thetinyguy's ALL OUT training log!! *CAUTION OVERTRAINING* - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 3

thetinyguy's ALL OUT training log!! *CAUTION OVERTRAINING*

Page 3 of 23 First 123458 ... Last
  1. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by thetinyguy View Post
    Just woke up after sleeping in as much as i could, First time i woke up to use the bathroom i was STARVING. My body must have liked those calories from yesterday Anyways my entire upper body is sore, THANKFULLY my legs fell about 90% so tomorrow for leg day i should be good to go. I'm trying to use soreness as a gauge to how much i'm recovered, i know it isn't really 100% accurate but with conjunction of training numbers i should be able to see on paper if i'm recovered enough to progress. So far so good, i might just need to really buckle down and get through another month. Next week will mark the 4th week of day on/day off training!
    When you are starving when dieting that is a good sign your losing bodyfat. I am guessing and I could be off here that since you have been on a restricted calorie diet and youve upped your calories pretty drastically recently your body is still not used to it and using it very well. Having said that , I know from experience you can not eat this way all the time or youll get fat. When it stops working and your getting more fat than usual reduce carbs (and fats). Keep protein high of course

many guys make the mistake of yeah its working so i better keep eating and they end of fat. It works for a little while but the body always adapts aand you cant gain forever without changing something. Stay on it as long as it is working

Awesome workout today! Set pins on PowerRack down another pin so i'm now 4 pins from take-off on squats (All previous days were done at 3 pins). Dropped the weight and i'm gonna work back up to the 300lb area again. I will continue to do this until i either reach ATG or the lowest i can go without knee pain. Doing the lower squats today DESTROYED my legs, In fact the first set i did 20 reps i had such a pump in my hamstring that it was cramping up and i had to wait a few minutes and stretch to do another one. Felt AWESOME, Everything went very well today. Added a few more sets on some exercises as well. Will post lifts later today!!
    hey Nick nice Tip. I may try the squatting down until it hurts. I usually squat atg with not the heaviest weight so I usuallu do not have knee challenges except on heavy leg press at a certain position and maybe hack squats going up in weight
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by John Smeton View Post
    When you are starving when dieting that is a good sign your losing bodyfat. I am guessing and I could be off here that since you have been on a restricted calorie diet and youve upped your calories pretty drastically recently your body is still not used to it and using it very well. Having said that , I know from experience you can not eat this way all the time or youll get fat. When it stops working and your getting more fat than usual reduce carbs (and fats). Keep protein high of course

many guys make the mistake of yeah its working so i better keep eating and they end of fat. It works for a little while but the body always adapts aand you cant gain forever without changing something. Stay on it as long as it is working

hey Nick nice Tip. I may try the squatting down until it hurts. I usually squat atg with not the heaviest weight so I usuallu do not have knee challenges except on heavy leg press at a certain position and maybe hack squats going up in weight
    The past few days i think i just used honestly as a "re-feed" or something, Because now i'm back to eating less it's working good/easier for me. I'm also focusing more on BCAA's rather than Whey so i can save some calories for food or for a deficit. So far today i'm a little over 2,000 and i'm at 258 grams of protein including BCAA's, i'll probably have 1 more 10g serving of BCAA's and a meal. I'm gonna aim for 2500-2750 until i get run down again and "re-feed" some calories/carbs. Pretty much i'm going to cycle my calories! It honestly might just be from my body trying to adapt to this new way of training, I've often read that it takes around 1 month for your body/CNS to adapt to a training routine as far as frequency wise. After this month is over i should start seeing some HUGE jumps in progress considering my central nervous system will have adapted to the new frequency. I do notice as i keep going through this new training style that at first i was completely out of energy but now it seems to be coming back even stronger. I'll eventually work up to 2x/week training but i'll stick with this day on/day off for another month or so. I would like to be pretty lean before i take a week off and setup for 2x/week.
    Also for squatting i was extremely surprised how fast i acclimated squatting deeper. After about 2 sets i felt comfortable enough to start throwing more weight on the bar. That drastic difference in my depth only decreased my weight about 40-50% not too shabby considering i've never squatted so low and it's like an entire new challenge. With the "squat depth cycles" i have set up i should be very strong through the entire ROM, I work up to about 300lbs then drop 1 pin lower, So every time i go lower it's not as hard PLUS you see a ton of growth! So i pretty much started squatting 1/4 reps and now i'm down to what is considered a "Full" squat. But i got tons and tons of growth just from slowly increasing the ROM. I might adopt this to my other body parts IF i stop seeing progress. I can't wait to deadlift i'm chomping at the bit to do them but i'm waiting until i'm out of cutting.
    I hope everybody thinks i'm crazy, because you cannot be a sane person and go through the type of pain i am willing to put myself through to be where i want to be, Once I completely win the war between my mind and body, my reign will begin. ~Me
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

