My Time..My Journey...

tank316

tank316

Awards
  • Established
Hey All.
Just new to the AM board. Lets get the party started.
4/27/09
Chest/Tri
Flat bench
265x8,8,8,7 tempo 3/1/2 [ 2 min rbs]
db incline 75x10,80x9,8,8, tempo 3/1/X [2 min rbs]
flat flye 60x12,55x13,50x15 tempo 3/0/x 3 min rbs
Pushdowns
130x6,140x6,6, 150x4
rope pushdowns
80x9,70x10,10,60x12
rg pushdowns
100x12,90x13,13.
abs 4 sets wted crunch 75lbs on chest x 12
Supplements:
AAEFX LBA Pro
AAEFX LBA Pro asap upon wakening, 1 time before meal 3 and meal 5
AAEFX Nytric EFX Pro 45 min prior
AAEFX Kre-Alkalyn EFX Pro 45 min prior
AAEFX Kre-Alkalyn Creatine right before wo 1 min
AAEFX Cell Rush post wo
AAEFX LG5 post wo and before bed

Random181

Awards
  • Established
first in, good luck bro :) those are some sweet weights

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
nice numbers, i'll be following along.

tank316

tank316

Awards
  • Established
Thank you.
My goal starting May 1st will be to trim down.
I turn 46 in Sept so I wouldnt mind getting my abs back again.

tank316

tank316

Awards
  • Established
4/28/09
Quads/Hammies..Mostly Hammies
bike 8 min
squats
135x15,315x8,8,8 / tempo 3/1/2[down 3- pause bottom 1- up 2
right into leg press 500x12,12,12 / tempo same as squats
leg ext 2 sets 200x12
Seated leg curls
195x8,200x8,205x8 210x7,215x7,7
sldl
185x12,205x12,225x11
hypers toes up 3 setsx12 25lb plate held at chest
single leg curls60x17
8 sets calve- 4 seated, 4 leg press
Prior to work @ 1:00 60 min walk hills

tank316

tank316

Awards
  • Established
4/29/09
40 min cardio asap in the am, got called to work early.
4/30/09
back bis
bar rows
255x12,275x10,285x10,10
rg rows
245x9,9,9
db pullover
80x12,12,90x10,10
bis
db curls
45x8,50x7,7,55x6
preach curls
75x12,12,80x10,85x9
hammer curls 2sets of 60x8
machine curls 60x20..good pump , lots of blood to start the healing process.
30 min treadmill, 3.7 mph-5% grade
AAEFX LBA Pro asap upon wakening, 1 time before meal 3 and meal 5
AAEFX Nytric EFX Pro 45 min prior
AAEFX Kre-Alkalyn EFX Pro 45 min prior
AAEFX Kre-Alkalyn Creatine right before wo 1 min
AAEFX Cell Rush post wo
AAEFX LG5 post wo and before bed

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Nice numbers big man. Especially the rows.

tank316

tank316

Awards
  • Established
Nice numbers big man. Especially the rows.
Thank you..:biggthumpup:
I believe i forgot to log my tempo for my lifts for the wk.
Part of PRRS training are the tempo's.

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Interesting i've never tried training by tempo ever? How do you find your body reacts to that style of training?

tank316

tank316

Awards
  • Established
Interesting i've never tried training by tempo ever? How do you find your body reacts to that style of training?
Eric Broser has a system called FD/FS
Fiber Destruction/ Fiber Saturation...
My last wks workout were like a hybrid of prrs/fd/fs.
Eric also uses the tempos in his prrs..but its more brutal during fd/fs.
Getting older i had to change the tempos somewhat and have great results from it.
I only run fd/fs for 3 wks, its hard on the cns.
When i switch over to it i'll let you know.

