-Weighted Sit Ups: "3 x 10"
-Hanging Leg Raises: "1 x 15"

Nutrition
Meal 1- Eggs, Cereal
Meal 2- Grilled Chicken, Brown Rice, Applesauce
Meal 3- Whey Protein
Meal 4- Tuna, Veggies
Meal 5- Grilled Chicken, Brown Rice, Applesauce
Meal 6- MuscleMilk (slow releasing proteins, casein)

Random181

Awards
  • Established
hmm, training looks okay, in terms of diet though I would suggest you switch meals 3 and 5 around, that way you get your carbs earlier in the day, Good luck bro :)

GymRat7197

GymRat7197

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, good suggestion in terms of carbohydrates. I just like taking my whey protein shake post-workout.

I suppose that I can meals three and four around though!

GymRat7197

GymRat7197

Awards
  • Established
To add- my bench max is 275 (on a good day), squat max is unknown and deadlift max is 300.

I know that my lower and upper body are terribly unproportioned. But I train for upper body mass mainly :p

I'm aware that deadlifts and squats both can produce loads of upper body mass through increasing testosterone. But I just love training upper body from some reason :).

I hate the feeling of not being able to walk correctly after a workout!

GymRat7197

GymRat7197

Awards
  • Established
Today's workout session...

Week 1-Workout 1

Flat Bench Press:

205 lbs | 3 sets | 5 reps

Incline Bench Press:
135 lbs | 2 sets | 10 reps

Alternating Dumbell Curls:
40 lbs | 3 sets | 10 reps

Barbell Curls:
75 lbs | 2 sets | 10 reps

Chins:
BW | 1 set | 7 reps (f)

Comments:- This isn't really a max effort day today or anything, I normally lift a tad bit heavier. I just took two weeks off due to college finals (I'm a computer science; exercise science student). Next week I'll increase most lifts by 5 lbs.

Random181

Awards
  • Established
lol I know how you feel about not wanting to do squats Ive only got a smith machine for them so they end up messin up my back as well which doesnt help tbh, so is that whey shake your post workout shake? I thought what youd posted up was a everyday diet and you were using that as a standard meal, if it was your post workout shake then I was wrong and it should stay where it is. So what is your offday diet? the same thing minus the shake? If so do you have the macros for it? also what is your goal? still bulking or trying to 'recomp' or cut?

GymRat7197

GymRat7197

Awards
  • Established
lol I know how you feel about not wanting to do squats Ive only got a smith machine for them so they end up messin up my back as well which doesnt help tbh, so is that whey shake your post workout shake? I thought what youd posted up was a everyday diet and you were using that as a standard meal, if it was your post workout shake then I was wrong and it should stay where it is. So what is your offday diet? the same thing minus the shake? If so do you have the macros for it? also what is your goal? still bulking or trying to 'recomp' or cut?
My off diet is exactly what you said. The same thing minus the shake.

I'm sadly still bulking, I know my bodyfat is pretty high, but I just need more mass before I cut. I plan on starting a significant cut next year around January.

I wouldn't use a smith machine personally, I would use a power rack as machines cancel the utilization of stabilizers.

I hate squats though, I actually like deadlifts but couldn't fit them in anywhere. I'm more about the upper body mass, I have gynecomastia so I have to give special attention to my chest and hit it at various areas, switching up grip, etc. The sad thing is is I have a pretty big chest, so therefore if I can get surgery in the next couple of years I'll have a well developed chest. My upper back can use some work, so I'm alternating grip on my pullup, I may even include two sets of latpulldowns afterwords.

I just tried to post a pic but it said I have to have 50 posts first.

