intheflesh is cutting for summer! (Lipo 6x & ephedrine log) (pics)

intheflesh

intheflesh

Awards
Da Back Story: I've had a bottle of Lipo 6x kicking around for quite some time and I figured this would be a good time to use it. What I plan on doing is building up to 4 caps a day of this and using it more or less until the bottle runs out, which will be just over a month. A couple weeks in, 2-3 most likely, I want to start taking ephedrine at 24mg/day (8mg tabs). I only have 50 tabs, though, so it'll last just under 2 weeks. I've also got a bottle of MAN Scorch, a product I've used once before without amazing results, but is present in my stock regardless. I might bridge right into Scorch when the Lipo 6x is done depending on how I'm feeling at that time.

Tentative supplement schedule:
Nutrex Lipo 6x: 4-4-4-4-0-0-0-0 (4/day/7 days a week)
4everfit Ephedrine: 0-0-3-3-0-0-0-0 (3 tabs or 24mg/day/7 days a week)
MAN Scorch: 0-0-0-0-6-6-6-6 (6/day/7days a week)

Does this look legit?

Goals:
Starting at ~175 pounds, ~14-15% bodyfat. Aiming to preserve my muscle and drop to ~9-10% bodyfat in 6-8 weeks. I think this is reasonable, as to lose 5% bodyfat would be 8.75 pounds from 175. If I can drop to 8%, so much the better.

Diet: Not logging in detail at this point
Looks like it's going to be a basic bodybuilding-cutting diet, aiming for reduced calories to what I've been eating as maintenance and as clean as possible. Much chicken breast, rice, vegetables, etc. If there's interest I can log food, but I'm not going to do it if nobody cares.

Workout:
This area is particularly frustrating. I just moved home from university and I'm back home in a rather small rural town. There are no suitable gyms for me to go to - to give an example, the nearest 'gym' to me, 15 minutes drive away, is equipped with 3 treadmills, a total body gym thinger, a couple dumbbells and barely 200 pounds of free weights on a non-oly bar. Nowhere near enough to do anything but bench press with, but oh well, there's no bench either.

Enough complaining, then: my workouts are going to be primarily done in my yard, with mostly bodyweight exercises dominating. I have ghetto gymnastics rings that I made last year hanging from the tree in my front yard, so I plan to do work on those, and it'll otherwise be a lot of pushups, pullups, squats if my knees will tolerate them, etc etc. Core exercises will probably be hanging leg raises, lying leg raises, knees to elbows, dragon flags if I can find a place to anchor myself properly, etc. I know this is a rather unstructured workout program, but I'm finding myself at a loss when I've got no gym to go to. I might see if they'll let me use the weight room at my old high school until their school ends in June.

The cardio aspect of my cut will primarily be uphill manual treadmill and biking, I think. Long walks too, but my knees can't tolerate road-running very well and I'm trying to heal 'em, so that's out for a bit.

Misc:
The log is primarily to keep me on track, as well as keeping you guys informed on my progress and showing progress pics. Please post if there's something you'd like me to state that I've missed. Next post will include starting pics and stats.

intheflesh

intheflesh

Awards
Stats:
5'10"
~175 pounds.. guessing ~14-15% body fat?
Deadlift: 375x1
Bench: 205x1 or 185x4
Squat: ?? Can't max or even tax knees atm
Clean & Jerk: 165x1
Standing OHP: 125x1

May 1 Pics: Sorry about the lousy angles, but progress should still be very noticeable.
1: Unflexed
2: Flexed
3: Flexed, different angle.

Attachments

intheflesh

intheflesh

Awards
Day 1:
1 cap lipo6x AM, one PM

Workout: something like this
Jumping Muscle-Up (JMU) (I have some different heights of blocks to jump from so I'm improving my muscle up by slowly lowering the height). yeah so:
JMUx3x3
Bike ride
JMUx3
Upside down rows on ringsx5x2

Gotta at least throw in some core work today or that's a pretty sad workout, although muscle ups are deceptively hard :p. I might do some BW stuff, pushups, pullups, plank etc just to round it off.

