PAVB10 SUMMER FOOTBALL TRAINING

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
BIO: After a crappy season and offseason I really wana get on track for this summers camp. I play college football and tight end. I hurt my right high hamstring the seventh week of the season this year and it is still bothering me bad. I havent been able to squat or clean or sprint since then and tryed to play in spring ball but couldnt. I have fallen to the bottom of the depth chart after some stellar performances and really need to get and stay healthy. I will be starting physical therapy next wed finally and hopefully with Graston and some other techniques be back to training and running hard. I have 15 weeks from today til camp....

GOALS:
1. Get to running in three weeks
2. Fix hamstring completly and stay healthy
3. Increase speed
3. Increase endurance
4. Run better routes
5. Perfect blocking footwork
6. Perfect on receiving
7. Bench 370
8. Clean 300
9. Start
10. All conference-selection
11. Weigh 236 +/- 3lbs
12. 59 sec avg 300 shuttle
13. 32 inch vert

STATS:
Bench 300-2 (325 max they say, I dont think so)
Squat (Havent in two years, best 465 for 6)
Deadlift (Havent in a year and half 550-1 PR)
Clean (Havent in 8 months 250-4 best---terrible)
Weight 236
Height 6.1-6.2

TRAINING: heres the split i hope to get to in four weeks or so, but for now. Push, Pull and biceps once each a week and three days of core with physical therapy.

Monday- explosive day, legs, clean
Tuesday- Push, Catch balls
Wed- Sprints 40-80 yds, Agilities, Route Running
Thursday- Pull, Back some biceps, Catch Balls
Friday- Circuit day
Saturday- Recovery Jog, possibly some biceps, route running
Sunday- Off, catch some balls

DIET: 4,000 KC to start
TOTALS:
PROTEIN 350 G
CARBS 400 G
FAT 125 G

I do not have the exact foods planned out but will when i get home for good next thursday for the summer. Breakfast is high in carbs and fat, lunch high in carbs and protein, dinner high in fat and protein and same with fourth meal. Then add in protein shakes and carb complexes

Supplements
Waking
5 arginine
multi
20 g gatorade
22 g protein

Mid morning
22 g protein

Preworkout
5 g creatine
3 g beta alanine
1.5g citruline malate
5 g arginine
20 g gatorade mix
2 xtend

Postworkout
25 g waxy maize
20 g gatorade mix
5 g creatine
1.5 g cit malate
3 grams beta alanine
44 grams protein

Before Bed
ZMA
22 g protein
5 g arginine

SUMMARY So basically i have to make some huge progress in physical therapy and get the scarring in my tendons broken up if i wana have a shot at playing. My goal is to get the hammy better the first four weeks and real lyget my goals the following 11 weeks. Once im done with physical therapy i will be training at a sports performace place with one of the best trainers around. I will not be following my deit and supplements to an exact T until next Friday or so. I will also be adding in FORMEX and DTHC at some time soon. Pictures to come soon

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
DAY 1 Workout 5-01 weight 236

PULL UPS WIDE GRIP 10 7 BAND 8 BAND 8
T BAR ROW 45-10 90-10 135-10 160-8+2 90-15
WIDE GRIP LAT PULL DOWN 160-15 220-10 250-10 270-10
LOW MACHINE SINGLE ROW 45-10 55-10 65-10 75-10
HIGH RAISE 50-15 70-15 50-15
NOTES: LEFT SCAPULA A LITTLE SORE, STILL SOMEWHAT SICK

I kept all of my breaks 2:00 or under and was a great workout aside from a couple distractions and the pull up numbers....guess thats what happens when you put on 20 pounds in an offseason. Cant wait to powerclean....

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Best of luck brother

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
Thanks man for the continued interest. Woke up this morning and the back is pretty sore along with my abs from the previous day. I think im still gonna go to the gym and do some abs though. Its frustrating not being able to do anything with legs but hopefully that will be gone soon.

I think ive decided to put a little more weight on and push towards 240 even tho its summer and im gonna be pissed at the beach...whatever. One of our tight ends ran a 4.6 so theres no shot of being the speed guy anyhow

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
DAY 2 5-02 WEIGHT 236.5

Just some abs and neck with one minute breaks....

HANGING ABS W STRAPS 30 30 30
DECLINE SIT UPS 30 30 30
WEIGHTED TWISTS 10 30 25 30 10 30 35-30 10 30
DOUBLE CRUNCH 25 25 25
NECK 45-15 45-15 45-15

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
I think ive decided to start my DTHC, formex, ZMA stack monday and also do chest monday instead of tuesday.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think ive decided to start my DTHC, formex, ZMA stack monday and also do chest monday instead of tuesday.
I like the sound of that stack. Should be nice.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
Day 3 5-03-09 Day off (day lost)

Starting the DTHC today and then everything else tommorow....Today is just an off day cuz i got nothing to do. Abs and Back quite sore. Think im gonna do this stack the first four weeks and then some kind of stack the last four weeks in addition to verything i already take....

ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR A STACK?????

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
Day 4 5-04-09 WEIGHT 235.5 First day of formex, dthc and zma.

Incline bench was 3-5 minute breaks, dbs was one minute and everything else was 1 to 2 minute breaks. Very good workout aside from the bench sliding while inclining.

INCLINE BENCH 30 135-13 165-11 230-5 225-3 BENCH MOVED ON FOUR
220-5 215-5 185-8 165-8
FLAT DB 50-12 75-12 70-8 65-7 60-7
DIPS 10 10
SKULL CRUSH 65-15 65-10 65-8
SIDE RAISES 15-10 20-10 25-6++++
SHRUGS 70-20 70-20 70-20
WIDE TRI EXTENSION 50-15 65-15 65-15

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
Hey sorry for the no updates last two days. I will put them up tommorow nite. Ive had finals and my computer is all packed up. I did physcial therapy for the first time today and the hammy may feel a little better. I may also do some training at sports perfromance after treatment on friday which will be nice. Im also gonna try and catch a couple hundred balls this weekend hopefully and get a good back and chest workout in.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
BTW. The LIBIDO IS UP A BIT. ITS BEEN THREE DAYS ONLY AND THE ZMA IS MAKING MY DREAMS CRAZY AS HELL TO.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm a huge fan of DTH

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
Arite so sorrry for the delay...finals and crap, but finally home for the summer and gonna perfect the diet and post pics within the next couple days. 100 days or so til camp!!!

Day 4 5-05-09 BICEPS 235.2

LYING CABLE CURL 20-20 27.5-15 35-15 42.5-5 27.5-12 BREAK 1:30
STAND PREACHER CURL 55-15 65-15 75-10 80-6 DROP 55-9 BREAK 1:30
ZOTTOMAN CURL 25-15 30-15 35-9 40-6 BREAK 1:30
WALL CURL FOUR PART 10 60
ROPE CURL 10 4 10 3
FOREARM CURL 55-20
DECLINE WEIGHTED SIT UP 25-15 45-15 45-15 BREAK 1:00
SIT UPS 25 25 25 BREAK 1:00
BALL TWITS 10 30 10 30 25 30 10 30 25 30
CRUNCHES 30 30 30 BREAK 1:00
NECK 45-15 45-15 45-15

Decent workout...not great. Didnt get an awesome pump and arms were kinda tired.

DAY 6 5-06-09 PT

FIRST DAY PHYSICAL THERAPY
10 MINUTES ON ELIPTICAL
GRASTON TECHNIQUE
RDL 15 EACH 15 EACH
TABLE LEG PUSH BACK UP 15 EACH 15 EACH
R LEG CHAIR SCOOTS BOTH BOTH
BALL LEG CURL PLANK 15 15
STRECTH LEG UP FOR ABOUT 2 MINUTES
NOTES: HAMMY FELT PRETTY CRAPPY AT NITE

Felt good to be at physcial therapy and hoepfully with time we can break down the mishealed hammy and rebuild it. The PT said i may be able to go upstairs after my workout and workout at the sports performance place!!!!

Tonite im just gonna do some abs and neck and weigh in for the first nite home.

Bicep measuremnets
Right 17 1/16
Left 16.5

My right bicep is actually getting so big im getting strecth marks that are scabbing....thats kinda weird

ntornado

Awards
Hate to sound like an a$$ but why so much bicep work as a football player?

I learned this from an ex Nebraska S+C coach and its really been all i've needed to have big arms and it only takes about 75 seconds a couple of times a week:

Start off with just a BB and a 10lb on each side (so 65lbs) and work your way up:

10 BB Curls
10 Shoulder Press
10 BB Rows
10 BB Curls

No rest, only to change grips.

Good luck with the hammy rehab looks like your getting some solid work there. Nice pre and post workout drinks. What division do you play?

Good Luck.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
Bicep work like that is completly useless for football.

i actaully do a split very similar to that one ussually when im at full go. I just do so much bicep crap because i cant really lift legs. Ill ussually just do something like that supersetted in a backworkout and my monday workout or something. I just feel the need to lift and can only do it by doing a push day pull day and bicep day. Hopefully i cant get away from all the bodybuilding stuff soon and into the full body functional stuff.

I play division three . thanks for the view and advice.

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
Hate to sound like an a$$ but why so much bicep work as a football player?

I learned this from an ex Nebraska S+C coach and its really been all i've needed to have big arms and it only takes about 75 seconds a couple of times a week:

Start off with just a BB and a 10lb on each side (so 65lbs) and work your way up:

10 BB Curls
10 Shoulder Press
10 BB Rows
10 BB Curls

No rest, only to change grips.

