Out of the cast, Into the gym

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. New Member
    thenomad's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    285
    Rep Power
    217
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    22.59%

    Out of the cast, Into the gym


    I broke my foot about two and a half months ago and just got out of my cast yesterday. The doctor said take it easy on the foot, so I am. Everything else is fair game. Gained a lot of excess weight while I was in the cast, but now it's time to shred up. I'll post some before pics in a week or two when I can get a new cable for my camera.

    Current stats:
    6' 2"
    225 lbs
    BF ~20 something (i know, i know)

    Supps per day:
    E 50mg
    Caff 400mg
    Yohimbine 18mg (until i get geranium)
    Anabolic Edge
    Dicreatine Malate 6g

    Pre-Workout:
    White Flood
    Maltodextrin

    I'll get some general diet calculations up tomorrow when i can add them all up.

    I'm trying to cut to 200lbs, 9-12%BF.
    Afterwards I will gain some mass and hopefully lose some more fat.
    Enjoy the log and let me know if you have any suggestions!

  2. Diamond Member
    Irish Cannon's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,615
    Rep Power
    74318
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    43.13%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Ahoy.

    I say cut down to 9-12%, then start packing it on. That should only take a few months for you.
  3. New Member
    thenomad's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    285
    Rep Power
    217
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    22.59%

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    Ahoy.

    I say cut down to 9-12%, then start packing it on. That should only take a few months if that.
    good stuff man. i know you'll help me.
    •   
       

  4. Diamond Member
    Irish Cannon's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,615
    Rep Power
    74318
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    43.13%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    What routine are you on right now? Diet?
  5. New Member
    thenomad's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    285
    Rep Power
    217
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    22.59%

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    What routine are you on right now? Diet?
    Did chest and tri today. Went light but it all felt really good and i had great energy.
    Bench 135x10, 185x10(x2) 205x8
    DB Fly 25x10 30x8(x2)
    Inc DB Press 55x8(x3)
    Cable X-over 40x10, 50x10, 50x8
    Overhead Tri DB 55x8, 60x8, 65x8
    Tri Pulldown 70x8(x2), 80x8
    In between sets I did shoulder exercises with 5lb plates (old shoulder injury)

    Rode the bike for 15 minutes @ level 10. (foot started swelling)

    Diet
    Meal 1(B-fast/pre): Protein shake w/ 1/2c oats
    Meal 2(Post) 2 egg whites, 8 oz FF Milk, 6 whole wheat crackers
    Meal 3: Broccoli and some almonds
    Meal 4: 6oz ground beef, 1/4c black beans, 1/4c northern beans, 1 oz FF cheese
    Meal 5: Banana, 4oz Baby Carrots
    Meal 6: 6oz Tuna, 1oz FF Cheese, 6 Whole wheat crackers, 4 oz asperagus
    Meal 7: Casein shake, 1tbs Xtra Virgin Coconut oil
    1 hr before bed, 24oz H20.
    I drink about 170oz H20 a day.

    How is it?
  6. Diamond Member
    Irish Cannon's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,615
    Rep Power
    74318
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    43.13%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    I'll have to break it down a bit more tomorrow. I'm about to go to bed. It looks like you could add some more protein in there, as well as strengthen the post-workout meal. I'll get back to you tomorrow.
  7. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,250
    Rep Power
    78136
    Level
    70
    Lv. Percent
    66.2%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    18mg Yohimbine, good gawd. Don't let the Australian members see that, they'll think you're a certified drug lord.

    Have you used White Flood before? I love the ish, with the exception of the BA, but that's only because I have a borderline allergic reaction to Beta Alanine, like Uber-Hyper-Parasthesia.
    NSCA - CSCS
  8. New Member
    thenomad's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    285
    Rep Power
    217
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    22.59%

    Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    18mg Yohimbine, good gawd. Don't let the Australian members see that, they'll think you're a certified drug lord.

