1. 9/6/2011

Max Effort Lower Body

Reverse Band Squats 225x1 315x1 375x1 375x3 375x3

GHR type machine, single leg 3x10

Pullthroughs 3x7-8

DB Rows 125lb db 3x7-10 PR on the first set with 10

Cable EZ Bar curls 3x10

***Notes***
    Great workout, loved the reverse bands, I KNOW I could have done more on the reverse bands. The triples went easy, and gave me a lot of confidence that I could eventually pull more weight.

2. Quote Originally Posted by mdpwrlifter
    9/6/2011

Max Effort Lower Body

Pullthroughs 3x7-8

Cable EZ Bar curls 3x10

***Notes***
    Great workout, loved the reverse bands, I KNOW I could have done more on the reverse bands. The triples went easy, and gave me a lot of confidence that I could eventually pull more weight.
    Nice workout! Congratz on the PR!
    I wish I had access to those bands hehe.

Mean progress!
    RecoverBro ELITE
    •   

3. Thanks. I bought the bands myself, online!

4. Quote Originally Posted by mdpwrlifter
    Thanks. I bought the bands myself, online!
    Reverse bands you need a power rack right?
    I have a home gym . But when I move back home to the states I'll probably get bands and use um in the 24hr I go to.
    RecoverBro ELITE

5. Quote Originally Posted by mdpwrlifter View Post
    9/6/2011

Max Effort Lower Body

Pullthroughs 3x7-8

Cable EZ Bar curls 3x10

***Notes***
    DAMN at that squat, great work on the pr's too! I wouldn't of been able to help myself at that rate i would have gone for 400 haha :P
    I hope everybody thinks i'm crazy, because you cannot be a sane person and go through the type of pain i am willing to put myself through to be where i want to be, Once I completely win the war between my mind and body, my reign will begin. ~Me
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by mattrag

Reverse bands you need a power rack right?
    I have a home gym . But when I move back home to the states I'll probably get bands and use um in the 24hr I go to.
    Yes a power rack is required. What kind of home gym?

7. Quote Originally Posted by thetinyguy

DAMN at that squat, great work on the pr's too! I wouldn't of been able to help myself at that rate i would have gone for 400 haha :P
    I would have but I didn't have a spot or anything to catch the weight in case. I would LOVE a 405 squat at this point. Ipa world record >.>

8. Quote Originally Posted by mdpwrlifter

Yes a power rack is required. What kind of home gym?
    Super old nautilus. Only got the squat portion but no bench. I use a cheap bench lol. I'll post a pic soon!!
    RecoverBro ELITE

9. That'd be good. You can probably score a decent power rack for cheap on Craigslist

10. 9/8/2011 Max Effort Upper Body

Close Grip Incline Press 135x3 155x3 175x3 175x3 175x2

Rope Pressdown 3x5-7 reps

EZ Bar Skull crushers 90lb 3x4-5

Military Press 145 3x5-6

Facepulls 3x10-12

***Notes***
    Solid workout, first time doing incline close grip, as recommended by Dave Tate in his articles.

11. Dynamic Effort Lower Body 9/9/2011

Box Squats 175 w/pink elitefts bands 8x2

Leg Extension supersets 150+ reps from 165lbs down to 100lbs.

GHR (both legs) 4x10

Shrugs 315x5 405x5 405x3

Straight Bar Cable Bicep Curl 3x10

***Notes***
    The box squats felt pretty easy, perhaps a sign of improvement. Have had a crazy past few days, so forgive me for not posting! There is a USAPL meet on December 10th in my local area that I hope to do as a "first meet" situation. The cut to 148lb will probably be brutal, but worthwhile! Hope to get some tips on form from people who have competed first hand. Perhaps a visit to Orlando barbell at one point this year would help. I'm not sure whether I will be down there or not.

12. Very depressing squat day today.. I need to rethink and readjust..

13. Quote Originally Posted by mdpwrlifter
    Very depressing squat day today.. I need to rethink and readjust..
    Oh what happened today?
    CNS burn out? Injury?
    RecoverBro ELITE

14. Well. I've tried westside barbells routine, and the conjugate method hasn't seemed to help my raw squat. To squat more I need to squat more! Cns pain (mild) I can handle. No injury just sad numbers. I'll post after classes today.