Ended up doing some wood-mornings and more biking.

intheflesh

intheflesh

Awards
Day 2:
2 caps lipo6x AM, 1 PM

Workout:
Alternating minutes on the incline treadmill and muscleups. 1-1 for 10 minutes. Sweating like a pig. Did a bike ride too, and the funniest thing happened. Down near the water, there was a backpack sitting on the shore. Nobody was around, so I checked it out and it had an automatic coffee grinder that was obviously used recently to grind weed, as well as a pocket scale in another pocket. I have nothing against weed, but people that do stupid things like leaving their backpack in the open with this stuff in it make all stoners look bad. Boo to them.

The muscleups are definitely getting stronger. I can almost do them without a jump now, although I still need a foot up on the block to do it. This is still a major improvement... hope to see a full muscleup soon!

intheflesh

intheflesh

Awards
Day 3:
2 caps lipo6x AM 2 caps PM

Was very active today: kayaking in the morning, biking, carrying some wood through the new property (building a cabin near the water :) ), sawing, more biking. Didn't really eat much today, don't know if that's the lipo6x or if it's a coincidence. We'll know if it continues. Took the day off from incline treadmill/muscleups as my shoulders are feeling a bit wobbly. No noticeable weight loss or definition yet, of course.

intheflesh

intheflesh

Awards
Yesterday's Day 4:
2 caps lipo 6x AM, 2 caps PM

Did a workout which was basically a circuit of 5 pullups, 10 pushups, 1 muscleup. Only got through 4 rounds before my left shoulder started tweaking a bit, so I stopped there. Did some bike riding, walking, etc. Not too much to say. Will post today's later.

intheflesh

intheflesh

Awards
Day 5:
2-2 lipo6x
Well well well. Got weighed at the doctor's office today and I seem to have dropped a ton of water weight in a very short time. I'm sitting at 168 pounds, with jeans on, but not shoes.

Going to do some incline treadmill and biking soon. Haven't been very active today... gotta get a good sweat going on.

intheflesh

intheflesh

Awards
Day 6:
2;2 lipo6x

GOT the muscle up. Did four nonconsecutive ones, no jumps. SO stoked... the technique is there now. =)

Did some incline treadmill and pushups today. Biking some before dark falls. I'm in a great mood.

intheflesh

intheflesh

Awards
Yesterday's Day 7:
2;2 lipo6x

Somewhat of a rest day. Certainly didn't accomplish much...

It's f*cking blizzarding out!!! Stupid Canada!

intheflesh

intheflesh

Awards
Yesterday's Day 8
2;2 lipo6x

Nothing special really. Basic exercise. I'm getting fed up with these weak workouts though, and there's a gym about a half hour drive away that I might end up hitting up soon.

intheflesh

intheflesh

Awards
Day 9
2;2 lipo6x

Went for a long (80 minute) bike ride just now... weather was perfect. Did some rings stuff, nothing unusual.

intheflesh

intheflesh

Awards
Day 10
2;2 lipo6x
1 piece Thermogum

Finally got my order from NP today; they really compensate for the huge shipping cost by sending free samples, eh? Anyways, I did 10 minutes of incline treadmill and a good amount of work on the rings. Will bike tonight. The Thermogum was an interesting experience - it actually numbed my mouth for a bit while I was chewing it. I was pretty concentrated on the workout, so it might have helped, but it's too early to tell. For now, I'll continue use.

The plan is still to throw in ephedrine on day 15.

intheflesh

intheflesh

Awards
Day 11
2;2 lipo6x, 1 thermogum
Got to check out a new gym today. Half hour drive away, but it'll do for now.

