Rodja's Post-Grad Training

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've had a busy Fall this year: I got married and I (finally) finished up grad school. I don't have anything lined up for now, but I have some saved up from the last few semesters and the wife has a decent paying job, so we're ok for awhile on that end.

However, at this moment, I have a new battle; well, it's actually an old one for me: MMA. I started helping out a friend get ready for his amateur event about a month ago. It's been over 18 months since my last fight and, for the most part, I haven't had the urge to compete. The prospect of cutting weight and going into a 8-week camp didn't sound alluring to me. Then, a funny thing happened: I started having fun with training again. I've gone to some new schools during this month and the new environments have refueled the tanks. Based on previous experience, I am, realistically, 3 months away from being in-shape and at weight.

Here's my plan:
1. Conditioning, conditioning, conditioning
2. Focus on my wrestling
3. Use for BJJ for defensive purposes
4. Hone my striking to a new level
5. Most importantly, do not overtrain and peak 10-14 days before the fight

Lifting:
5/3/1
I'll be doing the 4-day split with only some assistance work (not including rear delt/posture work; that is essential and should be done regardless). For upper-body, most of my assistance work will be body-weight lifts: dips, pullups, blast-strap stuff. I'll be getting a weighted vest as well in the near future. For lower, I'll be doing the main lift and then working the antagonist (e.g. deads followed by lunges) along with core. I don't want to burn out my legs since I'll be doing other high-intensity leg work

Conditioning:
I have 2 tools available that I did not have previously: a 450 lb tire and a Prowler. I've been using these consistently over the past month or so and have good days and bad days. Sometimes, I just don't have the burst in my quads and the Prowler moves very slowly. However, there are days where I just zip right along.

12/27: Military

Standing Military: 130x3, 135x3, 140x5
Chins: BWx10x5
Dips: BW+25x15, BW+25x15, BW+25x15
Facepulls: 80x15x5

DC Stretches

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
awesome dude!!! im following and trying your workouts!!!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Supplements:
Krill Oil
Fish Oil
EndoAmp Max
MAP
HEAT
DCP
ALA
Gut Health

Most of the supplements I take are general health (ALA, fish/krill oil, Gut Health) and the HEAT/DCP is to help get the weight-loss process started. I started at about 215 lbs 6 weeks ago and am barely above 201 as of this morning. However, I can tell I'm overdieting as my strength levels have tailed off and my recovery is down. Pass the carbs...

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What's your diet looking like Rodja?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What's your diet looking like Rodja?
Upon waking:
1 scoop MAP
1/2 scoop EndoAmp Max

Meal #1 (600mg ALA ~30 minutes before eating):
4 eggs (2 whole, 2 whites)
4 oz 93/7 beef or 2 links beef sausage
2 servings fruit
1C Basmati rice

Meal #2:
Protein Shake w/ EVOO and Fish Oil
1 serving fruit

Train

Meal #3/Post-Training:
2 scoops MAP as I leave the gym
Whole-food meal once I get home (1-2 servings of vegetables)

Meal #4:
Protein Shake

MMA

Meal #5:
8-10 oz Chicken
1C Basmati rice or 10 oz potatoes
2 servings vegetables

Meal #6:
Protein shake w/ Fish Oil

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
12/28: Squats

Squats: 225x3, 245x3, 255x8
Good Mornings: 135x10, 135x10
Standing Cable Crunches: 80x12, 80x12, 80x12

DC Stretches

Conditioning

8 rounds:
3 tire flips
50M Prowler Push
30 Jumping Jacks

Total Time:
20:59

This was very disappointing for me. I did the exact same conditioning drill on Saturday in 1:04 less time than yesterday. From the first moment I was pushing the Prowler, I could feel my quads were exhausted and I couldn't get any speed. Perhaps, though, the rain slowed down the speed of the Prowler on the asphalt? Either way, the session was a disappointment for me.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
12/29: MMA

