LET'S GET THIS MUTHA STARTED!!!

Page 3 of 7 First 12345 ... Last

1. All right, I'm gonna take a page from snagency and post my dinner tonight mainly cuz it looks so frickin' awesome:

lofat lasagna, sweet potatoes, broc w/apple cider vinegar and the coup de grace, a buffalo meat steak with a side of horseradish!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. post dinner report: gawd I wish bison meat wasn't so damn expensive! for an 8oz steak it's 254 cal. & only 38 cal. from fat! uh-oh, already feeling it:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    •   

3. That looks heavenly

edit: ahh now you made me feel well hungry haha

4. Quote Originally Posted by Random181 View Post
    That looks heavenly

edit: ahh now you made me feel well hungry haha
    thanks! It was good, but I can't afford to have that quality of meal all the time tho

5. Quote Originally Posted by heywood View Post
    thanks! It was good, but I can't afford to have that quality of meal all the time tho
    you know i thought a while ago, about buying a ranch and raising buffalo and shipping it mail order to people with dry ice...at a good price...

they have a few companies that do that but they're massively expensive.

6. gotta love whole foods for something

would you have been natty rancher then?

7. Another note: I woke up in the middle of the night to drain myself and got on the scale...192.5 wtf??? I've been weighing a consistent 197 or so; guess staying away from white sugar, white flour and alcohol really helps you lose weight

looked in the mirror this morning and it's true: I'm shrinking. I'm planning on going on an all-out cut until I get down to 185 or wherever I'm down to about 10% bf, then reassessing what my body needs. If anybody has anything to add here; I've never really done anything like this with goals in mind so I would appreciate the input. Do you guys think I should try to cut down to 180, or go on a lean bulk at 185 and then lean down again afterwards?

All I care about is no more :donut:

8. Depends on your goals, if you wanna be cut for summer then defo cut, if your plans are more long term (aka not the upcoming summber but next years) then bulk till the end!

9. Quote Originally Posted by Random181 View Post
    Depends on your goals, if you wanna be cut for summer then defo cut, if your plans are more long term (aka not the upcoming summber but next years) then bulk till the end!
    yeah, I'm leaning towards the cut just to see how low I can go while still adding muscle (might try a natty test booster near the middle/end of cut to keep the muscle wasting down to a minimum).

as far as bulking is concerned, I probably will try my best to stay away from dirty bulking for a long while; I put on fat way too easy and I need to watch that tendency.

I think that the high-intensity cardio I've been doing is def. helping; I noticed the days after my last torture session I started to look more jiggly but the biggest difference has been not drinking alcohol. That sh*t adds fat like no other. Last time I stopped drinking for a couple/few months I got down to 182 or so from 195.

10. Good luck then! btw you are lucky to just have problems affording meals like that! I can barely afford to eat my base calories right now
    •   

11. Quote Originally Posted by heywood View Post
    gotta love whole foods for something

would you have been natty rancher then?
    naw hahah it probably woulda been...texdacowboy

12. I will add this, if you're not looking to be a bodybuilder, I think you should get down to a body weight, body mass/fat index you're comfortable at, and slowly over time working on gaining muscle.

the healthy way in other words. It takes longer but in the long term it's certainly the best and healthiest for you. That way you can be on a lean mini bulk year round

13. Quote Originally Posted by natty texan View Post
    I will add this, if you're not looking to be a bodybuilder, I think you should get down to a body weight, body mass/fat index you're comfortable at, and slowly over time working on gaining muscle.

the healthy way in other words. It takes longer but in the long term it's certainly the best and healthiest for you. That way you can be on a lean mini bulk year round
    I agree. My body's also going thru a lot of changes right now due to rebuilding muscle lost in my leg...went to get a knee brace fit today and the lady fitting it was blown away that the bad leg's quad was only 1/2" smaller than the good leg. I was pretty proud.

Now for the tough part; the calf. I've been beating up on them for a little bit and I'm gonna have to destroy them on a regular basis to get them back to where they were (really only the left one; the right one is the same size as before).

As for the lean mini bulk you are talking about; what do you recommend as a way to do this? Do you just mean eating approx. 100-200 extra calories every day and continuing my training routine?

14. Quote Originally Posted by heywood View Post
    I agree. My body's also going thru a lot of changes right now due to rebuilding muscle lost in my leg...went to get a knee brace fit today and the lady fitting it was blown away that the bad leg's quad was only 1/2" smaller than the good leg. I was pretty proud.

