LET'S GET THIS MUTHA STARTED!!!

heywood

heywood

Awards
  • Established
Hey all,

Gonna start my first training log; this one's def. a noob log, I'm not real experienced but I'm coming off ACL surgery and had posted a log in the supplement section asking for some help in that area.

After careful review and a lot of considerate replies from other members, I believe that although supps are important my problems are much more basic than throwing a supp at them. This log is going to be a continuation of that thread and may go on for a long time. I gotta lot to learn, a long way to go and a lot of fat to lose!

As of today, this is a recap of progress:
Started: (2/26)
Weight: 192 lb (I'm 5' 11')
BF: 15%
BF to lose: at least 13.5 lb (trying to get to 8%, seems like a good #)

Started with no muscle tone, couldn't get any pump in my upper body muscles and couldn't even lift 135 for flat bench. <--:eek:wned2:

Now: (3/31)
Weight: 198 lb
BF: 15.5%
BF to lose: 15 lb

Guess I could be upset about the fat gain, but really it's just the first month and I don't have my diet dialed yet. I'm gonna need advice on this matter and I know it.

However, I have had solid gains in muscle and lifting capacity and more importantly mind-muscle connection improvement. Bench is back to at least 135, I haven't been doing 1RM's yet just building a base. I was able to squat 95 lb, which is only 9 weeks after surgery and felt awesome but gonna have to be careful for a while. Hurt my back on Sunday (3/29), but before that I did seated cable rows at 140 lb.

All of these lifts have been done to at least 8 or 10 reps, trying also to build endurance and to wake the damn muscles up out of their slumber.

That's it for now, sorry for the long post and they won't be this long again. Just had to set a benchmark and will start to get more scientific after this. As with any of my posts, I'm open to any input from anybody who wants to help and I appreciate it very much.

heywood

heywood

Awards
  • Established
I guess I'm posting this half for myself, but:

Just so y'all don't think I'm a lost cause or some fool that never knew what it was like to be in shape, I competed nationally in one sport (flatwater sprint kayaking) and regionally in another (alpine skiing) in my early/mid teens. I do know how to work out, I am one of those people who was very talented and didn't have the proper input/desire to follow it up with the proper results. Couldn't really get my head into the game and focus (absolutely sure I was/am add or adhd) as a young kid and didn't know what I was throwing away by being lazy and skipping workouts when results didn't happen automatically.

I've done plenty of the "I'm gonna get back in shape", only to have life intervene at 6 months or so.

I know, I'm sounding like a burnout but at 29 I can't continue on this track and after the knee surgery I'm more excited to get back in shape than I ever have and want to do it right; thus posting this.

What's changed? Learning how to look at the big picture more; how to step back and forgive myself for not being perfect every day with everything and look at the results as metrics for a long term goal. I'm excited as hell for the future right now; one day at a time but it's gonna happen.

If you don't know what the kayaking was about, check out Renn Crichlow: www*dot*geocities*dot*com/gorgecanoekayak/RENNFINAL*dot*jpg
If you don't know about the skiing, there is plenty out there to check out but suffice it to say that with my sport history back & legs are both easiest as far as big weight; chest, bi's and tri's are a little different.

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
good luck man. i'm along for the ride.

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
jumpin on man. as i find vid's and things that'll help i'll post them on here.

heywood

heywood

Awards
  • Established
all right, so first real post:

Last night I went to the gym not knowing how the back would hold up but you can't let little injuries hold you back :biggthumpup:

Chest & Bi's

BB Flat Bench:
85 warmup set @15
105 @ 12
125 @ 10
135 @ 7
Definitely happy about this, bench has never been a strong suit; I'm built like a monkey with a reach that fits someone who's 6'2 or 6'3 (74 inches or so). Form is king right now, and weight stabilization will come. I've gotta get up to 185 before I start setting pr's.

Incline DB Press:
30 warmup @ 12
35 @ 10 x2
40 @ 8
So...friggin'...weak! I really gotta work on my anterior delts and tris. Pecs are feeling okay tho.

Flat bench db flyes
15, 20, 25 Wasn't feelin' it (couldn't get a good pump) so...

Pec dec
85@12, 100@12, 115@10x2
More like it.

