Page 3 of 7 First 12345 ... Last
  1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.69%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Keep killing it John! The numbers may drop but it's the physique that matters man. You'll do great!
    Come join me on my Olympus goodie run (Ostarine / Ep1c / Str3ngth / Sup3r PCT)

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.83%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by punthra View Post
    Keep killing it John! The numbers may drop but it's the physique that matters man. You'll do great!
    I am taking a week break either lightweights or no weight then Ill start training hard in a week. My body is beat as Ive been beating it for the last six weeks

You are right Jason the physique is what matters and time away from competing is what a body builder can focus on for sheer strength.

It is a battle as last year I struggled with wanted to keep moving heavy weights with all out intensity> I learned this from Dorian Yates as I have been communicating with him and he answered me if there was one thing he would do different it would be to back off the intensity the last 6-8 weeks of competition because there is no point with the calories reduced your really not going to build any muscle at all--That was his answer so i know it may be hard to back off being an animal in the gym but *remember when body fat is low, glycogen is as well, the joints are not as lubercated and suspectical to injury we risk it.

a good point Dante Trudel made was if you do the "off-season" right by building thick dense muscle by lifting like a beast then come contest time you'll keep most of it and come in thick on stage.

fat loss from last years experience the focus must be on body fat loss primarily the last 12 weeks, or however long it'll take to reach contest ready body fat levels
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  3. AI Sports Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.57%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    I am taking a week break either lightweights or no weight then Ill start training hard in a week. My body is beat as Ive been beating it for the last six weeks

You are right Jason the physique is what matters and time away from competing is what a body builder can focus on for sheer strength.

It is a battle as last year I struggled with wanted to keep moving heavy weights with all out intensity> I learned this from Dorian Yates as I have been communicating with him and he answered me if there was one thing he would do different it would be to back off the intensity the last 6-8 weeks of competition because there is no point with the calories reduced your really not going to build any muscle at all--That was his answer so i know it may be hard to back off being an animal in the gym but *remember when body fat is low, glycogen is as well, the joints are not as lubercated and suspectical to injury we risk it.

a good point Dante Trudel made was if you do the "off-season" right by building thick dense muscle by lifting like a beast then come contest time you'll keep most of it and come in thick on stage.

fat loss from last years experience the focus must be on body fat loss primarily the last 12 weeks, or however long it'll take to reach contest ready body fat levels
    The vids have been awesome. Thank you.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.83%

Alright Saturday got intensity cardio in

Sunday
    biceps curls 115=8x's

Monday
    Incline dumb bell press(33 degrees)
    85lbs=12x's
    Larry scott style dumb bell press
    50lbs=12x's
    underhand grup oulldown(yates style)
    200lbs=8x's
    underhand barbell rows(yates way)
    225lbs=8x's plus when i could not get full range any more partials
    boxing light for a few minutes
    boxing hard as I could for a minute or so
    cardio high intensity 10 minutes

alright my joints have been bothering me a bit(not bad) I could still keep going and I am going to take this week with light weight workouts with not full intensity , maybe light cardio, nothing taxing and come back next week.

During these last 6 weeks I have lost off the waist , on the tape measure, did not get my 3 inch loss goal, still lost though.

Last six week recap

Diet has been 2,800-3,000 calories on average during this time as it was a fat loss diet.

Supplements
    Anabolic Innovations cycle support(all six weeks)
    Hdrol 75 mgs six weeks lost a tad of body fat (1-2% maybe 3 at the most)gained nice strength/muscle most of all health was perfect and I contribute it to cycle support.
    creatine added 3 weeks ago
    thyrotabs had 2/3 a box left these lasted a couple weeks
    of course Whey protein on average I use 8lbs a month
    Shaklee Vita-lea
    Beta alanine(started a week or so ago)
    Lean Xtreme started this after the thyrotabs a week or so ago
    Spring Valley Fish oil(ten per day during the six weeks, now it is down to six per day I take fish oil year round but I cycle it sometimes I go higher for weeks and sometimes lower)
    Acidophulis(proboitic) every day
    Nows Super digestive enzymes
    Mus-l-blast(maltodextin, bcaa, glutamine peptide post workout powder with vitamins in it-good stuff)
    Spring Valley Glucosamine chondroitin plus joint lubricants

Started stoked today
    and taking most of these supplements even though I am taking a week of light or no weights taking lean xtreme, creatine beta alanine pretty much all the above.

