My Contest Prep/Workout Log

Page 6 of 10 First ... 45678 ... Last
  1. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

A smart lifter
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Monday I did chest and back again. Flat bench was straining my shoulder at the ac joint. I've never had that before so I decided to back off and let it feel better. I went to DB inclines instead and those felt great. I went up to 100 lbs DB's without a spotter and they felt pretty good. I think next week I'll push it a little and see what I can get. Half way through I talked with my posing coach and starting talking about the upcoming season. Getting things in order now.

Tuesday I did my two hours of basketball and felt good afterwards.

Yesterday I did olympic lifts. Worked on form for snatches. Did a lot with the bar and gradually went up to 40 kg. Not too much. Then I did arms and supersetted bi's and tri's. I finished with some ab work.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

I went to Gold's Gym this week to use the other amenities that aren't offered at Flex Gym, however, I was told that I can't come back unless I buy a new membership or provided a contract. I paid for a year in advance and still have a few months left on the contract and paid for. Apparently Gold's Gym didn't pay their rent and got shut down. Then Gold's Gym International took over and is making everybody cancel their old Gold's contracts and go to a bi-weekly billing system, unless you have a prior contract in place which they said they will honor until it expires. Well here's the catch. I don't keep my gym sign-up paperwork every year I renew! So I have no contractual proof and they claim that they have no records for anybody so I can't go in my own gym that I already paid for! Funny cause two of the people who work there still and transitioned over remember me, and I won their freakin' Gold's Gym Challenge this past May. Yeah, pissed.

http://www.kktv.com/news/headlines/P...133571078.html

http://www.krdo.com/news/29729563/detail.html

http://www.krdo.com/news/29929647/detail.html

Here's where Gold's International takes over and claims to accept previous memberships but don't specify how and how much they were actually going to screw people over.

http://www.gazette.com/articles/loca...-gold-gym.html

I went to the gym with my boys today. We all did olympic lifts followed by legs.

My oldest tried the bar for the first time, instead of the usual wooden training stick that we typically use. It didnt go so well...

But he worked on it and got it down!

My youngest, well, he needs alot of work. Good thing he has all the time in the world!

I just started doing the oly lifts in the last month and I'm taking the progression slowly to make sure my form is good. I think it's decent but I know I can still do much better. Here's me today trying 60.5 kg (133 lbs) for my first time.

•   

4. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

That's a hell of a read. You should go up to the employee who remember you and say really man? I did x,y,z and you don't really know who I am? smh.

Nice bids of you and the kids man. Starting em at an early age.
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  5. mw1
    Sponsor
    Board Sponsor

Thats really messed up about the gym I'm sure they have paperwork on the members still making monthly installments

Serious Nutrition Solution ~~

mw at seriousnutritionsolutions dot com
    Cycle Assist $23.50 shipped http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...edge-labs.html
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    That's a hell of a read. You should go up to the employee who remember you and say really man? I did x,y,z and you don't really know who I am? smh.

Nice bids of you and the kids man. Starting em at an early age.
    Oh they did but they can't "verify" how long I had left on my membership, therefore it's invalid.

Yeah, my kids like coming with me as long as we keep it fun as well. My oldest is much more interested in it. It was kinda funny cause yesterday he told me that he decided he wanted to be a bodybuilder. So now his future plan is this: he wants to be a bodybuilding ninja cop! That would make for one lethal combo!

Quote Originally Posted by mw1 View Post
    Thats really messed up about the gym I'm sure they have paperwork on the members still making monthly installments
    Yeah, it seems like they have an excuse to force us out or pay again. You know what though, they turned it into another 24 Hour Fitness. It was great when I started but they kept changing things up and getting rid of the whole concept of Gold's Gym. Then they added a crossfit room and got rid of alot of the better powerlifting equipment to make room for it. We already have three 24 Hour Fitness gyms here so no need to go to another one. At least I still have other options and will make the best of it.

Merry Christmas to all my AM e-buddies on here!
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Today's workout:

-I did some olympic lift training to start and focused on the snatch. Trying to improve my form and not muscle the weight up. We worked the weight up gradually to 60 kg.

Did that for an hour and a half. Then took some BCAA's and went back to work, focusing on shoulders and arms.

Shoulders:

Did plenty of overhead shoulder stuff with the olympic lifts so I skipped that.

