DC Training -- h0other stYle

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
I've never done one of these before but I figure if I got time to argue college football I might as well put up some time for this too. Hopefully in the process I can get out some more recognition to DC Training which is a program i've done in the past with great results and plan to continue in the future.

-For more info on DC Training check out IntenseMuscle or sub here and i'm sure you will learn alot!

Background On Me: I've been lifting for 4 years pretty hardcore. I started this journey at 5'10 140 pounds and have gotten up to 226 pounds but am now back down to 210 at a respectable bf%. I believe in lifting heavy and that the more weight you do the more muscle you'll pack on. Thus a program that is made to progress through weights quickly(DC) will mean more muscle for me.

Goals:
I have a servere case of Body Dysmorphia combined with me being uber-competitive which leads to me ALWAYS wanting to be big. Short term i'd like to get down to 200 at 7-8%bf then clean bulk my way to oblivion.

Measurements as of 4/21/09:
Arms: 18"
Shoulder: 53 1/2"
Waist: 34 1/2"
Chest: 47"
Calves: 16 1/2"
Forearms: 15"
Thigh: 26 1/2"
Hips: 40"
Neck: 18"
Weight 222 ( have since lost 10-12 pounds, hopefully a majority fat :))

Supplements(I am a supplement addict, forgive me):
-ATW Protein
-T-911
-Blue-Up
-Lean Xtreme
-ECY Stack
-Fish Oils
-Fenugreek
-Horny Goat Weed(This stuff tastes TERRIBLE)
-Xtend
-Jacked (add in Beta-Alanine)
-Creatine Mono

Workout Plan:
A1:
Flat DB BP
Machine SP
RG Smith Press
WG Pulldowns
Rack Deads

A2:
Hammer Strength Decline
DB Shoulder Press
CG Bench Press
Rack Chins
BB Row

A3:
Incline DB BP
Smith SP
Leaning Skull Crushers
Hammer Mach. Row
Deadlift

B1:
Preacher Curl
RG Curl
Calf Press
Lying Hamstring Curl
Hack Squat

B2:
BB Curl
Pinwheel Curl
Seated Calf Press
SLDL
Leg Press

B3:
Alt DB Curl
RG
Calf Press
Seated Leg Curl
Leg Extension

I'll post some more up about it later, I got a big accounting test tommorow I need to study for!! SUB to this thread!!! I'd enjoy your feedback!

Random181

Awards
  • Established
Im subbed! :) good luck bro be careful with that flat BB bench though I know dante doesnt seem to keen on them, either way ill be following!

edit: "A2" nice choices thats gonne be a pretty dam fun workout there

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
You're right, I thought I changed that but I guess I forgot to. I'm thinking for my chest DB Incline/Hammer Decline/DB Flat? Or I could do the hammer incline instead of the DB incline. hmmmm ... You pick lol.

Random181

Awards
  • Established
I personally love DB incline :) just be careful with it a couple months back I pulled my shoulder joint half out doing the lockout on them:worried: Ill be doing them again though I just love them to much :)

edit: Mind if I start my own DC thread? we could start a club:D

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
hah Yeah man please do. I'll join up. I should be starting up the actual DC routine Tuesday. I'm just messing around with weights right now so I know exactly what to start with when I go into strict DC. I did set a PR on preacher curl yesterday though 110x11x6x3=20. Put up 500x5 on Rack Dead too, I'm hoping that number is in the 600's in the next month or 2.

Random181

Awards
  • Established
I feel very small after reading those weights :p j/k very nice bro :)

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
Biceps have always been my strong point. Shoulders had been lagging until rescently, put up 100pd DB's 6 times on shoulder press last week. Chest is eh, For starting at 85 pounds I guess not too bad(my PR is 315x5). I really have baught into the DC principals and believe that the way i'll get the size I want to be is to get STRONG.

enichole

enichole

Awards
Goals:
I have a servere case of Body Dysmorphia combined with me being uber-competitive which leads to me ALWAYS wanting to be big. Short term i'd like to get down to 200 at 7-8%bf then clean bulk my way to oblivion.

