My Contest Prep/Workout Log - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

My Contest Prep/Workout Log

Page 2 of 10 First 12347 ... Last
  1. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

What a weekend! Pics will come up shortly. I decided about two weeks ago to make a big push and do the bodybuilding division as well. My conditioning could have been better but I brought what I had to the table. It was one heck of a learning experience which will definitely benefit me in the competitions to come. The main thing I learned is that Physique division is NOT for me. I did not like it and felt uncomfortable. However, I did enjoy the bodybuilding division and met some cool people there.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

So here's about how it went. I did my weigh in's and barely made weight. I had to drop several pounds this last week alone to make it. That was already an incredible challenge but I did it. Then we had our intro meeting and then I went and got my spray tan by Elite. They did an awesome job. The next morning we did check in's with our music and got our numbers. It felt very disorganized and cramped. The theater was packed and very stuffy and hot. I was sitting there and waiting to know what I was to do next when I heard the loud speaker announcing the commencement of the the men's show. I was frustrated about that and had to rush down to the backstage and change really quick. I didn't have enough time to eat like I had planned for my continued carb load so I felt I looked very flat. It was pretty nerve wracking at first but it subsided.

Our group was the largest group in the competition but I was excited when I was part of the first call out!

Afterwards I eat and took a nap because I didn't sleep very well the night before. I returned a few hours later for my individual routine which I was the most nervous about because it was the most awkward for me but I got through it well enough. Most of my pics were at the hotel between the sessions and backstage because my wife had a hard time getting close enough and I don't want to pay hundreds of dollars for a few pictures.

Well, after the individual routines were done for our division they did the awards for the top 7 since there were so many of us. I placed 6th, which I'm happy with. My posing needed to be sharper and quicker. They ran us through the poses SO fast I barely had time to hit them. I also need to bring up my conditioning and not drop weight so quickly and do a proper carb load. Things I have learned that will make me better for my next competition in June.

Afterwards I spoke with all the judges to find out how I can improve and they said similar things to what I already knew but good to hear again. The pleasing part is that the judges liked my symmetry.

My boys got to come and watch me as well and were really excited for. My youngest is now calling me his "brown daddy" cause the tan is so deep and dark. It was definitely a learning experience that I enjoyed and I'm glad I did it. Now for some pics...sorry they're not the best quality.
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

I'm on the far right (stage left when facing the audience)

HOTEL shots between rounds:

•   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

I've been back at it this week. Today I did delts. I did multiple sets of each exercise in this order.

-Did some rear and side db raises to warm up.

-Seated DB press

-Rear cable delt pulls

-Lateral cable raises

-Front cable raises

-Decline sit-ups
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Did arms yesterday.

I supersetted everything with 30-60 sec between sets. I also took some HemaVol and Maximize (no shill, promise!). I gotta say that I had the best pumps I've ever had, except for on ArA which are painful for me. I would venture to say that my extreme carb depletion last week and plenty of carbs this week also helped.

I did something like this:
    -Drag curls

-Tri rope pushdowns

-DB curls (not alternating)

-Tricep overhead extensions

Then I did some decline ab work.
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'1"  111 lbs.

Just saw this, Amazing experience there! Must have been a great learning opportunity. Nice seeing all those pix and congrats on getting in with the top 7.

Wow, so your doing another competition in June, Good Luck and keep posting, this is a very nice log. Love the pix of Gatorland I went there when I was like 8 LOL no pirates then tho, at least I don't remember.
    smallfry@athleticxtreme.com
    http://www.facebook.com/Athleticxtreme
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

7. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrodz View Post
    Just saw this, Amazing experience there! Must have been a great learning opportunity. Nice seeing all those pix and congrats on getting in with the top 7.

Wow, so your doing another competition in June, Good Luck and keep posting, this is a very nice log. Love the pix of Gatorland I went there when I was like 8 LOL no pirates then tho, at least I don't remember.
    Thanks, it was a great experience! Gatorland was awesome, we had alot of fun there. The Pirate Dinner show was a separate event. I wanted to go to one of the dinner and a show attractions.