Deadlifts: 135x5, 225x5,3,3,5, 295x1,1, 345x1
Supersetted BO Rows and Lat Pulldown: 135x5 and some setting on the machinex8 for 5 supersets.
Bench Press: super light weight for like 25 reps to get the muscles looser. my left pec is giving me some grief, actually, so i'll be going light for it.

intheflesh

intheflesh

Awards
Day 12
2;2 lipo6x

Did a little light jogging today to see how my knees deal with it. Little too lazy today. Will hit arms or something tomorrow.

intheflesh

intheflesh

Awards
Day 13
2;2 lipo6x
1 piece thermogum

Knees felt great today, so I did a little bit of leg work to capitalize on it. Jogged a bit more, did some squats (the first set of 20 that's been more or less painfree for 11 months!!) and lateral stepups. Nothing too intense, sadly. Really gotta kick it into gear now, I've got somewhat better knees and a gym to go to, no excuses left.

intheflesh

intheflesh

Awards
Day 14
2;2 lipo6x

Jogged this morning, did some rings afterwards.
Hit the gym this afternoon:

BB Bench: 45x25, 135x7x5. Trying not to kill my left pec, as I'm not sure if it's healed.
Tricep Pushdown: Ended up abandoning after 2 sets because the machine sucks in this gym.
Skullcrushers: 40x8, 45x8, 45x8
EZ Curls: 3 sets of 21: 8 regular, 7 pronated and 6 close grip. these were fun and my arms were quite immobile afterwards.

Did a bunch of core work and some elliptical too. Good day... weighed in at 167 with light clothing, no shoes

intheflesh

intheflesh

Awards
Day 15:
2;2 lipo6x
24mg ephedrine (8+16)
1piece thermogum

Woke up, took morning doses and a thermogum and took a quick bike ride before breakfast. Did some rings, but my arms are quite sore. Just trying to get some cardio in today. Adding the ephedrine made me sweat like crazy (I think) but otherwise had no noticeable effects.

Pics from just now are up... Apologies for the lighting on the last one making me look like I'm doing better than I probably am; but you can still compare it to the one in the first post that did the same thing.

Attachments

intheflesh

intheflesh

Awards
Day 16:
2;2 lipo6x
24mg ephedrine
2 thermogums, one AM one PM

Did some treadmill, a lot of biking and some rings today. Things are going well.. if tomorrow's nice I'm kayaking for sure.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Good stuff man, i'm thinking about running some lipo6x and ephedra soon. I've ran lipo6x in the past with great results so you should see some great results with that combo you have there.

intheflesh

intheflesh

Awards
Day 17
2;2 lipo6x
24mg ephedrine (2-1)
1 thermogum

Weighed at 168, but with shoes on and a lot of water in my stomach... I'll get a better reading soon.

Good day! Did some incline treadmill, rings and abs work this morning. This afternoon, hit the gym for a good back workout and came up with this:

Deadlift: 135x10, 225x5, 295x3, 345x1, 365x1, 225x5, 225x5. Last two sets were "explosive". The 365 wasn't actually all that hard.. which is great because my 375 PR was in April and when I was just coming off E-Stane. I obviously haven't lost strength!

Supersetted lat pulldowns and BO rows. Lat pulldowns with I think 120-120-110 pounds in 8s, and BO rows with 155 pounds in 5s. The rows are doing well! Some miscellaneous lifts after that... did a little floor pressing and some abs for giggles.

Tonight, went for a long bike ride. Feeling awesome and tired.

Good stuff man, i'm thinking about running some lipo6x and ephedra soon. I've ran lipo6x in the past with great results so you should see some great results with that combo you have there.
Thanks dude, it's not coming badly but in the next couple of weeks I'm going to really turn the heat on! Let's see if we can get somewhere.

intheflesh

intheflesh

Awards
Day 18:
2;2 lipo6x
24mg ephedrine (2-1)

Did some kayaking for about an hour today and some biking. Not too much to say... I'm feeling pretty low energy right now and need a lot of sleep if I'm gonna hit it hard tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get into the gym and hit chest/shoulders... but we'll see.

intheflesh

intheflesh

Awards
Day 19:
2;2 lipo6x
24mg ephedrine (2-1)

Put up more of the new shed today. It should be done soon :)
Aside from that basic labor, I did some biking tonight and some basic ab exercises around lunchtime. Pretty restful day. Def hitting gym tomorrow.

intheflesh

intheflesh

Awards
Day 20:
2;2 lipo6x
24mg ephedrine (2-1)

