LET'S GET THIS MUTHA STARTED!!!

Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Answers

well, it looks like I'm gonna be going back to work...

I doubt that I'm going to have too much trouble working out, but it's gonna have to take a back seat for a little bit while I get acclimated to working on a construction site again (waking up at 4:30 every morning and busting my a$$). Expect the log to be updated perhaps a little less than it has been, but it's by no means goodnight mr. chips.

Wish me luck, it's gonna be tough gimpin' around with a bum wheel for a while but I'm excited to be making money again!

Cheers and thanx for the support so far!

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  0 lbs.
    Answers

Glad you got the job man! good luck with it
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Random181 View Post
    Glad you got the job man! good luck with it
    Thanks! I'm def. excited, but man is it going to be tough getting used to waking up at 4:30 every morning again!

Better than being unemployed by more than a fair amount!
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Workout last night: Chest & Bi's

Low Cable Flyes
    10@12
    15@12
    10@10

High Cable Flyes
    15@12
    20@12
    20@10

DB Incline Bench
    35@12
    40@10
    45@8
    Coming along, I haven't done 45's in a while...think that I'm going to have to start a power cycle as I'm starting to feel like certain weights are too easy until I get to 6-8 reps, and then the endurance runs out.

Straight BB Curls
    60@12
    65@10
    70@10

Pinwheel Curls
    20@12
    20@12
    25@10
    Weak, weak and more weak. That's what I get for having monkey arms. Feeling like the high rep sets are starting to run their course, and aren't making the muscles grow much anymore but I might just be getting impatient.

EZ Bar Reverse Curls
    55@12
    60@10
    65@10
    Almost painful pump again, don't need to do much with the forearms...I've looked like popeye since I was a teenager. They do start to hurt when I do the reverse curls...like they're gonna explode.

Overall, it was a decent workout but had a hard time keeping focus. Lot of things going on right now and I'll be happier in a month or so when things are a bit more settled. As much as I love change routines help keep ya grounded or so I guess it goes.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Thought I'd do a little summary review of how I'm doing about 7 weeks into this whole deal:

Training is going how it's going, I'm still in noob gain territory for another couple months at least so I'm not going to say more than I think things are going along okay except I need to start pushing myself harder and maybe doing some lower rep sets soon to throw a wrench into my body's comfort level.

Supplementation is going okay, I do feel like I'm wasting money and will start going thru and probably start buying more bulk supps and doing my own capping. Certain supps are going to be more worth it later when my body is in a better rhythm and I would like to see if I can mimic some of them with bulk supps.

Nutrition is still a thorn in my side, mainly because I gotta get back to work. I've been sleeping in too much and my day isn't regimented enough; that's changing this week tho. It's not that I don't know what to eat, it's more that I don't have enough to do to keep me busy when I'm not at work and I sit in front of the 'puter too much. Just a hunch, but when I get back to work I'll bet my weight is gonna go down quick. I'm going to have to work hard to keep it on 'cause I'll be burning 3-4000 kcals/day vs. 2000 or so now.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  262 lbs.
    Answers

okay i've said this often...
    why bother with capping? it's a little harder on your stomach when it's breaking down lots of caps...

just drink it
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by natty texan View Post
    okay i've said this often...
    why bother with capping? it's a little harder on your stomach when it's breaking down lots of caps...

just drink it
    'cuz it's hard to do that stuff when you're at work. Besides, I'm a wuss...no desire to suck down some nasty powder just for sport
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Answers

All right, last workout before I go back to work!

Tri's & Shoulders

Seated Military Press
    75@12
    85@10
    95@6
    75@10
    Yeah, I know...I'm weak at this one. I felt good tho thru this, like I'm getting much stronger as time goes on.

Dips, bodyweight only
    12, 14, 11
    Getting much better at these. I'm pretty impressed, when I started back in the gym doing these 6 weeks ago I couldn't do any more than 4 or 5.

EZ Bar Skullcrushers (w/close-grip press burnout each set)
    55@12
    60@10
    65@7

Shoulder Flyes (front, side & back w/same weight)
    15@12
    17.5@12
    20@10

Shrugs w/machine, weight is ea. side
    45@20
    60@20
    70@20

Calves on standing machine
    180@20
    195@20x2

40 minutes cardio on elliptical, machine said 625 kcals expended.

