1. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.92%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by bassgod272 View Post
    Morning weight is 197. Now THAT is weird! lol. I was expecting to gain, not lose. I did however, get rid of quite a bit of excess water yesterday, so maybe that has something to do with it.
    what the???
    maybe turkey has fat burning effects
    The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do.

2. IBE/PHF Rep
    Stats
    6'5"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.2%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rochabp View Post
    what the???
    maybe turkey has fat burning effects
    Turkey is going to be the hottest new thing to hit the supplement shelves !

Thermogenic and Sleep Aid in one
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.92%

Quote Originally Posted by AK32408 View Post
    Turkey is going to be the hottest new thing to hit the supplement shelves !

Thermogenic and Sleep Aid in one
    Turkey-drol...

quick someone tell LMD to jump on this idea
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.91%

Lol, i agree. i slept like a baby for a couple hours after i gorged on turkey w/ gravy, mashed potatoes w/ gravy, and dinner rolls lol. When i woke up, I had more of those same things as well as 5 slices of pumpkin pie lol. Mmmmhhhhmmmm good!!
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.92%

Lol, i agree. i slept like a baby for a couple hours after i gorged on turkey w/ gravy, mashed potatoes w/ gravy, and dinner rolls lol. When i woke up, I had more of those same things as well as 5 slices of pumpkin pie lol. Mmmmhhhhmmmm good!!
    man i dont get sleepy from turkey
    i just get super full, i ate like 2 meals (very big meals nonetheless) but 2 meals had me stuffed for the whole day
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.15%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

I tell myself every Thanksgiving and Christmas that I'm gonna let go and eat whatever I want. But then sanity kicks in and tells me to not spoil all the hard effort I've put in to stay relatively lean (9% bf) and it changes my plans.

For the Thanksgiving feast I had a huge pile of grilled turkey, a mound of baked ham, a very small dab of stuffing, but a rather large helping of sweet potatoe casserole. NO DESSERT!!

Maybe I can relax a little for Christmas.........maybe
    THE PAIN YOU ENDURE TODAY WILL PRODUCE THE POWER YOU ENJOY TOMORROW!!

"Ye are gods, and all of you are children of the most High."
  7. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.91%

man i dont get sleepy from turkey
    i just get super full, i ate like 2 meals (very big meals nonetheless) but 2 meals had me stuffed for the whole day
    that is what i did too, but had a shake and brown rice cakes before bed. i think that also had something to do with the loss of weight; eating only 3 meals, as opposed to my usual 6-7.
  8. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.91%

Quote Originally Posted by thundergod View Post
    I tell myself every Thanksgiving and Christmas that I'm gonna let go and eat whatever I want. But then sanity kicks in and tells me to not spoil all the hard effort I've put in to stay relatively lean (9% bf) and it changes my plans.

For the Thanksgiving feast I had a huge pile of grilled turkey, a mound of baked ham, a very small dab of stuffing, but a rather large helping of sweet potatoe casserole. NO DESSERT!!

Maybe I can relax a little for Christmas.........maybe
    Lol, i hear ya man. Reese's Penaut Butter Xmas trees are my downfall for christmas lol. I don't doubt i'll eat any less than 10 of em lol.
  9. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.91%

Super-DMZ Day 7 - Chest, Delts, Tris(11/26/10)

Flat DB Press - 80x14, 70x7, 60x8
    Incline BB Press - 155x13, 145x7, 135x6
    Cable Flyes - 55x15, 45x11, 35x15
    Smythe Mil Press - 140x9, 110x12, 90x10
    Standing DB Laterals - 35x12, 30x10, 25x12
    Bent Over Cable Laterals - 50x15, 40x15
    Tricep Extension Machine - 160x15, 140x15, 120x15
    Overhead DB Press - 60x12, 50x12, 40x12

Felt weak as hell and real spaced out all day long. I shouldn't have even went to the gym, but I hadn't trained in 2 days, so I had to go. As you can see, I was weak, but still did better than I expected.
  10. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.91%

11/28/10 Quads, Hams, Calves, Abs - Super DMZ #9

Squats - 275x15(+30lbs), 225x10, 185x10

Leg Press - 8pl+20lbs x18(+10lbs), 6pl+20lbs x15(+20lbs), 4pl+20lbs x18(+20lbs and 3rp)

