thetinyguy's ALL OUT training log!! *CAUTION OVERTRAINING*

Page 2 of 30 First 1234 ... Last

1. Diet Breakdown 6/15/11
    (Maintenance is 3700)
    Calories:3290
    Protein: 317 Grams
    I hope everybody thinks i'm crazy, because you cannot be a sane person and go through the type of pain i am willing to put myself through to be where i want to be, Once I completely win the war between my mind and body, my reign will begin. ~Me

2. Diet Breakdown 6/16/11
    (Maintenance is 3700)
    Calories:3200
    Protein: 291 Grams
    Side Note: Feeling a lot better from the extra calories and to be completely honest i see a difference size wise. Must be the extra carbs or maybe from using a new combination of slower tempo and Half reps (not on legs).

Tomorrow: Back/Bi's, Going to experiment with a different range of motion with the slow tempo and see how it goes tomorrow.
    Also possibly switching/adding in ez bar "cheat" curls. Probably will just add it in.
    I hope everybody thinks i'm crazy, because you cannot be a sane person and go through the type of pain i am willing to put myself through to be where i want to be, Once I completely win the war between my mind and body, my reign will begin. ~Me
    •   

3. Back/Bi's 6/17/11
    Duration: approx. 1 hour 30 min.
    Mood: Anxious to lift and increase intensity! Pumped up!
    Energy: Solid and felt really really confident.
    Other notes: Emphasized a lot of rest/pause and cheat reps today. It was EXTREMELY successful i feel so tired right now i want to sleep but i'm sure this hugeeeee meal will make me feel better!
    Lifts
    Assisted Overhand Wide-Grip Pull Ups- Used straps today one these to try to focus more on my back contracting rather than my elbow flexors.
    -90 x 20 *PR* Rest pause utilized.
    -70 x 10 *PR*
    -50 x 5 *PR* Rest pause utilized.
    Assisted Hammer-Grip Pull Ups- Straps also used to help isolate back.
    -100 x 10 *PR* +4 Reps
    -90 x 10 *PR*
    -70 x 8 *PR*
    Lat Isolation Pulldowns (Using Ab Straps)
    140 x 8 *PR* Used cheat reps and held last rep as long as i could.
    130 x 14 *PR* +5 Reps
    100 x 33 *PR* Also held last rep.
    70 x 60 *PR*
    1-Arm DB Row (Leg on bench)
    130 x 8 *PR* Utilized rest pause and was a KILLER SET!
    110 x 12 *PR* Also used rest pause, was so tired after these 2 sets i had to take a couple minutes to prepare for shrugs!
    DB Shrugs
    90 x 21 *PR* Cutting down the volume (set wise) for traps since i hit them with other back movements plus i want to stay somewhat in proportion.
    DB Concentration Curls- Rest pause and negatives utilized, My bi's were fried from all the heavy rowing and pull ups by now so i only did 1 heavy set.
    5 x 100 *PR* +25 Reps, Did these high rep sets standing.
    10 x 50 *PR* +20 Reps, Also done standing.
    40 x 7 *PR* +3 Reps, Rest Pause and accentuated negatives.
    Standing Barbell Wrist Curls- Weight is total of 45Lbs bar + plates.
    55 x 50
    55 x 30
    55 x 25
    Drop set to 45Lb bar only.
    Standing DB Hammer Curls 1 all out set, cheating included with rest pause. Was F*CKING CRAZY!!
    35 x 30 *PR*

Pre-Workout: GNC N.O. Loaded used again. I'm very happy i'm not building up a tolerance to all this stuff
    Intra-Workout: Lemon RecoverPRO 3 scoops!
    Post-Workout: Muscle-Tech Cell-Tech 2 scoops.
    After Thoughts: Crazy session i was so focused i started to ramble to myself but i could care less with all the progress i'm making. Everytime i get in the gym i just TRY harder, So even though i may be using a heavier weight i still try to get more reps no matter WHAT! My forearms are killing me just typing this as well!
    Side Notes: I need to remember to slowly lower the dumbbells on 1-arm DB rows because i felt a little irritation in my right elbow but it isn't bad at all. Just a reminder to myself that even though i want to drop the stupid DB after the set to just slowly lower it.
    Really exhausted about to go eat EPIC amounts of food!!! These extra few hundred calories are making a HUGE difference.
    TRAIN HARD!!

