3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In my log here ill be tracking my diet and my training, how i feel, all that good stuff.

A little bit about myself in case someone checks in who doesnt know me. 23 years old, married to the most amazing woman ever, and i have a beautiful daughter who is 14 months old. Ive trained consistently for over 8 years now. I have ALWAYS battled with my weight and moreso now with getting super lean, when i was younger it was just being overweight.

My training style is pretty normal reps in the 8-12 range sometimes higher. But i have adopted the thinking of not writing down my weights, i go with what feels good. I dont care much about strength, i go for pump and feel strictly.

Diet...well that is the tricky part. I live in the barracks currently and have to eat chowhall food, which we do not get a very good choice of food but do my best. Apr 6 i am in my own apartment which will make things MUCH easier, and will most likely be adopting a modified Paleo diet. Mainly low carbs high fat with refeeds.

Supplements i wont be listing as thats not what this is about really. Just training, diet, and how i feel. If someone has questions ill answer em though.

Right now this is what my training looks like roughly:

Mon- Emphasis on Back/light chest
Tue-Legs
Wed-Shoulders/Arms
Thu-Off
Friday-Emphasis on chest/light back
Sat-Off
Sun-Off

On the off days ill most likely either take it off completely or do some form of cardio.

Im off to bed though for tonight, will update more tomorrow!

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
First lol. Here to make sure you dont punk out and play some lame flag football lol.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
First lol. Here to make sure you dont punk out and play some lame flag football lol.
Hahahahah welcome bud!

We have been playing powerball lately, gotta love that for PT!

Powerball if anyone is curious is the old game that the show Gladiators used to do where the ball must get into the trash can ( thats what we use anyway ), but we tackle n get crazy with it haha. :bigok:

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In for support and motivation, Josh. You're right - it's not enough to hold yourself accountable to yourself, because you can more easily justify slacking off. Plus, having that support network can help with so much more than just accountability. So this is me here to give you a :buttkick: when you need it! ;)

~Rosie~

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hahahahah welcome bud!

We have been playing powerball lately, gotta love that for PT!

Powerball if anyone is curious is the old game that the show Gladiators used to do where the ball must get into the trash can ( thats what we use anyway ), but we tackle n get crazy with it haha. :bigok:
Dude sign me up for that ish. Def not a game for the AF people I joined for gatorball(?) lol

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In for support and motivation, Josh. You're right - it's not enough to hold yourself accountable to yourself, because you can more easily justify slacking off. Plus, having that support network can help with so much more than just accountability. So this is me here to give you a :buttkick: when you need it! ;)

~Rosie~
Thanks Rosie, glad to have you here! We both know i may need a kick or two! :lol:

Dude sign me up for that ish. Def not a game for the AF people I joined for gatorball(?) lol
Hahaha well come on down, we dont mind extra players!! hahah wth is gatorball?

Alright ladies n gents, fell asleep super early yesterday and took a rest day as well. Today i am moving into my apartment ( finally! ) so things have been busy and diet has been little but nothing bad.

Tonight will be shoulders and arms!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hahaha well come on down, we dont mind extra players!! hahah wth is gatorball?

Alright ladies n gents, fell asleep super early yesterday and took a rest day as well. Today i am moving into my apartment ( finally! ) so things have been busy and diet has been little but nothing bad.

Tonight will be shoulders and arms!
They used a soccer ball and u could kick it around like soccer but u could also catch it. Once you caught the ball though you couldnt move you had to pass it. Plus a goalie. So it was a lot like soccer. They complained because I knocked the ball out of their hands :fool2: I hate soccer lol. But I did get lit up a little by my friend Matt so that was cool.

Glad to hear you got the moving process started. How is the new place?

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Always willing to help a friend out :yup:
Your the best Rosie!

They used a soccer ball and u could kick it around like soccer but u could also catch it. Once you caught the ball though you couldnt move you had to pass it. Plus a goalie. So it was a lot like soccer. They complained because I knocked the ball out of their hands :fool2: I hate soccer lol. But I did get lit up a little by my friend Matt so that was cool.

