V-Diet log

G

gbarnes123

Awards
Hope this is the right place, I figure if I can log my diet somewhere it will help me to stay on track.

Starting stats:

218.4 pounds
Bodyfat percentage: Circa 17%
Waist size: 91cm (35 inches)

Goal: 28 days on the v-diet, I aim to lose 12 pounds over the course of these days. A larger weight loss would be amazing, however as I have been training super hard (12 mile hike 4 days a week and 3 1 hour gym sessions a week) my body is primed, so this will either benefit me or hinder me.

So, I've been going to the gym for around 3 years now, I've got a fair amount of muscle mass, not an amazing amount but you could consider me a broad, big guy.

I want to lose the fat on my buttocks as I have a bubble butt and it always bugs me when either buying jeans, or wearing shorts. I also want to lose the slight beer belly I have and the subcutaneous fat covering my abs.

For anyone not familiar with the velocity diet, it involves 7 protein shakes a day instead of regular meals, I will supplement each protein shake of 200 calories with a fish oil capsule of 10 calories and my pre-bed shake will come with a serving of peanut butter, 15 grams of 100 calories.

On lifting days I will have a post workout shake with 50 grams of carbs and there will be one day a week (sunday) when I am allowed a solid healthy meal with 500 calories or less.

So far completed day one, workout was as follows;

Circuit 1 repeated 5 times:
Bench press: 60kg * 15 reps
EZ bar curl: 25kg * 15 reps
Tricep extensions: 15kg per tricep * 15

Circuit 2 repeated 5 times:
Arm Dumbbell Rows: 22kg * 15
bicep curls: 12kg * 15
shoulder shrugs - dumbell, 45kg each side * 12

Leg press machine for 4 times:
200KG * 25 reps

Leg raises:
95KG * 15

And for cardio, one lap around a track.

How I felt:
After workout I felt a little irritable due to lack of calories. Protein shakes were hard to supplement for food during the day, but I seem to be adjusting and they now make me satiated.

Was a little hard to fall asleep, but dropped off in the end and had a good nights rest.

Today: Woke up at 11am, had a protein shake at 12am. I know it's a little long to leave it, but I had things to do that took priority. Today will involve walking round town a little, but no strenuous activity like the gym.

Will keep progress updated.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Hope this is the right place, I figure if I can log my diet somewhere it will help me to stay on track.

Starting stats:

218.4 pounds
Bodyfat percentage: Circa 17%
Waist size: 91cm (35 inches)

Goal: 28 days on the v-diet, I aim to lose 12 pounds over the course of these days. A larger weight loss would be amazing, however as I have been training super hard (12 mile hike 4 days a week and 3 1 hour gym sessions a week) my body is primed, so this will either benefit me or hinder me.

So, I've been going to the gym for around 3 years now, I've got a fair amount of muscle mass, not an amazing amount but you could consider me a broad, big guy.

I want to lose the fat on my buttocks as I have a bubble butt and it always bugs me when either buying jeans, or wearing shorts. I also want to lose the slight beer belly I have and the subcutaneous fat covering my abs.

For anyone not familiar with the velocity diet, it involves 7 protein shakes a day instead of regular meals, I will supplement each protein shake of 200 calories with a fish oil capsule of 10 calories and my pre-bed shake will come with a serving of peanut butter, 15 grams of 100 calories.

On lifting days I will have a post workout shake with 50 grams of carbs and there will be one day a week (sunday) when I am allowed a solid healthy meal with 500 calories or less.
I'm familiar with the Velocity Diet.

You'll easily be able to lose 12 pounds over 28 days - you will get a rapid weight loss in the first two weeks, but it'll be primarily food and water weight, especially as you're limiting your calories and not eating.

I've used the Velocity Training Programme - with my own adaptations - for a while, and it's great for adding lean mass, and followed whilst following the Velocity Diet, should yield good results. After your training, it is going to seem a lot LESS, considering that the resistance sessions only take 15-25 minutes to complete. The V-Burn Challenge Circuit takes ~40 minutes to complete. The Velocity Training Programme ONLY includes FOUR days of a single training session per day - no added cardio.

You do know that following this will NOT spot reduce the fat on your butt or abs, but you WILL lose fat from ALL OVER, which should reduce those areas.

~Rosie~
The Primordial Woman