On a similar note I am just getting started using over the counter anabolics which are okay in the NGA currently, or at least hdrol is.I topped in at 250 lbs my heaviest ever w(while losing body fat) and 244 on an empty and shoes off in the morning.(250 was after two meals and shoes on)

If I did use any illegal steroids and decide to compete in another organization that does not test well that is my choice and as of right now I feel I can do little cycles like this and make big gains. I see guys on this board stacking stuff and high dosage and not getting no more than 200-225lbs and I looked as good as them with out using a hormone.

I truly believe that diet is key, it took me years upon years to get my diet down, and I still have more to learn. My good friends in the gym tell me I have the genetics as we share what we use , and they know the supplements I use, a current friend wants to put me on 350 mgs of testosterone a week and told me he suspect Id grow to 260 lbs easy he said off of low dose. I told him no or I could not compete in the NGA and I am hesitate of doing anything illegal, even if I think it can be used safely. It feels good to be respected for my hard work.

yes Hdrol is a hormone and I thought it wortked well for myself. Only thing it is legal and most others are not.

My point is I look at my friends diets and I see room for so much improvement
    (I see improvement for myself many many times that it is hard to stuff down food all the time 24/7 and see where I could do much better) In my opinion any one can get big though diet and many are not patient enough to get diet in order and train like a beast.Then again, hearing my two good friends(interpersonal friends) currently, tell me how genetically gifted it is good to hear.

After seeing how well I responded to a hdrol cycle It simply blew my mind. Me not using any hormones for all those years has payed off at as I keep telling every one I got up to 230 lbs , 18 inch arms 27 inch thoughts with out ever using a hormone.

I had blood work and blood pressure tests and everything came back perfect.The Cycle support really helped lessened side effects in my opinion from my knowledge of the ingredients I highly recommend it for any anabolics or even for good health. Look at the ingredients and study what they do or if you have any questions pm me and Ill help you.
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  197 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.07%

hopefully you recover from the injuries soon
  6. AI Sports Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.57%

Alright Saturday got intensity cardio in

Sunday
    biceps curls 115=8x's

Monday
    Incline dumb bell press(33 degrees)
    85lbs=12x's
    Larry scott style dumb bell press
    50lbs=12x's
    underhand grup oulldown(yates style)
    200lbs=8x's
    underhand barbell rows(yates way)
    225lbs=8x's plus when i could not get full range any more partials
    boxing light for a few minutes
    boxing hard as I could for a minute or so
    cardio high intensity 10 minutes

alright my joints have been bothering me a bit(not bad) I could still keep going and I am going to take this week with light weight workouts with not full intensity , maybe light cardio, nothing taxing and come back next week.

During these last 6 weeks I have lost off the waist , on the tape measure, did not get my 3 inch loss goal, still lost though.

Last six week recap

Diet has been 2,800-3,000 calories on average during this time as it was a fat loss diet.

Supplements
    Anabolic Innovations cycle support(all six weeks)
    Hdrol 75 mgs six weeks lost a tad of body fat (1-2% maybe 3 at the most)gained nice strength/muscle most of all health was perfect and I contribute it to cycle support.
    creatine added 3 weeks ago
    thyrotabs had 2/3 a box left these lasted a couple weeks
    of course Whey protein on average I use 8lbs a month
    Shaklee Vita-lea
    Beta alanine(started a week or so ago)
    Lean Xtreme started this after the thyrotabs a week or so ago
    Spring Valley Fish oil(ten per day during the six weeks, now it is down to six per day I take fish oil year round but I cycle it sometimes I go higher for weeks and sometimes lower)
    Acidophulis(proboitic) every day
    Nows Super digestive enzymes
    Mus-l-blast(maltodextin, bcaa, glutamine peptide post workout powder with vitamins in it-good stuff)
    Spring Valley Glucosamine chondroitin plus joint lubricants

Started stoked today
    and taking most of these supplements even though I am taking a week of light or no weights taking lean xtreme, creatine beta alanine pretty much all the above.

