John's training log

Page 2 of 9 First 1234 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    In June there has not been a date posted.

http://www.oxbodypromotions.com/events.html

I would like to do one in Atlanta on June 5th and the super pro qualifier in Alabama since they are not that far away and these are not for certain and am not making promises I can not keep, while there is a possibly I could do these. Moreover, the only one for sure is the 2010 Nashville night of champions.

Today 45 minutes moderate-high intensity cardio
    I wish you the best in the contest I am sure you will do very well.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition

2. Today: Chest Shoulders Triceps

Nautilus Slight Incline Pec Dec(these carve the inner chest like nothing I have ever done)
    l.t. 100lbs=26 x's
    t.t. 120lbs=19x's
    Wide grip barbell neck press 110 lbs= 8 x's I am cutting these out feels too dangerous. will replace them with something else

Seated Smith
    l.t. 135lbs=22x's
    t.t. 140 lbs= 19 x's
    standing side laterals 30lbs=17x's

Nautilus Triceps extension machine
    100 lbs=25x's
    Standing overhead tricep extensions(rope) 80 lbs=12x's

Just want to add

there really does not appear a big difference in the ranges of 12-16 % body fat for most guys. thats why a guy can put on fat in this area and fill out his shirt bigger and think it is muscle

On the other hand a guy can lose a good 10 lbs going from 16-13 % and not have it look like much. Their shirt size becomes a bit smaller(due to body fat and think they think are losing muscle) after getting under 11-12% is when it really shows. A lot of guys do not know this about the 12-16 % body fat range.

so keep up the work in this 13-16 body fat range a person may not notice much but it pays off and after they get past that 11-13% and lower the hard work really starts to show.
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    Today: Chest Shoulders Triceps

Nautilus Slight Incline Pec Dec(these carve the inner chest like nothing I have ever done)
    l.t. 100lbs=26 x's
    t.t. 120lbs=19x's
    Wide grip barbell neck press 110 lbs= 8 x's I am cutting these out feels too dangerous. will replace them with something else

Seated Smith
    l.t. 135lbs=22x's
    t.t. 140 lbs= 19 x's
    standing side laterals 30lbs=17x's

Nautilus Triceps extension machine
    100 lbs=25x's
    Standing overhead tricep extensions(rope) 80 lbs=12x's
    Looks good.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.

4. Today 30 minutes cardio.

Some times I'll up cardio and some times when I am working a bit more , tied from work and need my sleep I use diet to lose body fat. I do have a plan for reducing body fat,however I do listen to my body, and I do not have to follow that plan to a t.

My plan is one more week of this fat loss/higher rep range phase followed by a complete mental break off weights and most supplements. than a week of light weight training, abdominals and cardio. Followed by a complete all out intensity phase using lower rep range for 5-6 weeks.
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness

5. Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    In June there has not been a date posted.

http://www.oxbodypromotions.com/events.html

I would like to do one in Atlanta on June 5th and the super pro qualifier in Alabama since they are not that far away and these are not for certain and am not making promises I can not keep, while there is a possibly I could do these. Moreover, the only one for sure is the 2010 Nashville night of champions.

Today 45 minutes moderate-high intensity cardio
    Very nice!

Keep us all updated on when they set the date.
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade

6. Nice workout big man!!! I know what you mean about the neck presses they definitely scared the crap out of me as well.
    Come join me on my Olympus goodie run (Ostarine / Ep1c / Str3ngth / Sup3r PCT)

7. Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    Today 30 minutes cardio.

Some times I'll up cardio and some times when I am working a bit more , tied from work and need my sleep I use diet to lose body fat. I do have a plan for reducing body fat,however I do listen to my body, and I do not have to follow that plan to a t.

My plan is one more week of this fat loss/higher rep range phase followed by a complete mental break off weights and most supplements. than a week of light weight training, abdominals and cardio. Followed by a complete all out intensity phase using lower rep range for 5-6 weeks.
    Very nice plan bro.

