MDpwrlifter's Powerlifting/Bodybuilding Log

Page 4 of 7 First ... 23456 ... Last
  1. Professional Member
    thetinyguy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,184
    Rep Power
    14640
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    62.87%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by GeekPoop View Post
    havent tried em yet. tweaked something in my right back / shoulder area. did some speed pulls 8x1 around 420ish n didnt feel right i wanted to do them today too
    Your lucky you just pulled something, a tear would be horrrribbllle!
    I hope everybody thinks i'm crazy, because you cannot be a sane person and go through the type of pain i am willing to put myself through to be where i want to be, Once I completely win the war between my mind and body, my reign will begin. ~Me

  2. New Member
    mdpwrlifter's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    339
    Rep Power
    350
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    4.63%

    Quote Originally Posted by GeekPoop
    havent tried em yet. tweaked something in my right back / shoulder area. did some speed pulls 8x1 around 420ish n didnt feel right i wanted to do them today too
    I loved them. Made me feel good I could pull some bigger weight.
  3. New Member
    mdpwrlifter's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    339
    Rep Power
    350
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    4.63%

    Quote Originally Posted by thetinyguy

    Your lucky you just pulled something, a tear would be horrrribbllle!
    Worst thing is getting sick or injured.
    •   
       

  4. Professional Member
    thetinyguy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,184
    Rep Power
    14640
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    62.87%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by mdpwrlifter View Post
    Worst thing is getting sick or injured.
    Yeah definitely, I've been having slight cold symptoms and it's annoying but it doesn't seem to have an impact on my workouts.
    I hope everybody thinks i'm crazy, because you cannot be a sane person and go through the type of pain i am willing to put myself through to be where i want to be, Once I completely win the war between my mind and body, my reign will begin. ~Me
  5. New Member
    mdpwrlifter's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    339
    Rep Power
    350
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    4.63%

    Yeah its the little **** that can get ya
  6. Elite Member
    GeekPoop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  232 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,263
    Rep Power
    234819
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    92.13%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by thetinyguy View Post
    Your lucky you just pulled something, a tear would be horrrribbllle!
    yeah idk what happened. like when im benching, 4-6inches off the chest the weight literally drops. it doesnt anymore but it did the next session.
    Quote Originally Posted by mdpwrlifter View Post
    I loved them. Made me feel good I could pull some bigger weight.
    i like doing reverse band squats you should give them a go soon!
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
  7. Professional Member
    thetinyguy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,184
    Rep Power
    14640
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    62.87%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by GeekPoop View Post
    yeah idk what happened. like when im benching, 4-6inches off the chest the weight literally drops. it doesnt anymore but it did the next session.

    i like doing reverse band squats you should give them a go soon!
    That sucks man, good reason to use a power-rack! I love them keeps me at a peace of mind to know if i need to dump the weight i can without hurting/injuring myself
    I hope everybody thinks i'm crazy, because you cannot be a sane person and go through the type of pain i am willing to put myself through to be where i want to be, Once I completely win the war between my mind and body, my reign will begin. ~Me
  8. New Member
    mdpwrlifter's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    339
    Rep Power
    350
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    4.63%

    Quote Originally Posted by GeekPoop
    yeah idk what happened. like when im benching, 4-6inches off the chest the weight literally drops. it doesnt anymore but it did the next session.

    i like doing reverse band squats you should give them a go soon!
    I'll try reverse bands soon. Definitely will.
  9. New Member
    mdpwrlifter's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    339
    Rep Power
    350
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    4.63%

    8/30/2011 max effort lower body

    Reverse band deads 225x1 315x1 385x1 435x1 455 failed 445 off ground but failed at knees

    Leg curl machine single leg 3x7

    Pullthroughs 3x5-7

    Db rows 125 3x7-9 (pr)

    Hammer curls 30s 3x10

    ***notes***
    Good workout, loved the reverse bands. Made me feel good I could pull higher weight.
  10. Professional Member
    thetinyguy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,184
    Rep Power
    14640
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    62.87%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by mdpwrlifter View Post
    8/30/2011 max effort lower body

    Reverse band deads 225x1 315x1 385x1 435x1 455 failed 445 off ground but failed at knees

    Leg curl machine single leg 3x7

    Pullthroughs 3x5-7

    Db rows 125 3x7-9 (pr)