DB Curls
20 @ 12
25 @ 10x2
27.5 @ 10

Reverse EZ Bar Curls
45 @ 12
50 @ 12
55 @ 10
60 @ 10
I used to do this at 85 when I was 15 or 16. How f***ing embarrassing.

Tried to do some leg raises for abdoms but the back said no way jose.

Cardio @ 20min., not my strong suit. Not good at going slow enough on cardio to burn fat; usually push myself so hard my music starts pulsing to the beat of my heart but oh well, guess that's kinda like a mild hiit.

All in all it was a decent wo. I'm an endo-meso, so as long as I keep hitting the iron the muscles will hypertrophy but probably so will the waist until I get back to working every day and back to the routine. Gotta remember not to get too down on myself; it's a marathon and not a sprint but it can be tough remembering what I used to be able to do.

I'll do a post or two on my diet and supps next to bring everyone up to speed. Until then, giddyup! :dl:

heywood

heywood

Awards
  • Established
punthra: welcome bro, glad to have you!

natty: thanks! extra literature always helps.

heywood

heywood

Awards
  • Established
All right, here's the major weakness for me: I understand nutrition in a very basic way, but fall down on my face when it comes to ratios, counting calories and knowing when in the day to eat what.

So far, I've been starting off with 1 cup whole oat granola in the morning (with Anabolic Pump and ReCreate about 25 mins before, just long enough to start to get hypoglycemic). I also have been taking SuperCissus RX and for the past few days I've been megadosing it because of an injury. Also just after breakfast I have a multi and 2g cod liver oil gels.

An hour after breakfast it's 2 PowerFull

Here's the hard part for me: I don't know what to properly do between meals. I make a shake pre-wo, but maybe it's a bit too heavy and/or too much ingredients.

Usually: 1-2 cups milk (lowfat), 1 banana, some frozen strawberries, nat. pb or coconut oil (about 1.5 tbsp), 2 scoops protein (designer whey) and 2 scoops ground oats (same scoop as came from protein).

For most meals, I've been eating a sweet potato with a little coconut oil and tabasco along with a lean protein source (either 4 or 5 eggs but only 1 or 2 yolks, a can of tuna or turkey slices). I also will take a bunch of broccoli and steam it; and put some apple cider vinegar over the top (mrs. braggs).

I'm probably going to talk to one of the trainers at my gym about my diet/supplementation, as I think either I'm not getting enough calories in an average day or not enough quality calories or both.

Pre-wo I've been using jack3d along with some extra creatine, that stuff is pretty intense and I do believe that it is helping my pumps. I haven't gotten post-wo figured out very well yet since I don't have any bcaa's yet.

Any input would be greatly appreciated; I don't really profess to know sh** about how to put it all together and make it work. I've been fit before, and I've been thin before but never really studied how to make it all work together properly without losing something else along the way.

heywood

heywood

Awards
  • Established
thanks for that natty,

I know it's not rocket science I just don't feel like I have the basics down yet. Like you said for you (I'm pretty much the same), gaining is easy, it's keeping the blub down to a manageable level.

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
thanks for that natty,

I know it's not rocket science I just don't feel like I have the basics down yet. Like you said for you (I'm pretty much the same), gaining is easy, it's keeping the blub down to a manageable level.
yeah.

I've been following that plan kinda closely and not had any increase blub...

if anything i'd say i've lost some, but i've gained weight...

heywood

heywood

Awards
  • Established
Mainly I'm having trouble eating enough all together. 5 meals is so alien to me and especially the huge amounts of food; not sure I can keep up with it.

Gotta try tho either way.

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
Mainly I'm having trouble eating enough all together. 5 meals is so alien to me and especially the huge amounts of food; not sure I can keep up with it.

Gotta try tho either way.
hahah

i guess i'm used to it cuz of my hypoglycemia.......

i eat alot

wake up at 7 have a 50 gram protein shake, with a cup of oats (47 grams of carbs) and several tablespoons flax..(i don't remember how many carbs)
workout
have a postworkout shake with 50 gram protein, about 60 grams of carbs in form of table surgar
about 30 minutes later during my first class i have half a sweet potato and a chicken breast
about an hour later it'll be 12 and i have another chicken breast and a cup of brown rice
few hours later i usually down another chicken breast and 2 peanut butter sandwhiches
at 5 (when i go to work) i'll eat about 15 oz of roast, a bunch of broccali,
when i get home at 7 i have cottage cheese
at 9 i have a whey shake
at 11 i lay down for sleep :)

heywood

heywood

Awards
  • Established
hahah

i guess i'm used to it cuz of my hypoglycemia.......

