College Athletes ACL reconstruction Recovery

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
This log is dedicated solely to my return to college football following an acl reconstruction within the next two weeks with a hamstring graft. I have been on AM for about a little over two years now and have logged a bunch of products and my offseasons, but this will be by far the most detailed and important log so far. I will do whatever it takes to return to football after losing the game last wed in practice. I have been real down the last week and a half feeling sorry for my self...but never again. I lifted upper body today and though i cant walk and am on crutches im gonna push it.

Before the injury i was 6-1 246 and i know i will lose weight in the recovery but i want to get everything back and then some after. I just wanted to know if anyone on here has any advice for me as far as recovery and PT. I will take or do anything to get back to the game and this includes gear as I will be medically redshirted and safe.

I will detail all of my workouts on here, physical therapy, notes and supplements. I have sent PM's to a number of companys to see if any of them would care to sponsor an acl recovery and truly put the recovery aspect of their products to the test. I have yet to get anything back but will try anything.

Thanks in advance AM community for the help.

heres a pic of the shredded acl....i have yet to meet with the surgeon to see if theres meniscus damage but here ya go .....

Attachments

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
thanks no prob, its hard as heck to read an mri

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
Ive been doing a ton of research on the rehab and it seems like the recovery is set up in a number of phases. I wana this surgery as soon as possible hopefully next week ut prob the following. I will be in the gym from the second i can be doing upper body stuff. As of right now I am planning on starting a 1-t 6 week cycle after phase I. What do you guys think?

Phase I (weeks 0-4)
-Working on acheiving ROM
-Stationary bike after two weeks
-Minimize swelling
-Very basic excercises to regain strength in leg

Phase II (week 4-8)
-Squats, Lunges
-Continue bike with no resistance
-Normal activties and gait

Phase III (week 8-16)
-Elliptical to stair master to backwards jogging
-Begin forward jogging very slowly

Phase IV (month 4-6)
-Work on Strengthening
-Jumping
-ACL prevention program

Phase V (move to full activity)

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
My right leg is severely atrophied and smaller than it was. when do u guys thing the best time for a prohormone would be in recovery to get my leg back?

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
OCTOBER 4

INTRO

Today is sunday the fourth of october. I will be getting ACL surgery on wed sometime to reconstruct my knee. I think I am deciding on a hamstring graft for the replacement of the ACL. The mri revealed no meniscal damage but that will not be definint until the arthroscopy is done. As of monday I was off cructhes and walking around in the brace. I still have a very difficult time locking my leg out when i walk and really have not been able to at all. The doc says it becuase of the bone bruising. However, i have been doing abs everyday since the injury and super light leg press, adduction, abduction and leg curls. I have done a few upper body lifts on the machines but nothing to serious. I hurt my left pec last December and Im gonna give it this time to hopefully finally heal so I can recover completly fresh.

I will start lifting upper body as soon as physically able. I will start PT the morning after surgery and i will do it as many hours as humanly possible. I know there is an off chance i can come back in six months for spring ball, but I dont think I want to push it.

GOALS

Before I had hurt my knee I had outlined goals i wanted to accomplish before the next year and I think they may have been to low and especially now that I will be using some gear. I had really looked forward to this offseason as the first one withou an injury and now its the worst. Freshman I broke my Jaw got a hernia and tore my hammy, Sophmore i tore my hammy and pec and this year ACL. I think though with my focus now 150% on ball they are still acheivable.

Weight 235-245 Prior 245
Squat 500+ PR 540
Mile 6:00 PR 6:26
Bench 360 PR 300-2
40 yd 4.80
Vert 31.0 PR 28.5
300 yd shuttle 59.0 avg PR 60.5 avg
Clean 300-4 PR 275-3
Arms 18.0 PR 17.25
Pro Agility 4.70 PR terrible

CHANGES

Improve Blocking Footwork and stance
Improve Confidence
Improve recovery (icing, rest, strecthing overall mobility, sleep)
Improve cardio and do more sprints
Go 150 percent on all running workouts
More abs

SUPPLEMENTS the fun stuff

this year will include just about everything i can do.....and any more if sponsors want me to

-PP 1-t
-Testosterone Recovery Stack
-Dermacrine
-Tribulus
-P slin and Anabolic Pump
-Bulk Creatine mono
-Bulk beta alanine
-Bulk citruline malate
-NO xplode
-Waxy Maize
-Scivation Whey
-Multi 32 X
-Fish oil
-Sustain Alpha
-Xtend
-RPM
-ZMA

Then on top of all that I need to decide on a PH cycle for the spring. I was think two bottles of 1-andro, 4 ad and AROM X by AMS or Havoc or maybe the 1-t again if its good. I dunno...any suggestions?