Leg Day!! 6/27/11
    Duration: approx. 1 hour 30min.
    Mood: A little nervous due to the weight but i made the decision to drop down another pin on the squat rack!
    Energy: Good, wasn't as high as normal but was still very solid.
    Other notes: Today i decided to drop down another pin on the power-rack which added a good 6 or so inches to my squat depth.
    Lifts:
    Barbell Back Squats-in Power Rack with safety pins set at 4th pin. Slow/controlled! All new PR's, this is officially parallel. My knee pain has pretty much diminished so from now on i will probably stick right here, I may go even lower but well see when we get there.
    95 x 20 *PR* To be safe i decided to start light, to get used to the lower part of the movement.
    95 x 30 *PR* For the first time ever.... Inner thigh/hamstring pump..Felt CRAZY.
    115 x 10 *PR* Took it easy on these i didn't know how it would feel did slow/controlled reps.
    135 x 16 *PR* Pushed these pretty hard, felt comfortable with depth.
    155 x 6 *PR* Because i HAD to have that lower rep set! I really think i could have done more but since this was new depth/form i didn't want to push it.
    Notes: I'll be completely honest i don't think i've ever had such a hard squat session, My legs actually HURT right now but i'm very sure it's just from the fascia being stretched/pumped.
    Lying Leg Curls- Did these a little more controlled than usual, Felt strong today! I honestly wouldn't have cared if i progressed on these today because the squats were really tough.
    75 x 18 *PR* +3 Reps
    90 x 15 *PR* +4 Reps
    105 x 12 *PR* +2 Reps
    120 x 7 *PR* +1 Rep
    Notes: Didn't really use any cheat reps this week, last week i used them but today i had control.
    Seated Leg Extensions *Plate Loaded*-These are done with 1 second up, then a static hold at top for 2 seconds and then lowered slowly at a count of 4-5 seconds. Rest pause utilized. Did a few more sets today
    230 x 16 *PR* Rest/Pause utilized, Last rep was held until quads gave out.
    255 x 10 *PR* R/P Utilized, Again last rep was held.
    255 x 6 *PR* No R/P on this set but held last rep.
    Notes: From now on i'm going to keep doing sets until i cannot get more than 6. It seems to break down/stimulate the muscle more and allow for more growth. (At least i feel it will)
    45 Degree Seated Calve Raises- Stayed in heavy sets with last rep static holds. Didn't burn as much but i used heavier weight + more controlled reps.
    180 x 18 *PR*
    180 x 13 *PR*
    180 x 11 *PR*
    180 x 8 *PR*

Pre-Workout: GNC NO Loaded 1 scoop - Thankfully i'm almost done with this stuff and i have a bunch of Maniac and Hemo-Rage UC samples to use!
    Intra-Workout: 4 Scoops AI RecoverPRO - Decided to add in another scoop to get some more BCAA's. 4 scoops = 24G BCAA's = 96 Grams Protein!
    Post-Workout: 10g Dymatize Micronized Creatine Mono, 4 Scoops EAS Whey + 1 cup of Prunes for carbs *Approx 100g Carbohydrates( i think these will work very well, i get a sugar rush haha ) Cell-Tech was 70g Carbs but it did have BCAA's and creatine. I just don't have the money for it i'd rather spend it on food.
    Afterthoughts: I don't know how to put this without it sounding wrong but seriously my ass is killing me, these new depth squats literally kicked my ass. After i did them the rest of the workout my legs hurt. The rest of the workout went a little slower than usual due to the squats. That's probably why this weeks workout was 30 minutes longer because i did a few more overall sets, Incredibly productive session to say the LEAST. Really glad my back/bi's are feeling pretty close to ready for another session. This is a small sign that my body is getting adapted because when i first started i needed those full 6 days but now i seem to be ready about a day early. The soreness is diminishing a little quicker but my chest/shoulders/tri's and legs are inconclusive because I've changed some variables such as; how i do the exercise or a new exercise completely. So it'll be a few more weeks before i know if i can tell if i can move up in frequency but as of right now everything is working very well. Remember my goal is to adopt a higher frequency training style WHILE still improving strength/size and if my body can do all of this in a caloric deficit, i have NO doubts it'll work twice as good when i start eating above maintenance. I'm not really sure how i'll train bodyparts every 5 days. If i do this i'll start with probably just 2 sets and then go from there but then again i'll probably end up just doing 3..
    TRAIN HARD!

