MidwestBeast - 12 week Bulk -> Then Cutting to Single-Digit BF%

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What's up everyone, I haven't been posting at AM all that long, but I have been lurking around here for a while. I've spent most of my time posting over at the USP forums, and will continue to do so, despite no direct ties to the company aside from loving the products that they make.

I just figured I'd start keeping a log out here as well, which will be a copy/paste from the updates I do over there, so there's no need to read both.

I won't go into too much detail in this initial post, as you can find all the information of what I've been doing up to this point in this log:

Beast vs. Body Fat - I GUARANTEE Victory - USPLabsDirect.com

And you can check out other info on me at my bodyspace - same handle.

The basics:

Height: 6'1"
Weight: 238 (up from 220 ~6 weeks ago, which was up from 208 ~3 weeks before that)
Lifting Experience: Going on 11 years of dedicated weight-training (with a focus on bodybuilding for just over a year)

For full measurements, you can check either of the other sites.

I'm currently in the middle of Week 6 of my bulk, which is going very successfully. For a list of ALL of my supplements and the breakdown of how much is being taken, please see my other log. The jist of it, is this: A-Stack + Pink Magic + TNA.

My initial thought was to run this bulk for 12 weeks. As I'm already nearing 240 lbs (my previous highest weight had been 230), I very well may cut this thing short at either 10 or 8 weeks. I'll judge it all by feel, but I am initially thinking I don't want to pass 250 until I've had a chance to cut again.

Training is AST's Max-OT training (this is my first time using it, as I'd used my previous bodybuilding split successfully for over a year - still was making gains weekly).

If anyone has questions or general comments, just let me know and I'll gladly address them.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just got home from hitting chest and abs. Really good workout all around, but the one thing I wanted to mention was the new PR on bench press. Until just recently, I'd never broke 300lbs before. Today was:

325x6 / 325x5 / 325x5

Rest periods were 3 minutes exactly between sets and my spotter was only allowed to give me a pointer finger for help, which was only used on the last rep of the first 2 sets and slightly more help on the very last rep of the last set.

Chest is getting nice and swollen and it's great. My triceps are still sore from Monday's great workout, so I was a little surprised I did as well as I did today (and also considering I hit the gym at 10 PM last night instead of 4ish).

Mini Rant:

I really wish every individual had to go through a gym etiquette course before joining. I'm reasonably certain I've talked about this before, but today just had me on edge. There was a guy who was about 6'3" and probably 210-220 - not a small fella, but not real big. I'm guessing he was about 40. This guy would not even drop, but throw his dumbells at the end of his sets. He wasn't even lifting that much! He was doing like 55's on incline bench. When he'd finish he'd chuck them outward and ahead like it was impossible to gently drop them. I'm not gonna lie, when I'm using the 90's on shoulder presses, I let them drop on the way down, because it's too difficult to bring them down without ruining my shoulders. However, I don't throw them! I take my arms down with them to soften the blow. If that wasn't enough, he was curling with like a 10 and a 5 on each side of the EZ bar and would drop it at the end of sets too. Just incredible. It's particularly annoying with the dumbells since they're coated in rubber and half of them are breaking apart (one of the many things I dislike about my gym). Crap like this is the main reason. Oh, and I almost forgot - then he'd try to "toss" it into its place on the rack afterward! Heaven forbid you set it in its slot; no, let's try to throw it in there, miss and watch it fall. I was just waiting for the entire rack to collapse. I would've chewed this guy like no other if that happened.

Anyway, one day whenever I open my gym (lol :p), my members will be taking an etiquette course / quiz first.

Hope everyone had a great Wednesday :)

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
239.6 lbs upon rising this morning (up 19.2 lbs in just under 6 weeks).

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
243 immediately after the gym (after bathroom and before shake).

Hit back and biceps tonight. Wasn't feeling like that great of a workout until I finished my last lift - 2 sets of BB curls. I actually went 15lbs lighter than my new PR on it, but it was after DB curls and my entire back workout - so it's to be expected they weren't as fresh.

I went with a bit of a wider grip and WOW it felt awesome. My arms were so swollen that it was hard not to be a D-bag and stare at myself and flex (but, I assure you, I did not...because I'm not a D-bag :p).

155x6 twice and the pump was great (only AAKG pre, along with my USP line, but no actual pre-workout).