Now for the tough part; the calf. I've been beating up on them for a little bit and I'm gonna have to destroy them on a regular basis to get them back to where they were (really only the left one; the right one is the same size as before).

As for the lean mini bulk you are talking about; what do you recommend as a way to do this? Do you just mean eating approx. 100-200 extra calories every day and continuing my training routine?
    well i mean, get to where you want to be at, definition wise, then slowly increase your food, so you're just putting on lbm with minimal fat gain.

15. yeah kinda figgered that, just sometimes hard to quantify things for me...it's so easy to fall off the wagon

16. de-str0yed.

did back tonight...

Wide Grip Pulldowns
    85x12
    100x12
    120x10

Wide Grip Lat Pushdowns
    40x12
    55x12
    45x12

Hammer Strength Mid Row (weight is per side), movement is mirrored, not one side @ a time.
    45's x12
    55x12
    65x12
    70x12

One Arm Rows
    50x12
    60x12
    70x12
    Was starting to feel beastly. Hadn't done 70's in a few years, felt gooooood.

Romanian Dead Lifts
    95x12
    115x12
    135x12
    The back is finally starting to feel well enough to push the weight up slowly. The lower back pump was insane tho.

And then, the cardio:
    45mins on the elliptical, every 5 mins switching directions. According to the machine, 680 kcals and I was cashed in after that. It was hard to drag my a$$ home; I'll sleep good tonight.

Def. making up two bottles; one bcaas & crystal light and the other just h2o was a good idea. Sipped on the bcaa mix while I lifted and dug into the water during and after the cardio.

Here's hoping tomorrow hurts.

17. good job on movin the weights up.

and congrats on your back getting better.

keep pushing hard!

18. Quote Originally Posted by natty texan View Post
    good job on movin the weights up.

and congrats on your back getting better.

keep pushing hard!
    thx man, I 'preciate it. I'm a hurtin' unit today, might go for a bike ride to open up the legs a bit.

19. Quote Originally Posted by heywood View Post
    post dinner report: gawd I wish bison meat wasn't so damn expensive! for an 8oz steak it's 254 cal. & only 38 cal. from fat! uh-oh, already feeling it:
    buffalo is also very high in creatine

if your main goal is to drop some fat, make sure you're subbing out your fast carbs for slow carbs - you're probably doing this already. anything that can lower GH levels are bad for a cut. this is especially important in all things from post-workout till bedtime.

pre workout - when your GH levels haven't become elevated yet, the quality of carbs don't make much of a difference.

20. Quote Originally Posted by suncloud View Post
    buffalo is also very high in creatine

if your main goal is to drop some fat, make sure you're subbing out your fast carbs for slow carbs - you're probably doing this already. anything that can lower GH levels are bad for a cut. this is especially important in all things from post-workout till bedtime.

pre workout - when your GH levels haven't become elevated yet, the quality of carbs don't make much of a difference.
    thanks for that; it's probably the biggest hole in my knowledge to be able to know what kind of food to eat when. I know some of the basics, but that's it so far. Gettin' there tho.

21. well, it looks like I'm gonna be going back to work...

I doubt that I'm going to have too much trouble working out, but it's gonna have to take a back seat for a little bit while I get acclimated to working on a construction site again (waking up at 4:30 every morning and busting my a$$). Expect the log to be updated perhaps a little less than it has been, but it's by no means goodnight mr. chips.

Wish me luck, it's gonna be tough gimpin' around with a bum wheel for a while but I'm excited to be making money again!

Cheers and thanx for the support so far!

22. Glad you got the job man! good luck with it

23. Quote Originally Posted by Random181 View Post
    Glad you got the job man! good luck with it
    Thanks! I'm def. excited, but man is it going to be tough getting used to waking up at 4:30 every morning again!

Better than being unemployed by more than a fair amount!

24. Workout last night: Chest & Bi's

Low Cable Flyes
    10@12
    15@12
    10@10

High Cable Flyes
    15@12
    20@12
    20@10

DB Incline Bench
    35@12
    40@10
    45@8
    Coming along, I haven't done 45's in a while...think that I'm going to have to start a power cycle as I'm starting to feel like certain weights are too easy until I get to 6-8 reps, and then the endurance runs out.