On a similar note I am just getting started using over the counter anabolics which are okay in the NGA currently, or at least hdrol is.I topped in at 250 lbs my heaviest ever w(while losing body fat) and 244 on an empty and shoes off in the morning.(250 was after two meals and shoes on)

If I did use any illegal steroids and decide to compete in another organization that does not test well that is my choice and as of right now I feel I can do little cycles like this and make big gains. I see guys on this board stacking stuff and high dosage and not getting no more than 200-225lbs and I looked as good as them with out using a hormone.

I truly believe that diet is key, it took me years upon years to get my diet down, and I still have more to learn. My good friends in the gym tell me I have the genetics as we share what we use , and they know the supplements I use, a current friend wants to put me on 350 mgs of testosterone a week and told me he suspect Id grow to 260 lbs easy he said off of low dose. I told him no or I could not compete in the NGA and I am hesitate of doing anything illegal, even if I think it can be used safely. It feels good to be respected for my hard work.

yes Hdrol is a hormone and I thought it wortked well for myself. Only thing it is legal and most others are not.

My point is I look at my friends diets and I see room for so much improvement
    (I see improvement for myself many many times that it is hard to stuff down food all the time 24/7 and see where I could do much better) In my opinion any one can get big though diet and many are not patient enough to get diet in order and train like a beast.Then again, hearing my two good friends(interpersonal friends) currently, tell me how genetically gifted it is good to hear.

After seeing how well I responded to a hdrol cycle It simply blew my mind. Me not using any hormones for all those years has payed off at as I keep telling every one I got up to 230 lbs , 18 inch arms 27 inch thoughts with out ever using a hormone.

I had blood work and blood pressure tests and everything came back perfect.The Cycle support really helped lessened side effects in my opinion from my knowledge of the ingredients I highly recommend it for any anabolics or even for good health. Look at the ingredients and study what they do or if you have any questions pm me and Ill help you.
    I loved h-drol when I ran it. I also have my bloodwork from the day after pct and it was pretty good.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.69%

Glad you enjoyed the h-drol! Hope everything heals up soon.
  8. AI Sports Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.57%

We all wish you a speedy recovery.
  9. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.83%

Thanks Don and Jason.

I think the week off healed some things up or at least reset things. I always do 5-6 weeks of intensity training then a week of light or no weights.

My insurance got me hooked up with an orthopedic and I am having 3-4 MRI scans done where I have been having minor challenges. For all I know all I needed was a week off.

I go by the advice Dorian Yates gave and that is if something is bothering you, get an mri and get it treated even if it means taking a whole month off because it is much more worth it to take a month off then keep having the existing inflamed tendon or whatever it is limit things.

I am doing friction massage on any thing that feels inflamed followed by icing.

Over this week I have been getting my cardio in.

The NGA Nashville Night of Champions 2010 has been changed to November.

I have been invited to do the North Carolina NGA show June 5th by Shawn a fellow NGA competitor and the NGA super pro qualifier Alabama show by Scott 'Old Navy" Hutts who has a log on here in this section.

as of right now I can not say if I'll be doing these shows. One thing is for sure The NGA Nashville.

I added in some Glycobol in today and stomach was feeling different. Off to the gym in a second.
  10. AI Sports Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.57%

Thanks Don and Jason.

I think the week off healed some things up or at least reset things. I always do 5-6 weeks of intensity training then a week of light or no weights.

My insurance got me hooked up with an orthopedic and I am having 3-4 MRI scans done where I have been having minor challenges. For all I know all I needed was a week off.

I go by the advice Dorian Yates gave and that is if something is bothering you, get an mri and get it treated even if it means taking a whole month off because it is much more worth it to take a month off then keep having the existing inflamed tendon or whatever it is limit things.

I am doing friction massage on any thing that feels inflamed followed by icing.

Over this week I have been getting my cardio in.

The NGA Nashville Night of Champions 2010 has been changed to November.

I have been invited to do the North Carolina NGA show June 5th by Shawn a fellow NGA competitor and the NGA super pro qualifier Alabama show by Scott 'Old Navy" Hutts who has a log on here in this section.

as of right now I can not say if I'll be doing these shows. One thing is for sure The NGA Nashville.

