Getting X'ed out and Weight Lifting Mix, Workout Video Log

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
P90X and Weight Training Combo

Ladies and gentlemen! Welcome to the transformation log! Well crossing my fingers that it will be.:ponder:

Lets begin shall we?
Everyone knows about P90X is or atleast has seen a commercial for it. Your first annicial thought is that "wow here is another stupid workout sales thing...":indifferent: But i have done some research, also had a few friends try it out, had some signifficant results. Sooooo.... here I go!
P90X mainly focuses on loosing weight. But, they do have information on other workouts for different goals which is cool to see and smart on there part.
Here is a link to the P90X website.
A Little about me
I have been lifting heavy weight since I was 15. I Love nutrition and body science. I was diagnosed with Crohnes disease since 2002. It has prevented me from getting big. I have gained muscle over and over again. So I might only be 165 now but it still has come with alot of knowledge and alot of experience. So dont think im a noobie.:nono2: I have done one competition when in the teen devision but have not been ever able to get that body back since my Crohnes has never been the same. Im explaining this to just let yall know cause through out this log you never know what might happen.....
The Plan
I work on tug boats, yes like the movie benjamin bunton, and I work one week on one week off. My plan is going to be p90x on my 'off' week and on my 'on' week ill be weight training.
For example:

Week 'on'(Week ill be at work)
This week will be three gym days. Chest back and legs, will be the parts, and the lifts will be mostly compound movements. Deadlifts, Squats, etc.

Week 'off'(Week ill be off from work)
Mon: Chest and Back
Tues: Yoga
Wend: Shoulders and Arms
Thurs: Legs and Core
Fri: Yoga
Sat: Upper Body
Sun: Rest and Stretch
This is just an example.

Diet and Supplements​
My Diet will consist of 6 meals of 3000 to 3500 calories. It will also consist of alot of fat mainly because of how much i beleive in omega fats. My Diet is very very clean most of the time. Ill post some vids or pics of my meals I cook. I dont eat with alot sodium. Alot of seasoning though! :18: I also cook at work for my crew so maybe ill take some pics of what those meals look like. Ill show off some cooking skills.
Supplements are basic. Protein= Nutrapro. Bcaa=Xtend. Sleeping and recovery aid=Bullet Proof. Natural Anabolic=Pslin. Chia=Chia Pro by CMI. Probiotic=Align, anything I can get at walmart really. Multivitamin=Thymic Formula.

I will be trying this video log thing. Ill post one up soon on my first week of yoga. I decided to do just yoga for the first week to get my body warmed up. Since i messed up my back about a month ago handling lines to tie up boats and ships and what not. But it seems to be getting better and im going to be watching it while im working out hopefully it will not get messed up...... crossing my fingers!

:dance:So lets bring the noise!:dance:

Balance

Balance

Awards
This is an interesting combo. Thought about trying out p90x as well but would not fair well with any weight loss. Like you I have had some friends get some good results from it but they were mostly endos and had plenty of fat to shred. Subbed and interested to see how it works out.

Moeller

Moeller

Awards
I wish you luck, but I've never been a fan of P90X! I'll keep an eye on your progress

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
I wish you luck, but I've never been a fan of P90X! I'll keep an eye on your progress
I know i thought the same thing also.... I dont think i would of ever bought it if i had not of found it it for 40 bucks ha. There is just way to many things i can buy for 120$ so many supplements! ha. But for 40 im willing to try it out. its going to be a slow process but im loving the yoga so far! its so much fun! The first time i tried the yoga dvd i could not finish it today i was able to finish it. Still cant do all of the moves though it will just take time to get the balance and cowordination.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
This is an interesting combo. Thought about trying out p90x as well but would not fair well with any weight loss. Like you I have had some friends get some good results from it but they were mostly endos and had plenty of fat to shred. Subbed and interested to see how it works out.
Thanx brother. yeah im really wanting to try this mainly to see if i can use this for bulking also or maint.. we will see though. I dont see why it wouldnt work though you get to pic what dvds to choose and workout. I just wont do as much cardio as it recommends...