-thetinyguy
    I hope everybody thinks i'm crazy, because you cannot be a sane person and go through the type of pain i am willing to put myself through to be where i want to be, Once I completely win the war between my mind and body, my reign will begin. ~Me
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

The past few days i think i just used honestly as a "re-feed" or something, Because now i'm back to eating less it's working good/easier for me. I'm also focusing more on BCAA's rather than Whey so i can save some calories for food or for a deficit. So far today i'm a little over 2,000 and i'm at 258 grams of protein including BCAA's, i'll probably have 1 more 10g serving of BCAA's and a meal. I'm gonna aim for 2500-2750 until i get run down again and "re-feed" some calories/carbs. Pretty much i'm going to cycle my calories! It honestly might just be from my body trying to adapt to this new way of training, I've often read that it takes around 1 month for your body/CNS to adapt to a training routine as far as frequency wise. After this month is over i should start seeing some HUGE jumps in progress considering my central nervous system will have adapted to the new frequency. I do notice as i keep going through this new training style that at first i was completely out of energy but now it seems to be coming back even stronger. I'll eventually work up to 2x/week training but i'll stick with this day on/day off for another month or so. I would like to be pretty lean before i take a week off and setup for 2x/week.
    Also for squatting i was extremely surprised how fast i acclimated squatting deeper. After about 2 sets i felt comfortable enough to start throwing more weight on the bar. That drastic difference in my depth only decreased my weight about 40-50% not too shabby considering i've never squatted so low and it's like an entire new challenge. With the "squat depth cycles" i have set up i should be very strong through the entire ROM, I work up to about 300lbs then drop 1 pin lower, So every time i go lower it's not as hard PLUS you see a ton of growth! So i pretty much started squatting 1/4 reps and now i'm down to what is considered a "Full" squat. But i got tons and tons of growth just from slowly increasing the ROM. I might adopt this to my other body parts IF i stop seeing progress. I can't wait to deadlift i'm chomping at the bit to do them but i'm waiting until i'm out of cutting.
    Calorie cycling is very effective like on off days lower it. On intense days like legs and back bump the calories up and on chest triceps, shoulders, arms days maybe moderate- not set in stone just something I keep in mind

Remember as you gain muscle your overall calroies have to move up to support that growth or you'll go back down to where you were and lose that muscle.

Yeah full range of motion deep-is a good on squats in my opinion. Keep up the good work buddy
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by John Smeton View Post
    Calorie cycling is very effective like on off days lower it. On intense days like legs and back bump the calories up and on chest triceps, shoulders, arms days maybe moderate- not set in stone just something I keep in mind

Remember as you gain muscle your overall calroies have to move up to support that growth or you'll go back down to where you were and lose that muscle.

Yeah full range of motion deep-is a good on squats in my opinion. Keep up the good work buddy
    I agree, i honestly am about to say Muscle-Tech Cell-Tech maybe did something to my hunger because i find myself at 2300 calories so far for the day especially on LEG DAY. Feeling just a little bit hungry, i'm gonna go with what my body is telling me and eat around 2700 today. I'm still wayyyy up there in protein for the day and i'm not lethargic or anything, Maybe my body is getting in the grove with the training?? Has to be! This is very good if true! Well have to see how i feel tomorrow
  6. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

Diet Breakdown 6/27/11

Calories:2800
    Protein:351 Grams
    Utilized more BCAA's from RecoverPro today to get some more protein. I think i'll cut one out though around 300 should be good but well see..
  7. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

Today i was expecting to be crippled by soreness but it seems like it's mostly just my glute/hamstring/a little bit of calves. Even though i trained my quads really really hard they don't seem to be sore but i have no doubt in my mind my glutes/ham's are about to start growing! Today i will focus on eating less calories and resuming my fat loss. If i get down to feeling run down or out of energy again i'll just have 1 day of refeed at maintenance or slightly above on a training day.
  8. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

Now since my back/bi training has been relatively the same, i'm going to add in some cable exercises starting tomorrow such as: Straight arm pull downs and straight bar cable curls. I might bring something with sugar tomorrow since my workout will more than likely be a little longer than usual. I have great confidence that if i'm supplied some carbs as i train that i'll be able to train a lot longer. Knowing that around 2 hours with no carbs into training i can see a drop in performance, the carbs should give me some more fuel to use to train an extra amount of time. Well see though, i might just knuckle up and bash through some sets. I know it won't be easy, but it'll take my conditioning/recovery to a new level and will do wonders for my future bulk where i will emphasize High/volume Heavy Weight sessions. I probably will not move up the frequency like said before because just doing this in one day will give myself more recovery time. Of course this will be very difficult at first but there's no doubt in my mind it'll work! There might be a point where i have 3 hour sessions! But until then we'll see..

Diet Breakdown 6/28/11
    Calories:2580
    Protein:296 Grams

Felt really really good today even though my legs are pretty sore. Back/Bi's are feeling 200% can't wait to train them tomorrow!
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.

Calories and protein look good. Do you know how many grams of carbohydrates you are taking in (just interested)? If you're going to be in the gym for those extended periods of time I would definitely look into some kind of fast absorbing carb source. When I was using Sean Burch's training philosophy I would spend two hours in the gym, and I was using the power gels that runners use because I would bonk half way through (very intense training philosophy). Keep working hard bro.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/252210-greens-climb-top.html#post4548443
  10. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by TurningGreen View Post
    Calories and protein look good. Do you know how many grams of carbohydrates you are taking in (just interested)? If you're going to be in the gym for those extended periods of time I would definitely look into some kind of fast absorbing carb source. When I was using Sean Burch's training philosophy I would spend two hours in the gym, and I was using the power gels that runners use because I would bonk half way through (very intense training philosophy). Keep working hard bro.
    Honestly i have no idea on carbs, They're not super high but they're not super low. My energy is stable right now but i know in another week i may need a carb-refeed like what your doing. I'll look into those power-gels anything that can fuel me through these workouts will help without a doubt. I know for a FACT Arnold must have had food or something while training because 4/5 hours training would make me hungry as sh*t!! I bet he took a mini break then started back up.
  11. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

"I swear to god i'll be horrifying ,a freak of nature, i'll look like a monster out of a horror film that everyone fleas in fear that i will crush them. This is what is seen by the untrained eye but to those who know me i am the humble monster in the human flesh."

