MOTIV8 II: The Big Squirrel Nut Swingers

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
It has begun.

Well, it began about a week ago actually, but I'm just now getting the thread going for our team. We are The Big Squirrel Nut Swingers. That's me, Aeternitatis, and my friend since childhood, Infamoussp. We're both fat muthafakks, as you can plainly see. And so, as per the contest rules laid down by Controlled Labs, we have 8 weeks to do a crazy good transformation. And we will.

Oh yes, we will.

Shield your eyes, gentlemen:

Aeternitatis

Infamoussp

Anyways, we will be talking about our training, our diets, our penors, and all else as this log progresses. There will be more details of each of us and our specific goals to come. In the mean time, I know that we would both very much appreciate all the input and encouragement that this board can provide.

:grouphug:

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
haha repped, love the forever alone
In for this!
Welcome all. :biggthumpup:

Woke up at 8:00 after about 5 hours of sleep. Took 2 scoops of Reduction AM shot. Now we're cookin with gas.

So, today is a very low cal day. I gotta make up for not starting strong. Since I took my before pic on Wednesday, I am exactly 1 week into this thing and really haven't made any progress. Anyways, I'm up 300 cals so far today. Probably will only eat another 700 for the day.

Bought jugs of Muscle Milk for $10. u mad?
Got boxes of Powerbar Protein Plus for $3.50. u jelly?

:lmao:

Infamoussp

Infamoussp

Awards
Well I woke up at 9am myself after only 3 wonderful hours of sleep thanks to some digestion issues. I am about to go for my afternoon jog before hitting the showers and running off to work.

Today I have had 1/2 cup of some Kashi cereal so about 110 cal after the very small amount of milk. I also had a prune and a cup of decaffeinated tea. I have work so my intake will only be about 400 more cal till tonight when I go for a second run before I shower and sleep. Night runs are the best when near the beach.

As for arms, today has been a push up day. I drop and do 20 as often as I can through out the day. I am up to 40 so far but I did just get up :)

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
I'm subbed too!

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
Well I woke up at 9am myself after only 3 wonderful hours of sleep thanks to some digestion issues.
You think the digestion issues are from the change in diet?
Night runs are the best when near the beach.
Hell yeah they are. I'm gonna have to join you on a night run coming up.
As for arms, today has been a push up day. I drop and do 20 as often as I can through out the day. I am up to 40 so far but I did just get up :)
wrt the above, everyone subbing should know that Infamous has pretty much no access to weights or standard gym equipment so his workouts are primarily bodyweight.

BTW, did you see this week's challenge? We gotta come up with a rap featuring CL products. :p

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
So, today I hiked 3 miles through the woods. Never was one for those indoor cardio machines.

Lifted weights. My resources are limited but I managed DB bench press and 1-arm row, 1-leg DB deadlift, curls and tri ext., DB split squat. The numbers are pathetic so I'm just gonna hide that shame. Looking to get my pullup bar set up immediately... one of my favorite exercises. Thinking of purchasing some concrete and pouring it over the ends of a steel pipe to fashion a makeshift barbell. Concrete is about $5 for an 80-lb bag, can't beat that. Would be the cheapest barbell weight set ever.

Had myself some veggie burritos: refried beans, fat free cottage cheese, hot sauce, wrapped in romaine lettuce. fuk yeah Finished the day off with a skinless chicken breast and two small slices of olive bread. All in all, I maintained more caloric goal of ~1000 cals. Plan to repeat the same tomorrow.

My legs are sore!!!
But I'm trying to muster up the resolve to get in one more light jog or perhaps a walk with a weighted backpack.

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established

Infamoussp

Infamoussp

Awards
Sorry, it has been so crazy with work and the workouts it is hard to get online.

So my diet has been at a steady 2k calories with a few days of 1200 mixed in. High protein has been my focus.

I ordered my weight vest finally (WOOHOO!) so now my hikes will have a 75 pound vest with 2 8 pound glove weights making an extra 91 pounds. So excited you have no idea.

I have been doing alot of cardio since the weather is ****ty and my walks in the rain have been giving me the sniffles. So I have been doing some old school (and by old school I mean highschool PE) exercises. Doing lines (no not cocaine) which are 20 feet apart in sets of 3 (20, 40, 60 feet dash), Still can't do pullups that much yet but I need to burn more of this gut off first.

Sticking with doing pushups throughout the day in groups of 20, my record for the day is 76 but that is spread out over 4 times. started doing jumping jacks and can do 110 before my face looks like a tomato and I need to stop. Shooting for the big 300 but breathing seems to be the hardest thing for me.

Well need to get back to work. That was my 2 cents :biggthumpup:

Now, who stole my pen? I bet it was that guy. . . . :poke:

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
Just got back from running 3 miles in the woods. Love the mud! Love the creek splashing me as I jump across it. Had my sorry ass hyperventilating.

Last night hit 3x8 of DB split squats
Friday hit up 5x8 deadlifts
Thursday had a badass upper body workout I don't feel like typing out. :D

My diet has been hit and miss. Some days are perfect, other days not so much. Nonetheless, I feel my energy going up quite a bit and I'm leaning out a lot.

Starting bodyweight: 181 lb
Current bodyweight: 174 lb

I'll be doing upper body in a bit and may report back.

The fun continues.