DIET

Hopefully next semster i will be off the meal plan. I plan to eat around 4,000 calories every day. On off days more like 3,500 and on hard days more like 4,100. The composition on hard days to light days will differ in amount of carbs, but protein will stay around 330g and fat around 170g. I will try and eat clean as hell and am hoping to cook all my chicken and beef myslef next semester. Main staples will be beef, chicken, flour, olive oil, greens, oatmeal, wheat bread/ pasta and eggs.

TRAINING

Tarining is going to differ a lot with my recovery. i will post later where i wanted to be. Its an awesome football routine. I do two days a week of bodybuilding..ussually chest and high back and bis and then the other days are either running, neck abs or a combination of full body lifts/ legs and agilities/speed work.

OVERALL

I just wana get back to the game that I love and have a good surgery and quick recovery. I will everything I can to acheive my goals and will push it in the gym, in the training room, in PT and in my room at night strecthing. I will post as much as I can. I will put the aweful post surgery pics up and progress pics. Please gimme some feedback on help and PH cycles and such....Thanks

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
Day 1

Had surgery yesterday....went perfect the doc said. Used hamstring graft. My knee hurts like hell now. Went to PT this morning and had about 30 degrees of motion. She said my leg muscles were real good for the first day. Gave me leg lifts, leg slides, calf pumps and quad sets. She said i should walk within four weeks...would have been 2 but had small lateral meniscus tear.

They dont want me lifting upper body til i can walk so this is gonna suck. Think im gonna go 3 weeks to get back a bit and then take the 1=T after i can walk. As of right now the excercies are real hard and im stuck in bed peeing in a bucket.......

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
Day 2

Went to PT in the afternoon....did some more stuff. Did leg raises and then side leg raises to each side. Did these knee bends where you shake knee to get a start on breaking down scar tissue. Also did leg hangs on my belly to strecth out knee. Did some hamstring stretching and the PT stretched my hammy at the end. Went on bike and moved leg back and forth but could not get rotation. Had 85 degrees of bending as opposed to 40 the previous day.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
Day 3

Did the same stuff today. Could not repeat excercises last nite as i got a fever and felt like i was gonna die. went to gym today and was on the bike again. It hurt like a mother f**ker but i got three full rotations backwards. Gonna do the stuff three times today. Really trying to get my knee to fully flex

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
Day 4 and 5

Real Crappy days. Had off and on fevers and just felt like death. Did not make much progress but continued to do excercises. Almost passed out again at PT yesterday. I have probablly lost forty pounds from the day i tore it up. This recovery sucks. My shin is swollen and real painful. I would not wish this on my worst enemy....this is terrible.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
Day 6

Felt better. Went to PT and added some more excercises. Been doing quad squeezes with the stim machine hooked up in 10 second interavls. Did some seated leg bends. Was on my stomache and did some assisted hamstring curls....obviously no weight. The PT had me putting more weight on my leg and using it more on the crutches. She manually strethced my leg which makes my quad hurt like hell. I also stood at the edge of the table and moved my weight from leg to leg. It kinda sucks though as my hamstring is not working at all. I cant even pick my leg which is kinda depressing.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
Day 7 Week 1 Recap

Acl surgery sucks

I hope i picked the right graft and everything goes well. I have about 100 degrees of bend right now and super soreness in my quad when i do that. I just started trying to sleep on my side again last nite and showered today for the first time which was great. When I stand right now I am unable to bend my leg as my hamstring doesnt work. I still get a lot of pain in my high calf from the graft removal and my shin is still real swollen as is my quad. I think some of swelling is pooling in my butt as the spot where i tore my hammy way up high is getting sore.....could also be a result of the graft.