Bent over BB rows: 305x6 / 315x6 (PR)

Needless to say, I was looking ridiculously wide today. It's not all perfect - there's definitely some fat storage here, but it's minimal compared to the positive mass I've put on. Can't express how excited I am to see what stays there and how I look after the cut.

Legs in the AM.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
234.4 this morning :eek:

Not sure at all what that's all about. Nothing like a 9-pound drop between mid-day weight and the next morning. If only I could get those results during a cut lol :p. I'll chalk it up mostly to water weight, since my meals have stayed the same (minimum of 450g protein / 360g carbs) and I even ate an entire Tombstone pizza after. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but I'm not reading too much into it now.

Heading in to hit legs within the hour.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Squats: 415x6 / 425x4* / 415x4 (went a lot deeper on these)
Leg Press: 1,000x6*
SL Deads: 365x5 / 365x5*
Prone Leg Curl: 105x6
Seated calf raises: 270x8 / 270x9*
Seated solo calf extensions: 170x10

* = PR

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Okay, so I didn't end up getting the measurements taken yesterday - turned out to be a busier day than I had initially planned for. After church, I ended up over at my friend's house poolside (perfect way to spend any day as far as I'm concerned) and fell asleep in a lounge chair at one point. By the time I woke back up and hit the grocery store after, I got home later than planned and just didn't have time to squeeze it in.

I'll plan on doing them tonight. When I was washing my hands a few minutes ago, I glanced over at a side mirror and my arms were looking much bigger. So, I hope the tape measure backs this up, because they're feeling big.

I've been eating clean for about 80% of the day and then making up cals and macros with not-so-clean meals for the remainder since I'd been seeing the weight dropping on the scale instead of increasing. I need to keep in consideration the fact that I'm running RC with all of this and also every other USP product I've got on tap tends to promote fat loss along with muscle building, so maybe the weight going down isn't as bad as I think. Basically, though, I want to gain as much muscle as possible right now. I'm willing to gain some fat along with it to ensure this. In the future, I won't be as willing. So, we'll see how this week goes and how the measurements shape up.

Planning on following the same lifting sets as I did last week for this week (week 7). 6-bromo will be done today and TNA will be out mid-week at some point. I have more bottles, but I think I will let it fade out for now and save those for another time.

10bathroomsO

10bathroomsO

Awards
  • Established
hell yeah son! btw sick ass bench, you never broke 300 yet did numerous reps with 325 ? sick man

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
hell yeah son! btw sick ass bench, you never broke 300 yet did numerous reps with 325 ? sick man
Haha, thanks man. I was never one to try maxing out. I think I tried once on bench in high school like my 9 years ago and probably pushed mid-200s lol :p. But I never really saw the purpose of it and don't care about it from a bragging perspective.

I'd been using the same split for a full year with continued success (still adding weight on a weekly basis) that had a range of 4x12 and 3x15. I'm 6 weeks into the Max-OT training which is predominantly ranges of 4-6 reps with about 5-8 total sets per muscle group per week (so much less in terms of volume).

It's been pretty fun so far completely shifting gears.

10bathroomsO

10bathroomsO

Awards
  • Established
hell yeah. the low rep should boost your strength pretty good if your new to it plus you already spit out high numbers so this log looks pretty promising, have you ever ran a cycle or all natty?

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
hell yeah. the low rep should boost your strength pretty good if your new to it plus you already spit out high numbers so this log looks pretty promising, have you ever ran a cycle or all natty?
Yeah, my body is responding really well to the new regime. And of course I'm running SCRX because that kind of weight scares me to death with my joints; particularly my knees that are both bad.

And I'm natural. Only thing is running E/C in the past before it wasn't a legal choice in terms of if I were to compete. Before I was introduced to USP's stuff, I actually bought a PH cycle, but it's still just sitting in a cupboard, untouched, haha.