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
That would be great!

tank316

tank316

Awards
  • Established
Shock wk with twist..WOW
-SUPERSET: STANDING ALTERNATING DB CURL/ROPE PUSHDOWN...2 X 4-6/16-20
1st set 55x6-rope pushdown 90x16 2nd set 50x6-rope pushdown 80x18
-SUPERSET: LYING EZ BAR EXT/FRONT DOUBLE BICEPS POSE CABLE CURL...2 X 4-6/16-20
skulls 1st set 115x6- cable curls 60x15 2nd set 110x6-50x15
-SUPERSET: STANDING BB OR EZ BAR CURL/BENCH DIPS...2 X 4-6/16-20
90x5-bodywt dipsx20 same as 1st set
-SUPERSET: SEATED TWO ARMS OVERHEAD DB EXT/BB REVERSE CURL...2 X 4-6/16-20
1st set 80x6-55x15 2nd set 85x5-50x14

tank316

tank316

Awards
  • Established
That would be great!

FD/FS: Four Little Letters that Can Mean BIG GAINS!

Warning: For those Iron Man readers who are afraid of stretch marks, cannot afford to purchase a new wardrobe, or simply do not want to take up more space, please stop reading this article now! Just put the magazine down, slowly back away, grab the remote, and watch some Seinfeld reruns. “No soup for you!”

However, for the rest of you…the one’s that live to grow…sit back with your favorite protein drink, get comfortable, and read my words, because I have a feeling that what follows may be of great interest to you!

The wonderful thing about bodybuilding is, just like life, it is a constant and ongoing learning process. Nobody has all the answers, but if you keep your eyes (and mind) open wide enough, you will slowly but surely pick up more and more pieces of the puzzle.

Several years ago, I introduced a training system to the bodybuilding world called Power, Rep Range, Shock, which I believe contains many of these essential pieces. Most Iron Man readers are intimately familiar with my program, as I have written several articles about it right here in these pages, as well as on many sites all over the Internet. In addition, Steve Holeman and Jonathan Lawson have been utilizing P/RR/S in combination with X-Reps for the last several months, and writing about their experiences in the popular Train, Eat, Grow column.

However, for those of you that might be new to Iron Man, and/or have not had the opportunity to read about my P/RR/S training program (what are you living under a rock?), I think it is important for me to quickly go over the main points, as it is this original program that was the genesis for the material that lies ahead. For those of you that are already P/RR/S users, consider this a quick refresher course!

Basic P/RR/S Training

Power, Rep Range, Shock is a cyclical approach to lifting weights in which you utilize a unique training protocol every week (in 3-week cycles), with the goal of tapping into all of the body’s various growth mechanisms. Each of the three weeks is meant to bring about a specific physiological effect, so that your body cannot adapt to any one form of training, which would eventually result in stagnation. P/RR/S addresses muscle growth from a variety of angles, and allows significant progress to take place on a very consistent, and long-term, basis.

Week # 1 is POWER training, and it is meant to annihilate the highest threshold fast twitch muscle fibers, increase raw strength, and stimulate a greater amount of natural testosterone to course through your veins. Here is the outline for a basic POWER week, along with a sample workout for back:

Rep Goal: 4-6
Rest Between Sets: 3-5 minutes
Lifting Tempo: 4/0/X
Exercises: Mostly compound

1-Rack Deadlift: 4 x 4-6
2-Weighted WG Pull-ups: 3 x 4-6
3-Underhand Grip BB Bent Row: 3 x 4-6
4-CG Seated Cable Row: 3 x 4-6

Week # 2 is REP RANGE training, the goal of which is tear through all the intermediary muscle fibers that lie along the continuum from Type I to Type II, induce capillarization, and to stimulate growth producing metabolic adaptations within muscle cells. Here is the outline for a basic REP RANGE week, along with a sample workout for triceps:

Rep Goal: 7-9, 10-12, 13-15, 16-20
Rest Between Sets: 2-3 minutes
Lifting Tempo: 2/1/2/1***
Exercises: Compound, Isolation, Machine or Cable

***1-second hold at peak contraction for certain exercises (ex. Leg Extensions).

1-Smith CG Bench Press: 2 x 7-9
2-Lying Triceps Extension: 2 x 10-12
3-Rope Pushdown: 2 x 13-15
4-Dumbbell Kickback: 2 x 16-20

