Bolt's Overdue Training Log

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have been saying i was going to do a log for awhile and finally got down to actually set it up now that I am back from break..

Current Stats
-Height:5'8"
Weight: Currently 176-177lbs(measured today March 16)

Background Info:
- Anyone who has followed my logs before knows some basic background on me I believe. With that said a quick summary is I have been training officially since about freshman year of high school, while being active in sports even before that. I have do not have very good "genetics" I guess you could say as I was a slightly chubby kid despite constant activities during my youth. I have since honed my training skills quite a bit and eat healthy pretty much all the time with out even having to try. I have improved myself quite a bit but have been training seriously for quite some time(relative to my age) and have to fight pretty hard while keeping diet balanced to get any results.

Current Training:
-Just started a program based off the ideas of FST-7 training. I have adapted it based on how i know my body and what works for me while basically testing the 7 final sets prescribed in the program(you can check the fst-7 website for more info)
Monday:Back, Quads, and Traps
Tuesday:Off or Cardio
Wednesday:Chest and Biceps
Thursday:Off or Cardio
Friday:Legs(primarily hamstrings)
Saturday:Triceps, Shoulders, and Light Chest
Sunday:Off
-Calves thrown in twice a week depending on time in the gym and if I need to get out quickly. Abs preferably three times a week. Cardio either on off days or after lifts depending on how I am recovering or feeling after a lift.

Current Diet:

-Like I mentioned above I eat healthy pretty much all the time and its pretty easy because I don't even really think about it. I don't always measure all my food because I have been eating the same things for quite some time and can eye ball amounts easily, but I still measure things occasionally to make sure I am still getting the same amounts all the time.
-Currently at school so diet consists mainly of:
-Chicken, Turkey, Protein Powders, Milk, Oats, Multigrain bread,Cheerios, Honey Bunches of Oats, Raisins, Blueberries, Nature Valley Granola Bars, Almonds, Peanut Butter, and lots of broccoli.
-When I haven't spent money on random things during the week or need a change up I grab pork, salmon, lean ground beef, Apples, Bananas, Grapefruit, or some random vegetables that look good when I am out.
Currently Eating about 3500 calories(~400-450g CHO, ~250-275g PRO, and ~75-85g Fat, all just depends on day and activity level)
Therefore this is mostly a bulk/recomp at the moment until May..

Supplementation
-Poseidon 2-3 times a day everyday.
-Anabolic Pump before meals 1, 3, 5 every day.
-Primordial Performance Beta Alanine 3.2 grams a day split into two doses everyday.
-AEN Presurge 3 caps upon waking and 6-7 caps 20-30 minutes pre-workout on training days.
-1 scoop Intrabolic During Training+15grams carbs from Gatorade powder(just added this week may increase amount) on training days.
-1.5 Scoops Relentless Post-workout.

Also using various RPN products(don't consider all of them supplements really) like various soaps and NOxidant. As well as Fish oil.

Plan on staying with these(dropping the Presurge to cycle off creatine in a couple of weeks) until summer time. Will then switch into a more of a cutting mode and will probably only add in DCP + Forskolin(maybe Drive idk yet)

Or until a nice logging oppurtunity presents itself as I haven't logged anything for a company in awhile..but I am still waiting for something interesting enough to be worth it.

Reasons for Log
-I have been meaning to start a log again since Winter Break ended but I got lazy(not in training or diet just in posting online) and wasn't totally motivated online. Other than posting to answer questions while I was a rep for Nimbus or answering PMs based on Nimbus questions(which while I am not a rep anymore you can still PM if you have any questions regarding their products and i will gladly answer what i can) I was kind of just lurking online reading. I then took two months off all supplementation besides Poseidon, Xtend while lifting, and EFAs, and reintroduced the things I am using now around the end of February. I saw great results off and then adding things back in and am currently ready to keep on going at the same current pace. I plan on keeping things simple and training hard! After some bad events this weekend(someone broke into my apartment over spring break :( ) I am looking forward to channeling some aggression and getting some good feedback and support from people on here!

Thanks to anyone who follows and I would love any input on whatever you would like to say :thumbsup:​

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have some pics and possibly a couple videos I will post right here to give an idea of current build and everything..i will wait til more people have noticed the log though because i don't plan on leaving them up forever.