Good luck with the hammy rehab looks like your getting some solid work there. Nice pre and post workout drinks. What division do you play?

Good Luck.
guess he wasn't that good if he's the ex s.c. coach... :p

ntornado

Awards
Bicep work like that is completly useless for football.

i actaully do a split very similar to that one ussually when im at full go. I just do so much bicep crap because i cant really lift legs. Ill ussually just do something like that supersetted in a backworkout and my monday workout or something. I just feel the need to lift and can only do it by doing a push day pull day and bicep day. Hopefully i cant get away from all the bodybuilding stuff soon and into the full body functional stuff.

I play division three . thanks for the view and advice.
Cool that makes sense. I would probably do an arms day too if I couldn't do legs! Look forward to following your log!

ntornado

Awards
guess he wasn't that good if he's the ex s.c. coach... :p
Hehe, last I heard he was heading to work with the Indiana Pacers and the Colts.

EDIT: Just googled a bit and now he is Scouting Assistant + Player Personnel with Jacksonville.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
5-07-09 PM 239.5 abs and neck

This weight was on a different scale and it was at nite....but thats heavy..I may wana come in to camp that heavy though.

TWIST DECL CRUNCH 40 40 40 BREAK 1:00
MED BALL TWISTS 8 40 8 40 25-40 25-40 8 40
V UP CRUNCH 25 25 25
CRUNCHES 40 40 40
NECK 45-15 45-15 45-15
HANGING ABS 30 30 19

5-08-09 PHYSICAL THERAPY NUMBER TWO

The PT got back to me and said he wants me doing another week of PT before going upstairs to train which kind of sucks but its prob in my best interest. I threw a couple balls today and felt pretty decent, but i really didnt have anyone with an arm to throw cuz the old man is working and my bro is graduating.

ELIPTICAL 10 MINUTES
GRASTON TECHNIQUE
SINGLE LEG RDL 15 EACH 15 EACH
TABLE LEG PUSH BACK UP 15 EACH 15 EACH
BALL LEG CURL 15 15
CHAIR SCOOTS BOTH BOTH
INCHWORMS BOTH BOTH

Actually feeling a lot better though. I got screened today to and didnt well on all tests but shoulder mobility.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
I just threw around a bit with my father in the yard and actually felt pretty damn good. The hammy started to get fatigued at the end and my left shoulder was getting a little inflamed. Thats been happening for a long time now.

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
hey what do you do for neck?
do you do anything to directly hit it (not shrugs)

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
theres no four way neck machine at my gym....powerhouse...obviously, but this guy big dog at the gym....hes called that cuz hes got a neck like a pitbull gave me some stuff to do. The best excerices i do a lot is u lay on a bench with ure head hanging over and u take a forty five and put the circle over ure forhead and do neck extensions while holdong on to that.....I ussually do four way neck at school though.

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
i'll try that thank you. i don't know what a four way neck is. I've been trying to find things to do.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
four way neck is a machine u can do forward back side to side neck extensions on. our football weightroom has one, but most gyms dont as no one works there neck for wahtever reason.

and i got pics ill post tommorow mid morning

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
Hamstring feels a bit crummy when waking up....Took these pics before i ate the most unhealthy dinner ever....Never again!!

prob about 236 in these pics i dunno ill weigh in today offically 239.5 the other nite

Attachments

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
I actually way more like 239 in those pics as thats what i weighed today at the gym after lunch and those pics were taken after dinner so i was prob 240ish

5-09-09 Back some abs weight 239

PULL UPS WIDE GRIP 10 10 1+9 1+7 BREAK 1:45
T BAR ROWS 90-10 135-10 135-9 160-6 BREAK 1:30
REVERSE LAT PULL DOWN 170-10 210-10 250-10 280-7 BREAK 1:30
HIGH MACHINE DOUB ROW 90-10 125-10 135-10 90-15+5 BREAK 1:30
SINGLE ARM LAT PULL DOWN 40-10 60-10 70-10 80-10 BREAK 1:30
DECLINE CRUNCHES 40 40 45-17
HANGING ABS 30 30 30
CRUNCHES 40 40 40

Its real hard pushing and having awesome workouts when ure doing bodybuilding crap. Lifting like that aint difficult and i feel like im cheating myself. I really cant wait to get back to lifting like a football player. I also need to push it harder, my intensity wasnt a million percent today. I worked out with a friend and it w as a decent lift but i feel i push a million times harder alone. Tommorow is chest and im gonna have to chest again on friday which may not be enough rest im kinda worried.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
5-10-09 a little Chest and a bunch of tris weight 237.5-238