8. Quote Originally Posted by pembroke3355 View Post
    Very nice plan bro.
    I had to abandon the plan. So it is good to have a solid plan and stick with it but I am not rigid enough to know when my body tells me to do some thing else.

I am taking the next one or two weeks off focused goal training with body building focusing on another area of life: business.

I'll be doing cardio most likely once a day for 30-45 minutes as I have to get at least some form of exercise and the deep breathing, meditation on the hold on machines beat sitting still.

I am giving myself a mental break. When I come back Ill be hitting it hard and heavy until I think my joints need a break and Ill go higher rep range(10-12)

The best rep range for building muscle in the upper body in my opinion is the 6-8 but I can not do this all the time or my joints will slowly break down. This is why from the start of this log i have been going higher rep because I was giving my joints a break from before that training phase where I failed at 6-8 reps on upper body.

lower body in my opinion higher reps work best 10-12 rep failure sometimes 15. I might go as low on something like front squats as low as 8(because of the choking)but usually not much lower.

nutrition during this time will be on track. most likely eating five times a day instead of six.

Until I am ready to train like a maniac take care

9. Good Luck Man! Life has more priorities than just the weights. When you come back rested and refreshed i'm sure you'll be beating your numbers easily!!
    Come join me on my Olympus goodie run (Ostarine / Ep1c / Str3ngth / Sup3r PCT)

10. Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    I had to abandon the plan. So it is good to have a solid plan and stick with it but I am not rigid enough to know when my body tells me to do some thing else.

I am taking the next one or two weeks off focused goal training with body building focusing on another area of life: business.

I'll be doing cardio most likely once a day for 30-45 minutes as I have to get at least some form of exercise and the deep breathing, meditation on the hold on machines beat sitting still.

I am giving myself a mental break. When I come back Ill be hitting it hard and heavy until I think my joints need a break and Ill go higher rep range(10-12)

The best rep range for building muscle in the upper body in my opinion is the 6-8 but I can not do this all the time or my joints will slowly break down. This is why from the start of this log i have been going higher rep because I was giving my joints a break from before that training phase where I failed at 6-8 reps on upper body.

lower body in my opinion higher reps work best 10-12 rep failure sometimes 15. I might go as low on something like front squats as low as 8(because of the choking)but usually not much lower.

nutrition during this time will be on track. most likely eating five times a day instead of six.

Until I am ready to train like a maniac take care
    Take care bro.
    •   

11. Back after a two week break . during the break did cardio first week and cardio and light weights second week

Next 40 day's goal: Drop 3 inches off waist

current weight 237 (that is on a monday first thing in morning on an empty stomach, shoes off)

current diet I am calorie cycling some days Ill have 2,200 at the lowest and some days 3,400 at the highest. average weekly is 2,800 calories per day. I also use a juicer to get in a lot of veggies- I recommend any one get this it makes getting in vegetable so much easier and you can formulate your own by being creative(example for extra joint support carrots and spinach or carrots and celery)

Sleep: I expect to get 8-9 hours of deep sleep per night and power naps as needed.

Current Supplements: Cycle support,Vita-lea,Joint advantage, Somnidren-gh,Mus-l-blast( bcaa-glutamine peptide post training powder), pure protein, super digestive enzymes, probiotic. will add in creatine two weeks

I feel very fortunate for Anabolic Innovations sponsoring me. I buy and continuously take nac, r-ala(and theres is the best form na-rala with an added salt for it to work better )Anabolic Innovation products are helping me achieve things faster that is for sure and I feel obligated to do my best for them.

If any one wants specific information on the ingredients of anabolic innovation products feel free to email me. i have been doing this a while and have used these products and have a good knowledge base about them.

The next 5-6 weeks , if no injuries or major problems with joints, tendons ligaments, will be intense and heavy for me.