Goo to see that people like the log, I'll keep it going. I'm working on adding a little bit of mass and bringing up a couple areas like my hams for this month. Then the next two months will be dedicated to conditioning with no sudden rapid loss. I'll be working on my posing too and hopefully I can bring a better package to the next show. Too short of a time to make any single drastic changes but hopefully a lot of little ones and adjustments will make a difference.
  8. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Today I did chest with a little light shoulders thrown in and then some abs...and some cardio. Yeah I was at the gym WAY too long.

-DB incline bench (no spotter for this one so I worked up to 90's and left it there)

-BB flat bench
    This one was different. When I did 225, it felt a little heavier then normal, which I was very happy with. I decided to take a minute and do it again. The second time was much better and I decided to go up to 245 which is where I usually top out for a full set. I was able to do about 6 reps and I decided that I was going to push it today. So I was determined to see what I could do and threw on 260. Yes these numbers are not impressive but I've never had a good bench so I was happy. I got the 260 up for 4 reps and then decided to shoot for 275. I got it up 3 times but my spotter had to help steady and "pull just a little" so I don't count any of those. I think I can do if I try it earlier in the workout, so next week it's on!

-Incline BB bench

-Decline BB bench

-Boss leverage bench

-Pec flyes

then some light shoulders
    -Shoulder press

-Delt flyes

then ab work
    -decline sit-ups

-Neck-ups

-Weighted machine crunches

-Leg raises

-Russian twists
  9. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

So I didn't do my leg workout in the morning because I had a chemistry quiz in the afternoon to study for. I went after class instead and had a horrible workout. Not because of the timing but from the result.

I warmed up on the elliptical for 10 minutes and then warmed up by doing supersets with leg extensions and hamstring curls.

Then I started squats. I went really light at first and worked the weight up. I was still doing relatively light weight on my fourth set when at the last few reps, at the top, my lower back started feeling sore in a not so good way. I decided to stop there and not push it further. I evaluated my form and it looked good. I sat down and my back lower back slowly started seizing up. It got to the point where I decided I wasn't doing any more squats today and had to skip out on SLDL's. Just stripping the bar hurt. I had to walk like a constipated grandpa because the pain kept gradually intensifying. I didn't want to give up though and leave my hams unbalanced so I do some laying leg curls where I didn't have to put any pressure on my back. I then had to call it quits. I went into the hot tub for half an hour and that seemed to help while I was in there. I'm still not sure what I did wrong but I think I aggravated my previous injury from last december. So last night sucked.

Today it's really tight and sore but better. I'm going to try and make it to the gym here shortly for my delt day and do more machine and seated stuff to keep as much pressure off the back as possible. We'll see how it goes.

This might slow me down a little but won't stop me.
  10. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'1"  111 lbs.

Good Idea, it'll hopefully subside in a few days.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

11. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Good Idea, it'll hopefully subside in a few days.
    I ended up skipping the gym yesterday as it started to tighten up again and I didn't want to risk any further setbacks. I did go today though...update to follow shortly
  12. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

I did arms today and did mainly machines and cables to minimize movement and stabilizing with my back. My back felt a bit better today and my exercising actually seemed to help loosen it up a bit.

I did this:

-Preacher Curls (machine)
    supersetted with
    -Tricep Pushdowns (machine)
    supersetted with
    -Cable drag curls

Did a few sets and then did this:

-Tricep Overhead Extensions (machine)
    supersetted with
    -Bicep cable curls
    supersetted with
    -Bench dips (bodyweight only)

did a few rotations with minimal rest and had some great pumps.

Then I did some delt work.

-Rear delt cables

-Hammer Strength shoulder press

Figured that was probably enough this time!
  13. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Thumbs up

Today was...different. I was concerned about my back still but its been feeling MUCH better. Still a little tight though, so I decided to do what I wanted to do, but to monitor it. This workout turned out to be excellent for me and I was able to get a PR!