DB BENCH PRESS 40-15 60-15 80-15 100-13 110-7 120-4 80-15 BREAK 3:00-4:00
SEATED BARB MIL PRESS 115-10 125-8 135-5
CIRCUIT SKULL CRUSH 70-15 70-9 50-15 WITH SHRUGS 3 SETS 70-20
SIDE RAISES 15-15 20-10 15-9 20-5
TRICEP EXTENSIONS 110-15 140-15 110-12 DROP DOWN
CIRCUIT NECK 3 SETS 45-15 WITH TRI KICKBACK 25-15 25-15 20-15

The workout wasnt great. My db press hasnt really gone up from last time at all and im kinda pissed. When i db press i dont touch in the middle cause thats how i hurt my pec a while back and this kills the tris. I feel like i dont get as much out of the excercise. Also when i hold like 100's or more my left thumb which i tore bends down and it puts a lot of stress on my tri and forearm and really kills my numbers. I dont know if i should give up the db press in tyhe future for something else or not use it as a primary excercise. The mil press was very week, i never do that ever.

The diet is pretty good and the hammy is feeling decent. I threw a bunch today and i feel good jumping catching and moving around, but when i explode and try and sprint for a ball im still getting pain way high up. As far as injuries go, my left lower ab is twinging a bit while throwing and i hope its just a strained muscle and not a hernia or something. And as always the left shoulder is hurting prob do do my bending thumb ruining my form with that arm....Decent day though and had more intensity, but i need a new workout and have to mix things up a bit i think. Im gonna try and do chest again on friday cuz i cant this weekend so hopefully that enough rest. The libido isnt up as much today and i dont know how any of the supps are effecting my lifts if everything numbers wise is the same. Gonna get some food now and hit up the hot tub. Im not feeling to lean, but i guess that what happens when ure almost 240.....

ntornado

Awards
Looking solid, your lucky your gym has 120's. Do they have any higher? Mine only goes to 100 unfortunately.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
my home gym goes to 140's and so does my school gym. My home gym is a powerhouse and the guys there are freakin huge so i guess they have to.

I think i could get way more on db bench if i could train well on it without my thumb bending back. Im hoping to have a huge day on the barbell bench friday and then maybe moving to rack bench the following chest day to mix things up.

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
try to find something to wrap around the handles and make the bar bigger. that'll really help with your thumb.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
yeah thats what i thought to. We have real thick dumbels at school and thin ones at home and theres no real difference. I even wear receiving gloves and warp my thumb up real good with tape. I think i tore or strecthed some ligaments when i broke my thumb because its not just the thumb but the base of my thumb in my plam that bends back and it doesnt hurt at all but just screws with my form real bad. My grip isnt a problem just the fact that my palm doesnt sit flat but bends in a way it shouldnt....I may just use types of barbell benches as primary excercises in the future and do dbs as secondary and switch between close and wide pushes. As of now the db as a primary excercise aint helping cuz i cant do it effectivly.

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
huh...that's weird. I had the same problem and i went without my thumb at all for awhile untill i wrapped it up....i'll try to think of something you could do.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
5-11-09 PHYSICAL THERAPY 3

JOGGED ONE MILE ON TREADMILL 8:32
SINGLE LEG RDL 2 SETS 15
CHAIR SCOOTS 2 WAYS
BALL LEG CURL 2 SETS 15
INCHWORMS ONE WAY
REAR GLUTE FLEXION 2 SETS 15
TABLE LEG DROPS 1 SET 15
SHOULDER STRECTHING
SQUATTING ON BORAD HAND RAISES 2 SETS 15
GRASTON TECHNIQUE
LONG STRETCH

Today was the first day i ran in a while and 8 30 is absolutly aweful for a mile. That has always been somewhere down by 6:00, but i really wasnt to tired, just taking it easy. My right leg was kinda slow while running and my feet killed for the first time running. My left lower hamstring however was real tight after running and kinda painful. I dont think its anything serious, just stupid how when one thing gets better another gets worse. Ill just stretch it and foam roll. As for the actaul injury its still kinda painful but getting better and im gonna need more intense graston up high...

Im not gonna do abs tonite because of that bit of tingling ive had down low in my abdominen. It kinda stinks having nothing to lift, but ill take today as an off day and then abs tues and biceps wed and PT. This gonna be a long road and im hoping everyday things get better....Ive been trying to perfect my deit and have breakfast perfect and about 1000 calories coming from there. I also have my pre-sleep meal of an egg 22 g protein shake and toast set, i just need to perfect lunch and dinner

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
5-12-09 OFF

As of today my hamstring are real damn sore. My left (good one) is actually more sore than my right one. There both sore low and the right one really isnt sore where the bad injury was/is so thats a relatvily good thing. Its just freaking embarassing i get sore from running a 8:30 mile....... I was gonna do some abs today but im getting that weird feeling in my lower left ab still. I had a hernia last year so im still real cautious about any pains in my abs. It seems to just be a muscle pull or something i really dont know though. I will throw a couple hundred balls today in the yard with my dad, but I wont be running around to much just catching. Still real frustrating that i cant train as hard as i want, but making progress.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
my dad was late last nite home so we didnt throw. I got amped up watching some movie on tv though and decided to lift so i did todays bicep workout last nite. I lowered the reps and lowered the breaks to 1:00 for everything which kept everything real fast paced and nice. It was a pretty good workout. The only problem is that my lower ab thing is getting much worse. Its been like cramping,spazzing, twinging i dunno what to call it a lot. I think its just a muscle pull but im gonna have to take it easy. heres the lift.....