Toe Press - 12pl x20(+90lbs), 10pl x15(+90lbs), 8pl x15(+90lbs)

Leg Extension - 190x20(+5lbs and 5rp), 160x15(+5lbs and 3rp), 135x15(+3rp)

^^The mind/muscle connection and "feel" of the quads working was AMAZING with these. As of late, i've been really concentrating on going nice and slow with reps and slow negatives as well as concentrating as hard as i can on muscle contractions. it's working very well for sure. It's hard to explain, but i've found that with these, they are treated like i used to treat DB concentration curls. I wasn't using my hands and forearms as "hooks," I was squeezing the bar real hard and wondering why i wasn't feeling my biceps work. Well I stopped doing that now, and just used my bicep muscle ONLY to bring the weight up. Well, your legs work the same way obviously, so i thought why not try it for leg extensions as well. Use just your quad contractions to lift the weight up, NOT your shins/feet. Don't push up with your feet and shins at the start of the movement, just concentrate on acting as if your feet and shins are dead and can't move at all. The only thing you can use to lift the weight up is your quads. This works SO well it's ridiculous.

Seated Leg Curls - 135x16(+5lbs and 1rp), 120x13(+5lbs), 100x17(+15lbs and 1rp)

Rope Crunches - 190x33, 170x30(+20lbs) - Didn't do a 3rd set because I was really tired and just wanted to get home to my family before I had to go to bed. Working 50hrs a week, doing 3/4 time college online, having a wife and son, and finding time to be a competitive bodybuilder is not easy sometimes. I used to be very selfish and just worry about lifting and me in general, well i have to think about my family as well. They wait at home while daddy drives 30min just to get to the gym and 30min back and the 45-60min it takes to train. Then i come home, say goodnight to my wife, tuck my son into bed, eat, and go to sleep. I'd much rather come home, eat, and have some family time before having to go to sleep. I'm going to switch up my current schedule at work to make that happen. The gym isn't going anywhere, but family and people in general could be gone tomorrow.
  11. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.15%

Good stuff Bass!! Sounds like the DMZ is kicking some royal ass!!

And so are you!!

Never Surrender Mein Bruder!!

12. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.91%

Good stuff Bass!! Sounds like the DMZ is kicking some royal ass!!

And so are you!!

Never Surrender Mein Bruder!!
    Oh it definitely is, thanks man. Thinking about kicking it up to 50mg, but i'm starting to get some acne and i'm going to start taking my doxycyline which stresses the liver, so i'm not sure if i wanna do that anymore than i already am.
  13. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.91%

11/30/10 - back, bis, traps - DMZ#11

Deads - 335x8(+20lbs), 275x15(+5rp), 225x13(+1rp)

Wide Grip Lat Pulls - 225x13(+1rp), 190x13(+1rp), 170x11(+2rp)

Bent Over BB Rows - 185x15, 155x10, 135x12 - Had to stop on the last reps of each set of these due to the INSANE back pumps, not because my back was fatigued

Standing DB Curls - 45x13, 40x9, 35x8

Machine Preacher Curls - 115x11(+1rp), 90x9(+1rp), 70x12(+2rp)

DB Shrugs - 80x15(+5lbs), 70x12(+5lbs and 4rp), 60x12(+5lbs and 2rp) - Had to quit before my traps were fatigued due to the INSANE forearm pump. I'm getting REAL sick of this! I want to train and work my damn muscles, not get a painful pump in the muscle being trained and have to quit early. I'm taking 99mg elemental potassium and 6g/day taurine and nothing is helping.
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.15%

Jack the taurine on up to 10 grams per day. Like I said before, my protein powder has 5 grams of crystalized taurine per scoop. So my daily total is 15 to 20 grams of taurine. No agonizing pumps here!!

And concerning your forearms, you could do what I do and use Versa-Gripps. They are the best accessory I ever bought!! Your forearms will thank you.

15. IBE/PHF Rep
    Stats
    6'5"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.2%

Super-DMZ Day 7 - Chest, Delts, Tris(11/26/10)

Flat DB Press - 80x14, 70x7, 60x8
    Incline BB Press - 155x13, 145x7, 135x6
    Cable Flyes - 55x15, 45x11, 35x15
    Smythe Mil Press - 140x9, 110x12, 90x10
    Standing DB Laterals - 35x12, 30x10, 25x12
    Bent Over Cable Laterals - 50x15, 40x15
    Tricep Extension Machine - 160x15, 140x15, 120x15
    Overhead DB Press - 60x12, 50x12, 40x12

Felt weak as hell and real spaced out all day long. I shouldn't have even went to the gym, but I hadn't trained in 2 days, so I had to go. As you can see, I was weak, but still did better than I expected.
    Man I feel you pain...

