UD 2.0 Log with Clenviscerate

Logo

Awards
So I decided to cut a little body fat with a little help from Clen + RPN's Eviscerate. The diet will be approximately 4 weeks and follow the Ultimate Diet 2.0 with an emphasis on fat loss. I didn't take before pictures, but I will definately take after photos and keep a detailed log of skin fold measurements and mass measurements. I started the diet on Monday and my starting measurements are as follows:

Skin Fold Measurements in MM:
Abdomen 10.5
Oblique 7
Suprailiac 8
Midaxilliary 7
Bicep 2.5
Tricep 4
Subscapula 9
Calf 4.5
Quadricep 5

Bodyweight: 177.6lbs
Bodyfat ~10%

Mass measurements in inches:
Calf 15
Thigh 22.5
Arm 15.2
Chest 42
Abdomen 33
Oblique 32.25

I will be taking the following:
25mg Ephedrine Sulfate x 3 (Monday-Thursday)
200mg Caffeine x 3 (Monday-Thursday)
Clenviscerate x 2 (4ml dose which results in about 66mcg Clenbuterol)
400 IU E
2000 IU D3
3g C
1g NAC
8g-12g fishoil
Na-R-ALA (carb-up days)
2g L-glutamine (before bed)
2g Taurine (pre-workout)
6g Beta-Alanine (upon waking and pre-workout)
I will also be loading creatine starting pre-workout on Thursday and running through Saturday per Lyle's recommendations.

Stay posted!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In.

Logo

Awards
Thanks guys. One problem I seem to have with dieting is a pronounced loss of upper body strength. For example, my PR for a single set of 3 on BB Bench was 305 about 2-3 weeks into PCT after my last Havoc cycle. Now, just one week into my diet and about 3-4 weeks later I was only able to get 265 up for 2 consecutive sets of 3. My lower body strength remains, and actually seems to be improving. What could I be doing wrong?

I've been using BB Bench as a staple for quite some time. Maybe it's time I change excercises. Maybe my tempo or form is off. I just don't know, but it's extremely frustrating.

Logo

Awards
Here are the results for week one. I must say, that I'm a little disappointed in the skin fold measurements. I would have thought I'd see better improvements. However, I guess I did lose a bit of visceral fat.

Skin Fold Measurements:
Abdomen 10
Oblique 6
Suprailiac 7
Midaxilliary 7
Bicep 2.5
Tricep 4
Subscapula 9
Calf 4
Quadricep 4

Bodyweight 174.8
Bodyfat ~9.5%

I think I'll see better results in the following week. If not, I'll have to make some changes.

warsteiner

Awards
  • Established
Any reason that you are cutting when you are only 10% BF? How low do you want to go?

1/2% BF is probably the most you can realistically expect to lose in a week and you have lost 2.8lbs, which is also at the top end of weight loss without losing too much muscle. If your BF estimates are correct it means that you went from 159.84lbs muscle to 158.19lbs so more than half of that weight loss is muscle.

Logo

Awards
Any reason that you are cutting when you are only 10% BF? How low do you want to go?

1/2% BF is probably the most you can realistically expect to lose in a week and you have lost 2.8lbs, which is also at the top end of weight loss without losing too much muscle. If your BF estimates are correct it means that you went from 159.84lbs muscle to 158.19lbs so more than half of that weight loss is muscle.
Mass measurements have remained the same, so I doubt it's muscle. It's probably water, less food in the gut, and visceral fat which doesn't show up in the skin fold measurements.

The bf estimates are based on a formula using the skin fold measurements. That formula doesn't take into account visceral fat.

10% just isn't lean enough for me! :D

Last edited:

Logo

Awards
Okay, so depletion workouts suck! After ~30 sets of 15 reps, I feel on the verge of death. Keeping the rest intervals around 60 seconds only adds to the pain. On top of that, the clen+eviscerate really starts to heat up after these workouts. It feels like my abs are on fire (probably the capsaicin). Hopefully that's a good thing!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Depletion workouts blow big time.

Yep, the burning is the Cap.

Logo

Awards
Depletion workouts blow big time.

Yep, the burning is the Cap.

I usually feel fine through the first full-body round. It's the second bout that has me feeling like death! :D

Another note: Don't wear white t-shirts while sporting eviscerate!

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Ahh high reps, that what I do. And yep it can heat up the E when you sweat!

Logo

Awards
I just took some mid-week measurements and have a few concerns. My navel skinfold seems to be stuck at 10mm. However, my waist line was down to 31.5" (this will likely go up about .25" after my carb-up). This leads me to believe that I'm burning a good deal of visceral fat but almost no subcutaneous fat.

If I don't see better skinfold results this Sunday should I stick it out or change my diet approach? Does anyone else experience anything like this?