Glad to hear you got the moving process started. How is the new place?
Hhhmm that is interesting, maybe ill pitch that to the guys in my facility, but add a twist to it, where you can get tackled! Im sure you know how most Marines are! :fool2:

Definitely man i was pretty pumped about it. New place is great! Actualy have food in the fridge that is edible and can cook now, so thats a huge plus!

Ok got in tonight and absolutely murdered Shoulders and Arms.. Pump was rediculous and vascularity is slowly coming back. Strength was definitely up on tricep reverse pushdowns so that was a nice unexpected surprise! Mind muscle connection was great and overall couldnt complain about the workout at all!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok got in tonight and absolutely murdered Shoulders and Arms.. Pump was rediculous and vascularity is slowly coming back. Strength was definitely up on tricep reverse pushdowns so that was a nice unexpected surprise! Mind muscle connection was great and overall couldnt complain about the workout at all!
Gotta love when training goes better than expected :thumbsup:

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Gotta love when training goes better than expected :thumbsup:
No doubt about that!!

Ok everyone, the plan was to workout after work but my workout partner didnt feel to well after work so we decided to put it off until tomorrow. I did get a slight workout from PT today and a little bit of cardio. Nothing crazy though, diets been good. Showing signs of some leaning up.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
PRESENT!!!

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sub'd!! You know I got your back! Let's do it

:usa:
Thats what im talkin about!

Ok everyone got in tonight for a late workout. Did heavy chest n some back. Definitely feeling like ive added some density and size over the last 3 or 4 months of bulking if you will. Time to trim it down now!

Anyways felt really good tonight, great pump and good mind muscle connection going on! Also hit a new PR on t-bar rows, 4 plates for 10 reps, i was pretty stoked about that!

Diet slacked a bit today, but i ate my cheat meal, so its ok.. Really looking into the IF type diets. With my schedule though im going to have to look at how to adjust it. I work 2 days of mornings, 2 days of nights and then 2 days off. So ill be toying with it a bit to see what works best.

Tomorrow the plan is to do some light leg work, prior to that a little earlier in the day though ill probly get into the gym here at my apartments for some abs and cardio!

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That IF diet is really catching on, and its understandable given the results of a couple members here. I am considering it myself and am currently reading Maximum Muscle Minimum Fat by Ori Hoffmeckler to understand a little more of the science behind it. The lean gains site is supposed to be filled with info and everything you need to get started. Give it a browse around. I will probably be making the switch in a couple months.

I used to do 24 hr water fast almost every week then cut down to every other week then almost never now but I am starting to incorporate a 24hr fast back into my week and this time using the lean gains recommendations of using BCAAs during the fasting period. Maybe start off with just 1-2 days a week and increase from there

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That IF diet is really catching on, and its understandable given the results of a couple members here. I am considering it myself and am currently reading Maximum Muscle Minimum Fat by Ori Hoffmeckler to understand a little more of the science behind it. The lean gains site is supposed to be filled with info and everything you need to get started. Give it a browse around. I will probably be making the switch in a couple months.

I used to do 24 hr water fast almost every week then cut down to every other week then almost never now but I am starting to incorporate a 24hr fast back into my week and this time using the lean gains recommendations of using BCAAs during the fasting period. Maybe start off with just 1-2 days a week and increase from there

Definitely! I got some good links from Tomahawk that you had sent him, so ill be looking over those.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok everyone got in tonight for a late workout. Did heavy chest n some back. Definitely feeling like ive added some density and size over the last 3 or 4 months of bulking if you will. Time to trim it down now!

Anyways felt really good tonight, great pump and good mind muscle connection going on! Also hit a new PR on t-bar rows, 4 plates for 10 reps, i was pretty stoked about that!
Excellent! Awesome job hitting a PR, Josh :thumbsup:

I am starting to do this - will be doing it on my Day Off (Sunday). I know I feel much better the next day because of it.

~Rosie~

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Got in today for some light legs, mostly just really feeling and squeezing the muscles i was working. Workout went great and i decided to add some shoulders in. Pump was great, endurance was good, and overall had a great workout.

Still trying to figure out how im going to do this IF lean gains type diet. I have to pick up some aminos to sip on while im fasting, on top of the protein synthesis these really help curb my appetite which i think will be tough for the first week or so.