I feel a million times better today than sunday and stopped taking the pain killers after day 5. Hopefully I will start walking in three weeks and when i go to see the doc on monday i will be ahead of schedule. Good luck to anyone who is thinking of getting this done....its rough and I would not have been able to get through the first week without great support.

When i took a shower i looked in the mirror for the first time in a week. I hope i did not lose too much weight becuase I still do not look like I have any less bodyfat. If anything I feel like i got fatter which I dont think is possible without eating much. My body looks like sh"t though and i have a long way to go.

I also wanted to add in that i have been almost unable to regulate my own body temperature. Either im super cold or burning up. I also lose my breath taking a piss....where did my wind go?

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
Day 7

Did all the excercies on my own...no PT appt. today. I went out to fridays and had a bad meal and a coke. From here its all + and i will never do that again. It was the last meal. Its werid though...ever since i stopped having four scoops of protein a day and eating so much for three years straight without a break my sense of taste is like a million times stronger. Im having a tough time bringing myself to eat the grilled chicken and crap i used to eat.

I had to keep my leg up at dinner and sat in a chair for the first time for about an hour. This really tightened up my hamstring and its quite painful. Hope i didnt do any damage. Im just gonna let it be and not stretch it at all. Ill talk to PT tommorow.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
Day 8, 9, 10

On day 8 i met with the PT for the fifth time. Added a bunch of new stuff. Did lateral and linear wabble board, band behind knee extensions, weighted leg raises with 2 lbs, rope round foot knee bends, calf raises, and hamstring strecthes to stretch the knee capsule. Felt a little better after getting more excercises. Im gonna make sure to try and get as much flexion this weekend as possible before i see the doc and new PT. I did the same excercises yesterday and today and am really trying to get where I need to be. I can wait to be able to lift again.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
Day 11

ROM is still pretty painful past 90 in the quad but i think its getting easier to get to 90. My quad has shrunk so much and my hamstring still doesnt work. Feeling better though and heading back to school tommorow.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
Day 12

Met with the PT at school and the doctor again. Bend was about ninety. I am kinda pissed because my brace was locked out when it should not have been and my swelling was kinda bad. Should have communicated with the PT at home. The doc said the repair went great and that I think he removed 10 percent of my lateral meniscus but im not sure.

Day 14

Went to PT again and went on a special bike that can change its pedals based on how much bend you have. I was measured at 90 today and and rode the bike for 10 minutes, did leg raises with a 1-1/2 pound ankle weight on and tried to do leg curls prone. I had rear leg lifts also added in. Im feeling better everyday and have been taking 3 motrin and 1 fish oil in the morning and night. I sleep with the cryocuff on to try and get some swelling down.

I am hoping I will be back to walking in about 2 weeks and can get back in the gym. Everyone has been saying how skinny I am and i lost 25-30 pounds since being hurt five weeks ago. Im about 215 now and just look like absolute crap. My plan is to lift upper and abs for three weeks...hopefully put on 5-7 pounds and then start the 1-t/sustain alpha and hopefully put another 8-10 on.

My spirits get better everyday. I have been making progress on my wall slides and got my hamstring to contract a bit today. Once i can walk i will start protein again and finally be able to go to the caf and eat like normal...

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
not a lot of posts on here.....and not a lot of help from companys ive asked for help. You think a company would help out a college athlete with a log sponsor way before some nerdy guy who sits at his computer all day and says things like "cardio", "lift or die", "ectomorph" and just thinks he knows what pushing it really is.....Cmon give me a break. I would greatly appreciate help...but will post anyway as I like keeping track.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
Day 16

Felling a lot better. Up to 108 degrees today they measured me at. got a lot more hamstring firing and bending. Just need to get the swelling and stability back. I feel real unstable when doing calf raises. My calf also is real paiful and doesnt feel good.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Still following along Pav; glad to hear the recovery is coming along well. Don't push yourself too hard and hurt something now! My roommate just went in for an MRI to see if he tore his ACL, so he might be in a similar boat.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
hey,

thanks for following man. Good luck to your roomate....this aint a lot of fun. Im going at it hard but doing everything the PT says and nothing more. I think im ahead of schedule as far as bending goes so hopefully I will be walking and in the gym in two weeks. I cant wait to start eating and lifting again....Im a skeleton at 215!!!!

