Smeton's countdown to NGA Nashville - AnabolicMinds.com

Smeton's countdown to NGA Nashville

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Smeton's countdown to NGA Nashville

This is really just a log for me to see what I did this into this competition so i know what I did. Dorian yates said to keep track on what you did in a journal and it makes perfect sense, esp during pre-contest time.

Alright starting this whole thing off Ive been using homon's (thats where I got this idea from)idea of cutting than stopping for a week or two, upping calories and then cutting again. its brillant , esp if you need to lose.

Stared in Novemeber dieting went untill febuary did the anabolicminds contest

took a three week break, started back end of febuary, and went untill May the 6th did another contest

and now......of course strength is going to be down as Im already decently lean

Just took a week break for physical and mental recuperation. and Start back coming up Thuresday. During this time I eat healthy I also allow myself for cravings, within reason.

Pre-contest diet is different than the gaining mass diet or offseason diet. This is what pre-contest diet is Sweet potatoes, brown rice, lots of vegtables, broccoli, zuchinni,cabbage, spinach, kale, carrots you get the drift
    protein pretty much the last month I increase fish intake fish thins the skin. I know you could say just take fish oil I take it I think good old fish is best. That doesnt mean i wont eat red meat here and there or eggs or chicken etc other protein sources.

Cardio is done in the morning low intensity for an hour. seperated by a few meals later weight training is done four days per week. Im ultilizing Dc's three way split and if pre-contest drain gets too intense I'll switch to maintance training, which in the past it has and had to switch, we will see this time.

Carb rotating- basically its a low carb days and when my body tells me its too drained of energy from the intense pre-contest phase then I'll up carbs to a moderate or even higher carb day(or higher than moderate day, then back to low for a while or higher/higher...be creative with this). Justin Harris did an execellent interview on MD forums explaining how this works.

My goal is to be onstage in Nashville competing in The Nga Night of champions heavyweight class ripped. Im going by the mirror if I have to out numbers to it the numbers would be is to lose 10-15 lbs of body-fat and gain 5-10 lbs of muscle.

and I know pre-contest it the time to hold on to the muscle you have I think its possible for me to add some muscle. Creatine works well for me and Ill be starting this either this week or the next week, this always adds about five lbs. Beta alanine is another product that works well for strength Ill be adding this when I start back training.

In addition I have given my body a full week break from any physcial exercises and also the pressure of counting calories and enjoying foods. This semi-rebound will kick start my training and I will take advantage of what rebound I have. The Intensity most likely will be higher these first weeks and dwindle down as I lose body-fat, all the cardio and deprivation Ill be putting my body though.

(Ps Im so ready for the two way split again. One thing at a time though this pre-contest prep is the first step)

Thats all I can think of for now Ill edit anything in if I do think of something to add
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Putting Molecular Nutritions tingle-free Peak beta to the test

okay training is in this log for now.

diet today
    310 protein
    100 carbs
    60 fat
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  3. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Saturday- all cardio and weight training is in other log
    320 protein
    100 carbs
    70 fat
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Sunday
    285 protein
    150 carbs
    50 fats

one thing I want to say is listen to your body. many guys follow I must do abc to get this effect. when your body is telling you to dont do cardio that day or it'll not beneifit it listen to it, on the other hand if you dont feel like and know itll help your body-thats no excuse ..get it done!.

same with nutrition if your body is in the super I called it outer spaced pre contest mode and your energy levels are so gone and your body needs a high or moderate carb day for God sake do it..just because the formula abc says not too. listen to your body. with that said the formulas are still very useful.
  5. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Body felt like it needed carbs so i listened to it
    350 protein the protein farts smell my room up at night soo bad and I take acidpholuis and digestive enzymes
    270 carbs
    25 fat
  6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

285 protein
    180 carbs
    50 fat
    on a side note taking in a ton of veggies! mushrooms, spinach, broccoli, carrots, yellow squash, zunchinni squcah, tomatoes, salads
  7. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Yep! Listen to your body. All the best.
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.

Good luck, and keep working hard. I'm trying to learn about dieting more, so I will be following along.
    Think training's hard,. try losing!
  9. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

260 protein
    70 carbs
    70 fat
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

You know I am a big advocate of the journal! Keep at it and keep taking those enzymes! Don't wanna be scarin' off friends n' fam haha.
  11. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by mattikus View Post
    You know I am a big advocate of the journal! Keep at it and keep taking those enzymes! Don't wanna be scarin' off friends n' fam haha.