    Have you used White Flood before? I love the ish, with the exception of the BA, but that's only because I have a borderline allergic reaction to Beta Alanine, like Uber-Hyper-Parasthesia.
    What do you rec on the yo?(it's a blend)

    Yeah, i used White Flood a couple months ago before i broke my foot. I love the stuff! No negs on it, just loads of energy. Feel great post workout for at least another hour or two. (not sure if it is mental)
  9. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,250
    Rep Power
    78136
    Level
    70
    Lv. Percent
    66.2%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by thenomad View Post
    What do you rec on the yo?(it's a blend)

    Yeah, i used White Flood a couple months ago before i broke my foot. I love the stuff! No negs on it, just loads of energy. Feel great post workout for at least another hour or two. (not sure if it is mental)
    I'm not saying it's a bad idea, I'm just not used to seeing it dosed that high. If you can take it, more power to ya.

    About the post workout, it's totally mental, but a mental perpetuated by the White Flood. WF contains nootropics, which I liken to healthy LSD (that would be an exaggeration of course), point being, nootropics "makes" you feel good. However, it's not a long term effect, at least it never is for me.

    Everything I've taken that had a serious effect on boosting mood never lasted more then two weeks and the first week is like being post workout drunk I feel so good. I recall feeling like a million dollars post workout from White Flood, but that's after I've peeled my skin with a cheese grater in trying to alleviate my psychotic paraesthetic response to BA.
    NSCA - CSCS
  10. New Member
    thenomad's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    285
    Rep Power
    217
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    22.59%

    Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    I'm not saying it's a bad idea, I'm just not used to seeing it dosed that high. If you can take it, more power to ya.

    About the post workout, it's totally mental, but a mental perpetuated by the White Flood. WF contains nootropics, which I liken to healthy LSD (that would be an exaggeration of course), point being, nootropics "makes" you feel good. However, it's not a long term effect, at least it never is for me.

    Everything I've taken that had a serious effect on boosting mood never lasted more then two weeks and the first week is like being post workout drunk I feel so good. I recall feeling like a million dollars post workout from White Flood, but that's after I've peeled my skin with a cheese grater in trying to alleviate my psychotic paraesthetic response to BA.
    hahahahahahaha! noted good sir!
  11. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,250
    Rep Power
    78136
    Level
    70
    Lv. Percent
    66.2%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Hey, did The Godfather return your reps in an act of benevolence?

    NSCA - CSCS
  12. Diamond Member
    Irish Cannon's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,615
    Rep Power
    74318
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    43.13%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Volcom, I think he's taking the Y @ 18mg in divided doses...So more like 9mg, 2x daily. That's really not insane. Isn't that about what you take? I'm just assuming this as he said he's taking 400mg C and 50mg E...That would make for two doses of 25/200/9 which is a pretty standard higher dose.
  13. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,250
    Rep Power
    78136
    Level
    70
    Lv. Percent
    66.2%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    Volcom, I think he's taking the Y @ 18mg in divided doses...So more like 9mg, 2x daily. That's really not insane. Isn't that about what you take? I'm just assuming this as he said he's taking 400mg C and 50mg E...That would make for two doses of 25/200/9 which is a pretty standard higher dose.
    Ah gotcha, I thought it was a single dose. I wasn't knocking him, just expressing shock & awe for the Yohimbinousity.

    Yes, you are correct, I take around 9mg-12mg Y-HCL, so when I was on ECY. I was on a daily dose of 600mg Caffeine, 75mg E-phed and 27-36mg Yohimbine, depending. I can't recall if I had 3mg caps or 2.5mg.

    The only Yohimbine I'm getting now is the Y-HCL in T-911, so that's 6-9mg daily, 12mg on occasion.
    NSCA - CSCS
  14. Diamond Member
    Irish Cannon's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,615
    Rep Power
    74318
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    43.13%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    Ah gotcha, I thought it was a single dose. I wasn't knocking him, just expressing shock & awe for the Yohimbinousity.

    Yes, you are correct, I take around 9mg-12mg Y-HCL, so when I was on ECY. I was on a daily dose of 600mg Caffeine, 75mg E-phed and 27-36mg Yohimbine, depending. I can't recall if I had 3mg caps or 2.5mg.

    The only Yohimbine I'm getting now is the Y-HCL in T-911, so that's 6-9mg daily, 12mg on occasion.
    I've always low-dosed the Y unless I was taking T911.

    After reading some stuff Dfly posted about Yohimbine and Ephedrine, I won't be mixing the two any longer. She wanted me to quit the Ephedrine all together, but she won't be winning that battle.
  15. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,250
    Rep Power
    78136
    Level
    70
    Lv. Percent
    66.2%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    I've always low-dosed the Y unless I was taking T911.

