Bassgod's Quest to be the BEST!!!!

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
Hey everyone, I just did my first show ever, the NPC Western Regional. I got 2nd place out of 11 guys in the novice middleweight class and 6th place out of 18 guys in the open middleweight class. I weighed in at 175.2lbs. I was VERY pleased with my physique.

This will be my log for my off season to my next show. Not sure when that will be, but somewhere around a year from now. Gotta slap on a lot more mass. My AWESOME trainer Clay, aka TEAM180 here at the AM forum, got me to where I am today. He actually got me to grow into the show and get me bigger and stronger even while dieting. He's THE MAN! I am taking 1 week off to give my body some much needed rest and recovery from contest prep, then it's time to hit it hard in the gym and get huge! My log will consist of pics and videos at random times when I see decent progress. Hope everyone likes it and follows along :)

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
11/12/10 - chest, delts, and tris

My routine is all drop sets. I rest just enough time in between sets to change the weight, so maybe 15sec tops. I also do DC Extreme stretches after each body part. Reps for upper body exercises are 8-12 and lower body is 12-15. Now keep in mind i've just finished dieting for the past 4 months and did a show, so my strength is down. My goal is to bulk back up to 220 and annihilate all previous records on every lift.

Flat BB Press - 185x8, 155x8, 135x8
Incline Machine Press - 200x7, 150x5, 110x8
Cable Crossovers - 55x12, 45x10, 35x15

Lever Military Press - 230x12, 180x8, 90x15
Standing DB Laterals - 35x8, 30x8, 25x10
Bent Over DB Laterals - 35x15, 30x12, 25x15

Skull Crushers - 50x12, 40x11, 30x15
Overhead Rope Extensions - 70x12, 60x10, 50x12
Reverse Cable Curls - 80x12, 70x12, 60x15

Overall this was a good session. I got an awesome pump and my delts were so pumped it was painful. I looked really full, vascular, and big. I'm still lean since i just did the show, so now i'm just real ripped and big looking. I like it :)
Weight this AM was 185, so that's up 10lbs from a week ago when i did the show. Bring on 220!!

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
11-14-10 quads, hams, calves, and abs

Squats - 225x15, 185x12, 135x15
Leg Press - 8pl x15, 6pl x10, 4pl x15
Leg Extension - 170x17, 140x15, 110x14
Toe Press - 10pl x20, 8pl x15, 6pl x20
Seated Leg Curls - 115x17, 100x15, 85x12
Rope Crunches - 170x35, 150x30, 130x30

Overall a good session. As you can see, all reps were at or above the high end of my rep range, so that means more weight next time! My quads are nice and sore today and the pump i had yesterday while training was nuts. My calves, has, and quads looked veiny, full, and sick! oh, and today is day 2 of 6mg/day of boladrol btw :sgrin:

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Gl man, your honda love this stuff. You should be able to put it on fast n lean on this compound.

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
Gl man, your honda love this stuff. You should be able to put it on fast n lean on this compound.
good! that plus my diet should make for some great gains. being shredded at 4% body fat was awesome, don't get me wrong, but it's time to feel big again lol.

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Congrats on the placing!! Great job!!

If youre looking to feel BIG again Boladrol is a great choice and Im sure it will be even better with your HRT dose of test.

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
Congrats on the placing!! Great job!!

If youre looking to feel BIG again Boladrol is a great choice and Im sure it will be even better with your HRT dose of test.
thanks man. well it's twice the hrt dose lol. hrt is 200 bi-weekly and i'm using 200/wk. my doc said he thought i needed to up the dose, so doctors orders...:)

gib68sg

gib68sg

Awards
In for the ride...people have been absolutely loving Boladrol, lets see what it can do for you!

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
Weight still at 185, today is day 3 of 6mg/day Boladrol. Hitting back, bis, and traps later today, so it should be fun!

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
thanks man. well it's twice the hrt dose lol. hrt is 200 bi-weekly and i'm using 200/wk. my doc said he thought i needed to up the dose, so doctors orders...:)
My "doctor" ;) has me on 300 mgs. of Cyp weekly and "he" knows his stuff!!:lol:

I'm subbed brosenhauf. I wouldn't miss this for all the 9 worlds mein bruder.

Congrats on the placing and getting down to 4% bodyfat. :clap2:

I'm sitting at 9% now and weighing in at 256 lbs.

Luvin' every minute of it!!! :woohoo:

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
My "doctor" ;) has me on 300 mgs. of Cyp weekly and "he" knows his stuff!!:lol:

I'm subbed brosenhauf. I wouldn't miss this for all the 9 worlds mein bruder.

