Building the Bridge 4

TheWhiteRhino

TheWhiteRhino

Awards
So yesterday was arms. I both felt and looked BIG. My triceps pump was decent but I looked extraordinarily full. My biceps pump was immense and I looked full.

Triceps started with close-grip bench. After some warm-up I pushed three sets (225 x 10; 275 x 8) finishing at 315 for 4 reps. This felt good and I had my spotter force an extra rep on me (which I do not count). Next for a nourishing pump I hit push downs with the straight bar. I got after 3 sets at 80 pounds each going for 20, 20 and 15 reps. The tri's were tight after this and I was feeling pumped for weighted dips. I strapped 90 pounds on my dip belt and got 8 deep reps. I then strapped on 115lbs for 6 reps and finished striping a solid three plates around my waist for 4 reps. I went deeper than I ever have on these sets and I was rewarded with bulging tri's. My last nourishing pump set was skull crushers. I hit three sets of 80 pounds for 20, 20 and 15 reps. I was completely burned out after that last pump set.

I then moved on to bi's. It's important to note that after years of training I found that 10-12 sets is best for my body. This is the case only if I hit arms at least 48 hours before and/or after back. If I were to hit bi's any closer to back than this I would consider only 8 sets. I started with standing barbell curls. After three sets (80 x 10; 100 x 7) I ended up finishing at 120lbs for 4 reps. I then hit incline dumbbell curls for three sets at 15 pounds for 20 reps each. The key to this movement, like every bicep movement is holding peak contraction for 2 seconds. My second mass building exercise was preacher curl on the hammer strength machine. I hit three sets (90 x 10; 105 x 8) finishing at 115 for 5 reps. I completed bi's with 3 nourishing pump sets of hammer cable curls at 50 pounds a piece for 20 reps each.

So hitting these pump sets was truly exhausting. I feel like I could get away with only 10 sets on this routine as opposed to 12. Regardless, my pump and size were off the charts after this lift. I finished with a couple of sets of forearms before making a shake and heading home.

Today is legs with Sunday being an off day comprised of 30 minutes of interval cardio. Expect an update by then.

Stay Anabolic!