Like i said still trying to work on when i will fast and what times as my schedule is screwy. I may just keep a set time like 12-8pm and if i workout passed 8pm ill just have aminos after the workout. Keep it consistent so my body gets in a rythm.

As far as diet goes during the hours ill be feeding i think im going to try a carb cycling approach. Monday tuesday thurs friday and sunday will be low carb. Wed and saturday will be the carbup days. Fruit and greek yogurt will probly be the carb sources. Gonna intertwine this paleo diet in with it. Outside of my possible cheat meal on saturday which will be whatever i want.

Im also switching up my training again. Back and chest in one day is just to much for me and my training partner. So this is how the new training plan will be laid out.

Mon- Back/Bis
Tuesday- Chest/Tris
Wednesday- Legs
Thursday-Arms/Shoulders
Friday- Off
Sat- Modified Back/Chest ( Not a lot of sets, just my training partner and my weaknesses)
Sun- Off

Ill be ramping up the cardio as well.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So diet went great today. No fasting diet though, just clean meals. Once i am able to order in some BCAAs, then ill start the lean gains/"Josh special" ( haha ).

Anyways i didnt sleep well AT ALL last night. Then proceeded to have almost 2 hours of MCMAP today after work. So i went home and before i knew it i was passed out and it was 730. Which is pretty much my cutoff.. If im not on my way or in the gym by 730 i dont go if its a morning shift the next day.

So ill just push my days back one and do back/bis/traps tomorrow!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
you know, if you want to have real accountability, you'll put up pictures...

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Took yesterday off as i noted so i got in tonight and hit up back/bis/traps and what a workout i had! Wasnt exactly stronger but the mind muscle connection and workin the muscles was top notch. Really had a great workout tonight. Pump was sick and i was definitely looking full and dense.

Diets been on point which is nice. Tomorrow will be chest/tris prior to heading off to work!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Took yesterday off as i noted so i got in tonight and hit up back/bis/traps and what a workout i had! Wasnt exactly stronger but the mind muscle connection and workin the muscles was top notch. Really had a great workout tonight. Pump was sick and i was definitely looking full and dense.

Diets been on point which is nice. Tomorrow will be chest/tris prior to heading off to work!
Always makes your head feel better when your nutrition is good, aye, Josh. Training sounds like it's going good as well, which is great :)

~Rosie~

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Always makes your head feel better when your nutrition is good, aye, Josh. Training sounds like it's going good as well, which is great :)

~Rosie~
It really does, i dont feel so "sloppy" then. Training is definitely going very well. Couldnt ask for anything more when it comes to training.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It really does, i dont feel so "sloppy" then. Training is definitely going very well. Couldnt ask for anything more when it comes to training.
:party:

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So i didnt have enough time to get to the gym today as i found out late that i had MCMAP so chest will be put off until tomorrow morning.

Diet stayed good and thats really it for today.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Havnt gotten to the gym the last couple days, the wife came up and weve been getting the apartment more "home" like, so the gym has taken a backseat, which for me isnt really bad, i was needing a good rest anyway. Ill be back on the diet tomorro was well as i picked up some Aminos, so the IF Leangains/Josh's IF carb cycle extravaganza Diet/Operation shredded Wheat is in effect tomorrow!

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Havnt gotten to the gym the last couple days, the wife came up and weve been getting the apartment more "home" like, so the gym has taken a backseat, which for me isnt really bad, i was needing a good rest anyway. Ill be back on the diet tomorro was well as i picked up some Aminos, so the IF Leangains/Josh's IF carb cycle extravaganza Diet/Operation shredded Wheat is in effect tomorrow!
I am testing out a carb cycle version of lean gains myself, awesome to hear someone else is thinking the same way :bigok:

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am testing out a carb cycle version of lean gains myself, awesome to hear someone else is thinking the same way :bigok:

We shall definitely see how it works out!!

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So the diet was good yesterday but i definitely gotta get used to it. I was DRAINED after i got off work, simply just didnt eat enough during my meals. Eatin 300 or so calls just isnt going to cut it.