These are probably my most recent pics taken sometime last week. This is just to give a basic idea of where i am at. These are taken several hours post workout so for the most part the pump is gone but you still can't really see how good my vascularity is due to the quality of the pics...the relaxed back pose is kind of random but the flexed ones didn't turn out too well...

and check out a couple posts down i put a couple videos up..

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
March 16

First real week of FST-7(I played around with low volume last week and the week before as a deloading period)

Back, Quads, Traps
-Front Squats 3 sets of 6 reps
-Rack Chins 3 sets of 6-8 reps with a 45 on my lap, got a great contraction and slow eccentric.
-Hack Squat 3 sets of 12, kept the weight light but went as far down as the machine could go(accidently hit and kinda bounced on some the first set while getting an idea of how low it could go)
-Leg Extensions FST-7 Style, 7 sets of 8-12 reps with 30 seconds rest in between, followed by some stretching and flexing of quads...this was insane and my legs are already sore..
-Seated Hammer Row(one arm at a time) 3 sets of 8-12 reps, full extension and held for a second at top of motion.
-Smith Shrugs just 2 sets of 8 reps(didn't do traps last week so this is just to ease back into them)
-Hammer Grip Pullups 2 sets of 10, held for 1 second at bottom and top of motion.
-Seated Cable Row FST-7 Style, 7 sets of 8-12 reps with 30-45 seconds in between followed by extreme lat and back stretch. Awesome pump on this and I love back pumps!

Felt like doing some abs and cardio so I did some various core work then 5 40 yard dashes. My calves ended up getting a pump from the sprints..

Currently my recovery has been great and the pumps I have been getting on Presurge are intense and I am vascular all over even in places I have hardly seen veins on before(my calves are pretty veiny which is suprising recently). With that said I will be trying to catch extra sleep and maybe upping calories even more based on the demands of this new split.

Pretty much all for today, eating has still been on schedule, dealt with my insurance, and then took a nap afterwards...

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Looooong overdue dude..
Whoa, check it out, I'm first in! :D
Let's train!

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looooong overdue dude..
Whoa, check it out, I'm first in! :D
Let's train!
Yes it was a lot longer than i wanted it to be...but o well i am back and ready to get this started! I should have the pics up soon...

ps my back is sore and my legs are torched...and i am hungry atm so i am making a nice portion of salmon to eat along with w/e else randomly comes to mind..

To0l8er

To0l8er

Awards
Hey big guy! sorry, i havent been updating mine! haha but hey this is great stuff man! you better hurry back up here so we can get that routine started before we head off to the beach man! I started my new routine yesterday and im EXTRA sore right now! the only bad thing is it took SOOO long! i need to speed it up a lil but you know i got that lil problem when im HELPING someone if you know what i mean! guess who i saw there yesterday! keep up the good work man! and im real mad about the veins! ima get em here soon, i got questions about the ish you be taking, ill ask em later!

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey big guy! sorry, i havent been updating mine! haha but hey this is great stuff man! you better hurry back up here so we can get that routine started before we head off to the beach man! I started my new routine yesterday and im EXTRA sore right now! the only bad thing is it took SOOO long! i need to speed it up a lil but you know i got that lil problem when im HELPING someone if you know what i mean! guess who i saw there yesterday! keep up the good work man! and im real mad about the veins! ima get em here soon, i got questions about the ish you be taking, ill ask em later!
1)never call me big guy
2)I am mad u used an exclamation mark on every sentence
3)I have no idea who you saw at golds :lol:

o ya i only got like 8 weeks at max left of school so i will be back eventually

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I caught this in Snag's log. Best of luck.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
My legs are fine but if anyone doubts i can put up some pics or something..
[/QUOTE]

I call.. :bsflag:

:lol: Ahahaaa..j/k bro, you're looking great Bolt! Nice work!

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My legs are fine but if anyone doubts i can put up some pics or something..