10bathroomsO

10bathroomsO

Awards
  • Established
yeah i was thinking about running a ph this winter, and then i was like nahhhh lol theres alot of guys running ph cycles and im neck and neck if not passed them in size and strength and i go natural, it has nothing to do with me thinking bad about them, ima just ride my natty till it runs out

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah i was thinking about running a ph this winter, and then i was like nahhhh lol theres alot of guys running ph cycles and im neck and neck if not passed them in size and strength and i go natural, it has nothing to do with me thinking bad about them, ima just ride my natty till it runs out
Exactly, man. Why risk the sides and everything else. As far as I'm concerned, after I'd done further research, I'd rather just do steroids than pro-hormones if I were to jump out of the natty-category. However, I'm not planning that. I've always been able to grow pretty well on my own; the only place I struggle is shedding fat. It's not impossible, just a heck of a lot harder and more time consuming - oh well, though - just more of a challenge ;)

10bathroomsO

10bathroomsO

Awards
  • Established
yep
challenge i wish i made gains easier than it was for me to cut fat, alot of ppl dont see bc the little bit of mass ive put on is hard to get lol

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Week 6 Measurements

Weight: 220.4 lbs (232.2 lbs / +11.8) 239 lbs / +18.6 lbs

Measurements (unflexed):

Forearm: 13" (13.25" / + .25") 13.5" / + .5" total
Bicep: 15" (15.75" / + .75") 15.75" / + .75" total*
Chest: 45" (46" / + 1") 46.25" / +1.25" total
Shoulders: 52" (53.5" / +1.5") 54.5" / +2.5" total
Thigh: 24.5" (26" / + 1.5") 26.5" / +2" total
Calves: 16" (16.5" / + .5") 16.5" / +.5" total*

Measurements (flexed):

Forearm: 14" (14.25" / + .25") 14.5" / + .5" total
Bicep: 17" (17.5" / + .5") 18.25" / +1.25" total
Chest: 47" (48.75" / + 1.75") 49" / + 2" total
Shoulders: 53.5" (55.25" / + 1.75") 56" / +2.5" total
Thigh: 24.75" (26.75" / + 2") 27.25" / +2.5" total
Calves: 16.25" (17" / + .75") 17" / +.75" total*

* denotes no change from week 4 measurements to week 6

BOLD are week 6 numbers (Week 4 numbers precede that and Day 1 numbers are the first listed).

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Keep at it!! bro ,good numbers!!
Thanks, man. Just trying to decide how much longer I want to keep this ride alive...definitely don't think I can take it out 12 weeks - Don't want to put on this much weight all at once before cutting again. Ah, the balancing act.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Got a pretty solid delts/traps workout in tonight. Nothing to really brag about (I've found that the only days I tend to find anything worth bragging about are chest and leg day lol).

Hit 200x5 twice on Smith machine military press (bar in front / counting bar as 0, so 2 plates and a 10 on each side).

90's x 5 twice on Arnolds

85's x 8 and 7 on DB side lateral raises

355x6 and 365x4 on Deadlifts

365x9 and 10 on BB shrugs (bar in front)

Looking mighty wide and digging it :cool:. Tomorrow should be the last day of my blue raspberry BC+EAA, which I'm thrilled about lol. I'll finally crack open the kiwi-strawberry - sure hope it's better.

TNA will be running out I think tomorrow or the next day and I will let it be for now.

As of now, bulk is still in progress, though I will admittedly be trying to do it even cleaner where possible and tapering cals ever so slightly. I'm thinking I may bring in fasted cardio upon waking for ~15 minutes 3 days a week or so next week. I'll update whenever I actually do make any changes.

As always, any comments / suggestions are welcomed as well as any questions.

10bathroomsO

10bathroomsO

Awards
  • Established
them bb shrugs are beasty homie seriously

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
them bb shrugs are beasty homie seriously
Haha, thanks bro. They're pretty easy and I really need to add more weight, but I've just been too lazy by the time I finish deads to strip/add anything from what I just did. I've been doing them with an over/under grip (switching grips between sets) because otherwise it hits forearms way too much and I can't handle near as much weight.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Chest / Abs workout was all around great, but just wanted to highlight:

Bench Press: 335x6 / 335x5 / 335x5

New PR for me. No lift off and only help came on final rep of each set (just 2 index fingers allowed onto the bar for my spot).

I got pretty pissed off at the end of my work day, so it carried right over into the gym. I was in total destruction mode and didn't want anyone in my way. I'm usually a very nice guy, but today was different. It's lucky no one asked me any questions or tried to steal my workout station because I may have just snapped today. I was definitely walking around like I owned the place, too.