Week # 3 is SHOCK training, and a true test of your ability to withstand searing muscle pain! The burn and lactic acid that SHOCK workouts produce will help flood your system with natural GH, literally bathing your cells in one of the most powerful muscle producing, fat incinerating hormones known to science! Here is the outline for a basic SHOCK week, along with a sample workout for delts:

Rep Goal: 8-10 (dropset is 8-10, drop, 6-8)
Rest Between Sets: cardiovascular and mental recovery
Lifting Tempo: 1/0/1
Exercises: Compound, Isolation, Machine or Cable

1-Superset: Seated Side Lateral/Behind the Neck Press: 2 x 8-10 each
2-Superset: WG Cable Upright Row/Bent Lateral: 2 x 8-10 each
3-Dropset: Barbell Front Raise: 1 x 8-10, drop, 6-8

Once you have completed the 3-week P/RR/S cycle, return to the beginning and repeat, with the intention of training more intensely on the following cycle. I suggest you use the same exercises for three straight cycles, and try to lift heavier weight and/or increase your reps at each workout. After three full P/RR/S cycles either take a complete week off from the gym, or at least train at low intensity for one week to allow for repair and recovery of joints, muscles, and the CNS. Upon returning to P/RR/S, feel free to switch some or all of the exercises, and prepare to push even harder through the next three cycles.

The Next Step

Like I mentioned earlier, bodybuilding is a constant learning process, and a pursuit where complacency is not welcome (not under my watch!). Even though I knew I had hit upon something wonderful with P/RR/S training, I still took it upon myself to dig deeper. This led me to an advanced version of my program, which I presented to Iron Man readers in a 2006 article entitled, “Power, Rep Range, Shock 2. Variations and Advanced Techniques.” And while the protocols that I presented in that piece once again raised the bar on muscle growth, I have to admit I still remained unsatisfied and hungry for more! I suppose this relentless pursuit of better and more efficient ways to stimulate hypertrophy can be looked upon as somewhat compulsive, but long ago I decided to make it my life’s work to not only explore the outer limits of my own genetic potential, but to help as many others as possible do this as well.

And here we are. So take a big breath, and put on some comfortable shoes, because I now invite you to take the next step!

First Things First

Before going forward I want to take a little time to discuss what muscle growth means and what is really happening when it occurs. Most often people relate hypertrophy to an increase in “protein synthesis,” or the production of new cellular proteins from amino acids. However, the process is far more complex than this, requiring an overwhelming cascade of physiological events to occur in a specific order, while dozens of bodily hormones and chemicals rush into action. To discuss all of this in depth would take the space of entire book, and likely bore you tears, so let’s skip to the meat and potatoes of this whole thing because I really don’t want any of you to fall asleep, or even worse, dehydrate (and besides, meat and potatoes are yummy).

In order for muscle hypertrophy to occur, new cells (known as satellite cells) must fuse with existing muscle fibers. Normally these satellite cells are dormant, and sit “minding their own business” adjacent to muscle fiber sarcolemma.

An intense weight-training workout can serve as a trigger for satellite cell activation, leading to the first stage of hypertrophy, known as proliferation. It is at this point that these cells will begin to divide and multiply, forming into myoblasts. The myoblasts then fuse with existing muscle fibers and donate their nuclei in a process called differentiation. Because muscle cells contain many nuclei, increasing their number allows the cell to regulate more cytoplasm, inducing more actin and myosin (the two main contractile proteins in skeletal muscle) to be produced. This increases overall cell size and protein content, leading to a larger muscle mass.
So, in a nutshell, what bodybuilding comes down to is a continuous process of damage and repair, over and over. Hard weight training traumatizes our muscles, causing injury to the fibers, leading the body to respond by not only repairing the damage, but also making the muscle fibers bigger and stronger in the process (however, this is only if the body is given the proper rest and flooded with enough nutrients to do so).