Congrats on the placing and getting down to 4% bodyfat. :clap2:

I'm sitting at 9% now and weighing in at 256 lbs.

Luvin' every minute of it!!! :woohoo:
thanks TG :)

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
Weight this AM is 188, so i gained 3lbs in 3 days, sweet! well technically i gained 3lbs in 1 day cuz yesterday morning i still weighed 185 lol. i will post last nights workout after work cuz i'm pressed for time atm. i will say that the pumps from this are NUTS! literally painful, and the deep sleep i've been getting is amazing!

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
Weight this AM is 188, so i gained 3lbs in 3 days, sweet! well technically i gained 3lbs in 1 day cuz yesterday morning i still weighed 185 lol. i will post last nights workout after work cuz i'm pressed for time atm. i will say that the pumps from this are NUTS! literally painful, and the deep sleep i've been getting is amazing!
Subbed !

Just wait, I hear it only gets better as the cycle progresses :D

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
Subbed !

Just wait, I hear it only gets better as the cycle progresses :D
awesome! I took a pic last night at the gym that I will post after work, for now you guys will have to wait in suspense lol. But I will just say that I am amazed at how much pure muscle I put on during my contest prep. I never used to believe that you could grow into a show but I was wayyyy wrong. For those of you who have seen pics of me in the past you will see what I'm talking about.

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
11-16-10 - back, bis, and traps

Rack Deads - 315x10, 275x10, 225x9
Wide Grip Lat Pulldowns - 215x15, 190x10, 170x8
Seated 1 Arm Cable Rows - 170x12, 150x10, 130x12
Hyper Extensions - 55x12, 45x12, 25x12
Seated DB Curls - 45x10, 35x8, 30x10
Machine Preacher Curls - 110x12, 90x12, 70x8
DB Shrugs - 75x15, 65x8, 55x10, then ran the rack down to the 30's for fun.

another awesome session. mind/muscle connection was great, delts and arms were nice and vascular, and i looked crazy full. my arms felt like they were going to explode and it literally hurt to bend them. sounds like a lame N.O. supplement advertisement lol, but it's the God's honest truth. the pumps i've been getting are just nuts. i've also been sleeping VERY well and it's the deep GH induced sleep. i have very detailed, vivid dreams every time i sleep and i start snoring my wife said, like 5 minutes after i lay down. she said i've never snored in the almost 4yrs we've been together lol. crazy how i just started all the sudden. i'm guessing it's a combo of my body recovering from my show and the crazy strict dieting, preparation, and just straight exhaustion, as well as my new increased carbs and cals diet, heavy training, and the boladrol being in my system.

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
Omg, another insanely good night's sleep last night. Crazy post-apocalyptic dream, lol, but I was in a deep deeeeeeeeeeep sleep. Scale says 190 this morning, so that's a 5lb gain thus far!

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
weight is 191 this AM, had another awesome night's sleep with vivid dreams. here's last night's session...

11/18/10 - Boladrol Day 5 - chest, delts, tris

Decline BB Press - 185x15, 155x10, 135x10
Incline DB Press - 75x9, 65x7, 55x6
Low Pulley Cable Crossovers - 50x12, 40x9, 30x10
DB Military Press - 65x10, 55x8, 45x15
Seated DB Laterals - 30x15, 25x10, 20x15
Rear Delt Flye Machine - 150x15, 130x15, 110x10
Dips - 45x8, 25x8
Tri Pushdowns - 180x12, 160x10, 140x10

Another great session with sick pumps. Strength is slowly but surely coming back. Next time i'll be using more weight on the decline bb press, low pulley cc's, seated db laterals, rear delt flye machine, and tri pushdowns.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Strength is slowly but surely coming back. Next time i'll be using more weight on the decline bb press, low pulley cc's, seated db laterals, rear delt flye machine, and tri pushdowns.
Great idea. Push for strength. This is where the Boladrol and the SD really shines. As Dante says, "A stronger muscle is going to result in a bigger muscle."

Have you thought about going back to DC training? I'm thinking of re-incorporating some of those Rest-Pause sets back into my current Dorian Yates' type routine.

You're doing great so far in rebuilding the mass you lost through the strict contest prep dieting.

Kill this shit Bass!! Kill it!! :AR15firing: :rocketwhore:

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
Great idea. Push for strength. This is where the Boladrol and the SD really shines. As Dante says, "A stronger muscle is going to result in a bigger muscle."

Have you thought about going back to DC training? I'm thinking of re-incorporating some of those Rest-Pause sets back into my current Dorian Yates' type routine.

You're doing great so far in rebuilding the mass you lost through the strict contest prep dieting.