I call.. :bsflag:

:lol: Ahahaaa..j/k bro, you're looking great Bolt! Nice work!
any input on areas i might need to focus on?

i got some leg pics hidden somewhere :cool:

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
any input on areas i might need to focus on?
Just keep doing what you're doing bro, focus on the overall package.
While you have better areas than others (just about everybody does!), you're not imbalanced by any means. The biceps peak on that rear double-bi shot is impressive; the width on lats could be brought out a bit, and the chest needs a bit more development. But dude, seriously, you're looking great, and I don't know that I would focus on any one part right now. Just keep training like a madman!! ;)

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just keep doing what you're doing bro, focus on the overall package.
While you have better areas than others (just about everybody does!), you're not imbalanced by any means. The biceps peak on that rear double-bi shot is impressive; the width on lats could be brought out a bit, and the chest needs a bit more development. But dude, seriously, you're looking great, and I don't know that I would focus on any one part right now. Just keep training like a madman!! ;)
Great thats just what i wanted to hear! I keep getting close to wanting to focus on one thing but i think i can still keep hammering at everything extra hard so thats good to hear. Chest is probably what i have improved the most on the past year...its always a pain getting it to grow at all for me

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Chest is probably what i have improved the most on the past year...its always a pain getting it to grow at all for me
I hear ya man..chest is easiest developed on me, but the legs are my problematic area, and I think I could do better on back thickness too.
We all have our weaknesses! :sigh:

To0l8er

To0l8er

Awards
hahaha you will be alright! haha hey man, doing a good job so far definately have improved since high school man! haha the good 'ol days! haha well im starting over on my log now, im gonna start up on mine right after i finish commenting on this! and DONT WORRY ABOUT WHY i put an exclamation point after everything i say! but ya man! oh and remember the brotha man that i talk to in the gym? he is trying to get a work out in together one day no homo! haha you better hurry home!

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
hahaha you will be alright! haha hey man, doing a good job so far definately have improved since high school man! haha the good 'ol days! haha well im starting over on my log now, im gonna start up on mine right after i finish commenting on this! and DONT WORRY ABOUT WHY i put an exclamation point after everything i say! but ya man! oh and remember the brotha man that i talk to in the gym? he is trying to get a work out in together one day no homo! haha you better hurry home!
No homo haha....you sound extra excited online all the time..

Well i am finally home and able to update on today's workout..this was the busiest day i have had in forever between class in the morning, lifting, going shopping to stock up on food from costco, replacing some electronics, going to my schools football pro day, and out with some ppl...and i still gotta study for a midterm on friday :sigh:

Chest/Biceps

-DB Bench Press 3 sets of 8-12
-BB Curls 3 sets of 8-12
-Incline DB Flies 3 sets of 8-12..hadn't done these in forever and kept them light but they felt pretty good
-Incline Hammer curl 3 sets of 8-12
-Hammer Chest Press 3 sets of 8-12
-Preacher curl machine FST-7 style...those seven sets had me demolished...took 30 seconds rest between each set
-Cable Cross Over FST-7 style...pump was ridiculous, and i hadn't done CCO in forever but they turned out great

Ran 4 40 yard dashes...quads felt tight after mondays lift so i stopped at that but i should be fine just need to get back into the feel of things running..

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great thats just what i wanted to hear! I keep getting close to wanting to focus on one thing but i think i can still keep hammering at everything extra hard so thats good to hear. Chest is probably what i have improved the most on the past year...its always a pain getting it to grow at all for me
I can half relate to that. The upper portion of my chest seems to be an easily developed area, however, my lower/outer pecs, are lagging and extremely slow to respond.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
and DONT WORRY ABOUT WHY i put an exclamation point after everything i say!
Dude! You are a very excitable individual! You must have Hyperactive Disorder! Or else you do a ton of amphetamines! :crackhead:
:lol: Sorry, couldn't resist! :D

Gotta go! :run:

To0l8er

To0l8er

Awards
Dude! You are a very excitable individual! You must have Hyperactive Disorder! Or else you do a ton of amphetamines! :crackhead:

hahaha i cant help it man! aint no drugs or disorder though, just a loud person and i guess i show it on here as well! :laugh:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
hahaha i cant help it man! aint no drugs or disorder though, just a loud person and i guess i show it on here as well! :laugh:
That Hulk avi suits all the yelling then.