-thetinyguy

4. Quote Originally Posted by thetinyguy View Post
    Diet Breakdown 6/16/11
    (Maintenance is 3700)
    Calories:3200
    Protein: 291 Grams
    Side Note: Feeling a lot better from the extra calories and to be completely honest i see a difference size wise. Must be the extra carbs or maybe from using a new combination of slower tempo and Half reps (not on legs).

Tomorrow: Back/Bi's, Going to experiment with a different range of motion with the slow tempo and see how it goes tomorrow.
    Also possibly switching/adding in ez bar "cheat" curls. Probably will just add it in.
    Its the extra calories, Youll be surprised how an extra 100 carbs can make you feel and recover. Dont go like this all the time though or it equals fat gain. ever cycle calories?

Quote Originally Posted by thetinyguy View Post
    Back/Bi's 6/17/11
    Duration: approx. 1 hour 30 min.
    Mood: Anxious to lift and increase intensity! Pumped up!
    Energy: Solid and felt really really confident.
    Other notes: Emphasized a lot of rest/pause and cheat reps today. It was EXTREMELY successful i feel so tired right now i want to sleep but i'm sure this hugeeeee meal will make me feel better!
    Lifts
    Assisted Overhand Wide-Grip Pull Ups- Used straps today one these to try to focus more on my back contracting rather than my elbow flexors.
    -90 x 20 *PR* Rest pause utilized.
    -70 x 10 *PR*
    -50 x 5 *PR* Rest pause utilized.
    Assisted Hammer-Grip Pull Ups- Straps also used to help isolate back.
    -100 x 10 *PR* +4 Reps
    -90 x 10 *PR*
    -70 x 8 *PR*
    Lat Isolation Pulldowns (Using Ab Straps)
    140 x 8 *PR* Used cheat reps and held last rep as long as i could.
    130 x 14 *PR* +5 Reps
    100 x 33 *PR* Also held last rep.
    70 x 60 *PR*
    1-Arm DB Row (Leg on bench)
    130 x 8 *PR* Utilized rest pause and was a KILLER SET!
    110 x 12 *PR* Also used rest pause, was so tired after these 2 sets i had to take a couple minutes to prepare for shrugs!
    DB Shrugs
    90 x 21 *PR* Cutting down the volume (set wise) for traps since i hit them with other back movements plus i want to stay somewhat in proportion.
    DB Concentration Curls- Rest pause and negatives utilized, My bi's were fried from all the heavy rowing and pull ups by now so i only did 1 heavy set.
    5 x 100 *PR* +25 Reps, Did these high rep sets standing.
    10 x 50 *PR* +20 Reps, Also done standing.
    40 x 7 *PR* +3 Reps, Rest Pause and accentuated negatives.
    Standing Barbell Wrist Curls- Weight is total of 45Lbs bar + plates.
    55 x 50
    55 x 30
    55 x 25
    Drop set to 45Lb bar only.
    Standing DB Hammer Curls 1 all out set, cheating included with rest pause. Was F*CKING CRAZY!!
    35 x 30 *PR*

Pre-Workout: GNC N.O. Loaded used again. I'm very happy i'm not building up a tolerance to all this stuff
    Intra-Workout: Lemon RecoverPRO 3 scoops!
    Post-Workout: Muscle-Tech Cell-Tech 2 scoops.
    After Thoughts: Crazy session i was so focused i started to ramble to myself but i could care less with all the progress i'm making. Everytime i get in the gym i just TRY harder, So even though i may be using a heavier weight i still try to get more reps no matter WHAT! My forearms are killing me just typing this as well!
    Side Notes: I need to remember to slowly lower the dumbbells on 1-arm DB rows because i felt a little irritation in my right elbow but it isn't bad at all. Just a reminder to myself that even though i want to drop the stupid DB after the set to just slowly lower it.
    Really exhausted about to go eat EPIC amounts of food!!! These extra few hundred calories are making a HUGE difference.
    TRAIN HARD!!