i eat alot

wake up at 7 have a 50 gram protein shake, with a cup of oats (47 grams of carbs) and several tablespoons flax..(i don't remember how many carbs)
workout
have a postworkout shake with 50 gram protein, about 60 grams of carbs in form of table surgar
about 30 minutes later during my first class i have half a sweet potato and a chicken breast
about an hour later it'll be 12 and i have another chicken breast and a cup of brown rice
few hours later i usually down another chicken breast and 2 peanut butter sandwhiches
at 5 (when i go to work) i'll eat about 15 oz of roast, a bunch of broccali,
when i get home at 7 i have cottage cheese
at 9 i have a whey shake
at 11 i lay down for sleep :)
Damn brougham! Guess I have a lot to learn about eating enough. Just had dinner, and it was all I could do to choke down 8 oz. ground beef w/1 egg mixed in, 1 big stalk of broccoli and a bowl of lentil soup from the bulk food section. I feel like I can't eat any more...

Then again, I'm also outweighed by 50-60 lb by you so I guess I can't complain too much...and I've been gaining strength while not gaining too much weight lately. I won't trust the scale at the gym anymore; it reads 5 lb heavier than my home scale and I need a constant measurement even if it's flawed. Therefore, the weight is 196 as of today, not 200 or 198.

Mainly the schedule is f***ed right now for me; I've been a lazy fool without work to force me to wake up I've been sleeping in til noon (to help my back heal). Unfortunately, when that happens I can't sleep until around 2am or later.

All that's gotta change next week, I'm gonna cut myself off at 8:30am...when I get back to work I need to be ready to wake up at 5am (or earlier, for some job sites).

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
Damn brougham! Guess I have a lot to learn about eating enough. Just had dinner, and it was all I could do to choke down 8 oz. ground beef w/1 egg mixed in, 1 big stalk of broccoli and a bowl of lentil soup from the bulk food section. I feel like I can't eat any more...

Then again, I'm also outweighed by 50-60 lb by you so I guess I can't complain too much...and I've been gaining strength while not gaining too much weight lately. I won't trust the scale at the gym anymore; it reads 5 lb heavier than my home scale and I need a constant measurement even if it's flawed. Therefore, the weight is 196 as of today, not 200 or 198.

Mainly the schedule is f***ed right now for me; I've been a lazy fool without work to force me to wake up I've been sleeping in til noon (to help my back heal). Unfortunately, when that happens I can't sleep until around 2am or later.

All that's gotta change next week, I'm gonna cut myself off at 8:30am...when I get back to work I need to be ready to wake up at 5am (or earlier, for some job sites).

what do you do?

and just as a footnote, i've got genetics...my dad was a bodybuilder too...I haven't been under 220 since i was 13

heywood

heywood

Awards
  • Established
electrician.

and yes, you must have good genetics...I weighed 165 my senior year in high school (reason why I didn't want to play free safety; I just would have gotten hurt).

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
electrician.

and yes, you must have good genetics...I weighed 165 my senior year in high school (reason why I didn't want to play free safety; I just would have gotten hurt).
haha free safeties are supposed to be smaller lanky guys who can travel long distances in a short amount of time

heywood

heywood

Awards
  • Established
yeah, that was a bad argument...but I was just as fast at 175-180 I just didn't think I would be able to help the team much.

heywood

heywood

Awards
  • Established
all right...good workout tonight, but not good at the same time.

Tri's & Delts

V-bar cable pushdown
(weight's low 'cuz I'm a puss these days and because my gym's cable machine isn't a block&tackle setup, just a straight pull)

40 @ 15
50 @ 12
60 @ 10
40 @ 12
Finally starting to feel some pump in my tri's again

Bent-over db tri extensions

15 @ 12
17.5 @ 12
20 @ 12
Trying to burn out the tri's

Dips, no weight (I know, I'm a puss)

10, 8, 5
Need to work on these, as well as bench dips; but I tried dips a week or two ago and couldn't get 4 or 5 without breaking form so I am very happy.

