Page 8 of 10 First ... 3678910 Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee View Post
    At least you got to practice your posing. Glad you had a productive session

~Rosie~
    It ended up being pretty good just getting the guided practice that I needed.

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    Down to the wire, buddy! Glad to see your posing coach showed up, this time.
    No kidding, me too! Apparently he had some work stuff that kept him late and I ended up missing him by a couple minutes. I waited over half an hour though and that was long enough. We have another session for this afternoon and we're going to work on my individual routine as well.

Quote Originally Posted by FL3X MAGNUM View Post
    You can do it
    I will
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep

2. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by FL3X MAGNUM
    You can get me in the azz
    Woah!
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Today was pretty good. I helped out at our church with our easter breakfast activity. I ended up helping cook pancakes, bacon, hashbrowns, sausage, eggs, and juice. I was prepared though. I ate a chicken breast and spinach before I got there and so it was too bad. I stuck with my diet. No room for cheating for me.

I did an hour of cardio today and some legs. Didn't do a whole lot as I didn't have the energy or strength for it. I did get to meet up with my posing coach and did another full session. That was helpful.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Been really busy lately with school and prepping for this comp. I've been practicing my posing with my posing coach quite a bit these last two weeks. I think I got a really good routine down. I think I'm looking pretty dang lean and think I'm going to have a good showing this Saturday!

Bit of a week recap:
    Mon: LISS cardio in the morning, posing session in the afternoon for an hour, then later did a full body depletion workout. That was very draining and rough to get through.

Tues: Cardio in the form of full court basketball. I didn't think I would be able to play much with how depleted (both energy and carbs) that I am but did ok. I did another hour posing practice session.

Wed (Today): I had to work after school and that was draining enough. I also did another hour of posing with my coach. My neck has been sore and kinked this whole week so after not getting any better I went to my chiropractor today. That helped but it's still sore. I then...went to the store and bought all the delicious snacks, sweets, and cereals that I've been wanting for the last few months. I'm way too close to my competition to even consider cheating but now I have all the delectable and succulent foods at my post competition free-for-all. Oh yeah!
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Cheat! Do it!!!
    Genomyx Rep
    www.genomyx.com
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Answers

The competition was good. I thought I did excellent, however the judges didn't agree. I brought in the best conditioning in my class. I sacrificed some size to get there but felt that it would improve my chances since these same judges last year told me that conditioning was more important then size and with my taller height, I needed the better conditioning to take the class. Well I did it and guess what? I lost to the guys who were bigger.......and fatter. Regardless, I sent out on a specific goal and I achieved it and thought that I performed well. I can only be happy with that. I also trained a friend of mine for his first show last month and he took 2nd place.

After the show I went to the Cheesecake Factory and pigged out. Or at least I tried. I didn't get far past the appetizer, lol! I went to wash up in the bathroom and found Mr. Olympia Phil Heath there! We talked a little bit and he advised me to eat slow. He was a pretty cool guy and attended the show as just a observer.

As for my lack of presence on the boards lately, I've been swamped with school, finals, with preparing for my GRE, and then putting together and sending out applications for graduate school, which I finally finished yesterday. Last semester was hectic with 19 credits but I'm happy that I got 3 A's and 3 A-'s with my 6 classes.

Here's some pictures from my show, I have to apologize for the crappy quality as our camera died right after we got to the show, even though I charged it the night before.

I'm in the middle here.

I'm the guy second from the right.

In this one I'm the one on the far left, check and compare the leg shot in comparison to the other fatties

Second from the left again, still blue posing suit and longer hair then the rest.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Two days after the show and after I scrubbed as much of the nasty tan off as I could, I decided to take some after shots to at least show a little more clarity since the show pics we got sucked. I'm not as tight but still pretty good I think.

You can see how loose my shorts have become in this pic, they used to fit pretty snuggly

8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Good job you! <3
    Genomyx Rep
    www.genomyx.com
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Good job you! <3
    Thanks sweetie!

After the show I made myself some delicious fried chicken:

10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Yesterday I hit back and chest like this:

Back, standard rest in between sets, at least 4 sets each excluding warm-up

-Rack Pulls

-Pendlay Rows

-Pull-ups and Lat Pull-downs

Keeping it direct, effective, and simple, now on to chest

Chest, did same volume of sets but did them all rest-pause style

-Incline Chest Press

-Bench Press

-Cable Flyes

-Bench press burnout at end
  11. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.
    Answers

Its good to have you back.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    Its good to have you back.
    thanks aaron, it was past time for me to get back on
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Updates. Saturday I did legs at home. I focused on front and back squats and then SLDL. Monday I was going to workout but ended up playing football with my kids.