What this means to you is that if you are not training intensely enough to damage your muscle fibers, your body will never turn on the anabolic “machinery” necessary to force hypertrophy to take place. And, even if you do train hard enough, but don’t give your body the building blocks necessary (via food and supplements) to complete the repair and building process, you will continually take one step back, and one step forward…leaving you literally standing still.

Enter FD/FS Training!

FD/FS stands for “Fiber Damage/Fiber Saturation,” and is a training method I have been working with and tweaking over the last 8 months, while looking to add some significant muscle mass to areas that I consider weak points. I should mention that in no way have I abandoned P/RR/S training, but have used FD/FS to greatly augment it.

With FD/FS the workout is basically broken into 2 phases. In the first phase (fiber damage), the goal is to utilize training protocols known to cause significant micro-trauma in the muscle fibers. As I mentioned earlier, this is a necessary step to setting the growth process in motion. The techniques to be used in order to achieve this goal with the utmost precision are: 1) Heavy Weights, 2) Eccentric Emphasis, and 3) Stretch Under Tension. If you have ever performed a workout using any of these methods, you more than likely felt a good degree of soreness in the target muscles over the following days, which is indicative of the type fiber damage we are looking for. However, when all of these techniques are combined properly, you definitely will experience a whole new level of muscle pain, ache (the good kind!) and stiffness. Now that is all well and good, but remember, your body must be able to not only repair all of this damage, but also reinforce the muscle fibers by making them larger and stronger. Digging a whole is fine, as long as you not only refill the hole, but also pile some new dirt on top! Got it?

This is where the second phase of the workout comes in (and where the magic happens)…fiber saturation. Once you have damaged the muscle fibers the goal is to now bathe them with as much nutrient/hormone-rich blood as humanly possible. That’s right, it’s time to chase the pump…big time! In other words, I don’t want you to wait to get home for the recovery process to begin. I want you to facilitate immediate repairs, and take advantage of the fact that during a workout (especially when high repetitions are involved) there is as much as five times the normal amount of blood flowing directly to the muscles than when at rest! In my experimentation with various FS protocols, I have found that what works best are: 1) Very High Repetitions, 2) Continuous Tension, and 3) Post Activation Supersets (compound movement followed by isolation movement). The goal when performing FS sets is to use a “piston-like” tempo, where the weight is almost constantly moving. There is no time for “stretch and squeeze,” as all we wish to do is force so much blood into the target muscle that it feels like it may burst! The muscle has already undergone the trauma necessary during FD, and now it is time to nourish it!

Speaking of Nourishment…

In order for FD/FS training to work to its potential, there is also a nutritional protocol to be used along with the program. The types of training techniques utilized during the FD phase are very brutal on both the muscles and CNS, which is why the FS stage of the workout is a necessary component. Since there will be a tremendous amount of blood traveling to the muscles during FS, we can take further advantage of this by overloading the system with certain nutrients before, during, and right after training. The period starting from right before the workout to immediately after is your greatest opportunity nutritionally to hasten the muscle building process!

A Better Look

Now that I have verbally bombarded you with “what’s” and “why’s” of FD/FS, lets take a look at what a typical day of training might have in store with a sample chest workout for both intermediate and advanced trainees (beginners have no place dabbling in such advanced training methods just yet).

Intermediate FD/FS Workout:

-Bench Press…2 x 3-4 (3/0/X tempo)
-Incline Press…2 x 5-6 (6/1/1 tempo)
-Incline DB Flye…2 x 7-8 (2/4/1 tempo)
-Machine Bench Press…1 x 30-40 (1/0/1 tempo; non-lock-out reps)
-Smith Incline Press…1 x 30-40 (1/0/1 tempo; non-lock-out reps)
-Cable Crossover…1 x 30-40 (1/0/1 tempo)

*Rest between sets on first three movements should be about 2-3 minutes. Rest between sets of last three movements should be no more than 1-2 minutes.

