Big Jack is back with PRIME!

BigJack87

Awards
wow guys I was gonna wait untill I finished my two bottles to write anything up but Holy Sh*t I cant wait!

After reading more than a few logs I decided to give prime a shot. Got 2 bottles w/ 150 800 mg caps per bottle from gnc for $90 and some change. Would've been cheaper but I opted for overnight shipping.

start: Tuesday October 6th. weight: 160
Week 2: Tuesday October 13th. Weight: 164
Week 3: ???

Split:

Monday - legs/light shoulders
Tuesday - Bi's/tri's/forearms
Wednesday - rest
Thursday - Chest
Friday - Back
Saturday - rest
Sunday - rest

Dosing: 2/2/2 on rest days. 2/5/2 on workout days (5 before workout).

I spent the summer bein' lazy with friends and goin to partys etc, didn't do sh*t in the gym. Started back around the 10th of september, came down with a major respiratory infection about a week later.

Got over that and from the 1st of october to the 5th my lifts looked pretty much the same as before I got sick...

October 5th lift stats:

Deadlift - 205 x 8
Squats - 225 x 8
Bench -135 x 8
Cable rows 90 x 10

I lost a good amount of strength over the summer, so I think some of the strength I've gained in the last two weeks using it has been from just getting back to where I was.

BUT! I cannot deny that prime is the REAL F*CKING DEAL!

And I say this because today I set HUGE new PR's on squat!

did 245 x 8, 255 x 8, 275 x 8, 295 x 10, 310 x 17!!!! Kept my form good untill that last 3-4 reps then I got sloppy, but moved the weight nonetheless.

Now I don't have a spotter and I squat over my bench for safety reasons (don't want to go crashing to the ground with all that weight on my back) so this isn't perfectly parallel but its pretty d*mn close. certainly close enough. My form was much much better tonight than the last time I squated 310 for a measly 2 reps! Stamina was through the roof. and the "magical" week 3 starts tomorrow so if things keep going at this rate I will have to get another bottle and run for another 3 weeks on top of this.

Other supps I'm taking:

Whey
BCAA's
Green Mag

Guys I'm excited to be back into this I love lifting and I'll keep this thing updated. There WILL be before and after pics as well!

Current lift stats:

Deadlift - 275 x 8
Squat - 310 x 14 (legitimate reps)
Bench - 175 x 8
Cable Rows - 140 x 12

Peace Out Brotha's :head:

BigJack87

Awards
ARMS

Super set
Pulldowns 4 x 8
Curls 4 x 8

Super set
Close grip bench 4 x 6
Cable hammer curls 3 x 8

Super set
Decline bench skull crushers 4 x 6
Preacher curls 3 x 8

And to finish it off

Wrist curls behind the back 3 x 15 and Incline bench dumbbell curls 2 x 6

BigJack87

Awards
Yesterday - rest

Today was supposed to be chest day but I decided to give my tri's a little extra recovery time so I'll be hittin' chest tomorrow!

Also going to switch mondays and tuesday workouts

Monday - ARMS
Tuesday - LEGS

and also heres what post workout (dinner on off days) looks like plus a powerade with 5-6 grams of bcaa's throwin in, and a protein shake 30-45 minutes after that.

Tuesday weighed in at 172 24 hours later still holding at 172

cloc

cloc

Awards
  • Established
keep up the good work my man 12lbs is an awesome weight gain keep pounding those cals you can get to 180-185 for sure! how tall are you btw

BigJack87

Awards
I've never actually had bf% measured so I can't say for sure but I'll go ahead and put the before pic up for you guys so you can be judge.

If I had to guess, 10-12%?

That pic is from a week or two before I got sick I was right at 160 (same weight as the 6th when I started Prime). Sorry its bad quality, but its the only pic I got. I'll be getting a camera for the after pics.

I know some of that 12 lbs is water weight from the green mag. I'd say about 5 lbs of it is water weight my body has absorbed, 4 lbs of it is the never ending supply of food and drink I'm putting into my body, and 2-3 lbs of it LBM.

