MidwestBeast - 12 week Bulk -> Then Cutting to Single-Digit BF% - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

MidwestBeast - 12 week Bulk -> Then Cutting to Single-Digit BF%

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Heeeeee's BaaaaaaaaAAAAAck...

Barbell Bench Press: 345x5* / 335x4 / 335x5
    Incline Barbell Bench Press: 255x6 / 265x5* / 265x4
    Dips (w/ Dumbell between thighs): 80x10 / 90x8

* Indicates PR

Chest is ridiculously inflated right now. I'm loving it. Not much to update other than I'm lookin real wide up top and the skin around my shoulders and traps is really thin right now. Cannot wait to start chiseling away the fat to see what stays
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

My neck is still jacked up, don't know what the deal is - usually this issue heals up very quickly, especially if I take time off from slinging heavy iron around. Oh, well, it didn't keep me from setting some new PRs:

Bent-over BB Rows: 335x6 / 345x4 / 345x5*
    Deadlifts: 375x5 / 385x4*
    Good Mornings: 215x6 / 225x6*
    Lat Pulldowns: 275x7 / 275x8

* Indicates PR

***(Used a different grip than ever before on Lat Pulldowns: Used a longer bar and gripped as wide as I could before breaking the plane on the angles. Felt the pull more in the middle lats than outer, but this was definitely more challenging, which is good.)

Despite the fact that there were some PRs, I'm not very proud of the numbers - especially deadlifts. I'd just never focused on some of these lifts in the past and for the past year, my rep range was 12-15, so a lot of the weight used was obviously significantly lighter.

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to really bringing these numbers up in the future.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
  3. New Member

we have a pretty similar plan, I will be checking in to see how things continue for you
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by indysoccer16 View Post
    we have a pretty similar plan, I will be checking in to see how things continue for you
    Thanks for stopping in, man. Link me to your log if you have one and I'll check it out.
  5. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

Well, despite the fact that I haven't been posting lately, I've still been around - lurking like the awesome sharks we dedicate a whole week to. I've had some less than desirable days as of late, but things are shaping up a little bit and we'll see what's what.

Today was my first day back in the gym since my last update; so 3 or 4 days off. It has been an entire week and my neck has not healed. I'm planning on seeing either a chiropractor or a doctor this week to get it checked out (depending on how my insurance will cover the situation). Bottom line is I hate going to have things checked out; not because I'm afraid of what they'll say, but because I'm a fan of working things out on my own and trying to heal my body properly without running in for every problem I incur (if you remember my blown hamstring; after consulting with you guys and some friends in nursing, I just worked it out on my own and my legs are now stronger than ever).

Today I worked biceps, triceps and forearms. I don't feel like grabbing the notebook right now, but I put up some PRs again today. Arms felt absolutely swollen after the workout and I loved it. And despite being so heavy, my abs were still looking pretty good from the side underneath the extra fat. For pre-workout I took a sample of Cellucor's M5 that I had. I didn't really feel it, but the workout was solid.

I have decided to cease all supplementation aside from a few things. DAA, Pink Magic, Prime and PowerFULL are all done after an 8 week run. I'm still using my staple products and AP/P-Slin as necessary (I consider these staples). I'm also running RC for probably another week before I start another fat-burning combo and cycle off RC. I've gone 5 weeks stim-free (aside from what's in RC) and without a pre-workout aside from AAKG powder.

Weight this morning was 236.8 lbs. I am beginning to cut now because of the lethargy I'd been feeling and my neck injury is also influencing this decision. Carb cycling will be coming into play and I'm very confident that I can really nail this cut because I'm starting it with the understanding of nutrition that I didn't have last time.

If anyone has requests to see how my supplementation / diet / workouts / etc. were for my bulk or will be for my cut, just ask and I'll gladly put up more detailed info.

I got up to 241...I'm looking forward to dropping at least 40 lbs

Hope everyone has had an amazing Labor Day weekend!
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  245 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Man your lifts are impresive,,are you using any repartioner?cardio?counting carbs for your cut??
  7. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by raulob72 View Post
    Man your lifts are impresive,,are you using any repartioner?cardio?counting carbs for your cut??
    Thanks, man! For the past several months I've relied on Anabolic Pump and P-slin for repartitioning. I'm going to be logging SlinShot in the near future here and I'm also interested in trying Need2Slin in the future as well.