I added in some Glycobol in today and stomach was feeling different. Off to the gym in a second.
    Sounds good take it easy John.
  11. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.83%

March 15th 2010 Delts traps, triceps, abs (added calves because these are not my best body part)

All sets are one strait set (training is not balls out but it is intense just not past failure and not even to failure at times)

Standing Larry Scott DB press
    60lbs=8x's
    Seated side laterals 30 lbs=15x's

DB shrugs(standing) 100lbs=15x's

Tricep Pushdown ( upside down Y bar)
    120lbs=15x's
    Lying tricep extensions(Yates way)
    65lbs=6x's
    one arm reverse cable reverse
    30 lbs=10x's

Abs
    Ring of fire routine

Calves
    Donkey Calve raises(on smith)
    275=10x's
  12. AI Sports Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.57%

March 15th 2010 Delts traps, triceps, abs (added calves because these are not my best body part)

All sets are one strait set (training is not balls out but it is intense just not past failure and not even to failure at times)

Standing Larry Scott DB press
    60lbs=8x's
    Seated side laterals 30 lbs=15x's

DB shrugs(standing) 100lbs=15x's

Tricep Pushdown ( upside down Y bar)
    120lbs=15x's
    Lying tricep extensions(Yates way)
    65lbs=6x's
    one arm reverse cable reverse
    30 lbs=10x's

Abs
    Ring of fire routine

Calves
    Donkey Calve raises(on smith)
    275=10x's
    Very good looking workout John.
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.69%

Definitely a good workout....It doesn't always have to be about crazy weight to get the job done!
  14. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.83%

Definitely a good workout....It doesn't always have to be about crazy weight to get the job done!
    agreed form always come first. Weights always go down while calories are reduced. I am seriously considering excepting The NGA Alabama pro qualifier the owner invited me to do. It is July 10th.

Fat burning is still going from the previous weeks of reduced calorie intake(2,800 calories) and just keep on a reduced calorie diet starting in April(and on a semi-maintence diet right now[3,200])

For me its hard to put on weight I have to force feed once I do it goes on fast and has trouble in the int-ital stages of losing. Moreover, once my momentum geets going I my body does a good job of getting lean.

Ill probably keep posting videos on form when I get to it. Used to be about moving heavy weight from A to B(sacrificing form) until I got a major injury and had to take a full year off of all upper body.

March 16th 2010 Back, rear delts, lower back

Nautilus Pullover machine(Yates form, most all my stuff is Yates form)
    150lbs=8 x's
    Underhand Pull down
    200lbs=10x's
    Barbell rows
    225=10x's
    Cable row(close grip handle)
    150lbs=10x's

rear delts
    Seated bent over raises
    35lbs=10x's

Hyper extension=10x's

I am loving the Glycobol.

Made my poo poo a little different.

I seem to feel more stable as I just ate 80 carbs. I found out this a long time ago, as I have used insulin mimickers since 2003, that for myself I need to eat at least 50 carbs or more, preferably higher that works best for myself. Further, low carb and insulin mimickers are a no no, at least for myself.

* Note this is just what works for myself* some people can dose them 30-45 minutes before I can not as I get dainty and almost black out. I have to dose them right before I eat the meal.*
  15. AI Sports Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.57%

agreed form always come first. Weights always go down while calories are reduced. I am seriously considering excepting The NGA Alabama pro qualifier the owner invited me to do. It is July 10th.

Fat burning is still going from the previous weeks of reduced calorie intake(2,800 calories) and just keep on a reduced calorie diet starting in April(and on a semi-maintence diet right now[3,200])

For me its hard to put on weight I have to force feed once I do it goes on fast and has trouble in the int-ital stages of losing. Moreover, once my momentum geets going I my body does a good job of getting lean.

Ill probably keep posting videos on form when I get to it. Used to be about moving heavy weight from A to B(sacrificing form) until I got a major injury and had to take a full year off of all upper body.

March 16th 2010 Back, rear delts, lower back

Nautilus Pullover machine(Yates form, most all my stuff is Yates form)
    150lbs=8 x's
    Underhand Pull down
    200lbs=10x's
    Barbell rows
    225=10x's
    Cable row(close grip handle)
    150lbs=10x's

rear delts
    Seated bent over raises
    35lbs=10x's

Hyper extension=10x's

I am loving the Glycobol.

Made my poo poo a little different.