Random181

Awards
  • Established
You look pretty good from your avi bro. I would work out your calories for that diet though, tbh it doesnt sound like enough food for a bulk...I would also try getting some fast carbs in your post workout shake, try to get deadlifts back in if you can as well, they are the best mass builder IMO. Good luck

GymRat7197

GymRat7197

Awards
  • Established
You look pretty good from your avi bro. I would work out your calories for that diet though, tbh it doesnt sound like enough food for a bulk...I would also try getting some fast carbs in your post workout shake, try to get deadlifts back in if you can as well, they are the best mass builder IMO. Good luck
Since your post telling me about the anxiety bringing that guy down whilst using a PH, I'm considering not running HDROL. I am just coming out of a depression stage (I'm assuming the philosophy would apply to that).

Deadlifts on a back day wouldn't a bad idea, I am just trying to balance the volume for each day, I'll go back and edit and see if I can think of something else to add in.

Random181

Awards
  • Established
Do you mind if I put up a suggestion type workout?

gatoralum

Awards
Keep it up GymRat! You should try getting some simple carbs right after your workout as well as the protein in order to boost your insulin levels. Something like a banana, apple, or even waxy maize if you have the extra money ($20-$35 a jug).

gatoralum

Awards
One more thing- maybe add some fish to your diet to get the efa's. Salmon, tuna, mackerals, and sardines are good sources. Other than that it's looking pretty good.

cubbiesfan

Awards
Subbed (1st one too)! So your on a 3day split? You doin any cardio in between?

GymRat7197

GymRat7197

Awards
  • Established
Do you mind if I put up a suggestion type workout?
Feel free.

Keep it up GymRat! You should try getting some simple carbs right after your workout as well as the protein in order to boost your insulin levels. Something like a banana, apple, or even waxy maize if you have the extra money ($20-$35 a jug).
I've always heard of simple carbs pre-workout but never post-workout, I'll add a banana to my post-workout whey protein shake, thanks for the suggestion. :)

GymRat7197

GymRat7197

Awards
  • Established
Subbed (1st one too)! So your on a 3day split? You doin any cardio in between?
Nope, no cardio. Although this summer, that will most likely change. My heart isn't in the best condition due to lack of cardiovascular exercise over the last three years in which I've spent bulking, I cut 20 pounds; however, only through a calorie deficient, didn't do cardio then.

I'll probably take up late afternoon runs, if it were a cutting phase, I would do early morning runs on an empty stomach after some BCAAs and a 1 scoop whey protein shake.

buster0371

buster0371

Awards
  • Established
SUBBED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (i like this guy)

hey is the new avi you gymrat?

buster0371

buster0371

Awards
  • Established
Feel free.

I've always heard of simple carbs pre-workout but never post-workout, I'll add a banana to my post-workout whey protein shake, thanks for the suggestion. :)
its the opposite! complex carbs pre, simple post, simple durring if your gonna mix it with bcaa

waxi maize is only like 12 bucks at NP

GymRat7197

GymRat7197

Awards
  • Established
its the opposite! complex carbs pre, simple post, simple durring if your gonna mix it with bcaa

waxi maize is only like 12 bucks at NP
Thanks for clearing that up, that does make a bit more sense. :)

I'll do a bit of re-arranging on the nutrition and post back up.

buster0371

buster0371

Awards
  • Established
To add- my bench max is 275 (on a good day), squat max is unknown and deadlift max is 300.

I know that my lower and upper body are terribly unproportioned. But I train for upper body mass mainly :p

I'm aware that deadlifts and squats both can produce loads of upper body mass through increasing testosterone. But I just love training upper body from some reason :).

I hate the feeling of not being able to walk correctly after a workout!
i love the look of big wheels, to me that is a sign of a mans man! if your at the beach and you can tell some guys got giant legs under his board shorts, thats how you know he's not messing around. Also your legs need to grow in order for your upper body to grow. Your body wants to grow proportionally and your upper body progress will come to a hault if your legs don't grow

GymRat7197

GymRat7197

Awards
  • Established
I know, I realize that I'm only cheating myself by abandoning the two biggest mass building exercises (squats and deadlifts) but I keep insisting on not exhausting myself with them. I'm going to try to find a place to add both of them in. I noticed when I incorporated deadlifts that my bench press went up about 15 pounds (probably due to an increase in testosterone).