-thetinyguy
    Nice workout , supplementation and nutrition

how is the sleep?
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness

5. At one point I added a cup of brown rice to my pre-workout meal, and it was unbelievable the amount of energy and stamina it supplied. Sometimes I think food is the best Supplement (at an affordable price too).

Log looks good bro, Im loving the details
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/252210-greens-climb-top.html#post4548443

6. Quote Originally Posted by John Smeton View Post
    Its the extra calories, Youll be surprised how an extra 100 carbs can make you feel and recover. Dont go like this all the time though or it equals fat gain. ever cycle calories?

Nice workout , supplementation and nutrition

how is the sleep?
    Honestly i don't think i'll need another 100g carbs, i'm still not eating close to maintenance but it is making a huge difference. I'm now just aiming for a 500 deficit each day and i'll probably stick to it until i'm done dieting.

My sleep is pretty good, Sometimes i have a hard time falling asleep but it's been getting better. A good 7-8 hours on average.

7. Quote Originally Posted by TurningGreen View Post
    At one point I added a cup of brown rice to my pre-workout meal, and it was unbelievable the amount of energy and stamina it supplied. Sometimes I think food is the best Supplement (at an affordable price too).

Log looks good bro, Im loving the details
    Hell yeah my pre-workout meal is 1 cup whole grain oats and it's been such a staple that i literally haven't changed it at all with the exception of a little bit of brown sugar I agree, food is a vital player in everything.

Glad you like it! I'm trying to be as descriptive as i can, It takes a little longer but it's worth it.

8. Diet Breakdown 6/17/11
    (Maintenance is 3700 Calories)
    Calories: 3360 (a little over for the day but not too worried about it as today was probably the most intense back/bi day yet!)
    Protein: 300 Grams
    Tomorrow: Cardio and stretching

9. Just checking in Tiny, your doing a great job! Love the details.
    7-8 hours of good sleep is just about perfect, true some ppl need more and some less but it's the ideal range for recuperation and optimal test levels
    [email protected]
    http://www.facebook.com/Athleticxtreme
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

10. Quote Originally Posted by Mrodz View Post
    Just checking in Tiny, your doing a great job! Love the details.
    7-8 hours of good sleep is just about perfect, true some ppl need more and some less but it's the ideal range for recuperation and optimal test levels
    Thanks! I'm doing the best i can, i'll be posting some new pic's up this weekend too. I love sleeping a lot too today i decided to just sleep in for once, My back is SORE haha
    •   

11. Pic's!
    First is 2 weeks ago on 6/4/11
    Next was today
    Not really expecting a drastic difference but i didn't realize the lighting was also different so for the sake of accuracy i'll make sure i take almost the same pic/pose every 2 weeks.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

12. I'm also gonna go out on a limb and say that Full range didn't really do anything for me except maybe even make me regress. Here is a pic just before i started using full range, I was still using HIT sets principles but with my ROM and i was getting into some pretty heavy weight which is why i got scared into full range but what really needs tweaking is tempo and exercise execution. At this point i was doing pressing movements down until my arms were in a right angle. It might also be the lighting and the fact that i had more fat on me but who knows. I think my best option at this point is to use what worked before and tweak it with slower controlled reps and better form setup, I'm extremely confident this will work very well!

**EDIT** Upon looking at another set of pic's before/after HIT and Full Range reps i see a noticeable difference in the chest. HIT actually helped me out a good amount to recover kind of like a "deload" month but as soon as full range was thrown in that month my chest looks noticeably smaller. This change happened BEFORE i started grinding down on diet/cardio so i don't believe it's caused by dieting/fat loss so much. Good thing i looked it up!
    Also goes to show you that the "Guidelines" to lift weights are specific to individuals and shouldn't be overly emphasized/justified to everyone. I can see it being a good way to learn the movement of the exercise that's about it for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