Well, today was one of those days where I never found a groove and couldn't loosen up. I didn't take a lot of damage, but I definitely wasn't able to land any significant combinations and my TDs were awful. The only thing that I was able to somewhat land were my low kicks and front kicks. All-in-all, I'm really getting my feet back under me (so to speak), so I can't complain too much. After my pre-hab and a small warm-up, I ended up going 7 rounds and actually didn't feel that gassed out, which is a very good sign for the future.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Supplements:
Krill Oil
Fish Oil
EndoAmp Max
MAP
HEAT
DCP
ALA
Gut Health

Most of the supplements I take are general health (ALA, fish/krill oil, Gut Health) and the HEAT/DCP is to help get the weight-loss process started. I started at about 215 lbs 6 weeks ago and am barely above 201 as of this morning. However, I can tell I'm overdieting as my strength levels have tailed off and my recovery is down. Pass the carbs...
I'm going to be using the HEAT/DCP stack soon - along with just my staples (or most of them) as well - so interesting to see how you find it (I've heard nothing but good things). You can have all the carbs I've been wolfing down - pass me the diet time (going to have the discipline for it this time).

~Rosie~

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
12/29: MMA

Well, today was one of those days where I never found a groove and couldn't loosen up. I didn't take a lot of damage, but I definitely wasn't able to land any significant combinations and my TDs were awful. The only thing that I was able to somewhat land were my low kicks and front kicks. All-in-all, I'm really getting my feet back under me (so to speak), so I can't complain too much. After my pre-hab and a small warm-up, I ended up going 7 rounds and actually didn't feel that gassed out, which is a very good sign for the future.
takes a while to get back into it sometimes. ive actually stopped beta alanine, it used to help so much with lactic acid build up between rounds but i feel like my body has gotten used to it after a while. oh and tonight is the last night at my school, they went under. rent is too high and too much competition from other schools that charge less. hows the place you go to now? whats the price and hows the setup?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
takes a while to get back into it sometimes. ive actually stopped beta alanine, it used to help so much with lactic acid build up between rounds but i feel like my body has gotten used to it after a while. oh and tonight is the last night at my school, they went under. rent is too high and too much competition from other schools that charge less. hows the place you go to now? whats the price and hows the setup?
I'm kinda a mercenary right now in the sense that I go around helping out other schools in the area in some form or fashion and get to train for free as a result. However, the newest place I've been going has a full cage and a half-cage to get used to the atmosphere, cage tactics, etc.

It didn't hit me until last night, but the reason I was having so much trouble was because of my hip flexors and my psoas. They were really tight and prevented me from getting any solid rotation in my hips and my shot was slower than molasses. Time to up the foam roller and pre-hab.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
I'm kinda a mercenary right now in the sense that I go around helping out other schools in the area in some form or fashion and get to train for free as a result. However, the newest place I've been going has a full cage and a half-cage to get used to the atmosphere, cage tactics, etc.

It didn't hit me until last night, but the reason I was having so much trouble was because of my hip flexors and my psoas. They were really tight and prevented me from getting any solid rotation in my hips and my shot was slower than molasses. Time to up the foam roller and pre-hab.
how are you helping them out? teaching? yeah tight flexors will kill movement. i always foam roll after heavy squatting thats when i feel like they are the tightest

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
how are you helping them out? teaching? yeah tight flexors will kill movement. i always foam roll after heavy squatting thats when i feel like they are the tightest
Teaching, S&C work, pre-hab techniques.

What's been taking a huge toll on my legs has been the Prowler. It's astronomically increased my cardio, but my quads have been struggling to keep up.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
12/28: Squats

Squats: 225x3, 245x3, 255x8
Good Mornings: 135x10, 135x10

DC Stretches

Conditioning

8 rounds:
3 tire flips
50M Prowler Push
30 Jumping Jacks

Total Time:
20:59

This was very disappointing for me. I did the exact same conditioning drill on Saturday in 1:04 less time than yesterday. From the first moment I was pushing the Prowler, I could feel my quads were exhausted and I couldn't get any speed. Perhaps, though, the rain slowed down the speed of the Prowler on the asphalt? Either way, the session was a disappointment for me.
How heavy is the tire? Those damn things can be exhausting and why both Fish and Krill oils?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm pretty sure it's 450lb. The Prowler actually takes out much, much more out of me than the tire, but I love the power and technique involved.