Advanced FD/FS Workout:

-Bench Press…2 x 3-4 + 1-2 forced reps (3/0/X tempo)
-Smith Incline Press…2 x 2-3 +1 + 1 + 1 rest/pause style (6/1/1 tempo) or…Eccentric Only Smith Incline Press**…2 x 5-6 (6 second negatives)
-Incline DB Flye…2 x 7-8 (2/4/1 tempo)
-Machine Bench Press…2 x 30-40 (1/0/1 tempo; non-lock-out reps)
-Superset: Machine Dips (1/0/1 tempo; non-lock-out reps) /Pec Deck (1/0/1 tempo)…1 x 20-25 each

*Rest between sets on first three movements should be about 2-3 minutes. Rest between sets of high rep movement should be no more than 1-2 minutes. Rest between exercises during superset should be no more than 15 seconds.
**When performing an eccentric only set you must have one to two spotters available to lift the weight back into the start position. Remember, most trainees are 30-40% stronger when lifting eccentrically than concentrically.

Feed the Machine

As I discussed, the nutritional aspect of this program is almost as important as the workouts themselves. In fact, I would say that FD/FS training is about 30-40% more effective for muscle hypertrophy when the following protocol is utilized. It was not until I began using this exact approach that my gains began to skyrocket, allowing me to add about 8 lbs over a 3-week period of FD/FS!

45 minutes before training:

-Whey Protein Isolate…50 grams
-Waxy Maize Starch or Maltodextrin…50 grams
-Vitamin C…1000 mg
-Phosphatidylserine…800 mg

Sip starting 15 minutes before workout and then throughout workout:

-Waxy Maize Starch or Maltodextrin…25 grams
-Gatorade or similar drink containing electrolytes and glucose…25 grams
-Essential Amino Acids 5-10 grams
-BCAA’s…15-20 grams
-Glutamine…15-20 grams
-Creatine…5 grams
-Beta Alanine…3 grams

15 minutes post workout:

-Whey Protein Isolate…50 grams
-Waxy Maize Starch or Maltodextrin…50 grams
-Antioxidant Blend (I like Radox by Syntrax)…1 serving

*Other ingredients can be used as well at all three times, such as ATP, citrulline, arginine, ALA, etc, but the above is more than enough to feed your muscles what they need.

Notes

Because of the extremely demanding nature of FD/FS training I highly recommend that it only be utilized during periods of the year when gaining muscle mass is the primary goal. You need to be well fed and well rested to fully reap the rewards of this program. With the exception of the most advanced bodybuilders, and/or those that do not train drug-free, I do not feel that FD/FS should be used during a cutting phase.

Further, FD/FS was not created for continual use, and should be cycled in and out of your regular training regimen, whether it be Power/Rep Range/Shock, DC, HIT, or any other method. It should only be used for 2-3 weeks periods or both physical and/or mental burnout can occur. Consider FD/FS as a “short burst” mega-mass gaining strategy!

Oh shoot, look what time it is, I gotta go! It’s time for me to go see my psychotherapist. You see, he is a client of mine and I had him try an FD/FS workout. He is now convinced that I am completely out of my mind, and desperately need help! But I don’t think I need a therapist…only a tailor!!

Peace Iron Warriors!

tank316

tank316

Awards
  • Established
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5/5/09
Chest/Delts
Bench press[smith] all other bench's were taken, I dont like the smith btw!
385x1..too easy 395x1 easy 405x1,1,1,1,1-good feel, and i had a spotter, very important. 1.5-2 min rest max.
Incline press
265x5,5,5.
Flat fly
60x15,55x15,50x20
Delts
standing o-h press
165x9,175x8,185x6,5.
Cheat laterals
55x10,60x6,6
wg upright rows
135x11,125x13,110x13 right into sidelaterals again but used 15's x16...Fried Delts.
25 min treadmill 3.7 mph 7% grade.

