John's training log

Page 2 of 7 First 1234 ... Last
  1. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.94%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Back after a two week break . during the break did cardio first week and cardio and light weights second week

Next 40 day's goal: Drop 3 inches off waist

current weight 237 (that is on a monday first thing in morning on an empty stomach, shoes off)

current diet I am calorie cycling some days Ill have 2,200 at the lowest and some days 3,400 at the highest. average weekly is 2,800 calories per day. I also use a juicer to get in a lot of veggies- I recommend any one get this it makes getting in vegetable so much easier and you can formulate your own by being creative(example for extra joint support carrots and spinach or carrots and celery)

Sleep: I expect to get 8-9 hours of deep sleep per night and power naps as needed.

Current Supplements: Cycle support,Vita-lea,Joint advantage, Somnidren-gh,Mus-l-blast( bcaa-glutamine peptide post training powder), pure protein, super digestive enzymes, probiotic. will add in creatine two weeks

I feel very fortunate for Anabolic Innovations sponsoring me. I buy and continuously take nac, r-ala(and theres is the best form na-rala with an added salt for it to work better )Anabolic Innovation products are helping me achieve things faster that is for sure and I feel obligated to do my best for them.

If any one wants specific information on the ingredients of anabolic innovation products feel free to email me. i have been doing this a while and have used these products and have a good knowledge base about them.

The next 5-6 weeks , if no injuries or major problems with joints, tendons ligaments, will be intense and heavy for me.

Today cardio am separate by 6-7 hours weights pm...biceps, forearms, back width back thickness

cardio was 30 minutes moderate intensity. had to get some business done at the local college today so cut it 5-15 minutes short. took a nap after the class and then trained

standing dumbell curl 40 lbs= 17 x's
    strait bar preacher curl bar=20 x's
    21's(cable) 50 lbs

Deadarm hammer curls 30 lbs=10 x's

Close-mid underhand grip pulldowns 170 lbs= 17 x's
    (yates style)
    nautilus pullover 100 lbs= 15 x's

deadlift 350=5x's, 315= 7x's
    cable rows 110 lbs=15 x's

I loosened the belt a bit and it was like I was not doing them with a belt. a belt helps me move more weight. Moreover, after watching this I might incorporate not using a belt and I might not. using a belt for sure helps me move heavy weights.

use firefox, google grome always crashes on muscular development videos. its about the middle Derek Poundstone talks about how a belt can cause a bigger waist and he may have alluded to wider hips although am not sure if this is true. It is good to stay open minded and consider the words if they can be proven or they work for one.IF I find out not wearing a belt (counter intuitive) can minimize stomach verses wearing one Ill do what ever works.

http://mdtv.musculardevelopment.com/...-haven-ct.html

again I have hit much better numbers in the past and I drop my ego and pay attention to form. (like a four or so count negative, its long)

I contribute the just moving without controlling the negative extremely heavy weights to my old elbow injury.
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness

2. AI Sports Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.66%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    Back after a two week break . during the break did cardio first week and cardio and light weights second week

Next 40 day's goal: Drop 3 inches off waist

current weight 237 (that is on a monday first thing in morning on an empty stomach, shoes off)

current diet I am calorie cycling some days Ill have 2,200 at the lowest and some days 3,400 at the highest. average weekly is 2,800 calories per day. I also use a juicer to get in a lot of veggies- I recommend any one get this it makes getting in vegetable so much easier and you can formulate your own by being creative(example for extra joint support carrots and spinach or carrots and celery)

Sleep: I expect to get 8-9 hours of deep sleep per night and power naps as needed.

Current Supplements: Cycle support,Vita-lea,Joint advantage, Somnidren-gh,Mus-l-blast( bcaa-glutamine peptide post training powder), pure protein. will add in creatine in a week or two

I feel very fortunate for Anabolic Innovations sponsoring me. I buy and continuously take nac, r-ala(and theres is the best form na-rala with an added salt for it to work better )Anabolic Innovation products are helping me achieve things faster that is for sure and I feel obligated to do my best for them.

If any one wants specific information on the ingredients of anabolic innovation products feel free to email me. i have been doing this a while and have used these products and have a good knowledge base about them.

