And the journey begins...

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by Trapstar View Post
    i will have to start trying that see if it makes a noticble difference. also dude i am having just the toughest time adding any strength or size to my lifts i dont know what i am doing wrong bro!
    could just be not enough calories. i mean, it really could be something that simple. for your routine, you may also want to try something similar to DC training - take a log book, and beat it every day.

start out with weights you can get 6 reps on. the next time you try that workout, try for 7 reps. if you can't get 7, do negatives after your set. the following workout, 8 reps, etc. once you get to 10 reps, add more weight, and drop down to 6 reps again. sometimes its easier having a fixed goal, or knowing that you should be progressing, to help force yourself to do so. other than that, i don't know what to say.

2. i think i have elminated the calorie thing because when i was takming in like 3-5k cal i was gaiining alot of fat, and very little muscle..
    •   

3. DC training might be a good idea for you actually.

4. i think i have a few different factors i have identified.. one- diet, two- inproper training. i am going to start eating 3400cals a day (as clean as a i can) i figured out that i need about 2900 a day to maintain so i am bumping it up to 3400 a day, also i figured out that while i was eating a unclean 4-5k a day that it was just turning to fat, i would eat usually 900-1300 cal meals.. rediculous when i look back.. i am not aiming for 6 meals a day around 550 each meal, wich will be very easy to do for me.
    As far as the training i am not quite sure on what it is there, i think i am going to look in DC training and maybe if i like what i see, give that a go.

5. DC is a pretty solid routine. www.intensemuscle.com
    •   

6. all that gave me was just another form, which i could not seem to find anything..

7. intensemuscle is a bit daunting - so many pages to read through, i felt like i was getting nowhere.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exerc...ything-dc.html

8. Alirght so after http://dc-training.blogspot.com/2005...continues.html i have decided that i am going to try it. Looks very intense and have read alot of success from it. i think that i have the base of it down however i am an sure on a couple of things. for example on bench it says 11-15 Rp, now does that mean everything? (flys, db press, incline, regular) also do all of the exersizes use the rep then puases (15 sec breathing) i didnt see anything about that, only with chest. so was unclear as of that.

9. well, the routine is basically really confusing, if you're not used to it. you will pick one exercise per body part trained, and do as many reps as possible (try for failure). usually this falls in the 8-10 rep range - if you can do more reps, you need to up the weight. then you take 15 deep breaths (30 seconds) and do this again. this time, you'll hit 4-6 reps. 15 more deep breaths, and one more time, now hitting 2-3 reps.

going off standard training principles, you're building mass (rep range 8-12), strength (4-6 rep range) and explosive strength (1-3 rep range). the trick is to always push yourself - you're competing against a log book that records what you did on any given day.

man, this is really hard to explain, and while i understand the concepts, i've never done this training exactly according to the rules. you could ask some questions in the "anything and everything DC" thread, and they'll get back to you.

here's another DC thread that's a little easier to understand.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw53.htm

10. did you see really good size, and strength gains out of it

11. Quote Originally Posted by Trapstar View Post
    did you see really good size, and strength gains out of it
    everyone on this board who has tried it says its the best for mass. as i said, since i didn't do it exactly as DC spelled it out, it would be disingenuous of me to say i tried it. i will say that adding in rest/pause sets have helped me break past a couple plateaus i've had.

12. i think it would be a great program to gain mass. I steal some of the principles in my current program but i'm still not following the tried and true DC training.

13. how come punny

14. just trying something else right now.

15. right on, so what rules did you steal from the dc training

16. Well today is the first day i am starting my DC training, woke up this morning kinda tired so i had 1 cup of oats, and 2 eggs, glass of oj, and a glass of milk. feeling alot more energy. going to prepare my hamburger,sweet potatos, and brown rice in about an hour. then head off to the gym about an hour later. will report back, totally pysched about starting the training!!

17. Just got back from the gym from my popping my cherry with the dc training i couldn't believe how ONE set could tax you so much! felt amazing and i think i am really going to like this alot.

DAY 1

incline db press---55, 8/3/2 (could only get to 30 secs on the stretch then had to drop and start over. so painful..)
    Db hammer press---35, 8/4/2 (by this time my chest was throbing)
    Skull crushers---40, 8/3/8 (yet another painful stretch)
    Pull ups---body weight, 8/3/1 (could only hold for 30 sec)
    Rack deads--- 225, 6/4/4 (PR) (these felt good)

My grip gave out on the deads but that did NOT stop me, just re gripped and kept going, over all i really liked this workout. i am looking forward to the workout on wednesday, as well as my DOMS.

18. looking good buddy. i hope you enjoy the dc training. i might give it a try come winter. I'm done bulking for now as summer is coming.

