Pushdown - 60x10, 80x8, 100x8
Concentration Curl - 25x8, 30x4
Cable Cross Over - 50x8, 60x5, 40x6

Nutrition:

Attachments

cbruno924

cbruno924

Awards
Day 8 - 9/20/11

This was a mini vacation day ;) Went to the beach and relaxed/swam all day. Nothing special today.

Nutrition:

Attachments

cbruno924

cbruno924

Awards
Day 9 - 9/21/11

Had to travel a couple hours away for work today. Unfortunately didn't get back till 1230AM so had to push my next workout till tomorrow. Diet was a bit more lax on carbs today, I bet I'll be seeing this in my gut tomorrow morning lol.

Nutrition:

EDIT: SORRY FOR 2 PICTURES I CAN'T EDIT THE OTHER ONE OUT ON THE IPAD

Attachments

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yea no problem man, it can sometimes take a lil to get a log going and get ppl in here.

cbruno924

cbruno924

Awards
Day 10 - 9/22/11

Good day today! Took a full scoop of Assault before workout and it was pretty intense. Didn't feel myself getting tired or fatigued throughout the whole workout so I was able to push myself harder.

Workout:

Barbell Bench Press - 65x12, 95x10, 105x6, 115x4 (I really need to get a spotter, I'm worried about pushing myself here)
Dumbbell Incline Bench Press - 25x8, 35x8, 40x8
Dumbbell Fly -20x8, 25x8, 30x8
Barbell Deadlift - 95x8, 145x8, 195x6
Wide-Grip Lat Pulldown - 90x8, 120x8, 135x7, 135x4
Cable Seated Row - 110x8, 120x8, 130x6

Nutrition:

Attachments

compudog

compudog

Awards
Day 10 - 9/22/11

Good day today! Took a full scoop of Assault before workout and it was pretty intense. Didn't feel myself getting tired or fatigued throughout the whole workout so I was able to push myself harder.

Workout:

Barbell Bench Press - 65x12, 95x10, 105x6, 115x4 (I really need to get a spotter, I'm worried about pushing myself here)
Dumbbell Incline Bench Press - 25x8, 35x8, 40x8
Dumbbell Fly -20x8, 25x8, 30x8
Barbell Deadlift - 95x8, 145x8, 195x6
Wide-Grip Lat Pulldown - 90x8, 120x8, 135x7, 135x4
Cable Seated Row - 110x8, 120x8, 130x6

Nutrition:
That's a lot of sets. You know, if you haven't got a spotter but want to go heavier you can always increase your lat pulldowns and cable rows. Machines are generally good for that I think; they're safer to use when you're lifting heavy, particularly if you haven't got a spotter.

cbruno924

cbruno924

Awards
Yeah I am thimking of swapping in a machine exercise or two so I can safely increase the weight.

cbruno924

cbruno924

Awards
Day 11 - 9/23/11

Rest day today had a crappy diet today since I ran out of food at the house and was to lazy to go shopping.

I've also decided to start adding photos of hot women, shiny cars, and cool guy stuff to hopefully get more people im here :p

Attachments

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Are you dieting or trying to gain? You need to gain more strength. If you wanna increase weights on things like the bench, bench in a power rack, same with squats.

cbruno924

cbruno924

Awards
Are you dieting or trying to gain? You need to gain more strength. If you wanna increase weights on things like the bench, bench in a power rack, same with squats.
I'm trying to gain weight with minimal fat gain. I've never heard that before with a power rack, it's something I'll have to look into.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well you can put pins at the right height so they can catch the weight if you fail.

cbruno924

cbruno924

Awards
Ohhhh duh lol sorry I had a brain fart I know what those are. I have used them before for squatting as a precaution.

cbruno924

cbruno924

Awards
Day 12 - 9/24/11

Took a full scoop of Assault around 6PM and was back home from gym by 8. I assume the assault had something to do with this but I wasn't able to fall asleep until 130AM. Hope it doesn't hurt recovery too much.

Workout - Legs and Abs

My workout got cut short at tye end by the damn gym closing early... But I still got all the important lifts in.

Treadmill - 10 minutes
Barbell Squat - 95x10, 145x8, 165x6, 195x4
Leg Press - 170x10, 210x10, 250x10
Romanian Deadlift - 115x10, 165x8, 185x6
Lying Leg Curls - 60x8, 80x8
Swiss Ball Crunch - 15, 15, 15
Cable Crunch - 100x15, 130x15, 150x15

Nutrition:

I didn't have my iPad with me this day so I didn't track it but it was just another typical day.

cbruno924

cbruno924

Awards
Day 13 - 9/25/11

Rest day, woke up late as hell and went to a BBQ. Relaxing Sunday :)

Nutrition:

Attachments

cbruno924

cbruno924

Awards
Day 14 - 9/26/11

Took another rest day ^.^ Feeling pretty sore from leg workout so I'm trying to let my body recover a little more. I always get bad DOMS after squats....

Nutrition:

Attachments

cbruno924

cbruno924

Awards
Day 15 - 9/27/11

Started a log of NTBM's N2Burn. I'm hoping it will help to keep fat at bay and slim my waist down while I keep adding on muscle. It seemed to work pretty dam well today for it's first day but we'll see as time goes by.

Workout:
DB Shoulder Press - 25x10, 30x8, 40x6, 45x4
DB Lateral Raise - 10x10, 10x10, 15x8
DB Rear Delt Row - 50x8, 55x6, 60x6
Barbell Curl - 40x10, 50x8, 60x8
DB Alternating Bicep Curl - 20x8, 25x6, 30x6
Cable Triceps Pushdown - 70x10, 90x8, 120x6
Seated Deltoid Flys (Threw these in for fun) - 90x10, 120x8, 150x6

Nutrition:

Attachments