Measurements as of 4/21/09:
Arms: 18"
Shoulder: 53 1/2"
Waist: 34 1/2"
Chest: 47"
Calves: 16 1/2"
Forearms: 15"
Thigh: 26 1/2"
Hips: 40"
Neck: 18"
Weight 222 ( have since lost 10-12 pounds, hopefully a majority fat :))

Supplements(I am a supplement addict, forgive me):
-ATW Protein
-T-911
-Blue-Up
-Lean Xtreme
-ECY Stack
-Fish Oils
-Fenugreek
-Horny Goat Weed(This stuff tastes TERRIBLE)
-Xtend
-Jacked (add in Beta-Alanine)
-Creatine Mono
Yes, I can attest for the body dysmorphia...when clearly (by your measurements) you are one big boy ;)

I'm definitely subbed...but I basically see it all in action anyway! Can't wait to watch/read about your progress!

PS i'm his girlfriend, not some random weirdo member! he taught me everything i know about lifting :D

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
subbed bro. Nice to see someone else doing a DC training log. I've got one going myself right now. Good luck with your training and i'll be watching to see how it's going for you.

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
Thanks man, what lifts do you do different from mine? What I have up there isn't set in stone so if I think there is something i'm missing that is a improvement i'd be willing to change it.

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
Before I start studying, i'll give you guys a exclusive. Haha this is me when I was 19, right when I was starting to work out. All 145 pounds of me looking like I should be on a commercial begging for food.

Laugh it up.

Notice though my little pouch at the bottom of my abs. That thing is almost IMPOSSIBLE to get rid of.

Random181

Awards
  • Established
:) Wow thats pretty cool, A girlfriend who supports lifting, hes looky to have you. Good luck to ya both anyhow :)

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
No hitting on her!! lol .. She doesn't support it, she joins it! I got her doing SLDL's, Squats and a bunch of things you normally don't see attractive females doing. She might be more dedicated than me! I'm proud of her that's for sure!

enichole

enichole

Awards
No hitting on her!! lol .. She doesn't support it, she joins it! I got her doing SLDL's, Squats and a bunch of things you normally don't see attractive females doing. She might be more dedicated than me! I'm proud of her that's for sure!
You just made my day! :D

I still can't believe that is you in that picture...

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Subbed bro. You should post some pictures to show people out there what DC can do for you. You have some beast measurements (no homo)

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
I'm waiting until I get sub 10% to post pic's so the muscle I have can be seen without coverage. I'm guessing 1-2 more weeks and I'll get some pics up.

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
Believe I still have alot of room to progress in that exercise. Do you not think it's compound enough? What do you recommend I switch it with?

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Believe I still have alot of room to progress in that exercise. Do you not think it's compound enough? What do you recommend I switch it with?
Eh.. if you really feel it is the best choice, that is your call, but it is generally not recommended..

Squats, front squats, box squats, V-Squat, etc would all be better choices IMO.

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
I had knee surgery 8 months ago and have not gotten to the point where I feel comfortable squatting yet. I will see what I can do though, thanks for the suggestion.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I had knee surgery 8 months ago and have not gotten to the point where I feel comfortable squatting yet. I will see what I can do though, thanks for the suggestion.
Ya, my knees are shot as well, so i feel your pain(literally).:)

Box squats tend to be easier on me.

I am surprised heavy ass extensions don't bother you.. I did some on my last cruise, and they felt worse then squats.lol

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
It's not as much i'm scared they will bother me as me not having faith in them and scared i'd go down and never come back up. I really should start doing them light soon just to try to get this mental block out of my head.

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
Day 2 Update:
I have a big Income Taxation test tommorow so I spent today studying. Tommorow I will be in the gym after my test just finishing up getting my starting weights set for this blast. I plan on actually beggining strict DC Training again on Tuesday. My diet rescently has been high protein/low cal I try to aim for 2000cal/300g protein. It has really worked well combined with the ECY stack to shed some fat. In the process I have lost some strength though.

Question -- What % bf would you say I was in that picture I posted from 4 years ago? I want to say I was around 10% which really sucks because my lower abs hold ALOT of fat. I'm guessing I will need to be around 8% to allow them to see the sunshine. What do you guys think?