buster0371

buster0371

Awards
  • Established
I know, I realize that I'm only cheating myself by abandoning the two biggest mass building exercises (squats and deadlifts) but I keep insisting on not exhausting myself with them. I'm going to try to find a place to add both of them in. I noticed when I incorporated deadlifts that my bench press went up about 15 pounds (probably due to an increase in testosterone).
yeah that is pretty interesting! maybe just your whole body got stronger. i love all power lifting to build that really powerful solid base for body building. I saw your thread about prime. my friends have used it and they think its ok. 40 year old men said it makes them feel 20. my friends are 20 and dont knowtice much.... but me and a few of my friends have tried diesel test hardcore, and OMG. that stuff is no joke!

GymRat7197

GymRat7197

Awards
  • Established
Diesel test hardcore, eh? I'll search it.

I hear a lot of guys that don't know much recommending stuff. Like someone telling me to try "dat dur cell tech". This is the same guy whom is 17 (he's a genetic freak, that makes him look big) but he doesn't know the difference in a compound and isolation movement, doesn't know what "volume" or "intensity" is, the principles in progressive resistance or progressive overload, etc. he's ran D-BOL twice and doesn't even take a cycle assist or PCT and it ONLY 17! He's annoying because he gives advice to younger guys and it's always horrible.

What was your experience with the diesel stuff?

buster0371

buster0371

Awards
  • Established
Diesel test hardcore, eh? I'll search it.

I hear a lot of guys that don't know much recommending stuff. Like someone telling me to try "dat dur cell tech". This is the same guy whom is 17 (he's a genetic freak, that makes him look big) but he doesn't know the difference in a compound and isolation movement, doesn't know what "volume" or "intensity" is, the principles in progressive resistance or progressive overload, etc. he's ran D-BOL twice and doesn't even take a cycle assist or PCT and it ONLY 17! He's annoying because he gives advice to younger guys and it's always horrible.

What was your experience with the diesel stuff?
yeah i know what your saying. or those scrawny kids in the gym giving advice to their friends about how to get big. LOL.

with DTH i put on 12lbs in 1 month. Of course kept it all, no sides, no suppression, just a little bit of backne here and there and a lot of aggression. If you work be careful at work with this stuff it gives you a short fuse! I liked 2 tabs a day, anything more and I would seriously get too aggressive and sometimes almost violent. 2 a day was crazy for libido and semen volume also. more than 2 a day seems to lessen libido and increase aggression.

Some people think the 12 lbs i put on were noob gains. My first 4 months of lifting i put on 40 lbs. (check the log in my signiture) I hit a plateau at around 150lbs, for a good week or two i didnt make any gains, than i took Diesel Test and smashed through my plateau, my first week i think i gained like 4-5 lbs! I gained a total of 12 lbs that month.

Everyone responds different so dont take my word for it that THAT WILL HAPPEN for you too. My friends responded well to it also, but they dont train as hard as me! They were basically just using it to get that alpha male feeling and start fights and arguements. I think they each gained a couple pounds over average that month. (mine probably was part noob gains, but regardless i broke a plateau!)

GymRat7197

GymRat7197

Awards
  • Established
yeah i know what your saying. or those scrawny kids in the gym giving advice to their friends about how to get big. LOL.
I'm with ya.

with DTH i put on 12lbs in 1 month. Of course kept it all, no sides, no suppression, just a little bit of backne here and there and a lot of aggression. If you work be careful at work with this stuff it gives you a short fuse! I liked 2 tabs a day, anything more and I would seriously get too aggressive and sometimes almost violent. 2 a day was crazy for libido and semen volume also. more than 2 a day seems to lessen libido and increase aggression.
It seems like it's a testosterone booster from my search?

A lot of guys were saying prime was a fraud.