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the great write up. I think i might give that a try for my next bulking phase in september. Definitely is not a training style i've ever tried before but i had read a little about it in Iron Man Mag. Keep up the hard work in the gym big man and feel free to check out my log and maybe throw some suggestions my way as you seem to have a lot of knowledge and i can always use the help.

tank316

tank316

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the great write up. I think i might give that a try for my next bulking phase in september. Definitely is not a training style i've ever tried before but i had read a little about it in Iron Man Mag. Keep up the hard work in the gym big man and feel free to check out my log and maybe throw some suggestions my way as you seem to have a lot of knowledge and i can always use the help.
Will do bro!

tank316

tank316

Awards
  • Established
5/6/09
asap in morning
LBA 1 tblsp
and then 60 min cardio..walk/jog
5/7/09
Back/and light bis
Rack deads, pins @ knee
505x8,545x8,565x6,6
Bar rows
275x9,315x8,365x6,5
wg pulldowns
175x12,12,185x10,10[tempo, 2 down, 1 contracted, 1 up, 1 stretch]
seated cable rows 2 sets
150x15,140x15
wg cable rows
130x17
alt d-b curls
30x13,35x13
hammer
40x12,12,35x15

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Nice work on the rack deads and barbell rows. Freakin strong buddy!

tank316

tank316

Awards
  • Established
5/11-13/09
I have had just a hectic wk this far, I have been switched to dayshift all this wk, really throws things off.
mainly 50 min worth of am cardio prior to work.
This is a trypical wk off for me. 9 wks on 1 wk off

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
Yes, great detailed post about the current method you're using. Great numbers, and log as well. Keep up the good work, and welcome to AM!

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Taking that one week off probably does wonders for your joints and muscles. A laid back week always seems to revitalize me.

tank316

tank316

Awards
  • Established
Yes, great detailed post about the current method you're using. Great numbers, and log as well. Keep up the good work, and welcome to AM!
Thanks bon and thanks for the welcome.:wave2:

tank316

tank316

Awards
  • Established
Taking that one week off probably does wonders for your joints and muscles. A laid back week always seems to revitalize me.
By about Wed/Thurs into the week off, I'm soooo ready to get back in the gym.

tank316

tank316

Awards
  • Established
5/18/09
After a rest wk..9 wks on 1 off
Power wk Chest/Tri
DB Flat press
4 sets of 120's 1st 3 sets 7 reps, 4th set 6 reps
Inclinepress
280x6,6,5
wted dips
bdywt?+60x5,5
Tri's
close grip bench
275x5,5,5,280x5
Skulls
125x5,5,130x5
1 arm d-b ext overhead
2 sets 50x5,55x5
pushdowns v bar 1 set
70x25
No Cardio
5/19/09
Bis/delts
Bar curls
120x6,125x6,6 130x5
preach curls 2 sets
95x7,100x7
Hammer 3 sets a little cheating going on with the last set.
60x6,65x6,70x5
Machine curls 60x16
Delts
Standing o-h press
140x6,150x6,155x6,165x5
upright rows
135x5,145x5,5
cheat laterals
50x6,55x5
cable side straight arm
3x17
NO CARDIO
5/20/09
Am cardio walking dog 70 mins
5/21/09

Back
Rack deads [pins set @mid shin]
500x5,515x5,5
bent row
315x7,7,6,5
wted chin
bdy wt?x6,5,4 pooping out big time due to work load during the day...SUCKs too..Grrrr
CG seated rows
200x8,210x7,7
pulldowns wg
120x20....I've had it....
Friday will be legs, I'm training several HS athletes that day, showing them BFS box squats, so the box squat will be my main focus along with hammies.