I use both fish and krill to include more EFA/Omega-3 in my diet for their anti-inflammatory effects.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Teaching, S&C work, pre-hab techniques.

What's been taking a huge toll on my legs has been the Prowler. It's astronomically increased my cardio, but my quads have been struggling to keep up.
sweet, the regular 24/7 weights gym that i go to is in the process of getting one. once they do i might have to get some sample workouts from you

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
12/30: Incline

Foam Roll
Pre-Hab
Facepulls

Incline BP: 155x3, 165x3, 175x5
Neutral Pullups: BWx10x5
T-Bar Rows/Pressdowns: 160x12/80x12, 180x12/80x12, 180x12/80x12
BB Curls/Incline Scapula Adductions: 65x12/90x12, 75x12/115x12, 80x10/115x12

DC Stretches

Funny thing happened during this session: I experience zero AC pain for the first time in awhile during a primary chest lift. However, I didn't push it too much by adding in dips during this session. My legs have been feeling tired and sluggish lately, so I've given them some time off and am still making some adjustments to my routine. I've tossed around the idea of returning to a dynamic leg day instead of having two sessions where I really push myself. Luckily, I still have plenty of time to make my adjustments and get my weight where I want it before I have to go full-bore into training.

BigKrabbe

BigKrabbe

Awards
  • Established
12/30: Incline

Foam Roll
Pre-Hab
Facepulls

Incline BP: 155x3, 165x3, 175x5
Neutral Pullups: BWx10x5
T-Bar Rows/Pressdowns: 160x12/80x12, 180x12/80x12, 180x12/80x12
BB Curls/Incline Scapula Adductions: 65x12/90x12, 75x12/115x12, 80x10/115x12

DC Stretches

Funny thing happened during this session: I experience zero AC pain for the first time in awhile during a primary chest lift. However, I didn't push it too much by adding in dips during this session. My legs have been feeling tired and sluggish lately, so I've given them some time off and am still making some adjustments to my routine. I've tossed around the idea of returning to a dynamic leg day instead of having two sessions where I really push myself. Luckily, I still have plenty of time to make my adjustments and get my weight where I want it before I have to go full-bore into training.
It's always nice when your used to pain when lifting, then walah it's just not there! Subbed to your log, best of luck on your weight loss journey to 185. How does your AC joint/shoulder do with lifting and training out of curiousity? I used to train and fight, but realized I had to make a choice of lifting or fighting my right shoulder simply could not handle it even with prehab/injury prevention/smr and ice baths.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's always nice when your used to pain when lifting, then walah it's just not there! Subbed to your log, best of luck on your weight loss journey to 185. How does your AC joint/shoulder do with lifting and training out of curiousity? I used to train and fight, but realized I had to make a choice of lifting or fighting my right shoulder simply could not handle it even with prehab/injury prevention/smr and ice baths.
I honestly can't give that an assessment as I haven't been training and lifting concurrently for a long time. This injury really occurred during June and it took about 4 months before I felt 100%.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
1/1: Deadlifts, Core

Deads: 315x3, 335x3, 365x3, 385x8, 390x6
Incline Sit-ups: B+25x10, BW+25x10, BW+25x10

DC Stretches

Lots of tightness in my adductors and it really limited my burst out of the hole. The first 6 inches were a major struggle and I had to muscle it up. Erectors were very sore from this and this is uncommon for me, which is a sign my technique was awful. I've really come to the conclusion that I have cut calories too much as I am losing strength in almost everything and my recovery is down.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
1/1: Deadlifts, Core

Deads: 315x3, 335x3, 365x3, 385x8, 390x6
Incline Sit-ups: B+25x10, BW+25x10, BW+25x10