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hell yeah man/ Looks good!!!

Balance

Balance

Awards
Good idea avoiding some of the cardio, obviously this program was created to shred fat and just show people whats hiding underneath, while building a little muscle. But I don't see why tweaking it to make it geared to your goals wouldn't work. I have been interested in trying yoga or the yoga section of p90x just because my flexibility is awful. Also knowing how much stretching helps your lifts makes me want to try it out.
The whole "muscle confusion" or whatever they call it that the prog is based on is a pretty solid principle that almost all bodybuilders/people on AM follow. Switching things up often and giving the body some variety builds muscle. When are you starting this up man?

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah Im doing the insanity workouts by beachbody. Thinking of throwing in some p90x lifting, so I dont lose too much muscle with the ******* amount of cardio ive been doing

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Yeah Im doing the insanity workouts by beachbody. Thinking of throwing in some p90x lifting, so I dont lose too much muscle with the ******* amount of cardio ive been doing
Ive heard those are good. Those are also just for loosin weight right? i would assume so... with all that cardio....

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Good idea avoiding some of the cardio, obviously this program was created to shred fat and just show people whats hiding underneath, while building a little muscle. But I don't see why tweaking it to make it geared to your goals wouldn't work. I have been interested in trying yoga or the yoga section of p90x just because my flexibility is awful. Also knowing how much stretching helps your lifts makes me want to try it out.
The whole "muscle confusion" or whatever they call it that the prog is based on is a pretty solid principle that almost all bodybuilders/people on AM follow. Switching things up often and giving the body some variety builds muscle. When are you starting this up man?
Well this week was just yoga and stretching for the whole week.. I hurt my back a month ago and still seems a little tweeked. It feels amazing when im done with yoga though. Second time i did yoga i was so relaxed i fell asleep after it was done. ha. two hour nap! i woke up on the dang floor! ha. But luckily i had finished the whole workout that time. But ill be posting up a vid today and then start weight training tomorrow since im heading into work this week. I will have a computer so i will be able to update this daily while im at work.
But i exactly agree on the muscle confusion that bodybuilders/etc. use this kind of working out all the time. So i knew this would prob be a good idea. Just not so much cardio. in theory it looks good. So lets test the theory!

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah. Big time weight lose. Thats my over all goal. Made a bet one MrKleens log
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/155200-personal-challenge-success.html
So I got alot of weight to lose. Big dilema for me though. I need to lose WEIGHT! But im kinda sad for the loss of any muscle. But If I try and keep my muscle my might not hit my 220 mark. AHHHH. Decisions, decisions. I also just found a P90x/Insanity Hybrid workout schedule I was thinking about either doing after the insanity or say Eff it and just atart it now to keep my muscle. I just read where a guy was doing P90x and was doing(PR)88 pullups and he did the 2 months of insanity and his max pullups were down to 43 at the end!!!YIKES!!!

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Yeah. Big time weight lose. Thats my over all goal. Made a bet one MrKleens log
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/155200-personal-challenge-success.html
So I got alot of weight to lose. Big dilema for me though. I need to lose WEIGHT! But im kinda sad for the loss of any muscle. But If I try and keep my muscle my might not hit my 220 mark. AHHHH. Decisions, decisions. I also just found a P90x/Insanity Hybrid workout schedule I was thinking about either doing after the insanity or say Eff it and just atart it now to keep my muscle. I just read where a guy was doing P90x and was doing(PR)88 pullups and he did the 2 months of insanity and his max pullups were down to 43 at the end!!!YIKES!!!
88 reps? jeez! you would think he would of gone up in reps since he lost weight! haha... well i did hear one thing from somone that after he finished the p90x he lost a tone of streangth and he is a pretty solid dude! so thats what made me question it for so long... You mind sending me the link to that hybrid workout johnny? Im checking out your logg right now. I have seen it on forum but never clicked it..... Ill check it out though.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Video time! Bring the popcorn!