Embarassingly enough, couldn't get to the gym today. Tomorrow is the plan, but I doubt you believe me by now. >_<
I made up for it by doing a nice long slow jog.. Been feeling lousy so I'm going to get a good sleep and hopefully feel better by tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

intheflesh

intheflesh

Awards
Day 21:
2;2 lipo6x
24mg ephedrine (2-1)

Weighed in at 165 pounds today with light clothing and no shoes. Hit the gym:

DB Bench Press: 55sx8, 60sx7, 60sx4
Seated Overhead DB Press: 20sx8, 25sx8, 35sx5
Lying DB Triceps Extension: 15sx8, 20sx8, 30sx5
EZ Bar Curl 21s (8 standard, 7 pronated, 6 close grip): 30x21, 30x21
Decline Crunches: set with a 25er, longer set with a 5er and twists, some with no added weight.

Did a few minutes of elliptical as a cooldown sorta thing. Good gym visit! :)

intheflesh

intheflesh

Awards
Days 22,23, and 24 were unfortunately mostly spent traveling to and from Toronto to see relatives.. aside from walking and some random chinups/abs there were no significant workouts. Continued to take the lipo6x and ephedrine though. Posting up day 25 later today

intheflesh

intheflesh

Awards
Yesterday: Day 25
lipo6x 2;2
ephedrine 24mg 2-1

Much time spent running, biking and even a little swimming today. Gym later today.. maxing deads hopefully

intheflesh

intheflesh

Awards
Day 26
2;2 lipo6x
24mg ephedrine (2-1)
1piece thermogum

Hit the gym for back today! Weighed in at a terrifying 163.5 pounds with light clothing, no shoes. I think the hot weather is causing me to drop even more water, because although it's not muscle I'm losing, I'm certainly not losing fat this quickly.

Deadlifts: 135x5, 225x5, 335x2, 385x1 PR WOOT! Hitting PRs while cutting is awesome. Do note that I'm taking Jack3d before workouts as of a week or so ago.
Superset Lat Pull-downs & BO Rows: 110x8 & 135x5, 110x8 & 135x5, 120x8 & 155x4

Did elliptical and some decline crunches and finished up.. In and out in under an hour, but feeling amazing and sweating like mad. Good stuff. Pics on day 28

Edit: ended up kayaking for an hour and a half and doing a bike ride after that. exhausting day.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Day 26
2;2 lipo6x
24mg ephedrine (2-1)
1piece thermogum

Hit the gym for back today! Weighed in at a terrifying 163.5 pounds with light clothing, no shoes. I think the hot weather is causing me to drop even more water, because although it's not muscle I'm losing, I'm certainly not losing fat this quickly.

Deadlifts: 135x5, 225x5, 335x2, 385x1 PR WOOT! Hitting PRs while cutting is awesome. Do note that I'm taking Jack3d before workouts as of a week or so ago.
Superset Lat Pull-downs & BO Rows: 110x8 & 135x5, 110x8 & 135x5, 120x8 & 155x4

Did elliptical and some decline crunches and finished up.. In and out in under an hour, but feeling amazing and sweating like mad. Good stuff. Pics on day 28
Good job on the deads dude....that's damn near 2.5 times your body weight!

intheflesh

intheflesh

Awards
Day 27
2;2 lipo6x
24mg ephedrine (2-1)
1 thermogum

Not too much going on today.. back is the perfect amount of soreness. Put up another wall today, and swatting the deerflies is EXCELLENT cardio >_<. Probably biking later, but who knows. Pics tomorrow; hopefully a chest workout too.

intheflesh

intheflesh

Awards
Day 28
2;2 lipo6x
24mg ephedrine (2-1)
1 piece thermogum

Woo, four weeks! Pics are below, and I'm pretty happy. Weighed in at 162.5 pounds with light clothing today... there's no way the weight loss can continue at this rate... ephedrine is crazy stuff!! I jogged a bit this morning (which is AWESOME, because my knees aren't killing me.. feels good!) and hit the gym this afternoon.

