MDpwrlifter's Powerlifting/Bodybuilding Log

Page 6 of 7 First ... 4567 Last
  1. Registered User
    mdpwrlifter's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    339
    Answers
    0


    9/22/2011 max effort upper body

    Pin presses worked up to 205x1 (easy) 235 failed but almost

    Rope pressdown 3x3-5

    Close grip bench 135x5 185x2x1

    Medial shoulder machine 3x5-7

    Dead presses 135x7-8

    ***notes***
    Great workout. Strategically, this seems to make more sense than the other workouts, focusing on my weaknesses and improving overall power/strength.

  2. Registered User
    thetinyguy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,184
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by mdpwrlifter View Post
    9/22/2011 max effort upper body

    Pin presses worked up to 205x1 (easy) 235 failed but almost

    Rope pressdown 3x3-5

    Close grip bench 135x5 185x2x1

    Medial shoulder machine 3x5-7

    Dead presses 135x7-8

    ***notes***
    Great workout. Strategically, this seems to make more sense than the other workouts, focusing on my weaknesses and improving overall power/strength.
    That's what it's all about man keep up the good work.
    I hope everybody thinks i'm crazy, because you cannot be a sane person and go through the type of pain i am willing to put myself through to be where i want to be, Once I completely win the war between my mind and body, my reign will begin. ~Me
  3. Registered User
    mdpwrlifter's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    339
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by thetinyguy

    That's what it's all about man keep up the good work.
    How is your test booster working? Thanks man.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    mdpwrlifter's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    339
    Answers
    0


    9/23/2011 dynamic lower body

    Box squats slightly above parallel worked up to 275x3-5 w/ pink efs mini bands.

    Box squats below parallel 135 8x3 w/ pink bands

    Leg curl machine 4x7

    Pull ups various grips 5x6-7

    Rope curls 3x6-8

    Ab work standing 3x100

    ***notes***
    Great workout!
  5. Registered User
    thetinyguy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,184
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by mdpwrlifter View Post
    How is your test booster working? Thanks man.
    Seems to be working pretty good still, I must just be used to the feeling now. Weeks 2-3 were the biggest difference for me, Still seeing strength gains and all but not sure if i can attribute it to the t-booster or all the dam food i'm eating haha
    I hope everybody thinks i'm crazy, because you cannot be a sane person and go through the type of pain i am willing to put myself through to be where i want to be, Once I completely win the war between my mind and body, my reign will begin. ~Me
  6. Registered User
    mdpwrlifter's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    339
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by thetinyguy

    Seems to be working pretty good still, I must just be used to the feeling now. Weeks 2-3 were the biggest difference for me, Still seeing strength gains and all but not sure if i can attribute it to the t-booster or all the dam food i'm eating haha
    What kinda gains in strength?
  7. Registered User
    GeekPoop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  232 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,268
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by mdpwrlifter View Post
    9/22/2011 max effort upper body

    Pin presses worked up to 205x1 (easy) 235 failed but almost

    Rope pressdown 3x3-5

    Close grip bench 135x5 185x2x1

    Medial shoulder machine 3x5-7

    Dead presses 135x7-8

    ***notes***
    Great workout. Strategically, this seems to make more sense than the other workouts, focusing on my weaknesses and improving overall power/strength.
    smart thinking! may not be as fun, but these assistance lifts will pay off in the long run

    Quote Originally Posted by mdpwrlifter View Post
    9/23/2011 dynamic lower body

    Box squats slightly above parallel worked up to 275x3-5 w/ pink efs mini bands.

    Box squats below parallel 135 8x3 w/ pink bands

    Leg curl machine 4x7

    Pull ups various grips 5x6-7

    Rope curls 3x6-8

    Ab work standing 3x100

    ***notes***
    Great workout!
    the mini bands or the micro bands? i god minis and they're a reddish pink, actually got like 6 cuz i tear them up super fast. also was just curious why 2 sets of squats? you know the DE squat cycle right?
    12x2 50%
    10x2 55%
    8x2 60%

    than keep adding like 5-10lbs per week. you'll get really fcking fast
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
  8. Registered User
    mdpwrlifter's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    339
    Answers
    0