I seem to feel more stable as I just ate 80 carbs. I found out this a long time ago, as I have used insulin mimickers since 2003, that for myself I need to eat at least 50 carbs or more, preferably higher that works best for myself. Further, low carb and insulin mimickers are a no no, at least for myself.

* Note this is just what works for myself* some people can dose them 30-45 minutes before I can not as I get dainty and almost black out. I have to dose them right before I eat the meal.*
    That is the really strange thing about Glycobol is the many ways people dose it to have it effective for them. It can vary a lot. I have heard of the green stools and that usually goes away in a few days and is normal. I have also heard it can cause the stool to be softer.
  16. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.83%

Quote Originally Posted by pembroke3355 View Post
    That is the really strange thing about Glycobol is the many ways people dose it to have it effective for them. It can vary a lot. I have heard of the green stools and that usually goes away in a few days and is normal. I have also heard it can cause the stool to be softer.
    The softer stool is definitely a side effect for myself.

Today 25 minutes moderate-high cardio very heavy breathing
  17. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.83%

O note I forgot to put when i started back workout out this week

*When i start a new training phase usually I start with lower numbers then the blast training phase , start with higher reps and as I get more into the phase, weights go up reps go down, forced reps are added* Currently there is no forced reps

Currently I am thinking of just keeping my fat loss going by April reduce calories again and go until July 11th and do the Alabama show. (Then again I could change my mind and just do the Nga show in November)I can usually process a little in the beginning stages of dieting. Moreover, The last 6-8 weeks out from the competition I reduce intensity because an injury risk is one of the highest during this time.
  18. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.83%

March 18th 2010 Chest biceps forearms, Abs

Incline Barbell (33 degrees)
    205lbs= 8x's ( failed on 9)
    Decline barbell
    265=8x's
    Incline fly (33 degrees)
    60 lbs=8x's

Strait bar curls
    85lbs=10x's
    dumb bell preacher curls
    30lbs=10x's

one arm reverse cable curl
    30lbs=12x's

Larry Scott's ring of fire
  19. AI Sports Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.57%

March 18th 2010 Chest biceps forearms, Abs

Incline Barbell (33 degrees)
    205lbs= 8x's ( failed on 9)
    Decline barbell
    265=8x's
    Incline fly (33 degrees)
    60 lbs=8x's

Strait bar curls
    85lbs=10x's
    dumb bell preacher curls
    30lbs=10x's

one arm reverse cable curl
    30lbs=12x's

Larry Scott's ring of fire
    Nice looking workout!!!
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.69%

Definitely a great workout!
  21. AI Sports Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.57%

Definitely a great workout!
    Just a quick question. How many years of serious training has it taken you to get to this point?
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.69%

John or me.....
  23. AI Sports Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.57%

John or me.....
    Both of you would be cool.
  24. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.69%

I've been training for roughly eight years. Came from a high level sports background in volleyball and soccer.
  25. AI Sports Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.57%

I've been training for roughly eight years. Came from a high level sports background in volleyball and soccer.
    Very nice work my friend.
  26. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.83%

Myself training for eight years started when I was about 21 exactly. I played various sports growing up I played just about all sports from a kid until I was 20, some on teams some not.

The biggest sport next to bodybuilding that I gave the most dedication and was the most serious about was skateboarding which I did for a few years consistently and had a good many injuries dislocated kneecap,scars from falling all the time, a fractured/broken ankle I snapped. In any sports that is taking seriously there is some risk involved,some sports more so than others.

March 19th 2010 Quadriceps, Hamstrings.

I decided to separate calves to a separate day to give them full priority and will do this twice per week and also at times do the cardio calve routine.

Quads and Hams are a pretty strong point for myself so I can afford to not put as much intensity in them as I do say weak bodyparts

Leg extensions
    100lbs=15x's
    Leg press
    6 plates per side=10x's
    Stiff leg deadlift
    225=9x's
  27. AI Sports Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.57%

Myself training for eight years started when I was about 21 exactly. I played various sports growing up I played just about all sports from a kid until I was 20, some on teams some not.

The biggest sport next to bodybuilding that I gave the most dedication and was the most serious about was skateboarding which I did for a few years consistently and had a good many injuries dislocated kneecap,scars from falling all the time, a fractured/broken ankle I snapped. In any sports that is taking seriously there is some risk involved,some sports more so than others.