13. Diet Breakdown 6/18/11
    (Maintenance is 3700 calories)
    Calories: 3280
    Protein: 296 Grams

Tomorrow is Chest/Shoulders/Tri's, Going to remove DB flys and do slight incline DB press so i can hit my upper chest a lot better. I'm also considering swapping out pushdowns for close grip bench. So pretty much removing some isolation exercises. Not 100% sure on this yet though. Well see tomorrow

14. Morning weight as of 6/19/11 is 228.2Lbs (+2lbs)

Now i don't really have to say anything as I've been in a caloric deficit along with doing cardio so those 2lbs aint fat I can also see subtle differences in my physique now like everything seems to be growing/filling out which makes me happy! I put so much effort into my sessions so i'm glad that the extra calories were the missing key. I'm looking slightly leaner every day as well, Really really looking forward to Chest/Shoulders/Tri's today i'm gonna focus primarily on squeezing my upper chest.

15. I was wondering if you were doing any carb loading to meet your maintenance calories? I usually load up to my maintenance every fourth or fifth day, for example day 1-3 I eat 2,382 cal. (low carbs, less than 100g) then day four I eat 3,402 cal. (the extra 1,020 cal. from carbs) then back to 2,382 cal. (low carb)...and repeat. Its like throwing gasoline on your metabolism.

4wk Androhard/Androlean 4wkPCT log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/252210-greens-climb-top.html#post4548443

16. Quote Originally Posted by TurningGreen View Post
    I was wondering if you were doing any carb loading to meet your maintenance calories? I usually load up to my maintenance every fourth or fifth day, for example day 1-3 I eat 2,382 cal. (low carbs, less than 100g) then day four I eat 3,402 cal. (the extra 1,020 cal. from carbs) then back to 2,382 cal. (low carb)...and repeat. Its like throwing gasoline on your metabolism.

Actually i haven't tried that, Sounds really interesting i'll give it a shot sooner or later! For now i don't think i'll need it because i'm KILLING these sessions! (even that's an understatement) Really really satisfied with how things are going.

17. Chest/Shoulders/Tri's 6/19/11
    Duration: approx. 1 hour 45 min.
    Mood: AWESOME, Going back and combining the old & the new today made everything EPIC.
    Energy: Extremely solid again!
    Other notes: Rotated out incline bench as i do not feel/see progress from my upper chest which I've been doing for a good 3/4 months, started doing slight incline DB presses and they worked EXTREMELY well after only 1 set! Had a huge upper chest pump and for the first time EVER felt i have isolated it successfully!
    Lifts:
    Slight Incline DB Press-What i decided to start doing is pull my shoulders up almost like a shrug and press with my elbows tucked somewhat to my sides. I RECOMMEND if you have problems with upper chest just to try this at least once I've never had such a feeling of contraction in the upper chest than with this. Dumbbells recommended as you can really focus on the contraction! This worked so well i didn't feel it in my mid/lower chest at ALL that's how well it contracts! Also before you even try an upper chest exercise put your arms in front of you and squeeze your chest, Now try shrugging your shoulders and do the same with one hand on your upper chest, Chances are it's contracted that's the feel you want on this movement! Oh and focus on pressing the dumbbells up above your forehead at the top of the movement. Like an arch from bottom to top.
    20 x 60 *PR* Pump Set, Did this first to get the "feel" for the contraction of upper chest.
    45 x 16 *PR* Slow/Controlled
    55 x 8 *PR* Slow/Controlled
    60 x 6 *PR* Slow/Controlled
    Decline Bench-Did these with slow/controlled shorter range of motion reps and WOW my arms were shaking like crazy but NO SHOULDER PAIN
    155 x 33 *PR* This was an absolute killer, I focused on banging out as many as possible while slowing down at the bottom to minimize chance of shoulder pain/injury.
    195 x 12 *PR* +7 Reps
    215 x 8 *PR*
    225 x 6 *PR* Still keeping all ranges of reps! 1 second up/3 seconds down.
    Seated DB Overhead Press
    45 x 9 *PR* +4 Reps
    50 x 6 *PR*
    DB Laterals-These sets were pure hell, I don't care what anyone says you pick up a heavy dumbbell and try and "use momentum" to smash out reps. I call BS that it "doesn't stimulate the muscle fibers" My shoulders were CRYING for me to stop! And to be honest i still had SOLID form doing these it's not a super duper perfect form but i could control the weight.
    5 x 100 *PR* +30 Reps. I felt like a damn bird trying to fly away! Haha
    40 x 25 *PR*
    45 x 15 *PR
    Dips (Assisted)- I was so tired at this point, Honestly i know a lot of people will WORSHIP dips but i don't feel like they're for me, I don't feel the contraction that well. I might either switch to close grip bench which has worked well in the past or just drop dips for increased recovery.
    -50 x 9 *PR* +4 Reps
    EZ Bar Pushdowns-New exercise, felt these incredibly well. Probably will be a staple from now on. Rope Pushdowns may be harder but are more difficult to increase the resistance, This is a great substitute for me.
    40 x 30 *PR* Used a 10 second negative on last rep to kill the tri's
    70 x 9 *PR*