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
Day 18

Knee is a little less stiff this morning. Felling better and doing more and more excercise and getting better with everything. I just dont know when its to much...def gonna talk to the PT about that. Less than two weeks until i can lift again....yes!!

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
Day 19

Went to PT today. I feel like they dont understand the type of athelete i am and the PT is way to easy. I wana do more. I went on the special bike for 10 minutes which was easy. The trainer at school measured me at 110-112 today which isnt bad, but full flexion for me is around 147 which is a big jump. They want me there by six weeks so that is roughly 1.5 degrees a day until then. Im still on the cructhes and i really wana get off them...i have been walking around a bit without them with the brace. My quad is still tiny and weak, but my hammy is making progress as far as bending goes. Im gonna do some more stuff tonite and then go in the pool tommorow i think. We shall see.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
Day 20

Walked around a bunch today without the crutches!! I did my excercises as ussual in the training room, but then went in the pool and did some more stuff. I walked in the pool trying to get rid of the gate and also did a bike thing hanging onto the wall. My hamstring curls are better today and i think i have more range of motion. I did not get measured, but i think its better. We shall see tommorow. Oh and yeah i lifted today. Crappy lift but the first one back. I was 221 with my shoes, sweathirt and brace....so down about 30.

INCLINE MACHINE PRESS 40-20 50-15 60-10 70-6
TRICEP EXTENSION 90-15 100-15 110-15 120-15
MACHINE OVERHEAD PRESS 30-10 40-15 50-15 60-15
FLY MACHINE 25-15 40-15 55-15
NECK MACHINE 30-10 40-10 50-10
MACHINE SHOULDER RAISE 40-10 50-15 60-15

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Sounding good. Keep up the progress :thumbsup: It might not help you, but my roommate ended up just having a bone contusion, and is free from surgery. A bit of PT, but otherwise he was a happy guy.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
Thanks man...yeah i just feel like my PT is not pushing me hard enough and treating me like just some 90 year old knee reconstruction pateint.

Bone bruising is the worst part of my knee injury actually as far as pain goes. You should really be able to walk after tearing ure acl fine but i couldnt cuz i had huge bone bruising. Its real painful...good luck to ure roomate..after two weeks he should be back to 90 percent and after 5-6 a hundred perecnt.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
Day 20 Measurements

Everything is Crazy smaller

R foreram flexed 14.0
L foreram flexed 13.25

L calve flexed 16 10/16
R calve flexed 16.0 swollen

R thigh just above knee seated 18 2/16
L 18

L leg quad flex 24 11/16
R leg quad same spot 22.25

R bicep flexed 16 5/16
L bicep flexed 16.0

Chest 43 6/16 not flexed

These measurements are terrible. My biceps both shrunk an inch and i dont even wana get started on my quads.....

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
Day 21

Went to PT today and increased the degree on the bike. However they only measured me at 108 which kinda sucks as on day 19 i was at about 110-112. Its okay though...making progress everyday. I officailly got rid of the cructhes today and damn is my leg sore. My achiles and calf are so sore. After PT in the afternoon I went back at nite and went on the seated stationary bike and rode it a bit with the seat high at 9. No resistance...just fifiteen minutes. Ive been doing my excercises at nite time to and i think im getting a little bit of my quad back.

I am going to do back tommorow in the gym and am hoping there will be some way i can do some pull ups. My shoulders are very sore from yesterday and my left shoulder is especially sore. Have been eating a bit more and will start protein shakes tommorow so well see where the weight is at.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
Day 22 Rehab, Bike, Back, Abs, Neck 219.1

Measured me today at 108-110. Really need to work on loosening my outer hip. Went to the gym and did back before i did my PT stuff and also neck. I am gonna go back after dinner and do the bike and abs and PT stuff again. I am able to go up stairs no problem so far but cant go down them with the good leg yet. I finally got a weight today without shoes or sweatshirt on and it is terrible and thats with the brace on. I have 23 pounds that need to be gained. I also feel like i look soft...my deit is gonna be as healthy as it can now be with the cafeteria. I had 44 grams of supplemental protein today and will do that again tommorow annd then the 88 the next day!!! May add in oatmeal again with breakfast.