-thetinyguy
  12. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

ALRIGHT!! So after some added volume today, Not only did i get a bunch of PR's but i'm able to handle more volume easier than i thought. I did more exercises today (Rope pull downs for lats/teres, EZ Bar Cable curls) Not only that but i did add in some sets on other exercises. It wasn't easy but i still did have some strength in me! I think my entire workout was a little over 2 hours, Didn't have much of a problem but i'm really really tired right now. It's all worth it because i know this will increase my work capacity and further my gains! Will post numbers up later Also i consumed a majority of my daily protein around my workout so this should be extremely effective since not only i worked harder but added needed nutrients around the correct time. I'll be having a lot more carbs today that's for sure!
  13. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

Back/Bi's 6/29/11
    Duration: approx. 2 hours 15 min.
    Mood: Excited and ready to train hard!
    Energy: Through the roof!
    Other notes: Today i added more volume as well as doing a slight warm-up then a Reverse Pyramid style to focus more on heavier weight.
    Lifts
    Assisted Overhand Wide-Grip Pull Ups- Straps used. Getting very close to unassisted!!
    -50 x 11 *PR* +3 Reps, Also did 3 negatives.
    -40 x 14 *PR* +8 Reps, Also did 2 negatives.
    -20 x 6 *PR* Also did 2 negatives.
    Notes: You can literally SEE how big a difference reverse pyramiding made! Before i would start light and move up but honestly if your form isn't absolute crap you won't risk an injury just make sure you can control it!
    Assisted Hammer-Grip Pull Ups- Straps used. Considering my arms get fried from wide grip these are still improving fairly well.
    -80 x 18 *PR* Also did 1 negative.
    -60 x 11 *PR* Also did 2 negatives.
    -50 x 9 *PR* +3 Reps, Also did 2 negatives.
    Lat Isolation Pulldowns(Using Ab Straps)
    100 x 30 *PR* +5 Reps, Last rep was held.
    120 x 30 *PR* Last rep was held.
    150 x 14 *PR* +8 Reps, Last rep was held.
    160 x 11 *PR*
    1-Arm DB Row (Leg on bench)- Was too spent from all the previous exercises, still got in a set even though i didn't beat last week.
    130 x 10
    DB Shrugs- Tried doing these a little differently, used lighter weight and more reps.
    50 x 12
    60 x 50 *PR*
    DB Concentration Curls- Rest pause and negatives utilized.
    15 x 100 *HUGE PR* I initially was just going to aim for 50 or 75 but i literally just grinded them out. Probably the most pain I've been in ever! Done standing.
    25 x 16 Straight set.
    25 x 7 Straight set.
    45 x 10 *PR* +5 Reps
    Standing Barbell Wrist Curls- Weight is total of 45Lbs bar + plates.
    45 x 100 *PR* +25 Reps
    Standing DB Hammer Curls- Got 2 sets in.
    40 x 23 *PR* +2 Reps
    45 x 21 *PR*
    Rope Row (AKA Face Pull)- I did a variation of these but i pulled down a little more to hit the teres major/rear delt felt awesome.
    30 x 10 *PR*
    30 x 12 *PR*
    EZ Bar Cable Curls- Used these last 2 cable exercises to kill it all!
    50 x 8 *PR*
    70 x 10 *PR*

Pre-Workout: GNC NO Loaded 1 scoop, I think i probably have a week or so of this stuff left.
    Intra-Workout: 4 Scoops AI RecoverPro Lemon flavored.
    Post-Workout: 4 scoops EAS Whey + 1 Cup Whole Grain Oats.
    Afterthoughts: I handled the extra volume today very well, still had good energy but my strength was down towards the end. It's probably honestly because i needed more water, easy enough i'll just drink more water! I also tried a contrast shower today PWO and i noticed a small decrease in my leg soreness which is pretty cool. I'll keep doing them and see how i feel in a week or so, I'll be posting pic's up this weekend as well to show my progress. I swear i'm becoming a lot more filled out/bigger as i'm getting leaner. Now since i have my diet stable and fat loss is consistent, it's only a matter of time! I'm excited to see how my body will adapt over the next few weeks. Until then..
    Keep training hard!

-thetinyguy
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Sorry for the late entry, but I'm SUBd, catching up with it all as we speak!!!
    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.