Here's what I did and in this exact order.

-Incline DB Press
    did several sets and worked my way up to 90lbs db's. I didn't want to do more without a spotter as I was going solo today.

-Flat Bench Press
    warmed up with the bar and then 135.
    Did a set and 225 and then decided to go straight for 275.
    I grabbed a guy at the gym and had him spot me and had another take the video.
    I was able get 5 reps at 275, the last two with help!

Here's the video:

That felt good and I was able to get multiple reps so I decide I would try to max out at 300. I was able to get 3 reps but the spotter assured me that I did either one or two without any help and that he just had his hands there for safety. PR at 300!

Here's that video:

I then tried the 300 again and did two reps but with alot of help as I was pretty much spent now.

-Decline Bench

-Incline Bench

-Pec Flyes
    compound setted with
    -Pec Dec
  14. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

so the day after that ^^^lift, I hit back really hard and strained what I believe is the origin of my brachialis. I tried to play ball later that night but it started to hurt too much and I had to leave to keep from aggravating it worse. Took the rest of the week off until saturday night.

So last friday I went camping and had some fun, saturday morning it snowed on us. I took a nap when I got home and ate a bunch of chocolate chip cookies that my wife made for me. I mean like a full dozen or so, which made me feel like crap so I forced myself to get up and go to the gym. It was one of those days that I wasn't very motivated so I took some extra Maximize to help give me a boost.

I did legs and was going to do arms afterwards. However, after legs, the staff started closing down the gym. I looked at the clock and it was only 8pm. I asked them if they were closing early for Easter and they said, uh no, we always close at 8 on saturdays. Oh. I went home and forced myself to finish my workout there. I was worried about my arms because of the strain which was finally feeling better so I did really low weight/high reps. All of my reps were in the 20-30 rep range. It kept my arm from hurting and actual got some decent hypertrophy.

Yesterday I did my normal chest day but did lighter weight and higher reps again but closer to 12-15 reps. I did:

Incline DB press

Flat DB press

Decline DB press

and finished with incline smith press.

I missed this morning's workout with some stomach issues that kept me up most of the night. Not sure if it was from something that I ate but I don't feel sick. I'll be back at it tomorrow and also play some ball tonight.
  15. mw1
    Sponsor

Congrats on the PR

Serious Nutrition Solution ~~

mw at seriousnutritionsolutions dot com
    snsgamers.com
  16. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'1"  111 lbs.

Hey! I could have sworn I posted here earlier today!
    Congrats on the PR man, nice vids
    Snow at the end of April! I can't even imagine.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

17. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mw1 View Post
    Congrats on the PR
    thanks em, it was nice to hit that.

Hey! I could have sworn I posted here earlier today!
    Congrats on the PR man, nice vids
    Snow at the end of April! I can't even imagine.
    yeah, it snowed again yesterday and last night. so tired of snow. Next time I move, it's going to be somewhere warm where there is no such thing as snow.
  18. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I just saw this log today. I'm sort of in vague contest prep myself, as the show i'm entering is near the end of August. So i'm not in a super rush now, but will fat loss hit hard come june.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  19. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    I just saw this log today. I'm sort of in vague contest prep myself, as the show i'm entering is near the end of August. So i'm not in a super rush now, but will fat loss hit hard come june.
    nice, have you competed before? I have 8 weeks and 3 days until my next show. I'm starting conditioning for it now. I learned alot from the last one that will hopefully help me do better this time around.
  20. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

No, never competed, never have seen a 6 pack even I've kept procrastinating about it, and making relatively mediocre fat loss progress so I finally decided this would be the year. Comically, the original shows that I would have done one or the other of happen to be a week apart in June, and are on the weekends that my timeshare in PR begins and ends... so no dice for either of those this year. But luckily one of the IFBB pros local to me decided to set up a class II show (just local counties) for the end of August this year for the first time. The downside to the class II show is theres no weight classes for the Over 40 group. But I'm not sure whether thats necessarily all bad for me, as i'm guessing i'll come in low 180s for it, which most of the other shows have their over 40 cutoff at 176 1/4 for 2 weight classes
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  21. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