310 protein
    130 carbs
    50 fat
  12. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

350 protein
    140 carbs
    70 fat
  13. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

305 protein
    75 carbs
    50 fat

Today was a cardio day and on cardio days I thought Id lower calories a bit. Tomorrow is a refeed day im not going crazy, since my bodyfat levels arn't to the point I can go all out on refeeds.

Weight is 221.8 shoes off this was on thuresday after two meals. I expect to come in at 210 lbs.

next week The plan is to continue to do... just a general outline...if I think that no cardio that day will benefit me because Im too drained or whatever I'll do what i think is best.
    cardio .....weights
    cardio......weights
    cardio
    cardio...weights
    weights...
    cardio

This week has been great and I see some mometum going this next week I'd like to step things up this week
    carb cycling.....low carbs ..and when I think I really can benefit a higher carb day

these are just examples and not meant to be followed to the t. a low carb day I want to do might be
    monday--80 carbs, tuesday 80 carbs, wednesday...80 carbs....thuresday feeling really worn out so its 250 carbs...friday 80 carbs, saturday 80 carbs...not set in stone, more of feeling how my body responds... just something I just made up on the spot just now for myself next week. I guess Ill try this out and reaccess and see how this works after the next week.
    protein high esp on training days..fats about 20 %
    Last edited by John Smeton; 05-25-2009 at 03:19 AM. Reason: got up that night and got 50 grams of protein
  14. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

today nothing at all...=)
    265 protein
    420 carbs
    60 fat
    thats over 3000 k's and maybe counter-intutive for some people. Moreover, it works like a charm . Hey, might as well work on my grammar some in this thread; it was a minor in college and if you dont use it you lose it.

when I did my refeed meal I felt my metabolism go on like a furance, then went into a carb coma. I did my refeed carbs all in one meal

this week Im breaking out the spices the food is too bland and have been doing this too long and looking up spice recipes online
  15. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Good luck man.. do you have any pics from your last show? any current pics?
  16. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by imprezivr6 View Post
    Good luck man.. do you have any pics from your last show? any current pics?
    Yes and Thanks. These are May 6th 2009 about 7-8 weeks out, today am five weeks out and might not have any untill the show because Im too lazy today.

the last page on this link there are some pictures

Abdominals are looking good today after the small refeed. Skip just done NPC junior nationals I think and said something like he loaded two hours before the show. Im interesting in finding out why he did this.

Still got a good ten pounds to lose to be stage ready..maybe more. im just giving ballpark figure..I dont mean Ill be 210 lbs on stage ..could be 215, could be 205, time will tell.Will be whatever the scale says at the weight in the day of the show and probally stop scale a couple weeks before the show. Weight is just used to see the progress each week.

17. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

alright > Cardio only day
    300 protein
    60 carbs
    70 fat
  18. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

cardio one hour lower-moderate cardio upon awaking, seperate later on ..weights.
    330 protein
    100 carbs
    65 fat
  19. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

weights only..energy levels were low so listened to body and upped carbs
    335 protein
    200 carbs
    50 fat
  20. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

cardio 40 minutes, seperated by weights
    260 protein
    110 carbs
    60-65 fats
  21. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Im taking a whole month off from everything to let my body heal in a couple months or even before if I must.

I went to my doctor yesterday and I have grion tendinitis and shoulder tendinitis. the groin is from the adductor machine and the shoulder dont know its inflamed..maybe a variety of things. I know this Im spending a good 10-15 minutes warming up and stretching before I even begin warmuping on with weights from now on.

My doctor gave me prednisone yesterday which heals up healing 3 x's as fast. Ill take it when I take my month long break.

315 protein
    70 carbs
    50 fat

I went well below bmr today and was flexing my abs today outside in the sun, they are coming in, however still a good pinch of fat to get off. seeing what I saw today raised my confidence levels.
  22. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

down three lbs this week which is perfect 2-3 pounds a week is the goal. Im really not worried about my strength and setting PRs as Im just maintaining the muscle I have while focused on being ripped and shedded onstage. Everything is on track and four weeks away!

last night got up in middle of the night and ate shredded cheese. not somethign I like to eat pre-contest as dairy tends to bloat.