Pre-Workout: 1 scoop GNC NO Loaded once again, Provided incredible energy but it should considering there's 400mg of caffeine in 1 scoop!!
    Intra-Workout: AI RecoverPRO 3 scoops!
    Post-Workout: Muscle-Tech Cell Tech 2 scoops + 3 scoops EAS Whey.
    Afterthoughts: I had a HUGE post workout meal, I literally almost couldn't finish it. It was 2 cups of whole grain oats, a little brown sugar and a whey protein shake with peanut butter. Equaled about 1300 calories but i really really felt i needed it, It was also around 110 Carbs 90 Grams protein so i was good to go!
    Also, I do feel exercise form is important in learning the movement and what part of the ROM your comfortable with but at the end of my workout i really don't care how my ROM looks, how much i lift and how "pretty" my form is. Keep in mind i'm not jerking the weights around crazily and being extremely sloppy so no, i feel less at risk of injury with what ROM works best for MY anatomy. I'm there to get in to GROW. I don't like using smaller ROM on legs though but everything else seems to respond very well to my adopted technique. Well just have to see where i end up in the coming weeks! Until then....
    TRAIN HARD!!
    -thetinyguy

18. Thanks for checking in on me bro, Looks like your killin it in the gym again...And i'll say it again, lovin the detail on the log

19. Quote Originally Posted by TurningGreen View Post
    Thanks for checking in on me bro, Looks like your killin it in the gym again...And i'll say it again, lovin the detail on the log

No problem, I'm doing the best i can haha

Glad to hear you enjoy it

20. Diet Breakdown 6/19/11
    (Maintenance is 3700)
    Calories: 3230
    Protein: 347 Grams *This seems a little excessive? Do i honestly need THIS much?*

Tomorrow: Cardio/Stretching

21. Great work keep it up.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition

22. Quote Originally Posted by A_I_Sports_Nutrition View Post
    Great work keep it up.
    Thanks! I'll continue to work as hard as i can to progress and hopefully inspire some of you!

23. Diet Breakdown 6/21/11
    (Maintenance is 3700)
    Calories: 3050
    Protein: 260 Grams

Tomorrow: LEG DAY!!!

24. Man I crushed some legs yesterday...my ass is sore haha. Hit it hard brother, looking forward to checking out todays log.

25. Quote Originally Posted by TurningGreen View Post
    Man I crushed some legs yesterday...my ass is sore haha. Hit it hard brother, looking forward to checking out todays log.

Ahaha yeah i hate that feeling, Pain is progress! (good pain at least) I'm pumped for this session today!

26. Leg Day
    by thetinyguy

"The hours leading up to training are both exciting and nerve-racking because not only am i happy to get into the gym, i'm also somewhat horrified at the effort i'll have to exert to reach that next step, that next level of intensity. Sometimes i find myself feeling nauseous,very nervous or even feel like i'm gonna **** myself but when i stand in front of that barbell i switch into a mindset of borderline insanity to most but it's just that one thing you have to do because last week was 10 reps, now it's time for 20."