No, never competed, never have seen a 6 pack even I've kept procrastinating about it, and making relatively mediocre fat loss progress so I finally decided this would be the year. Comically, the original shows that I would have done one or the other of happen to be a week apart in June, and are on the weekends that my timeshare in PR begins and ends... so no dice for either of those this year. But luckily one of the IFBB pros local to me decided to set up a class II show (just local counties) for the end of August this year for the first time. The downside to the class II show is theres no weight classes for the Over 40 group. But I'm not sure whether thats necessarily all bad for me, as i'm guessing i'll come in low 180s for it, which most of the other shows have their over 40 cutoff at 176 1/4 for 2 weight classes
    That would be cool. You should definitely do it. As you can see even in this log, I was uncertain about it and finally signed up for the bodybuilding division the day before the show at the weigh-in's. I was just very critical of myself and wanted to present the best overall package that I could. Regardless, I learned a ton just from participating and meeting others and seeing how its' done behind the scenes. Let me know if you decided to do any kind of contest prep journal, I'd love to follow along.
  22. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

I will. I just have my normal log now, but once i'm back from vacation it all gets extra serious, and i'll be tracking diet too. I do need to start to do posing practice I gues. That will give my wife something new to laugh at.

Picking music is also a bit on the rough side really. What did you go with? I didn't notice you saying it in the post about the show, but i may have missed it.
    This space for rent

23. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

I will. I just have my normal log now, but once i'm back from vacation it all gets extra serious, and i'll be tracking diet too. I do need to start to do posing practice I gues. That will give my wife something new to laugh at.

Picking music is also a bit on the rough side really. What did you go with? I didn't notice you saying it in the post about the show, but i may have missed it.
    lol, yeah posing is difficult to do right. I'm still working on it and probably not as much as I should. For music, I wanted something that was upbeat but not gangsta, trendy, or popular that people hear all the time and are sick of. About 75% of the contestants picked rap for their song. One guy at a previous contest got dq'd because he didn't edit it. My song started off slow at first which is where I come into my initial pose nice and slow, and then the song hits and is full of energy. It was funny cause when the song "hit", I saw one of the judges jump! I had to keep from laughing. Here's the song that I picked:

Skillet, Whispers in the Dark
  24. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Yeah, I had already decided on making sure my music choice is a bit further out than most that i've heard

So far I'm probably leaning most towards this YouTube - M.I.A. PAPER PLANES official video

But was also thinking about potentially using some 70s music like maybe this YouTube - Suite: Judy Blue Eyes (Studio Version + Lyrics)

its some of the stuff I listen to while I work out so I figure why not.
    This space for rent

25. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Yeah, I had already decided on making sure my music choice is a bit further out than most that i've heard

So far I'm probably leaning most towards this YouTube - M.I.A. PAPER PLANES official video

But was also thinking about potentially using some 70s music like maybe this YouTube - Suite: Judy Blue Eyes (Studio Version + Lyrics)

its some of the stuff I listen to while I work out so I figure why not.
    def go with what you like. I just listened to both of those and like the MIA one better. Sounds like Straight to Hell by The Clash, but I think MIA improved upon it, which isn't often the case with remakes.
  26. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

yesterday I did legs and delts, not my optimal workout combo but I needed to get them in there this week. I'm heading out to do back now and then superset arms tomorrow with some light chest and abs.
  27. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Had some good workouts last week. This week and next week will be rocky though because I got finals during both. That will take precedence for now. I was still able to find some time to go to the gym today though. I made use of studying as well as I downloaded some podcasts that were lectures on the topics I was studying and listened to that as I lifted. I didn't go till this afternoon after I got some school work done but apparently I missed out. I found out that two chicks got into a physical fight and the police ended up responding there.