Good work on those pull-ups bro! I like "the FACE PULL" sounds beasty haha! keep it up. Looking forward to reading "Pull-Up 3x10 Unassisted"
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/252210-greens-climb-top.html#post4548443
  16. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDoc View Post
    Sorry for the late entry, but I'm SUBd, catching up with it all as we speak!!!

Thanks for the support!

Good work on those pull-ups bro! I like "the FACE PULL" sounds beasty haha! keep it up. Looking forward to reading "Pull-Up 3x10 Unassisted"
    Thanks man, i'm pumped to start getting unassisted pull-ups. I might start doing them with a small "kip" but either way it's my body weight! Yeah the face pulls are pretty awesome, I'm looking forward to weighted pull ups soon
  17. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

DIET BREAKDOWN 6/29/11
    Calories:2900
    Protein:356 Grams (including BCAA's)
  18. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

Diet Breakdown 6/30/11
    Calories:2710
    Protein:293 Grams

Notes: DOMS is really starting to kick in in my back/bi's. It's funny because this morning i was perfectly fine but now i find myself sore as hell! That extra volume definitely had an impact, I'll be incorporating more volume into Chest/Shoulders/Tri's tomorrow as well considering they all feel like they are lagging (Especially shoulders) Well folks, tomorrow is going to be a veryyy long day. I plan to throw at LEAST 1/2 sets on the exercises i have and i also plan to add in: Cable Crossovers, Close Grip Bench w/barbell, Seated Barbell OH Press and decline skull crushers. Looking forward to these new exercises tomorrow
  19. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

Holllllyyyyyy sh****t, let me just tell you guys that i just had the best Chest/Shoulders/Tri's workout EVER. Even with all that added volume i did it in LESS time than before!! I seriously felt like i didn't even need rest between sets. This increase in testosterone is making a HUGGEE difference, i seriously can't even fathom how crazy i would be on gear. EVERYTHING FEELS LIKE ITS ABOUT TO BLOW THE FCK UP!! After my workout i had to stop and get gas and this Speedway was packed, Never been stared at so much in my life but i gotta say it felt good Will post diet/workout numbers later tonight as i'm gonna go to a fireworks festival. Time to do some eating!
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.

Dude you're so pumped it's making me pumped ha! I think I'll go do some push-ups!!

4wk Androhard/Androlean 4wkPCT log
  21. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

Dude you're so pumped it's making me pumped ha! I think I'll go do some push-ups!!

4wk Androhard/Androlean 4wkPCT log
    GOOD THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I WANT TO DO TO EVERYONE!! Cable Crossovers are my new favorite chest exercise, it's such an intense contraction feeling it's wild and i like to do them pulling my arms forward like a normal fly, I see a lot of people doing them down and across. I tried to go straight out in front of me and across i felt it a ton better.
  22. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

Chest/Shoulders/Tri's 7/1/11
    Duration: approx. 1 hour 45 min.
    Mood: Very happy to do these new exercises and more overall volume, I feel like at first smaller amounts of volume worked but i feel i have more in me for C/S/T's so i just went all out today.
    Energy: Solid, very focused and excited.
    Other notes: My main focus today was to get all the movements down, Just all this extra volume did everything in for the day. After i smash the first 3 exercises i tend to start losing some focus, I can still push really hard but after i ran through a few exercises i would just concentrate as hard as i could on contracting the muscle. With the initial heavy compound movements down i feel i'll benefit more from just focusing on the new exercise movements with control and precision.
    Lifts:
    Slight Incline DB Press- Got another 5 sets in of this today, I also started pressing with my elbows out just a little bit more. This weird arch you have to do when tucking your elbows makes me lose sight of what i'm actually contracting. I know it is supposedly going to "save" my shoulders but i want my upper chest to grow and that's what i'm here to do.
    30 x 50 *PR*
    45 x 10
    50 x 10
    60 x 11 *PR* +1 Rep
    70 x 10 *PR* +4 Reps
    Decline Bench- Decided to just hit the heavy set and hit the high rep lockout set.
    175 x 50 *PR* Rest/Pause utilized and held last rep. The fact i was in decline the entire time made it harder because all the blood was rushing to my head, When i finished the set my eyes were bloodshot
    195 x 10 - This was a mistake set, i thought this was the weight i used last week -_- I don't mind though all these new exercises were awesome.
    225 x 9 *PR* +3 Reps Was very happy to get this considering last week i couldn't even budge on 6 reps. Progress is prominent!
    Cable Crossovers- Now my favorite chest isolation exercise, In my opinion DB fly's don't even come close! Did these very controlled. Next time i'm going to add 2 more sets in, if i had it my way i would have done 10 sets of these but i knew i'd need the energy for the rest of the session.
    40 x 10 *PR*
    45 x 6 *PR*
    Seated Barbell Overhead Press(Strict)- My goal for this added exercise was to use more control and considering i'm using dumbbells too, i'm getting the best of both worlds. Felt awkward at first but got it down.
    65 x 13 *PR* Never done these before yes i know i'm super weak!
    95 x 6 *PR*
    Notes: I like the feel of this exercise.
    Seated DB Overhead Press- Couldn't get a new heavy PR..not sure why but again who really cares with all this new volume!
    30 x 18 *PR*
    50 x 9 - 1 less rep but considering i added in BB OH Press i think i would have gotten it if i did it first. Anyways, no excuses for next workout!!
    DB Laterals- The best exercise of all time haha
    15 x 70 *PR* Had to take a few super mini breaks lasting about 2-3 seconds..
    35 x 22 *PR* +4 Reps
    50 x 20 *PR* +8 Reps
    55 x 11 *PR*
    Close Grip Bench Press(Strict)- This is such an awesome exercise, Felt my triceps literally get engorged with blood and they looked nasty pumped up. Definitely making this a staple!!
    95 x 11 *PR* Slow and full ranged because my elbows are tucked in so much, It's kind of goofy how the bar travels up since its a wide arch.
    115 x 5 *PR*
    Notes: Favorite next to Xovers!
    Dips- 1 Set mostly to acclimate the new volume for tri's, I don't want to tear anything
    BW x 6
    Notes: No improvement..
    Decline Skullcrushers- So awesome!! Barely used any weight but felt it really well in the long head of the tricep which is the one I've been striving to develop more.
    20 x 20 *PR* Used CLOSE grip
    40 x 8
    40 x 10 *PR*
    EZ Bar Push Downs- FINISH THEM!! (Mortal Kombat reference)
    50 x 16
    75 x 9 *PR* Rest/Pause utilized.