Some people think the 12 lbs i put on were noob gains. My first 4 months of lifting i put on 40 lbs. (check the log in my signiture) I hit a plateau at around 150lbs, for a good week or two i didnt make any gains, than i took Diesel Test and smashed through my plateau, my first week i think i gained like 4-5 lbs! I gained a total of 12 lbs that month.
I know how you feel, I put on about 40 pounds in my first four months too, I started out at 125 pounds, this was about May of 2005, by December I was 170. I continued to bulk to 205 then cut down to 185, where I am now. We are the same height.

Everyone responds different so dont take my word for it that THAT WILL HAPPEN for you too. My friends responded well to it also, but they dont train as hard as me! They were basically just using it to get that alpha male feeling and start fights and arguements. I think they each gained a couple pounds over average that month. (mine probably was part noob gains, but regardless i broke a plateau!)
I need something to help surpass my 275 bench, a close to 400 lb deadlift wouldn't hurt either ;-).

I have reached a SERIOUS plateau.

buster0371

buster0371

Awards
  • Established
i would try dth then. 42$ gets you basically a 2 month supply. It is a natty test booster, and our test levels are running at optimum performance, but it covers so many basis and is the most complete test booster IMO. It frees up test from sex hormone binding globulin (shbg) which renders the test useless, it stops aromitization, it has tribulus, it convers LH into test (that is why there is a loss of libido at higher dosages), it provides serious aggression, it has crazy NO production, semen volume is off the charts! its like everythign you could possably want, they dont show the ingredients on NP anymore, but on the bottle the ingredients list is so freaking long!!!!!!!!!

Random181

Awards
  • Established
Okay heres what I would suggest you try for a workout:
Routine:

Day 1: Chest and Biceps
Preacher curl DB preacher curls 1 set
standing Barbell curl 1 set or standing DB curls (pick your favourite :))
DB bench press 1 set (elbows at 45 degrees out)
Incline DB bench 1 set
Flat DB flies 1 set

Day2:Legs, Abs
Squats 1 straight set, 1 widowmaker
Leg press 1 set.
Abs exercise of your choice

Day3: Back, Triceps, Forearms
Rack Deads 1 set
1 arm row 1 set
Wide grip pull downs 1 set
Skull crushers 1 set
Tricep pushdowns 1 set
Reverse cable curls 1 set

Day5: Shoulders, Abs
DB Shoulder press 1 set
Behind the neck press 1 set

Im guessing you are a fan reasonably high volume workouts? so im guessing this will seem like not enough volume (it will to most people), just make sure the workout is god dam intense, By using only 1 set per exercise, you can ensure you give that exercise your absolute all, this makes it easy to judge how well you are doing and to ensure continual progression. This workout layout also allows you to train abs twice a week, which is always good unless you have particulaly bad recovery ability.

buster0371

buster0371

Awards
  • Established
you should post some before pics up! by the end of this log you'll hit your goals for sure, the guys on this websight... some of them are pure genious, i could not have put on 40lbs in 4 months while staying under 10% bf if it wasnt for them!!!!

buster0371

buster0371

Awards
  • Established
Routine:

Incline DB bench 1 set
Flat DB flies 1 set

Leg press 1 set.

Rack Deads 1 set
1 arm row 1 set
Skull crushers 1 set
Tricep pushdowns 1 set

DB Shoulder press 1 set

Im guessing you are a fan reasonably high volume workouts? so im guessing this will seem like not enough volume (it will to most people), just make sure the workout is god dam intense, By using only 1 set per exercise, you can ensure you give that exercise your absolute all, this makes it easy to judge how well you are doing and to ensure continual progression.
random i dont understand your workout you suggested. you mean like 1 working set of rest pause with like 3 warmup sets? because your basically suggestion he does only 3-6 sets per day?!?!?!?!? i do like 16-20 sets a day

GymRat7197

GymRat7197

Awards
  • Established
I'll read some reviews, at age 19 I feel my testosterone levels should be pretty high already. Especially after I incorporate squats and deadlifts. I just need to break this 275 plateau!!!