My last chest workout was a waste of time, I didn't stay long after I finished with triceps.

As of now, what do you feel you've upped the weight and reps most on since the start of the cycle ?
  16. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.91%

Man I feel you pain...

My last chest workout was a waste of time, I didn't stay long after I finished with triceps.

As of now, what do you feel you've upped the weight and reps most on since the start of the cycle ?
    Definitely squats. At the beginning I did 225x15 and exactly 14 days later I did 275x15, so that's a 50lb increase in 2 weeks lol. Now I was crazy depleted from dieting and training for my show for 4 months prior, so just eating the crazy amount of food and replenishing my glycogen stores and body in general helped a lot, but the boladrol and super dmz helped a hell of a lot too!
  17. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.91%

Jack the taurine on up to 10 grams per day. Like I said before, my protein powder has 5 grams of crystalized taurine per scoop. So my daily total is 15 to 20 grams of taurine. No agonizing pumps here!!

And concerning your forearms, you could do what I do and use Versa-Gripps. They are the best accessory I ever bought!! Your forearms will thank you.
    Already tried it for a few days and it didn't do anything, so i dropped it back down to 6g. I don't wanna get grips, i want my forearm and hand strength to be just as strong as the rest of me. It's not my grip that causes the problem, it's the pump in my forearms that causes pain and makes me drop the weight. Let's put it this way, the damn pump is so bad, i can literally barely turn my wrist or move my fingers. I am not exaggerating in any way. My arm is debilitated for bout a half hour after my sets. Leaving the gym and driving my truck is very difficult.
  18. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.15%

Already tried it for a few days and it didn't do anything, so i dropped it back down to 6g. I don't wanna get grips, i want my forearm and hand strength to be just as strong as the rest of me. It's not my grip that causes the problem, it's the pump in my forearms that causes pain and makes me drop the weight. Let's put it this way, the damn pump is so bad, i can literally barely turn my wrist or move my fingers. I am not exaggerating in any way. My arm is debilitated for bout a half hour after my sets. Leaving the gym and driving my truck is very difficult.
    Gotcha. I understand completely.

Well since extra taurine didn't help and you're already supplementing potassium as well, the only thing I can think of that might help you is using some emu oil pre-workout. I use it on my elbows and knees after years of heavy lifting and it helps tremendously. It's also good for sore muscles. It could very well help with pumps/cramps as well. You never know until you go.

Wal-Mart has a cream called Blue Goo that I use and highly recommend. It has MSM included with the emu oil. Good stuff!!

19. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.91%

Gotcha. I understand completely.

Well since extra taurine didn't help and you're already supplementing potassium as well, the only thing I can think of that might help you is using some emu oil pre-workout. I use it on my elbows and knees after years of heavy lifting and it helps tremendously. It's also good for sore muscles. It could very well help with pumps/cramps as well. You never know until you go.

Wal-Mart has a cream called Blue Goo that I use and highly recommend. It has MSM included with the emu oil. Good stuff!!
    I will get some today and try it. I'm going to up the potassium to 300mg/day in 3 divided doses as well. That is what worked for cramping during the day of the show due to the very VERY low water intake(sips ONLY if absolutely needed). The uper-DMZ dose is also going up to 50mg/day until the bottles are gone!! WOOHOO!!!! Gotta get my chest presses back up to par. I'd like for at LEAST a flat BB bench of 225x8, but that's like a 40lb increase from now, lol, so we will see. My chest is my most lagging part atm.
  20. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.92%

50mg of DMZ?!?!?!?!

GO HARD OR GO HOME!!!
  21. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.91%

50mg of DMZ?!?!?!?!

