risktaker OVERKILL!

risktaker

Awards
Hey guys, I'm going to write a log in to have some fun and learn from each other. My thread was inspired by watching Kai Greene Overkill and I figure if Kai Greene trains to lose fat while retaining muscle, why not create a vol3. overkill in which I train for recomposition(gain muscle and lose fat at the same time). I started with the intermidiate 5x5 program last monday so pretty much I'm going to take you to my journey, my training, and my philosophies of nutrition and training in natural bodybuilding.

risktaker

Awards
okay some pics of my home gym. Nothing fancy just a iron gym, barbells and dumbbells and that's it to get the results I want

Attachments

risktaker

Awards
Okay here's today training:

regular squat- 4 sets of 5 reps- stayed the same with 212.6lbs on the last set, monday I worked my way 267.6lbs squat

incline dumbbell press- 4 sets of 5

wide grip pull-ups- 4 sets of 5 reps

After training, I did 10 min of HIIT**

the way I do HIIT is that I warm-up for 30 sec then go full force for 30sec, and then recover for 30 sec, then repeat.

risktaker

Awards
This is my first time doing the 5x5 intermidiate program so the first 2 weeks is pretty much trial and error but hey, I'm 18 and I know that I can't be perfect all the time;)

risktaker

Awards
Hey guys I'm back. Here's how I trained today:

squats- first 4 sets same as monday, 5 set was a triple which I worked my way to 272.6lbs and then dropped it down to 212.6lbs for 8 reps

bench press- first 4 sets same as monday, 5 set was a triple which I worked my way to 187.6lbs then dropped it down to 162.6lbs for 8 reps

90 degree barbell row- first 4 sets same as monday, 5 set was a triple which I worked my way to 202.6lbs then dropped it down to 162.6lbs

assitant exercises- barbell curls superset with tate presses 3 sets of 8

Now today I do noticed that todays session felt too easy. Well that's because I'm currently on the Jack3d stack by usplabs and I got to say ever since I got back on the Jack3d stack on sunday, I felt so much better and my confidence with the weights is going up. I think next friday, I might up the weights by at least ten pounds pounds, but that will be determined base on next weeks performance on monday and wednesday so stay tuned.