Trapstar

Trapstar

Awards
Your looking pretty thick bolt, hows the fst 7 working out for ya?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

HA ya tool is rather loud and gets excited all the time....sometimes i don't even know what he is talking about :sigh:

I see you used an emoticon....good job you are leaning :lol:

Your looking pretty thick bolt, hows the fst 7 working out for ya?
Thanks man! Well this is only my first full week of it(i did a kind of trial run the week before on low volume..). I really like it though its giving me a different type of sore in my muscles so far which is great!

March 20

First off the past couple days have been rough...i had a Chem Lab midterm this morning and had been studying a ton for it(i SUCK at chem it seems like the only thing i struggle at learning)..and it did not go well this morning :rant: i struggled on the first page but did a good job on the rest of it...o well i still got into the gym and was ready to crush it!

Hamstring and Calves
-Leg Curl 3 sets of 6-10, middle set i did a little too much weight and didn't control it as much as i wanted but i still hit it 6 times
-BB SLDL 3 sets 12 reps, had been doing DB for a while so this was a nice change of pace and i really felt it
-1-Leg Leg Curl 2 sets 12 reps, got a nice contraction on these
-Seated Calf Raise FST-7 style, WOW...i hate the calf pumps with this 30 second rest periods...but i love em at the same time :D
-Seated Leg Curl FST-7 style, help these at the bottom for a second on each rep and got 12 for the first 5 sets and 10 on the last two...my legs were shot and i was walking funny..

On another note having Chem Labs on fridays changes my diet slightly and i take another shake right before my chem lab and then head straight to the gym afterwards..​

To0l8er

To0l8er

Awards
HA ya tool is rather loud and gets excited all the time....sometimes i don't even know what he is talking about :sigh:

I see you used an emoticon....good job you are leaning :lol:

Thanks man! Well this is only my first full week of it(i did a kind of trial run the week before on low volume..). I really like it though its giving me a different type of sore in my muscles so far which is great!

March 20

First off the past couple days have been rough...i had a Chem Lab midterm this morning and had been studying a ton for it(i SUCK at chem it seems like the only thing i struggle at learning)..and it did not go well this morning :rant: i struggled on the first page but did a good job on the rest of it...o well i still got into the gym and was ready to crush it!

Hamstring and Calves
-Leg Curl 3 sets of 6-10, middle set i did a little too much weight and didn't control it as much as i wanted but i still hit it 6 times
-BB SLDL 3 sets 12 reps, had been doing DB for a while so this was a nice change of pace and i really felt it
-1-Leg Leg Curl 2 sets 12 reps, got a nice contraction on these
-Seated Calf Raise FST-7 style, WOW...i hate the calf pumps with this 30 second rest periods...but i love em at the same time :D
-Seated Leg Curl FST-7 style, help these at the bottom for a second on each rep and got 12 for the first 5 sets and 10 on the last two...my legs were shot and i was walking funny..

On another note having Chem Labs on fridays changes my diet slightly and i take another shake right before my chem lab and then head straight to the gym afterwards..​
good stuff man! oh and ya im getting the hang of it now, ive been keeping updated with my lil log myself so im really enjoying it, its good winding down kind of thing. i mean im around computers all day and come home go to the gym then back on here haha its like i cant do anything else or get away from it! :rant: but its all good man! haha i was calling you to talk to you about the FST-7 wow i feel like an idiot now! :ugh1:

Trapstar

Trapstar

Awards
I was wondering what is this "different" type of sorness you speak of :)

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was wondering what is this "different" type of sorness you speak of :)
Um i will try and explain but i dont exactly know how to put it. If you have ever trained real heavy vs more of a hypertrophy split this isn't like a heavy lift DOMS feeling of a real deep muscle soreness. I usually lift around 9 in the morning and i am sore by the end of the day and it currently feels like all around the muscle is equally sore as opposed to just the center that i get from time to time.

good stuff man! oh and ya im getting the hang of it now, ive been keeping updated with my lil log myself so im really enjoying it, its good winding down kind of thing. i mean im around computers all day and come home go to the gym then back on here haha its like i cant do anything else or get away from it! :rant: but its all good man! haha i was calling you to talk to you about the FST-7 wow i feel like an idiot now! :ugh1:
I am mad you said you would call me back then didn't, then said you wanted to play xbox live then never got on....and ps i need COD back cuz only having RE sucks haha

o and PPS put the link to your log in your sig and more ppl will probably check it out.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Trapstar

Trapstar

Awards
lol its cool man, cant really describe a sorness.. you gotta just experience it for yourself!