The next 5-6 weeks , if no injuries or major problems with joints, tendons ligaments, will be intense and heavy for me.

Today cardio am separate by 6-7 hours weights pm...biceps, forearms, back width back thickness

cardio was 30 minutes moderate intensity. had to get some business done at the local college today so cut it 5-15 minutes short. took a nap after the class and then trained

standing dumbell curl 40 lbs= 17 x's
    strait bar preacher curl bar=20 x's
    21's(cable) 50 lbs

Deadarm hammer curls 30 lbs=10 x's

Close-mid underhand grip pulldowns 170 lbs= 17 x's
    (yates style)
    nautilus pullover 100 lbs= 15 x's

deadlift 350=5x's, 315= 7x's
    cable rows 110 lbs=15 x's

I loosened the belt a bit and it was like I was not doing them with a belt. a belt helps me move more weight. Moreover, after watching this I might incorporate not using a belt and I might not. using a belt for sure helps me move heavy weights.

use firefox, google grome always crashes on muscular development videos. its about the middle Derek Poundstone talks about how a belt can cause a bigger waist and he may have alluded to wider hips although am not sure if this is true. It is good to stay open minded and consider the words if they can be proven or they work for one.IF I find out not wearing a belt (counter intuitive) can minimize stomach verses wearing one Ill do what ever works.

http://mdtv.musculardevelopment.com/...-haven-ct.html

again I have hit much better numbers in the past and I drop my ego and pay attention to form. (like a four or so count negative, its long)

I contribute the just moving without controlling the negative extremely heavy weights to my old elbow injury.
    Awesome work bro!!!
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition
  3. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.94%

Quote Originally Posted by pembroke3355 View Post
    Awesome work bro!!!
    Thanks Don. do you have a log going?

any input is appreciated on stuff you know that I do not.

January 26th 2010

seated Calve riases
    45+25+5=11x's
    one at a time seated calve raises
    25lb= 10 x's

lying leg curl+3 (+3 is a special technique the inventor of Dc brought to my attention)
    110lbs= 24 x's

Leg Press
    5 plates and 25(on each side)= 12 x's
    6 plates and 25 almost passed out , blood rush made me lose count maybe 5-8?
    adduction 50 lbs= 20x's
    abduction 50 lbs= 20 x's

ham and quad stretch each 45 seconds
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
    •   

Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.51%

I am tagging a long now John, keep hitting it hard!
  5. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.94%

Cardio first thing on empty stomach 50 minutes lower intensity(stationary bike 15 ,
    elliptical 35)

also did a bit of walking around my old college campus doing some business. I do not count this though

5 hours later
    30 minutes cardio lower intensity all in all burnt around (elliptical)

all together today burnt 700 calories according to the machine with my weight and age.

about an hour later Ring of fire ab routine talk about flexing the abs and feeling good.
  6. AI Sports Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.66%

Cardio first thing on empty stomach 50 minutes lower intensity(stationary bike 15 ,
    elliptical 35)

also did a bit of walking around my old college campus doing some business. I do not count this though

5 hours later
    30 minutes cardio lower intensity all in all burnt around (elliptical)

all together today burnt 700 calories according to the machine with my weight and age.

about an hour later Ring of fire ab routine talk about flexing the abs and feeling good.
    700 cals is pretty impressive.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
  7. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.94%

45 minutes cardio on empty stomach(elliptical)

6 hours later Chest shoulders triceps traps

Incline Barbell
    195 lbs=10 x's rest pause
    incline smith widegrip
    135=17x's

arnold press
    60 lbs=16x's rest pause
    standing side laterals
    30 lbs=15x's

close grip bench press
    205=13x's rest pause
    overhead triceps cable extensions
    80lbs=15x's
    cable ez bar widgrp pushdown
    80lbs=15x's

dumbbell shrug 90 lbs=15x's
  8. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.87%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Keep at it!