This is supposed to be the magic week for prime and if the last two weeks are any indication.... Chest today is going to be EXPLOSIVEEEE!!!! :rocketwhore:

Attachments

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You peeked my interest on Prime man so I'm definately subbing this thread :)
Keep hitting it hard :thumbsup:

//CC

cloc

cloc

Awards
  • Established
well your deff lean shouldn have to worry about gaining any fat keep hitting hard man thanks for the before pic

BigJack87

Awards
Chest

D. Bench - 3 x 8 @ 175
I. bench - 3 x 8,6,10 @ 135
Peck Deck - 3 x 8 @ 120
Flat DB Bench - 3 x 8 w/ 45's
Crossovers - 3 x 8 @ 70

2 extra sets of D. Bench @ 135 for 5 and 6 reps

4 sets of elevated pushups @ bodyweight for 5, 8, 8, 12

My chest is GONNNEEEEEEEE!!!!!

FOOD TIME! :food:

BigJack87

Awards
Well last night I got about 6 hours of sleep (normally get about 10) and forgot to take my food with me to work today bc I was in a rush, so I didn't get to eat near as much food today as I normally do.

Felt like Sh*t tonight. Head was hurting, energy was down, didn't even want to lift. (I'm thinking this was because of the lack of sleep and food more than anything)

But my back has to grow so I threw SOME weight around, not alot. Felt sick the whole time.

Deadlifts - 3 x 8 @ 255
Cable Rows - 4 x 10 @ 140, 140, 150, 150
Pulldowns - 4 x 12 @ 75
DB Rows - 1 x 8 w/ 35's (too sick to finish)

Gonna get my sleeping back on schedule and remember to take all my food to work from now on and things should be back to normal by the next lift day.

Skippin' arms on monday, just to make sure they don't get overdone. Legs are on Tuesday.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well last night I got about 6 hours of sleep (normally get about 10) and forgot to take my food with me to work today bc I was in a rush, so I didn't get to eat near as much food today as I normally do.

Felt like Sh*t tonight. Head was hurting, energy was down, didn't even want to lift. (I'm thinking this was because of the lack of sleep and food more than anything)

But my back has to grow so I threw SOME weight around, not alot. Felt sick the whole time.

Deadlifts - 3 x 8 @ 255
Cable Rows - 4 x 10 @ 140, 140, 150, 150
Pulldowns - 4 x 12 @ 75
DB Rows - 1 x 8 w/ 35's (too sick to finish)

Gonna get my sleeping back on schedule and remember to take all my food to work from now on and things should be back to normal by the next lift day.

Skippin' arms on monday, just to make sure they don't get overdone. Legs are on Tuesday.
Sleeping (resting) and eating are key areas to watch. Please let us know how things unfold. :thumbsup:

BigJack87

Awards
Yesterday - rest

Felt alot better better got about 9-10 hours to sleep and plenty of good clean food.

I still feel like I need to eat more though.

The way I'm feelin' now I don't want to rest arms today but I'm gonna fight the urge to lift. I might end up doing something though. Maybe some curls and close grips. Hmmm...

Anyway, the water weight is killing me! My abs are still visible, I think just a tad more than they were before the weekend, but just slightly. I just feel pudgy around the waist its buggin' the hell out of me.

What do you guys think about cardio for 15 minutes after every workout? Plus more water intake? I get about a gallon a day as is.

BigJack87

Awards
weight update

Just weighed. 174.5

Take into account I havn't taken any green mag today, yesterday or sunday night so some of the water weight went away and abs are back to being pretty visible.

So up another 2.5 lbs is pretty good I think.

bout to hit legs

Jeremy Brown

Jeremy Brown

Awards
  • Established
subbed in brotha, ran prime about a year ago and enjoyed it. im thinking ill run 2-4 bottles of it again before i run my SD cycle in a couple of months. get big man, looking forward to seeing your progress!!

BigJack87

Awards
Awesome legs

Ok legs were insane tonight! Two things happened though, the extensions part of my bench broke so I didn't get to do leg curls for the hammies :/ and my chest did something really weird tonight which I'll get into a bit.

Strength was up, and stamina/recovery was, again, through the roof!