    After reading some stuff Dfly posted about Yohimbine and Ephedrine, I won't be mixing the two any longer. She wanted me to quit the Ephedrine all together, but she won't be winning that battle.
    I recollect that E-phed crusade. I was steered away from it as well when DF The Great made her way to my neck of the woods. I probably won't be using E-phed for awhile anyway and I'll probably keep my high dosage of Y-hcl to pre-workout usages.
    NSCA - CSCS
  16. New Member
    thenomad's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    285
    Rep Power
    217
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    22.59%

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    Volcom, I think he's taking the Y @ 18mg in divided doses...So more like 9mg, 2x daily. That's really not insane. Isn't that about what you take? I'm just assuming this as he said he's taking 400mg C and 50mg E...That would make for two doses of 25/200/9 which is a pretty standard higher dose.
    That is completely correct Mr. Cannon. Do you know where the cheapest Ger is? Or does anyone have a coupon code?

    And yes, he returned my reps. I had to bi+ch out a little but it's all good now. I guess i learned what some people don't like.

    Went fishing this morning, no luck. Just took the Flood and i'm about to hit the gym.

    IC, i upped my beef, tuna, and chicken up 2oz each, and i turned all of the 1/2 shakes into whole shakes. I might add another if necessary.
  17. New Member
    thenomad's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    285
    Rep Power
    217
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    22.59%

    Today was Shoulders, Traps, and Forearms
    wt at 1600, 225lbs

    Diet has been great all day. I took it easy on the shoulders today. I was a swimmer from age 10 to 19. Butterfly and Back stroke will ruin you for life in the shoulder department if you aren't careful. So needless to say, I wasn't always careful. All of the shoulder workouts felt great until I tried some Overhead Dumbbell Presses. I started with 45lb DB's and my shoulder almost popped out of socket on the third rep. I stopped that exercise. Here's how it went, and sorry if I don't use the technical names. Please translate them for me so that I can know and not sound like an idiot. Thanks party people!

    Thigh to Shoulder Shrugs 95x10, 135x8(x2), 125x8
    Shrugs 185x10, 235x10, 235x8(x2)
    Military Press 95x10(x3)
    Side Lateral DB 15x10, 15x8(x2)
    Front Lateral Bar 45x8(x3)
    Reverse Forearm 135x10(x3)
    CC Across Chest 20x10(x2), 25x10, each arm.

    Like I said, I took it really easy on the shoulders especially on the lateral raises. I don't need to go getting hurt again. Let me know if you have some suggestions to build up the shoulders to prevent injury. I'm pretty sure that it is a lack of cartilage but I'll try getting good base muscle first.

    It also looks like I'll have to start showering twice a day. Zits are forming.
    I felt like a total D-Bag in the gym today because I went fishing this morning, neglected to shower off all of the saltwater and fish guts. I kept getting really weird looks from everyone who was walking by, HAHA!!!

    There was some old dood in the weight room today who was roughly 6'10" who kept looking at me like he wanted to fight. All he did though was follow me around and add like 20lbs to whatever I had just done, all the while wincing in pain with every rep. I think he might have even cried! Maybe it was sweat, but it was still funny.
  18. Diamond Member
    Irish Cannon's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,615
    Rep Power
    74318
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    43.13%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by thenomad View Post
    That is completely correct Mr. Cannon. Do you know where the cheapest Ger is? Or does anyone have a coupon code?
    Nutraplanet is the answer to everything around here for supplement purchases. And right now there is a sale going on through July 5th - Coupon code: July4sale for 10% off.

    If you're looking for an all-in-one energy supp that includes geranium, LG Sciences just came out with E-911 and is getting great reviews. www.lgsciences.com - coupon code introe911 - $15 + shipping.

    IC, i upped my beef, tuna, and chicken up 2oz each, and i turned all of the 1/2 shakes into whole shakes. I might add another if necessary.
    Sounds solid.

    Thigh to Shoulder Shrugs 95x10, 135x8(x2), 125x8
    Upright rows?
    Front Lateral Bar 45x8(x3)
    BB Front Raises?
    Reverse Forearm 135x10(x3)
    Reverse curl?