15. Quote Originally Posted by mdpwrlifter
    Well. I've tried westside barbells routine, and the conjugate method hasn't seemed to help my raw squat. To squat more I need to squat more! Cns pain (mild) I can handle. No injury just sad numbers. I'll post after classes today.
    Wsbb is good. But maybe you need a different approach.
    Let us know what you think of. Maybe we can help.
    RecoverBro ELITE

16. Ok. I Love the routine, maybe today was a bad day. I know I need to squat more to increase my numbers.

17. Quote Originally Posted by mdpwrlifter View Post
    Well. I've tried westside barbells routine, and the conjugate method hasn't seemed to help my raw squat. To squat more I need to squat more! Cns pain (mild) I can handle. No injury just sad numbers. I'll post after classes today.
    Just wasn't your day man, look forward to the next workout and take the aggression to higher numbers.
    I hope everybody thinks i'm crazy, because you cannot be a sane person and go through the type of pain i am willing to put myself through to be where i want to be, Once I completely win the war between my mind and body, my reign will begin. ~Me

18. Quote Originally Posted by mdpwrlifter View Post
    Ok. I Love the routine, maybe today was a bad day. I know I need to squat more to increase my numbers.
    you'll be back and killing it in no time man!! Im sure you know what you need to do!
    RecoverBro ELITE

19. I hope so! Thanks guys, going to reflect on what I need to do and maybe ask some experts! Will post the last two days workouts now.
  20. 9/12/11 and 9/13/11 Dynamic Upper and Max Effort Lower

9/12/11 DE Upper

Mixed Grip bench @ 50% (135lbs) 8 sets 3 reps

Incline DB 45lb's 3 sets 10-12

Rope Pressdown 60 reps

Rear Delt Fly 2x10-12

Side raises 2x10-12

Facepulls 3x10

***Notes***
    Not bad, need to switch my tricep training to flat bench or JM Presses! IMMEDIATELY!

9/13/11 Max Effort Lower

Reverse Band Squats work up to max of 375x3 for three sets

GHR Machine Single leg 4x10

DB Rows 3x10-15 (15 reps is a PR, so not a total loss of a workout!)

Hammer Curls 3x10

***Notes***
    The dumbbell rows were great, but my squat really needs focus! I need to squat raw and strict more often and incorporate the moves in instead of using them as a primary exercise!

21. Quote Originally Posted by mdpwrlifter View Post
    9/12/11 DE Upper

Mixed Grip bench @ 50% (135lbs) 8 sets 3 reps

Incline DB 45lb's 3 sets 10-12

Rope Pressdown 60 reps

Rear Delt Fly 2x10-12

Side raises 2x10-12

Facepulls 3x10

***Notes***
    Not bad, need to switch my tricep training to flat bench or JM Presses! IMMEDIATELY!

9/13/11 Max Effort Lower

Reverse Band Squats work up to max of 375x3 for three sets

GHR Machine Single leg 4x10

DB Rows 3x10-15 (15 reps is a PR, so not a total loss of a workout!)

Hammer Curls 3x10

***Notes***
    The dumbbell rows were great, but my squat really needs focus! I need to squat raw and strict more often and incorporate the moves in instead of using them as a primary exercise!
    Sweeeet sessions man!

I know this will sound nuts but... Why not have a workout dedicated entirely to squatting? I'm talking like 10-15 sets of lighter/heavier sets of squats, It would be killer and beat the form into you like nothing else would.

22. Quote Originally Posted by thetinyguy

Sweeeet sessions man!

I know this will sound nuts but... Why not have a workout dedicated entirely to squatting? I'm talking like 10-15 sets of lighter/heavier sets of squats, It would be killer and beat the form into you like nothing else would.
    Agree here. How about using the squat as an accessory too?
    Kinda like 531 BBB protocol ?
    RecoverBro ELITE

23. Quote Originally Posted by thetinyguy

Sweeeet sessions man!

This is a thought. I'll do like a composite lower day, but focus on the squat.

24. I definitely could use 531 too, increasing percentages and such.

25. Floor presses and incline close grip for max effort paired with jm press worked great! Will post numbers after class today.

26. I need to post for Thursday and Friday! Sorry guys, things have been a bit crazy!

27. 9/15/2011 Max effort upper body

Floor press high reps 135lb 3x10-15

Close grip incline 135lb w/ chains 3x3

Jm press 3x8

Military press 145 3x5-7

Facepulls 3x10

***notes***
    Good workout, nothing to complain about!

28. Quote Originally Posted by mdpwrlifter View Post
    9/15/2011 Max effort upper body

Floor press high reps 135lb 3x10-15

Close grip incline 135lb w/ chains 3x3

Jm press 3x8

Military press 145 3x5-7

Facepulls 3x10

***notes***
    Good workout, nothing to complain about!
    Nice job man, seen any strength gains so far?

29. I believe so, very soon I am going to take a week and just do 1 rep maxes

30. 9/16/2011 dynamic effort lower body

Olympic style squats 9x2-3 155lb atg

Lying leg curl 3x5-7

Pullthroughs 3x10

Pull ups 3x6-10

Seated preacher curl 3x6

***notes***
    Good dynamic day, no complaints. Need a good squat day after last weeks disappointment!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. burn more calories Powerlifting then bodybuilding??
    By brownstown89 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-17-2012, 01:03 PM
  2. bodybuilding and powerlifting/strongman
    By DEADn in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-15-2009, 08:58 AM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-25-2009, 08:26 AM
  4. Powerlifting vs. Bodybuilding belt
    By cpa5oh in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 4