GO HARD OR GO HOME!!!
    ^^^HELL YES!!! No more fckn around. I've been real sloppy with my diet since my show. Burgers and fries, entire 16" pizza's to myself, etc. I can't get fat, I want(need) LEAN mass. Can't go over 15% bf for any reason. I'm still at around 8-10% right now, but if I don't get back into being strict and hard on myself, I will see 15% in no time. I wanna get bigger, stronger, and have more mass, but I also wanna keep my veins and striations while doing it. It can be done, but I gotta get back into that mentality. I basically have just been areal lazy and not preparing ANY meals ahead of time. Then I am forced to eat out and eating out is terrible for bodybuilding. Today was day 1 of my true preparation for my next show. There IS NO off season for a champion. I WILL BE a champion at my next show. Numero Uno Baby!!!!
  22. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.91%

12/2/10 DMZ 50mg #13 - chest, delts, tris

Flat BB Press - 185x10(+2rp), 155x9(+1rp), 135x6

Incline Lever Bench - 180x9(+2rp), 130x7(+2rp), 90x10(+2rp)

Cable Crossovers - 55x15(+3rp), 45x15(+5rp), 35x15

Lever Mil Press - 240x10(+10lbs), 180x8, 90x12

Seated DB Laterals - 35x12(+5lbs), 30x8(+5lbs), 25x12(+5lbs)

Bent Over DB Laterals - 40x8(+5lbs), 35x8(+5lbs)

Skull Crushers - 55x12(+5lbs), 45x10(+5lbs), 35x20(+5lbs)

Overhead Rope Extensions - 75x19(+5lbs and 7rp), 65x12(+5lbs and 2rp), 55x15(+5lbs and 3rp) - My right arm had a bad pain from my delt down into my forearm while doing these. Not exactly sure what was going on, almost felt like tennis elbow or something. It feels fine now, so i'm hoping it was just a fluke thing.

Reverse Cable Curls - 85x15(+5lbs and 3rp), 75x13(+5lbs and 1rp), 65x15(+5lbs)

Morning weight was 201lbs.
  23. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.15%

I've been real sloppy with my diet since my show. Burgers and fries, entire 16" pizza's to myself, etc. I basically have just been areal lazy and not preparing ANY meals ahead of time. Then I am forced to eat out and eating out is terrible for bodybuilding.

Shame, shame, shame........you're the only one to blame. LOL

The post-contest celebration is now officially over. Time to eat like a champion in order to look like a champion.

Go get 'em CHAMP!!!

24. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.92%

Slap yourself in the face and tell yourself "your competition is training right now!"
  25. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.91%

LOL, thanks guys. No worries, all is well now and it will stay that way. My next cheat meal won't be until my birthday(dec 22nd) and who knows when the next one after that will be. I'm going to have zero if I can help it. There is really no need for them. They are only needed during dieting(believe it or not). Use them as your refeed days to retain water and boost your metabolism, then the next 7 days your body will be doing everything it can to get rid of that excess water(cabrs) and calories. It is so good at it, that you will actually weigh LESS 1 week after your refeed, than you did the morning of your refeed. The human body is an amazing machine!
  26. IBE/PHF Rep
    Stats
    6'5"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.2%

LOL, thanks guys. No worries, all is well now and it will stay that way. My next cheat meal won't be until my birthday(dec 22nd) and who knows when the next one after that will be. I'm going to have zero if I can help it. There is really no need for them. They are only needed during dieting(believe it or not). Use them as your refeed days to retain water and boost your metabolism, then the next 7 days your body will be doing everything it can to get rid of that excess water(cabrs) and calories. It is so good at it, that you will actually weigh LESS 1 week after your refeed, than you did the morning of your refeed. The human body is an amazing machine!
    It truly is my friend !

btw your back looks sick in your avi
  27. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.91%

It truly is my friend !

btw your back looks sick in your avi
    haha thanks man. I was disappointed at how small the pic is. My back is much more detailed, wider, and thicker than it looks in the compressed pic.
  28. IBE/PHF Rep
    Stats
    6'5"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.2%

haha thanks man. I was disappointed at how small the pic is. My back is much more detailed, wider, and thicker than it looks in the compressed pic.
    crop it in paint a bit... the pic will show more of your back then if you get rid of the background in the gym
    IBE/PHF Boladrol - The Most Potent PH in the World - Available Now!
  29. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.91%

12/7/10 - DMZ 50mg #18 - Back, Bis, Traps

Deads - 335x10(+2rp), 275x15, 225x15(+2rp)

WG Lat Pulls - 230x12(+5lbs), 200x10(+10lbs), 170x10

Bent Over BB Rows - 205x12(+20lbs), 155x12(+2rp), 135x12

Seated DB Curls - 45x12(+2rp), 35x10(+2rp), 30x10(+2rp) My left wrist/forearm hurt soooooooo bad during these. I could have done more reps on each set but the pain was just too much. I've had a cyst on both wrists for 2yrs now and the pain comes and goes. It has been fine lately, but last night omg it hurt. The pain starts at my wrist and shoots up my forearm.