Squats - 330 x 8, 325 x 8, 315 x 8, 315 x 8, 295 x 12, 295 x 12
Extensions - 3 sets of 8 @ 115 + 2 extra sets for right leg 2 sets of 12 @ 60
Calf Raises - 3 sets of 8 @ 135 + bodyweight

Really bummed about not getting to do legs curls tonight ! I'm probably going to have to buy another bench. The screws/part that they screw into on the bench somehow stripped out.

Has any one ever had their chest pop while squatting? Not like a single loud pop. This was totally different. The best way I can describe it is that it felt (the sound was minimal but you could hear if you really listen) like a roll of micro firecrackers was going off in/under my left pec. It started at the end of the first set of squats, I couldnt tell if it was in my pec muscle or underneath it but its never happened before and it was REALLY REALLY WEIRD! Also going to start a thread on this if you want to answer there

Time for FOOOODDDD!!!!!

Peace out brotha's!

BigJack87

Awards
Chest

Couple of things to note first.

1. yesterday was a rest day and weighed in 24 hrs later still holding at 174.

2. I'm back to takin green mag once in the morning and once PWO (or at night on off days)

3. Week 4 started tuesday and I've decided I'm going to get another bottle of prime and run it for a total of 12 weeks!

Ok on to the workout.

D. Bench - 185 x 8, 175 x 8, 175 x 10, 155 x 7
I. Bench - 3 sets of 8 @ 135
I. flyes - 4 sets of 8 w/ 25's
Flat DB Bench - 2 sets of 8 w/ 45's
Crossovers - 2 sets of 8 single armed @ 25. 2 sets of 8 normal @ 50
Peck-deck - 3 sets of 10 @ 70

Strength was up, first time I've ever repped 185 for 8, felt awesome!
Stamina was definitly up. Pump was INCREDIBLE! I think this was due to doing partial reps on the presses. I use to lock out at the top of every rep but I decided to give the partial reps a shot and there not too bad.

bcaa's during workout as always. Immediatly PWO protein shake and green mag.

30 minutes later chicken breast, mashed potatos, corn and carrots.

BigJack87

Awards
Ok so I didn't do sh*t over halloween weekend!

I know between the travelin' and partyin' I didn't eat anywhere near enough fri/sat/sun but I'm back on track today and no more parties till new years so a good two more months to hit the gym without any interruptions.

Arms in 2 hours.

BigJack87

Awards
Just weighed. 170.

I do look leaner than last thursday so alot of what I lost over the weekend was probably mostly water.

Just want to be clear I really did not do ANYTHING in terms of lifting over the weekend. I didn't lift, take whey, eat hardly anything, didn't take prime, or green mag, or bcaa's. Nothing. I basically stopped everything cold turkey for 3 days.

But to still be up 10 lbs from a month ago I'm pretty happy about that!

A little note about prime. Even though my strength has been up the #1 thing I'm noticing is the stamina and recovery between sets... which is what leads to the extra strength. Say your on your 3rd set of bench, instead of pushin' 155 for 8 your recovery is up so you push 175 for 8. So my favorite thing about prime is the stamina and recovery time... its f*cking awesome. And with those two things comes being able to push up heavier weight.

And I've got 2 more months of this :)!!!!

Lets see, arms last night.

Overhead Extensions - 3 sets of 8 @ 25
Pulldowns - 3 sets of 8 @ 120
Close-grips - 3 sets of 6 @ 150
BB Curls - 3 sets of 8 @ 80
Cable Hammer Curls - 3 sets of 8 @ 50

Finished with a set of Death Curls for 7 @ 45. You bring the bar up untill your forearms are parallel w/ the ground 3 times and then hold for 3 seconds at the top of the 3rd one. thats 1 rep of death curls, repeat however many reps.

Also burnt my forearms out with behind the back wrist curls, 37 (good form not goin' crazy like alot of ppl) reps @ 45.

Today is the start of week 5 and now through week 8 I'm going to switch the routine up to a 5 x 5

Todays legs and bc my extension thing is broken I can't do extensions or leg curls! squats, lunges, and calf raises will have to suffice.