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
Pic's from todays semi-workout

Today I went to the gym after studying all day to do terrible on a test. I was exhausted so I just did some basic stuff, i'm saving my CNS for this DC blast starting Tuesday. While waiting for my workout partner to come I had my g/f take some pictures with my phone, excuse the quality but it will give you an idea of what i'm working with.

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
Day 3 Update:
Weight today was 209, I've gotten to where I can just got a small pinch from my stomach so I hopefully wont have too much more to go in this cut before I can lean bulk. Stopped by iHop tonight and had Grilled Tolapia(sp) with Brocolli, it said on the menu it had 150cal and 39g protein spot fat and spot carb. Not too bad for a late night snack. In the gym today I basically just got my starting weights right for DC. Did some of the lifts that I wasn't positive what I should be starting with to get in the desired rep range. This cut is really killing my strength, i'm so ready to get out of this cal/carb deficit!

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
Day 5 Update:
This weekend I ate pretty much according to schedule(about 500cal under maintenence with high protein(300+). Tommorow I am getting my body fat checked for the first time. I'm getting it done at my University fitness center at the Wellness Services area. I'm hoping for 10-12% but I really dont know what it will be. I know it wont be EXACT but it will be as close as I can possibly get at this moment to knowing. I'm hoping I can get down to the % I want to be in the next 3 weeks then I will be able to get to building muscle again, cleanly this time. Tommorow is also the start to my second DC blast. I will post my lifts/reps up tommorow but this is what I have planned:

A1:
Flat DB Press 15-20RP
Upright Row 11-20RP
RG Smith Press 11-15RP
WG Pulldowns 15-20RP
Rack Deads 5SS
9-12SS

Hope everyone had a good memorial weekend, feel free to POST in this log! It gives me something to do other than study haha.

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
11.2% bf. She calipered my chest/abdomen/thigh .. It honestly hurt on my thigh quite a bit. She told me I was skinny enough and to stop trying to lose fat but I am going to get down to about 8-9%. I weighed 206 so I guess I'll be right at 200 at 8% which is about where I was aiming for. E/C/Y stack is definitely what I have to thank for the pounds of fat off lately, it's been a good stack. I will update tonight after the gym with my lifts from todays workout.

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
nice job on getting the BF down. Let's get those numbers posted now so we can see what kind of weight your throwing around.

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
Looking good man. I am really interested in switching to DC Training. I have been reading lots on it, but have not made the switch yet. Partially because I still think I have too much bf% to attempt it and also since my back is still jacked I am limited in how heavy I can go on legs and some of the key exercises.

I hope to learn quite a bit from your journey so good luck to you.

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
Welcome and thanks for the rep! The BF% wouldn't be a problem but if I was just starting DC i'd make sure I was in tip top form(legs and back) because it is very demanding. Even more so than physically demanding it is VERY mentally demanding. People dont realize how much desire it takes to go to complete failure and then less than 30 seconds later be ready to push your body to that extreme again. In the end it is very rewarding though. If you have any questions about anything dealing with it i'd be glad to do what I can to help! I'll be posting my lifts up later from tonights workout. Hopefully they aren't too embarassing :). This cut REALLY took alot of strength out of me. I have a bad habit of not being able to ease into things and when I say I am going to cut I go into "crazed cutter mode". I refuse to eat anything with unneccesary calories/carbs and it really almost turns into a sickness. Thus I most likely did burn a few pounds of muscle off and I know I burned 1/2 inch off my arms as they were only 17 1/2" last night. I am just hoping that after it's complete I will be able to maintain sub par 10% while building muscle consistently. Sorry for the length of this though! I'll be back tonight!

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
There are 2 more of these in his series, I watched them last night. Pretty insightful stuff from a VERY intelligent guy.

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
A1:
Flat DB Press 15-20RP -- 100's x 13 x 3 x 3-Disappointed, I bombed it after the first set
Upright Row 11-20RP 110x11x5x3-First time doing this in a long time
RG Smith Press 11-15RP-245x11x4x3-Going up next week probably to 260
WG Pulldowns 5SS 260x5
9-12SS 180x9-5 second negatives every rep
Rack Deads 5SS - 550x4- Lost grip for 5th, honestly if I have a good grip I think I can pull 600+ fairly easy on this lift.
9-12SS - 405x12 - Going up to 425 next week.