Machine Preacher Curls - 115x12(+1rp), 90x12(+3rp), 70x12 - Wrist/forearm pain again.

High Pulley Cable Curls - 60x12, 50x8, 40x11

Lever Shrugs - 410x15(+50lbs and 3rp), 360x15(+90lbs and 2rp), 270x15(+90lbs and 5rp) - The increases seem like a tall tale I know, but the fact is, I didn't get the forearm pump/pain like I was getting before, so I could lift more weight and didn't have to stop before the muscle actually fatigued. The pain was there for sure, but it was easily tolerable compared to earlier in the cycle. I'm hoping the increased water and potassium are finally working.

Weight this AM was 199lbs.
  30. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.91%

crop it in paint a bit... the pic will show more of your back then if you get rid of the background in the gym
    thanks man, that looks a little better
  31. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.91%

12/9/10 - DMZ 50mg #20 - chest,delts, tris

Decline BB Press - 205x9(+20lbs), 175x11(+20lbs and 1rp), 145x10(+10lbs)

Incline DB Press - 75x10(+1rp), 65x8(+1rp), 55x7(+1rp)

Low Pulley Cable Crossovers - 55x10, 45x10(+5lbs and 1rp)

DB Mil Press - 65x12(+2rp), 55x9(+1rp)

Seated DB Laterals - 35x15(+3rp), 30x10(+2rp)

Skull Crushers - 60x13(+5lbs and 1rp), 50x10(+5lbs), 40x10(+5lbs)

Reverse Grip Smythe Bench - 140x10, 110x10, 90x8 - New exercise

Had to cut 1 set from crossovers, mil press, laterals, and planned on doing dips as well. I had to take our son to the Dr.
  32. IBE/PHF Rep
    Stats
    6'5"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.2%

12/9/10 - DMZ 50mg #20 - chest,delts, tris

Reverse Grip Smythe Bench - 140x10, 110x10, 90x8 - New exercise
    The first time I did this was on the standard bench.. the bar slipped (luckily not at the top of extension) and I learned my lesson

But nice workout ! and I hope your son is ok
    IBE/PHF Boladrol - The Most Potent PH in the World - Available Now!
  33. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.91%

The first time I did this was on the standard bench.. the bar slipped (luckily not at the top of extension) and I learned my lesson

But nice workout ! and I hope your son is ok
    haha, nice! yea, he's fine. he just has a sinus infection. nothing that some augmentin can't get rid of.
  34. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.91%

12/12/10 - DMZ 50mg #23 - quads, hams, calves

Squats - 295x15(+10lbs), 225x15(+5rp), 185x13(+2rp)

Leg Press - 10pl x15(+50lbs), 8pl x12(+60lbs), 6pl x13(+70lbs) - increases seem like a lot, but i was getting too many reps. i was going above my 12-15 rep range, so that was the whole point: to add a lot of weight.

Toe Press - 12pl+20lbs x20(+20lbs), 10pl+20lbs x15(+20lbs), 8pl+20lbs x15(+20lbs)

Leg Extension - 205x20(+15lbs), 175x13(+15lbs)

Seated Leg Curls - 140x12(+5lbs), 125x14+5lbs and 1rp), 110x15(+10lbs)

Similar Forum Threads

1. Which to believe? Quest Ultra E2 or Standard Quest E2?
    By pcgizzmo in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-04-2012, 10:28 AM
  2. Bassgod Ups His Mass With MassFX V3!!! SPONSORED!
    By bassgod272 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 10-01-2009, 10:39 AM
  3. Bassgod's Mass Xxxplosion Cycle!!
    By bassgod272 in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 1777
    Last Post: 05-29-2009, 07:43 AM
  4. Bassgod calls T-911!! (Unsponsored)
    By bassgod272 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 147
    Last Post: 03-18-2009, 11:43 PM
  5. Bassgod gets READY4WAR!!!