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Nice numbers buddy. Especially those 315 rows!!! You can definitely tell that week off gave you a hunger to train like no other.

tank316

tank316

Awards
  • Established
Nice numbers buddy. Especially those 315 rows!!! You can definitely tell that week off gave you a hunger to train like no other.
I was more strict with my tempos this wk, hence the poundage difference from 2 wks ago.
3 down, 1 @bottom for the stretch, 1 up, 1 contraction and repeat
It was BRUTAL!:684:

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Ouch, that does sound brutal. But you know what they say, "No pain, No Gain".

tank316

tank316

Awards
  • Established
5/26/09
RR wk Chest Dlts
Incline db press
95x7,100x7,105x6,110x6,115x6
bench press
275x10,280x10,295x9,300x9
flyes flat
70x12,80x12
delts
upright row
135x7,145x6,6
bent lateral
55x10,60x10
cable sl's
5x11,11,4x13,4x12
abs 9 sets
3 sets wted crunch 70lb d-b on chest x 12
3 sets of jackknifes
3 sets of planks with a 25 lb plate on my back
25 min treadmill,3.8 mph-6% grade

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
Looking good as usual big T!
Guys, T is a big guy! His nickname fits him well.

Hoopie

Hoopie

Awards
Yep we call him the TANK cause he has the strength, power, and size of a freaking M1Abrams...Whats up Tank..

tank316

tank316

Awards
  • Established
dg/hoopie
Thanks for the props.
Aiming for that 20 lbs by Sept.
Off to do some morning cardio!

tank316

tank316

Awards
  • Established
5/27/09
A non typical day of cardio.
Splitting and cutting wood non-stop for 4-5 hours.

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Sometimes the best cardio is work around the house.

tank316

tank316

Awards
  • Established
Internet Probs...Hopefully solved.
6/2/09
Chest/Delts
7-8 min warm-up on treadmill
r/c movements for shoulders
chest press warm up 135x12
BFS Towel Bench
320x6,6,6. 335x5
incline fly
75x10,80x9,85x9,8.
assisted dips
2 sets x13 1.5 min rest between sets.
Delts
1 arm o-h db press
70x8,75x8,7,7
sl's
30x12,35x11,11
rev pec dec 2 sets
160x12,170x11
wg rows[bar to chest]
185x10,180x10
ab work...blah.

tank316

tank316

Awards
  • Established
6/3/09
Gotta love Leg Day
10 min bike for a warm up followed by 1 set of leg ext 100x15
Squats
375x10,405x10,[455x9,8..475x6 knees wrapped]
ext 3 sets
175x12,12,185x11
seated leg curls
205x12,215x11,220x9,9 drop set220x8 drop to 170x6 more
sldl
275x12, 4 sec stretch 3 sets
hypers toes up+35 lb plate 3 setsx8 reps
8 sets of calves
4 seated, 4 using leg press.
NO CARDIO

tank316

tank316

Awards
  • Established
LBA PRO: 3 SERVINGS PER DAY 30 MIN BEFORE MEALS
-CELL RUSH: 1 SERVING 30 MIN BEFORE PRE WORKOUT MEAL ON TRAINING DAYS
-LG5 PRO: 1 SERVING 30 MIN BEFORE POST WORKOUT MEAL ON TRAINING DAYS
-EFX KREALKALYN PRO: 1 CAP 30 MIN BEFORE PRE WORKOUT MEAL
-EFX NYTRIC PRO: 1 TAB 30 MIN BEFORE MEALS 1, 3, 5 BOTH TRAINING AND OFF DAYS
-KRE ALKALYN: 1 CAP 30 MIN BEFORE POST WORKOUT MEAL TRAINING DAYS AND FIRST MEAL ON OFF DAYS

6/4/09
bis/tri
alternating db curls
45x10,50x10,9
Preacher curls
85x12,12,90x10
Hammer curls
60x10,65x10,9
tris
Skulls
115x10,120x10,125x9,130x8
v bar pushdown
110x12,12,100x13
assisted dips 3 setsx15
20 min cardio
3.7 mph/5*grade
I had a lot of things to do to prepare for my fishing trip, so i had cut cardio short!

tank316

tank316

Awards
  • Established
6/8/09
Back
Rack Deads pins set 1 inch below knee cap
575x7,585x6,6,5....605x3
Bar rows
335x6,345x6,365x6,6
CG cable pull downs
230x6,200x8,180x12,160x15
pull overs
100x10,90x13
machine pull downs
100x25
20 min treadmill, 3.8 mph-7*grade