-Side lateral raises

-Front Raises

-Rear Delts (cables)

Arms

Supersetted bi's and tri's

-Drag Curls

-Rope Pushdowns

did this for several sets and then had to go pick up the kiddos. I was starting to fatigue anyways so it was a good stopping point.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Today was chest and back, but with a strength focus, so higher weight and lower reps. 3-4 sets each. This is how the magic times went down today.

-Incline DB Press
    using the hundos and then dropped down gradually

-T-Bar Rows
    5 plates and then decreased as needed

-Cybex Plate Loaded Advanced Leverage Chest Press (like a chest press into a flye)

supersetted with

-Pull-ups

-Hammer Strength Wide Chest Press
    405 lbs and decreased down to 365

supersetted with

-Bent Over Barbell Rows
    185, should have gone higher but was getting tired and lazy at this point

-Hammer Strength Incline Press
    315 decreased down to 275

supersetted with

-Rack Pulls
    Tried 495 but failed, went down to 405 for success
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Today I did my Olympic lifts followed by legs.

I started with and focused on the Clean and Jerk. I worked my way up gradually to my new PR of 80 kg, or 176 pounds, which is good for just starting (or at least I think so). I got video of my last two attempts at the 80 kg. First attempt I failed and second I got but form was not so great.

Moving on to legs. Decided to start with hamstring movements since I hit my quads with the oly movements already.

-Good Mornings

-SLDL's

Then moved on to
    -Hack Squats

supersetted with

-Laying Hamstring Curls

Finished up with some ab work, machine ab crunches compound setted with neck-ups.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

I've missed a few updates but that's alright.

Today was different. I didn't plan it that way but things just worked themselves out that way. After I dropped my kids off at school, I headed straight over to the gym, after taking my pre workout in the car at the gas station. BTW, does anybody else find this pretty stupid? As I was pulling into the gas station, there was another car there fueling up and the person drops a lighted cigarette on the ground by the pump and then leaves. So fearing for the safety of our community and being the hero I am, I leaped over the gas pumps, landing directly on the lit cigarette just as it was about to combust and blow us all to smithereens. Ok, maybe that last part was a stretch, I just went in and paid for my own gas.

Some back story on the gym. My gym is called Flex and is the awesomeness cause it's a true workout gym, not a fitness center. Well, in the adjoining building there is another company that does kettle-bell training and boxing. That company recently moved and another company called Fitness Origin moved in, which is co-owned by a buddy of mine. As I walked in I was talking to him about the business and we got to talking for awhile. Long story short, I decided to give his routine a shot. It's not a typical workout routine and it's not quite a cross-fit routine either, but something kinda different. It's done in a sand pit that they built and includes various things such as kettle-bells, TRX, the super huge ropes, bands, etc, and is done in circuit fashion for 3 rounds besides warmups. It was incredibly exhausting. There are so many different ways to do it and things you can implement but I just let Jake run it for me. You can also tailor it more towards power, stability, or cardio.

Here's what I did: (I don't know the names of many of these so bear with me!)
    Also, most things were done with about 10-20 reps depending on what it was

-Frog jump to a push-up move

-Then to reverse flyes with bands

-Suitcase walk with 100 lbs kettle-bells

-Rope shake/whips

-Kettle-bell swings

-TRX squats

-High knee run

I did all of this without a break in between.

This was truly exhausting and took about 32 minutes to complete with only 1-2 minutes rest between rounds.

After sitting for 15 minutes or so afterwards, I got my energy back and actually felt pretty good so I decided to continue on with my originally planned back workout. I took some BCAA's and then did the following.

-Behind the neck pull-downs
    compound setted with:

-Low cable rows (narrow parallel grip)

-Lat Pulldowns

-HS Iso Lateral Rows (one arm at a time)

-Straight Arm push downs

I then practiced posing and then did some extreme stretches.

I actually felt stronger and better! I didn't expect this. I felt absolutely great!
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

My wife became interested in the workout that I did at Fitness Origin and wanted to try it. I wasn't sure how she would respond due to all her health problems but she did great and held a fast pace. We had her cut out a round early to keep her from overdoing it on her first day, which is usually what ends up setting her back. She really enjoyed it though.