Ok ladies and gentlemen this is the start! So here we go! First time i have done this so let me know if something is wrong..... ENJOY!:bigok:

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
NO. Your right. I think I might start this shiz. Because i havnt touched a weight in a week. I do look a bit leaner, but IM FLAT AS HELLL!!!!!

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
NO. Your right. I think I might start this shiz. Because i havnt touched a weight in a week. I do look a bit leaner, but IM FLAT AS HELLL!!!!!
Ha yeah. Well if your happy with loosing weight then i guess you gotta start lifting huh? ha. I wish i could get to 200. that would be sweet. Id be huge if i was 200 all muscle! muahaha. But yeah man you should start a log on that if you are i would be interested.

Moeller

Moeller

Awards
88 reps? jeez! you would think he would of gone up in reps since he lost weight! haha... well i did hear one thing from somone that after he finished the p90x he lost a tone of streangth and he is a pretty solid dude! so thats what made me question it for so long... You mind sending me the link to that hybrid workout johnny? Im checking out your logg right now. I have seen it on forum but never clicked it..... Ill check it out though.
That's my experience as well, I always got better at pullups when I diet even though I might loose relative strength elsewhere!

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
That's my experience as well, I always got better at pullups when I diet even though I might loose relative strength elsewhere!
Yeah.... i guess the thing to do would be to try to hit both parts strength and endurance. Which is why im trying this litle experiment.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
yeah im thinking i need a good preworkout supplement that does not tear up the stumach.... any of yall no of one? i was thinking jacked but i dont know how that will feel with the creatine mono...

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ha yeah. Well if your happy with loosing weight then i guess you gotta start lifting huh? ha. I wish i could get to 200. that would be sweet. Id be huge if i was 200 all muscle! muahaha. But yeah man you should start a log on that if you are i would be interested.

My log officially became the p90x/insanity hybrid workout. I need a little bit of weights in my life. Im happy now. I mean with all the OTHER running to get ready for my 5k and half marathon. I should lose weight anyways. But come sub buddy.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Well i worked out chest monday. since this is my week on at work. good work out. Did some smith, db bench press, and cables. Noticed my strength is down since i had not worked out in a month er so. But it was good work out. Real sore now lol. But i will be going to work out this thurs or friday depending on whether or not work will let me. I tried to go last night but jobs again prevented me from going.... i was too tired to go when i could which was about 0500. I could barely hold my eyes open at that point.... but hopefully it will slow down so i can get some pumping in.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Smith decline bench i was able to place two 45's for 15 reps.
Dumbell bench press i was able to get 60's for 3 sets on 6-8 reps. Kinda sad actually lol.
Cable cross overs 40lbs 3 sets of 8
Also jumped on some machine bench and repped 6-8 reps of three sets.
Just warming up with all of this. I know its taking a while on getting this going sorry guys..
But it takes a while to get a fire going if you know what i mean :)

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established

Ok my pics arent working whats going on!? Im using the imgur.com website? anyone know about this?

Balance

Balance

Awards
yeah im thinking i need a good preworkout supplement that does not tear up the stumach.... any of yall no of one? i was thinking jacked but i dont know how that will feel with the creatine mono...
I have tried quite a few pre workout sups and jacked is up there with the best of em. It has never given me any stomach problems at all. The only downside I have found from it is that it can totalllyyy kill your appetite. I mean if you take it a few days straight you are not gonna want to eat a thing and you gotta force it down. Don't think this happens to everyone but I gotta take it east with the stuff if I still want to get my cals in.

As for the creatine in it, why would you not want it? I know you aren't currently taking any creatine but it won't hurt anything, and if you are cycling it and in an off stage I have read there is only around 1.2g of creatine per scoop, and you don't take it every day, so it wouldn't be counterproductive. Why aren't you supplementing with creatine anyway?