19. nice. remember that to make DC successful, the important thing to remember is :

beat your log book

as said earlier, any questions in the "anything and everything DC" will be answered - the hardcore DC'ers want everyone to be using this system.

20. thanks guys,
    and ill remember to use that thread as a resource sunny

21. One thing that i just can not grasp is how much protein they are saying you should intake, that is an insane amount

22. how's the training going, my friend? haven't had an update in a bit so i figure i'd better ask for one.

23. I did my second workout with dc training yesterday, it was..
    Con curls 40, 6*4*5
    Drag curls (for forearms) 50, straight set of 12
    calves(machine 40lbs)
    Hammies( 130lbs on the leg curl, kept ripping off my leg hair no joke!!)
    squats 135, 8*6*4 ( i could not get my legs to stop shaking from my calves being so incredibley pumped up, in was insane when i wwould take a step i would shake lol.)
    I feel like i am really trying super hard in my workouts and going to the point of failure but the next day i dont feel sore, AT ALL which makes me think i am doing something wrong. i like the training so far though but just not feeling the soreness everyone is ranting about

24. Quote Originally Posted by Trapstar View Post
    I did my second workout with dc training yesterday, it was..
    Con curls 40, 6*4*5
    Drag curls (for forearms) 50, straight set of 12
    calves(machine 40lbs)
    Hammies( 130lbs on the leg curl, kept ripping off my leg hair no joke!!)
    squats 135, 8*6*4 ( i could not get my legs to stop shaking from my calves being so incredibley pumped up, in was insane when i wwould take a step i would shake lol.)
    I feel like i am really trying super hard in my workouts and going to the point of failure but the next day i dont feel sore, AT ALL which makes me think i am doing something wrong. i like the training so far though but just not feeling the soreness everyone is ranting about
    what about two days after? depending on which routine im doing it will hit me like that. how are the joints holding up?

25. no man not even two days after i just dont get it i mean i am training my a$$ off in the gym. i think? and jonts are doing good, never really had a problem with them yet, i dont think i am lifting heavy enough weights for them to be getting worn down. lol

26. Day 3
    Flat bench- 165, 8*3*2 (stretch-95lbs for 60 secs.. i thought my chest was going to rip in two lol)
    Db press- 45, 8*4*4 (I cant really figure out how to do the shoulder stretch)
    Rev grip bench (smythe) 135, 8*5*4 (First time trying these)
    Pull down behind neck- 140, 8*4*2
    BB Bent rows- 95, 12 (60 sec handing stretch, oweee)

chest felt really good today. will increase the weight on the shoulder press, rev grip bench, and BB bent rows beause i was able to go over the rep range, over all felt pretty good, hoping for some DOMS but no luck yet, chest is feeling a bit shaky right now so keeping my fingers crossed...

I also I just bought some protein to help meet the crazy amount required for Dc training. Syntha6- Mint chocolate chip, one word DELICOUS!!! i liked the chocolate so i thought i'd give this a go, and I am glad that I did. It taste great!

P.s. for those who dont know the * in between numbers is the 15 sec pause

27. i was wondering if dc training is suppose to be just alot of protien (1.52g *bw) or do you also have to have alot of calories?

28. 3500 plus calories and make sure your eating clean.

29. DOMS is overrated. if you're beating your old numbers, you're growing, and that's the reality. i almost never get DOMS anymore, and it doesn't really matter that much. if i'm progressing in weights/reps and gaining weight, i'm accomplishing my goals.

the shoulder stretch is the same as the bicep stretch with your hand position reversed

courtesy of imprez. if you're not feeling the stretch, slowly try to stand straight with your arms in the same position.

30. Quote Originally Posted by punthra View Post
    3500 plus calories and make sure your eating clean.
    Thanks punny, yet again you have increased my knowledge on this training

Quote Originally Posted by suncloud View Post
    DOMS is overrated. if you're beating your old numbers, you're growing, and that's the reality. i almost never get DOMS anymore, and it doesn't really matter that much. if i'm progressing in weights/reps and gaining weight, i'm accomplishing my goals.

the shoulder stretch is the same as the bicep stretch with your hand position reversed

courtesy of imprez. if you're not feeling the stretch, slowly try to stand straight with your arms in the same position.
    thank you man, for some reason when i do the bicep strech i cant really feel it. as far as the numbers go, only done one week on the training so far, so o haven't had to try and beat any numbers yet :P
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. The S4 LOG BEGINS!!!
    By oogaly_boogal in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 12-22-2011, 03:28 PM
  2. The Journey Begins [Recoverpro & Maniac]
    By Santa89 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 125
    Last Post: 11-28-2009, 11:15 AM
  3. And the journey begins... part II
    By Trapstar in forum Cycle Info