Very nice job you are putting in the work.
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade
  9. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.94%

We had a snow storm here in west Tennessee. Gym was closed Friday paid $5 to go to a 24 hour gym(used to go there a couple years ago so I know how to get in)

Biceps Forearms Back wdith and Thickness

Standing Ez bar gironda curls
    65lbs= a lot (I did not record every thing since I use my other gym as a point of reference to beat, different equipment here)
    strait bar preacher curls Bar= 15 x's

One arm cable reverse curls 30 lbs= 15 x's

close grip pulldown
    170lbs=15x's
    Nautilus or hammer strength pulldown machine

Underhand Barbell rows
    190lbs=10 x's
    225lbs=8 x's
    Iso row machine ~ didnt record

lying down rear delt machine = pulled my shoulder it has been hurting since

Saturday not much walked in the snow a bit

sunday not much went sledding

Monday Calves, hamstrings, Quadriceps

leg press calves(3 rest pauses)(special technique for Dcers that have been training more than one year)
    3 plates and 10 on each side=17x's
    one leg seated calve raises 30 lbs=10x's

One leg curls+3 (3 rest pauses)
    50 lbs=27x's

Smith Squats(no belt) down to the ground
    250 lbs=10 x's
    230 lbs= 10 x's
  10. AI Sports Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.66%

We had a snow storm here in west Tennessee. Gym was closed Friday paid $5 to go to a 24 hour gym(used to go there a couple years ago so I know how to get in)

Biceps Forearms Back wdith and Thickness

Standing Ez bar gironda curls
    65lbs= a lot (I did not record every thing since I use my other gym as a point of reference to beat, different equipment here)
    strait bar preacher curls Bar= 15 x's

One arm cable reverse curls 30 lbs= 15 x's

close grip pulldown
    170lbs=15x's
    Nautilus or hammer strength pulldown machine

Underhand Barbell rows
    190lbs=10 x's
    225lbs=8 x's
    Iso row machine ~ didnt record

lying down rear delt machine = pulled my shoulder it has been hurting since

Saturday not much walked in the snow a bit

sunday not much went sledding

Monday Calves, hamstrings, Quadriceps

leg press calves(3 rest pauses)(special technique for Dcers that have been training more than one year)
    3 plates and 10 on each side=17x's
    one leg seated calve raises 30 lbs=10x's

One leg curls+3 (3 rest pauses)
    50 lbs=27x's

Smith Squats(no belt) down to the ground
    250 lbs=10 x's
    230 lbs= 10 x's
    Sorry to hear about the shoulder.
  11. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.94%

On a negative note shouldder is pulled will not do any thing that aggravates it.had to abandon my normal routine (today would have been decline press)

Low Incline flys 60 lbs= 8 x's
    incline smith super wide grip 145lbs=15 lbs

Larry scott dumbell press 50=12 x's, 50 =10 x's surprising I can do these and can no5t fo decline press it is mostly any kind of chest press I can not do or side laterals

nautilus Tricep extension 100 lbs= 10 x's 130 lbs= 7 x's
    behind the head cable rope extensions 85=10 x's
    ez widegrip cable pushdowns 80 lbs= 16 x's

db shrug 90 lbs= 12 x's 100lbs= 12 x's

On a positive note I lost some off my waist on the tape measure. The goal is losing this body fat.

nutrition is still calorie cycling for fat loss averaging 2,800 per day
  12. AI Sports Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.66%

On a negative note shouldder is pulled will not do any thing that aggravates it.had to abandon my normal routine (today would have been decline press)

Low Incline flys 60 lbs= 8 x's
    incline smith super wide grip 145lbs=15 lbs

Larry scott dumbell press 50=12 x's, 50 =10 x's surprising I can do these and can no5t fo decline press it is mostly any kind of chest press I can not do or side laterals

nautilus Tricep extension 100 lbs= 10 x's 130 lbs= 7 x's
    behind the head cable rope extensions 85=10 x's
    ez widegrip cable pushdowns 80 lbs= 16 x's

db shrug 90 lbs= 12 x's 100lbs= 12 x's

On a positive note I lost some off my waist on the tape measure. The goal is losing this body fat.
    nutrition is still calorie cycling for fat loss averaging 2,800 per day
    Great news.
  13. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.94%

Great news.
    I like the positive attitude Don.