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
lol its cool man, cant really describe a sorness.. you gotta just experience it for yourself!
Indeed. I tried to explain how I feel to someone after one of my sprint days in the pool, but nothing I said really described or sufficed justification.

To0l8er

To0l8er

Awards
Um i will try and explain but i dont exactly know how to put it. If you have ever trained real heavy vs more of a hypertrophy split this isn't like a heavy lift DOMS feeling of a real deep muscle soreness. I usually lift around 9 in the morning and i am sore by the end of the day and it currently feels like all around the muscle is equally sore as opposed to just the center that i get from time to time.

I am mad you said you would call me back then didn't, then said you wanted to play xbox live then never got on....and ps i need COD back cuz only having RE sucks haha

o and PPS put the link to your log in your sig and more ppl will probably check it out.

in my sig? whats that? sorry for the ignorance!

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
in my sig? whats that? sorry for the ignorance!
Its the underneath your post ish...yours currently says stay true...you can edit it under user cp(i believe)

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well first off sorry i didn't really update over the weekend but it was rather hectic...i had a friend over from the other coast i hadn't seen in at least a year so that threw my friday night for a loop. One of my roommates had people over the weekend as well and they were loud and disrespectful even after i told them to chill in the middle of the night because i was tired of hearing their nonsense...but o well i still got some good lifting done despite being tired on saturday morning :sigh:

March 21 Triceps and Shoulders

-Close Grip Bench 3 sets of 8-12
-Shoulder press 3 sets 8-12
-DB overhead tri extensions 3 sets of 8-12, eh idk if i will do these again next week, i wanted to do some dips but my shoulder wasn't gonna cooperate for some reason and these didn't feel great so i may swap em for Decline Skull Crushers next week..
-DB Laterals 3 sets 10-12, slight hold at top
-Rope Triceps Extension FST-7 Style, wow tris were swole at the end of this, and despite lack of sleep i did much better on these than expected
-Cable Lateral Raises FST-7 Style, these were tough, kept weight light to keep from going but doing these were brutal on my shoulders(in a good way)

March 23 Back Traps Rear Delt and Calves

-Quick note i was training with one of my gym partners at school so i decided to forgo the Quads part of this lift bc i didn't think he could handle back and quads in one workout(he has only been training with me for several weeks and hasn't really done anything like my workouts before more of a casual lifter) so i added some smaller muscle groups instead, and i made some exercise switches do to this as well...but i still made him hate me after all the back work ha
-Neutral Grip pull ups 3 sets to failure
-DB Shrugs 2 sets 8-12
-Single Arm DB Row 8-12
-Lat Pull Down 8-12
-Standing Calf Raise 3 sets 12-15, building up the volume to hit calfs twice a week so it was kinda low this week so far
-Smith Shrugs 3 sets 8-12, building up to FST-7 on these for traps
-Hammer Row 3 sets 8-12
-Rear Delt Flies 2 sets 8-12, first time hitting these on back workout so low volume just to get a feel then bump up next week
-Seated Row FST-7 Style, ha workout partner pretty much hated me after these and my back was pumped up nicely
-Ran 5 40 yd dashes and stretched to conclude
-All in all probably good idea to not do quads on this day so i can have traps and rear delts in here with out being real high in volume and forever(workout still only took 1hr 15min total)...

Side note weight down ~1-2lbs since this day last week which may be due to either water loss or fat loss bc spring break i ate a little more loose and more diverse food but back on what i always eat i seemed to lose a pound or two..i do look leaner in the shoulder insertion area as well this week so it may very well be fat loss...either way i am adding 200 cals to the diet as i still am looking to add weight slowly right now..

ps i plan on writing some reviews/thoughts about the supplements i am taking to give an indication of what i like and why right now...so if you want you can suggest what you want to hear and opinion on and if not i will just start posting some up occasionally!

