And the journey begins...

Trapstar

Trapstar

Awards
And.... my journey begins... My mission to bulk up, offically has begun, i will be logging everyday on how i am feeling and how my workouts are going. and also any changes i am feeling... wish me luck, im gonna need it :)

Here is where i currently sit
Weight-189 (alot of wattterrr weight, atm)
BF- 15%
Height- 6' 1''

I am stariting a 10 weeks program of Semi strict dieting (controling what i can to the best of my ability..)

Meal 1- 4 whole eggs
2-3 cups of milk
1 piece of toast
2 Tbsp of nat peanut butter

Meal 2 - 4 tbsp of nautral penut butter
1 gronola bar

Meal 3 - (school lunch.. HORRIBLE)
3 cups milk
1 peanut butter/jelly sandwich

Meal 4 /Prewrkout- 1peanut butter/Jelly sandwich
1 bag of lays baked chips (for the carbs)

Meal 5- Alternate between 8oz of chicken,steak,or turkey
2 cups of milk
1 cup of a fruit or veggie
1 cup of cottage cheese

Meal 6- usually something random i throw together with a decent amount of cal carbs and prot

Meal 7- 4 Tbsp of peanut butter
1 cup of cottage cheese
2 cups of milk

I am currently training 5 days a week, however i am considering bumping it up and trying to do a few things twice a week, still on the fence about it. as of now my traing looks like this. As you may notice there is no cardio, that is for a reason, and will be put in later in the cutting phase.

Mon- Legs
Tues-Chest Tri
Wed-abs
Thurs-Shoulders
Friday-Back Bi

What i am hoping to get out of this is to put on 10-15 lbs of mass and also gain some strength as well. after this depending on how my results go i will prob do some sort of cutting cycle to drop my BF to see just how much i really gained.

Appreciate any and all advice/ comments

Trapstar

Trapstar

Awards
DAY 1
Shoulders/Forearms​
DB front raises-10*10, 15*10, 20*10

DB lat raises- 8*10, 10*10, 15*10

BB Military press- 65*10, 70*10, 75*10

BB front raises- 30*10, 40*10, 50*10​

Not a bad workout for shoulders, i have been lagging alot on shoulders so really trying to start and step it up on them, (especially front delt) felt pretty good during/ after my work out. Only problem was, i was kind of a bit lost for the fact that i didnt really do much shoulder in the past so was trying a bit of everything at first. lol, i think i got a better idea of what i should do now :)

I will try and get a few before pics up for refrence

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
i'll be checking in when i can buddy.

Trapstar

Trapstar

Awards
Thought i would give an update on my shoulder workout yesterday, woke up this morning and ohhhh boy. i feel like i did a lat/ shoulder workout :p lats are pretty tender from doing the lateral db raises i am thinking, at anyrate i am feeling great and loving the sorness :) will have to eat extra today.. currently trying to stomach a creation i just threw together. macaroni, 1 can of tuna, relish, and a little mayo.... not t he best but just gonna have to deal with it.

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like your meal 1, it is heavy duty! nice development over the yrs

Trapstar

Trapstar

Awards
Nothing really new to report today. lats still a little tender from my friday's shoulder workout. (damn DB lat raises) didn't eat as much as i would have liked to yesterday because of work and a couple other variables, daylight savings time kind of threw me off this morning so i'll be trying to play catch up for the rest of the day.. oh joy

On a more positive note.. legs tomorrow :)
hoping to get a really good GH boost w/o in
However, not quite sure what it entails.. so
will have to do a bit of research on it​

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
if you are trying to bulk up, why don't you train four days a week. Less is sometimes more, if you know what i mean? Don't work so much on the isolation movements, but just smash yourself on the basics: Bench Presses , Military Presses, Deadlifts, and Squats. I guarantee you'll start gaining weight a little quicker.

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
also how old are you?

Trapstar

Trapstar

Awards
For some reason dont respond well to that, and also if i did a 4 what would be your suggestion of a split? i am currently starting to really hit dl, squats,mil press hard, always hit bench pretty hard but really striving to get a big number for dl and squat. Oh and i am 19

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
mon back / abs
tue chest / biceps
wed off
thurs Legs
Fri Shoulders / triceps
sat off
sun off

You'll be better rested and allow you to hit your compound lifts more aggressively. I used to think more is better but when i want to gain weight less is always better because i'm better rested for my workouts.

Trapstar

Trapstar

Awards
I will have to give that a shot in the future, as for now i think that i am going to continue my current w/o, i have started to see strength and size gains, so that's always nice :) thankyou for the advice though punthra

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
no prob, good luck with your training.

Trapstar

Trapstar

Awards
Day 2
Weight-183 (empty)
Ok so i was sitting here, bored and decided since i was not doing bi's until friday that oh what the hell ill do a little bit today.
let me just say phenomenal work out, crazy pump, and crazy over all feeling of just a great workout :)
Con curls- 25*10, 30*10, 35*10, 30*10
BB 1/2 curls- 45*10, 55*10, 65*10, 75*10
Pin weel curls- 30*10, 35*10, 40*10, 30*10
Ez BB curls- 45*12, 55*12, 65*12, 65*12​
I am really glad that i decided to go in

Trapstar

Trapstar

Awards
Headed to the gym in a few hours, kind of feeling lathergic.. ugghh, will report back later.