Your lifts are a little low now but like you said it takes time to get things moving, after some time off you gotta get your body readjusted to the lifts and get your form down again. I am sure in a few weeks your numbers will start to shoot back up to where they were before, then the only place to go is up!

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
I have tried quite a few pre workout sups and jacked is up there with the best of em. It has never given me any stomach problems at all. The only downside I have found from it is that it can totalllyyy kill your appetite. I mean if you take it a few days straight you are not gonna want to eat a thing and you gotta force it down. Don't think this happens to everyone but I gotta take it east with the stuff if I still want to get my cals in.

As for the creatine in it, why would you not want it? I know you aren't currently taking any creatine but it won't hurt anything, and if you are cycling it and in an off stage I have read there is only around 1.2g of creatine per scoop, and you don't take it every day, so it wouldn't be counterproductive. Why aren't you supplementing with creatine anyway?

Your lifts are a little low now but like you said it takes time to get things moving, after some time off you gotta get your body readjusted to the lifts and get your form down again. I am sure in a few weeks your numbers will start to shoot back up to where they were before, then the only place to go is up!
Yeah creatine is known for upseting your stumach atleast through the loading fase. Like before when i mentioned i have crohnes disease im afraid of messing up my stumach, everything is going so well right now.... I do have some anabolic od when it was like buy one get four free lol. I am not against creatine what so ever. i do have some kre alka i might just bust that out instead...

Yeah i know man it sucks when your lifting suffers..... It really gets to yah mentally.... But once i get my lifts back up there it will be b@lls to the wall! Cant wait! its been a while buddy!

But to recap on the jacked.... The creatine is pretty low for a serving 1.2 might not upset my stumach..... hmmmmm. The only thing that would weine me away from it would be the not eating thing.... I guess it is pretty cheap to try out and if i dont like it im sure i can get a friend to take it lol.... I do have some superpump but wow that stuff should be called butt drip shake!

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Something i have noticed fellas. Lately i have been taking my pslin. And recently i have been sooooo hungry all the time! i think this pslin is making me so dang hungry! what yall think? this is the first time i have taken this stuff. And this is awsome! lol i love being hungry all the time!

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Almost done with my weight training week. Have finished all the bodyparts. Good workouts all kept them at a low rep and high weight. Feeling really good! Cant wait to start the p90x! im more excited about that then weight training! lol. weird! But will be posting a video soon. Back has not been hurting at all so im excited. The yoga must have really helped my back. Ill also be posting up what my p90x routine will be looking like soon.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Week 2 and 3

Just finished working out on third week of p90x.

3rd week was great

Monday:upper body and Core
Tues:yoga
Wend:stretch
Thurs: Cardio and upper body
Fri: plyometrics
Sat: yoga
Sunday: upper body

If your not familiar with p90x. The cds upper body workouts are in groups. chest and back cd shoulders and arms cd and chest and shoulders cd back and shoulders cd. etc. etc. The works outs are very vigorous. Once again for the first time i was not able to finish some of the cds. Took me a while. too get used too. STILL not completely used to it.
The upper body workouts are intense! i never did so many pushups and pullups in my life! i was sooo sore the next day! :box: But its a really addicting workout. Loving this stuff!

Pslin is doing its job at helping me eat more. Im hungry all the time. Still not tired of the bcaas drinking the stuff like crazy!

Push ups in sets started at twenty but dwindled down to 10. Pullups at 20 to 8. lol so my next goal is to get higher. and back up to what i used to be able to do. Pushups i used to be able to go all day... oh well. Ill get it back though. Ill see what my weight is when i go to the gym this week coming up. i think im at around 165 im might be wrong.... We will see.

Sorry about not posting a vid fellas.... My camera is acting up but ill have it fixed next week...... promise! Ight!