Here's what we did today:

-Mountain Climbers with a pushup

-Reverse Flyes

-Suitcase walk, 100 lbs in one hand at a time across the uneven sand (my wife did less of course)

-Ropes, but alternating this time

-Reverse kettle-bell lunges

-TRX pushups

-Grapevines with kettle-bells

rest for two minutes then repeated for 4 sessions with no rest during the session.

I was again dripping with sweat and cramping by the time I was done, but after about half an hour, I felt even better then I had started again.

No lifting today and I think my arms will thank me for that since I'm feeling it. Tonight however, is my typical basketball! I always look forward to that.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Yesterday I did chest.

-Incline DB Press

-Bench Press

-HS Incline Press

-Bench Press
    This time it was different though. I did this round with a couple power lifters and had them show me their techniques. I made a couple alterations and pushed less but with more. To make that sentence make more sense, I made a few adjustments which I wasn't used to so I couldn't push as heavy but I felt it more in my back as a whole body exercise.

Today I'm taking a much needed day of recovery.
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Yesterday I did my sand cardio conditioning training but focused on delts.

-Dive-bomber style pushups (didn't like these)

-Rear Delt rows

-100 lbs overhead walk

-Battle Ropes

-One handed kettle-bell clean and jerks

-TRX Scarecrows

-Frog Jumps

Did three rounds and got me sweating pretty good. Did 70 seconds or so for each station with 20-30 seconds rest in-between.

TODAY:

I did my olympic lifts. I started with Snatches for an hour and then finished with some clean and jerks for a little less then half an hour.

I then had a protein shake and rest for about ten minutes and then finished up my legs.

-Standing Leg Curls

-Laying Hamstring Curls (rest-pause)

-Bulgarian Split Squats
    I did these a little differently today. I tend to use my supporting rear leg too much on these so today I put it in the TRX band which helped forced me to do them correctly.

-Seated Calf Raises (drop sets)

Finished with some ab work.

-Russian Twists

-Weighted Sit-ups

I looked for my preferred ab machine but it was gone. I asked the owner about it and apparently he sold it for $50 to create some space. I would have bought it if I knew that!

I then ate my post workout meal and then realized that I just spent over 3 hours in the gym.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Prep details update

Here's my diet and conditioning update. I started my contest prep diet two weeks ago now. I started at about 225 lbs. The first week I had some stomach issues so my diet wasn't as good as I would have liked due to the minimal amount of calories I was able to take in and keep down. However this week has been perfect.

I dieted this whole week at exactly 3,000 calories. My only alteration I make to this is as follows: on non-workout day (that includes cardio) I cut calories down to 2,700, to adjust for being less active. There are only two of those days a week. My macros have been fairly consistent as well. I have higher carb intake on training days and lower fats, and then on resting days I have lower carb intake and higher fats from good sources. I typically space my macros like this (at least currently): Protein: 35%, Carbs: 50%, Fats: 15%. Again, this is not always exact but is dynamic according to my training intensity, how I feel, etc. My carb sources are typically from complex, lower GI value sources. Doing this has already shown results and I'm now down to 215.6 lbs. That is a bit faster then I had anticipated though but some of that was due to the stomach problems last week.

I plan on keeping my calories and macros the same for the upcoming week and then reevaluating it again at the end of that week and making any necessary adjustments.

As far as supplements goes, I'm not taking any fat burners at this time. I'm saving my SNS fat destroying stack for deeper in when the fat loss gets harder.

As far as conditioning, I'm using Fitness Origin and also LISS cardio training.

Exactly 12 weeks left until the show!

In other great news...I just picked up another sponsor!

My main and greatest sponsor is Serious Nutrition Solutions (SNS), thank you Steve and team! I'm also happy to announce that I am also sponsored by Fitness Origin, which you can check out some of their facility here: http://www.fitnessorigin.com/

Things are looking up this year already, now I just gotta do my part and work my butt off for great results.
  15. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by kingjameskjf
    Here's my diet and conditioning update. I started my contest prep diet two weeks ago now. I started at about 225 lbs. The first week I had some stomach issues so my diet wasn't as good as I would have liked due to the minimal amount of calories I was able to take in and keep down. However this week has been perfect.