Felt like I should have done some military presses or shoulder presses or arnolds but ran out of gas and instead decided to torture my delts in other, more masochistic ways

Delts: Anterior, Mid, Posterior

Ant: 15@15, 17.5@12 (10@5), 20@10 (10@5)
Mid: 15@12, 17.5@12 (10@5), 17.5@10 (10@5)

After the second set, I started doing isometric failure reps (burnouts) to really torch the muscles, need to build up a base right now as I'm struggling to feel pumps in some of the exercises as much as I should (might have something to do with supplementation as well, even tho I've been taking Jack3d pre-wo).

BB Shrugs
115 @ 15
135 @ 12x2

I was still kinda pissed at myself for not lighting it up, it was an uninspired workout besides the delt torching (felt real good) so I rewarded myself with 35mins on the elliptical at a good pace. I'll bring my hrm to assess whether I'm working AT(anaerobic threshold) or not next time. At the end, I took the resistance up to 14 to almost make it like a stair-stepper.

For 2.5 months after major knee surgery I'm pretty proud, and the cissus is working wonders: no knee pain for a while now except a little stiffness if I don't move for long periods. I'll have to post a pic when I get 50 posts to show how small my left leg is right now compared to the right.

heywood

heywood

Awards
  • Established
Now I try to break down why I didn't perform as well as I wanted to today, and I have the following possible and probable culprits:

1) My diet is f***ed. I don't eat enough and always struggle to. It's so weird, being an (I thought) endo or meso-endo I always struggle with extra fat. I always end up with the handles and man-boobs with no provocation. However, I also think I let my sugar go up and down like a roller-coaster without thinking enough about it...as soon as I feel good energy I'm not used to thinking, "man, now I need to eat again." The 2-3 hr. rule is messing with me right now.

I actually think I have a new term for my body type: efficient meso (I gain muscle easily when I eat/supplement even close to correctly, but my body might not need as many calories as people say I do and I need to stay moving all day or I gain fat like crazy as if my body is hoarding all it can get all the time). I say this because I couldn't gain weight until I was 21 and got married and spent a lot of time in front of the computer without working out and got henpecked for having big (for me) muscles. Until then I was a pretty constant 170-175 and very fit; probably around 8% bf.

2) My supps are off. I just ordered a bunch of bulk stuff from np so a lot of that will get better quickly. The biggest gaps I see in my supps right now are no bcaa supplementation, but I believe this to be a very minor culprit after diet and daily rhythms. However, it will be nice to have some wms, bcaa's and crea. mono to work with again.

If anybody has any input, especially guys like Samuel who are strength trainers I would appreciate it. I am mostly concerned (from now until at least the end of April) with building a good base with higher reps and form coming at the expense of higher weight. I'm also probably going to be focusing on cutting and recomping for a while; no desire to add a bunch of beef to my frame.

Thanks for reading...giddyup!

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
well...

you got my opinion, high slow reps to rebuild a base

however vol. (sam) knows a heck of a lot more than i do right now, so if he suggests something different i'd be very interested in reading it and learning. :)

heywood

heywood

Awards
  • Established
well...

you got my opinion, high slow reps to rebuild a base

however vol. (sam) knows a heck of a lot more than i do right now, so if he suggests something different i'd be very interested in reading it and learning. :)
Def. no disrespect to your opinion, I am taking your input and doing that (hence the burnout sets)...it's always nice to hear other opinions as well just to see if they are different. I used to be pretty knowledgeable on some of this but over time I've lost my nerve in trusting my own opinion.

I just gotta watch my enthusiasm and try not to re-injure the back; it's getting better and I don't want to have a relapse. However, back day is coming up so I'll have to do some creative workouts for a while to isolate the lower back and protect it. I'm still trying to find my weight belt :ugh1:

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
oh no way man no disrespect taken.

I'm here to learn and absorb as much as i can. Vol's a smart cat.