    Hammer curls 30s 3x10

    ***notes***
    Good workout, loved the reverse bands. Made me feel good I could pull higher weight.
    Damn man 445 is sick! Great workout man keep it up.
    I hope everybody thinks i'm crazy, because you cannot be a sane person and go through the type of pain i am willing to put myself through to be where i want to be, Once I completely win the war between my mind and body, my reign will begin. ~Me
  11. New Member
    mdpwrlifter's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    339
    Rep Power
    350
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    4.63%

    Yeah the bands helped a lot LOL but I hope I'm progressing
  12. Professional Member
    thetinyguy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,184
    Rep Power
    14640
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    62.87%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by mdpwrlifter View Post
    Yeah the bands helped a lot LOL but I hope I'm progressing
    If your challenging yourself you are man, that's the name of the game!
    I hope everybody thinks i'm crazy, because you cannot be a sane person and go through the type of pain i am willing to put myself through to be where i want to be, Once I completely win the war between my mind and body, my reign will begin. ~Me
  13. New Member
    mdpwrlifter's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    339
    Rep Power
    350
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    4.63%

    Yeah definitely. Did pin presses today for max effort upper.
  14. New Member
    mdpwrlifter's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    339
    Rep Power
    350
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    4.63%

    9/1/2011 Max Effort Upper Body


    Max Effort Upper Body

    Floor Press 135x3 185x1 185x2 205x1 225x1 235x1 235x1

    Skull crushers w/ 80lb ez bar 3x7

    DB Overhead Tri Extension 85lb db 3x5

    Shoulder Press w/ Thick Bar 135x7 145x5 145x5

    Facepulls w/rope handle 100lb 3x10

    ***Notes***
    Workout was shortened a bit due to having to put the kid sister on the bus. Still, felt great on the floor press, did 235 twice to check I was going down enough. Everything else went smoothly, really hit the shoulders and tri's enough. Overall, really great workout, with a morale boost on the floor press numbers.
  15. Professional Member
    thetinyguy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,184
    Rep Power
    14640
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    62.87%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by mdpwrlifter View Post
    Max Effort Upper Body

    Floor Press 135x3 185x1 185x2 205x1 225x1 235x1 235x1

    Skull crushers w/ 80lb ez bar 3x7

    DB Overhead Tri Extension 85lb db 3x5

    Shoulder Press w/ Thick Bar 135x7 145x5 145x5

    Facepulls w/rope handle 100lb 3x10

    ***Notes***
    Workout was shortened a bit due to having to put the kid sister on the bus. Still, felt great on the floor press, did 235 twice to check I was going down enough. Everything else went smoothly, really hit the shoulders and tri's enough. Overall, really great workout, with a morale boost on the floor press numbers.
    Grats! Keep that attitude all the time and you'll always improve, just try to keep a positive state of mind and hype yourself up before hand believe me it does wonders.
    I hope everybody thinks i'm crazy, because you cannot be a sane person and go through the type of pain i am willing to put myself through to be where i want to be, Once I completely win the war between my mind and body, my reign will begin. ~Me
  16. New Member
    mdpwrlifter's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    339
    Rep Power
    350
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    4.63%

    Yeah it can make the difference between a pr and a bad day.
  17. Professional Member
    thetinyguy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,184
    Rep Power
    14640
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    62.87%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by mdpwrlifter View Post
    Yeah it can make the difference between a pr and a bad day.
    EXACTLY, so if you master it you will always have a PR God i'm so amp'd up right now for some reason, THROW THIS MAN A DUMBBELL FOR CRYIN OUT LOUD! (Training tomorrow morning)
    I hope everybody thinks i'm crazy, because you cannot be a sane person and go through the type of pain i am willing to put myself through to be where i want to be, Once I completely win the war between my mind and body, my reign will begin. ~Me
  18. New Member
    mdpwrlifter's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    339
    Rep Power
    350
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    4.63%

    Ha ha ha yeah I train in the a.m.
  19. New Member
    mdpwrlifter's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    339
    Rep Power
    350
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    4.63%

    Time for some dynamic effort lower body. Let's roll.
  20. Elite Member
    GeekPoop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  232 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,263
    Rep Power
    234819
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    92.13%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Nj floor pressing! That's one of my more difficult lifts.