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
One of my roommates had people over the weekend as well and they were loud and disrespectful even after i told them to chill in the middle of the night because i was tired of hearing their nonsense...but o well i still got some good lifting done despite being tired on saturday morning :sigh:
:lol: Ahhh, the college life. Gotsta love it! :18:
..i will just start posting some up occasionally!
So do eeeeeet! ;)

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
:lol: Ahhh, the college life. Gotsta love it! :18:

So do eeeeeet! ;)

To the first part it gets annoying. Its this one guy who won't be living with my other two roommates and i next year and hes very disrespectful. I have ppl over plenty of times but they are respectful and know when it is time to be quiet and I HATE WHEN HIM AND HIS FRIENDS EAT MY FOOD WITHOUT ASKING...but i dont wanna get into all the reasons why they make me mad :rant:

on the second part i will once i finish some more of this studying tonite

PS while this post has ranting in it i will add some more...one of my roommates continually comes to my room seeking idk i guess reassurance all the time like i gotta approve of EVERYTHING he does...and he just came in a lil while ago while i was studying and started reading the ESPN mag to me...i was like dude im studying and then he sat there for 15 more minutes in my room just reading...it was so awkward and i swear i don't understand people at all :confused:

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Ok so its about time for another update...i meant to hit up some commentary on a couple things but i got side tracked with more Chem studying :( so i did not get to it yet...

March 25 Chest and Biceps

-First off this was done with very short breaks as i was late coming from my Chem exam and my workout partner had to be to another class by a certain time...so we blew through this!
-Flat DB Press 3 sets 12, 6, 11 reps, this is actually done on a very very slight angle bc that feels better on my shoulder and i get a better stretch and contraction...i hit 85s on the 6 reps which i hadn't even intended going for and that wasn't even to failure so that felt great!
-Biceps Curl with Bar 3 sets 8-12
-Incline Chest Flies 3 sets 8-12, surprisingly went up in weight and still did well...hardly do these bc they used to bother my shoulder but the feel fine currently
-Incline Hammer Curl 3 sets 8-12
-Hammer Press 3 sets 8-12, held contraction at top, by here i was already crazy pumped..
-Machine Preacher Curl FST-7 style...ouch haha
-Cable Cross Over FST-7 style, increased strength on these(not that thats what i am shooting for) and i got pumped up better on these than last week(could be bc i was already really pumped)..
-Training partner left and i contemplated ending right there but i was decided to go run 6 40yd sprints...was a good decision i enjoyed it :)

-Side note i went with 30grams carbs during my workout today with Intrabolic and that seemed to help so i may stick with it...it did irritate my stomach some so i will see if that was just a coincidence or what.
-Another side note i was trying to take a nap after i went to costco and had my post workout meal...but my roommate tried to force my door open even though it was locked(i always lock it when i nap and i have told him this bc if its locked that means don't bother me) so that angered me...and its FREEZING in this house...idk whose idea it was to turn the heat down again :rant:
-Really looking forward to summer and i am sick of studying/missing having good friends real close...o well i am almost done!

A note on diet i was also 1 lb less today than earlier in the week so i may add even more food...i am hungry a little more often right now so i think my metabolism is increasing..also cooked up some nice salmon patties today and looking forward to devouring them soon...eating all this food is really increasing my costco trips/money

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
One of the gals at my GNC had her Organic Chem exams today..gave her some Recreate yesterday so she could burn the midnight coals studying, she was up till 4am.. :laugh:

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
One of the gals at my GNC had her Organic Chem exams today..gave her some Recreate yesterday so she could burn the midnight coals studying, she was up till 4am.. :laugh:
I hate chemistry...honestly it gives me a stomach ache and a headache studying it because i get so worked up about the exams...im not a good test taker, o and my calculator died in the middle of my exam :mad:

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I hate chemistry...honestly it gives me a stomach ache and a headache studying it because i get so worked up about the exams...im not a good test taker, o and my calculator died in the middle of my exam :mad:
Chem is the best class, ever! I learned my lesson a long time ago; always carry two calculaors! ;)

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Chem is the best class, ever! I learned my lesson a long time ago; always carry two calculaors! ;)
Yaaa i shall do that from now on...we were supposed to buy these blue calculators for the class or something but i really don't like them and now mine broke..o well good thing it was cheap guess its back to using a TI-83..(and i am gonna ignore the part about chem being the best class ever..)