    Ok I'll look in to that. It's the long thin pink bands. My lower dynamic day incorporated some max effort box squats and then the dynamic effort box squats.
  9. Registered User
    thetinyguy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,184
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by mdpwrlifter View Post
    What kinda gains in strength?
    Since the start of it 8/29/11 till now 9/24/11 (about 3/4 weeks) Also eating 4-5k calories everyday.
    Rack Pull +60Lbs
    Squats +70Lbs
    I hope everybody thinks i'm crazy, because you cannot be a sane person and go through the type of pain i am willing to put myself through to be where i want to be, Once I completely win the war between my mind and body, my reign will begin. ~Me
  10. Registered User
    mdpwrlifter's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    339
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by thetinyguy

    Since the start of it 8/29/11 till now 9/24/11 (about 3/4 weeks) Also eating 4-5k calories everyday.
    Rack Pull +60Lbs
    Squats +70Lbs
    Nice what's your squat?
  11. Registered User
    thetinyguy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,184
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by mdpwrlifter View Post
    Nice what's your squat?
    Right now it's 295 x 6 after 425 x 7 rack pull. Still working on my squat form but it's tons better than it was before. Next week gonna go for 315 x 5, trying to stay in a hypertrophy area of reps. Sometimes i get 2-3 but just for 1 workout to get my strength up.
    I hope everybody thinks i'm crazy, because you cannot be a sane person and go through the type of pain i am willing to put myself through to be where i want to be, Once I completely win the war between my mind and body, my reign will begin. ~Me
  12. Registered User
    mdpwrlifter's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    339
    Answers
    0


    Yeah man. Nice numbers
  13. Registered User
    thetinyguy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,184
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by mdpwrlifter View Post
    Yeah man. Nice numbers
    Thanks!
    I hope everybody thinks i'm crazy, because you cannot be a sane person and go through the type of pain i am willing to put myself through to be where i want to be, Once I completely win the war between my mind and body, my reign will begin. ~Me
  14. Registered User
    GeekPoop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  232 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,268
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by mdpwrlifter View Post
    Ok I'll look in to that. It's the long thin pink bands. My lower dynamic day incorporated some max effort box squats and then the dynamic effort box squats.
    why ME after DE? i confused
    Quote Originally Posted by thetinyguy View Post
    Right now it's 295 x 6 after 425 x 7 rack pull. Still working on my squat form but it's tons better than it was before. Next week gonna go for 315 x 5, trying to stay in a hypertrophy area of reps. Sometimes i get 2-3 but just for 1 workout to get my strength up.
    nice work! technique will make or break you. last ME session i was going 0 / 1 / 0 / 1. coudnt get in my groove.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
  15. Registered User
    mdpwrlifter's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    339
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by GeekPoop
    why ME after DE? i confused

    nice work! technique will make or break you. last ME session i was going 0 / 1 / 0 / 1. coudnt get in my groove.
    I decided to mix a day, I considered it dynamic in a way. Those are tinys numbers ha ha
  16. Registered User
    thetinyguy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,184
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by GeekPoop View Post
    why ME after DE? i confused

    nice work! technique will make or break you. last ME session i was going 0 / 1 / 0 / 1. coudnt get in my groove.
    Agree, starting to think i should try a low bar position from now on. Help me sit back more.
    I hope everybody thinks i'm crazy, because you cannot be a sane person and go through the type of pain i am willing to put myself through to be where i want to be, Once I completely win the war between my mind and body, my reign will begin. ~Me
  17. Registered User
    mdpwrlifter's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    339
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by thetinyguy

    Agree, starting to think i should try a low bar position from now on. Help me sit back more.
    Type in. So you think you can squat on YouTube
  18. Registered User
    thetinyguy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,184
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by mdpwrlifter View Post
    Type in. So you think you can squat on YouTube
    Seen that videos it's really informative, just never thought to actually just TRY the low bar position haha
    I hope everybody thinks i'm crazy, because you cannot be a sane person and go through the type of pain i am willing to put myself through to be where i want to be, Once I completely win the war between my mind and body, my reign will begin. ~Me
  19. Registered User
    mdpwrlifter's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    339
    Answers
    0