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
P90 is SOOOOOOO addidcting. I love it dude. Starting next week things get freeky for me. I need to start taking 3 full days off in a row. Work and Night oupatient. SO going to have to mix things up again.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Im adding some pct to my supplements. Just because i feel like my blood pressure is high and i kinda like to use pain pills for fun..... so i wanna get my liver back to normal... So im dont with the pain pills. I went to run this morning and noticed how my heart rate jumped up real quick... kinda pathetic.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Good week so far have been able to do arms chest and back! shoulders is coming up tonight. Had a panic and lost my wallet so i was not able to go to the gym one night!! yikes! but found it the next day and was able to do back last night. But cant wait to start p90x this week coming up!!! woot woot! its more exciteing than weight training.... kinda scary! lol

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Oh weight is 165 right now.... trying to gain. My metabolism is crazy!

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Its funny Ive been away from the gym sooo long that I kinda want to hold off on the P90 and just HIT IT HARD at the gym. Looking good though bro. Keep pushing and youll be doing so many pushups, youll get your numbers back

ninja warrior

Awards
i'm very interested in this thread. i've done the full 90 days of p90x before and lost all fat. i actually lost 2.3 lbs of lean mass as well, but i was really restricting my calories to shed the fat. pry too much. i got my bodyfat done each 30 days, and the first month, i lost 14.8 lbs of fat, and 0.9 lbs of muscle. the next month sucked, because i guess my body was shocked. i lost 1.4 lbs of fat, and 2 lbs of muscle. the final month, i upped my calories a smige, and ganined back .6 lbs of muscle and lost another 6.3 lbs of fat. so i loved the 90 days, but was wanting to figure out a way to add some muscle during it so i hope this works great for you, and i'll pry try something very similar. "ab ripper x, i hate it, but i love it"........ too true.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
i'm very interested in this thread. i've done the full 90 days of p90x before and lost all fat. i actually lost 2.3 lbs of lean mass as well, but i was really restricting my calories to shed the fat. pry too much. i got my bodyfat done each 30 days, and the first month, i lost 14.8 lbs of fat, and 0.9 lbs of muscle. the next month sucked, because i guess my body was shocked. i lost 1.4 lbs of fat, and 2 lbs of muscle. the final month, i upped my calories a smige, and ganined back .6 lbs of muscle and lost another 6.3 lbs of fat. so i loved the 90 days, but was wanting to figure out a way to add some muscle during it so i hope this works great for you, and i'll pry try something very similar. "ab ripper x, i hate it, but i love it"........ too true.
Yeah im hopping this is going to go well. Im staying lean. But hopefully i will gain some muscle off of this. Thanx for subbin! hope you enjoy!

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Ok ladies and gents. Sorry about not being able to post anything for two weeks now...... Anywho i was not able to do any p90x last week for i was in atlanta, partying like a rockstar with my old buddies back in high school. So i missed a week, well i did some cardio and yoga monday and tues of last week, but that was it.
I really needed that break from working so much.... It was really nice.
But heres the updates. I have lost weight prob from all the alcohol i drank. Seems to upset my stumach..... But i am allllllooootttt fuller I can really tell my muscle memory is starting to kick in. Really getting my strength back. Im excited!
Anyways here is what i have been doing monday tues wend and for the rest of this week.

Monday:
Chest
bench press 50 reps 1 set 90 lbs (warm up pump)
Dumbell butt-end flye 5 sets of 12, 20lbs
Dumbell decline 5 sets of 12, 50lbs (prob could have gone more but those flyes really burnt me out)
Dips 50 reps 1 set, took me 3 sets to finish but was able to get 50
Biceps
Barbell curl 5 sets 12 reps
Double hammer curl 5 of 12
Reverse curl 3 of 12

Tuesday
Abs
Standing cable crunch 4 sets of 25
One arm kettle krunch 3 sets of 15 each side
DB side bend 3 of 10 each side
Calves
Pogo jump 3 sets of 30 (Love these! You do look like an idiot though ha)
Seated calf raises 3 of 20