A bunch of the guys going for the Olympia title were on SportsNation on ESPN today, so seeing them on there inspired the attitude even more.

The BS at work was at least beneficial in influencing my workout.

10bathroomsO

10bathroomsO

Awards
  • Established
beasty benching as usual
fukk work, i wish i could be as lazy as music artist's

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
beasty benching as usual
fukk work, i wish i could be as lazy as music artist's
Haha, thanks, bro ;) And I hear you on that. Work has been miserable this week for me and I'm glad tomorrow leads up to a good weekend off!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Solid back / biceps workout this afternoon.

Bent over BB rows: 315x6 / 325x6
V-Bar pulldowns: 250x10 / 260x9
Lat Pulldowns: 275x8 / 275x8
Alternating DB curls: 80's x 8 / 85's x 7
Olympic Bar Curls: 135x8 / 145x8

Numbers for biceps struggled a bit from last week, but I also went back-to-back days between my chest and back/bi days. Last week I took Thursday off in between the two. Still felt great, intensity was up and the pump was there even despite being so far from not having Jack3d (almost 4 weeks without it). Got out of the gym from start to finish (warm-up included) in under 50 minutes :cool:

Holding pretty strong at 240 right now upon waking. No other changes yet in anything. One more workout left til I'm through 7 weeks of this.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
more big numbers as usual eh?
I was really satisfied with things on the back portion of the workout. The biceps portion wasn't what I'd hoped for, but I still had a crazy pump afterward for at least a good hour and my biceps just felt swollen. Most of what I do is going in the right direction, so I can't complain too much.

You actually enjoyin your off day or have you filled it with all that stuff you were talkin about? lol

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Quite possibly my best leg day yet! :cool: I got to the gym and realized I'd forgotten my knee braces, which wasn't a good start to things at all...I thought about going back home for them (that's how important they are to me and how jacked up my left knee is), but I said screw it. The only thing I did different was switch this week's workout to lead off with 3 sets of leg press followed by 1 set of squats (of which i did the exact opposite last week).

Leg Press: 1,000x6 / 1,010x5 / 1,025x5*
Squats: 425x5*
SL Deads: 375x6* / 375x5
Prone Leg Curls: 110x6
Seated Calf Raises: 270x10 / 280x7*
Seated Calf Extensions (solo): 175x10

* Indicates PR

Cannot believe the workout went as well as it did. Warming up on the leg press, the weight felt almost too heavy at ~800, so I was nervous. Once I had 1,000 on there and started pushing it out, though, it went easier than 800! These aren't sissy reps, either - I'm talking knees all the way pressed to my chest and extended all the way to just before locking out.

Squats felt good, too. I loaded up 315 first and did one slow rep all the way down before throwing the rest of the weight on. Got 5 good reps and got down low, too. Most surprised about this one considering my lack of knee braces (which really helps for this lift).

Next 2 days are off ;)

10bathroomsO

10bathroomsO

Awards
  • Established
I was really satisfied with things on the back portion of the workout. The biceps portion wasn't what I'd hoped for, but I still had a crazy pump afterward for at least a good hour and my biceps just felt swollen. Most of what I do is going in the right direction, so I can't complain too much.

You actually enjoyin your off day or have you filled it with all that stuff you were talkin about? lol
yeah i actually did some cardio and some calisthenics nothing too flashy though

10bathroomsO

10bathroomsO

Awards
  • Established
i wish i could get behind a leg press machine with that much weight, ive got 400 for 12 reps after a work out thats my pr so far but i know i could do so much more, the machine was maxed out though = gayyyyy

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i wish i could get behind a leg press machine with that much weight, ive got 400 for 12 reps after a work out thats my pr so far but i know i could do so much more, the machine was maxed out though = gayyyyy
I've only been training legs for a year and a half. Just 2 months ago I wasn't squatting more than 275 or pushing more than 600 or so on leg press. But I was also working around the 12 rep range most of the time and for 4 sets, so I never went as heavy as I am now. i love this style of training so much more.