I dieted this whole week at exactly 3,000 calories. My only alteration I make to this is as follows: on non-workout day (that includes cardio) I cut calories down to 2,700, to adjust for being less active. There are only two of those days a week. My macros have been fairly consistent as well. I have higher carb intake on training days and lower fats, and then on resting days I have lower carb intake and higher fats from good sources. I typically space my macros like this (at least currently): Protein: 35%, Carbs: 50%, Fats: 15%. Again, this is not always exact but is dynamic according to my training intensity, how I feel, etc. My carb sources are typically from complex, lower GI value sources. Doing this has already shown results and I'm now down to 215.6 lbs. That is a bit faster then I had anticipated though but some of that was due to the stomach problems last week.

I plan on keeping my calories and macros the same for the upcoming week and then reevaluating it again at the end of that week and making any necessary adjustments.

As far as supplements goes, I'm not taking any fat burners at this time. I'm saving my SNS fat destroying stack for deeper in when the fat loss gets harder.

As far as conditioning, I'm using Fitness Origin and also LISS cardio training.

Exactly 12 weeks left until the show!

In other great news...I just picked up another sponsor!

My main and greatest sponsor is Serious Nutrition Solutions (SNS), thank you Steve and team! I'm also happy to announce that I am also sponsored by Fitness Origin, which you can check out some of their facility here: http://www.fitnessorigin.com/

Things are looking up this year already, now I just gotta do my part and work my butt off for great results.
    Congrats man hard work pays off!
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Congrats man hard work pays off!
    thanks aaron, I got big things planned for 2012. We'll see how it turns out though.
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Exhausting workout today. Had a buddy of mine come down who's monkey strong. We started with the conditioning drills.

Each exercise was for 70 seconds with a 20 second break in-between.

-Rear lunges with ab twist

-High Reverse Flyes

-Suitcase carry with 100 lbs

-Slam Ball slams

-Kettle-bell swings, alternating hands

-Scarecrows

-Run and squat drills

repeated 3 times and exhausting.

We were pooped so I had a protein shake and relaxed for about half an hour on the couches waiting to recover. My friend never did anything like that before and it actually made him feel better too.

We planned to superset chest and back but quickly became immersed in chest and left no time for back.

-Flat Bench
    Started at 135 and worked up to 365 lbs. I couldn't do the 365 without his help but I wanted to get under that heavy weight and get that muscle stimulation.

We then did 365 with blocks which I was able to do for 2-3 reps. We then (at his coaxing) decided to push it more and try 405. This was nasty heavy! I used the blocks again and did three reps, however, only one of them was done on my own, which is still awesome to me!

In between sets we worked on posing routines.

Then we moved on to Hammer Strength Incline Press and did just drop sets. We were pretty exhausted by the time we were done but it felt great! Very happy with today.
  18. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by kingjameskjf
    Exhausting workout today. Had a buddy of mine come down who's monkey strong. We started with the conditioning drills.

Each exercise was for 70 seconds with a 20 second break in-between.

-Rear lunges with ab twist

-High Reverse Flyes

-Suitcase carry with 100 lbs

-Slam Ball slams

-Kettle-bell swings, alternating hands

-Scarecrows

-Run and squat drills

repeated 3 times and exhausting.

We were pooped so I had a protein shake and relaxed for about half an hour on the couches waiting to recover. My friend never did anything like that before and it actually made him feel better too.

We planned to superset chest and back but quickly became immersed in chest and left no time for back.

-Flat Bench
    Started at 135 and worked up to 365 lbs. I couldn't do the 365 without his help but I wanted to get under that heavy weight and get that muscle stimulation.

We then did 365 with blocks which I was able to do for 2-3 reps. We then (at his coaxing) decided to push it more and try 405. This was nasty heavy! I used the blocks again and did three reps, however, only one of them was done on my own, which is still awesome to me!

In between sets we worked on posing routines.

Then we moved on to Hammer Strength Incline Press and did just drop sets. We were pretty exhausted by the time we were done but it felt great! Very happy with today.
    Lot stronger than me
    Good job.
    I'm not familiar with suit case carry...
    I assume carrying a 100 pound dumb bell around the gym, am I drastically wrong?
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Lot stronger than me
    Good job.
    I'm not familiar with suit case carry...
    I assume carrying a 100 pound dumb bell around the gym, am I drastically wrong?
    Well, benching with blocks is like cheating cause you don't get the full ROM but you get your body used to holding and pushing heavier weights.

pretty close actually. you carry a 110 lbs DB or kettlebell on one side of your body (in the unstable sand) back and forth, switching hands after each lap.
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Last night I did about an hour and a half of full court basketball, since of course, it was Tuesday. However school just started this week and I'm taking a sweltering 17 credits. I had to be at class at 8am this morning so I didn't get all my sleep so I was falling asleep in class. I finally popped a Black Cat and then he ended class early. I was like, well that was a waste. I couldn't go to the gym earlier cause I was meeting up with my olympic lift coach at a pre set time, so I found a couch and went back to sleep! Thanks Black Cats!

