My Contest Prep/Workout Log

Page 12 of 13 First ... 10111213 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    so is krispy kremes and bacon, lol....with my low blood sugar it makes it really difficult to cut!!!
    Never been a doughnut fan but I do love bacon.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep

2. I hit shoulders and then arms today right at the beginning.

-OHP
    A few lighter weight sets, standing, while waiting for my wife since she needed a spot

-Side Lateral Raises
    compound setted with:
    -Front Raises

-Seated Machine lateral raises
    regular working sets then drop sets at end for burn out

-Rear Delt/Reverse Flyes
    Actually got to go pretty heavy on these, finally getting somewhere with these. Worked up to 175 (Paramount independent arm machine)

Now on to arms.

Tri-set composed of:
    -Bicep Curls
    supersetted with:
    -Tricep Pushdown (rope attachment)
    supersetted with:
    -Drag Curls
    did about 6 sets of these

Next tri-set with tricep emphasis this time:
    -Tricep Kickbacks
    supersetted with:
    -Bicep Reverse Curls
    supersetted with:
    -Underhand (supinated) Tricep Cable Extensions

-Dips
    Bodyweight (217 lbs)

On to cardio.
    -Did a full hour of cardio on treadmill, I worked my speed up to 4.0 MPH and still couldn't get my heart rate over 120 BPM.
    Afterwards I practiced posing. I need to get back to doing this regularly.
    •   

3. Hi James. I'm here whether you like it or not. Nice work on the lifts and cutting the BF!
    "Aren't two sparrows sold for a small coin? But not one of them will fall to the ground without your Father knowing about it already. Even the hairs of your head are all counted. Don't be afraid. You are worth more than many sparrows."

4. Quote Originally Posted by lukehayd View Post
    Hi James. I'm here whether you like it or not. Nice work on the lifts and cutting the BF!
    Thanks handsome! Always good to have ya around.

5. Quote Originally Posted by kingjameskjf View Post
    Never been a doughnut fan but I do love bacon.
    WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID
    •   

6. I went out last night and bought a big mirror for a room in our place that we set up for the posing. I got a vanity mirror as well to hang from the ceiling and tilt so I can see my back. I got this idea from a previous posing coach and really liked it. I was all set to go and then realized the mirror didn't come with anything to hang it with so I went out today and bought some wall anchors and screws.

I couldn't sleep very well last night so I finally got up early and just went to the gym. There was only like two people there which was nice. I was tired from lack of sleep so I did the lazy man method and used an exercise bike for an hour. After that, I actually felt better as my EC kicked in and I woke up so I jumped on the treadmill for another 35 minutes. Afterwards I had some leucine with some caff. free Focus XT and then we hit legs. Probably shouldn't have done an hour and half of cardio before, lol! Well my gym partner was tired too and didn't want to do anything too taxing and showed it by coming in flip flops. But we still got some work done.

-Calf Press

-Glute Kickbacks (shut up they work!)

Tri-set of:
    -Laying Hamstring Curls
    -Body Weight Squats
    -Calf Raises

Tri-set of:
    -Leg Extensions
    -Tibialis Raises
    -BW Squats

did 5 sets of all of that

Abs
    -Laying Crunches
    -Weighted Seated Crunches

Yeah kind of a lazy man workout today!

7. flip flops, lol.....

8. #cricketschirpping

"Aren't two sparrows sold for a small coin? But not one of them will fall to the ground without your Father knowing about it already. Even the hairs of your head are all counted. Don't be afraid. You are worth more than many sparrows."

9. Quote Originally Posted by lukehayd View Post
    #cricketschirpping

want to hear some crazy sheit...listen to ummagumma

10. Ok I'm back from the Arnold Classic in Ohio. Ohio really sucks, what a crappy state. Snowed on us everyday there. My wife did well in her competition. Her class was the largest of any other with 47 competitors. She didn't place but then again she was barely on stage and they didn't allow the C or D classes to perform their routines because the classes were too big, uh, that's crap and sounds like their problem since we spent quite a bit of money on this. Regardless, she did well enough to pick up a sponsor and also did a photo shoot later.

The expo was good, super packed and surprised that a lot of big companies that were at the Olympia weren't here. Friday was good and we got to see Arnold as he passed through with his squad of security. Saturday the expo was horrible because it was so incredibly packed that we left around 11 AM and didn't come back. The Olympia expo is far better and the Arnold deals were disappointing with crappy hand-outs. Hey we all love free stuff! I think BB.com, ON, BSN, Gaspari, Muscle Pharm, and surprisingly EAS were the top contributors there, IMO. The mens' bodybuilding finals were really cool. Fred Smalls put on the absolute best posing routine. The Dymatize party was probably the best non-arnold based event we went to and I fell in love with Bavarian pretzels in Columbus. Parking fees were ridiculous and you still had to park blocks away and freeze and then go to another place for a different event and then pay for their parking too. Overall it was pretty fun but I rate the Olympia over this. I got lots of t-shirts, however we paid for several of them, and actually very few samples, but some look interesting.

My wife on stage

Baltimore Ravens RB Jamal Lewis, we'll have to forgive him for being a Raven though.

Ph.D. and Natural Pro BB'er Layne Norton

Me and my training partner IFBB Pro Andy Haman

Having fun playing EAS's expo games

My wife and WBFF Pro Joelle Murphy

Flex, Nasser, Arnold, Ronnie, and Jay at the Men's BB'ing Finals

11. some great pics, kj....and your wife looks like a winner to me!!!!

thanks for sharing!!!!

12. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    some great pics, kj....and your wife looks like a winner to me!!!!

thanks for sharing!!!!
    Thanks bud!

I haven't been TOO lazy! I did back today, legs yesterday, and chest the day before. I picked up some good Inzer gripper knee wraps and elbow sleeves.