O and today im studying biomechanics for another exam tomorrow! Yay! :18:

PS: My chest is sore already...o and my back was demolished by monday night...this soreness is hitting me quick lately...but i still seem to be recovering within 48hours

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Some updates and discussion again finally..

March 27 LEGS

-Ha this workout was killer...i struggled to walk and was lucky my lifting partner could give me a lift home..i would have never made it..
-Leg Curl 3 sets 6-10, started with this bc squat racks and leg presses were all being used :sad:
-Leg Extension 3 sets 12-15
-Leg Press 3 sets 10-15
-SLDL w/DBs 3 sets 12 reps
-Seated Calf FST-7 style...aw lawd these were crazy...i began to doubt my decision to do quads and hams next :lol:
-Seated Leg Curl FST-7...the machine at school isn't as good as my home gym, but they still got me pumped and real tight..
-Seated Leg Extension FST-7...game over after this my entire legs were done...had to stretch it out for like 5-10 minutes before even attempting to slowly go down the stairs to head back to the locker room..

March 28 Tris and Shoulders
-CGBP 3 sets of 8-12, was weaker on this than i expected and that was a let down
-Shoulder Press 3 sets of 8-12
-Skull Crushers 3 sets of 8-12
-Lateral Raises 3 sets 12 reps, stronger this week and felt a better burn at the top
-Seated Hammer Dips 2 sets of 8-12
-Cable Lateral Raise FST-7..i hate these but i get a real nice contraction in my shoulder and they got pretty pumped and full by the end..
-Triceps Rope Pushdown FST-7..great way to finish off the tris they were nice and full
-Did some nice core work at the end, it sucked but did it with one of my roommates and my lifting partner as well..overall great workout

Some other notes...
-My legs were hurting last night..woke up this morning and I collapsed in my computer chair bc I didn't realize how sore they were
-O side note i had a make up chem class today at 8 so getting up for that was a PAIN...at least I got to lift afterwards but still :rant:
-I got a B on both those chem exams I was studying for recently tho :18:
-Weight was down earlier in the week(as i noted) back up again today so I don't know what that was about, but i hit ~3800cals each day this week so hopefully I don't need to up more because its taking a hit on my grocery bill :eek:
-With my weight being down this week I was a little worried but taking measurements and i had increases in my arms and legs and none on the waist...so that is great considering I am looking leaner..
-Finally though this program is rough. If you do all the FST-7s correctly with a good amount of weight, awesome form, you get a huge pump and it really seems to be hitting the muscles in a very different way. I am taking in a ton of rest making sure i try to hit at the very least 8 hours sleep(usually at least 9), with a nap each day and my body is really needing it. I do not feel tired at all during the day or anything but when I sleep deeply even in my naps...hoping this helps keep my recovery soaring with all this food intake as well!

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Nice update, Bolt.
Good job on the DOM's, and the Chem Grades! :thumbsup:
Hey, nothing wrong with a nap. That's the only way I slept while deployed. I would nap for an hour, 4-5x daily. I never slept for more than 2 hours straight, not even while on leave (R&R)!

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice update, Bolt.
Good job on the DOM's, and the Chem Grades! :thumbsup:
Hey, nothing wrong with a nap. That's the only way I slept while deployed. I would nap for an hour, 4-5x daily. I never slept for more than 2 hours straight, not even while on leave (R&R)!
I really appreciate you following along man. These naps have really made me feel great lately though...I don't remember why I stopped taking naps for awhile :confused:

Quick note on yesterday(sunday): Idk why but I felt grimy and fat all day long :lol: it was just a weird feeling, I felt hot all day and thought I was getting sick until I noticed someone had turned the thermostat up quite a bit and it was real warm inside. Sometimes I really wonder about the mental state of the people I live with...o well

March 30 Back, Traps, and Rear Delt

-Neutral Grip Pull-ups 3 sets
-DB Shrugs 3 sets 6-8, first time going rather heavy on shrugs again and my strength is definitely above what it was last time.
-DB Rows 3 sets 8-12, more weight than last week, but I can still do more
-Lat Pulldowns 3 sets of 8-12
-Smith Shrugs 4 sets 8-12
-Standing Calf 4 sets 12-15
-Hammer Row 3 sets 8-12, went up in weight this week and will go up again next week as I still got these pounded out
-Rear Delt Fly 3 sets of 12, felt a little awkward on my delts today but I could feel it in my rear delts more this week
-Seated Row FST-7s not as brutal of a pump as last week but I was pretty tore up at the end.