LBA PRO: 3 SERVINGS PER DAY 30 MIN BEFORE MEALS
-CELL RUSH: 1 SERVING 30 MIN BEFORE PRE WORKOUT MEAL ON TRAINING DAYS
-LG5 PRO: 1 SERVING 30 MIN BEFORE POST WORKOUT MEAL ON TRAINING DAYS
-EFX KREALKALYN PRO: 1 CAP 30 MIN BEFORE PRE WORKOUT MEAL
-EFX NYTRIC PRO: 1 TAB 30 MIN BEFORE MEALS 1, 3, 5 BOTH TRAINING AND OFF DAYS
-KRE ALKALYN: 1 CAP 30 MIN BEFORE POST WORKOUT MEAL TRAINING DAYS AND FIRST MEAL ON OFF DAYS

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Nice work big man. Sweet rack dead numbers!!!

tank316

tank316

Awards
  • Established
Nice work big man. Sweet rack dead numbers!!!
Feeling good this eve, I can tell I did a good back workout today though, Its always a feeling.

tank316

tank316

Awards
  • Established
6/9/09
bi/tri
Alt db curls
55x7,55x6,50x7,7
Hammers
65x9,70x8,7,55x12
1 arm preacher
30x12,25x16
Tris
pushdowns
140x7,7,150x6,6 160x2
rg push downs
110x12,12,120x10,9
dips assisted
2 sets x20-25 reps...forgot wt used.
No Cardio@ center, but I got tons chasing a lot the kids around at my stepdaughters softball game, 1 hrs worth.LOL

tank316

tank316

Awards
  • Established
6/22/09
bi tri 20 min cardio
push downs
140x8,150x6,6,6
rg push downs
100x10,110x10,10
bench dips+100 lbsx14,75x18
bi's
alt d-b's 55x6,60x6,5
hammer
65x8,70x7,75x6,6
machine curls 1 arm
50x15,15
20 min cardio
3.8 mph 7.5 grade
Alot of things to do at home after my fishing trip so I cut down my cardio.

tank316

tank316

Awards
  • Established
6/24/09
chest/delt
flat db press
110x10,10,8...3 min rest between sets 110x7,6 1.5 min rbs
incline fly
80x10,85x9,9,8
flat fly
60x18,55x24..fried.
delts
1 arm oh press
65x9,70x9,75x8,7
sl's
35x12,40x11,35x12
pec dec rear laterals
170x10,10..150x15
no cardio..stepdaughter had softball game.

tank316

tank316

Awards
  • Established
6/27/09
Back/Bis
cg t bar rows
5 plates+25lbs
5 sets of 8
cg pulldowns
230x10,240x8,250x6,6
wg pulldowns
160x12,12,drop 130x12
hammers
70x8,75x6,80x5
alt db
40x10,35x13,13[3/1/2] tempo
spider preacher curls [focusing on stretch]
70x12,12..torched.
30 min treadmill 3.8 mph varied grade from 4-8*

I'm getting closer to the THOUGHT of stepping on stage again.

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
You should definitely go for it. I'm looking to try and do my first show next june once this year of weddings and family gathering is over. I want to do one more bulk before i try get on stage as most of guys where i'm from who compete are geared to the nuts, and there isn't much for natural shows.

tank316

tank316

Awards
  • Established
You should definitely go for it. I'm looking to try and do my first show next june once this year of weddings and family gathering is over. I want to do one more bulk before i try get on stage as most of guys where i'm from who compete are geared to the nuts, and there isn't much for natural shows.
I here ya on the geared crud..
But, doing a show also brings out the best in us, and helps us take on other challenges other then the stage, I Say Go For It!!

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
I'm getting closer to the THOUGHT of stepping on stage again.
You know what? I never realized how much you weighed until right now for some reason. 255@ 5'8" is awesome T. I'd say go for it and blow em out of the water. I will be here to support you.