WEIGHT - 238

SEATED BARBELL CURL 75-10 85-10 105-10 105-7 DROP 75-15 BREAK 1:00
INCLINE DB CURL 30-10 35-10 40-9 40-5 BREAK 1:00
STANDING PREACHER CURL 60-10 75-7 65-7 60-6 DROP 50-9 BREAK 1:00
HAMMER CURL CROSS BODY 30-10 35-10 40-5 DROP CABLE CURL BREAK 1:00 =
PLATE HOLDS 2 10'S 1:00 40 40
ROPE CURL 10 6 10 6 10 6
FOREARM CURL 90-20 90-20

PHYSICAL THERAPY FOUR 5-13-09

My legs are sore as hell today so i wet on the eliptical instead of the treadmill for ten....wow thats embaraasing. The lower ab thing was also bothering me a bit today at PT and all day after. I did however throw this afternoon after PT and my legs felt good just my lower left ab felt crappy and painful at times. Im not gonna throw again til monday and im gonna take sat and sunday off as ill be at my bros graduation. Hopefully the ab will feel better as i hope to start sports performance monday after PT. I dunno why when one thing gets a little better something else gets much worse....

ELIPTICAL FOR 10 MINUTES
GRASTON TECHNIQUE
STRETCH
SINGLE LEG RDL 15 15
CHAIR SCOOTS 2 TIMES
BALL LEG CURL 15 15
INCHWORMS ONE WAY ONE TIME
MULE KICKS 15+3 15+3
TABLE LEG DROPS 10 10
SHOULDER STRECTHING
SQUATTING ON BORAD HAND RAISES 15 15
BALL BOUNCE ON FOAM SINGLE 1:00 1:00

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
5-14-09 - OFF DAY
Kinda pissed i cant lift anything today. The ab thing may be feeling a bit better, but its kinda sore to the touch. May be because ive been poking it, but im praying it aint a hernia or anything.....ya really cant tell cuz theres mad little bumps in ure lower abs anyway. Im hoping it will feel great tommorow. Im doing PT tommoroe morn and then chest and upper in the afternoon. Hopefully al will feel better by monday and i can start training seriously monday. Im holding my breath....

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
this may be too late but if you're doing pt with a doc ahve them poke it....

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
haha yeah....i figure what difference does it make tho. like if it is i cant really get surgery...just gonna have to endure. It feels a little better today whatever it is, just got back from PT and ran a 7:30 mile and had a good workout. Feeling a lot better......doing chest shoulders and tris this afternoon

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
So i missed a couple days becuase i was away, but i didnt lift sat or sunday. I did catch a bit sat morn and felt ok, but a little sore. The lower ab thing is feeling better and hasnt really twinged a lot at all.....

5-15-09 CHEST 238
BENCH PRESS 135-13 205-8 285-5 275-4 265-5 255-4
225 RACE TO TWENTY 8:24 BREAK 3:00-5:00
DIPS 10 10 BREAK 2:00
FRONT RAISES circ LOW ROW 15-10 20-10 20-10
LOW ROW 90-10 115-10 115-10
SKULL CRUSHERS 65-10 75-12 BREAK 1:30
SHRUGS circ with NECK 65-20 65-20 65-20
NECK 45-15 45-15 45-15

Bench workout was good and was happy with 285 for five and the 225 for twenty. Chest is sore today still.

5-16-09 and 5-17-09 OFF
ab pain is getting better

5-18-09 SPORTS PERFORMANCE AND PHYSICAL THERAPY FIVE

FOAM ROLLER
HIP ACTIVATION EXCERCISES
ANKLE MOBES
HIP ACTIVATION
UNDER ARREST - RUNNING 5 EACH LEG
LEG DROPS 4 EACH WAY
INCHWORM/WORLDS GREATEST THERES AND BACK
SINGLE LEG RDL 10
OVERHEAD SQUAT 10
IN LINE LUNGE 10
SIDE LUNGE 5 EACH WAY
BAND WALK SIDE WAYS BLACK BOTH WAYS
BACKWARDS RUN BOTH WAYS
BUTT KICKS BOTH WAYS
QUICK SKIPS BOTH WAYS
BACKWARDS RUN BOTH WAYS
LADDER HIGH KNEES 2 EACH, 4 EACH, SHUFFLE
SHOULDER SEPERATION 5 10 EACH - 2
DB COMPLEX SHRUGS 6, SHRUG HIGH RAISE 6, RDL 6, SQUAT TO PUNCH 3, ROW
BODY WIEGHT SINGLE LEG SQUAT 10 10 10
SQUAT BLACK ALT BAND ROW 10 EA 10 EA 10 EA
HIGH BOX STEP UP 10 EA 10 EA 10 EA
ALT TOUCH PUSH UP 12 12 12
BACK LUNGE SNAPS 20-10 20-10 25-10
INVERTED HANDLE ROW 10 10 10

