SilentBob's Journey to January

Page 2 of 12 First 1234 ... Last

1. Damn i'm late, Steve. I think I subbed on another board, but not here. How dare I!!

You've really made some remarkable progress over the last year, buddy. Nice work!

Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

2. Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Damn i'm late, Steve. I think I subbed on another board, but not here. How dare I!!

You've really made some remarkable progress over the last year, buddy. Nice work!
    Danke John, just wait until I'm done.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
    •   

3. How's the road treating you, SB?

4. Quote Originally Posted by Iron Lungz View Post
    How's the road treating you, SB?
    I took yesterday as a day of excess as it was the first day of my vacation. Pancakes, pizza, it was bad. I got a run in last night but I felt like I was carrying around 10lb of sh*t in my gut...which probably isn't far from the truth.

I'm torn between which pack to pickup from Ranger Joe. Decisions, decisions.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!

5. Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob187 View Post
    I'm torn between which pack to pickup from Ranger Joe. Decisions, decisions.
    A few extra dollars is well worth it, trust me.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Iron Lungz View Post
    A few extra dollars is well worth it, trust me.
    Does the pack come with straps or do I need the rucksack frame? I sound like such a rookie. Looks like my boys are using ILBEs instead of MOLLEs but I practice is practice. I'm not spending 600 bucks on something I'll be receiving in a few months anyway. Also final question Fin, am I to be running with this pack loaded up (45lb) or should I just work on walking in my boots with this sucker?

I saw a guy wearing a Marines PT Grey and it made me upset. He had a gut hanging down. Had be been closer to the OSS or Recruiters I'm sure a Gunny woulda (or should anyway,) run out there and give him some lip.

Well I hit chest today and I'll update later with my diet as well. It was a successful workout.
    WHITE WHALE!

7. The straps come with the model that I suggested; however, many buy the frame because they have weak backs... do you have a weak back?
    No running, just walking at a constant pace for miles, and miles, and miles... you get the idea. I was actually in the main store this morning and looked over the model; a few upgrades than the model I have, so it has evolved to better fit the person donning it.

And don't worry about the questions, without asking you appear to know it all, and those people get called out and embarrassed on an hourly clock. So be humble and learn, that's why you're going there. Once you complete it, you can start to lead, but you have to follow first.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob187 View Post
    Does the pack come with straps or do I need the rucksack frame? I sound like such a rookie. Looks like my boys are using ILBEs instead of MOLLEs but I practice is practice. I'm not spending 600 bucks on something I'll be receiving in a few months anyway. Also final question Fin, am I to be running with this pack loaded up (45lb) or should I just work on walking in my boots with this sucker?

I saw a guy wearing a Marines PT Grey and it made me upset. He had a gut hanging down. Had be been closer to the OSS or Recruiters I'm sure a Gunny woulda (or should anyway,) run out there and give him some lip.

Well I hit chest today and I'll update later with my diet as well. It was a successful workout.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Iron Lungz View Post
    And don't worry about the questions, without asking you appear to know it all, and those people get called out and embarrassed on an hourly clock. So be humble and learn, that's why you're going there. Once you complete it, you can start to lead, but you have to follow first.
    I'll be the first person to tell you that I don't know much of anything. What you and others have told me so far have been invaluable for my preparation. I can't thank you enough.
    WHITE WHALE!

9. 8-15-09

DB Incline Bench: 20x20, 40x10, 65x10, 70x10, 75x10, 80x10, 85x5

Dips: 10, 10(+25lb), 10(+50lb), 10(+75lb), 10(+75lb)

Floorwipers: 30, 20, 20, 20

Cables (High to Low): 15x10, 17.5x10, 20x10, 22.5x10

Cables (Low to High): 15x10, 15x10, 15x10

Seated Tricep Extentions: 40x10, 60x10, 70x10, 80x10, 90x10

Narrative:
    Quick update, enjoying my lazy vacation so much I'm even too lazy to update. My bad. I'll have a more thorough update this evening. Short updates get short songs.

AFI - Hearts Frozen Solid, Thawed Once More By The Spring Of Rage, Despair, And Hopelessness

The title is longer than the song
    WHITE WHALE!

10. 8-17-09

Legs:

Squats: 135x10, 185x5, 225x5, 245x5, 265x5, 225x5, 225x5, 135x10(ATG)

Floor Wipers: 40, 20, 20

DB Walking Lunges: 30x20 steps, 30x20 steps, bodyweightx20 steps
    SS with
    Calf Raises: 225x20, 225x20, 135x20

Narrative:
    Was hoping to help with a demo this afternoon at the gym, however the other party didn't show. Oh well, since I was out I bought a new pair of shoes and some socks. My shoes were getting pretty ratty. New socks are always a plus too, 3 pairs of moisture wicking socks (for running) and 3 pairs of regular socks.