    Ya, nobody likes them stanky fish guts. Shower off you sicko.
  19. Diamond Member
    Irish Cannon's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,615
    Rep Power
    74318
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    43.13%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by thenomad View Post
    Diet
    Meal 1(B-fast/pre): Protein shake w/ 1/2c oats
    Meal 2(Post) 2 egg whites, 8 oz FF Milk, 6 whole wheat crackers
    Meal 3: Broccoli and some almonds
    Meal 4: 6oz ground beef, 1/4c black beans, 1/4c northern beans, 1 oz FF cheese
    Meal 5: Banana, 4oz Baby Carrots
    Meal 6: 6oz Tuna, 1oz FF Cheese, 6 Whole wheat crackers, 4 oz asperagus
    Meal 7: Casein shake, 1tbs Xtra Virgin Coconut oil
    1 hr before bed, 24oz H20.
    I drink about 170oz H20 a day.

    How is it?
    *Add some type of protein to meals 3 and 5.

    *You need more cals in your post-workout meal. Mine currently is 2 scoops whey in 16oz FF milk, 2 slices of cinnamon raisin Ezekiel bread and a medium size bowl of mixed blueberries and raspberries. I'd say do a variation of that, but cut it down to maybe 1 scoop of whey in 8oz milk, one slice of Ezekiel bread with some honey and a small bowl of mixed berries.

    *Rather than taking your malto pre-workout, take it intra-workout

    *Cut your coconut oil down to 1/2 tbs

    * You're going to want to taper off some of the carbs down the road. You'll probably want to cut that banana from Meal 5 and just have a lean meat and some carrots or some type of green veggie. You'll also want to be cutting out those crackers in Meal 6.

    *Try to consume your carbohydrates around your workout. That's when you most need them, so you should be having about 2/3-3/4 of your daily CHO intake around that time.
  20. Diamond Member
    Irish Cannon's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,615
    Rep Power
    74318
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    43.13%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    I don't know if you saw this or not...

    PROMO: Giving Back to the Military
  21. New Member
    thenomad's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    285
    Rep Power
    217
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    22.59%

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    Nutraplanet is the answer to everything around here for supplement purchases. And right now there is a sale going on through July 5th - Coupon code: July4sale for 10% off.

    If you're looking for an all-in-one energy supp that includes geranium, LG Sciences just came out with E-911 and is getting great reviews. www.lgsciences.com - coupon code introe911 - $15 + shipping.

    Upright rows?
    BB Front Raises?
    Reverse curl?
    it all sounds right now, haha

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    *Add some type of protein to meals 3 and 5.

    *You need more cals in your post-workout meal. Mine currently is 2 scoops whey in 16oz FF milk, 2 slices of cinnamon raisin Ezekiel bread and a medium size bowl of mixed blueberries and raspberries. I'd say do a variation of that, but cut it down to maybe 1 scoop of whey in 8oz milk, one slice of Ezekiel bread with some honey and a small bowl of mixed berries.

    *Rather than taking your malto pre-workout, take it intra-workout

    *Cut your coconut oil down to 1/2 tbs

    * You're going to want to taper off some of the carbs down the road. You'll probably want to cut that banana from Meal 5 and just have a lean meat and some carrots or some type of green veggie. You'll also want to be cutting out those crackers in Meal 6.

    *Try to consume your carbohydrates around your workout. That's when you most need them, so you should be having about 2/3-3/4 of your daily CHO intake around that time.
    Consider it all done. I think i may even cut out the CO until i'm done cutting. I've been doing a little research and from what i've seen, it actually slows the bodies ability to reach ketosis.
    QUOTE:Originally Posted by Dr.Mauro DiPasquale
    It’s also important to note that Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCT’s) get a big thumbs down for use in the Anabolic Diet. Very few foods actually contain MCT’s, but you’ll find many people are very big on MCT supplements, most of which are derived from coconut oil. They’ll say,
    “It’s fat, why can’t we use it?” but it basically bypasses the whole energy pathway we’re trying to establish with the Anabolic Diet and can be very counterproductive.

    MCT’s can be of great use on a diet high in complex carbs because of its protein sparing effects. But on the Anabolic Diet, the body, instead of using the long chain fatty acids that make up most body fat, uses the MCT’s. The body ends up bypassing the very metabolic processes that the Anabolic Diet sets up: to burn its own fat and use the long chain fatties as a primary energy source.