10bathroomsO

10bathroomsO

Awards
  • Established
i need a gym card man, its holding me back so much, need a new jobbbbbb ahhhhhhhhhh

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Okay, so I didn't train yesterday. I slept on my neck wrong Sunday night and had a kink in the left hand side of my neck / upper back all yesterday. Normally, those who've followed my logs for a while know, I would just go in there and lift anyway - and I almost did. But, since I've been lifting significantly heavier weight, there is no reason at all to screw myself right now. One day off is a whole lot better than a week. I'm just pushing the workouts as Tues-Sat instead. Tonight will be Chest. I'm going back to the workout split Max-OT provided for Week 1. My neck is still not 100%, but it's a lot better. If there is any problem at all while I'm training, I'll halt immediately.

Still holding strong around 241 lbs in the mornings. I was somewhere around 244 or so mid-day yesterday. I am pretty sure that this week will be when I start tapering cals ever so slightly and beginning to carb cycle (high days on leg/back, moderate on all other lifting days and relatively low on off days). I'm still planning on this being above maintenance for the next couple weeks, but closer to it.

DAA was re-introduced Sunday afternoon (before a couple games of basketball, which was the first I've done in probably a month). It will be present in this (week 8) and next week (9) before being shelved again.

I took about a week and a half to 2 weeks off of SCRX because I ran out of pills and was resorting to the bulk powder. Started it again today because of my neck issue. After I finish this tub of it, I will only buy caps lol. This stuff initiates a gag-reflex in me unlike anything else. I can stomach most powders that don't taste great or whatever, but this thing has me dry-heaving at least twice; just foul lol. But, it's a great product. So, even though it's a bit cheaper, I will refrain from this powder product in the future.

I think that's it for now. Going for 345 on bench tonight.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Heeeeee's BaaaaaaaaAAAAAck...:cool:

Barbell Bench Press: 345x5* / 335x4 / 335x5
Incline Barbell Bench Press: 255x6 / 265x5* / 265x4
Dips (w/ Dumbell between thighs): 80x10 / 90x8

* Indicates PR

Chest is ridiculously inflated right now. I'm loving it. Not much to update other than I'm lookin real wide up top and the skin around my shoulders and traps is really thin right now. Cannot wait to start chiseling away the fat to see what stays :)

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My neck is still jacked up, don't know what the deal is - usually this issue heals up very quickly, especially if I take time off from slinging heavy iron around. Oh, well, it didn't keep me from setting some new PRs:

Bent-over BB Rows: 335x6 / 345x4 / 345x5*
Deadlifts: 375x5 / 385x4*
Good Mornings: 215x6 / 225x6*
Lat Pulldowns: 275x7 / 275x8

* Indicates PR

***(Used a different grip than ever before on Lat Pulldowns: Used a longer bar and gripped as wide as I could before breaking the plane on the angles. Felt the pull more in the middle lats than outer, but this was definitely more challenging, which is good.)

Despite the fact that there were some PRs, I'm not very proud of the numbers - especially deadlifts. I'd just never focused on some of these lifts in the past and for the past year, my rep range was 12-15, so a lot of the weight used was obviously significantly lighter.

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to really bringing these numbers up in the future.

indysoccer16

indysoccer16

Awards
  • Established
we have a pretty similar plan, I will be checking in to see how things continue for you

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
we have a pretty similar plan, I will be checking in to see how things continue for you
Thanks for stopping in, man. Link me to your log if you have one and I'll check it out.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, despite the fact that I haven't been posting lately, I've still been around - lurking like the awesome sharks we dedicate a whole week to. I've had some less than desirable days as of late, but things are shaping up a little bit and we'll see what's what.

Today was my first day back in the gym since my last update; so 3 or 4 days off. It has been an entire week and my neck has not healed. I'm planning on seeing either a chiropractor or a doctor this week to get it checked out (depending on how my insurance will cover the situation). Bottom line is I hate going to have things checked out; not because I'm afraid of what they'll say, but because I'm a fan of working things out on my own and trying to heal my body properly without running in for every problem I incur (if you remember my blown hamstring; after consulting with you guys and some friends in nursing, I just worked it out on my own and my legs are now stronger than ever).

Today I worked biceps, triceps and forearms. I don't feel like grabbing the notebook right now, but I put up some PRs again today. Arms felt absolutely swollen after the workout and I loved it. And despite being so heavy, my abs were still looking pretty good from the side underneath the extra fat. For pre-workout I took a sample of Cellucor's M5 that I had. I didn't really feel it, but the workout was solid.