Diet could have been better today, too much whey and not enough whole foods. Tomorrow is running. Gonna try and hit the 2.7mi early in the day and come back for some PIT later in the afternoon/evening. You folks better hold me accountable and give me sh*t if I update tomorrow and tell you I didn't do both. I know Iron will keep me honest.

Manticora - Intuneric II & Forever Carousel

For the first minute, close your eyes and think of the book 'Something Wicked This Way Comes.'
    WHITE WHALE!
    •   

11. hows the plan coming along for today?
    SFW and GFH

12. Quote Originally Posted by Inarius View Post
    hows the plan coming along for today?
    Took care of the 2.7 bright and early. Me and fasted cardio still don't get along though.
    WHITE WHALE!

13. 2 week update

Weight taken midday was 182lb, not bad considering it was midday.
    WHITE WHALE!

14. 8-19-09

Back:

Pullups: 20, 6(+35lb), 7(+25lb), 6(+25lb), 5(+25lb), 9

Goodmornings: 45x10, 65x10, 95x10, 115x10, 45x10

Bentover BB Rows: 45x10, 65x10, 95x10, 115x10, 135x8, 95x10

Hammer Str Low Row: 90x15, 90x15, 90x15

DB Low Row: 30sx10, 40sx10, 50sx10, 60sx10, 70sx10

Pullups: 9, 6, 5

Narrative:
    Well my vacation was cut short. Gotta start up again tomorrow. Not happy.

Metallica - Carpe Diem Baby
    WHITE WHALE!

15. That's a wicked looking back WO sb. Dont see folk doing GMs too much these days.

I usually superset them with SL Deads - kind of like a pre-fatigue

16. great workout man
    SFW and GFH

17. cant believe its been 2 weeks already SB... but you're made noticeable changes.... got the six pack showing keep up the good work!

18. 8-21-09

Chest:

DB Incline Press: 25x15, 40x10, 65x10, 70x10, 75x10, 80x8, 50x10(negatives)

Ab Circuit:
    Crunches: 40, 40, 40
    SS
    Heel Touchers: 40, 40, 40
    SS
    Invisible Bicycle: 40, 40, 40
    SS
    Flag Raises: 10, 10, 10

Plank: 30s, 50s (calves were trying to cramp up hardcore)
    Side Plank: 60s (each side)

Cables (High to Low): 15x10, 17.5x10, 20x10, 22.5x10

Cables (Low to High): 15x10, 15x10

Burnout Pushups: 50

Narrative:
    Take that Chest Day! I felt pretty big up top after my workout. In a week or two I may switch to flat bench on the DBs or perhaps move to the barbell if I can find a lifting partner. For a supplement update I'm on to my second bottle of Anabolic Edge.

Amon Amarth - Cry Of The Black Birds
    WHITE WHALE!

19. How you finding the Anabolic Edge SB?

20. Quote Originally Posted by jakellpet View Post
    How you finding the Anabolic Edge SB?
    I'm liking it. I took it about a year ago (1 bottle,) and took advantage of the BOGO sale NP had on it a while ago. Apparently 2 bottles/months is supposed to yield better results.

Recovery Time (aside from Legs,) is noticeably lower than what it typically is. The constant running and leg workouts sometimes gives me DOMS from hell in my quads/hams. Other than the legs, everything else is responding great to AE.
    WHITE WHALE!

21. 8-22-09

Shoulders:

Arnold Press: 20x15, 30x10, 40x10

DB Shoulder Press: 50x10, 55x10, 60x10, 65x8

Leaning Lateral Raises: 15x10, 20x10, 20x10, 20x10 (per side)

Face Pulls: 30x10, 35x10, 42.5x10, 50x10, 25x10(negatives)

BB Bradford Press: 45x10, 65x10, 85x10

RUN: Treadmill, 24 minutes (2.5 miles)

Narrative:
    Not happy about running on a treadmill instead of outside, but cardio is better than no cardio. Looking back I should have thrown in a few sets of shrugs. Oh well, they'll get their's soon enough.

Avantasia - The Toy Master
    WHITE WHALE!

22. cry of the blackbirds is such a great song!

and...
    SFW and GFH

23. dang mine nice looking log you got here. and you are damn lean since the last picture i saw of you.

and congrats on going for OCS. i am starting to look into it as well, but i still have a few years left before i graduate.

anyways, keep it up. workouts are looking good. and as always, detailed and complete diet information!

24. Quote Originally Posted by rolandajoint View Post
    dang mine nice looking log you got here. and you are damn lean since the last picture i saw of you.

and congrats on going for OCS. i am starting to look into it as well, but i still have a few years left before i graduate.

anyways, keep it up. workouts are looking good. and as always, detailed and complete diet information!
    If you're serious about OCS look to your school's ROTC program. If you join ROTC I think you can do 2 6-week courses at Quantico over the summers of your Junior and Senior year so that you're ready for your commission as soon as your graduate, instead of the 10-weeker that I"m looking forward to.