Kill this shit Bass!! Kill it!! :AR15firing: :rocketwhore:

I thought about it, but this routine is very similar and is what got me to grow into my show while dieting. I do drop sets as you can see and I only rest 15sec between sets. I still do DC stretches to stretch the muscle fascia and improve recovery too. It allows for nice and steady strength and size gains. Reps stay between 8-12 for upper body and 12-15 for lower body.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I thought about it, but this routine is very similar and is what got me to grow into my show while dieting. I do drop sets as you can see and I only rest 15sec between sets. I still do DC stretches to stretch the muscle fascia and improve recovery too. It allows for nice and steady strength and size gains. Reps stay between 8-12 for upper body and 12-15 for lower body.
Gotcha. I alternate between periods of drop-sets and rest-pauses. Then sometimes I'll switch things around and do pre-exhaust sets. Gotta love intensity techniques. :twisted:

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
ok, so i really don't want to disappoint everyone, but I am dropping the boladrol. i was chosen to actually do a sponsored log by IronMag Labs for their product DMZ-Rx(dymethazine/superdrol). It arrived, so I have to start that. Not to worry though because I will still be using the boladrol in the near future after giving my body some rest and recovery time from this current cycle. sorry guys :sad3: but 6lbs in 6 days is great from the boladrol! the pumps were awesome and strength was going up nicely. i'm really looking forward to using it again very soon. for now though, let's see what the DMZ-Rx can do!!!! my dose will be 40mg/day btw.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ok, so i really don't want to disappoint everyone, but I am dropping the boladrol. i was chosen to actually do a sponsored log by IronMag Labs for their product DMZ-Rx(dymethazine/superdrol). It arrived, so I have to start that. Not to worry though because I will still be using the boladrol in the near future after giving my body some rest and recovery time from this current cycle. sorry guys :sad3: but 6lbs in 6 days is great from the boladrol! the pumps were awesome and strength was going up nicely. i'm really looking forward to using it again very soon. for now though, let's see what the DMZ-Rx can do!!!! my dose will be 40mg/day btw.
Can we say "stack"? ha ha Naw.....just kidding. Boladrol and DMZ together might be a little too much.
40 mgs. of DMZ should be just about right. Start pounding down the protein like Ronnie Coleman with the munchies. :sgrin:

Get your grow-on brutha-mang!!! :head:

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
Can we say "stack"? ha ha Naw.....just kidding. Boladrol and DMZ together might be a little too much.
40 mgs. of DMZ should be just about right. Start pounding down the protein like Ronnie Coleman with the munchies. :sgrin:

Get your grow-on brutha-mang!!! :head:
oh, i thought about it believe me lol. that would just be flat out mean to my body though. weight this AM was 192, so up another pound. i'm really liking this add another pound everyday thing lol. took my first dose of super-dmz 2hrs ago, and i'm gonna take 1 cap(10mg) every 4hrs.

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
weight this AM was 196, but yesterday was a cheat day so I expected that.

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
Day 2(yesterday) of 40mg Super-DMZ - quads, hams, calves, abs

Squats - 245x15(+20lbs), 185x15(+3rp), 135(+5rp)x20

Leg Press - 8pl+10lbs x18(+10lbs), 6pl x15(+5rp), 4pl x15

Smythe Calve Raises - 250x15, 180x10, 90x12

Leg Extensions - 185x15(+15lbs), 155x12(+15lbs), 135(+15lbs)x12

Seated Leg Curls - 130x15(+15lbs), 115x13(+15lbs), 85x16(+4rp)

Rope Crunches - 190x37(+20lbs and 2rp), 150x30, 130x30

The pumps in my quads and calves were ridiculous. Had veins running all throughout my legs while posing. One bad thing to note is back pumps: after squats back pumps kicked in, then after leg presses they were almost debilitating. Kind of odd since i've never had back pumps from regular SD before even at 30mg. Oh well, that's why I have taurine, so i'll start using 4g/day of taurine and see if that helps. i'm also going to start drinking 1 and 1/2 gallons of water per day instead of just 1 gallon. Weight this AM was 194.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
nice bortha
im in for this isht

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
One bad thing to note is back pumps: after squats back pumps kicked in, then after leg presses they were almost debilitating. Kind of odd since i've never had back pumps from regular SD before even at 30mg. Oh well, that's why I have taurine, so i'll start using 4g/day of taurine and see if that helps. i'm also going to start drinking 1 and 1/2 gallons of water per day instead of just 1 gallon. Weight this AM was 194.
I know that you're aware of this, but you can go higher with the Taurine dosing if necessary. My protein powder has 5 grams of crystalized Taurine per 1 scoop serving. And I take 2 scoops so that's 10 grams of Taurine.
Maybe that's why I never have back pumps. That and I drink almost 2 gallons of water each day.