Notes:
    Felt stronger, I have been improving my strength pretty much every workout unless I am underfed on the day. I am starting to feel like I could make big weight jumps and go for lower reps, but I'm resisting that urge so I don't rupture or tear anything. I think I'm going to have to take a careful approach to this stuff and focus on warming up/form more than anything since I depend on my body for my livelihood. Nothing wrong with building a brick wall one course at a time; you end up with a stronger wall in the end.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  262 lbs.
    Answers

good job.

good luck at work.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Answers

good job.

good luck at work.
    Thanks mang, it went fine. Gonna be tough to get used to working again; pretty much a given I'm gonna be waking up at 4:15-4:30 every morning now...but it means I get an early afternoon, off at 2:30!

Only got 4 hours sleep last night, gonna sleep easier tonight!
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  262 lbs.
    Answers

haha nighty night

didn't mack strong retire last year?
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Answers

so...wanted to elaborate on my supplement experience so far:

I usually don't have very good results with the money I put into supplementation, but I have to say that usp labs stuff isn't bullsh*t as skeptical as I've tried to be. Not every one of their products works for everyone and I understand that but my recovery has been very good...

As well as the pumps, they have been almost painful at times. I am sitting here flexing in my chair and can't really remember the last time my arms *felt* so full (probably when I was 18-19 and in college). Last night at the gym I was looking imposing even tho a lot of it's extra fat still. My vascularity has been better lately and my general mood has been much better.

So far I've been taking pretty much all of usp's stuff except prime which I've decided to order to see if it works like the other supps they offer. I haven't had all the same results they say I should, but that's common with herbal extracts. The most common effect I've had with all the supps they offer is more energy, even if it's not a claimed effect. I can't take Powerfull before bed because it keeps me up! Hell, even Supercissus (bulked, of course) gives me a good rush of energy.

Ratings so far of the supps:

Supercissus: A (I'm recovering from knee surgery and I'm feeling no pain from squats these days)

Anabolic Pump: B- (I tend to experience more "anabolic dump" symptoms these days and it's starting to cramp my style but I haven't given up on it I think some of it is diet related)

Recreate: A (this thermogenic is a good supp, and is formulated for people who don't tolerate stims well. Myself, I could use more stim sometimes because I adapt to substances too quickly)

Powerfull: A (I def. noticed an increased feeling of well-being on this supp as well as the beginning stages of alpha-male. I have been recovering really well lately with very little doms even when I throttle myself in the gym which I attribute mostly to this)

Jack3d: B+ (I do like this stuff, it's just a bit strange to pay more than $1 per serving on something that you have to add ingredients to in order to complete it. I understand usp's desire to pare down the ingredients to a more manageable level but I'm starting to feel like I'm running a pharmacy with all the different powders I add to drinks all the time. As far as the results, I get a great sense of focus with this stuff along with extra pumps due to dosing it with extra creatine)

I haven't tried my bulk pslin yet, but that's next along with the Prime I just ordered. I might drop ap for a little bit to get my gut in check but either way it has helped with the "muscle fullness" feeling that is for sure.

Other than these *high dollar* supps I have been taking:
    Cod Liver oil (morning only)
    Fish Oil (rest of the day)
    Multivitamin
    Whey Protein
    BCAAs (intra-wo)
    WMS (only when needed for insulin spike)
    ZMA/Glucosamine (at bedtime)
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  262 lbs.
    Answers

try taking some bcaa's at night when your body is repairing it's muscle...it'll give it something it doesn't have to break down to build with...
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Answers

I'll try that...thanks. I haven't done much work with taking supps at bedtime except zma/glucosamine.
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  169 lbs.
    Answers

subbed
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by buster0371 View Post
    subbed
    welcome on board, buster!
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Answers

well, 2 days back at work...I am worked; literally!

not used to waking up so early, and not used to going 100% focus all day long. I weighed myself this morning at 197, and then weighed myself after work...193. I am def. using up quite a few calories and can feel it in my body.

I was going to try to go to the gym today, but instead I'm going to go canoeing. Usually those workouts are about 2 hours, so I will get a good workout just not an anaerobic one. Will have to do that tomorrow, going to have to figure out how to schedule my workouts...but don't want to lose this week to being too much of a puss to lift after beating my body into submission all day.
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Answers

well, went canoeing...it was a brutal workout.

15 sets of 6 minutes on, 1 minute active recovery (still paddling, just not as hard)

It's fun to do, I might start relaxing a bit on my back and shoulder workouts for a bit to avoid overtraining. It was also one of those postcard days in Seattle, about 70 degrees, sunny and out on the water. Don't need to say much more than that.