today 45 minutes cardio on empty stomach

six hours later 30 minutes cardio, ring of fire ab routine(Larry Scott routine)
  14. AI Sports Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.66%

I like the positive attitude Don.

today 45 minutes cardio on empty stomach

six hours later 30 minutes cardio, ring of fire ab routine(Larry Scott routine)
    I do not know anything this routine. Could you give me some more info on it.
  15. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.94%

I do not know anything this routine. Could you give me some more info on it.
    http://www.larryscott.info/ringoffire.html
    Larry Scott promotes it as the best thing for the ab and what helped him achieve his small waist

today 30 minutes cardio

four hours later biceps, forearms, back width, back thickness

preacher dumb bell curls
    35 lbs=14x's rest pauses
    preacher strait bar curls
    40 lbs= forgot to count (15 to 20 maybe)
    21 cables(wide grip) 60 lbs

one arm reverse cable curl
    30 lbs=forgot to count 20 maybe

Nautilus Pullover 170 lbs=16 x's
    110lbs=~

T bar rows 4 plates=8, 4 plates=12
    cable rows(close grip bar) 115lbs=15x's

cardio 30 minutes
    abs (did my training partners ab routine today it works very well)
  16. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.94%

Friday

the equipment to do Donkey Calve raises was down so I had to substitute nautilus leg press calve raises instead did three rest pauses sets at 310 lbs= 12 reps

incline Glute ham raises
    bodyweight=12x's
    35 lbs9 x's

smith front squats
    195lbs=7 x's
    145=12x's

abductor 50lbs=20x's
    adductor 50 lbs=20x's

Saturday
    60 minutes cardio on empty stomach
  17. AI Sports Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.66%

http://www.larryscott.info/ringoffire.html
    Larry Scott promotes it as the best thing for the ab and what helped him achieve his small waist

today 30 minutes cardio

four hours later biceps, forearms, back width, back thickness

preacher dumb bell curls
    35 lbs=14x's rest pauses
    preacher strait bar curls
    40 lbs= forgot to count (15 to 20 maybe)
    21 cables(wide grip) 60 lbs

one arm reverse cable curl
    30 lbs=forgot to count 20 maybe

Nautilus Pullover 170 lbs=16 x's
    110lbs=~

T bar rows 4 plates=8, 4 plates=12
    cable rows(close grip bar) 115lbs=15x's

cardio 30 minutes
    abs (did my training partners ab routine today it works very well)
    Thank you for the link bro.
  18. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.94%

Sunday
    45 minutes cardio empty stomach(lower to moderate, a bit of both)

Monday (shoulder still messed up on anti-inflammatories)
    Lower incline dumbbell press
    85 lbs=8x's, 4 x's
    pec dec 120 lbs= 12x's

Seated Smith(to chin)
    145=20 x's (3 rest pauses)

nautilus tricep extension
    110= 22x's(3 rest pauses)
    over the head rope tricep extensions
    85lbs= 15x's
    Wide grip-ez-bar- cable push downs
    85lbs=17x's

standing db shrugs 100 lbs= 12 x's

10 minutes of super high intensity cardio after training

Tueday(today)
    Standing Dumb bell curl
    50 lbs=13 x's(3 rest pauses)
    strait bar preacher curl 45 lbs=15x's
    21 cables(widegrip) 70 lbs

reverse cable curls 70 lbs= 15 x's (may have to cut these aggravated shoulder)

close-middle grip underhand pulldown
    (yates style)
    180 lbs=15x's(3 rest pauses)
    nautilus pullover
    120lbs= 12x's

Deadlift
    350lbs= 8 x's(great form) PR (Ive done 365 a couple months ago 8 x's on rack deads below the knee. This is a PR on full deads.
    335lbs=8 x's
    cable rows 120 lbs=10x's
  19. AI Sports Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.66%

Damn bro. I hope that shoulder gets well soon.
  20. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.94%

Damn bro. I hope that shoulder gets well soon.
    Doctor does not think it is anything major. He thinks it will be gone in no time.

anytime an injury keeps nagging I do lighter stuff or if I have to I take a full month off. do some kind of rehab during that month. it is worth it if the injury can put you back years verses taking a month off and getting the best treatment you can do in your power to do.