    The long chain triglycerides utilized in the Anabolic Diet also have several advantages over the MCT’s. They have an even greater protein-sparing effect than the MCT’s. And along with decreasing the formation of bodyfat, which the MCT’s also do, they increase the amount of existing bodyfat broken down and greatly decrease bodyfat levels. A lot of people will be tempted to run down to the health food store and buy some MCT’s to be used on this diet, but don’t bite. They’ll actually work against the diet in terms of muscle
    production and fat breakdown.END QUOTE

    Ezeikiel bread is only sold at Publix around here right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    I don't know if you saw this or not...

    PROMO: Giving Back to the Military
    thank you good sir. i just PM'd the guy for a few more details and i will be getting that good stuff soon i hope!
  22. New Member
    thenomad's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    285
    Rep Power
    217
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    22.59%

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    If you're looking for an all-in-one energy supp that includes geranium, LG Sciences just came out with E-911 and is getting great reviews. www.lgsciences.com - coupon code introe911 - $15 + shipping.
    Thanks man! I just ordered two bottles. One "breath mint" vs. 4-6 pills==> E911 wins.
  23. Senior Member
    silverSurfer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    43
    Posts
    1,930
    Rep Power
    1099
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    40.28%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    thenomad, glad to see your cast is off and you're back in the gym - I'm sure you'll reach your goal in no time.

    What geranium product are you getting?... Edit: never mind, I just read the post above
  24. Diamond Member
    Irish Cannon's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,615
    Rep Power
    74318
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    43.13%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Consider it all done. I think i may even cut out the CO until i'm done cutting. I've been doing a little research and from what i've seen, it actually slows the bodies ability to reach ketosis.
    A lot of people on here like doing keto diets, but I only prefer them when you're really trying to get lean. Like if you got down to 9% and wanted to drop to 5%. You can make plenty of progress without a keto diet, and it will save you a lot of muscle. Keto diets can be difficult if you don't know how to carb-cycle and do refeeds as those are both very important aspects of the diet.

    Now, TKD may be up your alley, which is basically what I was suggesting. The only time you take in carbohydrates is surrounding your workout, so you'd be low to zero carb on off days, and a decent amount (~150-200g) of CHO on your workout days.

    Ezeikiel bread is only sold at Publix around here right?
    Ya, from what I've seen.
    thank you good sir. i just PM'd the guy for a few more details and i will be getting that good stuff soon i hope!
    Cool. Just came across that and thought you might be interested.
    Quote Originally Posted by thenomad View Post
    Thanks man! I just ordered two bottles. One "breath mint" vs. 4-6 pills==> E911 wins.
    Awesome dude. It's been getting great reviews. I haven't even tried it yet but our new product line is pretty awesome and this stuff is getting great reviews from our testers that logged it. The good stuff about the geranium is it is it's the actual geranium oil rather than the powder extract; much more potent!
  25. Diamond Member
    Irish Cannon's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,615
    Rep Power
    74318
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    43.13%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Forgot to address...You can cut out the coconut oil if you'd like, but I don't think it's going to make a huge difference when dieting down to the level you're looking for.
  26. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,250
    Rep Power
    78136
    Level
    70
    Lv. Percent
    66.2%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    From what I've been reading, E-911 is a sexy supplement.




    "Yo soy yealous, jes!"
    NSCA - CSCS
  27. Diamond Member
    Irish Cannon's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,615
    Rep Power
    74318
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    43.13%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    From what I've been reading, E-911 is a sexy supplement.




    "Yo soy yealous, jes!"
    I'm pretty stoked to try it myself. Maybe add some RK-500 and Ephedrine and you've got a perfectly nice cutter stack. I'll be picking up some RK either today or tomorrow while that 10% sale is going on. I'm a little bummed about the change in shipping, though. My order almost always hit $75, and if it didn't I was close enough to just add a $5 product and get the free shipping.