-Didn't do any running bc lifting partner was feeling pretty beat after all this, and he was my ride home so I just called it a day. I was pretty beat as well so I don't think he was just making excuses..
-Weight back up again around 176-177lbs. I want to get to 180lbs by the end of April and I think I will keep my cals at 3800 for now.

Other side notes:
-I will probably be lifting alone again for the rest of the week unless Tool comes down to visit this weekend. Lifting partner has class scheduling conflicts with my lifts this week and he is traveling to see his girlfriend and get away from the block party this weekend around here(I wish I could leave as well..)
-I am preparing to get ready to make an order for the next couple months so I may look for input on that today..​

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
More random notes:
-Woke up today and felt slightly more muscle fullness than lately, but I have been in a slight mental "fog" all day...
-Got an A on my Biomechanics Exam. :bandit:
-Currently pounding down some food with more carbs than usual in an attempt to be extra prepared to pound chest tomorrow(my weakness). I also haven't had a cheat meal in awhile and not that I am craving anything(I don't usually) but I would like a nice steak :food:

Ok I noted one time I would toss up some supplement reviews, but I keep holding off on this because this is a log for my workouts and other things mainly. Honestly, I am really impressed with this FST-7 routine right now and I think my results are great! With that said my supplements don't change very often, but I will delve into what/why I use some things now!

First, some people may notice I don't have any real negative reviews of things around here. That is not me sucking up or anything, but personally I don't really fall for most marketing gimmicks and try something just because the ad sounds cool. I have researched a lot of feedback on everything I have ever used and coupled with having a great diet all the time I do see good results on quite a few things. I also feel there is no need for me to go around talking about what I do not like using as opposed to just telling what I liked using, as not everything may work for someone and others may like what I dislike. Looking back I am not a junkie using a million different things and I tend to use the same things I found effective, but I never felt anything from CEE products, and thats probably the only thing I have ever been really disappointed by.

Second, most of the things I use are following a basic trend, I just prefer to pay a little more to insure great quality and support certain companies. Pretty much stay on a EFA, Multivit, antioxidants, and poseidon(electrolytes and minerals) constantly. I also use creatine+beta alanine combinations w/ some stims pre workout, BCAA/EAA during, and carbs+protein+leucine post workout. I think like to use a nutrient partitioner(I love AP and P-slin) and thats pretty much it. I then add in something from time to time depending on goals, etc, like DCP or X-factor. I try to stay away from test boosters due to not totally believing in them and not really seeing a total need all the time.

So if you look at my log you will see the things I am currently using I have used a lot and know they work so I don't venture out too often..so I hope that gives people an idea of my view on these things because they aren't miracle pills to me, like I fear so many people think they are, but I do notice a difference from using them :thumbsup:

Hope anyone cares to read that :rolleyes:

Thanks to those following along as well please feel free to ask any questions..

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hope anyone cares to read that :rolleyes:
awwww..I care Boltster! :D

Good review. Simple & effective products -- and a lot of hard work! ;)
(you just didn't say that last part, but I know you hit it hard man)

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
awwww..I care Boltster! :D

Good review. Simple & effective products -- and a lot of hard work! ;)
(you just didn't say that last part, but I know you hit it hard man)
I was hoping that people already knew that :eek:

Honestly I am really really liking this FST-7. My arms are finally over 16" cold even when just waking in the morning. I also look a lot more "full" in most of my muscles and my shoulders look a little more capped. Its nothing extreme, but the progress is going faster than usual! I love when training and diet themselves give me awesome results..and I feel pretty good with myself seeing some good progress pushing the boundaries like this.

Update a little later from today's lift, I have to eat then run to Costco because I am out of food again..