Pre-Workout: 1 scoop GNC N.O. Loaded in not so good tasting blueberry... Good energy though!
    Intra-Workout: 4 scoops RecoverPRO lemon flavored goooooooood
    Post-Workout: 10G Dymatize Creatine, 4 scoops EAS Whey
    Afterthoughts: Great workout today, it was really tough but i stuck through it! Also today for some reason i find myself in a verryyyy high protein amount so far. I had a ton of BCAA's today but they're saving me a ton of money since i have 6 tubs of RecoverPro, i mean what supplement can you honestly be confident enough to buy 6 tubs of? Anyways i'm gassed right now and i'm going to bed. Will throw up the calories/protein for the day!
    TRAIN HARD

-thetinyguy
  23. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

Diet Breakdown 7/1/11
    Calories:2800 (Possibly 3000 today was kind of all over the place i went to a fireworks festival and had a beer so kind of unsure, Still under maintenance!)
    Protein: In the range of 350 - 400+ Grams, I've got 439G down right now but i'm finding it hard for myself to believe. I know 10G BCAA's = 40G Protein but sheesh this is a ton!
    Notes: Even though RecoverPro tastes great, i need to chill out on the stuff! haha
  24. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.

Hey bro not sure if you saw this or not but AI Nutrition has a 50% of EVERYTHING sale going on...I took full advantage (threw in some recover pro too since ya talked it up ha!)

Check it out

50% off ALL AI Sports Nutrition Products Christmas in July 5 days only
  25. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

Hey bro not sure if you saw this or not but AI Nutrition has a 50% of EVERYTHING sale going on...I took full advantage (threw in some recover pro too since ya talked it up ha!)

Check it out

50% off ALL AI Sports Nutrition Products Christmas in July 5 days only
    I got something in the mail about it but the thing that sucks is i'm still short on cash right now. I really want to try TestoPro and some of that new stuff but i guess i'll just have to wait.. But i'm still super happy i have these 5 tubs left of RecoverPro because they help a sh*t ton, helps me hit my protein for the day without excess calories as well.
  26. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

Will be posting up progress pic's later today! I see a difference in my waist and i see some more detail in my legs. I can't wait until i get super lean this will be the first time ever, it'll take a little while but it doesn't bother me
  27. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  258 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by thetinyguy
    I know 10G BCAA's = 40G Protein but sheesh this is a ton!
    You sure about that bro? Not trying to be a prick, just want to verify.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve

Recoverbro
  28. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.

Hmmm I didn't catch that either. I know bcaa help with protein synthesis, but I dont see any protein in the recoverpro matrix.
  29. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

"well anabolic wise you are probably looking at about 20-30g of BCAA being equivalent to 90g protein in terms of stimulation of MPS." Layne Norton PH.D
    Post # 1711 http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...Norton/page101

I know it sounds goofy but it does make sense, John Smeton also gave me very similar numbers as well. So that's where I've been figuring my numbers and i have been growing so i believe they're accurate

So to be honest i think whey/casein/food proteins are good but if your on a budget BCAA's are way more efficient in the sense they provide more protein synthesis for less $$. Food and protein are still good though! I have a mixture of both.
  30. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

I use the lower end of Layne's numbers, I think when he says 20-30g of BCAA he means that say one BCAA supplement has less leucine? For now i'm just going 10G RecoverPro = 40G Protein John Smeton from AI gave me this number too so i believe it, Servings are 6G so say you have 3 scoops that would be 18G BCAA the equivalent to 72G Protein in terms of Protein synthesis. More than one way to skin a cat
  31. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