Got home last night and fell asleep, needless to say the gym wasnt happening, and i didnt wake up until later today, could have made it to the gym today but didnt have anything set out. So ill just make it up tomorrow.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Definitely sucks missing the gym!
I hate it, im not a morning person AT ALL unless i have to get up, so when i have night shifts it makes it hard to get up in enough time to get all my meals ready, supps taken, cammies ready for work, get to the gym, get back, shower, eat, all that **** lol.

But enough is enough, tomorrow ill get up early prior to PT, slay myself, go PT, and carry on my work day as usual.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
But enough is enough, tomorrow ill get up early prior to PT, slay myself, go PT, and carry on my work day as usual.
That's the spirit, Josh! :buttkick:

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Diets been perfect today. Ive got a busy day tomorrow prior to work so im going to get up early n get some stuff done..

Id like to thank Rosie for sending me a sample of MP's Green Apple Assault!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Diets been perfect today. Ive got a busy day tomorrow prior to work so im going to get up early n get some stuff done..

Id like to thank Rosie for sending me a sample of MP's Green Apple Assault!
No worries at all, Josh :) I know you'll use it tomorrow - have fun with it and let me know how you find it.

~Rosie~

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ok everyone so i got up early like i said and got the things i needed to get done taken care of, i then used the sample that Rosie was kind enough to send me of MP's Assault Green Apple and i must say i really enjoyed it.

I got in and worked back/bis/traps and i had the most vicious pump ever. I wont contribute this to Assault as it was my first dose of it, but i will say the energy was perfect and i definitely had a good mind muscle connection going on. Taste wasnt overpowering and it went down smooth. This is definitely going in the cart next time i place an order! Anyways like i said the workout went great and then we had PT, so i ran 3 miles after i hit the gym. Diet has been perfect today as well.

Tomorrow i have a promotion board so im going to go in there and take care of business and then ill train later!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok everyone so i got up early like i said and got the things i needed to get done taken care of, i then used the sample that Rosie was kind enough to send me of MP's Assault Green Apple and i must say i really enjoyed it.

I got in and worked back/bis/traps and i had the most vicious pump ever. I wont contribute this to Assault as it was my first dose of it, but i will say the energy was perfect and i definitely had a good mind muscle connection going on. Taste wasnt overpowering and it went down smooth. This is definitely going in the cart next time i place an order! Anyways like i said the workout went great and then we had PT, so i ran 3 miles after i hit the gym. Diet has been perfect today as well.

Tomorrow i have a promotion board so im going to go in there and take care of business and then ill train later!

Glad you like the Assault, Josh :veryhappy:

Good stuff on training going great as well :)

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Alright guys went in there and did my thing. Had the best bearing and confidence out of everyone but i got third. Which isnt completely bad as they were trying to get three spots for the promotion, but i ended up not needing it anyway as the score came out and i was first on the list. So i got promoted anyway!

Other then that diets been good and training tonight was awesome!

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
congrats on the promotion buddy :arms:

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
congrats on the promotion buddy :arms:

Thanks bud! Its definitely been a long time coming! Anyways everyone gonna eat and get in the gym to smoke my legs at some point!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Alright guys went in there and did my thing. Had the best bearing and confidence out of everyone but i got third. Which isnt completely bad as they were trying to get three spots for the promotion, but i ended up not needing it anyway as the score came out and i was first on the list. So i got promoted anyway!

Other then that diets been good and training tonight was awesome!
I'm proud of you, Josh :veryhappy: You deserve this!

Looks like it was an all-round great day yesterday! :bigok:

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm proud of you, Josh :veryhappy: You deserve this!

Looks like it was an all-round great day yesterday! :bigok:

Thanks Rosie your support is much appreciated!! Yes i was on cloud 9 all day yesterday!

Today im gonna get into the gym later and murder my legs like they owe me something!

The wife has told me on numerous occasions that my legs are "Getting fckin huge", always a nice thing to hear since ive bee smashing them hard trying to get them back up to pre-Marine Corps size. So far so good!

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Got in tonight and just murdered my arms n shoulders!! The pump was insane and the workout was sick!

In the words of myself " I beat the brakes off that workout" :firedevil:

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Got in tonight and just murdered my arms n shoulders!! The pump was insane and the workout was sick!

In the words of myself " I beat the brakes off that workout" :firedevil:
If you had no brakes, how on earth did you manage to stop? :think: :lol: