~LG33's long run Journey to somewhere~ - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

~LG33's long run Journey to somewhere~

Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last
  1. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.
    Answers

i buy 73/27 ground beef. i like the extra calories. i'm a calorie whore.

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by suncloud View Post
    i buy 73/27 ground beef. i like the extra calories. i'm a calorie whore.
    Is that chuck? I've never noticed chuck to be that much cheaper than what I buy, so I just go for the 93/7 and get my fats from the other sources. Resolve just gave me a recipe for "Flax Bread" which is great stuff to add in to a keto diet. Only ~1g of CHO/slice.
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.
    Answers

you should move to cali then 73/27 i can find in bulk for 99 cents per pound. 93/7 is 3.99 a pound...
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Lungz View Post
    Subscribed!

~ Iron
    Team NUTRA (Gooooooo team!)

I crack myself up!
    It begins! hahaha thanks for coming in bro
  5. Elite Member
    Answers

Well I just picked up 96/4 leen beef..1.44lb cost me 4.35.. serving size is 4oz, i just dd the conversion and I have 23oz's.. Irish, you said you can get 3 meals out of it? how much do you buy lb wise? Im thinking this should be plenty to bring to work tonight.. well, my hungry ass already took a few bites
  6. Elite Member
    Answers

WTF! how lucky is this dude...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ABGIJwiGBc"]YouTube - Guy hit in head with .50 caliber ricochet[/ame]
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.
    Answers

I feel your pain with this no carb thing. I had to drop my addiction to Dr. Pepper the first time I did the Atkin's diet. Plus my wife is Mexican so almost every meal there are tortillas, rice and beans involved. I think I stuck to that diet much better than I have on the calorie counting ones though and the diet worked well...until I started going back to carbs.

If I do it again I have less far to go to hit my goals and can use the workouts and cardio to burn off the carbs vs. sitting on my ass the way I used to!
  8. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Liftergym33 View Post
    Well I just picked up 96/4 leen beef..1.44lb cost me 4.35.. serving size is 4oz, i just dd the conversion and I have 23oz's.. Irish, you said you can get 3 meals out of it? how much do you buy lb wise? Im thinking this should be plenty to bring to work tonight.. well, my hungry ass already took a few bites
    Nah, I get about 2.20 meals out of 1.5lbs.
  9. Elite Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    Nah, I get about 2.20 meals out of 1.5lbs.
    Correct my if im wrong... its 4oz a serving 1.44 is 23oz's so @ 24g of protein per serving that comes out to 138g of protein, thats damm good..i ended up spliting it up to 3 meals at work tonight.. the nice thing is i only took in 6g of carbs today last nights work out and im about to go hit the gym again for tonight, all in all im feeling great today! i have some plans for this meat.. going to start to kick it up a knotch next week!

Bought my anouther Isopure today, chiiled orange or some ****...man im digging those..0 carbs and they tasts fantastic! but damm $$$$
  10. Elite Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Silver3CSRT8 View Post
    I feel your pain with this no carb thing. I had to drop my addiction to Dr. Pepper the first time I did the Atkin's diet. Plus my wife is Mexican so almost every meal there are tortillas, rice and beans involved. I think I stuck to that diet much better than I have on the calorie counting ones though and the diet worked well...until I started going back to carbs.

If I do it again I have less far to go to hit my goals and can use the workouts and cardio to burn off the carbs vs. sitting on my ass the way I used to!
    bro your in heaven! Mexican is on my top list of foods! well it was untill I started this.. how you did it bro, i'll never know total dedication! Im looking foward to next week for a tape and weigh in, as long as my weight stays the same but cut down on the tape it'll be worth it...maybe in 2-3 weeks i might see a little bump in my tummy
  11. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Answers

Correct my if im wrong... its 4oz a serving 1.44 is 23oz's so @ 24g of protein per serving that comes out to 138g of protein,
    That all changes after you cook it my friend. Weigh your food AFTER you cook it, drain it, and let the moisture evaporate. 4oz raw is NOT 4oz cooked. Huge difference.

Nice work on the 6g of carbs! That's awesome. Cheers to that!
  12. Elite Member
    Answers

That all changes after you cook it my friend. Weigh your food AFTER you cook it, drain it, and let the moisture evaporate. 4oz raw is NOT 4oz cooked. Huge difference.

Nice work on the 6g of carbs! That's awesome. Cheers to that!
    your right, i totally over looked that..,wtf was i thinking..
  13. Elite Member
    Answers

I can not low carb my diet, that is almost suicide for me LOL!
    doing my own thang!
  14. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by andrew732 View Post
    I can not low carb my diet, that is almost suicide for me LOL!
    I thought it would be too, but I'm actually enjoying it.
  15. Elite Member
    Answers

I thought it would be too, but I'm actually enjoying it.
    YA me to until I worked out fasted this morning, I had to go in early so I was like well.................. I hit single digit carbs yesterday, lets kick it up..RIGHT! fukc man I about died in the gym.. but very surprisingly I held on to my strength, but was only able to rep 230 for my last set 3 times had a tiny bit of help on the last rep.. all in all I would say that isn’t too bad. Could have been better, or id would have liked it to be..

Irish your doing fasted W/Os everyday? man...your super natural bro! hahahaha

I will say weighed in this am ..193 to the T, re taped and was at 33 3/4 on the waist re taped 2 more times and got the same..so 5 days in and 1/4 inch off, weight holding up, very cool.... I’m about to cook me up some beef baby, i'm just saying................lol
  16. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.
    Answers

Gnarly
    Body Performance Solutions
    Home: http://bpsnutrition.net/
    Facebook: @Body Performance Solutions
  17. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Answers

Yep, every training session is fasted. - Drink that BC+EAA boiiiiii!
  18. Elite Member
    Answers

Yep, every training session is fasted. - Drink that BC+EAA boiiiiii!
    yo crazy MOFO!... on another note, have you ever had bisson beef before? anyone for that matter?
  19. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Answers

Ya, I've had bison. It's good, but expensive.
  20. Elite Member
    Answers

yea that what I heard, more of a better taste.. I need to see what it goes for in my neck of the world..., I just did not want fork out some duckets$ if it taste like $hit.... but then again wouldnt be the first time
  21. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Answers

bison beef is awesome, I def. think it is the best tasting burger you will ever have. I also believe it has a huge amount of protein in it. I forget which one but I believe it's bison, buffalo, then venison on the scale of the highest counts of protein.
  22. Elite Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by loki515 View Post
    bison beef is awesome, I def. think it is the best tasting burger you will ever have. I also believe it has a huge amount of protein in it. I forget which one but I believe it's bison, buffalo, then venison on the scale of the highest counts of protein.
    right............ i looked it up; 96/4 beef is 24g of protein, 4g fat... bisson was like 28-29g for almost the same serving with a little less fat...
  23. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Answers

Keep in mind that you NEED the fat. You want a good bit of it throughout the day, otherwise that protein will be used for energy and that's not what you want.
  24. Elite Member
    Answers

Keep in mind that you NEED the fat. You want a good bit of it throughout the day, otherwise that protein will be used for energy and that's not what you want.

Ive been adding in extra virgin olive oil for fats, and cheese...you are right though..I just want to try it out, maybe it two meals a day... I like to through it in my egg omlets I make in the morning....try something different..
  25. Elite Member
    Answers

well its day # 6 and this morning is when I really seen changes...most of the change was in my abdominal area, so this will push me for another few weeks unless something else comes my way... I thought I would crash the first week, which happen the first go around of this, but it seems I'm more mentally focus now then I was before... I do have to go out this weekend and buy some food; maybe tomorrow the beef and chicken will be on sale! haha

I was looking at this one site for TKD/CKD diets and there calculator show I need almost 2000g of carbs on a refeed day; theres now way!..is there? im thinking it might be way off.. any input anyone? how does one really know when there body is in ketosis? i guess when you start leaning out....

Protein - 193 grams.
    Carbs - 1930-2316 grams.
    Fat - No more than 88 grams.

^^ this is what im getting for refeed/carb load days ..
  26. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Answers

Are you sure it's not 2000cals FROM carbs? = 500g?

I see most guys hit between 500-600g of carbs on refeed days.
  27. Elite Member
    Answers

Are you sure it's not 2000cals FROM carbs? = 500g?

I see most guys hit between 500-600g of carbs on refeed days.
    It could be but it doesnt say, but now that i really think about it and i do the simple math 4 cals come from 1g of carbohydrate, so there is room there..., but this says to start on a friday night and go till sunday, which in total it could be correct.. by why have a 3 day carb load?
  28. Elite Member
    Answers

I thought I ate a lot of carbs, LOL
    doing my own thang!
  29. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Answers

It could be but it doesnt say, but now that i really think about it and i do the simple math 4 cals come from 1g of carbohydrate, so there is room there..., but this says to start on a friday night and go till sunday, which in total it could be correct.. by why have a 3 day carb load?
    Start Friday, go through Saturday, and then use Sunday as a day to try to kick back into Ketosis faster. Do some fasted cardio and get back on your regular CKD diet.
  30. Elite Member
    Answers

Start Friday, go through Saturday, and then use Sunday as a day to try to kick back into Ketosis faster. Do some fasted cardio and get back on your regular CKD diet.

is there a way to really tell if your in ketosis?, I had my carb up day yeserday...damm it was good, cooking steaks and beef right now..4g carb day today.. next week i'll carb up, friday/saturday.
  31. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Answers

is there a way to really tell if your in ketosis?, I had my carb up day yeserday...damm it was good, cooking steaks and beef right now..4g carb day today.. next week i'll carb up, friday/saturday.
    You carbed up already? How long have you been on the diet?
  32. Elite Member
    Answers

You carbed up already? How long have you been on the diet?
    total of 8 days I started 2 days prior to the log, i only brought in about 125g of carbs yesterday..I had no choice, it was my anniversary it wasnt a real carb up day, but coming from single digits, it felt like it was...its more info for the prep next week..I was going to start next weekend but since i had carbs yesterday i might bump it out...but i did an ass load of cardio this morning, and yard work, so im sure i burnt through them already. im at 4 g of crabs for the day so far right now.
  33. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Answers

It's quite imperative to go 2 weeks without a high carb day at the beginning of the diet. You might have to consider yourself back at Square 1.