I did chest and then back today so I don't have to worry about coming in tomorrow and can focus on studying.

Here's what I did and since I haven't logged too much with my weights in awhile I'll try to remember what I did and keep it accurate. You'll notice that my rep range is up now that I'm starting to change my focus to condition for my next show.

Chest

Incline DB Press:
    15x40 (warm-up)
    15x60
    10x80
    7x100 These felt really good and I was surprised so I decided to push it today.
    5x110 (each dumbbell) PR! Always love it when that happens. I'm going to go for 120's next week and record it.

Flat Bench Press:
    7x225
    5x275
    decided that since 275 felt good with no help and I was able to do 300 a couple weeks ago, that I would push it further and see if I could max out at 315.
    0x315 fail. Oh well, at least I had a good spotter who allowed me to fully try and struggle it up with help.
    8ishx245
    8x225

Bent Over Cable Flyes: (high reps for hypertrophy)
    15x50
    15x60
    10x70
    12x60

Back

Pull-ups:
    BWx8-10ish?
    BWx 8ish?

Pendlay Rows on Smith:
    10x135
    no more, my lower back started hurting, still hasn't fully recovered and put too much pressure on it.

Yate Rows on Smith:
    15x135
    12x185
    12x225
    6x300

Back Extensions:
    BWx20
    BW+25x15
    BW+45x12
    BW+100x5 nice that this gym actually has 100 pound plates but it was very awkward to hold

light abs

Leg Raises (supporting body on forearms and flexion at the hip):
    BW of legs x25
    compound setted with
    Knee Ups:
    to failure IDK 8ish?

did that for a couple sets

Super Decline Sit-ups:
    I raised one side of unattached decline bench to its' maximum height and then put the raised end on a box platform. Did 21's. 7 reps from all the way down on my back to half way up, straight to 7 reps full range, then finished with 7 reps from half way point to all the way up. Those were killer.

Finished with extreme and static stretches.
  28. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

I went to the gym last night after class. I went to Gold's instead of my other typical gym. Both gyms have their benefits so I've kept memberships to them both.

I doubled up to keep from having to go in this morning and to get some extra study time in for my last final next week. I did legs and delts.

For legs, I did more light weight work to get a better stretch, focus more on form, and keep from aggravating anything. I warmed up and then was stubborn and decided to give squats a go again. After thoroughly warming up, I decided to try something different. I decided to try box squats for my first time. I actually really liked them and didn't have any lower back strain/pain, ect. I only went up to 185 since it's a new variation for me and I want to make sure I'm doing it right and prepare myself for heavier loads.

Here's some basic info on it that I found OL:

Benefits of Box Squats. Many of you will struggle to do Squats correctly. While giving up an exercise too early is never the option, switching to Box Squats can allow for safer & faster progress. Benefits:

Enforce Proper Technique. You canít cheat depth and you learn to sit back by moving your hips first. Box Squats also improve hip mobility.
    Develop Hip Power. Box Squats have you start from a dead stop in the bottom position. This develops a strong, explosive posterior chain.
    Safer. Rounding the lower back on Squats is common. While you still can do it on Box Squats, itís much harder and often goes away faster.

Getting The Box. Grab a box on which your hips end up below your knees when sitting. A box big enough for your glutes to sit on. Best is a box that allows for different heights so you can vary depth.

Box Squat Starting Position. The starting position on Box Squats is similar as for Squats. Although youíll use a slightly wider stance.