DC Stretches

Lots of tightness in my adductors and it really limited my burst out of the hole. The first 6 inches were a major struggle and I had to muscle it up. Erectors were very sore from this and this is uncommon for me, which is a sign my technique was awful. I've really come to the conclusion that I have cut calories too much as I am losing strength in almost everything and my recovery is down.
hey man what do you think about the difference between a conventional barbell deadlift versus using the apparatus where you stand in the middle and grip the handles on the outside? sounds redneck i just cant remember the name of it.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
hey man what do you think about the difference between a conventional barbell deadlift versus using the apparatus where you stand in the middle and grip the handles on the outside? sounds redneck i just cant remember the name of it.
The Hexagon bar correlates much, much more with a squat then a dead lift. The Hexagon bar does not incorporate the posterior chain as dead lifts do. Furthermore, the Hexagon bar has the resistance parallel to your axial skeleton, as oppose to dead lifts has the resistance to the front, meaning, your upper back muscles are primarily involved in just scapular elevation with no real scapular retraction or better put, half the work/stimulation.

The Hexagon bar is a good way to replace a Conventional Squat, but not so much the dead lift, even though one of the misnomers of the Hexagon bar is the "dead lift bar" or "traps bar." Traps I can see, but not dead lift. The primary areas of the dead lift, posterior chain and upper back are basically left out of this exercise.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
The Hexagon bar correlates much, much more with a squat then a dead lift. The Hexagon bar does not incorporate the posterior chain as dead lifts do. Furthermore, the Hexagon bar has the resistance parallel to your axial skeleton, as oppose to dead lifts has the resistance to the front, meaning, you're upper back muscles are primarily involved in just scapular elevation with no real scapular retraction or better put, half the work/stimulation.

The Hexagon bar is a good way to replace a Conventional Squat, but not so much the dead lift, even though one of the misnomers of the Hexagon bar is the "dead lift bar" or "traps bar." Traps I can see, but not dead lift. The primary areas of the dead lift, posterior chain and upper back are basically left out of this exercise.
wow thanks dude, good knowledge

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've never been a fan of a hex bar because of the aforementioned quad overload as opposed to posterior overload. However, it is a great tool for power. You can replace a jump squat with it for those that are not comfortable with a bar on their back during this type of exercise.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
I've never been a fan of a hex bar because of the aforementioned quad overload as opposed to posterior overload. However, it is a great tool for power. You can replace a jump squat with it for those that are not comfortable with a bar on their back during this type of exercise.
yea ill try to mix a little bit of that into my workouts then. hey question, our new gym has wrestling classes so im gonna need some shoes. any suggestions, something cheap that wont fall apart?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yea ill try to mix a little bit of that into my workouts then. hey question, our new gym has wrestling classes so im gonna need some shoes. any suggestions, something cheap that wont fall apart?
A good pair of Asics isn't expensive. Try to get a split soled shoe if you can.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
How are you dosing your endoamp? I read 1/2 scoop in the morning and i was browsing for when you took the other half, but I didn't find it. I've heard varying advice on how to dose it. One full scoop first thing in the morning or two half scoops and why? I train at 4:30pm, how would you recommend I dose it?

I just bought Phyto Testosterone and EndoAmp (to bridge the void between now and the release of the Androseries) and this will be my first official experience with a PP product.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How are you dosing your endoamp? I read 1/2 scoop in the morning and i was browsing for when you took the other half, but I didn't find it. I've heard varying advice on how to dose it. One full scoop first thing in the morning or two half scoops and why? I train at 4:30pm, how would you recommend I dose it?

I just bought Phyto Testosterone and EndoAmp (to bridge the void between now and the release of the Androseries) and this will be my first official experience with a PP product.
1/2 upon waking
1/2 with pre-training drink of MAP, GPLC, BA, etc.

EndoAmp has really helped me with my VAT levels, which had increased lately, but they were significantly lowered within a month.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
1/2 upon waking
1/2 with pre-training drink of MAP, GPLC, BA, etc.

EndoAmp has really helped me with my VAT levels, which had increased lately, but they were significantly lowered within a month.
Thanks. EndoAmp is an expensive staple, but if its worth it, its worth it. I'll see when my shipment comes in.