Happy Anniversary! I hope it was a good one.
  34. Elite Member
    Answers

It's quite imperative to go 2 weeks without a high carb day at the beginning of the diet. You might have to consider yourself back at Square 1.

ya think so? even at the amount i brought in? i kinda chalk it up to being CKD for 8 days then a big TKD for one day
  35. Elite Member
    Answers

Happy Anniversary! I hope it was a good one.
    11 years man! it was nice
  36. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Answers

ya think so? even at the amount i brought in? i kinda chalk it up to being CKD for 8 days then a big TKD for one day
    Hahah! Nice. - I don't know man, from what I'm told, it's real important to go for two full weeks without a refeed. You could be fine, but I'm not sure. 125g more than enough to throw your body out of ketosis.
  37. Elite Member
    Answers

Hahah! Nice. - I don't know man, from what I'm told, it's real important to go for two full weeks without a refeed. You could be fine, but I'm not sure. 125g more than enough to throw your body out of ketosis.
    I think i should be fine..I'll kno wlooks wise this week...but check it, im about to go pick up some more meats, im goona pick up some Bisson also , Oh and did i say relora? im just saying..hahaha, my luck now , they wont have it! will follow up..

Met...You've dosed Relora already...Im going start with 3 doses morning afternoon and mid evening..

Question is, Im going to pick up some Jack3d tomorrow, should i wait to take my 2nd dose untill after i work out? not sure if it wil counter act with a pre work out drink or not..
  38. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Answers

I think i should be fine..I'll kno wlooks wise this week...but check it, im about to go pick up some more meats, im goona pick up some Bisson also , Oh and did i say relora? im just saying..hahaha, my luck now , they wont have it! will follow up..

Met...You've dosed Relora already...Im going start with 3 doses morning afternoon and mid evening..

Question is, Im going to pick up some Jack3d tomorrow, should i wait to take my 2nd dose untill after i work out? not sure if it wil counter act with a pre work out drink or not..
    I bought a bunch of 90/10 ground sirloin today at $1.10 off per lb. Got it stock-piled in the freezer. Cashier asked me if I was having a cookout. Haha. - I told her to stfu and keep bagging...nah I'm just playing.

I don't think it will matter too much whether you take it before or after the workout. I don't see it effecting anything negatively. I'd probably do it beforehand. Keep the cortisol lower during the workout. It tends to boost up after an hour of hard lifting, so it should help keep it down.
  39. Elite Member
    Answers

I bought a bunch of 90/10 ground sirloin today at $1.10 off per lb. Got it stock-piled in the freezer. Cashier asked me if I was having a cookout. Haha. - I told her to stfu and keep bagging...nah I'm just playing.

I don't think it will matter too much whether you take it before or after the workout. I don't see it effecting anything negatively. I'd probably do it beforehand. Keep the cortisol lower during the workout. It tends to boost up after an hour of hard lifting, so it should help keep it down.

stfu and keep bagging... nice one..thats a killer price man!, my lady just looked at me funny...she was ugly anyways...Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.lol I just bought 2lbs of bisson, cost me almost 9$, 4.99lb.. I just cooked it up.. Its good, dont get me wrong, not that dam good for 5$ a lb.. picked up a few faimly sizes of 93/7, so that'll last me through the week, starting tuesday im going to start chopping of chicken and adding it in..

Bought the Relora, only size they had was 60ct bottles; so 3 a day, for 20 days lookign foward to it, i'll take it pre then, and see how it goes

theres this place having a wicked sale on the Isopures.. 20$ a case! gonna picked one or two up tomorrow with Jack3d pre to hitting the gym..

lol, stfu and keep bagging
  40. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Answers

$5/lb for bison actually doesn't sound bad. But ya, the taste doesn't make you think of running through fields of daisies or anything. - Bison is something I buy if (1) I want to feel baller, and (2) I'm able to make it effing delicious. Throw it on a whole wheat bun with some swiss cheese and a slice of pineapple. Yummmmm!

Man, I got some brown rice flour for my carb up day. I have to take pictures post workout, so I'm going to get some extra pumpage going at the gym, slam about 60g of brown rice flour and 60g WMS post-workout. - I can't wait until Friday!!!!

Oh, and for the cheat, I've got some delicious Dogfish Head 90 minute Imperial IPA. I don't know what I'm going to eat for dinner, but hopefully it involves fine wenches and potatoes!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. ~LG33 Back in town~
    By Liftergym33 in forum LG Sciences
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-04-2010, 04:23 AM
  2. Big thanks to LG33
    By flightposite in forum LG Sciences
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-26-2010, 08:46 AM
  3. ~LG33~ Goes Outlaw!
    By Liftergym33 in forum LG Sciences