Yesterday I did chest and back. I kind of did a 5x5 with rest-pause incorporated set style.

-Incline Bench Press

-Flat Bench Press

-Cable flyes

-Pull-ups and chin-us

-Pendlay Rows

-Conventional deadlifts

Then later that night I went and played full court basketball for a couple hours.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Just an update on what our city is dealing with right now. We have a wildfire that has been going on since Saturday. It is now over 15,300 acres and only 5% contained. It has now entered our city and has began burning homes and businesses. Over 32,000 people have been evacuated with other voluntary and pre-evacuation orders in place. The fire is right next to my children's school but at least my house seems to be far enough south to be ok. The smoke from the fire is filling the city and the streets though and I can see some ash coming down. We have nearly 1,000 firefighters on scene now with multiple aircraft and even 3 C-130 tankers to help fight it. We're not sure how it started but our neighboring county has already had 20+ arson attempts. Here's some news on it for those interested: http://www.denverpost.com/breakingne...ght-is-unified

Here's some pics

This is what alot of the streets look like from just the smoke.
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Brief update. Fire is about 75% contained. Approximately 18,000 acres burned, at least two deaths, one tanker crashed, and about 350 homes destroyed.

16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Answers

17. Registered User
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.
    Answers

That is haunting! Glad you're OK big guy.
    Genomyx Rep
    www.genomyx.com
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Answers

That is haunting! Glad you're OK big guy.
    It's odd cause the neighborhoods that burned down was right where I used to live before I moved to my current place. Guess I made the right call on that one! The fire's moved far enough north of us now that it doesn't seem as bad here but it'll still be a while before they get it completely under control. They have over 1,500 firefighters on scene now.
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by kingjameskjf

It's odd cause the neighborhoods that burned down was right where I used to live before I moved to my current place. Guess I made the right call on that one! The fire's moved far enough north of us now that it doesn't seem as bad here but it'll still be a while before they get it completely under control. They have over 1,500 firefighters on scene now.
    I hope you brought your LMG with you when you evacuated!!!
    Half joking.
    Do you known anyone who lost their home?
    Genomyx Rep
    www.genomyx.com
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Awesome pics bro, I was in Colorado when they had the last big fires. I think it was in 02. I have pics from pikes peak where you can see flames and smoke just like the ones you have. It was strangely beautiful from up there but scared the sh1t out of you. I'll try to dig the pics up and post em.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Answers

I hope you brought your LMG with you when you evacuated!!!
    Half joking.
    Do you known anyone who lost their home?
    Not yet, but then again I only know it was on that side of town and not who was affected yet. I guess that mean it wasn't anybody close!

Quote Originally Posted by LiveToLift View Post
    Awesome pics bro, I was in Colorado when they had the last big fires. I think it was in 02. I have pics from pikes peak where you can see flames and smoke just like the ones you have. It was strangely beautiful from up there but scared the sh1t out of you. I'll try to dig the pics up and post em.
    yeah that sounds like the Hayman fire. That was the largest fire in colorado per acreage and this one is the most structurally destructive. I've been up on Pikes Peak a few times. It's always cold up there, even in summer. Ever take the cog railway up?
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by kingjameskjf View Post

yeah that sounds like the Hayman fire. That was the largest fire in colorado per acreage and this one is the most structurally destructive. I've been up on Pikes Peak a few times. It's always cold up there, even in summer. Ever take the cog railway up?
    Sure did man, to the top and back down on it. Good experience!
    PES Representative
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Sure did man, to the top and back down on it. Good experience!
    nice, I did the cog twice and then drove up once or twice. I might hike the trail this summer. Not sure yet. I need somebody motivating to go with to do that.
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Answers

I did back and chest today while training two friends. Made rest intervals way too long for what I'd like but it was good to help them out.