I made it to the gym and didn't feel like taking a pre workout so I didn't. Today we did Clean and Jerks for an hour and a half. I think my form is improving. There's a olympic lift competition in a few weeks right down the road from my house that two of my gym buddies are competing in. I'm thinking about entering too, not to place---with my crappy lifts, but more for the experience. Not sure though because I also don't want to embarrass myself (at least more then I already do! ) I got a singlet but still haven't decided if I want to do it yet or not.
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

Flex says hi
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Today was another day of conditioning and training.

For the conditioning I started at Fitness Origin and did that style of training heretofore explained, and with the following breakdown:

-Mountain Climber/pushup combo

-Shoulder press/tricep extension combo

-Lunges with upper torso twists

-Slam ball throws with burpees off of the slam ball

-Upright rows with kettle-bells

-TRX bodyweight bicep curls

-Side to side shuffles

repeated for 3 rounds.

Then I did my back workout which went like this:

-T-Bar rows

-Behind the neck lat pull-downs

-Regular lat pull down-s with varying grips from wide to narrow

-One arm rows

-Straight Arm pushdowns

-Low HS Rows

-Finished with some DC style extreme stretches.

Getting ready to take my kids to their first boxing practice. Not sure how this will end...
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Did some chest today with a friend.

-DB Incline Press
    didn't plan on going over 100 lbs DB's but things felt good and with my friend pushing me I did the 110's and then decided to try the 120's. Those ones were a big difference but I got it up a few times, not sure how many. I then went for 130's, I got the first one with plenty of spotting help but then on the second one (without help this time) on the way up, my arms went lateral just slightly but it was enough that I couldn't correct or get it up so I dumped them. 130's...not yet, but someday.

-Flat Bench Press

-HS Incline press
    drop sets

-Cybex Leverage Bench press into a flye motion

-Pec Deck
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Last night I played two hours of basketball. About 3-4 hours before I took some Focus XT. I didn't really need it but I got a new flavor in that I hadn't previously tried and was excited to try it out. Plus I was still at school and figured I could use it for studying anyways. The flavor was Pina Colada. I'm not opposed to that flavor but I'm not a big fan of it either so I didn't know what to expect. Well, it was amazing! I was stunned by it and it is now one of my favorites. I payed for it later though. I couldn't sleep when I got home and just laid in bed for awhile so when it came to 6:30 am, I was too tired and skipped class to sleep. Figured I would probably just end up sleeping in class anyways and it would also negatively impact my workout. Can't have that!

Today I did an hour and and half of the Clean and Jerk Olympic lifts. They felt pretty good today but I could tell I didn't sleep so well last night. The funny/sad part was that my coach for the lifts was working out with me and during his warmups while he was in the jerk position (overhead) he dropped the oly bar (no weights loaded yet) and it landed on his foot. Needless to say, he didn't do any more exercising today.

Afterwards I did my sand box conditioning at Fitness Origin right next door. The business is really taking off and they had the local news come down and interview them.

Today I did this set up for the usually 3 rounds with 70 seconds working at each station with only 20 seconds rest in between.

-Reverse Lunges

-Pec Flye and transitioned into a tricep press

-Duck Walks (I changed these to regular forward lunges on the third round to appease my body)

-Front squats with a slam ball, at the top of the movement transitioning to an overhead press and then slamming the ball down and repeating in a fluid motion.

-Kettle-bell swings with alternating arms

-Don't know what there called but using the TRX bands and lowering my body down by one leg and then pushing my body back up with that leg, then switching legs

-Side step runs with high knees

That was enough. I stretched, ate, and then did some homework. I feel good though. I always feel better when I do that conditioning training and my diet is on.
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Today started off with a mighty 818 calorie breakfast consisting of a Labrada Lean Body Breakfast Shake and a bowl of oatmeal. For the oatmeal I use half a cup of rolled oats and a cup of fat free milk. Then I add some cinnamon, a little salt, and a whole apple diced. I really like the tart Pink Lady apples. Sometimes I'll add a little Splenda but not today. Heat and eat.