Today 60 minutes cardio on empty stomach

(I have raised the intensity doing interval cardio..... moderate followed by moderate high back and forth pretty much the whole time) i love the heavy breathing

700 calories burnt

*while I did my PR yesterday on the dead lifts I took a motive before. today before cardio I took a motivate. Good stuff I had no real sleeping situations like some stimulants
  21. AI Sports Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.66%

Doctor does not think it is anything major. He thinks it will be gone in no time.

anytime an injury keeps nagging I do lighter stuff or if I have to I take a full month off. do some kind of rehab during that month. it is worth it if the injury can put you back years verses taking a month off and getting the best treatment you can do in your power to do.

Today 60 minutes cardio on empty stomach

(I have raised the intensity doing interval cardio..... moderate followed by moderate high back and forth pretty much the whole time) i love the heavy breathing

700 calories burnt

*while I did my PR yesterday on the dead lifts I took a motive before. today before cardio I took a motivate. Good stuff I had no real sleeping situations like some stimulants
    Congrats on the PR.
  22. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.94%

Feb. 11th 2010 calves, hamstrings, quadriceps

Seated Calve raise 45+35= 10
    one leg seated calve riases 35=10x's

Lying leg curls+3
    110=26x's

Leg press
    6 plates=10-12 x's lost count due to blood rush
    7 plates(thats per side) 9 x's failed on 10 , spotter had to help push the sled back up as I got stuck

adduction 50lbs=15x's

abduction 50lbs=15x's

Feb. 12th 2010 Chest, Shoulders, triceps

Incline barbell press(33 degrees)
    205lbs=15x's (3 rest pauses) I have a spotter and he helped me up slightly with some fingers toward the last set so i could fully fatigue the muscle on the negative first set was 6, 3, then 5 with spotter slightly helping the positive with fingers

Arnold press 70lbs=9x's(3 rest pauses)

lying tricep extension(ez bar)
    65lbs=16x's(3 rest pauses)

overhead rope extension
    90lbs=15x's

wide grip cable pushdown
    90lbs=17x's

Saturday Feb 13th
    cardio on empty stomach- first 25 minutes lower intensity,
    next 30 minutes alternating between medium and high intensity intervals did 6 high intensity bouts. talk about feeling good and a rush. the elliptial is easier on the kness on doing high intensity than running

*usually ill do two cardio sessions high intensity per week. the rest are moderate intensity.

Sunday Feb 14th took off
  23. AI Sports Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.66%

Feb. 11th 2010 calves, hamstrings, quadriceps

Seated Calve raise 45+35= 10
    one leg seated calve riases 35=10x's

Lying leg curls+3
    110=26x's

Leg press
    6 plates=10-12 x's lost count due to blood rush
    7 plates(thats per side) 9 x's failed on 10 , spotter had to help push the sled back up as I got stuck

adduction 50lbs=15x's

abduction 50lbs=15x's

Feb. 12th 2010 Chest, Shoulders, triceps

Incline barbell press(33 degrees)
    205lbs=15x's (3 rest pauses) I have a spotter and he helped me up slightly with some fingers toward the last set so i could fully fatigue the muscle on the negative first set was 6, 3, then 5 with spotter slightly helping the positive with fingers

Arnold press 70lbs=9x's(3 rest pauses)

lying tricep extension(ez bar)
    65lbs=16x's(3 rest pauses)

overhead rope extension
    90lbs=15x's

wide grip cable pushdown
    90lbs=17x's

Saturday Feb 13th
    cardio on empty stomach- first 25 minutes lower intensity,
    next 30 minutes alternating between medium and high intensity intervals did 6 high intensity bouts. talk about feeling good and a rush. the elliptial is easier on the kness on doing high intensity than running

*usually ill do two cardio sessions high intensity per week. the rest are moderate intensity.