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
What is your current diet and cardio program like? I would continue the E either way, it all takes time and persistance to get there.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just took some mid-week measurements and have a few concerns. My navel skinfold seems to be stuck at 10mm. However, my waist line was down to 31.5" (this will likely go up about .25" after my carb-up). This leads me to believe that I'm burning a good deal of visceral fat but almost no subcutaneous fat.

If I don't see better skinfold results this Sunday should I stick it out or change my diet approach? Does anyone else experience anything like this?
If you are burning an insane amount of visceral fat, but either not completely throwing it off (using either s systemic fat burner in conjunction, not enough cardio, too many calories, etc) then it will shift to sub- fat. However, if your sub-q folds are staying the same, likely you ARE burning both and as you Visc. fat stores deplete (which sounds pretty close) your body will shift to primarily sub-q. I predict you should see some pretty rapid reductions in sub-q fold measurements from here on out.

Logo

Awards
Thanks guys. I tend to over-analize and think I just need to stick it out. The weight is coming off, the ab measurements are going down, and I don't appear to be losing any muscle.

crader, I'm about 1500kcal under maintenance on Monday-Thursday morning. I'm getting 1.5g p/lb and keeping the fat and carbs fairly low. On Thursday afternoon I start a carb-up and continue that through Friday. Saturday is around maintenance and I start tappering off the carbs on Sunday. As I have depletion workouts on Monday and Tuesday, I've only been doing cardio on Wednesday (30-min ss) and Thursday morning (20-min ss).

dsade, I suspect you're right. The measurements are going down so I'm losing something and I dont think I have much more to lose.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks guys. I tend to over-analize and think I just need to stick it out. The weight is coming off, the ab measurements are going down, and I don't appear to be losing any muscle.

crader, I'm about 1500kcal under maintenance on Monday-Thursday morning. I'm getting 1.5g p/lb and keeping the fat and carbs fairly low. On Thursday afternoon I start a carb-up and continue that through Friday. Saturday is around maintenance and I start tappering off the carbs on Sunday. As I have depletion workouts on Monday and Tuesday, I've only been doing cardio on Wednesday (30-min ss) and Thursday morning (20-min ss).

dsade, I suspect you're right. The measurements are going down so I'm losing something and I dont think I have much more to lose.
It's the reason most see dramatic results when they get under 15% - the VAT by that time is pretty much already a non-issue, which means the majority of loss comes straight from Flabby SAT.

Logo

Awards
It's the reason most see dramatic results when they get under 15% - the VAT by that time is pretty much already a non-issue, which means the majority of loss comes straight from Flabby SAT.
That's the weird thing. According to the skin-fold measurements I've been taking, I should be around 10%bf. However, I do have a little more VAT than I have in the past. Perhaps it was a result of my last Havoc cycle. I was also on a high carb diet during that time. I've heard that both insulin and androgens can increase VAT.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's the weird thing. According to the skin-fold measurements I've been taking, I should be around 10%bf. However, I do have a little more VAT than I have in the past. Perhaps it was a result of my last Havoc cycle. I was also on a high carb diet during that time. I've heard that both insulin and androgens can increase VAT.
Androgens tend to suppress cortisol - what likely happened is a rebound effect. I always include a cortisol reducer in my PCT for this very reason (lean xtreme, etc).

Both the glycyrrhetinic acid and green coffee bean extract are potent cortisol inhibitors, so you are just now balancing out your VAT issues. As mentioned, you should now see a rapid decrease in sub-q fat!

(it's amazing just how MUCH Visceral Fat one can accumulate, and still appear lean.)

Logo

Awards
dsade, I contemplated a cortisol reducer, but neglected to follow that through. I'll definitely pick up some 11-oxo or Lean xTreme next time.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
dsade, I contemplated a cortisol reducer, but neglected to follow that through. I'll definitely pick up some 11-oxo or Lean xTreme next time.
11-oxo is suppresive, if only mildly....so you would want to choose Lean Xtreme during PCT and regular use.

Logo

Awards
I'm starting to notice a bigger difference in the mirror. I was a little startled by the weight on the scale this morning as it was down another 1.8lbs after my carb-up. However, I took some mass measurements and everything was the same as where I started. Hopefully, the skin fold measurements will reflect what I'm starting to see in the mirror. I'll update tomorrow with all measurements.

Logo

Awards
Here's today's measurements. I'm definitely starting to see an improvement. I'm starting to get visual definition between my abs and obliques. My legs and arms are leaning up nicely as well.

Skin Fold Measurements:
Abdomen 9
Oblique 6
Suprailiac 6
Midaxilliary 5
Bicep 2
Tricep 3.5
Subscapula 9
Calf 4
Quadricep 4

Waist 31.5
Oblique 31

Bodyweight 172.6
Bodyfat just under ~9%

Logo

Awards
I also wanted to note the I took bicep, calf, and thigh measurements. Nothing has dropped, but I still wonder if I might be losing too much weight. Thoughts?