13. When are you going pro?

14. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    When are you going pro?
    lol, I'll never make pro, my true aspirations lay in grad school. However, my wife is on her way to making pro and it's her ultimate goal. We got a tentative photo shoot set up for next week and did another one at the Arnold. I'll share some pics when they come in.

15. Quote Originally Posted by kingjameskjf View Post
    lol, I'll never make pro, my true aspirations lay in grad school. However, my wife is on her way to making pro and it's her ultimate goal. We got a tentative photo shoot set up for next week and did another one at the Arnold. I'll share some pics when they come in.
    I'm gonna be in the NFL.

Or a regular guy, whichever happens first.

16. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    I'm gonna be in the NFL.Or a regular guy, whichever happens first.
    Good plan. I'm going to watch the NFL.

Or attend another game, whichever happens first.

17. I ran into Dusty Hanshaw at the Arnold Olympia. I got to train with him at the Gold's Gym on Flamingo in Las Vegas at the 2010 Olympia and was in one of his training videos. He interviewed my and my wife and had some fun in this video during the Arnold.

If you want to skip straight to the good part (me!) then go to 5:40.

18. this was my first year going to the Arnold. We only went sunday trying to avoid the crowd. Ultimate Fail. Seriously was ridicilouslly crowded. Pretty dissapointed honestly. The lines were sooo long and like you said crappy handouts. Oh well Next year im just gonna go saturday and sit and watch the compititions all day and not move from in front of the stage haha. Arnold walked through on sunday too. Soo much security! Good pics thanks for sharing.
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html

19. Quote Originally Posted by Danb2285 View Post
    this was my first year going to the Arnold. We only went sunday trying to avoid the crowd. Ultimate Fail. Seriously was ridicilouslly crowded. Pretty dissapointed honestly. The lines were sooo long and like you said crappy handouts. Oh well Next year im just gonna go saturday and sit and watch the compititions all day and not move from in front of the stage haha. Arnold walked through on sunday too. Soo much security! Good pics thanks for sharing.
    That's about how I felt. It was fun but not worth the whole ordeal if my wife wasn't competing.

20. Quote Originally Posted by kingjameskjf View Post
    That's about how I felt. It was fun but not worth the whole ordeal if my wife wasn't competing.
    But yet you want me to go with you next year!?

21. Quote Originally Posted by kingjameskjf View Post
    I ran into Dusty Hanshaw at the Arnold Olympia. I got to train with him at the Gold's Gym on Flamingo in Las Vegas at the 2010 Olympia and was in one of his training videos. He interviewed my and my wife and had some fun in this video during the Arnold.

If you want to skip straight to the good part (me!) then go to 5:40.
    lol...you look like a reciever standing next to a lineman...that's a big dude!!!

22. Quote Originally Posted by lukehayd View Post
    But yet you want me to go with you next year!?
    Yes so you can share in my misery! No, it really wasn't bad, we just had a lot of things go wrong that I didn't even bother posting. However, I hold to my statement that the Olympia is much better.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    lol...you look like a reciever standing next to a lineman...that's a big dude!!!
    lol, yeah he's massive! He's bigger then a lot of the pros I met and a cool guy to talk to.

23. Shoulders and abs today.

-OHP
    These felt good today so I decided to go for a PR and tried 225. Well, I can't count it cause I just didn't get deep enough but I did ok. I got video of it but was also frustrated that the beams hid the weight plates.

-Side Lateral Raise with DB's
    compound setted with:
    -Front DB Raises
    did a bunch of these

-Rear Delt Cable Flyes
    Did about 6 sets here as well

Then did a three station ab circuit till we were tired.

24. i guess we will take your word on the weight, lol....nice!!!

25. I have been following in here,but somehow not showing in notifications,so resubbed!
    SERIOUS NUTRITION SOLUTIONS
    mack @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    "Revolutionizing Sports Nutrition, One Product At A Time"

26. I did me some back today. Yes I just did back recently but it was kinda crappy and had a bunch of people talking to me since I had just gotten back so I wanted to hit better today.

My training partner had other things to do today so I trained with another buddy today.

-Rack Pulls
    405 (straps and belt)
    585---FAIL. What!? I just did these two weeks ago easy. That kind of pissed me off. Guess I spent too much time off at the Arnold and ate out too much!

-Pendlay Rows
    Been awhile since I've done these, they felt good though.

-Yate Rows
    20x135 Got a good pump after this set

-DB and HS Pullovers

20 minutes cardio.

27. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    i guess we will take your word on the weight, lol....nice!!!
    Yeah kinda negates the point of the video lol!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mack411 View Post
    I have been following in here,but somehow not showing in notifications,so resubbed!
    I will let this slide this time!

28. Started with an hour of cardio today, split between the treadmill and basketball. Then on to chest.

-Bench Press
    325 PR! I felt good today so instead of going to 315 I decided to try 325 again and got it for a clean solid 1 and then 3 assisted.

-DB Incline Press
    worked up to 110 DB's

-Cable Flyes
    doesn't look like much but we did a lot of sets

Then spent a pleasant afternoon with the dentist.

29. congrats on the pr!!!

condolences on the dentist trip!!!

30. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    congrats on the pr!!!condolences on the dentist trip!!!
    lol thanks! The pr was great because I've been stuck on that one for over a year. The dentist, well, it's the expense associated that kills me.I know I'm slacking on updates. I'm still hitting the gym but I'm also packing up and getting ready to move out of state and get all my school things in order.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. My contest prep...
    By rysigpi in forum Bodybuilding Contest Preperation
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 08-19-2012, 12:05 AM
  2. Contest Prep cycle and contest prep help
    By Swoleosis in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-07-2010, 03:40 PM
  3. Contest prep