Can someone help me with my chest?

1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Can someone help me with my chest?

I have tryed many of different workouts and stratagies along the way to develope my chest i have increased my max the past few years impressivly but i still lack that defined chest(heck i barley have one but i can put up 375 at 215. does anyone have a good workout i could use?

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  195 lbs.
    Answers

use a lot of slow controlled movements, and make about half your workout some type of fly, squeeze the muscle for 1-2 seconds at peak contraction and slowly lower back to starting position, just benching or pressing for strength will not allow the speration to come, as must be a decent bodyfat to see details like this
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Answers

I always like to answer questions like this by starting off with this..."opinions are like *******s - everyone's got one". lol Ask a training question, and the opinions become more in numbers. That's not to say they are bad or wrong...on the contrary, they are all probably valid in some way.

Now, for my *******, er, I mean answer...I fall into the same category you do regarding chest. However, recently I decided to do what people talk about but never actually do - leave the ego at the door. Drop the weight you are using and actually FEEL the muscle working. I've done that over the last 8-9 months and I have had better results in that time period than most previous years. Also, I want to make sure I talk about training intensity as well. There is no training system that can be effective if intensity isn't there.

Final thing - check out the Power, Rep Range, Shock training system by Eric Broser. VERY effective. Plus he has a complimentary training system called FD/FS (Fiber Destruciton/Fiber Saturation). Check it out and give it a try.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  200 lbs.
    Answers

I do my workouts with a tempo. For chest;

Flat bench - Tempo 201 (1....2.. and then pop up with a 1 and then again 1...2.. as you bring the weight towards your chest)

Flat dumbbell flies - Tempo 602 (1...2...3...4...5...6 all slow and controlled and then up 1...2 and then back down the count-down)

Focus on the chest muscle areas and not your arms. Some people will complain how they feel it else where besides the area they're working out. Concentrate, breath and have a good form.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  169 lbs.
    Answers

I have a similar problem, but instead of not have a chest, my left pec is noticeably larger than my right pec, but I am right handed, how can I even them up. I've tried everything you can think of and it's been this way for about 2 years and multiple cycles.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'5"  235 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by steviestv8 View Post
    I have tryed many of different workouts and stratagies along the way to develope my chest i have increased my max the past few years impressivly but i still lack that defined chest(heck i barley have one but i can put up 375 at 215. does anyone have a good workout i could use?

Adjust your bench grip so that it is wider. I know a fair few people who do bench press so close that that they make it primarily a tricep exercise.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Answers

It's all about body fat. I didn't think my chest was "defined" either until I dropped off 15 pounds of body fat and voila, a chiseled chest. Muscle is Muscle. Definition comes from losing body fat in those areas.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  171 lbs.
    Answers

I noticed the comment here that pecs/ the side of ones dominat hand is smaller. I'ts the same with females. I usually can guess whether an active gal is right or left handed by which breast is smaller. No lie.

Think it has to do with the type of muscle fiber and how it changes with the primary use of said dominant hand. I do masonary work, flatwork, block, etc. I make a point to use both hands.

The only bonus other than ballanced chest size is I can work twice as much area for the same pay......hang on a sec. I'm screwing myself, I'm asking for a raise on monday! God am I dumb!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Chest & Triceps or Chest & Back
    By Buracho in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-14-2011, 09:10 AM
  2. pain in left chest (inside the chest)
    By jjdoherty in forum LG Sciences
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-12-2008, 02:47 PM
  3. Flat bench to the chest or couple inches above chest...
    By bbillcee in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 07-02-2008, 05:30 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-24-2008, 05:51 PM
  5. Chest 2x a week to improve upper chest?
    By AldrichAStern in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 04-18-2006, 07:32 PM