Overall my workout was OK. More intensity than i've been showing but still not where I want to be. I am going to have to do my B1 workout tommorow because I have a final Friday and want all of Thursday night to study. So I will be posting that workout and those lifts up tommorow. Any critique or suggestions?

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Nice numbers buddy. Definitely looking strong on the rack deads.

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
Appreciate it man, I love that lift. If I can figure out a way to get better grip I am hoping for 700+ in the next few months. I love watching the bar bend when it's sitting there before I lift it :)

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
B1:
Preacher Curl 11-15RP - 115x9x4x1(5 sec negative on last rep)
RG Curl 15SS - 100x14
Calf Press 10SS - 360x10 (5 sec up, 5 sec stretch)
Lying Hamstring Curl 20-30RP - 140x17x7x6
Machine Hack Squat 5SS - 360x10
20SS -240x20

Overall the workout was good. Disappointed with my preacher curls. After 110 pounds I have to pile weights onto a preacher bar and it feels too bulky. My quads/hamstrings are still cramping from this leg workout.

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Nice workout man.

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
thanks, you too. I'm so happy I get 2 days off now, I need it.

On a side note: I know they do not recommend DC training to people who have not been training consistently for 3+ years but I have a friend who I am bringing along the journey with me who is "athletic" per se but has not been consistent in the gym. I know he is not ready for this program physically but he definitely is mentally. He is one of the hardest workers i've seen lifting, he impresses me with every lift. But I am using him as a guinea pig to see how this workout works for someone like him(and it gives me a spot :D). I will let you guys know how that works out too so you can see how someone who might not be physically ready but is mentally ready handles DC Training.

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Isn't it the best feeling in world!!

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
A1:
Flat DB Press 15-20RP -- 100's x 13 x 3 x 3-Disappointed, I bombed it after the first set
Upright Row 11-20RP 110x11x5x3-First time doing this in a long time
RG Smith Press 11-15RP-245x11x4x3-Going up next week probably to 260
WG Pulldowns 5SS 260x5
9-12SS 180x9-5 second negatives every rep

Rack Deads 5SS - 550x4- Lost grip for 5th, honestly if I have a good grip I think I can pull 600+ fairly easy on this lift.
9-12SS - 405x12 - Going up to 425 next week.
Not sure what your doin on those pulldowns.. Should just be RP'ng them..

Also on bi's they should be in the 15-20, or 20-30 rp range.

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
Notes taken Impresiv, thanks.

Sorry for the layoff, i've been studying night and day for a final I took tonight. Good news though, I did well! Tommorow I will be back in the gym with workout A2. This workout consists of:
A1
Hammer Strength Incline 11-15RP
DB Shoulder Press 20-30RP
CG Bench Press 11-15RP
Rack Chins 15-20RP
BB Row 5SS
9-12SS

Feel free to let me know if I should make any changes to this workout and I will check tommorow before I goto the gym.

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
Sorry for the layoff, i've had a BUSY weekend with school and various things so I still haven't gotten to my last workout. It will be happening when I get out of class tonight at 9:45 so i'll post up numbers then. I'm guessing everyone thought it was perfect considering I had no negative feedback on it :).

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Crush It! Let's see some big numbers!

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
I can already feel my shoulders exploding from 20-30 reps in a minute and a half. Might have to do it with the 12.5 pounders ;)

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
ehh not impressive.

Hammer Strength Incline 11-15RP -- 290x8x4x4
DB Shoulder Press 20-30RP -- 80sx12x5x3
CG Bench Press 11-15RP -- 245-7x3x3
Rack Chins 15-20RP -- +45x15x8x7 (first time ever doing this)
BB Row 5SS 225x7
9-12SS 135x20

School is killing my motivation for the gym, being tired all the time doesn't mix well with intensity in the gym for me. Forgot my iPod too which didn't help. I am getting WAY more cut though, this ECA stack is A++. I've got to be getting pretty close to 10%, I look like a completely different person.