    $4 flat rate is a great price considering the pounds of stuff I buy at once, but when you were getting it for free in the first place, it just doesn't sound that great. It's not a big deal, but I haven't been seeing too many Gold Codes recently, and I just re-upped my membership.
  28. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,250
    Rep Power
    78136
    Level
    70
    Lv. Percent
    66.2%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    I'm pretty stoked to try it myself. Maybe add some RK-500 and Ephedrine and you've got a perfectly nice cutter stack. I'll be picking up some RK either today or tomorrow while that 10% sale is going on. I'm a little bummed about the change in shipping, though. My order almost always hit $75, and if it didn't I was close enough to just add a $5 product and get the free shipping.

    $4 flat rate is a great price considering the pounds of stuff I buy at once, but when you were getting it for free in the first place, it just doesn't sound that great. It's not a big deal, but I haven't been seeing too many Gold Codes recently, and I just re-upped my membership.
    E-911 would be perfect for me right now. I could be wrong, but I don't recall E-911 containing the ever pre-workout ingredient, Beta Alanine. Si?
    NSCA - CSCS
  29. New Member
    thenomad's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    285
    Rep Power
    217
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    22.59%

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    Forgot to address...You can cut out the coconut oil if you'd like, but I don't think it's going to make a huge difference when dieting down to the level you're looking for.
    yeah, i guess i can keep it. it's the only thing i eat that has any resemblance in taste to butter!

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    A lot of people on here like doing keto diets, but I only prefer them when you're really trying to get lean. Like if you got down to 9% and wanted to drop to 5%. You can make plenty of progress without a keto diet, and it will save you a lot of muscle. Keto diets can be difficult if you don't know how to carb-cycle and do refeeds as those are both very important aspects of the diet.

    Now, TKD may be up your alley, which is basically what I was suggesting. The only time you take in carbohydrates is surrounding your workout, so you'd be low to zero carb on off days, and a decent amount (~150-200g) of CHO on your workout days.


    The good stuff about the geranium is it is it's the actual geranium oil rather than the powder extract; much more potent!
    the TKD sounds a lot more up my alley. i need the low to no carb, but i have to get them in sometime! i'll always be a fat boy at heart no matter how much weight i shred.

    Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    From what I've been reading, E-911 is a sexy supplement.




    "Yo soy yealous, jes!"
    i love sexiness as well my friend! i'll let you guys know what's up. Hopefully i get it soon. i had to pre-order so i don't really know when it is coming.
  30. New Member
    thenomad's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    285
    Rep Power
    217
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    22.59%

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    I'm pretty stoked to try it myself. Maybe add some RK-500 and Ephedrine and you've got a perfectly nice cutter stack.
    still cool if i'm taking E right? i want paper thin skin as well!

    what are your HIIT rec's for cardio? do it on workout days, or days not lifting?
  31. New Member
    thenomad's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    285
    Rep Power
    217
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    22.59%

    today is a rest day. kinda bummed. some dood just came by to look at the car i'm selling and found a nail in one of the good tires. now i have to take the other two that i bought back to wally world, hopefully run into the same cashier and get my money back. the only problem is that i lost my receipt. i hate karma.

    i guess i'll just have to do something else that is fun. yet i have no idea what that could be.
  32. Diamond Member
    Irish Cannon's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,615
    Rep Power
    74318
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    43.13%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by thenomad View Post
    still cool if i'm taking E right? i want paper thin skin as well!

    what are your HIIT rec's for cardio? do it on workout days, or days not lifting?
    All different ways to do HIIT, but I'd recommend doing it after your lifting sessions.

    Also, fasted, low-endurance cardio is an excellent addition. Maybe do HIIT 1-2x/wk after resistance training, and fasted cardio 1-2x/wk. The thing about fasted is you've got to get up and hit the gym before breakfast. I usually did that on my "off" days.

    Pop some E-911, head for the gym, crank up that treadmill to high incline and just do a light walk for 30mins. DON'T hold the handles!
  33. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,250
    Rep Power
    78136
    Level
    70
    Lv. Percent
    66.2%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    All different ways to do HIIT, but I'd recommend doing it after your lifting sessions.

    Also, fasted, low-endurance cardio is an excellent addition. Maybe do HIIT 1-2x/wk after resistance training, and fasted cardio 1-2x/wk. The thing about fasted is you've got to get up and hit the gym before breakfast. I usually did that on my "off" days.