GymRat7197

GymRat7197

Awards
  • Established
Routine:

Incline DB bench 1 set
Flat DB flies 1 set
No access to any dumbells at the moment, plus I'm trying to break a barbell plateau anyway. I'm wanting to do reps with 225 again.

Leg press 1 set.
I workout at home, no access to a leg press machine.

Rack Deads 1 set
1 arm row 1 set
Skull crushers 1 set
Tricep pushdowns 1 set
Can't do rack deadlifts, pullups are overall better than pulldowns seeing that involve more of the core. I have no problem with skull crushers or tricep pressdowns; however, dips involve more of the core so it's more preferred.

DB Shoulder press 1 set
Behind the neck presses aren't my thing.

Im guessing you are a fan reasonably high volume workouts? so im guessing this will seem like not enough volume (it will to most people), just make sure the workout is god dam intense, By using only 1 set per exercise, you can ensure you give that exercise your absolute all, this makes it easy to judge how well you are doing and to ensure continual progression. This workout layout also allows you to train abs twice a week, which is always good unless you have particulaly bad recovery ability.
I really prefer 2-4 sets of 4-6 reps personally; however, I appreciate the suggestions.

Random181

Awards
  • Established
I'll read some reviews, at age 19 I feel my testosterone levels should be pretty high already. Especially after I incorporate squats and deadlifts. I just need to break this 275 plateau!!!
Do those rack deads and the squat and widowmaker with all out intensity, you should easily brake through the plataue like it wasnt even there :)

GymRat7197

GymRat7197

Awards
  • Established
you should post some before pics up! by the end of this log you'll hit your goals for sure, the guys on this websight... some of them are pure genious, i could not have put on 40lbs in 4 months while staying under 10% bf if it wasnt for them!!!!
That's what I need! 10% bodyfat! I just need more mass at the moment.

I have before / after pics, but the before pics were taken while I was 17 and the after pics while I was 18. The most recent after pic I have is the one I had displayed on my avatar. If you view my MySpace, there's a back / trap / and calf picture. There's also my display picture in which I was just relaxed in my hallway before my workout.

buster0371

buster0371

Awards
  • Established
yeah im 21 and my test levels are maxed, but DTH did do something for me for sure! probably crippling the shbg, stoping est conversion, and converting LH helped a lot with the aggression.

it probably didnt necessarilly boost my test. it just got my body using it optimally! like im sure i didnt produce any more test, i was just using it most efficient. My body is probably already maxed out on test production!

Random181

Awards
  • Established
Purely out of interest what do you think it converted your lh to?

GymRat7197

GymRat7197

Awards
  • Established
it probably didnt necessarilly boost my test. it just got my body using it optimally! like im sure i didnt produce any more test, i was just using it most efficient.
Yeah, good point. I might run a routine which requires squatting 3 times per week, almost like a powerlifting set up to try to catch my lower body up with my upper body. Plus, it'll increase testosterone. I'm going to go with this chest / biceps, back / triceps, etc. set up at the moment though.

buster0371

buster0371

Awards
  • Established
nah i mean take a picture RIGHT NOW. and that is the before pic for this log!!!!!!!!

GymRat7197

GymRat7197

Awards
  • Established
Okay, good luck anyway :)
NP, thanks for your suggestions, I appreciate it. If you see something I may be doing wrong in my training, I welcome any suggestions from anyone that thinks they can enhance my method.

GymRat7197

GymRat7197

Awards
  • Established
nah i mean take a picture RIGHT NOW. and that is the before pic for this log!!!!!!!!
Ah, I catch your drift. I will indeed get some pictures to consider "before pictures" then compare them in around December.

buster0371

buster0371

Awards
  • Established
Hey GymRat, i think your putting to much emphasis on squats and DL boosting test. It does boost test, but to my knowledge its very temporary because you body thinks its getting into a fight while you do something as intense as squats or DL so it releases test to help you through the traumatic experience!