I gave you my opinion based more on my experience in coming back, and what's worked for me.

heywood

heywood

Awards
  • Established
Woke up this morning at 193.5, weight's going back down which is good. I don't need to be bigger, I need to be more cut. I'll need to go to the gym and test my bf again sometime, but I think I'll just do that every 2 weeks or something so I don't get too obsessed. I do like how I'm looking, pretty sure the love handles are shrinking and as long as I'm putting on more muscle they will continue to shrink. More importantly I'm feeling more connected to the body; just gonna have to be patient.

heywood

heywood

Awards
  • Established
All right, I'm finally to 50 posts and can attach stuff! My featured video of the week:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIuR5TNyL8Y"]YouTube - Napster Bad[/ame]

lol Metallica cock ring...:toofunny:

heywood

heywood

Awards
  • Established
All right, one more...this one is so priceless and loses its punch after this weekend, so...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koSFgkTkhd8"]YouTube - Dick Vitale Goes Apesh*t[/ame]

ya gotta love dicky v

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
haha i'll have to watch them when i get off work

heywood

heywood

Awards
  • Established
Report from today's wo

Legs

Upside-down Bosu squats
3x60

Supersetted with:
Lunges
20x25, 10x25
Back was acting up; started to get some nerve pain; had to tone it down

And some ab curls; wanted to hanging leg raises but it angers the back.

On to Hack Squat Leg Press
4x15, no weight on sled

15 minutes on rowing erg, averaged 2:11/500m back was okay
Rode bike to/from gym, becoming easier and easier.

It's real hard to get pumped about doing leg day when you can't pin it; but the legs are getting stronger so I can't complain. Just frustrating having a hurt back and knee; screws up all back & leg workouts.

At least I got to see MSU kick the crap out of UCONN...as a UW Husky fan UCONN is the antichrist and deserves to go down in flames.

Until the next workout, giddyup!

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
what the heck is a bosu squat???

i'm heading to google now.

heywood

heywood

Awards
  • Established
It's one of those half plyo-ball, half platform deals. I take it and stand on the platform and it provides an off-balance exercise so I can rebuild the stabilizer muscles in my legs and core.

You see 'em all the time in aerobics classes and stuff.

Random181

Awards
  • Established
Sorry im late, good luck with your goals dude!

heywood

heywood

Awards
  • Established
welcome to the party...not too much action here, but I'm trying to keep it consistent.

let me know if you have any suggestions, I'm here to learn.

Random181

Awards
  • Established
Allright mate, I know how you feel on that one, ive been gettin some great advice lately and it defo helps, I think the main advice I can give is remember to stretch properly every workout, I find it really helps with recovery and defenitly decreases my doms, I recommend the DC extreme stretches. Also while I agree with natty not to count calories, I would recommend you try and set up a basic template for nutrition and stick roughly to it, thats pretty much what I do and it works like a charm :) Apart from that you seem to have it covered, now we just gotta see how it goes, Im guessing you are taking a supplement for cortisol control? IMO that is one of the most important things for fat loss/clean bulks.

heywood

heywood

Awards
  • Established
Allright mate, I know how you feel on that one, ive been gettin some great advice lately and it defo helps, I think the main advice I can give is remember to stretch properly every workout, I find it really helps with recovery and defenitly decreases my doms, I recommend the DC extreme stretches. Also while I agree with natty not to count calories, I would recommend you try and set up a basic template for nutrition and stick roughly to it, thats pretty much what I do and it works like a charm :) Apart from that you seem to have it covered, now we just gotta see how it goes, Im guessing you are taking a supplement for cortisol control? IMO that is one of the most important things for fat loss/clean bulks.
Thanks for the input, I do stretch as much as I can but still don't quite do enough. As soon as I'm able, I'm thinking about possibly doing some yoga even though it's expensive to do regularly. I always felt it made me much stronger as well as more flexible.

For the cortisol control, I've been taking cissus but I'm pretty new to understanding proper supplementation/diet. I do know quite a bit about food, but not how my body reacts very well.

Since age 18 I have gone from 165 lb up to 185 (very fit, college life), then down to 170 (very fit) and up to 215 (fatso) at age 21/22. I went back down to 180 or so, then up and down again and now am around 195 (fatso) due to surgery and immobilization (in Jan. I weighed 185-188 before surgery). I'm trying to break this cycle and stay at a healthy 180 or so, mainly my weight gain has to do with injury and subsequent lack of exercise. I'd like to try to avoid spending a huge amount on supps and they won't help me a huge amount (besides whey, creatine, bcaa's, etc.) with how untrained my body is right now.