Yeah, the diet tracking kinda went away as I've been kinda slacking on plugging numbers. I will say though that this morning I stepped on the scale at 179lb. Hoorah.
    WHITE WHALE!

25. 8-25-09

Break's over

LEGS:

Squats: 135x10, 185x5, 225x5, 255x5, 275x5, 275x5, 135x10(ATG)

Floor Wipers: 30, 20, 20, 20

Deadlift: 95x5, 135x5, 185x5, 225x5, 225x5, 225x5, 225x5

Change shoes/grab some sugar

RUN!: 2 miles treadmill

Narrative:

Got off my lazy butt today. I've been stretched thin due to work. Was supposed to have today off but that didn't happen. So I summoned up some rage at the end of my shift to go slam some f*cking weights around. I hadn't done deads in awhile so I was do. I had the crazy idea of lifting heavy then running. Yeah, I'm going to hate myself tomorrow morning. I can already tell I'm gonna have DOMS from hell. I'll probably have 5g of glutamine or something before bed tonight.

If my back is up for it, I'm scheduled for back day tomorrow. If not, I'll have to do chest to give the old guy a lift after deads. I swear, DL can really screw up your lifting schedule

Nightwish - Wish I Had An Angel
    WHITE WHALE!

26. 8-26-09

Back:

Pullups: 20, 7(+35lb), 6(+35lb), 7(+25lb), 5(+25lb), 10

Bent over BB Row: 45x10, 65x10, 95x10, 115x10, 115x10, 45x10

DB Low Row: 20x10, 30x10, 40x10, 50x10, 60x10, 70x10, 80x8, 30x10(negatives)

Pullups: 7, 5, 4

Narrative:

I can't believe I was capable of doing back today. I thought for sure that yesterday's lift would have forced me to do chest instead to give my back time to recover. Today was total lat destruction, as is evident by the failure pullups at the end of the lift. 4. 4 freaking pullups. I think I defined depletion today. Mission accomplished.

Edguy - Children of Steel

We are BACK.
    WHITE WHALE!

27. Holy crap you've gotten ripped! Congrats my old friend.

28. Quote Originally Posted by Hurleyboy05 View Post
    Holy crap you've gotten ripped! Congrats my old friend.
    How the f*ck are ya HB!? Were you up in Alaska again this summer?
    WHITE WHALE!

29. Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob187 View Post
    How the f*ck are ya HB!? Were you up in Alaska again this summer?
    Nah, I've actually been working full time in retail, and only recently purchased a new laptop (and took the time to actually get on it) so of course I hit up AM! Hopefully I can spend a little more time on here now, and get back into the old routines.

Anyways, you're looking great man. I see you've really stuck it out and it's been paying off. Glad to see a Ninja still rippin' it up!

30. 8-29-09

Chest/Shoulders:

DB Incline Bench: 20sx20, 30sx15, 40sx10, 65sx10, 70sx10, 75sx10, 80sx6, 40sx10(negatives)

Leaning Lateral Raises: 15x10, 20x10, 20x10, 20x10 (per side)

Crunches: 40, 40, 40
    SS
    Heel Touches: 40, 40, 40
    SS
    Invisible Bicycle: 40, 40, 40
    SS
    Flag Raises: 10, 10, 10

Plank: 50sec

Side Planks: 50sec (each)

Arnold Press: 20sx10, 30sx10, 40sx10

Cables(High to Low): 15x10, 17.5x10, 20x10, 20x10

Face Pulls: 25x10, 30x10, 35x10, 42.5x10

RUN!: 2 Miles

Narrative:
    Yes, this took about 2 hours. Yes, I had some WMS and BCAAs about 75 minutes into the workout. This is what happens when you work 8 days in a row and your brain shuts down for 2 days; you have to play catchup.

I had a 6oz chicken breast when I got home. I know some carbs would help with recovery but we're doing lasagna for dinner tonight so I'll be getting a lot of carbs from that. Thankfull I have some AP for a little peace of mind with those evening carbs.

Marilyn Manson - Long Hard Road Out Of Hell
    WHITE WHALE!

Similar Forum Threads

1. SilentBob's (no-drama) chatroom
    By SilentBob187 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4399
    Last Post: 09-05-2015, 02:32 PM
  2. SilentBob's Cordygen5 and Cre-02 log (sponsored)
    By SilentBob187 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 214
    Last Post: 05-22-2009, 07:06 PM
  3. January Cycle
    By bb4life in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-01-2008, 06:17 PM
  4. january to may progress
    By porky in forum Pics
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-27-2008, 11:03 PM
  5. January 05 to Now - Transform