Sunday Feb 14th took off
    Very nice workout bro.
  24. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.94%

feb 15th 2010 cardio, Biceps, back width back thickness

upon awaking did 45 minutes lower intensity cardio

hours later...

ez bar curls
    85lbs=14x's (3 rest pauses)
    peacher barbell curl 65lbs=10x's

Nautilus pullover
    120lbs=12x's
    close grip pull down
    200lbs=14x's ( 3 rest pauses)

Underhand barbell row 225=5,with a few 3/4 movements and partials after i could not do full range.
    225=6..followed by 5 3/4 partial movements
    cable rows=125lbs=10x's

Feb 16th 2010 Calves hams quads
    Leg press calves
    3 plates and 25(each side)=16(3 rest pauses)
    One leg seated calve raises 35=12x's

one leg curls+3
    70lbs=18x's (3 rest pauses)

Smith squat
    265=12x's
    235=10x's

abs
  25. AI Sports Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.66%

Very nice bro.
  26. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.94%

February 17th 2010

45 minutes cardio upon awaking (lower-moderate intensity)

30 minutes high intensity intervals two minutes, power walk, 1 minute hard run repeated this 8 x's which equals about 25 minutes

February 18th 2010

30 minutes cardio upon awaking moderate intensity

separated by maybe five hours of weights
    Chest Shoulders Triceps

Decline bench press
    275=13x's(3 rest Pauses) focus on negative slowly, focus is always on the negative I used to lift like a power lifter moving the weight from a to b and when you focus on the negative muscle comes much easier[and easier on the joints])
    slight incline fly 50 lbs=8x's

Larry scott Db press 60lbs=12 x's(3 rest pauses)
    standing side laterals 30 lbs= 10 x's

130lbs=12x's rest paused
    behind the head cable rope extensions 95lbs=10x's
    wide grip cable pushdown 95=15x's

*Good news elbow is healed I was hesitate to go heavy and train balls to the wall on should type movements but I did train with intensity and no major setbacks so all's good currently on injuries.
  27. AI Sports Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.66%

February 17th 2010

45 minutes cardio upon awaking (lower-moderate intensity)

30 minutes high intensity intervals two minutes, power walk, 1 minute hard run repeated this 8 x's which equals about 25 minutes

February 18th 2010

30 minutes cardio upon awaking moderate intensity

separated by maybe five hours of weights
    Chest Shoulders Triceps

Decline bench press
    275=13x's(3 rest Pauses) focus on negative slowly, focus is always on the negative I used to lift like a power lifter moving the weight from a to b and when you focus on the negative muscle comes much easier[and easier on the joints])
    slight incline fly 50 lbs=8x's

Larry scott Db press 60lbs=12 x's(3 rest pauses)
    standing side laterals 30 lbs= 10 x's

130lbs=12x's rest paused
    behind the head cable rope extensions 95lbs=10x's
    wide grip cable pushdown 95=15x's

*Good news elbow is healed I was hesitate to go heavy and train balls to the wall on should type movements but I did train with intensity and no major setbacks so all's good currently on injuries.
    Great news on the elbow.
  28. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.94%

Friday Feb 19th 2010 biceps, forearms, back width back thickness

Seated DB preacher curl
    40lbs= 12x's(3 rest pauses)
    strait bar preacher curl
    50lbs=9x's

one arm reverse curl
    35lbs=15x's

nautilus pullover
    180lbs=14x's
    130lbs=10x's

T bar rows
    4 plates=15x's, 5 plates +25=6x's (form was a bit sloppier and not as strict as usual that is okay though)
    cable rows(close grip) 130lbs=12x's
  29. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.94%

Saturday Feb 20th
    cardio moderate intensity

Sunday feb 21st
    off

Monday Feb 22nd 2010 calves, hamstrings , quadriceps

Donkey Calve raises
    275lbs=13x's(3 rest pauses)
    one foot at a time seated calve raise
    35lbs=10x's

Incline glute ham raise
    bar=10x's,
    bar=8 x's

Smith Front Squat
    205=8x's
    155lbs=10x's

Today February 23nd 2010 Chest shoulders Triceps

Low Incline Db press
    90lbs=7 x's
    Flat db press
    90lbs-7-8 times lost count
    Flat dumb bell flies
    50lbs=10x's

Seated Smith Press(to chin)
    165lbs=11x's(3 rest pauses)
    Standing side laterals
    30lbs=12 x's