Logo

Awards
I've said it once, and I'll say it again, "depletion workouts suck balls". I just finished 30 sets of 15 repititions and I thought I was going to passout waiting in line at Subway for my salad. More than a few of the other patrons had concerned looks on their faces.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I also wanted to note the I took bicep, calf, and thigh measurements. Nothing has dropped, but I still wonder if I might be losing too much weight. Thoughts?
If you aren't losing lean mass then you are fine...just keep a close eye.

Logo

Awards
Well I noticed last night that I started developing a rash on the area of Clenviscerate application. Seeing that, I replaced the clenviscerate this morning with a dose of Alphaburn to coincide with my EC. If the rash is gone by Monday, I will resume Clenviscerate. If not, I'll continue with the Alphaburn replacement.

I'm definitely starting to see a big improvement on my upper abs. Unfortunetly, the little donut around my bellybutton always seems to be the last to go.

I also noticed that I was down another half inch on my waiste and obliques. I took a quick skin fold measurement at the navel and it appears to be down another mm.

Logo

Awards
Here's my update for the last week. My strength was slightly up on both my tension and power workouts. I went a little overboard with my carb-up, but that won't happen again. Here are my measurements:

Skin Fold Measurements:
Abdomen 8
Oblique 6
Suprailiac 6
Midaxilliary 5
Bicep 2
Tricep 3.5
Subscapula 8
Calf 4
Quadricep 4

Waist 31
Oblique 31

Bodyweight: 172.8
Bodyfat just over 9%

A few measurements were down, although not as much as I like. I should be happy considering weight actually went up .4lbs. I'm looking visibly leaner in my arms, legs, and upper torso. Additionally, arm, thigh, and calf mass measurements remain the same as they were from the start. I think I may have been taking my supralliac measurements too far forward. This resulted in leaner initial measurements, but have failed to show the fat I've seen come off of my hips. I'll keep measuring from the forward area until my next log. I'm considering extending this diet out another week or two. We'll see how this next week goes.

Logo

Awards
Well the rash I was developing was gone by this morning so I decided to reapply the Clenviscerate. I'm pretty sure it wasn't actually a rash, but a bunch of ingrown hairs. I had forgot that I trimmed up that area just before Wednesday morning's application. The combo must have been a little too much for the sensivitive skin.

Logo

Awards
Well it looks like the rash was from the Clenviscerate after all. I'm going to blame the capsaisin simply because the burning seems to correlate with the rash in my mind. :D

It sucks because I was really starting to see the results of the ClenV. I'll probably switch out the ClenV for AlphaBurn for the rest of this week and next week. My navel skin fold was hanging under 8mm this morning so I should be good after one more week. I'd love to get a 6mm reading by then.

Logo

Awards
Well I had another productive week. I've saw progress with both the weights and my body composition. However, I could have definitely done better in terms of fatloss. According to measurments I gained .5lbs of muscle and lost about .9lbs. I'll be decreasing calories slightly for the next week.

Skin Fold Measurements:
Abdomen 8
Oblique 5
Suprailiac 5
Midaxilliary 4
Bicep 2
Tricep 3.5
Subscapula 8
Calf 4
Quadricep 4

Waist 30.75
Oblique 30.5

As an aside, my bicep measurements actually seems to be up .1-.2". I'm just shy of 15.5" cold flexed.

Logo

Awards
I've been keeping up with my logging at home but forgetting to finish things out here. Here are the results for week 5. This started to turn into more of a recomp.

Skin Fold Measurements:
Abdomen 7
Oblique 5
Suprailiac 5
Midaxilliary 4
Bicep 2
Tricep 3.5
Subscapula 8
Calf 4
Quadricep 4

Waist 30.75
Oblique 30.5

Bodyweight: 172.4

Logo

Awards
Week 6 Results

Skin Fold Measurements:
Abdomen 6.5
Oblique 4
Suprailiac 5
Midaxilliary 4
Bicep 2
Tricep 3.5
Subscapula 8
Calf 4
Quadricep 4

Waist 30.75
Oblique 30.5

Bodyweight: 172.4

Logo

Awards
Summary

I saw pretty decent results on the diet. The one problem I ran into at the end was consuming too many calories on my carb-up day. This resulted in more of a recomp. I was taking off around .4lbs of fat and adding .4lbs of muscle each week according to my measurements. I was disappointed in the Clenviscerate as I started developing a rash from it during week 4. I think this may have been that capsaicin, but I can't be sure.

Overall I probably gained about 1.5lbs of muscle over the 6 week period while taking off about 6-7 lbs of fat. All of my mass measurements stayed the same except for my biceps which grew about .15".