Low Bar. High bar doesnít work for Box Squats. Put the bar low, on top of your scapular spine. If this position feels hard: thoracic mobility.
    Narrow Grip. Makes it easier to keep your upper-back tight, which adds strength. Do shoulder dislocations if you struggle with this position.
    Foot Stance. Doesnít need to be a sumo stance, but should definitely be wider than your shoulder-width. Feet turned out about 30į.
    Tight Upper-back. Imagine you try to squeeze a pen between your shoulder-blades. Keep this position during the whole lift.
    Chest Up. Make a big chest and keep it up. This together with the tight upper-back will prevent your back to bend.
    Look Forward. Fix a point in front of you during the whole lift. Donít look up or down: look forward. If itís a mirror: look through it.
    Push Your Abs Out. Increases lower back stability. Push your abs out as if someone was going to punch you in your stomach.

How to Squat Down on The Box. Lower yourself by moving your hips first. Your knees should hardly move during Box Squats, it all comes from your hips. Read the article on how NOT to Squat.

Sit Back. Lead by pushing your hips back as far as you can. Think sitting on a toilet. Your knees donít move, your hips move back.
    Shins Perpendicular. Or even past perpendicular to the floor. Youíll get this by moving your hips first. Push them back as far as you can.
    Knees Out. Your upper-thighs must stay inline with your feet to avoid knee injuries. Push your knees out, point them where your toes point.
    Sit on The Box. Do not let yourself fall on the box. Lower yourself under control. Not slow, and not a touch & go. It should be controlled.
    Stay Tight. Donít relax your muscles, it can cause back injuries. Keep all your muscles tight on the box.

How to Squat off The Box. Stay tight, keep your chest up and look forward. Squat up by thinking hips up, do not lean forward.

Heels on The Floor. Curl your toes. Heels on the floor so you donít lose balance. Push from the outer side of your feet (wear Chuck Taylorís!)
    Explode. You canít do Box Squats slow. Squat up by exploding from your hips. Thatís how Box Squats build hip power.

Common Box Squat Mistakes. Box Squats Ė like any weight lifting exercise Ė can mess with your lower back if you donít do them correctly. The key is to sit on the box and stay tight. Do not bounce or relax.

Bouncing off The Box. Sandwiches your spine between the bar & the box, causing back injuries. Lower yourself under control. Sit on the box.
    Relaxing on The Box. Your spine gets the whole load as surrounding muscles canít provide support. Stay tight, push your abs out.
    Knees Forward. Kills posterior chain strength. Keep your shins (past) perpendicular to the floor. Lower yourself by pushing your hips back.
    Rocking Forward. Canít use your glutes effectively this way and risk back injury. Squat up by moving your hips up. Keep your torso still.
    Leaning Forward. Can make your back round. Look forward, big chest, shoulder-blades back & down, arch your back, push your abs out, Squat.
    Knees In. Puts uneven compressive forces on your knee joint. Push your knees out from start to finish. Keep your thighs inline with your feet.

I then did some light SLDL's.
    I did neck-ups for my abs in between sets.

I then did leg press, then laying hamstring curls, and then some hanging leg lifts compound setted with knee ups.

I then moved on to delts.

I did side lateral raises (with thumb up through the whole movement) and rear delt DB work.

Then did seated DB shoulder press. I only went up to 60 lbs DB's as I didn't have a spotter so after that I went to the FreeMotion cable shoulder press. I did 140lbs on that which felt great cause granted it's been awhile since I've used that cable machine, but it was also the most I've done for a full set at that weight. So it's been over a year since I've it (guessing here) but it's nice to see progress.

I then did some cable front and side raises.

I then played some basketball for about 40 minutes as my cardio. I finished up with some good stretches and spent some time in the steam room.

Oh and my gym is announcing the winner of their transformation challenge tomorrow, really hope I placed since it's a cash reward.
  29. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

It started out as a pretty rough morning. I couldn't get to sleep, not from anticipation but because my sleep schedule has been pretty jacked up lately from staying up really late studying for finals. After a couple hours of laying in bed I finally took some benadryl. Didn't work. So then I took a pack of my Animal PM. That did't work either. So at almost 3 in the morning now I decided just to go for a walk around my neighborhood. During my walk I found $5 on the ground, that part was nice. By 4am I was finally getting close to sleeping. I was then woken by my kids, one of which was throwing up all over his bed and the hall. I ended up giving him an empty protein tub to use as a emergency throw up bucket when we were all finally ready to head over for the award ceremony. As soon as I handed it to him he was puking in it.