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
I know that you're aware of this, but you can go higher with the Taurine dosing if necessary. My protein powder has 5 grams of crystalized Taurine per 1 scoop serving. And I take 2 scoops so that's 10 grams of Taurine.
Maybe that's why I never have back pumps. That and I drink almost 2 gallons of water each day.
yea, i'm gonna bump it to 6g and drink 2 gallons per day and see what happens. my trainer said just deal with it cuz i can't do anything about it. it's 95% due to the mass i've gained in such a short time. he said it's blood volume and that's what we want. i've gained 20lbs in 3 weeks and the pumps i get in the gym are the craziest pumps i've ever had in my entire life.

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
11/23 - Super DMZ 40mg #4 - Back, Bis, Traps

Deads - 315x15(+5rp), 275x10, 225x12(+3rp)

Wide Grip Lat Pulls - 225x12(+10lbs), 190x12(+2rp), 170x9(+1rp)

1 Arm Cable Rows - 175x13(+5lbs and 1rp), 155x12(+5lbs and 2rp), 135x12(+5lbs)

EZ Curls - 90x11, 70x8, 50x15

Machine Preacher Curls - 115x10(+5lbs), 90x8, 70x10(+2rp)

Lever Shrugs - 360x12, 270x13, 180x10

Insane back pumps, VERY painful. Insane bicep and forearm pumps, VERY full and vascular. It literally looked like someone blew my bis up with air. I was going to do DB concentration curls, but the pump was too much and my left hand and forearm were hurting bad. Felt like back pumps feel, but in my hand and forearm. I could have done more cable rows, preacher curls, and shrugs, but the pain was just too much. I didn't give up though, I repped them out until i dropped the weight. Not sure what's going on with the hand and forearm, but it sucks. I'm going to up the taurine to 6g/day and drink 2 gallons of water.

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
Weight this AM is 199.6

I hope everyone has an awesome, relaxing Thanksgiving. Eat a shytload of good food and binge! I know I will!!!! Remember to thank those who have helped you in any way shape or form. Without the help and support of friends and family, this sport would be non-existent. Don't just thank them for their continuous support in bodybuilding and fitness obviously, but thank everyone and anyone for all that they do for you on a daily basis. People NEVER show ANYWHERE NEAR enough gratitude these days.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Weight this AM is 199.6

I hope everyone has an awesome, relaxing Thanksgiving. Eat a shytload of good food and binge! I know I will!!!! Remember to thank those who have helped you in any way shape or form. Without the help and support of friends and family, this sport would be non-existent. Don't just thank them for their continuous support in bodybuilding and fitness obviously, but thank everyone and anyone for all that they do for you on a daily basis. People NEVER show ANYWHERE NEAR enough gratitude these days.
Thank you for an awesome thread

i think today is gonna be a good day :hump:

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Weight this AM is 199.6

Here, here!! Excellent advice mein bruder. Sometimes we tend to keep our gratitude for others to ourselves and fail to let them know just what they mean to us. It's time to verbalize our love and thankfulness.

I appreciate all the help and support you've given me over these last 3 years Bass. U DA MAYNE!!

Keep up the good work and the positive attitude. Everything else will fall into place.

:You_Rock_Emoticon:

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
thank you all for subscribing and following along, and thank you TG for everything you've taught me; especially when I first became a member here and had VERY limited TRUE knowledge regarding bodybuilding.

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
Morning weight is 197. Now THAT is weird! lol. I was expecting to gain, not lose. I did however, get rid of quite a bit of excess water yesterday, so maybe that has something to do with it.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Morning weight is 197. Now THAT is weird! lol. I was expecting to gain, not lose. I did however, get rid of quite a bit of excess water yesterday, so maybe that has something to do with it.
what the???
maybe turkey has fat burning effects
:33:

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Turkey is going to be the hottest new thing to hit the supplement shelves !

Thermogenic and Sleep Aid in one :lol:
Turkey-drol...

quick someone tell LMD to jump on this idea :hump:

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
Lol, i agree. i slept like a baby for a couple hours after i gorged on turkey w/ gravy, mashed potatoes w/ gravy, and dinner rolls lol. When i woke up, I had more of those same things as well as 5 slices of pumpkin pie lol. Mmmmhhhhmmmm good!!