    Me either I usually just put it on the traps. I'd like to get help from an expert within the next year. Just gotta get a meet under my belt.
  20. Registered User
    thetinyguy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,184
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by mdpwrlifter View Post
    Me either I usually just put it on the traps. I'd like to get help from an expert within the next year. Just gotta get a meet under my belt.
    Yeah that'd be awesome, it's so much easier to figure out flaws when someone is right there watching you. When do you plan to do your first meet?
    I hope everybody thinks i'm crazy, because you cannot be a sane person and go through the type of pain i am willing to put myself through to be where i want to be, Once I completely win the war between my mind and body, my reign will begin. ~Me
  21. Registered User
    mdpwrlifter's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    339
    Answers
    0


    December 10. Raw. USAPL.
  22. Registered User
    GeekPoop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  232 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,268
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by mdpwrlifter View Post
    I decided to mix a day, I considered it dynamic in a way. Those are tinys numbers ha ha
    oh gotcha!
    Quote Originally Posted by thetinyguy View Post
    Seen that videos it's really informative, just never thought to actually just TRY the low bar position haha
    once you go low, you never go back... or something like that lol
    Quote Originally Posted by mdpwrlifter View Post
    Me either I usually just put it on the traps. I'd like to get help from an expert within the next year. Just gotta get a meet under my belt.
    mess around with it. lower the bar, the less distance you gotta move it
    Quote Originally Posted by mdpwrlifter View Post
    December 10. Raw. USAPL.
    smash crush destroy!
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
  23. Registered User
    mdpwrlifter's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    339
    Answers
    0


    I hope to get help from some experienced lifters very soon.
  24. Registered User
    taman6886's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  258 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,919
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by mdpwrlifter View Post
    I hope so! Thanks guys, going to reflect on what I need to do and maybe ask some experts! Will post the last two days workouts now.
    The iron giveth and the iron taketh away! Just how it is. If you have recurrent bad days or are stuck in a rutt with little progress, I would look at diet before routine. Just my 2c.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve

    Recoverbro
  25. Registered User
    SweetLou321's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,474
    Answers
    0


    Low bar all the way, im pretty sure geekpoop is experienced just saying
  26. Registered User
    mdpwrlifter's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    339
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by taman6886

    The iron giveth and the iron taketh away! Just how it is. If you have recurrent bad days or are stuck in a rutt with little progress, I would look at diet before routine. Just my 2c.
    True but I am aiming for strength gains.
  27. Registered User
    mdpwrlifter's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    339
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321
    Low bar all the way, im pretty sure geekpoop is experienced just saying
    Very true. He is.
  28. Registered User
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,027
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by mdpwrlifter View Post
    December 10. Raw. USAPL.

    Good luck man!!!!!!!!!!!!
    RecoverBro ELITE
  29. Registered User
    mdpwrlifter's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    339
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by mattrag

    Good luck man!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks. I have to get used to the calls. The press calls wait for it to be on your chest for three seconds ha ha
  30. Registered User
    taman6886's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  258 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,919
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by mdpwrlifter View Post
    True but I am aiming for strength gains.
    I understand that. You still have to feed it to grow it, be it strength or just mass.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve

    Recoverbro
  31. Registered User
    mdpwrlifter's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    339
    Answers
    0


    Generally I do have a good diet. Watch my protein intake and calorie intake.
  32. Registered User
    mdpwrlifter's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    339
    Answers
    0


    9/26/2011 Dynamic Effort Upper Body

    Standard Bench Protocol, Westside Style

    Dead Presses 135x5x6-7

    Rope Pressdowns 60 reps total

    Medial Raise machine 2x8

    ***Notes***
    This is all I remember from yesterday (sorry if I miss anything). Workout went great, trying to focus on speed and power during my dynamic days now!


    9/27/2011 Max Effort Lower Body

    Box Squats, Parallel or slightly above (I use an adjustable bench) worked up to a max of 315, got it off for one but second

    Single Leg Ham work, Leg Curls 4x6-7

    Stiff Leg Deadlifts 135lb, 3x8 Felt Light but rarely do them so getting used to it!