Today cardio am separate by 6-7 hours weights pm...biceps, forearms, back width back thickness

cardio was 30 minutes moderate intensity. had to get some business done at the local college today so cut it 5-15 minutes short. took a nap after the class and then trained

standing dumbell curl 40 lbs= 17 x's
    strait bar preacher curl bar=20 x's
    21's(cable) 50 lbs

Deadarm hammer curls 30 lbs=10 x's

Close-mid underhand grip pulldowns 170 lbs= 17 x's
    (yates style)
    nautilus pullover 100 lbs= 15 x's

deadlift 350=5x's, 315= 7x's
    cable rows 110 lbs=15 x's

I loosened the belt a bit and it was like I was not doing them with a belt. a belt helps me move more weight. Moreover, after watching this I might incorporate not using a belt and I might not. using a belt for sure helps me move heavy weights.

use firefox, google grome always crashes on muscular development videos. its about the middle Derek Poundstone talks about how a belt can cause a bigger waist and he may have alluded to wider hips although am not sure if this is true. It is good to stay open minded and consider the words if they can be proven or they work for one.IF I find out not wearing a belt (counter intuitive) can minimize stomach verses wearing one Ill do what ever works.

http://mdtv.musculardevelopment.com/...-haven-ct.html

again I have hit much better numbers in the past and I drop my ego and pay attention to form. (like a four or so count negative, its long)

I contribute the just moving without controlling the negative extremely heavy weights to my old elbow injury.

12. Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    Back after a two week break . during the break did cardio first week and cardio and light weights second week

Next 40 day's goal: Drop 3 inches off waist

current weight 237 (that is on a monday first thing in morning on an empty stomach, shoes off)

current diet I am calorie cycling some days Ill have 2,200 at the lowest and some days 3,400 at the highest. average weekly is 2,800 calories per day. I also use a juicer to get in a lot of veggies- I recommend any one get this it makes getting in vegetable so much easier and you can formulate your own by being creative(example for extra joint support carrots and spinach or carrots and celery)

Sleep: I expect to get 8-9 hours of deep sleep per night and power naps as needed.

Current Supplements: Cycle support,Vita-lea,Joint advantage, Somnidren-gh,Mus-l-blast( bcaa-glutamine peptide post training powder), pure protein. will add in creatine in a week or two

I feel very fortunate for Anabolic Innovations sponsoring me. I buy and continuously take nac, r-ala(and theres is the best form na-rala with an added salt for it to work better )Anabolic Innovation products are helping me achieve things faster that is for sure and I feel obligated to do my best for them.

If any one wants specific information on the ingredients of anabolic innovation products feel free to email me. i have been doing this a while and have used these products and have a good knowledge base about them.

The next 5-6 weeks , if no injuries or major problems with joints, tendons ligaments, will be intense and heavy for me.

Today cardio am separate by 6-7 hours weights pm...biceps, forearms, back width back thickness

cardio was 30 minutes moderate intensity. had to get some business done at the local college today so cut it 5-15 minutes short. took a nap after the class and then trained

standing dumbell curl 40 lbs= 17 x's
    strait bar preacher curl bar=20 x's
    21's(cable) 50 lbs

Deadarm hammer curls 30 lbs=10 x's

Close-mid underhand grip pulldowns 170 lbs= 17 x's
    (yates style)
    nautilus pullover 100 lbs= 15 x's

deadlift 350=5x's, 315= 7x's
    cable rows 110 lbs=15 x's

I loosened the belt a bit and it was like I was not doing them with a belt. a belt helps me move more weight. Moreover, after watching this I might incorporate not using a belt and I might not. using a belt for sure helps me move heavy weights.

use firefox, google grome always crashes on muscular development videos. its about the middle Derek Poundstone talks about how a belt can cause a bigger waist and he may have alluded to wider hips although am not sure if this is true. It is good to stay open minded and consider the words if they can be proven or they work for one.IF I find out not wearing a belt (counter intuitive) can minimize stomach verses wearing one Ill do what ever works.

http://mdtv.musculardevelopment.com/...-haven-ct.html

again I have hit much better numbers in the past and I drop my ego and pay attention to form. (like a four or so count negative, its long)

I contribute the just moving without controlling the negative extremely heavy weights to my old elbow injury.
    Awesome work bro!!!