Wednesday
Back
Bent over row 50 of 105lbs 1 set
Dumbbell row "kroc" style 1 set till failure 50lbs Hit 40 reps on each side. Owie!
Lat pull down 5 sets of 12 reps
Seated cable row with rope 5 sets of 12
Hamies
Seated leg curls 5 sets of 12 reps
standing leg curl w/ Stretch bands 5 sets of 12

Thursday
Smith overhead press with stretch bands 5 sets of 12
Shrug 3 sets of 20
Tri set bent over lateral raise, lateral raise front raise 1 set of 8 reps
cuban press 5 sets of 12
triceps
TRicep extension 5 sets of 10
lying tricep extensions 5 of 12
band pushdown or cable 1 set of 100
Grip
farmers 45 plate walks till failure

Friday
abs
Weighted incline sit up 5 sets of 15
Rollout 5 sets of 10 reps
Incline russian twist with medicine ball 3 sets of 20 reps
Calves
pogo jump 3 sets of 40
standing calve raise 3 sets of 20

Saturday
Quads
Squat 50 reps as needed on sets not sure what the weight will be yet cause this is new in adding to my squat.
Barbell or DB lunges 3 sets of 12
High box squat 5 sets of 15
Leg extension 100 as needed on sets once again have not done this technique.

But one thing i do know is that will be one hell of a leg day! ha.

Tonight after my work out once again still been doing alot of stretching and yoga. I am really really noticed my flexibility! im loving this! my back is feeling so much better my shoulders are not pinching like they used to. ITs incredible!

Sorry again guys for being so late. If you saw the kind of ladies i was hanging out with you would not at all blame me! haha

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Oh and my weight is 163 but because i look bigger i think im loosing weight from p90x but like i said i did party for 4 days...... so might of kinda bit myself on the booty.....

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
This week i have been doing both weight training and p90x. MY flexibility i have noticed has increased soooo much. My back feels like im part hercules cause it is not hurting or pinching anymore. My knees occasionally but hasnt been as bad as it was. Ill post up this week.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Week 4,5,6

These weeks have been balls to the wall! haha. My workouts have been improving a good bit! finally! I have been doing more weight lifting instead of p90x..... I just missed the weights man..... But ill get back into it this week. This week will just be yoga stretching and core.. Mixed in with my weight training days. Workouts are still followed the same as week 2,3 same set up seems to still be kicking my arse! yoga is getting easier so i think i will be pausing the video and trying the more advanced! sweet! Still have noticed a drastic improvment on all my joints! Rock on! still eating a ton have not stopped taking pslin. Love the stuff! bullet proof finished about a week ago. My feedback on bullet proof is that its a great sleeping product! i drempt some wierd dreams..... just a little to expensive though....recovery was nice but not enough to notice..... Sleeping rocked though i give the sleeping 5 stars out of 5.
Weight is at 168. Moving on up slowly! I need to do a vid soon but i would like to do it when im done..... Maybe 2 more months.... We will see.

Another thing with the diet. P90x is known for keeping you burning a ton of calories. Well it is possible to gain weight if you dont take it to such an extreme i have noticed. Alot of rice and pasta has been part of my diet. SO i know im throwing in more carbs than i could burn lol. But like i have said in the past that you can keep the reps at 8 reps or 6 or whatever you want. cardio i keep at a minimum.... Mostly focus on the body workouts and rubber bands workouts. but my weight is increasing..... so this is proof. So just customize your cd workouts to what you want.... I understand this could be hard for some people cause its alot to consider but it can be done.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Pics of the ladies?
Well if your signed on facebook hit me up send me a pm im a friend of anabolicminds. I have some pics on there of the ladies. I would love to post them up on here but i have the hardest time doing it..... It never works for me.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Oh one more thing i have increased my fishoil intake to about 8g. Im a huge believer in fishoil and if you curious i can explain why later ha, like through pming me ha.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
WEight training (same as above)

P90x in rotation: Yoga, Core synergystics, stretching, Sunday (day of rest buddy)

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looking good dude. Keep hitting it. hopefully your weight will increase to where you want it.