    DB Rows, 125lb 3x7

    ***Notes***
    I was gassed by the DB Rows, but the Squats definitely seemed good. I liked the possibility of those numbers, it felt good to just do nitty gritty squats. I hope to get these numbers up (of course) and maybe further down the line graduate to geared powerlifting. Only time will tell.
  33. Registered User
    SweetLou321's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,474
    Answers
    0


    He also has been offering advice in your log a lot, id take it. Its on point.
  34. Registered User
    SweetLou321's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,474
    Answers
    0


    By the way what are you doing for conditioning? If nothing start doing it
  35. Registered User
    mdpwrlifter's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    339
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321
    He also has been offering advice in your log a lot, id take it. Its on point.
    Who is he?
  36. Registered User
    mdpwrlifter's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    339
    Answers
    0


    I have been lacking in the conditioning department. I'm guilty of that.
  37. Registered User
    GeekPoop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  232 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,268
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by mdpwrlifter View Post
    9/26/2011 Dynamic Effort Upper Body

    Standard Bench Protocol, Westside Style

    Dead Presses 135x5x6-7

    Rope Pressdowns 60 reps total

    Medial Raise machine 2x8

    ***Notes***
    This is all I remember from yesterday (sorry if I miss anything). Workout went great, trying to focus on speed and power during my dynamic days now!


    9/27/2011 Max Effort Lower Body

    Box Squats, Parallel or slightly above (I use an adjustable bench) worked up to a max of 315, got it off for one but second

    Single Leg Ham work, Leg Curls 4x6-7

    Stiff Leg Deadlifts 135lb, 3x8 Felt Light but rarely do them so getting used to it!

    DB Rows, 125lb 3x7

    ***Notes***
    I was gassed by the DB Rows, but the Squats definitely seemed good. I liked the possibility of those numbers, it felt good to just do nitty gritty squats. I hope to get these numbers up (of course) and maybe further down the line graduate to geared powerlifting. Only time will tell.
    get a note book to write your **** in :P

    Louie bashes all single leg hamstring curl stuff for hammy work. he suggest ghr / sldl / gm / pullthroughs and i think thats about it. i cant find the video on it, but he demonstraits how youre not working the entire hamstring n some other crap.

    i did zercher squats yesterday for the 2nd time. hit 330 and goddam my forearms are sore! give that a whirl for a ME lift sometime, its cool like half dl half sq

    Quote Originally Posted by mdpwrlifter View Post
    I have been lacking in the conditioning department. I'm guilty of that.
    me too, i kinda run outta time during the week tbh. i should invest in some dumbells at home or something
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
  38. Registered User
    SweetLou321's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,474
    Answers
    0


    Geekpoop has
    Just 10min of conditioning to your lower body sessions and go from there
    And i just use note book for my main lifts. And some other lifts, not the whole session lol
  39. Registered User
    mdpwrlifter's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    339
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by GeekPoop
    get a note book to write your **** in :P

    Louie bashes all single leg hamstring curl stuff for hammy work. he suggest ghr / sldl / gm / pullthroughs and i think thats about it. i cant find the video on it, but he demonstraits how youre not working the entire hamstring n some other crap.

    i did zercher squats yesterday for the 2nd time. hit 330 and goddam my forearms are sore! give that a whirl for a ME lift sometime, its cool like half dl half sq

    me too, i kinda run outta time during the week tbh. i should invest in some dumbells at home or something
    This. I'll definitely slam the hamstrings better.
  40. Registered User
    mdpwrlifter's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    339
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321
    Geekpoop has
    Just 10min of conditioning to your lower body sessions and go from there
    And i just use note book for my main lifts. And some other lifts, not the whole session lol
    I'll start incorporating both of those suggestions. Thank you!
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. burn more calories Powerlifting then bodybuilding??
    By brownstown89 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-17-2012, 12:03 PM
  2. bodybuilding and powerlifting/strongman
    By DEADn in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-15-2009, 07:58 AM
  3. Bodybuilding/Powerbuilding/Powerlifting/Crossfit? What to do!?
    By DaveWalton in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-25-2009, 07:26 AM
  4. Powerlifting vs. Bodybuilding belt
    By cpa5oh in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-15-2005, 08:37 AM
  5. We need a powerlifting/bodybuilding section
    By Big H in forum General Chat
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-07-2002, 04:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in