Trapstar

Trapstar

Awards
DAY 3
Weight-186
Legs
Squats- 135*5, 155*5, 165*5, 175*5, 185*5 (PR)
Leg Curls- 130*10, 150*10, 170*10
Leg Extensions- 140*6, 150*6, 160*6​
unfortunately I didn't have enough time for front squats or lunges... I felt pretty tired and just not together today but that changed once i started lifting and ended up getting a decent workout.

Trapstar

Trapstar

Awards
Thanks man! now.. if i could 40 more lbs, and see that bar bend a littlle :) hahaa

Trapstar

Trapstar

Awards
Day 4
Chest/Tri​
weight-189

Bench-155*5, 165*5, 175*5, 185*5, 185*3 (last 2 neg)
Push down-50*10, 60*10, 70*10, 85*10
Incline-115*10, 115*8, 135*6, 155*3
Close Grip-95*10, 115*8, (felt really heavy..)
Cable flys-20*10, 20*8, 25*8
DB skull crushers-20*10, 20*10, 25*8, 20*10​
After my last set of skull crushers i atempted to start my DB press with 55s.. i could only get it like 5 times so i decided it was time to leave. The workout was ok, i felt like i was a little weak for soem reason.. not sure, also felt some shoulder pain doing DB skull crushers, thinking it was to heavy of weight..

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
hey buddy, i'm not trying to tell you what to do, but why don't you try getting your chest done first and then do triceps that way you save tricep energy for chest and then fry your triceps afterwards. i find doing big muscles first before little ones always works better. Good job with the numbers though.

Trapstar

Trapstar

Awards
You know man i was just thinking kind of the same thing, maybe that is why i was feeling weak on tris today, because i during my chest exersizes my triceps constantly kept feeling tired and fatigued. i am feeling pretty good right now as far as my chest though, got some involuntary muscle twitching going on, wich i love!! :biglaugh:

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
i guarantee that your numbers will go up a lot easier if you switch things around.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
hey buddy, i'm not trying to tell you what to do, but why don't you try getting your chest done first and then do triceps that way you save tricep energy for chest and then fry your triceps afterwards. i find doing big muscles first before little ones always works better. Good job with the numbers though.
i think you're right. also, your tri's have three heads, and you can hit them all doing the same movement, just switching grip from overhand to underhand to parallel grip. not that rear triceps are a terribly useful muscle to build up.

Trapstar

Trapstar

Awards
Ya man i will for sure do that on my next chest/tri day. :)

Trapstar

Trapstar

Awards
Hey guys i had a question. what is the key or main couple exersizes to just get slabs of thick tricep?

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys i had a question. what is the key or main couple exersizes to just get slabs of thick tricep?
close grip bench, dips keeping your body parallel, reverse grip bench dips - fingers pointed away from your body.

at least that's my opinion.

Trapstar

Trapstar

Awards
Hm.. i do close, sometimes dips but usually only feel it in my shoulder, i will have to try those reverse grips though

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
dips, close grip bench presses, skullcrushers, and French Presses.

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
skull crushers are done with a bar while french presses are done with a dumbbell

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
back and delts are coming together. nice progress man.

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
it's looking good buddy. Keep up the good work!!!

drussell4801

Awards
good progress trapstar, similar to my progress from age 20-22..

(i also wanted to point out that I think you misspelled something in your sig)

Trapstar

Trapstar

Awards
thanks man :) and thank you for pointing that out, lol live my live.. :laugh:

Trapstar

Trapstar

Awards
So i was doubting myself on my chest workout. i was just eating my dinner (avacodo with some meat and cheese) and i picked up my glass of milk and i felt my chest shaking! haha, pretty funny. Lookin like some DOMS for tomorrow is in store :)

Trapstar

Trapstar

Awards
I do legs on monday and then do back and bis on friday, what is your guys opinion on wich day i should do heavy dl?
ALso, what are some good shoulder exersizes to really add some mass and some rear delts :)

Trapstar

Trapstar

Awards
Day 5
Shoulder​
weight- 190

BB Mil press-95*5, 115*5, 115*5
DB seat press-30*6, 40*6, 50*6, 55*5 (went up ALOT in these)
Behind neck Pulldown- 70*12, 85*12, 100*12 (did want to go super heavy)
Iso shoulder machine-35*8, 60*5, 70*5, 80*3 (huge increase)
DB pront raises-15*8, 20*8, 25*8
Rear delt raises-15*6, 20*6, 25*6
Uprgiht rows- 60*10, 70*8, 90*8, 100*6 (Huge increase)
So to sum it up in one word this workout was Incredible! i felt very strong on every lift i was doing and felt like my shoulders really took a beating. currently sitting here and still feel a little pump going on. we shall see how they feel tomorrow, great workout!

Trapstar

Trapstar

Awards
I had a question guys.. some guy at my gym told me that A. i dont need to do any trap exersizes (ie shrugs) andd that i should not work my shoulders, (just 4 different parts) on thursday, and do my back/bi workout on friday, i was wondering what you guys thought, i work my traps with my back

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I do legs on monday and then do back and bis on friday, what is your guys opinion on wich day i should do heavy dl?
ALso, what are some good shoulder exersizes to really add some mass and some rear delts :)
Bent over laterals are great for the rear delt, or reverse pec deck. I have started face pulls because they work the rear delt and the back.

Trapstar

Trapstar

Awards
Thanks for the advice bro, could you help me out with this too? lol

I had a question guys.. some guy at my gym told me that A. i dont need to do any trap exersizes (ie shrugs) andd that i should not work my shoulders, (just 4 different parts) on thursday, and do my back/bi workout on friday, i was wondering what you guys thought, i work my traps with my back