    I got DE lower coming up in about 2 hours
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
  21. New Member
    mdpwrlifter's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    339
    Rep Power
    350
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    4.63%

    Nice. What are you gonna do? I lifted this morning, posts on the way. Thanks for the encouragement. I appreciate it.
  22. New Member
    mdpwrlifter's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    339
    Rep Power
    350
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    4.63%

    9/3/2011 dynamic effort lower body

    Atg squats 185 with monster mini bands 9x2

    Leg extension 160 2x12 160 pyramid set down to 100

    Single leg ghr machine 3x10

    Shrugs 225x5 315x5 405x3

    Barbell curls 75lb 3x6-10

    ***notes***
    Great workout, really enjoyed it. Feel like that squat is going up easy now!
  23. Elite Member
    GeekPoop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  232 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,263
    Rep Power
    234819
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    92.13%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by mdpwrlifter View Post
    Nice. What are you gonna do? I lifted this morning, posts on the way. Thanks for the encouragement. I appreciate it.
    did box squats w chains, speed deads, some tbar rows, and than some hyper extensions. pretty simple easy day
    Quote Originally Posted by mdpwrlifter View Post
    9/3/2011 dynamic effort lower body

    Atg squats 185 with monster mini bands 9x2

    Leg extension 160 2x12 160 pyramid set down to 100

    Single leg ghr machine 3x10

    Shrugs 225x5 315x5 405x3

    Barbell curls 75lb 3x6-10

    ***notes***
    Great workout, really enjoyed it. Feel like that squat is going up easy now!
    DE makes all the difference in the world! at my gym we cant single loop monster minis so theyre fcking double looped... its like 180+ at the top easy!
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
  24. New Member
    mdpwrlifter's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    339
    Rep Power
    350
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    4.63%

    Nice man. Mine are the pink ones so they are a lot easier than yours! Definitely like them though. What do you think of speed deads?
  25. Elite Member
    GeekPoop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  232 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,263
    Rep Power
    234819
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    92.13%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by mdpwrlifter View Post
    Nice man. Mine are the pink ones so they are a lot easier than yours! Definitely like them though. What do you think of speed deads?
    oh mini bands lol monster minis = them black ones. yeah bands are pretty dang fun

    idk, i havent done an actal DL in over a month so i figure i gotta teach myself somewhat how to lol.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
  26. New Member
    mdpwrlifter's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    339
    Rep Power
    350
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    4.63%

    Yeah rack deads are cool too. But yeah they aren't the black ones
  27. New Member
    mdpwrlifter's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    339
    Rep Power
    350
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    4.63%

    Dynamic effort upper body day today, more on the way soon!
  28. New Member
    mdpwrlifter's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    339
    Rep Power
    350
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    4.63%

    9/5/2011 dynamic effort upper

    Mixed grip bench 135 9x3

    Incline db 55's 3x10-12

    Rope pressdown 60 reps total, 6x10-12

    Reverse pec deck 2x10

    Db side raises 30lb db 2x10

    Roman chair sit ups 3x10

    ***notes***
    Great workout, was into it and enjoyed it. Max effort in the a.m.!
  29. Diamond Member
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    10,027
    Rep Power
    335100
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    9.67%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by mdpwrlifter View Post
    9/5/2011 dynamic effort upper

    Mixed grip bench 135 9x3

    Incline db 55's 3x10-12

    Rope pressdown 60 reps total, 6x10-12

    Reverse pec deck 2x10

    Db side raises 30lb db 2x10

    Roman chair sit ups 3x10

    ***notes***
    Great workout, was into it and enjoyed it. Max effort in the a.m.!
    Your workouts look great! I really like WSB for the DE days. I'm on 531 now and kinda want to toss in 2 DE days lol.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  30. New Member
    mdpwrlifter's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    339
    Rep Power
    350
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    4.63%

    Do it. 531 doesn't compensate for that. Jim makes a great routine though.
  31. New Member
    mdpwrlifter's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    339
    Rep Power
    350
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    4.63%

    9/6/2011

    Max Effort Lower Body

    Reverse Band Squats 225x1 315x1 375x1 375x3 375x3

    GHR type machine, single leg 3x10

    Pullthroughs 3x7-8

    DB Rows 125lb db 3x7-10 PR on the first set with 10

    Cable EZ Bar curls 3x10

    ***Notes***
    Great workout, loved the reverse bands, I KNOW I could have done more on the reverse bands. The triples went easy, and gave me a lot of confidence that I could eventually pull more weight.
  32. Diamond Member
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    10,027
    Rep Power
    335100
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    9.67%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by mdpwrlifter
    9/6/2011

    Max Effort Lower Body

    Reverse Band Squats 225x1 315x1 375x1 375x3 375x3

    GHR type machine, single leg 3x10

    Pullthroughs 3x7-8

    DB Rows 125lb db 3x7-10 PR on the first set with 10

    Cable EZ Bar curls 3x10

    ***Notes***
    Great workout, loved the reverse bands, I KNOW I could have done more on the reverse bands. The triples went easy, and gave me a lot of confidence that I could eventually pull more weight.
    Nice workout! Congratz on the PR!
    I wish I had access to those bands hehe.