March 19th 2010 Quadriceps, Hamstrings.

I decided to separate calves to a separate day to give them full priority and will do this twice per week and also at times do the cardio calve routine.

Quads and Hams are a pretty strong point for myself so I can afford to not put as much intensity in them as I do say weak bodyparts

Leg extensions
    100lbs=15x's
    Leg press
    6 plates per side=10x's
    Stiff leg deadlift
    225=9x's
    You have done a great job in those 8 years!!!!
  28. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.83%

Train for 5-6 weeks all out to failure, rest pauses, forced reps very intense
    next 3-4 weeks give your body a chance to heal up otherwise you risk getting sick, immune system, having permanent injuries.

YOU SIMPLY CAN NOT TRAIN BALLS OUT ALL YEAR ROUND AND THAT IS A FACT! I learned this the hard way in 2007-2008 when I would not let up and I tore my immune system so in the ground I was sick for a month and gave myself a year long injury because my body was telling me to take time off and I kept blasting balls to the wall. BIG MISTAKE..maybe this can help some of you getting into intensity training

Be smart with cycling your intensity! (thats is why I do 5-6 weeks all out and 3-4 weeks less intense) and every couple months it may be a good idea to take a week off from everything

what stage am I currently in? the 3-4 weeks less intense.

Saturday
    Calves

Sunday rest

Monday March 22nd 2010 Biceps Forearms, Back

Seated Preacher curl
    30lbs 8-9 reps

One arm reverse cable curl
    35lbs=10x's

Nautilus Pullover
    150lbs= on video
    Underhand pulldown
    200lbs- on video

Underhand barbell rows(to belly button)
    225lbs=on video(form could have been better I am experimenting for my next blast,high intensity training, which starts In April, with closer grip rows and certain muscles were not used to it so just experimenting with things. (closer grip supposed to hit lower lats more according to the Arnold Encyclopedia which I have had forever and still look information in it for a reference from time to time)

cable rows(close grip handle to belly button)
    150lbs=10x;s

hypertension 12x's

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjhapbesAH4"]YouTube- March 22nd 2010 On form.wmv[/ame]

the only criticism I can see is the under grip barbell rows jerking the weight too much while not staying solid like in stance and maybe pull towards my waist and not the belly button.

Also did not do 3/4th and partials when the full range of motion fatigued which is valuable on this exercise but again, I am training with a lot less intensity currently on purpose.

Time will tell
  29. AI Sports Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.57%

Outstanding info and the vid is great, Your logs help a lot of people.
  30. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.74%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Very cool video!

Thank you for posting that. Impressive!
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade
  31. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.5%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

That's one thing I like about HST the progression is right in the workout scheme so I can go hard right through. I hate going to the gym and easing off, takes all the fun out of it, although I agree it's necessary at times.

I also plan time off usually every 8 weeks I take a week off and just do cardio. When I start back up it's a bit less intensive then I up the intensity by the second week.
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  32. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.79%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

John, how is it I am just finding this log. Good video, should help some people out. I wish i could take a video camera into our gym. Oh well just need to clean up the garage and do it in there.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Olympus Labs Rep - check us out at Olympus-Labs.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html
  33. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.83%

Tuesday March 23nd
    Did a cycling class (also think they are called spinner classes) for forty five minutes,pushed it hard exhausted me so much. went to sleep early because I simply was so worn out.

Wednesday March 24th 2010 Chest Shoulders Triceps

doing only one set on each exercise. still in a light training phase a few body parts I feel need to be bought up I put some intensity into them like the Incline Barbell

Thuresday March 25th 2010
    Donkey calves raises(smith machine setup)
    285=8x's
    seated calve raises
    45+25=8x's
    Cardio calves 20 minutes
    cycling class(did not push it this time) 25 minutes

Friday March 26th 2010 Quads and Hams

Hack squat (just starting these getting ready to use them coming up)
    185=12, 225=12 very easy stop it short probably could have done 20 or more at 225

Incline glute ham raise
    35lbs=10x's
    35lbs=10x's

I'll be starting my contest preparation next week for the July 10th Nga Alabama show. If I decide mid though that I am canceling it out and decide to do the NGA Nashville show in November Ill post it in this log.