Random181

Awards
  • Established
Good luck with that then, I entirely understand that reasoning, I believe that cissus will help with cortisol but am not that sure tbh, I was thinking of something more like lean extreme which is a lot stronger, honestly though thinking about it I would stick with what you are doing for now, stronger supps will come in helpful when your lucking to get the last bit of fat off and for helping stop it coming back on if you plan on bulking up :) good luck with that yoga if you decide to try it, id love to go yoga but theres non near me which is a shame as I would imagine yoga is full of hot girls:laugh:

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
It's one of those half plyo-ball, half platform deals. I take it and stand on the platform and it provides an off-balance exercise so I can rebuild the stabilizer muscles in my legs and core.

You see 'em all the time in aerobics classes and stuff.
whoa i just did this today...haha now i know the name of it. thanks.

heywood

heywood

Awards
  • Established
Good luck with that then, I entirely understand that reasoning, I believe that cissus will help with cortisol but am not that sure tbh, I was thinking of something more like lean extreme which is a lot stronger, honestly though thinking about it I would stick with what you are doing for now, stronger supps will come in helpful when your lucking to get the last bit of fat off and for helping stop it coming back on if you plan on bulking up :) good luck with that yoga if you decide to try it, id love to go yoga but theres non near me which is a shame as I would imagine yoga is full of hot girls:laugh:
yeah, although it's sometimes like it is in the gym; why pay the money if you're just going to ogle? I know better places to ogle when the weather's right ;)

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
They work good, don't they? Even if they are kinda a chick exercise, I like the off-balance nature of it.
it's a requirement for football players, so i'll say it's a beast man exercise ;)

yeah they were awesome :)

heywood

heywood

Awards
  • Established
All right, I told you I'd put some pics of my legs up and here they are:

:laugh:

Attachments

heywood

heywood

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I'll post some real pics if only to show how asymmetrical the legs are right now so I can compare later...the rest of the body nds serious work too but I'm just glad I got supportive bros like you to keep me motivated. Went for a 21 mile bike ride today, it kicked my a** something fierce. It was the first sunny and warm (60s) day we've had in a very long time. I forgot how nice it is to be able to wear a tshirt without a hoody or jacket.

I just gotta keep remembering I'm only 10 or so weeks out of knee surgery and only 4 or 5 weeks out of a full-length knee brace (nuts to ankles). At the smallest, I could wrap my hands around my thigh with about 1 inch of overlap. Now I've got about 1 inch of separation between the fingers. 2 inches of growth in a very small amount of time, but the other leg at the same point (just a bit above the knee) is only about 1 inch more in circumference so it's coming back.

I'm comin' back...slowly but surely!

heywood

heywood

Awards
  • Established
All right, back in the saddle again!

First back workout since messing up the lower back...felt good! Love me back days

Wide Grip Pulldowns
90x12 (too easy)
105x12 (getting there)
125x10 (started breaking form, so only 8 count)
120x8
100x5 (burnouts)

EDIT: Forgot I also did Wide Grip Cable Lat Pressdowns
40x12
55x12
60x8
40x12
These are an old fave, I was getting horrifically good pumps from them last night; felt the lat all the way down my side. Woulda gone heavier or something, but I started breaking form at 60 so I backed off. /EDIT

Hammer Strength Low Row (gotta stay away from seated cables for a bit)
Weight is each side
25x12 (easy peasy)
45x12 (still easy)
60x12 (decent pump)
60x5 (burnouts)

One-Arm Rows
40x12 (easy)
50x12 (still easy)
60x12 (little tougher, but coulda done more)

BB RDL's (wasn't sure if back would hold up, but my hammies and lower back were missing these)

bar weight warmup
95x12x3 (easy, just feeling it out)
Yay! No more lower back twinges/spasms! Not 100%, but back to about 70% so far.

Cable Side Raises
42.5x12 (injured side still a bit off, but felt good to have the movement)
50x12
57.5x12

Kneeling Cable Pull-downs (abs)
50x12
62.5x12
70x12

Was finally feeling good in the weightroom for the first time in a while. My back is feeling better and strength is continuing to improve. Some of this might have to do with taking my dose of Powerfull pre-workout 25-30 mins before taking Jack3d and a heaping tsp of creatine. Def. had a bit of alpha-male and was very positive-feeling. I like.

I also didn't ride my bike to the gym, which I think has been eating up the Jack3d or negating some of its effectiveness. I'll save my big aerobic bike days for off-days I think from now on and do cardio post-wo for 20-30 mins.