Side note. I finally hit Olympic Cleans for 225 x 3. Oly PR's seem to get me way more stoked then strength PR's.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
1/3: Military

Standing Military: 125x3, 135x3, 145x3
T-Bar Rows: 180x12, 180x12, 180x12
Dips: BWx20, BWx20, BWx20
Pressdowns/Rear Flys: 180x15/30x15, 180x15/30x15, 180x15/30x15

DC Stretches

Continuing to make some adjustments to everything. The gym I've been going to has a slightly more narrow handle for dips and it has thrown off my technique. Instead of risking injury, I've gone to high-rep BW dips for the time being. The major thing I will be doing over the next 10 days is to find a nice amalgam of 5/3/1 and WS4SBv3 to fit my goals a little better.

I went to MMA in the evening and I only did a few rounds of light sparring (I was wearing my MMA sparring gloves and went light to sharpen my range) and then some submission grappling in a cage. As a grappler, doing this will be invaluable to sharpening my game for the future.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
1/4: Squat

Squats: 225x3, 245x3, 275x1, 285x5
SLDL (done on 4" box): 135x10, 135x10, 135x10

DC Stretches

Decent session. Still struggling to sit back on my hips and drive forward, but that will come with time. I had been noticing some extra tightness in my hamstrings, so I did SLDL for the first time in awhile and on top of a box, which was completely new to me. I kept the weight light to really focus on the stretch and it was great.

HATEFULone

HATEFULone

Awards
  • Established
Looking good in here Rodja, as usual. Keep up the hard work and it will pay off, the added ROM on the SLDL's is a killer, if you are having issues with your hips, either add some bands or try a few weeks of box squats. Also, just because I'm a real jerk, you should get a rope and sit in the tire and pull the prowler kinda like in strongman competitions, and also get a sledgehammer and do some hammer swings on that tire. Alright the verbal jabbing is over, will be following closely.

The Neck

The Neck

Awards
  • Established
Log looks great, I'm also a fan of the DC Stretches!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looking good in here Rodja, as usual. Keep up the hard work and it will pay off, the added ROM on the SLDL's is a killer, if you are having issues with your hips, either add some bands or try a few weeks of box squats. Also, just because I'm a real jerk, you should get a rope and sit in the tire and pull the prowler kinda like in strongman competitions, and also get a sledgehammer and do some hammer swings on that tire. Alright the verbal jabbing is over, will be following closely.
It's not any tightness in my hips; I took care of that a few months ago and religiously stretch and foam roll. I may be overly critical of myself on my technique, but I prefer it that way.

As for the conditioning, baby steps...I'm working my way up and am treading a very fine line of trying to improve both my S&C along with losing some BF. A very fine line for me to tread at this point.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
1/6: Incline

Incline BP: 165x3, 175x3, 185x2
DB Rows: 120x15, 120x15, 120x15
Flat DB Press/Facepulls: 60x10/150x15, 65x10/150x15, 70x10/150x10

DC Stretches

Conditioning

Prowler (low handles): 20 yds
30 Jumping Jacks
3 Tire Flips
Prowler (vertical bars): 20 yds

Repeat 5x (10:29)

Well, I forgot something critical for this session: my foam roller. It's not so much the trap/lats that I worry about loosening up; it's the anterior delt tendon. To counter this, I took extra time doing mobility movements and working the RC complex. I found a nice groove for the incline until I had trouble on the liftoff on the max set. I could feel my technique get loose and I muscled it up instead of using a nice technical movement. I cannot continue to do that as it will lead to an injury very soon.

HATEFULone

HATEFULone

Awards
  • Established
Nice workout, are you doing any crawls for upper body mobility?

BigKrabbe

BigKrabbe

Awards
  • Established
1/6: Incline

Incline BP: 165x3, 175x3, 185x2
DB Rows: 120x15, 120x15, 120x15
Flat DB Press/Facepulls: 60x10/150x15, 65x10/150x15, 70x10/150x10

DC Stretches

Conditioning

Prowler (low handles): 20 yds
30 Jumping Jacks
3 Tire Flips
Prowler (vertical bars): 20 yds

Repeat 5x (10:29)

