RxP 5x5 and a little Sheiko to boot...

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. It's Sheiko 31 time....

last night was my first Sheiko 31 workout... Phuck!!!!!

Bench [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected]
    Squat [email protected] [email protected] 2,4,6,8,7,5,[email protected]
    Bench [email protected] [email protected] [email protected]
    DB flies [email protected]
    GMs [email protected]/235/285/235/185

there was supposed to be a second squat series after the flies, but that pyramid at 405 killed me, i couldnt do one extra squat (and i tried). I also had a crappy spotter for my last bench set at 305, he didnt let me struggle the last rep and pulled the bar out of my hands. But I was nonetheless pleasantly surprised at my bench performance....

I also toned down the GMs, my lower back was really acting up, again thanks to that 405 squat pyramid.

2. DL to knees [email protected] [email protected] [email protected]
    Bench [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected]
    DB flies [email protected]/30/35/40/45
    Deficit DL [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected]
    Weighted Situps [email protected]/35/45

one heck of a bench pyramid today, but I was able to complete it. for the second DL series i wore my straps, mainly because I was on a rack and the metal on metal banging would cause major vibration pain. the lst set was sequesnce was supposed to be [email protected], but i was only able to do two sets of 1 rep.
    •   

3. Squat [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected]
    Bench [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected]
    Dip [email protected]/30/60/90/90
    Squat [email protected] [email protected] [email protected]

skipped French press and seated GMs, my back was starting to hurt and the dips were more than enough tri work....

tried something different today, wore a squat suit for the first time for the second squat series. i really wanted to try the second series, but my legs had very little left, so i donned a squat suit and worked the series with the straps off. it actually felt really good on the hips and thighs- I still couldn't do the whole series, did [email protected] instead of 4x4.

My recovery is worth noting: i have done sheiko before so I had an idea what to expect, both in and out of the gym. My recovery this time around is almost shocking to me, very little muscle soreness, i can actually handle flights of stairs with little discomfort.... I attribute this to a combination of HMB and OKG, which i have never dosed before. I am taking 6-8grams of HMB a day, with 3grams PWO, and dosing 8caps of Universal's OKG pwo only. I really think it has made a difference....

4. hmb? okg?
    SFW and GFH

5. yep, its the only new thing I have added to my line-up, and the recovery effect has been dramatic.
    •   

6. Bench [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected]
    Squat [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected]
    Leg press [email protected]/10/12/13/14 (# of 45 plates)
    GM [email protected]/235/285/305/305

good workout, i wish there was a way it wouldn't take 3hrs to complete....

7. Quote Originally Posted by rxp1997 View Post
    Bench [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected]
    Squat [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected]
    Leg press [email protected]/10/12/13/14 (# of 45 plates)
    GM [email protected]/235/285/305/305

good workout, i wish there was a way it wouldn't take 3hrs to complete....
    I know the feeling man... the only problem with sheiko is the length and then sooner or later you get tired of doing the same lifts over and over again.
    SFW and GFH

8. my next run I plan on changing a few things. on the days I lift twice I want to modify the 2nd series, like on bench do board work or floor press, and on squat do box squats. I also want to scrap db flies all together and replace them with facepulls, db snatches and halbert rolls; and maybe replace dips with a more bench-specific triceps movement, and add heavy shrugs on DL day.

9. Quote Originally Posted by rxp1997 View Post
    my next run I plan on changing a few things. on the days I lift twice I want to modify the 2nd series, like on bench do board work or floor press, and on squat do box squats. I also want to scrap db flies all together and replace them with facepulls, db snatches and halbert rolls; and maybe replace dips with a more bench-specific triceps movement, and add heavy shrugs on DL day.
    ahhh my sheiko routines (the psu modified ones) include board presses and shirted work but yours looks to be an interesting run.
    SFW and GFH

10. Deficit DL [email protected] [email protected] [email protected]
    Bench press [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected]
    DB flies [email protected]/35/40/45/45
    DL [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected]
    Weighted Abs [email protected]/50/55/55

my DL is feeling really sucky, I dont feel like its getting better. the second dl round was supposed to be a 2x4 sequence, but the pain on my palms limited me to a 1x4. on the plus side, my bench is really rocking, my confidence at handling weights over 315 is becoming really solid.

11. Squat
    • [email protected]
    • [email protected]
    • [email protected]
    • [email protected]
    • 2x2@495 1x1@495

Incline Bench
    • 4x6@185/205/225/235/245/225

Squat
    • 5x1@295

• 5x1@355

• 5x4@375

SkullKrushers
    • 10x5@85/95/105/115/115

Back raises
    • 10x4@10/15/bw/bw

Used the squat suit again for the second squat series, straps down. the back pumps were pretty intense by the time I was done, it was hard to even complete the back raises at bodyweight.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. The boot camp question.
    By Rugger in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 12-02-2012, 05:12 PM
  2. Sheiko 37
    By Claymore in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-05-2009, 04:14 PM
  3. sheiko for mass
    By allstar504448 in forum Bulking