I'm off to bed, hopefully I can sleep.
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  262 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by heywood View Post
    I'll try that...thanks. I haven't done much work with taking supps at bedtime except zma/glucosamine.
    i don't know if you still have or want to take glucosamine but i've seen a few studies recently that have showed all it's really doing is making your pee expensive....
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Well, it's been an interesting week...def. been getting worked by my new jobsite. Haven't really been able to get to the gym due to a complete lack of energy after work and not much time from getting home to sleeping (usually about 4 hours).

I thought the weight would start melting off when I went back to work due to moving around all day and I was right. I started the week around 195 and this morning weighed in at 189. I have lost a ton of weight and I can see it; I look thinner.

I guess I shouldn't be losing weight this fast, but I don't care: even if I'm losing a little muscle along with the weight I'm losing and that's what matters. Mainly it just means that I'm doing a heavy cut to start out my working schedule and will start building up more muscle once I acclimate to work.

Now it's time to go to the gym!
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Answers

All right...back in the gym!

Back (pr's are since I am back in the gym; not of all time, but close)

Low Cable Row (close grip)
    105@12
    125@12
    145@10
    165@10 pr
    I hurt my back at 140 last time I did this, so I am stoked...this felt pretty manageable and I didn't have to break form to get it.

Wide Grip Pulldowns
    100@12
    120@12
    130@10x2 pr

Wide Grip Lat Pushdowns
    40@12
    50@12
    60@10 pr
    Biggest weight so far, was really able to feel my lats burning at the end.

One Arm Rows
    60@12
    70@12
    80@9! pr (my all-time pr is 85, so that beyotch is going down soon)

BB Romanian Dead Lifts
    105@12
    125@12
    145@12
    165@12 pr (could have gone up probably to 185 or more but I'm still protecting my lower back)

Notes:
    Gym closed pretty much right at this point, I rushed to get a couple ab sets on the decline bench. Probably a good thing, as I felt like I would have kept going too long otherwise.

I have started on some new supplements; continuing my run on usplabs stuff I have begun dosing Prime, Refresh, DominATP, Pslin & SuperSap. I am taking Anabolic Pump much less as it is living up to its nickname of Anabolic Dump and I can't have that goin' on and trying to work all day @ the same time. Basically this means that I'm on every single one of their products...

Natty, I know you're gonna cringe about my whole usplabs fanboy thing right now but I really have no explanation for how I'm seeing such huge results in such a short time. I am eating better, taking good care of myself and I have noob gains in weights but...
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Answers

forgot: I also went for a bike ride for approx. 2 hours this early afternoon.
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  262 lbs.
    Answers

congrats on the p.r.'s!
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Answers

congrats on the p.r.'s!
    Thanks! I wasn't able to make it to the gym yesterday but I'm going this evening...gonna tear it up much as possible!
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  262 lbs.
    Answers

yeah i enjoyed my day back
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Answers

yeah i enjoyed my day back
    good to hear you're back on the saddle again...
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Workout tonight,

Legs

Bosu Squats
    60x3 fast cadence, focusing on rhythm

Walking Lunges
    1 set w/20lb DB's
    2 sets twisting with medicine ball

Leg Press (weight is ea. side) presses & calves ea. set
    35@15,(30)
    50@15,(20)
    60@12,(20)
    75@12,(15)
    weight was pretty easy, but knee has been sore from working all day. gonna have to be careful for a while with this since starting work.

Cable side raises (working obliques)
    50@20
    57.5@20
    65@15

Decline Bench Crunches
    3 sets to failure

Notes:
    This was a somewhat uninspired workout. I started out on the squat rack but my knee was having none of it. I can't push myself too hard with it now due to going back to work. I compromised with a high-paced bosu & lunge phys. therapy type workout to start out. I added the presses after warming up to try to fatigue my legs if possible. It sorta worked...

I really wanted to abandon the leg workout in the middle, but I already had back in the books for the week and my anterior shoulders (esp. the left) were very sore from working with my hands over my head all day long (hallway lighting wiring is my crew). I gotta be real ginger with the situation because it doesn't feel like the anterior delt is sore but more like the rotator cuff muscles. The pain is deeper than delt level. I might do a rubber band shoulder workout tomorrow evening or before my canoe workout to try to relax those muscles.