I def. felt like I could have gone much heavier on some of the exercises, but I'm going to have to do the "baby steps first" approach so I don't hurt my back again. I'd rather have it take me a month to go up 20lb than jump into it and risk injury anymore.

Until next time, giddyup! :dl:

heywood

heywood

Awards
  • Established
haha, well you've got good thighs considering...
nah, it's all feathers...now this guy has good thighs!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAeH4eEtDTE"]YouTube - Burger King Kickin' Chicken Commercial[/ame]

AAAAHHH...B'COCK! lol

Random181

Awards
  • Established
Workout is looking good mate, Im like 5 reps behind you on the one arm rows:laugh:, also about the ogglin sometimes the hot chicks get annoying when im trying to lift and they all come over in those tight outfits, god its distracting!!!

heywood

heywood

Awards
  • Established
Workout is looking good mate, Im like 5 reps behind you on the one arm rows:laugh:, also about the ogglin sometimes the hot chicks get annoying when im trying to lift and they all come over in those tight outfits, god its distracting!!!
Yeah, but you can probably do more than 3 pullups at one time. I miss being 165 sometimes =P

heywood

heywood

Awards
  • Established
Lately I've decided that it would be best to focus on getting my diet dialed much better than it has been. I find more often than not when I actually add up the nutrient macros of what I'm eating it's still too heavy on carbs/fat and light on protein.

Back to the drawing board; I finally broke down and am going to just do a one-hour consult with the training director at my gym. This is something I never would have done in the past; I just plain don't ask for help...sometimes (alright, often) to my detriment and eventual downfall.

I know a lot of it's trial and error, but feel that I need a good blueprint to follow (training wheels) so that I can eventually make the right decisions about this stuff.

heywood

heywood

Awards
  • Established
Had to do a hurry-up workout today; had about 45mins. Kinda sucked but had to make the best of it as I had a family dinner to get to.

Chest & Bi's

BB Flat Bench Press
95x15
115x12
135x10
135x8
Felt weak, forgot to eat after my consult (ironic, eh?)

Incline DB Press
35x12
40x10
45x8

Went to do dips, but my shoulders were fried; gonna have to work on them.

Pec Dec
100x12
125x8 (broke form)
100x10
Struggling to get a decent pump on my chest; might just have to resort to doing slow cable flyes w/minimal weight to warm them up.

Hanging leg raises
20x3

Flat Bar Curls
55x12
60x12
65x10

Reverse EZ Bar Curls
55x12
60x10
65x8
Night and day. Pump on my bi's & forearms was almost painful. Veins everywhere; much better than last week. Think I need to maybe change my chest day routine as I'm just not hitting chest right. My anterior delts, however feel like they're going to fall off. Gonna have to light up the rest of my shoulders to make up for the anteriors.

Earlier, did the diet consult; not much for the "what to eat" as much as when and how much. I am definitely undereating or maybe more accurately eating too much at the wrong times; if I add up all my calories for one day it's generally not enough. The funny thing is I've been gaining weight and have gone up 7 lb in 6 weeks.

heywood

heywood

Awards
  • Established
All right, tri's & shoulders tonight...

Rope Cable Pushdowns
42.5x15
50x12
50x10

EZ Bar Skullcrushers
55x15
60x12
65x12

Reverse single cable pushdown
15x10
10x12x2

Front/Side/Back DB Raises
15x12
17.5x12
20x12
Shoulders still feelin' last workout (esp. anterior)

Pussed out on doing any more shoulder; was underfed today. Swear I'm gonna be the first fatass anorexic lol. I've been counting up my calories and a lot of days I'm not hitting 1500. Not good, except the man-boobs are going away pretty quick (phew!).

Calf Raises
150xfailure x3 sets

15min. on rowing erg, 30min. on elliptical btw(balls to da wall mang).

left knee was feelin' off today; kinda stiff and not right. therapist was wrenchin' on me yesterday and think that's why. Could also be cuz I haven't eaten much of anything today and was dehydrated until I chugged half a gallon of water. OopS!

Tomorrow's another day...thinkin' I'ma make chili this weekend. Yee har!

heywood

heywood

Awards
  • Established
Just noticed my reps are the same as the year today...2009! lol...I need a new hobby