I started off today with my sand conditioning. It was delt intensive today.

3x rounds of this:

-Not sure what it's called, like a burpee squat?

-Side lateral raises, but not regular. Arms went out to sides (with resistance bands) and up in a regular side lat raise but then released just a few inches and then contracted again for three quick successive reps, then down and then an explosive single rep, then repeated. This got pretty exhausting.

-Waiter hold with single arm and kettle-bell and walking back and forth switching arms. Started with a 60 lbs kettle-bell but that got difficult to balance without resting my hand on my shoulder.

-Battle Ropes, both hands at the same time, using mainly shoulders and not bending the elbows to make the waves. I did two power bursts followed by a lesser rep.

-Kettle-bell overhead press

-TRX Fallouts into a tricep extension

-Hands over head and high knee runs with turns using only one leg (hopping around in a 180 for the turn).

SO...when I was doing the ropes, I kinda loosened the board and the bolt fastened into the cement wall behind it and they had to put it out of service until they fixed it. One my second round I used the other battle rope station. Well, near the end of my exercise for that station, I kinda broke the bolt in half and had the large caribiner holding it to the wall hurl straight towards me. Luckily it didn't hit me but I managed to retire both battle rope stations today. My third round, the ropes were no longer available so I did power slams instead.

I had a protein shake and then (after several minutes of much needed recovery) I stretched and rolled out on the foam rollers. I then proceeded to punish my back for not being big enough. BTW, it's great that these two places are next door to each other!

-Started off with some T-Bar rows. I decided to take it up to 5 plates today and worked my way down. Did about 5 sets

-Moved on to Behind the head lat-pull downs

-Then on to Low cable rows. I was feeling good so I put it on 250 lbs of the 300 lbs stack and got some great reps

-Next was Pull-ups. I used various grip widths, starting from wide and ending at narrow

-High HS Rows
    did this one rest-pause style

-Finally I finished up with Low HS Rows
    did drop sets with this one, did 4 sets

I then had 8 oz of lean pork, some healthy bread, and copious amounts of water.

The funny thing is that I then went to set-up my internship with a Physical Therapy business and when I got there I found that it didn't exist. At least not at that location. Great thing about having a smart phone was that I was able to google the business and call them up. What made this whole experience so funny is that the PT business is now located directly across the street from my gym that I just left! That will sure make things convenient.
  26. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Huge breakfast and awsome job on 5 plates T Bar...
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Huge breakfast and awsome job on 5 plates T Bar...
    thanks bud. I'm sore but feeling pretty good.
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Saturday I did an hour of LISS. Not my usual but I was pretty sore and needed the recovery. I'm making good progress so far. My diet for this week (11 weeks left due to new schedule and show pushed back a week) is about 2900 cals at 45% carb, 40% protein, and 15% fats. This is again, dynamic. It changes a bit. Non-traning days the fats are higher and the carbs are lower.

Sunday was a recovery day.

Today I did chest.

My buddy and I started low with the just the bar and then worked our way up on flat bench to 365 (with his help of course ). I then did 405 with a 4-block but it was rough. I then tapered down to 385, 315, and then 275, using various blocks.

We then did speed work with 135 on flat bench and a strength band attached for more resistance, especially at top. I had a couple of power lifters help me with this to make sure I was doing it right. I'll attach the video later. We did 9 sets with narrow, medium, and wide grips.

We then moved on to Incline smith presses and did several sets there. The last few sets were done drop-set style.

We then had a shake and relaxed for about 20 minutes.

Then we hit Fitness Origin were we did our conditioning sand routine. This is what we did today:

-Planks

-Boxing with resistance bands

-Suitcase carries with 80 and 100 lbs kettle-bells

-Battle rope while our stance was in various depths of the squat position

-One handed Kettle-bell swings/hinges

-TRX Squats into a bicep curl combo

-Grapevines

After the three sets we were both drenched with sweat.

We did a little stretching and then moved on to posing. We worked on all of the symmetry and mandatory poses.