For the start of my cut, cardio will only be what I get from whenever I find basketball games. I will be doing carb cycling (high on legs / back day, moderate on all other lifting days and low on off days) and starting around 3200-3000 cals and moving downward as I find progress stalling. I will also add in cardio the same way I'll adjust cals - just depending on how I'm stalling out on progress.

By the end of things, I expect to be doing about 4 days of fasted AM cardio and 5 days of lifting in the evenings (and possibly 2 more evening cardio days that would replace weights for the day, if basketball is available).
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  245 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I allready started a log on Need2slin,I should get it in 2 or 3 days!!
  9. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

10. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

It felt so good that I went on to hit 1,125 for 5 after that!

It was my first leg day after the neck problems and it turns out that my neck felt great today. As long as it feels good tomorrow as well, I think we can call it healed! Anyhow, I had intentions of going pretty light today because of that, but it just didn't go that way. I warmed up with 360 lbs on the leg press and went up by 2 plates on each side to keep acclimating myself to the weight until I started my first working set at PR level. It was so easy, that I just went ahead and made progress on each set, setting new PRs the whole way.

Leg Press: 1,060 x 6 / 1,085 x 6 / 1,100 x 6 / 1,125 x 5*
    Squats: 225 x 6 / 315 x 5 / 365 x 5
    Prone Leg Curls: 95 x 6 / 105 x 5
    Hip Abductor / Adductor: 170 x 10 / 185 x 10
    Seated Calf Raises: 280 x 8* / 280 x 7
    Seated Solo Calf Extensions: 180 x 10 / 185 x 8

* Indicates PR

Squats were a lot lighter than I'd been going; this was because of how screwed up my neck had been. Initially I had planned on skipping them altogether, but leg press went so well that I decided to go after it. These reps were very slow and controlled and very deep, which was good. Prone leg curls aren't my highest numbers, but it was more-so my legs being too pumped to be able to close it out any further than my legs being too weak to add more weight. I kept the range I did to really squeeze the hammys. I skipped SL deads to keep added stress off of my neck and back (regular deads at 385 didn't help things heal any sooner last week).

I did have an unplanned cheat meal today at lunch; Italian buffet . But, I did do damage control, taking both AP and P-slin prior to. I kept it to 2 small plates and made sure I hit legs tonight to take advantage of those carbs. Tomorrow will be a low carb day and probably delts and traps.

Things feel good and I'm just trying to map out my plans for what I'm going to do for my fat-burning stack (at least initially).

Pre-workout today was 1 RC, 1 Palo Alto Leviathan Reloaded (sample), and 3 caps of EPONOX. I didn't really feel any of it, but the workout was great. Planning on adding beta alanine into my intra-workout mix, but want to do that on a date I'm making no other changes so I can assess it properly.

Aside from what I listed, my only supps are RC (2 AM / 1 PM) and my staples. Still putting up numbers without my huge USP stack, so that's good for sure.
  11. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

Well, I haven't been updating near as much as I used to, but I'm sure it'll change as I have more to report in the upcoming weeks. I hit back on Friday and had a very solid workout that included PRs on bent-over bb rows and good mornings. Starting to see the makings of some veins on my lats that should really be visible once the fat gets shredded away.

Saturday and Sunday were off days and Saturday was carb-less aside from my morning meal of ~100g. Yesterday was close to that, but probably came in closer to ~200g.

Today will be an arm workout and a moderate carb day. I may hit basketball a couple hours after my workout - not sure yet.

Supplementation is absolutely minimal right now, and that's a very nice mental break from trying to remember all the pills I was taking during that bulk.
  12. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Bump
    Genomyx Rep
    www.genomyx.com
  13. New Member

nice resurrection
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 93
    Last Post: 03-24-2011, 01:07 PM
  2. Tate's 2 week bulk/2 week cut plus 5x5 log
    By TateFTW in forum Bulking
    Replies: 42