serious muscle loss - AnabolicMinds.com

serious muscle loss

1. New Member

serious muscle loss

hey guys been bodybuilding for about 4 years and put on some serious mass this past summer. 19 years old and went away to college for freshman year. at school i was put on prozac for depression induced by accutane which i took in may. while i took prozac i noticed my chest lost its shape. i have no inner chest anymore and it really does not look how it used to. keep in mind i have a very very gifted chest genetically and it was very well built and had great shape. inner, outer, upper and lower were all built proportionally and it was something i took pride in. it seems now whatever exercises i do i just cant get it back to the way it used to look. ive gotten really self conscious and it made me lose all my motivation in the gym. i eventually stopped going for quite some time and lost 20lbs. of mass. this is the most frustrated i have ever been in my life. i have worked to build my frame for years and it is dissappointing to see it go away for no apparent reason. if you guys have any answers, explanations or opinions on this it would greatly be appreciated. i wanna go see a doctor but im afraid he would not know what the cause was and would just tell me to keep working on it. do you think prozac could have changed my muscle fibers permanently. im scared i might have really screwed up my body and am freaking out. all posts are welcomed. thanks guys!!

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer507 View Post
    hey guys been bodybuilding for about 4 years and put on some serious mass this past summer. 19 years old and went away to college for freshman year. at school i was put on prozac for depression induced by accutane which i took in may. while i took prozac i noticed my chest lost its shape. i have no inner chest anymore and it really does not look how it used to. keep in mind i have a very very gifted chest genetically and it was very well built and had great shape. inner, outer, upper and lower were all built proportionally and it was something i took pride in. it seems now whatever exercises i do i just cant get it back to the way it used to look. ive gotten really self conscious and it made me lose all my motivation in the gym. i eventually stopped going for quite some time and lost 20lbs. of mass. this is the most frustrated i have ever been in my life. i have worked to build my frame for years and it is dissappointing to see it go away for no apparent reason. if you guys have any answers, explanations or opinions on this it would greatly be appreciated. i wanna go see a doctor but im afraid he would not know what the cause was and would just tell me to keep working on it. do you think prozac could have changed my muscle fibers permanently. im scared i might have really screwed up my body and am freaking out. all posts are welcomed. thanks guys!!
    get a FULL HORMONE PANEL..

everything, test free test estradiol e2 t4/t3 fsh/lh ect ect...

anti-depressants can lower test/raise estrogen/prolactin

doctors that think anti-depressants are needed should lose their job... they have no scientific backing whatsoever, and they ONLY mask symptoms AT BEST!

i once had a psychiatrist prescribe me welbutrin, celexa and seroquel and told me that im suffering from bipolar depression..........

turns out my depression was caused by a WHEAT allergy.... stopped eating gluten, and bam... no depression, and better body composition

accutane is harsh sh*t to begin with... i thnk whatever it did to you, the prozac just compounded it
    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysgaining View Post
    I've also done fasting and doseing and felt grealt anabolicness , deffint hunger but I'm stronger than that keep full and vascular and strength gose up
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/177245-swollen87s-training-log.html
  3. New Member

thanks brotha, definitely gonna get those tests done soon. what do you think they would give me if they found out my hormones are out of whack
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer507 View Post
    thanks brotha, definitely gonna get those tests done soon. what do you think they would give me if they found out my hormones are out of whack
    hopefully, they would try to correct the things that are out of wack.... the tests are the only way to know for sure whats really going on

Quote Originally Posted by castro10 View Post
    I believe depression can be elevated from exercise and proper nutrition. Exercise has shown to increase endorphins (happy feeling neurotransmitter) which may be the cause for depression. Good point Swolllen87 on why depression medication should not be given out so easily.
    i see what youre saying about the up and down effect but exercise is one of the only things that is PROVEN to alleviate depression
    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysgaining View Post
    I've also done fasting and doseing and felt grealt anabolicness , deffint hunger but I'm stronger than that keep full and vascular and strength gose up
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/177245-swollen87s-training-log.html

Similar Forum Threads

1. Quick fat loss and little muscle loss?
    By rrm in forum Supplements
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-08-2009, 08:07 PM
  2. weight loss w/o muscle loss
    By axekick in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-14-2006, 02:41 PM
  3. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-27-2006, 07:35 PM
  4. T-3 and muscle loss
    By drei in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 13