T-BAR ROW 45-10 90-10 115-10 125-5 (1:30)
PULL UPS 5 6 7 (1:30)
PULL OVER 110-15 140-15 170-10 (1:30)
CLOSE GRIP PULL DOWN 85-10 115-10 145-10 (1:30)
4 WAY NECK MACHINE 40-10 50-10 60-10

This workout sucked as all my numbers are down so much and i was only able to do four back excercises and soft body bodybuilding ones at that. Did however get a pump which felt real good. Im gonna add creatine and glutamine tommorow until i take the 1-t on day 42. I will not load the creatine.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
Day 23 Rehab bike 218.8

Im really pissed about the weight....I have been eating more but it didnt go up so i need to eat even more. Its prob cuz i increased my intake yet at the same time went from lieing in bed to working on my knee four hours a day. I went down stairs today for the first time and worked on locked my leg out at the top of going up stairs. My leg is feeling better. I did about ten minutes on the horizontal bike and then went on the uprite for ten with some resistance. I went back to do the same thing after my first dinner but only did five minutes cause i had to leave early. The trainers added a band excercise for locking my leg out. Walking is getting better and my gait is going away....just gotta get my leg muscles back and upper body. Tommorow im gonna do rehab neck, abs and thats it and then sunday some biceps. I had the seat at nine today on the upright bike and wana lower it tommorow.

I got measured however at about 120 today which is awesome. Just need to get to 147. Its a slow process but gonna get back to 240 and deisel in no time hopefully. My back and arms are kinda sore from yesterday though. Gonna eat some eggs now and then do some PT abs and sleep and then do it again tommorow and hopefully add more bike and resistance.....

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
Day 24 Rehab, Neck, Abs

Weighed in this morning and was real light. I went on the bike for twenty minutes this morning with some resistance and did the four way neck before our game. I stood for like three hours today and my knee is real sore. I didnt do as much pt stuff as i have been doing because it was tight. I have however been going up stairs better and got cleared to drive today....Tommoroww will be biceps and bike and a lot of rehab and hopefully some time for homework..............

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
Just ordered a knee supplement off of custom capsule that i made!! Gonna use that for twelve weeks and see how it makes me feel....some cissus, msm, chondroiton and glucosamine.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
Day 25 221.6 Rehab, Bike, Abs

Went on the bike for twenty before and increased the resistance a bit. I am happy to see the weight over 220 so now only about 20 more pounds to go. I feel that last time i was 240+ i was quite soft. I really wana put emphasis on eating healthy and NEVER cheating with sweets or crap. Im hoping to be up to about 225ish in two+ weeks when i start 1-t.

However i lifted biceps today and boy was it sh#tty for the first time back to arms. My arms are not used to the beating or hypertophy. I also have been taking 3 ibuprofen in the morning and at nite which may be killing my lifts. Im gonna stop taking that in lou of my custom capsule joint support i made.

CABLE CURL 12.5-20 17.5-20 20-15 25-15
PRACHER BARB CURL 45-15 50-15 55-15 55-8 DROP 45-10
ZOTTOMAN DB CURL 20-20 22.5-11 20-10 20-10
4 PART WALL CURL 10-40
FOREARM CURL 75-20 75-20 75-20

An overall terrible lift with terrible numbers...Im gonna do neck tommorow and a lot of abs and maybe more bike and some abs tonite after dinner. My butt hurts so bad sitting on the bike though...so uncomfortable

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
Did the bike for another 20 and a tiny bit of abs. I think my knee blew up a bit and was kinda hurting on the way back on the outside bottom of my knee cap. Im really trying to get my gait back but my leg doesnt have the snap my other one has when i walk. I am not gonna do any PT stuff tonite but just rest and ice and i took ibuprofen and some fish oil. Tommorow is physical therapy and neck and abs. My right hip flexor has been kinda sore and crappy lately probablly because my hamstring really doesnt work. Tuesday will be chest as im giving the full week to get to 100 percent after the first workout and im gonna do flat bench and take some NO xplode. Hopefully it isnt complelty embarrassing......

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
Day 26 Abs, Bike, PT

Weighed in today a little less than yesterday so doubled up at dinner. PT was okay today and they measured me at 122 degrees which they said was real good. However i still can really lock my leg out on step ups. My PT is a really nice lady but she knows no where near as much as my team back home.