Next week I'll still be training lighter than the week after that intensity goes up.
  34. AI Sports Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.57%

Tuesday March 23nd
    Did a cycling class (also think they are called spinner classes) for forty five minutes,pushed it hard exhausted me so much. went to sleep early because I simply was so worn out.

Wednesday March 24th 2010 Chest Shoulders Triceps

doing only one set on each exercise. still in a light training phase a few body parts I feel need to be bought up I put some intensity into them like the Incline Barbell

Thuresday March 25th 2010
    Donkey calves raises(smith machine setup)
    285=8x's
    seated calve raises
    45+25=8x's
    Cardio calves 20 minutes
    cycling class(did not push it this time) 25 minutes

Friday March 26th 2010 Quads and Hams

Hack squat (just starting these getting ready to use them coming up)
    185=12, 225=12 very easy stop it short probably could have done 20 or more at 225

Incline glute ham raise
    35lbs=10x's
    35lbs=10x's

I'll be starting my contest preparation next week for the July 10th Nga Alabama show. If I decide mid though that I am canceling it out and decide to do the NGA Nashville show in November Ill post it in this log.

Next week I'll still be training lighter than the week after that intensity goes up.
    I have seen those spinning class sessions. Wild stuff I could not do it if I were on TestoPRO or Perform. Some of the ladies that do that class on a regular basis are to hot to concentrate on spinning LOL.
  35. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.04%

Quote Originally Posted by pembroke3355 View Post
    Some of the ladies that do that class on a regular basis are to hot to concentrate on spinning LOL.
    Haha kind of makes me miss my gym membership, all the eye candy and such. Smeton Yea- Nice log!
  36. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.83%

Saturday March 27th 2010

Sunday off

Monday March 29th 2010 (starting Dc three way split again)Cardio,Chest Shoulders triceps

cardio upon awaking (popped a motivate sample nice clean energy) This also helped me concentrate today while studying so it is a good mind booster as well as physical.so can be good for work, studying, or a physical boost

Later that evening Chest shoulders Triceps

Decline Barbell
    275=11x'x(three rest pauses)
    wm(windowmaker) Low incline smith 150lbs=13x's

Dumbbell press 60lbs= 17 x's (three rest pauses)
    Nautilus side lateral machine (facing forward- a technique I learned from DC inventor)
    70lbs=27x's

Nautilus dip machine
    280lbs=16x's
    one arm reverse 40lbs=12x's

Weighed in today at 242 shoes off (after two whole meals, and shakes) I'll do the math tonight on calories and go from there. I am guessing Ill start out at 3,000 calories and go down from there if needed.

Supplements
    now Super Enzymes
    Spring Valley's optimum joint health
    Spring Valley Fish oil(6 per day currently)
    acidophilus 1-2 per day
    Shaklee vita-lea
    Anabolic Innovations Glycobol
    Anabolic Innovations Stoked
    Nutra's Creatine Mono
    Nutra's beta alanine
    extra glucosamine and chondrition(dont know brand)
    Nutra's Luecine powder
    Pure whey protein
    Mus-l-blast(protein powder bodybuilding formula, glutamine peptides,bcaa's)

will add in Anabolic Innovations testopro in a week. (swole stack starting next week)

also will add low dose atd 12.5 or 25 mgs and run that for two weeks.I like to stay away from ai's much because they can increase hdl or something like that id have to look it up.

A lot of people say running an ai with testopro has synergistic effects and boost testosterone very nicely.
  37. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.74%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Very detailed plan. Impressive the thought and planning you have put in.

Keep at it John, you make all of us proud.
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade
  38. AI Sports Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.57%

Quote Originally Posted by CROWLER View Post

Have you seen the the vids he provides awesome stuff.
  39. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.69%

Can't wait to see what the Swole Stack does for you big guy! It did wonders for me so i can't wait to see your results.
  40. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.83%

Quote Originally Posted by CROWLER View Post

Mike yourself, Don and the whole Anabolic Innovations team have given us sponsored athletes a chance and speaking for myself I can only hope I can do my best for Anabolic Innovations. Your support means a lot.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Anarchy training? John Davies
    By votum in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-09-2010, 12:50 PM
  2. ATD, Dr. John?
    By ItsHectic in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-18-2007, 10:56 AM
  3. John Cena: When He Was Training To Be A BBer
    By P4D2A022 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 31