First Pic is today 7/2/11 (Forgot to weigh myself this morning) After carbs/creatine/water
    Second Pic is 2 weeks ago. 6/18/11 No carbs/creatine

I see some small improvements, i should have picked better lighting for these but i'll just go with it for now. Love handles are smaller, arms/chest/shoulders/forearms look fuller. Very miniscule changes fat wise but i do feel different, My goal isn't to drop BF extremely fast anyways, my goal is to get stronger while cutting which is a great success so far. I have a very good feeling that after i'm done dieting my body is going to respond very well to extra calories. I'm happy with my progress thus far!
    Attached Images Attached Images   
  32. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

Diet Breakdown 7/2/11
    Calories: 2500
    Protein: 355 Grams

Tomorrow: Leg Day!
  33. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

You want to know what's badass? I added 50lbs to my squat in 1 week Pushed even harder today!! At one point on leg extensions i felt this tiny little tear feeling but i'm 100% it's scar tissue because it felt very similar to when i felt it in my calf when stretching. I love squats so much, i had to dig deep to improve but i love doing it because i prove to myself every workout that there is more to me than i know. Will post numbers later!
  34. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

Leg Day!! 6/27/11
    Duration: approx. 1 hour 40min.
    Mood: Anxious to see how i would do this week with full squats!
    Energy: Very high once again.
    Other notes: For some reason i got almost an adrenaline like feel before squatting today, i couldn't control my breathing very well and i started to feel very antsy. It was the craziest feeling ever, i literally felt like i wanted to rip the bar in half.
    Lifts:
    Barbell Back Squats- in Power Rack with safety pins set at 4th pin. Pushed VERY hard today and added 50lbs on my full squat from last week
    135 x 20 *PR* +4 Reps
    155 x 20 *PR* +14 Reps, This was the set i proved i have more in me, I sounded like i was being tortured in the corner of the gym, My breath was rapid and my eyes bloodshot but i kept pushing forward. No doubt i can go farther.
    185 x 10 *PR* I actually thought this was 175! Haha
    205 x 4 *PR* This set was last too! I honestly think i could get 10-20 if i hit it 2nd set in!
    Notes: Got improvement? Felt a lot more comfortable with these this week.
    Lying Leg Curls- Pretty tricky to bust out some more PR's on this after a hard 4 sets of squats.
    90 x 20 *PR* +5 Reps
    105 x 13 *PR* +1 Rep
    120 x 10 *PR* +3 Reps
    Seated Leg Extensions *Plate Loaded*- These are hard, Rest/Pause, Held peak contraction, Emphasized negatives..
    255 x 6
    260 x 6 *PR* +1 Set
    260 x 20 *PR* Rest/Pause utilized with held contractions.
    Notes: Still sticking with sets until i can get 6 reps!
    45 Degree Seated Calve Raises- Stayed in heavy sets with last rep static holds. Didn't burn as much but i used heavier weight + more controlled reps.
    195 x 22 *PR*
    195 x 15
    195 x 12
    195 x 10
    195 x 8
    150 x 8
    Notes: Seeing a difference in my calves from these

Pre-Workout: GNC N.O. Loaded 1 Scoop - 1 MORE SERVING LEFT!!
    Intra-Workout: AI RecoverPro 4 Scoops
    Post-Workout: 10G Dymatize Creatine, 4 Scoops EAS Whey
    Afterthoughts: Not a lot today, just a simple goal to get in and try as hard as i possibly can. You'd be amazed how much you can accomplish JUST by trying harder!! Easier said then done though... It takes a lot of guts and determination, it'll hurt/burn/ache but it's worth it all in the end. There is literally no limit to how hard you can try because just doing more and more each week will put you on an entire different level than everyone else and will show on your physique.
    TRAIN HARD!!

-thetinyguy
  35. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

Diet Breakdown 7/3/11
    Calories: 3140
    Protein: 341 Grams

Tomorrow: 4th of July BBQ!!

Enjoy it!
  36. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

Diet Breakdown 7/4/11
    Calories: 2650 *Approx* Today and yesterday were pretty crappy days for my diet because of a party and a bbq today. Tomorrow i'll be right back on track, I did run around a lot today for about 3 hours playing catch with frisbee's and footballs so i'm not too worried about hitting this today.
    Protein: 316 Grams

Tomorrow: Back/Bi's, Feeling ready to go!
  37. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.

Back on the weights today brother!!

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/primo...androlean.html
  38. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

Back on the weights today brother!!