I know I'm being super wordy but I want to be able to come back and access this info to see where I'm at. I don't log my workout at the gym because I hate carrying a journal with me and I type way faster than I handwrite.
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Answers

just as clarification, this doesn't mean that I'm frustrated. It's better than being unemployed and unable to get around without crutches any frickin' day. I just have to be careful for another few weeks while the bod gets used to working+working out. I looked at my shoulders today and I'm getting spider veins below the surface fat, so obviously there's growth going on there and I'm not sure my shoulders have ever been so big. I know I'm putting up better bench/tricep weight than ever (besides when I was 19 and working out all the time in college).

Gonna try to get at least some pics up by the end of this weekend, gotta warn anyone not to be drinking anything if you look at them; it might just go right up your nose
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  169 lbs.
    Answers

i dont understand spider veins, can you explain for me?
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Answers

mainly just talking about seeing veins below the surface of the skin...never used to get that in my shoulders.
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  169 lbs.
    Answers

like big blue veins? or the tiny little red ones?
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Answers

blue
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  262 lbs.
    Answers

guess i have spider veins...

when i flex you can see my blue veins all over my stomach stretching into my chest and through my arms...
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  169 lbs.
    Answers

hmmm. i only have spider veins in my feet. im not very vascular, a little in my forearms
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Answers

yeah, I don't know...it's going to be tough to get my workouts in on a regular basis for a while. Yesterday did the canoe workout, 10x6min pieces at race pace, but the workout gets over ea. time around 8pm or so. If they start going longer than that I might have to find something else to do; kinda hard to get to bed for my 4:30 wake-up.

I am still feeling my leg workout from Monday; guess I pushed harder than I thought even though I felt like I left a lot on the table. Since starting work my shoulders have been pretty perpetually either sore or just tired...I think I'm still going to go to the gym tonight to try to get a chest/bi's workout; I just have to get amped up for it or I might just waste an hour with little result. I haven't gotten much sleep on weekdays; hard to get to bed early enough and after work today I crashed for a solid hour-forty-five nap which seems to help...it's always nice when less than 2 hours feels like a solid 3 or 4.

I'll report back on the workout, hopefully it goes well.
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Answers

chest/bi's for tonight, a short workout:

Low Cable Flyes
    10@12
    15@12
    20@10

High Cable Flyes
    20@12
    25@12
    30@10

DB Incline Press
    40@12
    45@10
    50@9 PR
    35@5 burnout

BB Flat Bar Curls
    60@12
    65@12
    70@10

EZ Bar Reverse Curls
    65@12
    70@8
    70@8

Notes:
    I am just happy I was able to rally and go to the gym today. I haven't been getting enough rest, but it felt really good to get a workout. I was surprised that I was able to get a pr on incline db press, my shoulder was kinda stiff at the beginning of the flyes. I am starting to think that I don't have a shoulder injury, just that I'm sore from working overhead all day. The shoulder wasn't weak during the presses, I believe that it was my tricep that failed at the very end because I was doing the presses pretty close-grip to keep from getting the shoulders angry.

Looking forward to Friday's workout, even though I'm working 10's and on Saturday this week.

P.S. today I heard one of the foremen talking about how he takes GH...thought it was funny, he seems like the kind of guy who would screw up and inject too much and grow his intestines instead of the muscles he wants to. Why do you think Ronnie C. has such a big gut...
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Answers

well, trying to make it in the gym tomorrow...I'm sick right now for the 3rd time in the past 6 months. had to call in sick today...could use a good gym workout but don't wanna work out sick; almost never helps me get better. has def. been one of the tougher couple weeks to deal with in a long time.
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  262 lbs.
    Answers

hope you get better man.
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Answers

thx...I'll be fine. I'm just sick of not being 100%, blah blah whine whine...haha

I was in a bad mood 'cuz I hate calling in sick to work. I think all told in my 16 year work career I've called in sick less than 5 or 6 times (not including hospital stays for injury).
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Answers

guess it's time for me to:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAPXGuRIXsA&feature=re c-HM-r2"]YouTube - Get Some Nuts! - Snickers Advert[/ame]
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. LIT-UP MUTHA SUKA
    By BIGRAND in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 02-21-2011, 10:57 AM
  2. Ready4War mutha!!!
    By Aeternitatis in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-24-2009, 06:00 AM
  3. Started E-Bol
    By FitModel in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-19-2007, 02:24 AM
  4. Ode to Snakes on a mutha****in plane, ya'll!
    By Jayhawkk in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-05-2006, 03:35 PM
  5. It started...
    By fedaykin in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-03-2006, 01:39 PM