DC training log - lets get it on!

Random181

Awards
  • Established
Hey everyone! Some of you will know I already have a log here but since I ran out of time for it and it appears to have got buried I have decided to start a fresh DC style one!

Background on me: Im what many would consider to be not ready for DC- Ill admit that before we even start, I have done 5X5 for a number of months but didnt really like it to be honest, I far prefer the sheer 1 set brutality of DC, Ive been training for around a year and a quarter now I was doing good for around 8-9 months then buggered my shoulder and had to take a while off which set me back a lot- since then I have been and continue to be very careful with my pressing movements, a little background to this is that I am double jointed (weird family genetic thing) this means that I have extreme flexibility but that my shoulders arent as able to stabilise the weights I am using as they would normally be. I do still however push to my absolute max on every set none the less and do continue to use dumbells. For those of you who are thinking that I should not be training DC (and there would quite rightly be a lot of you) all I ask is that you allow me to post a few workouts and allow me to prove I am capable of making the progress and training at the intensity- I use to gym to burn off a lot of lifes frustrations so subsequently I can easily make things very intense.

I train with intensity, I also firmly believe in mind over matter- this is the theory that you can only ever truly acheive your goals if you believe in your own ability to. Anyway on to the training, this is my workout layout

M1: (Monday)
Chest: Flat DB press (elbows 45 degrees), 15-30 reps (rest paused)
Shoulders: BB Upright row, 11-20 reps (rest paused)
Triceps: BB skull crushers (rest paused)
Back width: Wide grip assisted pull ups 11-20 (rest paused)
Back thickness: rack deads 6-12 reps

W1: (Wednesday)
Biceps: Seated curls, 11-20 reps (rest paused)
Forearms: Wrist curls, 10-20 reps
Calves: Standing calf raises, 10-12 reps
Hamstrings: Sumo presses, 15-25 reps
Quads: Front squats, 6-10 straight set, 20 rep widowmaker

M2: (Friday)
Chest: Flat hammer strength press, 15-30 reps (rest paused)
Shoulders: Hammer shoulder press, 15-30 reps (rest paused)
Triceps: Close grip bench, 15-30 reps (rest paused)
Back width: Wide grip pull downs 11-15 reps (rest paused)
Back thickness: T-bar rows 11-15 reps (rest paused)

W2: (Monday)
Biceps: EZ bar preacher curls, 11-20 reps (rest paused)
Forearms: reverse cable curls, 10-20 reps
Calves: Leg press calf raises, 10-12 reps
Hamstrings: Lying leg curls, 15-30 reps (rest paused)
Quads: Squats, 6-10 reps, 20 rep widowmaker

M3: (Wednesday)
Chest: Incline DB press, 20-30 reps (rest paused)
Shoulders: Machine lateral raise, 20-30 reps (rest paused)
Triceps: DB skull crushers, 15-30 reps (rest paused)
Back width: hammer strength pull downs, 11-15 reps (rest paused)
Back thickness: BB rows, 6-12 reps

W3: (Friday)
Biceps: Standing bicep curls 11-20 reps (rest paused)
Forearms: Reverse Ez Bar curls 10-20 reps
Calves: Barbell seated calf raise 10-12 reps
Hamstring: Lunges 15-25 reps
Quads: Leg presses 6-10 reps, 20 rep widowmaker

Diet: I currently sit at eating around 4 thousand calories, but this is subject to be increased by up to 1 thousand if its a heavy cardio day.

Weight logs start tomorrow :)

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
subbed.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Good luck man..

You may want to think about switching up some of these movements.
M1: (Monday)
Chest: Flat DB press (elbows 45 degrees), 11-15 reps (rest paused)
Shoulders: DB Upright row, 11-20 reps (rest paused)
Triceps: Tricep pushdowns 11-20 (rest paused)
Back width: Wide grip assisted pull ups 11-20 (rest paused)
Back thickness: rack deads 6-12 reps

W1: (Wednesday)
Biceps: Dumbell preacher curls, 11-20 reps (rest paused)
Forearms: Wrist curls, 10-20 reps
Calves: Standing calf raises, 10-12 reps
Hamstrings: Sumo presses, 15-25 reps
Quads: Front squats, 6-10 straight set, 20 rep widowmaker
Also keep in mind that dumbell pressing movements(bench, shoulder) are typically be done in the 20-30rp range.

Random181

Awards
  • Established
I understand bro, unfortunatly im kinda limited on exercises which is making things hard, what is up with tricep pushdowns though? I grow beautifully off them and I dont see why you cant make continual progression? Thanks for the advice though, ill adjust the rep ranges on the shoulders/chest.

Random181

Awards
  • Established
There has been a rather drastic change of plans- this log may start next week or perhaps the week after, ill update then.

TravisG

TravisG

Awards
  • Established
Flat Dumbbell Press-Arms at 45 degrees?

range of motion stimulates more fiber tissue resulting in much more hypertrophy than going short angles and using more weight. when you are on flat dumbbell press you want your arms to go to 90 degrees. not below, not before.

as you say to everything: "should you really be doing such an advanced program if you dont even know how to perform flat dumbbell presses"???

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Flat Dumbbell Press-Arms at 45 degrees?

range of motion stimulates more fiber tissue resulting in much more hypertrophy than going short angles and using more weight. when you are on flat dumbbell press you want your arms to go to 90 degrees. not below, not before.

as you say to everything: "should you really be doing such an advanced program if you dont even know how to perform flat dumbbell presses"???
I am assuming he is talking about elbows 45deg from the body. IE. Elbows tucked, and not flared out, crucifix style.
YouTube - EliteFTS.com - Incline Dumbbell Press

TravisG

TravisG

Awards
  • Established
Nice video. is that DC? he keeps dropping weight and burns out 4-5 times...so "techniqually" it isnt DC style. but for sure DC principles.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Nice video. is that DC? he keeps dropping weight and burns out 4-5 times...so "techniqually" it isnt DC style. but for sure DC principles.
No.. It is not DC.. I wasn't using it as an example of DC, rather what the original poster is referring too.

TravisG

TravisG

Awards
  • Established
I see, well done for an example. I just making sure knowone is getting into that half rep crap. I have a friend that says he can rep 345 but he only moves the stack 3 inches. its insane. no range of motion.

Random181

Awards
  • Established
The video imprezivr6 posted shows the movement correctly...the range of motion is the same if not greater with the elbows at 45 degrees rather than flared at 90...standard DB benching with the elbows at 90 just kills my shoulders...For me it also feels like the chest is working far more and the front delts far less with the elbows at 45...its a full range of motion bro :)

TravisG

TravisG

Awards
  • Established
The less you can incorperate the front delts on chest day the better. my chest is always cooked but my front delts are always hammered as well. I dont think iver ever had a chest day where my anterior delts arnt sore the next day as well. i believe its due to my unflexability in my shoulders.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
delsolrob Workout Logs 24
CaribouMT Workout Logs 5
Smont Cycle Logs 4353
-MVP- Workout Logs 1
Anthony_ Workout Logs 349