Back:

-Rack Pulls

-Pendlay Rows

-Straight Arm pushdowns

Chest

-Incline Bench Press, started running out of time so I did these rest-pause style

-Cable Flyes, rest-pause again

Not near as much as I wanted to do but I still got in several sets of each.
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Back and chest is such a rare combo for me but I remember I loved doing it.
    PES Representative
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Back and chest is such a rare combo for me but I remember I loved doing it.
    I love supersetting them
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Did some delts and arms yesterday. Had two friends with me that I trained as well. I did 4-5 sets of every exercise.

DELTS:

-Upright Rows
    compound setted with
    -DB side lateral raises

-Front Raises
    compound setted with
    -Rear delt DB's

ARMS:

-Seated DB Curls (not alternating)
    supersetted with
    -Tricep pressdowns
    supersetted with
    -Drag Curls

repeated 4-5 times

-DB Tricep kickbacks
    supersetted with
    -Pinwheel Curls
    supersetted with
    -Skull Crushers using cable
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Answers

UPDATE: I haven't updated this log in awhile but I'm still hitting the gym! I focused on adding mass the last year and got up to 236 pounds at my heaviest. Unfortunatley, with every bulk of mine also comes some bodyfat too. This was no exception but I did keep it from getting out of hand. After a nasty flu and starting my contest prep diet for my next show, I am now sitting at 218 pounds. I really don't want to drop below 198. That way I will be at the very top of the light-heavies. I'd like to bulk up enough to stay in the heavies but that'll come in time. I'm shooting for a show next month since my bodyfat is relatively low. I have a back-up show of the following month (April) in case I need to push things back, and also so I don't rush it and risk losing too much muscle.

-Today-

Started with an hour of fasted cardio on the treadmill with BCAA's and EC just before. Then I had a protein shake, waited about 15 minutes and then went to work on my arms.

-Preacher Curls
    supersetted with:
    -Tricep Extensions
    5 sets

-Tricep Pressdowns (straight bar)
    supersetted with:
    -Cable Curls
    5 sets

-One Arm DB Preacher Curls
    -Hammer Curls, last set 8x60 each
    -Pinwheel Curls, last set 6x70 each
    (cycled through those)
    supersetted with:
    -Behind the head DB Tricep Extensions
    I went up to 100 lbs here but it killed my elbow with the positioning so stayed a little lighter with higher reps instead.
    Lost count on how many sets we did here but I got a pretty good arm pump and Andy did a bunch of videos to help promote the Arnold Classic next month.

Went and tanned afterwards. I'm still pasty white but at least I'm starting to see some color.
  29. Registered User
    Answers

in...
    BPS REP-DERMACRINE/ENDOSURGE....COMBUSTION/DCP 2.0
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Also, I will be going to the Arnold Classic in a couple weeks for my first time. My wife will be competing in the amateur bikini division.

My diet for the last few days has been only white fish, either tilapia or swai, and a green vegetable and protein shakes in between. Yeah, not the most exciting and certainly not palatable but it's working!

Welcome to my log BigT!
  31. Registered User
    Answers

Also, I will be going to the Arnold Classic in a couple weeks for my first time. My wife will be competing in the amateur bikini division.

My diet for the last few days has been only white fish, either tilapia or swai, and a green vegetable and protein shakes in between. Yeah, not the most exciting and certainly not palatable but it's working!

Welcome to my log BigT!
    glad to be here!!! if i am not careful, i might learn something, lol.

when i lived in philipines tilapia was called milk fish...old women would walk down the street carrying it on their heads, selling it for a few pesos...used to put the whole fish on the grill...btw-eyes were a delicasy!!!

rice and fish, fresh veggies and seaweed, not to mention balut, my diet was as good as it ever has been!!!
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    glad to be here!!! if i am not careful, i might learn something, lol.

when i lived in philipines tilapia was called milk fish...old women would walk down the street carrying it on their heads, selling it for a few pesos...used to put the whole fish on the grill...btw-eyes were a delicasy!!!

rice and fish, fresh veggies and seaweed, not to mention balut, my diet was as good as it ever has been!!!
    What were you doing in the Philippines? Oh and balut is disgustingly foul and probably the nastiest looking food on earth. I do miss fresh fish right from the ocean though. I used to live in Guam and had fish and rice all the time, and spam too.
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Just got back from the gym. Again. I trained a friend of mine and then I did another 45 minutes of cardio on the elliptical. My legs aren't very happy with me.
  34. Registered User
    Answers