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/primo...androlean.html
    yeahhhhh buddyyyyyy "Ronnie Coleman" haha so pumped to lift today
  39. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

Today was another extremely successful session, added weight to all exercise AND added sets! Was in the gym for about 2 Hours 30 Minutes today with no problems at all. I can feel my body adapting to the extra volume it's awesome, That whole "YOUR TEST LEVELS DROP AFTER 45MIN - 1 HOUR SO STOP THEN BECAUSE CORTISOL LEVELS INCREASE" is absolute horse sh*t at least for me, more volume is equaling BETTER lifts and MORE endurance. I might need a week off in a month or so but that's no big deal what so ever. An example is 2 Weeks ago i had a rough time with 1 arm db rows with 130lb dumbbells for 12 with rest/pause and now i sailed through 3 sets of 130 with the first set me KILLING my old PR with 130 x 14 both arms and only a few reps i needed rest pause, So a MAJOR improvement even considering i smashed my pull-up pr's as well. Posting up numbers soon!
  40. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

Back/Bi's 7/5/11
    Duration: approx. 2 hours 30 min.
    Mood: Happy to get to training!
    Energy: Very good, sustained it through the entire workout.
    Other notes: Added sets to exercises and increase the weight as well, Contrary to popular belief i seem to be improving better with more and more volume!
    Lifts
    Assisted Overhand Wide-Grip Pull Ups- Straps used. Getting very close to unassisted!!
    -100 x 9
    -40 x 7
    -30 x 12 *PR* Utilized 2 Negatives.
    -20 x 12 *PR* +3 Reps +1 Negative.
    Notes: I was planning on trying unassisted today but i had a weird feeling in my shoulder so i decided to stick with assisted for another workout. Also usually i drop down to a 6 rep set but as mentioned my shoulder was bothering me.
    Assisted Hammer-Grip Pull Ups- Straps used.
    -60 x 9
    -50 x 10 *PR* +1 Negative.
    -40 x 10 *PR*
    Lat Isolation Pulldowns(Using Ab Straps)
    120 x 50 *PR* +20 Reps, My guess is because i didn't do lower rep sets on pull-ups is why i improved on these either way very satisfied.
    140 x 20 *PR*
    160 x 15 *PR* +4 Reps
    170 x 11 *PR*
    1-Arm DB Row (Leg on bench)- Feeling really strong at this point!
    130 x 6
    130 x 8
    130 x 14 *PR* +2 Reps
    Notes: +2 Sets!
    DB Shrugs- Did higher reps today.
    70 x 50 *PR*
    100 x 26 *PR* +10 Reps
    DB Concentration Curls- Rest pause and negatives utilized.
    20 x 64 *PR* Done standing these are money makers so far!
    30 x 14
    40 x 4
    50 x 5 Negatives. *PR*
    Standing Barbell Wrist Curls- Weight is total of 45Lbs bar + plates.
    65 x ? *PR* Did something different today, i consider this a HELL set haha Pretty much what i did was rep out as many as i could then hold the last rep, set the bar down for 3-5 seconds and crank out more. Tried to get around 150 it sucks so much but i really don't think there's anything beyond this that will make them grow as far as rep wise.
    Standing DB Hammer Curls- 3 Sets today!
    50 x 10
    50 x 10
    50 x 23 *PR*
    Notes: +1 New set and +1 Heavy set.
    Rope Row (AKA Face Pull)- I did a variation of these but i pulled down a little more to hit the teres major/rear delt felt awesome. Slow and controlled.
    40 x 14 *PR*
    45 x 12 *PR*
    EZ Bar Cable Curls- Slow and controlled.
    70 x 6
    75 x 8
    75 x 10 *PR*
    Notes: +1 Set

Pre-Workout: GNC N.O. Loaded 1 Scoop, Finished the tub today! From now on i will be using Nutrex Hemo-Rage Ultra Concentrate!
    Intra-Workout: 4 Scoops AI RecoverPro Lemon flavored.
    Post-Workout: 10G Dymatize Creatine, 4 Scoops EAS Whey.
    Afterthoughts: With today being pretty much my longest workout to date, I feel i should note exactly how i felt/performed today as it dispels a lot of this "Overtraining"
    controversy. First i'll say I've WORKED UP to this level and it's been months and months of gradual increase in volume. I also feel I've gotten stronger gains while cutting then when i actually bulked using volume a little below what i'm currently using. As crazy as this sounds i see a ton of difference in the past 2 weeks in how i perform on longer sessions, i think if i actually had some kind of carbohydrate to sip on during a workout that i could train way longer. I've decided that i'll stick with this 1 on/1 off training style so i have a day to recover for the next workout. I'll gradually increase volume as time goes on as long as i still see progress. My arms seem to be responding a lot better with this extra volume as well! The fact i'm making better strength gains while even in a calorie deficit is making this impossible to ignore, If i was on a small caloric surplus i really could see myself blowing up again! Either way i'm sticking to this while increasing volume slightly/weight slightly, I'm leaning out as time goes on as well! It feels good that i'm really close to having abs but i will still pursue sub 10% BF levels before i get ready to experiment with some extra calories.
    CHEERS!

-thetinyguy
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Xtreme Caution Labs - Caution log
    By Cellardude in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-22-2010, 11:33 PM
  2. Overtraining vs. Training too little
    By Soopaman in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-23-2008, 09:37 AM
  3. Basement training to gym Am i overtraining HELP
    By poacher in forum 35 and Older