Nautilus Dip Machine
    275lbs=18x's( 3 rest pauses)
    behind the head cable extension
    100lbs=12x's
    Widegrip Cable Pushdown
    100lbs=10-12 - lost count

Hopefully I can get some videos up the next two weeks (I want to show you me moving some weight and some proper lifting technique on certain exercises)
  30. AI Sports Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.66%

Saturday Feb 20th
    cardio moderate intensity

Sunday feb 21st
    off

Monday Feb 22nd 2010 calves, hamstrings , quadriceps

Donkey Calve raises
    275lbs=13x's(3 rest pauses)
    one foot at a time seated calve raise
    35lbs=10x's

Incline glute ham raise
    bar=10x's,
    bar=8 x's

Smith Front Squat
    205=8x's
    155lbs=10x's

Today February 23nd 2010 Chest shoulders Triceps

Low Incline Db press
    90lbs=7 x's
    Flat db press
    90lbs-7-8 times lost count
    Flat dumb bell flies
    50lbs=10x's

Seated Smith Press(to chin)
    165lbs=11x's(3 rest pauses)
    Standing side laterals
    30lbs=12 x's

Nautilus Dip Machine
    275lbs=18x's( 3 rest pauses)
    behind the head cable extension
    100lbs=12x's
    Widegrip Cable Pushdown
    100lbs=10-12 - lost count

Hopefully I can get some videos up the next two weeks (I want to show you me moving some weight and some proper lifting technique on certain exercises)
    Very nice.
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.95%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Nice workouts! How are you enjoying training chest / shoulders together? I find i have to take a break from the pairing as my front delts get to fried after a while.
    Come join me on my Olympus goodie run (Ostarine / Ep1c / Str3ngth / Sup3r PCT)
  32. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  197 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.42%

that would be awesome
  33. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.94%

Very nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by punthra View Post
    Nice workouts! How are you enjoying training chest / shoulders together? I find i have to take a break from the pairing as my front delts get to fried after a while.
    Punthra,I have been training Dc training since 2007 this way. (had one year lay off of total upper body)

To answer your question in two parts:

A. Never had a problem with front delts being beat up and I really do not go that heavy they just respond well . I've had a couple comments one from a good friend and training partner and another from a friend that my shoulders are one of my better body parts genetically.

You move much heavy weight than myself last time I checked so I can see where training shoulders after Chest could take its toll.

B.For a person who genetically has weak shoulders I probably would recommend training them on a separate day and first. I never have had a problem with shoulders so I do not put any special emphasis on them.

Thank you for the Question
  34. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.94%

February 25th 2010 Biceps, back width Back thickness

Standing Dumb bell curl
    50lbs=14x's ( 3 rest pauses) squeeze at top -n- slow negative(pretty much I do slow negatives on all exercises except maybe the Smith squat and dead lift
    preacher curls=55lbs=10x's
    Cable 21's 90lbs

Close-Middle grip underhand Pull down(Yates's way)
    200lbs=13x's(3 rest pauses)
    Nautilus Pullover
    130lbs=12x's

Deadlift-form could have been better and smoother no going too far back This is a bad habit and I need to conciously pay more attention going back like that is bad for the spine) I did not go to failure because I know what my CNS can take and what it can not. I have legs tomorrow and I could of tried to do more but my Cns said no
    350=6x's
    365=5x's
    YouTube- Deadlifts on February 25th 2010.wmv
    low n close grip Cable rows
    140lbs=12x's

Before I lifted I took Anabolic Innovations motivate which perks me up a bit. Also drank some onion juice today. I know these are small things every little detail adds up to the big picture. when one has millions upon millions of little things going it adds up to some big changes.
  35. AI Sports Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.66%

February 25th 2010 Biceps, back width Back thickness

Standing Dumb bell curl
    50lbs=14x's ( 3 rest pauses) squeeze at top -n- slow negative(pretty much I do slow negatives on all exercises except maybe the Smith squat and dead lift
    preacher curls=55lbs=10x's
    Cable 21's 90lbs

Close-Middle grip underhand Pull down(Yates's way)
    Nautilus Pullover
    130lbs=12x's