13. Quote Originally Posted by pembroke3355 View Post
    Awesome work bro!!!
    Thanks Don. do you have a log going?

any input is appreciated on stuff you know that I do not.

January 26th 2010

seated Calve riases
    45+25+5=11x's
    one at a time seated calve raises
    25lb= 10 x's

lying leg curl+3 (+3 is a special technique the inventor of Dc brought to my attention)
    110lbs= 24 x's

Leg Press
    5 plates and 25(on each side)= 12 x's
    6 plates and 25 almost passed out , blood rush made me lose count maybe 5-8?
    adduction 50 lbs= 20x's
    abduction 50 lbs= 20 x's

ham and quad stretch each 45 seconds

14. I am tagging a long now John, keep hitting it hard!

15. Cardio first thing on empty stomach 50 minutes lower intensity(stationary bike 15 ,
    elliptical 35)

also did a bit of walking around my old college campus doing some business. I do not count this though

5 hours later
    30 minutes cardio lower intensity all in all burnt around (elliptical)

all together today burnt 700 calories according to the machine with my weight and age.

about an hour later Ring of fire ab routine talk about flexing the abs and feeling good.

16. Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    Cardio first thing on empty stomach 50 minutes lower intensity(stationary bike 15 ,
    elliptical 35)

also did a bit of walking around my old college campus doing some business. I do not count this though

5 hours later
    30 minutes cardio lower intensity all in all burnt around (elliptical)

all together today burnt 700 calories according to the machine with my weight and age.

about an hour later Ring of fire ab routine talk about flexing the abs and feeling good.
    700 cals is pretty impressive.

17. 45 minutes cardio on empty stomach(elliptical)

6 hours later Chest shoulders triceps traps

Incline Barbell
    195 lbs=10 x's rest pause
    incline smith widegrip
    135=17x's

arnold press
    60 lbs=16x's rest pause
    standing side laterals
    30 lbs=15x's

close grip bench press
    205=13x's rest pause
    overhead triceps cable extensions
    80lbs=15x's
    cable ez bar widgrp pushdown
    80lbs=15x's

dumbbell shrug 90 lbs=15x's

18. Keep at it!

Very nice job you are putting in the work.
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade

19. We had a snow storm here in west Tennessee. Gym was closed Friday paid $5 to go to a 24 hour gym(used to go there a couple years ago so I know how to get in)

Biceps Forearms Back wdith and Thickness

Standing Ez bar gironda curls
    65lbs= a lot (I did not record every thing since I use my other gym as a point of reference to beat, different equipment here)
    strait bar preacher curls Bar= 15 x's

One arm cable reverse curls 30 lbs= 15 x's

close grip pulldown
    170lbs=15x's
    Nautilus or hammer strength pulldown machine

Underhand Barbell rows
    190lbs=10 x's
    225lbs=8 x's
    Iso row machine ~ didnt record

lying down rear delt machine = pulled my shoulder it has been hurting since

Saturday not much walked in the snow a bit

sunday not much went sledding

Monday Calves, hamstrings, Quadriceps

leg press calves(3 rest pauses)(special technique for Dcers that have been training more than one year)
    3 plates and 10 on each side=17x's
    one leg seated calve raises 30 lbs=10x's

One leg curls+3 (3 rest pauses)
    50 lbs=27x's

Smith Squats(no belt) down to the ground
    250 lbs=10 x's
    230 lbs= 10 x's

20. Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    We had a snow storm here in west Tennessee. Gym was closed Friday paid $5 to go to a 24 hour gym(used to go there a couple years ago so I know how to get in)