We finished up with DC style extreme stretches and then had our post workout meals.

It ended up that we were there for 5 hours! Got work done today!

In other news, I got my Physical Therapy internship set-up and start it on Wednesday.
  29. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  122 lbs.

Everything sounds like it's going great! Congratulations on your internship!

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

School and my internship are keeping me pretty busy so updates will probably not be as frequent. So I stared my internship and really like so far and am already learning good things.

Tuesday was basketball but there were so many people that showed up (18+) that I played two games and then went home. Not worth waiting multiple games just to play again.

Wednesday (yesterday) I went to the gym after my internship was finished, which just so happens to be directly across the street from each other. I did arms and supersetted bi's and tri's.

I then did my conditioning sand training.

-Hip thrusts from back (don't know what they're called but that's what it looked like)

-Deadlifts with the thick bands

-Overhead kettle-bell holds with lunges

-Battle ropes but in the horizontal plane

-Kettle-bell hinge, single arm

-TRX squat to a pull-up

-High knee runs with arms overhead

Did three rounds

My wife did this with me and then wanted to got sit in the hot tub, except neither of these places had one, so we went to one of the other gyms that we have a membership to and our third one that night.

BTW, after my last chest workout, my back actually hurt just as much if not more then my chest, in regards to DOMS. Guess I'm finally getting that full body bench press going better.
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    Everything sounds like it's going great! Congratulations on your internship!

~Rosie~
    things are progressing almost too quickly, but I'm blessed to have these opportunities
  32. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  122 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by kingjameskjf View Post
    things are progressing almost too quickly, but I'm blessed to have these opportunities
    Sometimes when it happens "almost too quickly" it's not always a good thing, but in this case, I believe it is. Yes, you are Blessed indeed. Make the most of what you have been given. You never know how far it will take you, or the change it can bring.

~Rosie~

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Been super busy with school and internship. Still keeping up on my workouts though.

Yesterday I did 40 minutes of LISS cardio. A few hours later I hit chest and back.

-DB Incline Press
    100 lbs felt much heavier today. Don't like that. Might be from my crappy sleep the previous two nights though.

supersetted with:

-T-Bar Rows

-Bench Press

supersetted with:

-Narrow grip T-bar Rows

-HS Wide Chest press

supersetted with:

-Lat Pulldowns
    on the final set of both of these, we made them drop sets.

We then did the sand training after taking a shake and relaxing for 15-20 minutes to digest and recover.

-Pushups

-Flyes into a tricep press

-Zercher carries

-Reverse ropes (battle ropes facing backwards)

-One arm kettle-bell snatches

-TRX flyes into a tricep press (like a french press movement)

-Side skaters (leap to the side and land on one foot and squat to touch the foot with opposite hand and then to the other side)

did three rounds of that.

Then we worked on our posing. Got some serious work done yesterday and I'm feeling it today.
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Sometimes when it happens "almost too quickly" it's not always a good thing, but in this case, I believe it is. Yes, you are Blessed indeed. Make the most of what you have been given. You never know how far it will take you, or the change it can bring.

~Rosie~
    I definitely believe I have been blessed and will certainly do what I can to keep progressing and make the most of it, thanks rosie!
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

Someone has been taking his Black Liver
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    Someone has been taking his Black Liver
    lol, yes sir! Can't come in looking soft, gotta outwork my opponents.
  37. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  122 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by kingjameskjf View Post
    I definitely believe I have been blessed and will certainly do what I can to keep progressing and make the most of it, thanks rosie!
    No worries - you always have my support, bud!

~Rosie~

38. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Workouts been going well, just really busy now. I cut out computer time before workout time hence the infrequent updates! Diet's been good. Lost 2% body fat since my last check. Still at 2900 cals per day and macros are 45% carbs, 40% protein, and 15% fats, approximately according to the variations that I already laid out and other activity factors. I helped a friend move to a nearby city, including loading and unloading. Took us two days and about 16 hours. That was a heck of a full body workout! I'm still sore from it. He had his own personal home gym with tons of equipment too. Makes me dread moving myself.
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

No worries - you always have my support, bud!

~Rosie~
    I appreciate that Rosie!
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.

Happy valentine's day Jamesy poo <3
    Genomyx Rep
    www.genomyx.com
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. My contest prep...