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol, i agree. i slept like a baby for a couple hours after i gorged on turkey w/ gravy, mashed potatoes w/ gravy, and dinner rolls lol. When i woke up, I had more of those same things as well as 5 slices of pumpkin pie lol. Mmmmhhhhmmmm good!!
man i dont get sleepy from turkey
i just get super full, i ate like 2 meals (very big meals nonetheless) but 2 meals had me stuffed for the whole day

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I tell myself every Thanksgiving and Christmas that I'm gonna let go and eat whatever I want. But then sanity kicks in and tells me to not spoil all the hard effort I've put in to stay relatively lean (9% bf) and it changes my plans.

For the Thanksgiving feast I had a huge pile of grilled turkey, a mound of baked ham, a very small dab of stuffing, but a rather large helping of sweet potatoe casserole. NO DESSERT!!

Maybe I can relax a little for Christmas.........maybe :laugh:

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
man i dont get sleepy from turkey
i just get super full, i ate like 2 meals (very big meals nonetheless) but 2 meals had me stuffed for the whole day
that is what i did too, but had a shake and brown rice cakes before bed. i think that also had something to do with the loss of weight; eating only 3 meals, as opposed to my usual 6-7.

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
I tell myself every Thanksgiving and Christmas that I'm gonna let go and eat whatever I want. But then sanity kicks in and tells me to not spoil all the hard effort I've put in to stay relatively lean (9% bf) and it changes my plans.

For the Thanksgiving feast I had a huge pile of grilled turkey, a mound of baked ham, a very small dab of stuffing, but a rather large helping of sweet potatoe casserole. NO DESSERT!!

Maybe I can relax a little for Christmas.........maybe :laugh:
Lol, i hear ya man. Reese's Penaut Butter Xmas trees are my downfall for christmas lol. I don't doubt i'll eat any less than 10 of em lol.

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
Super-DMZ Day 7 - Chest, Delts, Tris(11/26/10)

Flat DB Press - 80x14, 70x7, 60x8
Incline BB Press - 155x13, 145x7, 135x6
Cable Flyes - 55x15, 45x11, 35x15
Smythe Mil Press - 140x9, 110x12, 90x10
Standing DB Laterals - 35x12, 30x10, 25x12
Bent Over Cable Laterals - 50x15, 40x15
Tricep Extension Machine - 160x15, 140x15, 120x15
Overhead DB Press - 60x12, 50x12, 40x12

Felt weak as hell and real spaced out all day long. I shouldn't have even went to the gym, but I hadn't trained in 2 days, so I had to go. As you can see, I was weak, but still did better than I expected.

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
11/28/10 Quads, Hams, Calves, Abs - Super DMZ #9

Squats - 275x15(+30lbs), 225x10, 185x10

Leg Press - 8pl+20lbs x18(+10lbs), 6pl+20lbs x15(+20lbs), 4pl+20lbs x18(+20lbs and 3rp)

Toe Press - 12pl x20(+90lbs), 10pl x15(+90lbs), 8pl x15(+90lbs)

Leg Extension - 190x20(+5lbs and 5rp), 160x15(+5lbs and 3rp), 135x15(+3rp)

^^The mind/muscle connection and "feel" of the quads working was AMAZING with these. As of late, i've been really concentrating on going nice and slow with reps and slow negatives as well as concentrating as hard as i can on muscle contractions. it's working very well for sure. It's hard to explain, but i've found that with these, they are treated like i used to treat DB concentration curls. I wasn't using my hands and forearms as "hooks," I was squeezing the bar real hard and wondering why i wasn't feeling my biceps work. Well I stopped doing that now, and just used my bicep muscle ONLY to bring the weight up. Well, your legs work the same way obviously, so i thought why not try it for leg extensions as well. Use just your quad contractions to lift the weight up, NOT your shins/feet. Don't push up with your feet and shins at the start of the movement, just concentrate on acting as if your feet and shins are dead and can't move at all. The only thing you can use to lift the weight up is your quads. This works SO well it's ridiculous.

Seated Leg Curls - 135x16(+5lbs and 1rp), 120x13(+5lbs), 100x17(+15lbs and 1rp)

Rope Crunches - 190x33, 170x30(+20lbs) - Didn't do a 3rd set because I was really tired and just wanted to get home to my family before I had to go to bed. Working 50hrs a week, doing 3/4 time college online, having a wife and son, and finding time to be a competitive bodybuilder is not easy sometimes. I used to be very selfish and just worry about lifting and me in general, well i have to think about my family as well. They wait at home while daddy drives 30min just to get to the gym and 30min back and the 45-60min it takes to train. Then i come home, say goodnight to my wife, tuck my son into bed, eat, and go to sleep. I'd much rather come home, eat, and have some family time before having to go to sleep. I'm going to switch up my current schedule at work to make that happen. The gym isn't going anywhere, but family and people in general could be gone tomorrow.