Biceps Forearms Back wdith and Thickness

Standing Ez bar gironda curls
    65lbs= a lot (I did not record every thing since I use my other gym as a point of reference to beat, different equipment here)
    strait bar preacher curls Bar= 15 x's

One arm cable reverse curls 30 lbs= 15 x's

close grip pulldown
    170lbs=15x's
    Nautilus or hammer strength pulldown machine

Underhand Barbell rows
    190lbs=10 x's
    225lbs=8 x's
    Iso row machine ~ didnt record

lying down rear delt machine = pulled my shoulder it has been hurting since

Saturday not much walked in the snow a bit

sunday not much went sledding

Monday Calves, hamstrings, Quadriceps

leg press calves(3 rest pauses)(special technique for Dcers that have been training more than one year)
    3 plates and 10 on each side=17x's
    one leg seated calve raises 30 lbs=10x's

One leg curls+3 (3 rest pauses)
    50 lbs=27x's

Smith Squats(no belt) down to the ground
    250 lbs=10 x's
    230 lbs= 10 x's
    Sorry to hear about the shoulder.

21. On a negative note shouldder is pulled will not do any thing that aggravates it.had to abandon my normal routine (today would have been decline press)

Low Incline flys 60 lbs= 8 x's
    incline smith super wide grip 145lbs=15 lbs

Larry scott dumbell press 50=12 x's, 50 =10 x's surprising I can do these and can no5t fo decline press it is mostly any kind of chest press I can not do or side laterals

nautilus Tricep extension 100 lbs= 10 x's 130 lbs= 7 x's
    behind the head cable rope extensions 85=10 x's
    ez widegrip cable pushdowns 80 lbs= 16 x's

db shrug 90 lbs= 12 x's 100lbs= 12 x's

On a positive note I lost some off my waist on the tape measure. The goal is losing this body fat.

nutrition is still calorie cycling for fat loss averaging 2,800 per day

22. Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    On a negative note shouldder is pulled will not do any thing that aggravates it.had to abandon my normal routine (today would have been decline press)

Low Incline flys 60 lbs= 8 x's
    incline smith super wide grip 145lbs=15 lbs

Larry scott dumbell press 50=12 x's, 50 =10 x's surprising I can do these and can no5t fo decline press it is mostly any kind of chest press I can not do or side laterals

nautilus Tricep extension 100 lbs= 10 x's 130 lbs= 7 x's
    behind the head cable rope extensions 85=10 x's
    ez widegrip cable pushdowns 80 lbs= 16 x's

db shrug 90 lbs= 12 x's 100lbs= 12 x's

On a positive note I lost some off my waist on the tape measure. The goal is losing this body fat.
    nutrition is still calorie cycling for fat loss averaging 2,800 per day
    Great news.

23. Quote Originally Posted by pembroke3355 View Post
    Great news.
    I like the positive attitude Don.

today 45 minutes cardio on empty stomach

six hours later 30 minutes cardio, ring of fire ab routine(Larry Scott routine)

24. Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    I like the positive attitude Don.

today 45 minutes cardio on empty stomach

six hours later 30 minutes cardio, ring of fire ab routine(Larry Scott routine)
    I do not know anything this routine. Could you give me some more info on it.

25. Quote Originally Posted by pembroke3355 View Post
    I do not know anything this routine. Could you give me some more info on it.
    http://www.larryscott.info/ringoffire.html
    Larry Scott promotes it as the best thing for the ab and what helped him achieve his small waist

today 30 minutes cardio

four hours later biceps, forearms, back width, back thickness

preacher dumb bell curls
    35 lbs=14x's rest pauses
    preacher strait bar curls
    40 lbs= forgot to count (15 to 20 maybe)
    21 cables(wide grip) 60 lbs

one arm reverse cable curl
    30 lbs=forgot to count 20 maybe

Nautilus Pullover 170 lbs=16 x's
    110lbs=~

T bar rows 4 plates=8, 4 plates=12
    cable rows(close grip bar) 115lbs=15x's

cardio 30 minutes
    abs (did my training partners ab routine today it works very well)