Deadlift-form could have been better and smoother no going too far back This is a bad habit and I need to conciously pay more attention going back like that is bad for the spine) I did not go to failure because I know what my CNS can take and what it can not. I have legs tomorrow and I could of tried to do more but my Cns said no
    350=6x's
    365=5x's
    YouTube- Deadlifts on February 25th 2010.wmv
    low n close grip Cable rows
    140lbs=12x's

Before I lifted I took Anabolic Innovations motivate which perks me up a bit. Also drank some onion juice today. I know these are small things every little detail adds up to the big picture. when one has millions upon millions of little things going it adds up to some big changes.
    Damn very impressive!!!!!!
  36. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.87%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Hey very good!

Thank you for the video. Impressive!
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade
  37. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.94%

February 26th 2010 Calve hamstrings Quadiceps

seated Calve raise(giving me knee pain may have to cut them)
    two 45's= 7 x's

Lying leg curls +3 (+3 is a technique from the Dc inventor)
    130lbs=13x's(two rest pauses)

Leg Press
    6 plates+25=7-8 x's(lost count went down too low hips started to raise up and knees hurt in bottom position so cut the set short i had more in me)
    7 plates+10=10x's (no pain)

over the weekend cardio on one or both days

March 1st 2010 Chest shoulders triceps

Incline Barbell press(33 degrees)
    210lbs=14 x's (3 rest pauses)

Arnold press
    70 lbs=10x's(3 rest pauses)
    side laterals
    35lbs=10x's

Lying tricep extension(yates style)
    70lbs=15x's(3 rest pauses)
    widegrip pushdown 110lbs=15x's
    one arm reverse forgot

March 2nd 2010

cardio 30 minutes moderate-high intensity intervals

separated by biceps forearms back width back thickness

Ez bar curls
    105lbs=17x's(3 rest pauses)
    preacher barbell
    60lbs=7x's

preacher reverse ez bar
    45lbs=7x's

close grip pulldown(close grip handle)

underhand barbell rows(yates way)
    225=7x's then when I could not do full range finished it with partials
    225=8x's followed by partials when full range of motion could not be done

cable rows(yates way-widegrip)
    100lbs=6x's

March 3nd 2010

high intensity cardio intervals 30 minutes
  38. AI Sports Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.66%

Great looking workouts!!!
  39. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.95%

Looking good man!
    Come join me on my Olympus goodie run (Ostarine / Ep1c / Str3ngth / Sup3r PCT)
  40. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.94%

March 4th 2010 Calves Hamstrings, Quads

Leg press calves(3 rest pauses)
    4 plates(each side)=15x's

I have an injured muscle tendon by my calve attachment going to Doctor to get that check out along with shoulder and right Elbow.

One leg curls +3 (Dc technique by the man himself)
    70lbs=11x;s I only could do one strait set because it hurt so bad and I sensed an injury if I pushed farther so i kept it to one set.

Smith Squats
    275=5x's, 240 =13x's
    I really feel my calorie restriction diet(losing body fat) and all the leg work on cardio and only eating one meal before took its toll on strength I did 265=12x's last time I did these two weeks ago. Its a reality I am dealing with.

YouTube- March 5th 2010 Smith Squats
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    March 5th 2010 Chest shoulders Triceps

decline barbell
    285lbs=13 x's(3 rest pauses) * I brung my camera to the gym and in the middle of my first set I realized I forgot.
    Incline 33 degree db flies
    50lbs=12x's very slow and controlled

Seated Db press
    65lbs=13x's(3 rest pauses)
    standing side laterals
    35lbs=10x's

I could not do my scheduled exercise becausse of right elbow pain on the warmup on the exercise so I had to switch to an exercise that treats my elbows well.and that is the
    Nautilus Dip Machine
    280lbs=22x's

Similar Forum Threads

1. Anarchy training? John Davies
    By votum in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-09-2010, 01:50 PM
  2. ATD, Dr. John?
    By ItsHectic in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-18-2007, 11:56 AM
  3. John Cena: When He Was Training To Be A BBer
    By P4D2A022 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 31