Maybe like how some people squat heavy weight for 6 reps before sprinting. It helps out their sprint time. Maybe if you did something like that on Chest day, but i dunno. I dont think the test boost from squats is that significant. I think its an old wives-tale from coaches to convince their athletes to squat! But I could be wrong about this one!

GymRat7197

GymRat7197

Awards
  • Established
Hey GymRat, i think your putting to much emphasis on squats and DL boosting test. It does boost test, but to my knowledge its very temporary because you body thinks its getting into a fight while you do something as intense as squats or DL so it releases test to help you through the traumatic experience!

Maybe like how some people squat heavy weight for 6 reps before sprinting. It helps out their sprint time. Maybe if you did something like that on Chest day, but i dunno. I dont think the test boost from squats is that significant. I think its an old wives-tale from coaches to convince their athletes to squat! But I could be wrong about this one!
I found a scientific study a while back that stated that testosterone levels dissipate back to normal or slightly above normal levels anywhere from a few hours or a few days after squatting.

For weightlifters who train with high intensity, 3-4 days per week, we demand a constant high range of testosterone.

buster0371

buster0371

Awards
  • Established
very nice. yeah i can even feel it. I took a break from lifting for about a year (i been lifting on and off since 14), and the past 5 months i've gotten back into lifting and i can feel the test levels just elevated all the time! feelin' like an alpha male HOMIE

hey put your old avi up its cooler cuz its YOU

GymRat7197

GymRat7197

Awards
  • Established
very nice. yeah i can even feel it. I took a break from lifting for about a year (i been lifting on and off since 14), and the past 5 months i've gotten back into lifting and i can feel the test levels just elevated all the time! feelin' like an alpha male HOMIE

hey put your old avi up its cooler cuz its YOU
It looked too blurry to me. I'll update the avatar with a pic of me when I put the new "before" pics up. Perhaps a back shot.

GymRat7197

GymRat7197

Awards
  • Established
Thought I'd throw this on here, it's a video filmed about five weeks ago of me bench pressing 265 pounds.

YouTube - 265 x 1; bench press

Excuse the feet in the air, I did that for a couple months to try to prevent a back arch for optimal stimulus; however, this is 265 pounds and it was filmed roughly about five weeks ago. It wasn't a 1RM, this was done early in the morning before I had breakfast and a sloppy warm up, my 1RM is around 275, give or take.

buster0371

buster0371

Awards
  • Established
Thought I'd throw this on here, it's a video filmed about five weeks ago of me bench pressing 265 pounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pL8kSpE6ea8

Excuse the feet in the air, I did that for a couple months to try to prevent a back arch for optimal stimulus; however, this is 265 pounds and it was filmed roughly about five weeks ago. It wasn't a 1RM, this was done early in the morning before I had breakfast and a sloppy warm up, my 1RM is around 275, give or take.
hmmm, im on my weird computer so i cant see the video but ill check it out later. I thought arching the back was good for getting more weight up?

GymRat7197

GymRat7197

Awards
  • Established
It is, as it decreases the length that the bar as the travel on the eccentric / concentric portions to the range of motion; however, the con of using this is it decreases the stimulus. So if you were to train for primary hypertrophy/secondary strength, the suitable approach would be keeping the back as flat as possible.

GymRat7197

GymRat7197

Awards
  • Established
Day 1 | Week 1 | Back & Triceps

Pullup:
+5 lbs | 5 sets | 5 reps of alternating hand placement, wide grip, close grip, middle grip

Barbell Row:
115 lbs | 3 sets | 8 reps

Deadlift:
225 lbs | 1 set | 5 reps

Dips:
BW | 3 sets | 8 reps

Close grip bench press:
135 lbs | 2 sets | 10 reps

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
Eat more, your diet is a little light for a young guy who wants to train heavy. Don't get caught up in trying to watch what you eat, you will be sacrificing the size and strength you should be gaining now.