    Mean progress!
    RecoverBro ELITE
  33. New Member
    mdpwrlifter's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    339
    Rep Power
    350
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    4.63%

    Thanks. I bought the bands myself, online!
  34. Diamond Member
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    10,027
    Rep Power
    335100
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    9.67%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by mdpwrlifter
    Thanks. I bought the bands myself, online!
    Reverse bands you need a power rack right?
    I have a home gym . But when I move back home to the states I'll probably get bands and use um in the 24hr I go to.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  35. Professional Member
    thetinyguy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,184
    Rep Power
    14640
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    62.87%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by mdpwrlifter View Post
    9/6/2011

    Max Effort Lower Body

    Reverse Band Squats 225x1 315x1 375x1 375x3 375x3

    GHR type machine, single leg 3x10

    Pullthroughs 3x7-8

    DB Rows 125lb db 3x7-10 PR on the first set with 10

    Cable EZ Bar curls 3x10

    ***Notes***
    Great workout, loved the reverse bands, I KNOW I could have done more on the reverse bands. The triples went easy, and gave me a lot of confidence that I could eventually pull more weight.
    DAMN at that squat, great work on the pr's too! I wouldn't of been able to help myself at that rate i would have gone for 400 haha :P
    I hope everybody thinks i'm crazy, because you cannot be a sane person and go through the type of pain i am willing to put myself through to be where i want to be, Once I completely win the war between my mind and body, my reign will begin. ~Me
  36. New Member
    mdpwrlifter's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    339
    Rep Power
    350
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    4.63%

    Quote Originally Posted by mattrag

    Reverse bands you need a power rack right?
    I have a home gym . But when I move back home to the states I'll probably get bands and use um in the 24hr I go to.
    Yes a power rack is required. What kind of home gym?
  37. New Member
    mdpwrlifter's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    339
    Rep Power
    350
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    4.63%

    Quote Originally Posted by thetinyguy

    DAMN at that squat, great work on the pr's too! I wouldn't of been able to help myself at that rate i would have gone for 400 haha :P
    I would have but I didn't have a spot or anything to catch the weight in case. I would LOVE a 405 squat at this point. Ipa world record >.>
  38. Diamond Member
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    10,027
    Rep Power
    335100
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    9.67%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by mdpwrlifter

    Yes a power rack is required. What kind of home gym?
    Super old nautilus. Only got the squat portion but no bench. I use a cheap bench lol. I'll post a pic soon!!
    RecoverBro ELITE
  39. New Member
    mdpwrlifter's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    339
    Rep Power
    350
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    4.63%

    That'd be good. You can probably score a decent power rack for cheap on Craigslist
  40. New Member
    mdpwrlifter's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    339
    Rep Power
    350
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    4.63%

    9/8/2011 Max Effort Upper Body

    Close Grip Incline Press 135x3 155x3 175x3 175x3 175x2

    Rope Pressdown 3x5-7 reps

    EZ Bar Skull crushers 90lb 3x4-5

    Military Press 145 3x5-6

    Facepulls 3x10-12


    ***Notes***
    Solid workout, first time doing incline close grip, as recommended by Dave Tate in his articles.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. burn more calories Powerlifting then bodybuilding??
    By brownstown89 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-17-2012, 01:03 PM
  2. bodybuilding and powerlifting/strongman
    By DEADn in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-15-2009, 08:58 AM
  3. Bodybuilding/Powerbuilding/Powerlifting/Crossfit? What to do!?
    By DaveWalton in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-25-2009, 08:26 AM
  4. Powerlifting vs. Bodybuilding belt
    By cpa5oh in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-15-2005, 09:37 AM
  5. We need a powerlifting/bodybuilding section
    By Big H in forum General Chat
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-07-2002, 05:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in