Straight BB Curls
    60@12
    65@10
    70@10

Pinwheel Curls
    20@12
    20@12
    25@10
    Weak, weak and more weak. That's what I get for having monkey arms. Feeling like the high rep sets are starting to run their course, and aren't making the muscles grow much anymore but I might just be getting impatient.

EZ Bar Reverse Curls
    55@12
    60@10
    65@10
    Almost painful pump again, don't need to do much with the forearms...I've looked like popeye since I was a teenager. They do start to hurt when I do the reverse curls...like they're gonna explode.

Overall, it was a decent workout but had a hard time keeping focus. Lot of things going on right now and I'll be happier in a month or so when things are a bit more settled. As much as I love change routines help keep ya grounded or so I guess it goes.

25. Thought I'd do a little summary review of how I'm doing about 7 weeks into this whole deal:

Training is going how it's going, I'm still in noob gain territory for another couple months at least so I'm not going to say more than I think things are going along okay except I need to start pushing myself harder and maybe doing some lower rep sets soon to throw a wrench into my body's comfort level.

Supplementation is going okay, I do feel like I'm wasting money and will start going thru and probably start buying more bulk supps and doing my own capping. Certain supps are going to be more worth it later when my body is in a better rhythm and I would like to see if I can mimic some of them with bulk supps.

Nutrition is still a thorn in my side, mainly because I gotta get back to work. I've been sleeping in too much and my day isn't regimented enough; that's changing this week tho. It's not that I don't know what to eat, it's more that I don't have enough to do to keep me busy when I'm not at work and I sit in front of the 'puter too much. Just a hunch, but when I get back to work I'll bet my weight is gonna go down quick. I'm going to have to work hard to keep it on 'cause I'll be burning 3-4000 kcals/day vs. 2000 or so now.

26. okay i've said this often...
    why bother with capping? it's a little harder on your stomach when it's breaking down lots of caps...

just drink it

27. Quote Originally Posted by natty texan View Post
    okay i've said this often...
    why bother with capping? it's a little harder on your stomach when it's breaking down lots of caps...

just drink it
    'cuz it's hard to do that stuff when you're at work. Besides, I'm a wuss...no desire to suck down some nasty powder just for sport

28. All right, last workout before I go back to work!

Tri's & Shoulders

Seated Military Press
    75@12
    85@10
    95@6
    75@10
    Yeah, I know...I'm weak at this one. I felt good tho thru this, like I'm getting much stronger as time goes on.

Dips, bodyweight only
    12, 14, 11
    Getting much better at these. I'm pretty impressed, when I started back in the gym doing these 6 weeks ago I couldn't do any more than 4 or 5.

EZ Bar Skullcrushers (w/close-grip press burnout each set)
    55@12
    60@10
    65@7

Shoulder Flyes (front, side & back w/same weight)
    15@12
    17.5@12
    20@10

Shrugs w/machine, weight is ea. side
    45@20
    60@20
    70@20

Calves on standing machine
    180@20
    195@20x2

40 minutes cardio on elliptical, machine said 625 kcals expended.

Notes:
    Felt stronger, I have been improving my strength pretty much every workout unless I am underfed on the day. I am starting to feel like I could make big weight jumps and go for lower reps, but I'm resisting that urge so I don't rupture or tear anything. I think I'm going to have to take a careful approach to this stuff and focus on warming up/form more than anything since I depend on my body for my livelihood. Nothing wrong with building a brick wall one course at a time; you end up with a stronger wall in the end.

29. good job.

good luck at work.

30. Quote Originally Posted by natty texan View Post
    good job.

good luck at work.
    Thanks mang, it went fine. Gonna be tough to get used to working again; pretty much a given I'm gonna be waking up at 4:15-4:30 every morning now...but it means I get an early afternoon, off at 2:30!

Only got 4 hours sleep last night, gonna sleep easier tonight!

Similar Forum Threads

1. LIT-UP MUTHA SUKA
    By BIGRAND in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 02-21-2011, 12:57 PM
  2. Ready4War mutha!!!
    By Aeternitatis in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-24-2009, 08:00 AM
  3. Started E-Bol
    By FitModel in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-19-2007, 04:24 AM
  4. Ode to Snakes on a mutha****in plane, ya'll!
    By Jayhawkk in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-05-2006, 05:35 PM
  5. It started...
    By fedaykin in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-03-2006, 03:39 PM