PHYSICAL THERAPY FIVE
ELIPTICAL FOR 10 MINUTES
GRASTON TECHNIQUE
STRETCH
SINGLE LEG RDL 15 15
CHAIR SCOOTS 2 TIMES
BALL LEG CURL 15 15
MULE KICKS 15+3 15+3
TABLE LEG DROPS 10 10
SHOULDER STRECTHING
NOTE: LOWER AB

Very good workout and real pushed it. In real bad shape tho. Hammy a little sore towards end, but great first day of working some light legs.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
Sorry for not posting, but been pretty busy with work and working out...but heres the workouts. I threw yesterday in the yard and felt good. I was just pretty damn sore from the previous days workouts which was sad considering it wasnt bad at all. I lifted back and bis last nite late and circuited four back excericises with four bicep excercises with no rest. This was just to change things up, and it felt pretty good and i had somet great intensity. I just need to watch overtraining with PT, lifting and sports performance and throwing.

5-19-09 239 PM Throwing back and bicep circuit

PULL UPS 10 BAND 10 BAND 9
T BAR ROW 105-10 115-8 105-8
CLOSE GRIP BARBELL ROW 50-10 60-10 70-6
WIDE GRIP LAT PULL DOWN 170-10 220-10 250-6
SEATED DB CURL 20-15 25-15 30-10
HIGH ROW MACHINE 90-10 135-10 135-8
REV BARBELL CURL 40-10 60-10 60-10
HAMMER CABLE CURL 40-10 50-10 40-10 DROP
CLOSE GRIP LAT PULL DOWN 90-10 130-10 140-10
SHORT ROPE 12.5-6
FOREARM CURL 90-20 90-20

I was pretty fatigued without getting rest between excercises and my weights werent nearly as heavy as ussual. I weighed in at 239 at dinner which wasnt bad, i seem to be maintaining right where i want to be. My deit hasnt been perfect, but its been pretty decent.

5-20-09 PT 6 and Sports Performance

I wanted to jog today but my good medial hammy was pretty sore so i decided just to go on the eliptical. It was a long day and took from 9:30 to 12:00 to do everything and i was pretty gased. The hammy felt fine through the workouts, but my ab thing like cramped twice during the side lunges which really kinda sucked. I need that to go away, but it aint terrible. I aint gonna throw today just relax as im so sore and dead.

PHYSICAL THERAPY SIX, LATERAL KOLODY
ELIPTICAL FOR 10 MINUTES
GRASTON TECHNIQUE
STRETCH
SINGLE LEG RDL 15 15
CHAIR SCOOTS 2 TIMES
BALL LEG CURL 15 15
MULE KICKS 15+3 15+3
TABLE LEG DROPS 10 10
SHOULDER STRECTHING
NOTE: LEFT HAMMY SORE

FOAM ROLLER
ANKLE MOBES
HIP ACTIVATION
LEG DROPS 4 EACH WAY
SINGLE LEG RDL 10
OVERHEAD SQUAT 10
IN LINE LUNGE 10
SIDE LUNGE 5 EACH WAY
BACKWARDS RUN BOTH WAYS
BUTT KICKS BOTH WAYS
KARIOKE BOTH WAYS
BACKWARDS RUN BOTH WAYS
JUMP OVER LINE STICK ONE LEG 3 SETS OF 12 WITH KEEPING CHEST UPRIGHT
LADDER HIGH KNEES LATERAL 2 EACH, 1 EACH, LATERAL JUMP STICK, BACKWARDS JUMP STICK
BARBELL COMPLEX TWICE THROUGH SHRUGS 6, SHRUG HIGH RAISE 6, RDL 6, SQUAT TO PUNCH 3, ROW
AB CIRCUIT TWICE, CRUNCH AT TOP SINGLE V UPS 10, SIDE V UPS 10, TOE TOUCH 10
CIRCUIT THE TWO EXCERCISES

SINGLE LEG RDL 25-10 25-10 25-10
WATER BALL SQUAT TWISTS A-M N-Z A-M
SIDE LUNGE 15-10 25-10 25-10
DOUBLE BLACK BAND ROW 10 10 10
SINGEL LEG UP LUNGE HIP STRECTH 8 15-8 15-8
CHEST TOUCHES 12 12 12

Tommorow is just gonna be chest shoulders and tris. Im just hoping im not overtraining with all the inchworms and stuff im doing at PT and sports performance. As for supplements still taking everything and planning out my next stack of test boosters/ AI's.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
Missing a bunch of posts as i visited my girlfriend for the weekend. My deit for the weekend sucked and i also was definitly in a caloric deficit. I didnt do any training saturday or sunday but i did play a little tennis....and the hernia thing bothered a bit. I felt pretty good though. My right hip flexor has been tight and sore but i feel good...just not to smooth or agile yet.