(WeightxRepsxSets)
BB Bench Press: 135x5, 155x5, 175x4, 185x1, 135x5. I should have been able to do another rep or two on the 185 but it didn't feel good at all. Next week!
DB Bench Press: 50sx8, 45sx7, 40sx8
EZ Bar Tricep Extensions/Skullcrushers?: assuming the bar is 15 pounds, which I'm not at all sure about, I did some strange skullcrusher variation with my hands wider than normal, because my elbow was tweaking when I was fully extended with regular grip. fingers crossed I'm not getting tendonitis there too T_T. 35x8x3
EZ Bar Curl 21s (8-7-6 standard-pronated-closegrip): 45x21x2

Did some decline crunches as is standard by now, hightailed it outta there. Life is good!

Progression in the last 4 weeks: started at somewhere between 173 and 175 pounds. Now sitting at 162.5 as of today, down approx. 12 pounds in 4 weeks. Accounting for water loss, there's still definitely been fat loss, and this can be seen in the progress pics. My max deadlift is up 10 pounds, and I don't think any of my other lifts have gone down; mostly maintained. I have to admit that I've been lax on the shoulders lately, though, so I'll be hitting them harder in the weeks to come.

Pics:
1 Front flexed
2 Quads flexed
3 Back flexed; this is from 2 days ago
4 Front unflexed just for reference

Attachments

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Nice work man looks like you're starting to lean out

intheflesh

intheflesh

Awards
Yesterday's Day 29:
2;2 lipo6x
24mg ephedrine

Not much happened.. jogged in the morning and helped my dad out a bit, but no other important events. Super tired.

Day 30 notes:
The lipo6x is done after today. What I think I'll do is phase through the Adipoxil free samples NP sent me and see where I'm at after that. The ephedrine probably won't last more than a few days either. We'll see how Adipoxil treats me :)

Update: jogged and biked today. not much to say, but my jogging is getting better... and my knees are holding for the time being..!

intheflesh

intheflesh

Awards
Day 31
Okay so it looks like what's going to happen is I'm going to go through NP's Adipoxil samples for about a week (?) and decide from there whether I want to run Scorch or not. The ephedrine also runs out today.

SO dosing for today is
2 adipoxil (1-1), tomorrow 4 (2-2)
24mg ephedrine (2-1), tomorrow none

Will edit later for results from today if there's anything important to be said. Hitting the gym tmrw for back.

Edit: did a nice long jog, knees held up fine. Stoked to deadlift tomorrow.

intheflesh

intheflesh

Awards
Day 32
2;2 adipoxil

Definitely looking dry and lean today. Weighed at the gym at 162 pounds with light clothing, no shoes. The happiness stopped there, as I quickly discovered that I was super weak today. :(

Deadlifts: 135x5, 225x5, 315x5, 335x2
Superset Lat Pulldowns and BO Rows: [120x8 & 145x5]x3
Curl 21s: 45x21x2

Did my weighted decline crunches with 10 lbs above the head. Got some awesome burn this time.. Hitting abs hard feels great.

intheflesh

intheflesh

Awards
Yesterday's Day 33
2;2 adipoxil

Jogged some. Little to say... my knees hurt.

intheflesh

intheflesh

Awards
Yesterday's Day 34
2;2 adipoxil

Biked some but my knees were pissing me off yesterday.

pre-Day 35

Today is kinda bad for fat loss; I'll be in a car for most of it, and heading to a dance and later a party. I won't get to hit the gym, which sucks. I'll try to figure something out.

intheflesh

intheflesh

Awards
Day 35 & 36

Regular adipoxil use. Kinda been a rough couple of days.. cops, among other things have definitely kept me busy. Hopefully hitting chest tomorrow..?

intheflesh

intheflesh

Awards
Yesterday's Day 37
2;2 adipoxil

DEFINITELY coming down with a cold on top of everything else. :( The good news is that I weighed in at 160.5 pounds with light clothing, no shoes, which means still positive for fat loss at least.