Well, I forgot something critical for this session: my foam roller. It's not so much the trap/lats that I worry about loosening up; it's the anterior delt tendon. To counter this, I took extra time doing mobility movements and working the RC complex. I found a nice groove for the incline until I had trouble on the liftoff on the max set. I could feel my technique get loose and I muscled it up instead of using a nice technical movement. I cannot continue to do that as it will lead to an injury very soon.
Hey Rodja,
I forget my pvc pipe sometimes as well, a good substitute is using a dense medicine ball to roll out pec minor, anterior delts, serratus, etc if you never have before.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice workout, are you doing any crawls for upper body mobility?
I actually have great mobility and flexibility except in two areas: my left shoulder and my lower back. Both of them are a result of injuries from years ago, but I've been able to either work around them or minimize them. Weight training has done much less to my body than BJJ has done to my body. I still have great flexibility (e.g. I can do the horizontal splits) and it has really helped to keep my body functioning.

Hey Rodja,
I forget my pvc pipe sometimes as well, a good substitute is using a dense medicine ball to roll out pec minor, anterior delts, serratus, etc if you never have before.
The gym I'm going to right now is so archaic that it lacks even a medicine ball.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
1/8: Deads

Deads: 315x3, 335x3, 365x2, 385x1, 395x1, 405x4

Prowler

At this point, I can definitely see two major things occurring in my training: a lack of food and too much work. My strength numbers have either hit a wall or declined as I have began cutting. I expected to lose some strength along the way, but, as I suspected, I dropped way too much weight in a very short period of time.

This week marks my deload and I will be changing up something for my next microcycle. First, I will be adjusting my leg training to potentially having alternate weeks for squats and deads. Second, on my leg training days, I will be doing just the main movement and core since the Prowler and tire flips also put a lot of stress onto my thighs and hips.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
hey do you still take ALCAR? i just started a few days ago and I like how it feels, just wanted to see what you think about it.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
which of the androseries do you intend to run? if any, once it's released?

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
I always keep some around and have made the jump to ArginoCarn since I started repping for PP.
one more question. when it comes to single amino acids (alcar, DAA, BA, etc) do you take them with food or empty stomach first thing in AM?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
which of the androseries do you intend to run? if any, once it's released?
I haven't really thought that far ahead right now. It all depends upon what my goals are over the next few months. I'd love to have a fight or two in the Spring, but I'm not sure if it's feasible. If I'm not fighting, I'll definitely be going the AndroMass route, but that is still TBD.

one more question. when it comes to single amino acids (alcar, DAA, BA, etc) do you take them with food or empty stomach first thing in AM?
TO my knowledge, it really doesn't even matter. I personally take BA pre/post with some MAP, DAA is before bed with a protein shake, and ALCAR is on a relatively empty stomach.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
late subbed... bout to go back and catch up now

HATEFULone

HATEFULone

Awards
  • Established
Rodja, I had some good luck with doing speed squats and deads alternating weeks, and doing a 4 week microcyle using either prowler sprints, or tire flips as my max effort lower body lift, really helped my strength and endurance numbers in the long run.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What weight do you cut to and walk around at?
Well, when I was actively fighting, I would walk around in the 183-187 range and then I'd really just let the activity drop a few lbs off of me. I'm not a big weight cutter and I like to keep my sauna sessions to 3 hours maximum.

Rodja, I had some good luck with doing speed squats and deads alternating weeks, and doing a 4 week microcyle using either prowler sprints, or tire flips as my max effort lower body lift, really helped my strength and endurance numbers in the long run.
I was actually going to do the opposite: squats or deads for a microcycle on max effort and then Prowler, tire, and plyos for dynamic. I figure that the dynamic effort days can also be used as a heavier conditioning day since the CNS toll from dynamic leg day is pretty low.

HATEFULone

HATEFULone

Awards
  • Established
Agreed, I think that is the beauty of any modified westside routine, you can mix and match anything to fit your personal needs and it still works, interested to see how you do in your fight, how many weeks left until you go to war?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agreed, I think that is the beauty of any modified westside routine, you can mix and match anything to fit your personal needs and it still works, interested to see how you do in your fight, how many weeks left until you go to war?
Right now, I don't have anything officially set up and I prefer it that way. I'm in no shape to accept a fight right now. If I had to put a date on it, I'd say I'd be ready by April.