A weekend warrior's quest for the epi -- my 1st cycle

pcproffy

Awards
Not going to be a ton of solid info here but take it for what its worth. I'm finishing up the 5th week of epi pulse. Using the EFX NP brand epi, great price! Think I'll run one more week and finish with 2 week novedex xt.

Background: Long time athlete including college level track. Now I'm 31, 6'2 and 215 @ 25-30% bf. Horrible diet and heavy drinking the last couple years. I've played basketball 1/week and lifted 1/month.

Cycle Goal: Jumpstart a return to physical fitness.

Longterm Goal: Drop 30-40 lbs of fat and add 10-20 lbs muscle. I'm planning on a strong lean look like a basketball or tennis player.

Dosing epi: 10/20/30 to the end. I'm a little fluid here as sometimes I'd take 20mg the day after my hardest workouts for recovery. So I was dosing 4-5 days per week. First day I dosed I felt warm like it was having some thermogenic effect. Muscles feel a little tight if I dose even if I don't workout.

Workouts: Usually 2 lifting sessions and 1-2 cardio days per week. Typical cardio workouts are 80 mins basketball actual court time, a 4 mile walk, 4 mile hike with 1000 ft elevation gain, or 30 mins eliptical. Don't dis the walking. 4 miles/day = 1 lbs fat / week

First 2 weeks I did more of a 1 set full body lifting circuit. Week 3 I started getting some great focused and heavy lifts in, 1 upper body and 1 lower body per week. Upper body has had great recovery. Lower body has taken a beating. I'm probably just used to punishing my legs harder from my track background. Abductors and Adductors got sore! Yeah I do those chick machines for that :)

Diet: Much improved. I've cut my drinking to usually just 1 night a week, I used to drink at least a 12 pack per week. Only had 2 beers this week just to be social. I'm often getting 4 or more servings of fruits and vegetables. A favorite post workout meal is a stir fry: chicken breast, snow peas, onion, carots, red bell pepper.

Sides: Minimal. Maybe a little oily skin but nothing bad. Still get morning wood. Orgasm can take 30 minutes non stop action but I think that might be from starting prozac just a week before my cycle :p

Results: Think I lost 2lbs the first 2 weeks and then leveled out. I feel I'm leaning out but added muscle is offsetting the weight. Seem to be gaining some upper body definition, some slight slimming in the waist. Keep in mind I'm kind of a blob to begin with. If I had cut out drinking completely I probably would have lost another 1-2 pounds already.

Conclusion: I know I'll see results without the epi but the mental boost, real or not, is valuable. I'm hoping for Epi to provide some extra fat loss. I'm hoping the ATD will give some extra fat burning too. I've gained strength, consistently exercised for 5 weeks, improved my diet and cut my drinking. I'll run October clean and try another cycle to end the year.

I took before pictures and measurements. I'll probably post some afters at year end when the results will be more significant.

pcproffy

Awards
Did a killer upper body workout on Sunday. My arms felt like popeye and I was worried my forearms might explode! Felt great. Decent recovery after just a day but I can tell there will be some soreness on Tuesday. Arms still have some increased volume at 24 hours.

Some have mentioned getting squirts from epi. I thought my problem was maybe from the diet change and getting more fruits and veggies than I'm used to. Now I'm thinking it could really just be the epi. Do most of the orals seem to do this?

pcproffy

Awards
PCT info:

Started on the Novedex XT less than a week ago. I'm taking 1 at breakfast and 1 in the evening.

Hunger is down now that I"m off the Epi. Had 3 cardio days in a row. I wanna get this damn fat off!

Day 3--Went on a date and there are no problems in the libido department!
Day 4--Great sex with the ex. Couldn't sleep though because I was hard all night.

I don't know if its the Novedex but I feel like I have the hormones of a teenager! I thought people reported the opposite problem with Novedex. Maybe I just feel good from working out 3-4 times a week.

pcproffy

Awards
I'm happy with my results but can't say its from the Epi. With such a poor starting point I was bound to improve. But that doesn't matter its still results.

I've increased all my weights about 20% and still added total reps, such as by adding an extra set. For instance I went from about 40 to 55lbs each hand on dumbbell bench. 100 to 135 on leg curls and extensions. I know I'm not pushing tons of weight but be nice!

I'm seeing a little upper body definition even with all of my fat :)

Not as much weight loss as I hoped but that's ok if its because of added muscle. I did a 3 day eating log so I know I've kept my calories below maintenance.

Glad at least one person commented!

Jaryu

Jaryu

Awards
I'm happy with my results but can't say its from the Epi. With such a poor starting point I was bound to improve. But that doesn't matter its still results.

I've increased all my weights about 20% and still added total reps, such as by adding an extra set. For instance I went from about 40 to 55lbs each hand on dumbbell bench. 100 to 135 on leg curls and extensions. I know I'm not pushing tons of weight but be nice!

I'm seeing a little upper body definition even with all of my fat :)

Not as much weight loss as I hoped but that's ok if its because of added muscle. I did a 3 day eating log so I know I've kept my calories below maintenance.

Glad at least one person commented!
Congratulations on your current results. Just like how Rome wasn't build in a day it will take some more time before you get to where you want to be at and I see you understand that quite well.

Out of curiosity, have you been keeping a workout log or just going by feel? I mention this cause I've noticed that I personally get much more result when I can compare my current workout with the same one from the week before and know how much more I can push myself.

Anyways, congrats and keep it up.

pcproffy

Awards
I just have a workout focus like today is upper body. Then I hit the gym and do whatever my body can handle. So far every week I've been able to either add weight, reps, or both.

I agree with you on logging but I think it won't matter so much until I start to plateau. I'm always changing the order of my routine, and free weights vs machines, makes it a little harder to track short term results.