DB Bench Press: 55sx8, 60sx7, 55sx8
DB Overhead Press: 35sx8, 35sx7, 35sx7
Triceps Eccentric Extensions: The weight was like 80 pounds, but I was pushing it down with 2 hands and letting it come back up with one hand. Trying to hit tri's without aggravating what might be tendonitis.

Decline crunches after that and I was done in record time. Feeling really sick. :(

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Yesterday's Day 37
2;2 adipoxil

DEFINITELY coming down with a cold on top of everything else. :( The good news is that I weighed in at 160.5 pounds with light clothing, no shoes, which means still positive for fat loss at least.

DB Bench Press: 55sx8, 60sx7, 55sx8
DB Overhead Press: 35sx8, 35sx7, 35sx7
Triceps Eccentric Extensions: The weight was like 80 pounds, but I was pushing it down with 2 hands and letting it come back up with one hand. Trying to hit tri's without aggravating what might be tendonitis.

Decline crunches after that and I was done in record time. Feeling really sick. :(
Go to the store and buy some emergenc it'll be in the vitamins aisle....take half the box one day and half the box the next day. You might even want to buy two boxes and take it for four days straight. Last time I got sick I did that and was feeling better on day 3 but not 100%....if i had that extra box I probably would have been in better shape.

intheflesh

intheflesh

Awards
Deal, I'll go check it out. Thanks!

edit: go figure the pharmacies in my town wouldn't have it. Town's too small I guess. Thanks anyways dude, I'll just superdose vitamin C and I'll be back to normal in a few days.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Deal, I'll go check it out. Thanks!

edit: go figure the pharmacies in my town wouldn't have it. Town's too small I guess. Thanks anyways dude, I'll just superdose vitamin C and I'll be back to normal in a few days.
sorry to hear that man....i was dosing around 15g per day

intheflesh

intheflesh

Awards
I'm feeling a bit better today regardless. It's not something serious, I think. And because I forgot:

Yesterday's Day 38:
2;2 adipoxil

Mostly stayed in my room doing music. Wasn't well at all for most of the day.

intheflesh

intheflesh

Awards
Day 39:
2;2 adipoxil

The Adipoxil samples run out tomorrow, and then I decide if I want to keep cutting or not. I seem to have derailed a bit of late, and I'm not sure how it'll go. Guess I'll take pics tomorrow and decide afterwards.

intheflesh

intheflesh

Awards
Day 40:
2;2 adipoxil FINISHED.

Well, dunno what I'll do now. Trying to deadlift tomorrow, but I might not have a car to do it. Blah. My definition is doing pretty well these days, and I might end the cut here.. but I'll update tomorrow regardless. Thanks for keeping with me, and sorry for this bit of a down-turn.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Day 40:
2;2 adipoxil FINISHED.

Well, dunno what I'll do now. Trying to deadlift tomorrow, but I might not have a car to do it. Blah. My definition is doing pretty well these days, and I might end the cut here.. but I'll update tomorrow regardless. Thanks for keeping with me, and sorry for this bit of a down-turn.
It's all good man....post some final pics and put the log to rest if that's what you feel like doing :)

intheflesh

intheflesh

Awards
Wrapup:

Well, here's the end of the log. Didn't get to drive today, unfortunately but got a couple photos taken so I can at least post those. No weight measurement either, but if I can get one tomorrow I'll post it. More or less the log's accomplished what I hoped for, and I'm just going to 'maintain' this level of body fat for a month or two and let the inconsistent summer work it's way out.

Come fall, I'm definitely going to focus a lot more on shoulders primarily, and upper arms (spec. biceps) secondarily. My back is well in the lead overall, and my leg rehab's going decently, but slowly. Definitely in a couple weeks I should be able to resume training for them, albeit easing in over time.

Thanks to everyone for reading and commenting! (Dark, you were good motivation! Special thanks!)

Note: the first 'arnold' back pose was taken on June 4. Figured I'd include it for comparison anyways.

Attachments

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
good job man...great review and nice run!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 25
Supplements 33
delsolrob Anabolics 7
Supplements 13
intheflesh Anabolics 43