So now on to the award ceremony. The men and woman's each had the their top three contestant's awarded. I thought it was top for each age category but I was wrong. Interesting because it makes it more difficult. Well, I won first place! That was really nice cause it was actually a cash prize. I was also selected as our area representative for the Gold's Challenge for the National Team. This means I have an opportunity to win $75K! Highly unlikely but it would be an amazing blessing.

Oh yeah, and I workedout afterwards and did cardio. Supersetted arms, did light upper pecs, and played basketball.
  30. Senior Member

Reputation Reputation

you're an F-18 bro
    iForce Nutrition Online Representative Manager
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominateÖiForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  31. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by baldwanus View Post
    you're an F-18 bro
    an overpriced piece of scrap metal!?

thanks bro!
  32. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Today I did chest. I did incline DB's and worked my way up to 100's. I was disappointed because they felt heavier today and my ribs almost ate one on the second set. Uhg, oh well, just one of those days where my biorhythm is off or just too stressed from finals. I saw that today would be better to focus on higher, more productive reps rather then heavier loads.

I did inclines for several sets and then moved to flat bench. I worked up to 275 where I still managed to get a set in but even my friend who was spotting me said that I seemed off today. I went down to 225 and did 11 reps for a few sets and worked on getting a nice pump instead.

Finished with several sets of cable flyes.

Diet has been perfect today and I'm trying to keep it that way. I got my next competition in just less then 7 weeks.
  33. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'1"  111 lbs.

Kudos for getting in there even when your stressed, stress works either way for me. Either it helps me hit it harder or I just get super unmotivated.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

34. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Kudos for getting in there even when your stressed, stress works either way for me. Either it helps me hit it harder or I just get super unmotivated.
    thanks, I can't go two days without the hitting the gym cause I start feeling like crap.

No gym today because I'm heading to school to study for my last final. After that ends this evening I will do a nice 2 hour cardio session consisting of full court basketball. Damage to the weights will resume tomorrow morning.
  35. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Been busy at work but I've gotten every workout in. Had some really good workouts last week and was called a "show off" from some random old dude while I was doing box squats. I looked around and didn't see anybody else around and my friend who was training with me heard it too and just started laughing. I've also increased my cardio this week as well.

***This week will have very sparse updates if any! I'm doing an interim class, which is basically and entire 3 credit semester class in one week. So I have class all day long and as soon as I get out I have several assignments due the following day. It's intense but it only lasts a week and I get a much lighter summer load because of it.
  36. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Updates will be better after this class ends friday.

I managed to hit the gym today. Did chest and back and then some cardio. The nice thing today was that I did a few sets of flat bench at 275 and then I did incline DB's, so reverse order of what I usually do except this time I had already done flat heavy but was still able to put up 110 DB's 4 times so I was please with that, especially since my diet is in full swing and I'm in a caloric deficit now.
  37. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Hit the gym today after my final. I did delts and then arms. Overall it felt pretty good but I was a little weaker with my delt exercises and I did those first. I'm hoping that it was just cause my chest is still really sore from wednesday and that was affecting it...but it might be my caloric deficit and dieting too.
  38. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

39. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  122 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by kingjameskjf View Post
    TRUTH!
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  40. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Just put up a log that I'm doing on AI's new reformulated RecoverPro, in case anybody is interested!
    Putting the new RecoverPro to the absolute test!

Similar Forum Threads

1. My contest prep...
    By rysigpi in forum Bodybuilding Contest Preperation
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 08-19-2012, 12:05 AM
  2. Contest Prep cycle and contest prep help
    By Swoleosis in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-07-2010, 03:40 PM
  3. Contest prep
    By kkschaef in forum Female Fitness