275 protein
    120 carbs
    75 fat

I for sure got my calorie minus bmr today...
  23. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

today
    nada -relaxed
    refeed day
    500 carbs
    50 fat
    not much protein a little tip on refeeds: supplement luecine with the carb meals
  24. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Monday(yesterday)
    300 protein
    200 carbs
    75 fat
    one hour cardio, seperated, weights(legs)
  25. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

one hour water cardio........................ ...then weights

dont even know it was about like yesterday with less carbs I ate clean I didnt count. the last couple days I listened to my body by keeping carbs higher. Now I think going low carb for a few days will benefit me in losing body fat so low carbs here I come. Its taking the body offguard!
  26. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

The schedule was to do cardo today; however, My body was worn out and it was better that I didnt do it. I listened to my body and reaped the rewards. ahh feels good to take a day off and let my body heal its self .
    protein 320 grams
    fat 80 grams
    carbs zero- except the vegtables I got in which i dont count
  27. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

250 protein weights only ..I could have done cardio today.
    110 carbs
    50 fat
  28. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

300 protein
    70 carbs
    50 fats
    one hour cardio
  29. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

235 protein cardio only today..
    120 carbs
    50 fat
  30. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

my bmr is about 2,200 so Im actually aiming for 500 less than that, exercise included everyday. Im three weeks out and my goal is to just look as good as I can.
    275 protein
    130 carbs
    65 fats

Ive switched to differenttraining so i can focus more on cardio.
    goes like
    chest
    biceps forearms, key calve exercise
    quadiceps, abdominals
    shoulders triceps
    hamstrings calves
    Abdominals,back width, backthickness

Training is in Peak beta log.
  31. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

my bmr is about 2,200 so Im actually aiming for 500 less than that, exercise included everyday. Im three weeks out and my goal is to just look as good as I can.
    275 protein
    130 carbs
    65 fats

Ive switched to differenttraining so i can focus more on cardio.
    goes like
    chest
    biceps forearms, key calve exercise
    quadiceps, abdominals
    shoulders triceps
    hamstrings calves
    Abdominals,back width, backthickness

Training is in Peak beta log.
  32. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

upped cardio intensity

cardio one hour, weights
    290 protein
    100 carbs
    50 fat
  33. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

last night I was starving from all the cardio and everything

so I took in another 100 carbs

today
    235 protein
    90 carbs
    50 fats
    cardio 45 minutes, weights(in My Peak beta log)

Untill im done I may keep eating like this. Im two and a half weeks away and Im not going to lose much musclemass if I eat like today the rest of the time. I ate like this because appetite has been crushed today from ECa stack. hopefully itll stay this way untill the end.

If I think Im taking in too low calories with my cardio I'll up them.
  34. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

last night I was starving from all the cardio and everything

so I took in another 100 carbs

today
    235 protein
    90 carbs
    50 fats
    cardio 45 minutes, weights(in My Peak beta log)

Untill im done this contest I may keep eating like this. I know its not the highest protein...Im two and a half weeks away and Im not going to lose much musclemass if I eat like today the rest of the time(2.5 weeks). I ate like this because appetite has been crushed today from ECa stack. hopefully itll stay this way untill the end.

If I think Im taking in too low calories with my cardio I'll up them.

*note* ive been taking luecine on workout days and even non workout days I think this has helped a lot

Leucine around workouts below

something like 3-6grams with before whole meal

3-6 grams intra workout qith protein shake,dextose, creatine

3-6 grams with next meal..

timing this all around the workout had helped a lot.Luecine I recommend any serious bodybuilder gets it whether pre-contest or not.

Today got in about two gallons of water and thats the goal two gallons. Im still thisty!
  35. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

today took off
    275 protein
    80 carbs
    30 fat

well did about a thirty minute walk
  36. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

270 protein weights, seperated by cardio
    155 carbs
    55 fat
  37. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

260 protein weights
    150 carbs
    60 fat
  38. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

220 protein cardio, weights
    150 carbs
    70 fat
  39. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Today is he last refeed before the refeed before the show.

200 protein..with some of the carb meals I took 5 grams luecine instead of protein
    350-400 carbohydrates
    50 fat
    weights, then cardio lower-moderate intensity but not lower. after this refeed energy levels should go up and will put in as much as I can into cardio.

on a sidenote a couple days ago my stomach area was better than normal and muscles looked flat. If its a trade off Im going to have to lean toward with the more flat look.
  40. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

today was
    cardio 45 minutes lowerto moderate, weights
    270 protein
    150 carbs
    50 fats

drank two gallons today. I feel like im going flat already, its like a depleted feeling almost in the muscles and I had a refeed day the day before.
    I dont know I can only learn from this. time for them zzzzzzz's

Similar Forum Threads

1. Dr in Nashville?
    By fenstermaker in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-23-2011, 10:40 PM
  2. NGA Nashville show
    By John Smeton in forum Natural Bodybuilding
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-13-2010, 05:25 PM
  3. Nashville, TN - Trainers
    By Rivethead in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 0