26. Friday

the equipment to do Donkey Calve raises was down so I had to substitute nautilus leg press calve raises instead did three rest pauses sets at 310 lbs= 12 reps

incline Glute ham raises
    bodyweight=12x's
    35 lbs9 x's

smith front squats
    195lbs=7 x's
    145=12x's

abductor 50lbs=20x's
    adductor 50 lbs=20x's

Saturday
    60 minutes cardio on empty stomach

27. Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    http://www.larryscott.info/ringoffire.html
    Larry Scott promotes it as the best thing for the ab and what helped him achieve his small waist

today 30 minutes cardio

four hours later biceps, forearms, back width, back thickness

preacher dumb bell curls
    35 lbs=14x's rest pauses
    preacher strait bar curls
    40 lbs= forgot to count (15 to 20 maybe)
    21 cables(wide grip) 60 lbs

one arm reverse cable curl
    30 lbs=forgot to count 20 maybe

Nautilus Pullover 170 lbs=16 x's
    110lbs=~

T bar rows 4 plates=8, 4 plates=12
    cable rows(close grip bar) 115lbs=15x's

cardio 30 minutes
    abs (did my training partners ab routine today it works very well)
    Thank you for the link bro.

28. Sunday
    45 minutes cardio empty stomach(lower to moderate, a bit of both)

Monday (shoulder still messed up on anti-inflammatories)
    Lower incline dumbbell press
    85 lbs=8x's, 4 x's
    pec dec 120 lbs= 12x's

Seated Smith(to chin)
    145=20 x's (3 rest pauses)

nautilus tricep extension
    110= 22x's(3 rest pauses)
    over the head rope tricep extensions
    85lbs= 15x's
    Wide grip-ez-bar- cable push downs
    85lbs=17x's

standing db shrugs 100 lbs= 12 x's

10 minutes of super high intensity cardio after training

Tueday(today)
    Standing Dumb bell curl
    50 lbs=13 x's(3 rest pauses)
    strait bar preacher curl 45 lbs=15x's
    21 cables(widegrip) 70 lbs

reverse cable curls 70 lbs= 15 x's (may have to cut these aggravated shoulder)

close-middle grip underhand pulldown
    (yates style)
    180 lbs=15x's(3 rest pauses)
    nautilus pullover
    120lbs= 12x's

Deadlift
    350lbs= 8 x's(great form) PR (Ive done 365 a couple months ago 8 x's on rack deads below the knee. This is a PR on full deads.
    335lbs=8 x's
    cable rows 120 lbs=10x's

29. Damn bro. I hope that shoulder gets well soon.

30. Quote Originally Posted by pembroke3355 View Post
    Damn bro. I hope that shoulder gets well soon.
    Doctor does not think it is anything major. He thinks it will be gone in no time.

anytime an injury keeps nagging I do lighter stuff or if I have to I take a full month off. do some kind of rehab during that month. it is worth it if the injury can put you back years verses taking a month off and getting the best treatment you can do in your power to do.

Today 60 minutes cardio on empty stomach

(I have raised the intensity doing interval cardio..... moderate followed by moderate high back and forth pretty much the whole time) i love the heavy breathing

700 calories burnt

*while I did my PR yesterday on the dead lifts I took a motive before. today before cardio I took a motivate. Good stuff I had no real sleeping situations like some stimulants

Similar Forum Threads

1. Anarchy training? John Davies
    By votum in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-09-2010, 01:50 PM
  2. ATD, Dr. John?
    By ItsHectic in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-18-2007, 11:56 AM
  3. John Cena: When He Was Training To Be A BBer
    By P4D2A022 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 31