5-21-09 chest and tris and shoulders weight 237
INCLINE SMITH 45 PRESS 135-13 185-10 250-5 245-5 240-5 235-5
205-7 185-8 BREAK 3:00-5:00
DB PRESS 1:00 BREAK 55-12 80-8 75-8 70-7 65-8
DIPS 2:00 BREAK 9 7
TRICEP EXTENSION 70-15 80-15 90-6 DROP----
SIDE RAISES 10 15 15-10 SHOULDER BOTHERING
NECK 45-15 45-15 45-15

My shoulder was bothering me a bit throughout this workout, but it went pretty well. Id like to do more shoulders but my left one just gets to inflamed to fast. My focus was great though and i wasnt in it a 100%. I really need to step up the intensity. My left pec was also a little sore while working out which wasnt great

5-22-09 PT

TREADMILL 7:59 MILE
GRASTON TECHNIQUE
STRETCH
SINGLE LEG RDL 15 15
CHAIR SCOOTS 2 TIMES
BALL LEG CURL 15 15
MULE KICKS 15+3 15+3
TABLE LEG DROPS 10 10
SHOULDER STRECTHING

Both my legs were pretty sore and so were the glutes, but i still felt pretty decent running. I dont feel great but pretty good. The right hip flexor is still kinda tight.

5-23 and 5-24-09 OFF

I didnt do anything these days and probablly definitly didnt eat a lot so im expecting a bad weigh in today. Overall though im feeling pretty good. The hammy is still getting better but is decent now. The hip flexor thing needs to be resolved to as that is pretty tight. I need to get on the feild i think this week and start running routes a bit and really moving around to build up the confidence and skills. The summer is going well so far, i just need to be able to stay better with my deit and keep progressing and get running more as my body permits......

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
5-25-09 back bis and throwing w-238.5

LYING CABLE CURL 70-10 90-10 60-10 50-15
T BAR ROW 45-10 115-8 140-8 150-6 DROP 90-6
CLOSE GRIP LAT PULLDOWN 120-10 150-10 180-6 160-6
LOW MACHINE ROW SINGLE 90-8 115-8 125-6
ALT DB SEATED CURL 25-10 30-10 35-7 25-10
WIDE GRIP LAT PULL DOWN 200-10 230-10 260-10
CROSS HAMMER CURL 25-10 35-10 40-5
4 PART WALL CURL 12
PLATE HOLDS 4 SETS
NECK 45-15 45-15 45-15

I weighed in a little bloated, but even still i wasnt really light like i thought i would be. The workout was pretty good. Had short breaks on everything like a minute or less. I had a good intensity throughout the workout and it was a pretty good day. I threw tonite with my dad and felt really good. Im a bit out of shape but i felt good and was actually sprinting around a bit and it felt fine.....

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
5-26-09 PT and Light legs

TREADMILL 7:35 MILE
STRETCH
SINGLE LEG RDL 15 15
CHAIR SCOOTS 2 TIMES
BALL LEG CURL 15 15
MULE KICKS 15+3 15+3
TABLE LEG DROPS 10 10
SHOULDER STRECTHING
GRASTON TECHNIQUE

Sports Performance

FOAM ROLLER
ANKLE MOBES
HIP ACTIVATION
LEG DROPS 4 EACH WAY
SINGLE LEG BRIDGE 10
SINGLE LEG RDL 10
OVERHEAD SQUAT 10
IN LINE LUNGE 10
SIDE LUNGE 5 EACH WAY
BACKWARDS RUN BOTH WAYS
BUTT KICKS BOTH WAYS
IN PLACE QUICK SKIP MAKE SURE TO PUSH BACK TOE UP 3 SETS 10 EACH
BACKWARDS RUN BOTH WAYS
OVERHEAD SQUAT 10 AND 12 OVERHEAD STEP AND THROW BALL THROWS
BOX JUMPS 2 SETS 6 2-2 2 SETS 6 2-1 2 SETS 6 1-1
DB SWINGS 55-10 55-10 55-10
HANGING AB STRAPS 15 15 15
LOW BOX SINGLE LEG SQUATS 10 10 10
PULL UPS 8 8 8
HIGH BOX STEP UP 10 10 10 FOUCS NOT PUSHING UP
TOUCH PUSH UP 10 10 10
LEG ON BOX LUNGE 10 10
SINGLE LEG BRIDGE 10 10
SQUATTING ALT BAND ROW 10 10