What were you doing in the Philippines? Oh and balut is disgustingly foul and probably the nastiest looking food on earth. I do miss fresh fish right from the ocean though. I used to live in Guam and had fish and rice all the time, and spam too.
    was there on my ship...got out and went back, the old gi bill funded my stay for the 1st few years, then ended up running a bar on magsaysay.

balut is disgusting, but probably the highest protein food in the world-great for libido, i know i put that to the test, lol.
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Today I did fasted cardio in the morning. I took just leucine and EC prior. I forgot to put in any flavoring to mask the nasty leucine taste so I just choked it down. I did 65 minutes of LISS on the treadmill. However, in order to get my heart rate over 100 (which is quite difficult for me to do) I had to put the treadmill on a 9% incline at 3.0 MPH. Then I had a protein shake and began my chest workout.

-Decline Bench Press
    41x135 (yes 41 )
    9x225
    2x315
    8x225
    3x275

-Incline to flat DB presses
    This was a spur of the moment thing as we were doing incline presses, we decided to go down a notch each set all the way until the bench was flat and then use a lighter weight and work out way back up. Tried to keep rep ranges between 6-12.

High incline
    100 lb DB's
    Down one notch to about a normal incline bench position
    100's (three sets here)
    Down one more notch to low incline
    100's
    Flat bench
    100's
    The 100's were getting extremely heavy at this point. We now switched to 60's
    Flat
    60 lb DB's each
    Up one notch on the bench
    60's, after this one we were pretty fatigued so we switched to 50's
    Up another notch
    50's
    Up to the high incline position
    50's

Well that was new but it was good! 9 total sets

That exhausted us pretty good so we then went to finish off on cables

-Cable Flyes
    then straight to
    -Cable ab crunches
    during the fourth set while I was in the middle of my bent over cable flyes, my lower right ab felt like it popped out or seized up really intensely. It hurt pretty bad and I found my self leaning against the wall trying to hold it and make it relax. I think it's from my strict diet and increased training that made me more susceptible to that. After that I was done. We were just about finished anyways so not a big loss. It's sensitive and feels strained right now but it's not too bad anymore. I just need to give my abs a break since I took yesterday off but hit them the previous two days in a row.

Diet today has been perfect. I have had nothing but protein shakes in water, BCAA's, lots of tilapia, and broccoli.
  36. Registered User
    Answers

you would think that the e/c would get your heartrate up!!! ever try the stuff for nose congestion? i like that form of ephedra better!!!!
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Answers

you would think that the e/c would get your heartrate up!!! ever try the stuff for nose congestion? i like that form of ephedra better!!!!
    I know, I thought so too! I just started it so that's not the problem. I took it yesterday right before I started my cardio and couldn't get it up and then today I decided to take it earlier so I took it at home before I took my kids to school and then on to the gym. Still couldn't get it over 105 ish. Never tried the nose stuff, just the basic primatene tabs.
  38. Registered User
    Answers

I know, I thought so too! I just started it so that's not the problem. I took it yesterday right before I started my cardio and couldn't get it up and then today I decided to take it earlier so I took it at home before I took my kids to school and then on to the gym. Still couldn't get it over 105 ish. Never tried the nose stuff, just the basic primatene tabs.
    primatene???? dude, bronkaid is 10x better-but i think they had a recall on bronkaid, at least that is what the pharmacist told me???

sudafed is what i tried in place of bronkaid this last time, it kicks ass!!!
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Answers

primatene???? dude, bronkaid is 10x better-but i think they had a recall on bronkaid, at least that is what the pharmacist told me???

sudafed is what i tried in place of bronkaid this last time, it kicks ass!!!
    I know one is HCl and one is sulfate but they're supposed to be just about on par as far as effectiveness goes. Anecdotally I have no clue though because I haven't been able to find a single place in this entire city that sells Bronkaid. Only Primatene and its generic version.
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.
    Answers

I know one is HCl and one is sulfate but they're supposed to be just about on par as far as effectiveness goes. Anecdotally I have no clue though because I haven't been able to find a single place in this entire city that sells Bronkaid. Only Primatene and its generic version.
    How much will they let you buy?
    I need to grab some, I'm done trying to fight the dirtiness I feel on clen.
    Genomyx Rep
    www.genomyx.com
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. My contest prep...
    By rysigpi in forum Bodybuilding Contest Preperation
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 08-18-2012, 11:05 PM
  2. Contest Prep cycle and contest prep help
    By Swoleosis in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-07-2010, 02:40 PM