    Pop some E-911, head for the gym, crank up that treadmill to high incline and just do a light walk for 30mins. DON'T hold the handles!
    Agreed. The one time I did HIIT "right before" I lifted. I mean literally, HIIT on the football field, drove to the gym and I was about 30% weaker on everything. Total lack of sugar in the system.
    NSCA - CSCS
  34. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,250
    Rep Power
    78136
    Level
    70
    Lv. Percent
    66.2%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by thenomad View Post
    still cool if i'm taking E right? i want paper thin skin as well!

    what are your HIIT rec's for cardio? do it on workout days, or days not lifting?
    I'm glad you asked this question, because I'm pretending that you're asking for HIIT records, rather then HIIT recommendations in terms of pre/post workout.

    Me personally, I like doing sprints with a 10 second rest in between intervals. At my HIIT peak, my routine was

    400 yard sprint, 10 sec rest x 2 intervals
    200 yard sprint, 10 sec rest x 2 intervals
    150 yard sprint, 10 sec rest x 2 intervals
    100 yard sprint, 10 sec rest x 2 intervals
    50 yard sprints, 10 sec rest, x 2 intervals
    NSCA - CSCS
  35. Diamond Member
    Irish Cannon's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,615
    Rep Power
    74318
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    43.13%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    I'm glad you asked this question, because I'm pretending that you're asking for HIIT records, rather then HIIT recommendations in terms of pre/post workout.

    Me personally, I like doing sprints with a 10 second rest in between intervals. At my HIIT peak, my routine was

    400 yard sprint, 10 sec rest x 2 intervals
    200 yard sprint, 10 sec rest x 2 intervals
    150 yard sprint, 10 sec rest x 2 intervals
    100 yard sprint, 10 sec rest x 2 intervals
    50 yard sprints, 10 sec rest, x 2 intervals
    Last time I did HIIT on the track...POP! goes the hamstring.
  36. New Member
    thenomad's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    285
    Rep Power
    217
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    22.59%

    Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    I'm glad you asked this question, because I'm pretending that you're asking for HIIT records, rather then HIIT recommendations in terms of pre/post workout.

    Me personally, I like doing sprints with a 10 second rest in between intervals. At my HIIT peak, my routine was

    400 yard sprint, 10 sec rest x 2 intervals
    200 yard sprint, 10 sec rest x 2 intervals
    150 yard sprint, 10 sec rest x 2 intervals
    100 yard sprint, 10 sec rest x 2 intervals
    50 yard sprints, 10 sec rest, x 2 intervals
    good stuff dood! i'm trying to take it easy on the running though for the next month with the foot still recovering.
  37. Diamond Member
    Irish Cannon's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,615
    Rep Power
    74318
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    43.13%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by thenomad View Post
    good stuff dood! i'm trying to take it easy on the running though for the next month with the foot still recovering.
    Do you have a spinning bike available? The kind they use for those Spin classes? Those are great for HIIT.
  38. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,250
    Rep Power
    78136
    Level
    70
    Lv. Percent
    66.2%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    Last time I did HIIT on the track...POP! goes the hamstring.
    Yeeesh! No bueno.
    NSCA - CSCS
  39. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,250
    Rep Power
    78136
    Level
    70
    Lv. Percent
    66.2%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by thenomad View Post
    good stuff dood! i'm trying to take it easy on the running though for the next month with the foot still recovering.
    Oh yeah.... apart from IC's suggestion about a bike, HIIT, the stairclimbers can be used as a "low impact," high intensity cardio. Stairclimbers are very HIIT conducive.
    NSCA - CSCS
  40. Diamond Member
    Irish Cannon's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,615
    Rep Power
    74318
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    43.13%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    Oh yeah.... apart from IC's suggestion about a bike, HIIT, the stairclimbers can be used as a "low impact," high intensity cardio. Stairclimbers are very HIIT conducive.
    Those ain't no joke. I used to use them a lot. Also, the StairMill aka the Gauntlet is another great piece of cardio equipment.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. workouts with a cast
    By bigbobbybee in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-09-2009, 11:21 PM
  2. Cast em now Griffin or Jackson
    By heavies in forum MMA
    Replies: 137
    Last Post: 07-11-2008, 11:09 PM
  3. Cast comen off soon!
    By GtWrestler in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-08-2008, 02:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in