I have decided to cease all supplementation aside from a few things. DAA, Pink Magic, Prime and PowerFULL are all done after an 8 week run. I'm still using my staple products and AP/P-Slin as necessary (I consider these staples). I'm also running RC for probably another week before I start another fat-burning combo and cycle off RC. I've gone 5 weeks stim-free (aside from what's in RC) and without a pre-workout aside from AAKG powder.

Weight this morning was 236.8 lbs. I am beginning to cut now because of the lethargy I'd been feeling and my neck injury is also influencing this decision. Carb cycling will be coming into play and I'm very confident that I can really nail this cut because I'm starting it with the understanding of nutrition that I didn't have last time.

If anyone has requests to see how my supplementation / diet / workouts / etc. were for my bulk or will be for my cut, just ask and I'll gladly put up more detailed info.

I got up to 241...I'm looking forward to dropping at least 40 lbs ;)

Hope everyone has had an amazing Labor Day weekend!

raulob72

Awards
  • Established
:sombrero:Man your lifts are impresive,,are you using any repartioner?cardio?counting carbs for your cut??

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
:sombrero:Man your lifts are impresive,,are you using any repartioner?cardio?counting carbs for your cut??
Thanks, man! For the past several months I've relied on Anabolic Pump and P-slin for repartitioning. I'm going to be logging SlinShot in the near future here and I'm also interested in trying Need2Slin in the future as well.

For the start of my cut, cardio will only be what I get from whenever I find basketball games. I will be doing carb cycling (high on legs / back day, moderate on all other lifting days and low on off days) and starting around 3200-3000 cals and moving downward as I find progress stalling. I will also add in cardio the same way I'll adjust cals - just depending on how I'm stalling out on progress.

By the end of things, I expect to be doing about 4 days of fasted AM cardio and 5 days of lifting in the evenings (and possibly 2 more evening cardio days that would replace weights for the day, if basketball is available).

raulob72

Awards
  • Established
I allready started a log on Need2slin,I should get it in 2 or 3 days!!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It felt so good that I went on to hit 1,125 for 5 after that!

It was my first leg day after the neck problems and it turns out that my neck felt great today. As long as it feels good tomorrow as well, I think we can call it healed! Anyhow, I had intentions of going pretty light today because of that, but it just didn't go that way. I warmed up with 360 lbs on the leg press and went up by 2 plates on each side to keep acclimating myself to the weight until I started my first working set at PR level. It was so easy, that I just went ahead and made progress on each set, setting new PRs the whole way.

Leg Press: 1,060 x 6 / 1,085 x 6 / 1,100 x 6 / 1,125 x 5*
Squats: 225 x 6 / 315 x 5 / 365 x 5
Prone Leg Curls: 95 x 6 / 105 x 5
Hip Abductor / Adductor: 170 x 10 / 185 x 10
Seated Calf Raises: 280 x 8* / 280 x 7
Seated Solo Calf Extensions: 180 x 10 / 185 x 8

* Indicates PR

Squats were a lot lighter than I'd been going; this was because of how screwed up my neck had been. Initially I had planned on skipping them altogether, but leg press went so well that I decided to go after it. These reps were very slow and controlled and very deep, which was good. Prone leg curls aren't my highest numbers, but it was more-so my legs being too pumped to be able to close it out any further than my legs being too weak to add more weight. I kept the range I did to really squeeze the hammys. I skipped SL deads to keep added stress off of my neck and back (regular deads at 385 didn't help things heal any sooner last week).

I did have an unplanned cheat meal today at lunch; Italian buffet :eek:. But, I did do damage control, taking both AP and P-slin prior to. I kept it to 2 small plates and made sure I hit legs tonight to take advantage of those carbs. Tomorrow will be a low carb day and probably delts and traps.

Things feel good and I'm just trying to map out my plans for what I'm going to do for my fat-burning stack (at least initially).

Pre-workout today was 1 RC, 1 Palo Alto Leviathan Reloaded (sample), and 3 caps of EPONOX. I didn't really feel any of it, but the workout was great. Planning on adding beta alanine into my intra-workout mix, but want to do that on a date I'm making no other changes so I can assess it properly.

Aside from what I listed, my only supps are RC (2 AM / 1 PM) and my staples. Still putting up numbers without my huge USP stack, so that's good for sure.