My biceps today are hella sore from yesterday. Tommorow im gonna do neck, chest, tris and shoulders and bench and hope my shoulder and pec dont bother me. I took ibuprofen tonite but will not tommorow. Im gonna start some NO xplode tommorow and hope my custom capsules come in soon. Im still sleeping with the cryocuff thing on. I just hope my chest workout tommrow is not to embarassing. Two weeks from wed ill be starting the 1-T!!

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
Day 27 Neck, PT, Bike, Chest, Tris, Shoulders 224.3 little bloated

I must preface this workout with the fact my 5 rep bench is down 90 pounds and i have absolutly no muscular endurance. I did the bike for liek 12 minutes today and then my a## really started to hurt and my good hamstring started getting tight. I then did my pt stuff and did the stick for the first time and went a little harder on hamstring curls. Now my middle mid hammy is sore when i walk and feels pretty ****. I hope its no pull but just aggarvation from the stick. I hope it feels much better tommorow. We shall see. My knee is feeling abit better i think but my quad is still tiny. I mayy not use the cryocuff tonite as i am running low on ice.

Doing the bike today my good hamstring got real tight. I had the bike a notch lower which was good i guess. I took no xplode for the first time today and again as usual three to four hours later my head feels like absolute crap.

BENCH PRESS (3-5) 135-12 175-12 205-6 205-4 200-5 195-5 155-10 145-7
DIPS(1:00) 5,4,4
MACHINE OVERHEAD PRESS 50-10 70-10 80-9 90-5
TRICEP EXTENSION 100-15 120-15 130-15 140-10 DROP (1:00)
SIDE RAISES 10-10 12.5-10 15-10 15-9 (1:00)
4 WAY NECK 60 70 80

I hope my strength rebounds fast because that sucked and was terrible. Hopefully im real sore tommorow in a good way and my hamstring feels better. I do not need another obstacle in my way especially now that i need to progress

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
Day 28 PT

Went to Pt today...went on the bike did my excercises and then added 20 sec leg balance, light leg press and calve raises on the leg press machine. I will do the same thing on day 29 and will do back, abs and probably not neck as its pretty sore. All of my time has been consumed eating, doing PT and school and i have been doing a lot of eating. I havent added oatmeal in the morning but i may soon enough....prob tommorow.

I have received a log of the new ragnorak and wil move my log there soon

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
ACL reconstruction. Brings back memories. I had a great therapist. He was was an all-star running back for Ohio State. He blew out both knee's, and was no longer able to play. He pushed me, and I had a hella fast recovery.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
yeah ive been going as hard as i possibly can. my knee feels good, but boy does my hamstring hurt

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
I think it was like a year before I could remotely put pressure on that knee, kneeling down.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
Ouch. Well the first surgeon that was going to do the operation, wanted to go that route. I didn't mind. One of his colleagues he was bring in to assist, is/was the orthopedic surgeon for the FL Panthers. I was worried, but felt in good hands. I ended up changing jobs just before the surgery, so it didn't get done.

After my full benefit's kicked in with the new job, I'm finally found another OS, Dr. Mead. The guy is phenomenal. He videoed the operation for me, so I could see what he was doing in my knee. Two weeks after my surgery, he did a double knee replacement on my mom. We both had the same therapist. Supporting each other through those days of pt was a must.

I can remember how my leg looked after surgery. WoW....all messed up, and colorful.

Still pretty much for a couple of weeks a year, I get some wicked pain in that knee.

Alright enough of my rambling....I wish you a speedy recovery!!!!!

My brother is recovery from surgery yesterday. He ruptured his distal bicep tendon. 6in cut on the inside of his arm to reconnect the bicep. He'll be in a cast for 6-7 weeks.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
yeah the guy who did mine is the second oppionon doc for the nfl players assocaition. He went with the hamstring becuase thats what he has been doing. I feel like the pateller lets u do more hamstring strengthening and stuff much quicker but ure knee hurts...while with the hamstring ure knee doesnt really hurt but ure hamstring doesnt really work for a while. I dunno both have there ups and downs. i hope to have mostly ups and play next year....