Legs in 2 hours.

BigJack87

Awards
Legs from tuesday

Squats - 185 x 5, 205 x 5, 255 x 5, 275 x 5, 295 x 5, 310 x 5
Lunges - 3 sets of 10 @ 135
Calf Raises - 3 sets of 10 @ 135

Chest from thursday (set 3 personal records on D. Bench set after set after set! and a new PR on I. Bench. Marked in red)

D. Bench - 185 x 5, 190 x 5, 195 x 5, 205 x 4, 185 x 5
I. Bench - 135 x 5, 145 x 5, 145 x 5, 145 x 5, 135 x 5
I. Flyes - 2 sets of 5 w/ 35's. 3 sets of 8 w/ 25's
Peckdeck - 5 sets of 5 @ 90
Flat DB Bench - 2 sets of 5 w/ 45's Couldn't do another set my chest was to fatigued

Friday was rest.

Back later today

BigJack87

Awards
Update pics!!

Just want to note that since starting prime there has not been a week where I havn't added weight to my bench press. Pretty excited about that!

So heres the update pics for 4 weeks in....

My abs are totally missing in the 1st one due to the combination of lighting and not flexing them. Flexed in the 2nd one. Any suggestions on what to work more, delts? upper chest? Pick 'em apart people!

Attachments

cloc

cloc

Awards
  • Established
deff see improvement very good i would say you need to improve chest i feel that heavy dips and bench improved my chest dramatically but most would suggest incline presses but i have an injury that really prevents me from doing any incline pressing and most flat pressing now so decline/lower pec training is my only choice

BigJack87

Awards
Thanks bud.

I think I'm gonna start hittin' chest twice a week starting the 16th. Mondays and Thursdays.

I havn't been feelin' that great the past couple days, alot of people around here are starting to come down with stuff as its gettin' colder. I didn't work back this week, feel kind of guilty but oh well....

Just gotta keep eatin' big and takin' the supps and the gains will come.

Arms tomorrow.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Lookin good man!

I would suggest workin on that upper chest a bit with some heavy incline sets. Basically do your 6rm for 3 or 4 sets of 8. Make yourself do it!

Also could use some thickness on that back. Add in some heavy high rep BB rows OH and UH grips. They are the best. Weighted chins are also really good too.

Keep up the good work man, keep in mind overworking doesn't do anything for you. You need rest and recovery more than anything.

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great advice in here! Looking forward to see your progress on the chest - keep on killing it :thumbsup:

//CC

BigJack87

Awards
Blackjack I hear ya on the incine sets, gonna start my chest days off on those so I'm fresh when I do 'em.

And thank CC I'm lookin' foreward to it myself actually :)

Legs in 30

BigJack87

Awards
Ok havn't updated in awhile. I don't remember what all I did on legs after the last update. worked chest the next day. off over the weekend hit chest again monday bench was up another 10 lbs and rested on tuesday.

Gonna try to hit back today. My main problem is I've been so freaking busy I can't find time to pound food!

Current weight 170. I know I can get 180 by christmas! Got to!

I've got alot of time consuming things comming up though, its gonna be rough, slowly but surely I'll get there though!! Just kinda writing this out to solidfy it in my head. Kind of pump myself up mentally I guess. I'm tired of being 170. I'm tired of being small, just gotta eat more food! Gotta eat big to get big! Hell yeah!

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok havn't updated in awhile. I don't remember what all I did on legs after the last update. worked chest the next day. off over the weekend hit chest again monday bench was up another 10 lbs and rested on tuesday.

Gonna try to hit back today. My main problem is I've been so freaking busy I can't find time to pound food!

Current weight 170. I know I can get 180 by christmas! Got to!

I've got alot of time consuming things comming up though, its gonna be rough, slowly but surely I'll get there though!! Just kinda writing this out to solidfy it in my head. Kind of pump myself up mentally I guess. I'm tired of being 170. I'm tired of being small, just gotta eat more food! Gotta eat big to get big! Hell yeah!
Thats the no.1 rule!! Keep on growing man :)

//CC