Aside from the warm up all of the excerices at sports performance are circuited and theres basically no breaks. It was rough and being out of shape showed...i was gasing. I really need to keep pushing. The deit was much better today. I was quite tired after running a mile and my hammy was quite tired. The hammy actually bothered me a bit today probably because it was the hardest day yet and i ran hard last nite. It was a good day though and im progressing well...Still some hip flexor soreness though. Tonite im not gonna catch, just relax, tommorow is PT, chest and some blocking footwork and catching and work....busy day.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
As for the formex and DTH. The libido is kinda up....not as much as i would like, but its good. I ordered beta alanine and 10 lbs of protein last nite. I probably will make my last large purchase of the summer soon ....I just dont know what else i wana try and if spending like 80 bucks on something like DTH and formex is worth it for me.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
5-27-09 PT - Chest and receiving w=241

ELIPTICAL 10 MINUTES
SINGLE LEG RDL 15 15
CHAIR SCOOTS 2 TIMES
BALL LEG CURL 15 15
MULE KICKS 15+3 15+3
TABLE LEG DROPS 10 10
SHOULDER STRECTHING
LUNGES BOTH WAYS
GRASTON TECHNIQUE
STRETCH

RACK PRESSES135-8 185-8 225-5 275-5 315-3 315-2 325-1 225-10
FLAT DB HANDS TURNED IN 70-16 80-10 85-9 90-6
ALT DB MIL PRESS 60-10 60-6 55-8
SHRUGS 70-20 70-20 70-20
CLOSE GRIP/REV TRI EXT 10 EACH 100-20 110-20 120-20
SIDE RAISES 15-10 20-10 25-8 BREAK 1:30
HIGH RAISES50-10 70-10 90-10 100-4 BREAK 1:00

This kinda got screwed up when i copied it from excel but theres the workout. The rack presees were done about 3-4 inches from my chest and went pretty well. the only reason i did eliptical today was because my left inside shin was irriated and i wanted to take it easy. It did however bother me when i threw tonite but its okay, ill be making sure to really strecth the calves and shin. The hammy felt okay today, maybe sore up high. Im kinda scared because physcial therapy is ending and i havent tried to sprint yet. I dont know if its totally healed and ready to go, but i pray it is.....Hopefully sports performance will fix what isnt already fixed. Good workout today though....just gotta get on the feild more and sprint. Weighed in super heavy today so everything with the deit must be okay.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
5-28-09 LEGS AND SOME AGILITIES

FOAM ROLLER
ANKLE MOBES 10
HIP ACTIVATION
LEG DROPS 4 EACH WAY
SINGLE LEG RDL 10
OVERHEAD SQUAT 10
IN LINE LUNGE 10
SIDE LUNGE 5 EACH WAY
BACKWARDS RUN BOTH WAYS
BUTT KICKS BOTH WAYS
QUICK SKIPS BOTH WAYS
BACKWARDS RUN BOTH WAYS
LADDER HIGH KNEES 2 EACH, 4 EACH, SHUFFLE*2, ACKWARDS ICKY, ONE FOOT 82
SHOULDER SEPERATION 5 10 EACH - 2
DB COMPLEX +SNATCH * 2 SHRUGS 6, SHRUG HIGH RAISE 6, RDL 6, SQUAT TO PUNCH 3, ROW
AB CIRCUIT WITH TEN*2 SINGLE LEG V UP, SIDE V UP, CEILING TOUCH ALL BY TEN
SINGLE LEG RDL 25LB DBS 10 EA 10 EA 10 EA
SPLIT SQUAT LEG UP 20 LB DBS 10 EA 10 EA 10 EA
BACK SNAPS SQUEZE CHEEK 20 LB DB 8 EACH 8 EACH 8 EACH
SQUAT BAND ROW BLACK 10 10 10
SIDE LUNGE PUSH BACK TO MID DB'S 25-16 25-16 25-16
CHEST TOUCHES 14 14 14

I think this writeup got a bit screwed up while copying it again. But a good sports performance workout...wasnt gassing and felt pretty good. I also 80 percent sprinted with a band and felt pretty good. Theres just some soreness in my upper high outside hammy but that could just be attributed to a rough graston sesh yesterday. Good day though....gonna do PT tommorow and then maybe run some routes and do some blocking. The shin feels okay today, yet i think ill sitll ice it tonite. My chest is a bit sore from yesterday but i feel good. Good progress.......

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Cycle Logs 16
brandlife Cycle Logs 28
Smont Anabolics 7
NattyDaddy420 Cycle Logs 94
pavb10 Supplement Logs 108