27. BEST LEG SESSION EVER!! People are starting to know that i'm really serious about this now, Get ready to see some epic progress. Tweaking my Back/Bi routine for thursday! Will post up my numbers later... HUGE leap in leg progress today to say the least

28. Leg Day!! 6/21/11
    Duration: approx. 1 hour 15min. (Decided to pickup the intensity and not worry about overall sets)
    Mood: Extremely focused and ready to go beyond my limits.
    Energy: Very high, a little nervous but was keeping all my energy focused on squatting.
    Other notes: I think i found a line i shouldn't cross now with squats, When getting those extremely hard slow reps after about 5 of them i started feeling it more in my hip flexor, clearly indicating my quads were done so i stopped the set there. I had already pushed wayyyy wayyy beyond last session and i don't want to risk a tear!
    Lifts:
    Barbell Back Squats-in Power Rack with safety pins set at 3rd pin.
    275 x 16 *PR* +8 Reps, I was going to attempt 20 but like i said at this point things started feeling a little weird.
    295 x 6 *PR* +4 Reps, Was VERY satisfied with getting this after the high reps!! As the weights go up, 1 rep may be extremely substantial so this makes me more than happy.
    295 x 4 *PR* +2 Reps, Again VERY satisfied i still managed 2 more reps!
    Notes: Usually i do 4 sets but these were BALLS OUT so i felt it was good enough.
    Lying Leg Curls- Did these straight sets, no rest pause today. Did half reps after going to failure on strict reps.
    75 x 15 *PR* +4 Reps
    90 x 11 *PR* +3 Reps
    105 x 10 *PR* +5 Reps
    120 x 6 *PR*
    Notes: These, were in an understatement: HELL, i literally get the worst burn in my hammy's so those few extra reps were very very tough.
    Seated Leg Extensions *Plate Loaded*-These are done with 1 second up, then a static hold at top for 2 seconds and then lowered slowly at a count of 4-5 seconds. Rest pause utilized.
    **Did just 1 CRAZY set, Rest-Pause, the whole shmeal**
    220 x 20 *PR* Not only did i add 20lbs i did more reps AND did an excruciatingly painful hold on last rep with super long negative. Sounds were made!!
    45 Degree Seated Calve Raises- Tried staying in heavier weight instead of just drop setting, To be honest all drop setting seems to do for these is make them burn a ton, Not saying that's bad but i figured staying up in weight would be a better idea.
    165 x 11 *PR*
    165 x 22 *PR*
    165 x 19 *PR*

Pre-Workout: 1 scoop GNC NO Loaded again- Taste is so nasty but provides solid energy.
    Intra-Workout: 3 scoops AI RecoverPRO - Was sweating a LOT so i was downing this stuff it was so good between sets
    Post-Workout: 2 scoops Muscle-Tech Cell-Tech and 3 scoops EAS whey. Great stuff
    Afterthoughts: I think today was the hardest i've pushed myself on legs and to be honest, the harder i push myself the better i feel after i DESTROY my last workouts record! Also getting compliments on how i'm "leaning out" which is cool. It's good to see that people realize i mean business. Hopefully i'm inspiring people in the gym and on here because that's what i want to do besides achieving my goals! Until next time...
    TRAIN HARDZ
    -thetinyguy

29. Damn bro...breaking records all day. Sounds like you may be walking like the tin man tomorrow...I'm def feeling my leg workout from yesterday (I love the pain...hurts so good)

30. Quote Originally Posted by TurningGreen View Post
    Damn bro...breaking records all day. Sounds like you may be walking like the tin man tomorrow...I'm def feeling my leg workout from yesterday (I love the pain...hurts so good)
    Yeah it isn't easy by any means but so gratifying when you just try as hard as possible to beat your previous workout, My legs already are hurting in a good way haha

Diet Breakdown 6/21/11
    Calories:3250
    Protein: 315 Grams

Tomorrow: Maybe cardio depending on how my legs feel...

Similar Forum Threads

1. Xtreme Caution Labs - Caution log
    By Cellardude in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-23-2010, 01:33 AM
  2. Overtraining vs. Training too little
    By Soopaman in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-23-2008, 11:37 AM
  3. Basement training to gym Am i overtraining HELP
    By poacher in forum 35 and Older
    Replies: 15